Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
SOULJA BOY GOONS steal MIGOS ´CHAIN !!!!!
114 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA NBA.COM fu-ked up.
122 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Slim Jesus Current State of Life
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Kidd Kidd EXPOSES Lil Wayne's Ghostwriters & SLAMS Him For His Black Li..
63 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #6181
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
i stoppped counting Sharptons missed tackles at 7, and this was in the first half
 09-28-2009, 12:14 AM         #6182
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:
i stoppped counting Sharptons missed tackles at 7, and this was in the first half
The combination of his tackling and Spence getting caught in bad position was embarassing to watch.

McCarthy was the only linebacker to show up.

What's up with Spence, though?? His fundamentals looked great last year a freshmen.. he get a big head or some s**t and think he can just use his athletic ability now??

ehh im just venting now at this point..
 7 years ago '04        #6183
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
 The Lefty said:
The combination of his tackling and Spence getting caught in bad position was embarassing to watch.

McCarthy was the only linebacker to show up.

What's up with Spence, though?? His fundamentals looked great last year a freshmen.. he get a big head or some s**t and think he can just use his athletic ability now??

ehh im just venting now at this point..
ive seen him take horrible angles and he is getting blocked too much, he cant get off blocks.
 7 years ago '07        #6184
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 466 466
yes his angles have been horrid

hes playing scared or something
 7 years ago '04        #6185
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,799 | Props total: 1401 1401
he's not a good strongside linebacker

he needs to go back to weakside.

problem is mccarthy is better at weakside than sam as well.

but even then thats not the reason spence is taking s**tty angles and not tackling.

idk, he needs to get it together
 7 years ago '07        #6186
jordanfreak7 8 heat pts
space
space
$6,617 | Props total: 1 1
put authur brown in
 7 years ago '04        #6187
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
Spence really needs to go back at Will. Gives him room to freestyle and make plays with his athletic abilities. He doesn't have yet the size to play SAM, in which he has to take on bigger TE's and tackles; that's why he's getting bottled up all the damn time.

I don't know about putting Arthur Brown in the fire yet though; at least not yet for the oklahoma game. He needs to get eased into the fire against FAMU and the other teams we play after the oklahoma game. However, I'd be really happy to see Cookie getting some action. He's better than Brown in my opinion.

I'ma come out on record and say that we were really missing Aldarious "GLUE HANDS" Johnson in this game.

He should be ready for the oklahoma game though

Allen Bailey should have a strong performace against that weak sooners offensive line

Last edited by Cap Peeler; 09-28-2009 at 11:03 AM..
 09-28-2009, 11:34 AM         #6188
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
We missed AJ, yes, but we could have easily over came that.

The offensive side of the ball, I'm disappointed in Whipple's play calling. We continously tried to throw the ball down the field and that just wasn't going to work very often in those conditions. Where was the short passing game in the first half? If Va Tech was going to keep stacking the box with 8-9 guys, spread em out 3-4 wide and let's throw the short, quick routes.

The defense was horrible, but Whipple's gameplan was just as bad.
 7 years ago '07        #6189
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
 The Lefty said:
We missed AJ, yes, but we could have easily over came that.

The offensive side of the ball, I'm disappointed in Whipple's play calling. We continously tried to throw the ball down the field and that just wasn't going to work very often in those conditions. Where was the short passing game in the first half? If Va Tech was going to keep stacking the box with 8-9 guys, spread em out 3-4 wide and let's throw the short, quick routes.

The defense was horrible, but Whipple's gameplan was just as bad.
I dont think Whipple game planned for a rainstorm, but I feel ya, he shouldve made some adjustments.

With that said, lets just ball out on the sooners....Im hyped for that 8pm primetime kickoff:applause:
 7 years ago '04        #6190
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
so jojo nicolas is starting since randy phillips is out, fukk my life

coaches need to stop fukkin around and start ray ray, i'd rather watch him make mistakes than nicolas
 7 years ago '04        #6191
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,799 | Props total: 1401 1401
i think RP is gonna play..he practiced today
 7 years ago '06        #6192
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,715 | Props total: 12261 12261
Aj, BIG Boom and andrew Smith was back practicing
 7 years ago '06        #6193
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,715 | Props total: 12261 12261

^^^^^

go to the audio part at the bottom and play that COKER FACE SONG

@ ricky ross claiming that he chills with hurricane players in the club and that he should walk out in the smoke before the game too

i wonder what shannon would say to this

Last edited by DEDOS; 09-29-2009 at 12:51 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #6194
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,896 | Props total: 290 290
gotdamn you ricky...stfu before this makes headlines on espn or some s**t
 7 years ago '04        #6195
D.A.R.S. 5 heat pts
space
space
$10,476 | Props total: 424 424
Officer Ricky needs to shut up real quick before we get caught up on some stupid s**t.
 7 years ago '04        #6196
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
 D.A.R.S. said:
Officer Ricky needs to shut up real quick before we get caught up on some stupid s**t.

That f**king snitch is really gonna get the team in some bulls**t in some way or another
 09-29-2009, 03:55 PM         #6197
NoelleSPC 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lets go canes
 7 years ago '05        #6198
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,896 | Props total: 290 290
 NoelleSPC said:
lets go canes
hmm a lady cane? :applause:
 7 years ago '07        #6199
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 466 466
:applause:
 7 years ago '04        #6200
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
9/29 Press Conference News & Notes
Sep. 29, 2009

By: David Lake

CORAL GABLES, Fla -- The University of Miami is preparing for their Saturday night matchup against No. 8 Oklahoma.

Read here for the news and notes coming out of today’s weekly press conference with coach Randy Shannon and what he is saying in preparation for the Sooners.

Opening Statement

“We have a big game for us this week at the University of Miami. After four games we will find out where we are at as a football team. It is a big game and a pivotal game for us. We are going up against a good football team and I respect coach Stoops as a coach and as a person. They do an unbelievable job with their front seven with stopping the run and causing a lot of havoc. Offensively, it is the same offense that they are running last year and they do a great job of scoring points and getting their running backs and receivers in position to make plays.”

News & Notes

• Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops isn't expected to name a starting quarterback until later this week. It doesn‘t matter if Oklahoma starts Sam Bradford or Landry Jones at quarterback, Shannon said. “From last year to this year, it is the same offense. It isn’t going to change. They run the same offense, the same running plays and same pass plays. Nothing changes.” Shannon said he won’t be paying attention to who Oklahoma names their starting quarterback.

• Shannon talked about what he has seen from OU quarterback Landry Jones: “He is patient with what he needs to get done. He doesn’t rush things or do things that is going to hurt them. If you look at him when he throws the football, he drops back and goes through the coverage and all his reads. It is a timing offense and a West Coast offense. He does a good job of recognizing [the defense] and getting rid of the football.”

• The Oklahoma offense is one of the best in the country, because they execute their gameplan so well, Shannon said. “If they score the points that they are scoring now, there isn’t any uncertainty. They are facing Division I football teams in Idaho and Tulsa and those guys are doing a good job of execution. The receivers are doing a great job, the quarterback is doing a great job, and the line is doing a great job. They are down a tight end and a quarterback, but they still have those receivers and still have those running backs. The offensive line may be new, but they are not freshmen.”

• In an effort to get back to tackling better, Shannon said the team had more of a physical practice on Tuesday morning. “We went full speed, live tackling drills and all. We went back to what we did against Georgia Tech. Those guys know they have to respond now.”

• Shannon on why BYU had success against Oklahoma: “They made plays. Offensively they got receivers in the hole and they ran the ball and got some guys blocked. They caused some red-zone turnovers and I think those were the key plays in the game.”

• Oklahoma has one of the best defensive front sevens in college football, which is led by defensive tackle Gerald McCoy. “McCoy is a big time player that we recruited out of Oklahoma,” Shannon said. “Their front guys get after it big time. They are active, they are aggressive, and that is the strength of their defense, so it is going to be a challenge for our offensive line and for our running backs.”

• Shannon says he likes seeing the type of cross-country matchups like Miami-Oklahoma. “It is good for college football that you can go across the country and play different teams. It is great for college football that you see these type of programs play each other throughout the country.”

• Shannon on if playing Oklahoma can help their recruiting efforts in the Midwest: “It does a sometimes. There may be one player in the Midwest section that likes Miami and will watch that game. There will be a lot of recruits at that game. It is a big game. It will be a good atmosphere from a recruiting standpoint.”

• Sean Spence is playing “fine” according to Shannon “He is just not getting the big hits. Everybody notices Sean make big hits on receivers or blitzing on the running backs and he is just not doing those things.”
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside which heaux you trynna turn into a housewife??
150 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
99 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pink Toe With Ridiculous Buns
85 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
163 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Alien: Covenant Footage Just Screened And The Reactions Are In
31 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Introduction to Pizzagate
131 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING First Official Trailers
178 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
126 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy