Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Brother acts like little sister is invisible & she believes him
39 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Her ass is stupid thick
30 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oh My Damn!!!!
72 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #601
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
UM FOOTBALL | RECRUITING
Marve might switch commitment from Alabama to UM
Robert Marve, the state's high school record-holding quarterback, is thinking of switching his commitment from Alabama to UM.
BY SUSAN MILLER DEGNAN

LEANING TOWARD THE U: Tampa Plant quarterback Robert Marve has shown interest in the Hurricanes.
BRIAN CASSELLA / ST. PETERSBURG TIMES
LEANING TOWARD THE U: Tampa Plant quarterback Robert Marve has shown interest in the Hurricanes.

The Miami Hurricanes came one step -- one giant step -- closer Sunday toward their goal of signing quarterback Robert Marve, who set state high school records for passing yards and touchdowns last season.

Marve and his father, Eugene, a former NFL linebacker, raved Sunday about their weekend trip to the Coral Gables campus. Marve's mother, Julie, also came back impressed. Marve had recently visited Alabama.

''Tuscaloosa was a diamond of a place, really nice,'' Eugene Marve said by phone Sunday night. ``But we were pleasantly surprised, totally impressed, with the University of Miami.

``I tell you, Miami gained a lot of ground today, a lot of ground. Its stock went way up.''

Robert Marve, who went to Tampa Plant, said he will rely heavily on his parents to help make his decision. He had orally committed to Alabama before coach Mike Shula was fired, and before Sunday called Alabama a soft commitment. On Sunday, he changed it to ``very soft.''

''It's a very soft commitment to Alabama,'' Robert said. ``I'm not sure if that's a fit for me or not. My mom and dad felt really good about the UM coaching staff and academics.''

When asked about new Alabama coach Nick Saban, Robert paused. ``We're good. It wasn't the same as with Shula.''

Marve, who broke Tim Tebow's state records with 4,380 passing yards and 48 touchdowns last season (he also had 832 rushing yards and eight touchdowns), was excited about the weekend.

''It was lots of fun,'' he said. ``Miami seems like a great place to live and a great place to play and I can definitely see myself playing for a guy like Coach [Randy] Shannon. He's an honorable man who definitely has his stuff together. He shows a lot of leadership and integrity.''

Marve said he will visit Hawaii next weekend and might visit Louisiana State. He talked to new UM offensive coordinator Patrick Nix on Sunday night for the first time, and said ``he definitely seemed upbeat and excited and real cool. He's coming to my school to meet me on Thursday. He wants to talk a lot about football and his offense.''

Eugene Marve said he was ''totally impressed'' with Shannon. ''He's a dynamic guy, a charmer, a great host,'' Eugene said. ``He's a true Hurricane through and through. He bleeds it. He talks it. He took us on all the personal tours -- classrooms, dormitories, everything.''

UM's other quarterback recruit is San Antonio's Nick Fanuzzi, who was exclusively committed to Miami until the long delay in hiring an offensive coordinator resulted in him opening his options and visiting other schools.
 10 years ago '04        #602
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
i hope marve realizes saban's history of being a bi*ch
 10 years ago '04        #603
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,789 | Props total: 1393 1393
Marve is a Cane. just waiting to meet the Offensive Coordinator.

but coincidentally Nick Fanuzzi switched his commitment to Alabama

Last edited by C.R.I.P.; 01-22-2007 at 12:19 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #604
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
hell yeah, if patrick nix could squeeze out decent numbers out of a sh*tty QB like reggie ball, imagine what he could do with a talented QB. wright, freeman, marve....best believe that competition is only gonna make whoever starts that much better

Last edited by madness; 01-22-2007 at 12:35 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #605
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
is quaterback U coming back???

i hope so.........

running back U is still here
 10 years ago '04        #606
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
oh Demarcus VanDyke took a secret Trip to Miami this past weekend as well...Cane
 10 years ago '04        #607
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
Did Hurricane Visit Sway Hicks

[pic - click to view]

Jacksonville (FL) Forrest High School LB Brandon Hicks entered his visit to Coral Gables this weekend as a strong Florida lean.

And he says he came out of the visit confused.

"I couldn't sign somewhere today if I had to," he said. "It's still up in the air. I see things I like at both schools."
Asked if Miami has a legitimate chance at landing him, Hick said, "there's a chance for real."
Asked to rate the visit to UM from one to 10, Hicks gave it a 9.
"It was good – I enjoyed it quite a bit," he said. "The best part for me was hanging out with the players, getting to know everybody."
He was hosted by Tavares Gooden.
"He's real funny, a good dude," Hicks said.
Hicks spoke about what the recruits did on the visit:
"When we got there Friday we did academic stuff, met with professors," he said. "Then we went out with the players at night and they took us all around, gave us a tour of Miami.
"On Saturday we went to the training room – they're supposed to get new jerseys, said they were prototypes and they looked nice. Then we went in the weight room, met with [Andreu] Swasey. Then [Randy] Shannon talked to us, talked to the parents. He said how we have to make the best decisions for us, was telling us about life lessons. Coach Shannon showed me film, told me I can come in and play right away if I worked hard. Then we went out with the guys again.
"This morning we met with coach Shannon. He asked me if I liked the trip and I said I really liked it. He said, `Go home, talk things over with your parents, it's a really big decision."
That decision will wait: Hicks says he is waiting until Signing Day to announce his choice.
Whatever school lands Hicks will get a tremendous prospect.
The 6-foot-4, 205-pounder with 4.58-second speed played both ways as a senior and caught 11 passes for over 200 yards with three touchdowns. He also had 47 tackles, six sacks, three interceptions (one returned for a touchdown) and caused five fumbles.
He also handled punts and averaged 38 yards per attempt.
"He's an excellent football player," Forrest High coach Dennis Clemons said. "Teams ran away from him, so his statistics are even more amazing. He played outside linebacker for us, and he reminds me of a Derrick Brooks type. He can run real well like those protypical Miami and FSU linebackers. Coach Shannon said he likes the fact that he's a great character kid and works hard."
* Hicks also spoke with surprise visitor Demarcus VanDyke.
"He was talking about the school," Hicks said. "He likes Miami."
 10 years ago '04        #608
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
After Visit Commitment open Things Up

[pic - click to view]

Homestead High School DB Joseph Nicolas went into his Miami visit as a Rutgers commitment.

He came out undecided.

"It's a signing day decision now," Nicolas said. "That's when I'll announce. It's 50-50."

Nicolas knows the Miami area and has gone to UM unofficially in the past.

So what was it he saw on the visit that made him open things up?

"Really it was just the teaching that got me, how they prepare," Nicolas said. "It was just Tim Walton, what he showed me. I already knew how they prepared as far as strength and conditioning. It's how they get freshmen to play early, prepare them, that I really liked."

Nicolas spent much of Saturday with Walton.

"He was showing me the playbook and how everything breaks down," Nicolas said.

Nicolas met with Randy Shannon this morning and they talked things over.

"He wants me to be a part of it," Nicolas said. "We'll see on signing day."

Nicolas said he will rely heavily on his mother and brothers to help him make a decision.

Asked the highlight of the visit, Nicolas said, "Mainly being with Kenny Phillips, Brandon Meriwether and Willie Cooper (who was his host). Those are the people I was around. And coach Walton was great. (The visit) really showed me how everything goes."

Nicolas said all the recruits on campus hung out together, and he says, "I think everyone had a great time."

Among the areas the recruits visited were Star Island (where Shaquille O'Neal has a home), Coconut Grove and Miami Beach.

The recruits did not visit the Orange Bowl, though.

"It seemed like everyone fell in love with it," Nicolas said. "(The other recruits) said it was something they never saw with the palm trees and all."

Nicolas said the factors that will go into his final decision are "the education, the teaching and preparation that goes on, the environment, a future place to live."

He says he wouldn't be able to sign somewhere if signing day were today.

"I still have some thinking to do," he said.
 10 years ago '04        #609
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
McKenzie,Marve Car-pooled to UM Visit

[pic - click to view]

Bradenton Prep WR/Cane commitment Jermaine McKenzie and Tampa Plant QB Robert Marve have struck up a close friendship.

And their bond grew even closer after a weekend trip to Miami that has McKenzie saying he's optimistic Marve will join him in UM's recruiting class.

McKenzie hopes to have good friend Robert Marve throwing him passes at Miami.
Marve drove McKenzie to Miami, which is over a three-hour trip. The fathers of the two talented recruits drove a separate car down.

"We were saying how we couldn't wait to get there, that we were going to have a blast," McKenzie said.

While McKenzie was in Marve's ear about Miami, his father was talking about the Canes with Marve's father, Eugene.

"He asked me some things about the school, the coaches, administration, a lot of the typical dad questions," John McKenzie said.

And once the four got on campus everything went as well as Cane coaches could have hoped.

"I was very overwhelmed," Jermaine said. "I was looking to have a good time, and I had a great time. It was everything I expected."

He roomed with Marve and added, "He had a marvelous time."

McKenzie's host was Ryan Hill; Marve was hosted by Kirby Freeman.

The first night the four were joined by several other players for dinner.

"We all went out, went to dinner with Kenny Phillips, Javarris James -- it was about nine players from the team that were with us," McKenzie said. "We went out and had fun."

About the only disappointment for McKenzie was he didn't get to meet new offensive coordinator Patrick Nix. McKenzie said coaches told him Nix won't be on campus until early in the week.

"We mostly spent time with (receivers coach Marquis) Mosely," McKenzie said. "We just went over what we're looking to have happen next year. He was telling me some of the packages that the new coordinator was bringing in. It's a good fit for me, more of a pro-style type spread with two back, one back, no backs. I really like coach Mosely and I really like the new system. I fit in great.

"Rob loved the system also, said he was looking for more that type of system."

Before leaving campus this morning, McKenzie and his father met with coach Randy Shannon.

"He was talking about how he couldn't wait to get me in, how he's not looking for me to sit, not one time," McKenzie said. "I'm going to play right away. He said he liked my size, speed, everything."

McKenzie also asked for something and received it from Shannon.

"I'll be getting No. 85 next year," McKenzie said. "I wanted that because Chad Johnson, that's my idol."

John McKenzie had several questions for Shannon. And he said all were answered.

"The biggest thing for me was No. 1 the security of my son, what type of confidence we can feel that his environment would be safe," John McKenzie said. "No. 2 was the academic structure that they have. He made me feel very secure, answered all our questions. That made me feel really comfortable.

"It's been a beautiful weekend. It's almost like a mini-vacation. A lot of questions were answered. It's phenomenal."
 10 years ago '04        #610
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
VanDyke Takes Suprise Trip to Miami

[pic - click to view]

Monsignor Pace High School Demarcus VanDyke took a surprise visit to Miami this weekend.

"I liked it a lot," he said. "From a 1 to 10 I'd give it an 11."

But he says it wasn't enough to sway him from his Florida commitment.

"I'm still a Florida commit right now," he said.

No doubt Cane coaches will continue to try and sway him to UM in the final weeks of recruiting.

Asked his highlights of the visit, VanDyke said, "Me and Kenny Phillips (his host), Joe Nicolas and Willie Cooper hanging out -- we had a great time. Brandon Meriweather, too -- he is a cool guy."

Asked why he decided to take a visit to UM (Florida is the only visit he has taken so far, and he's not planning on taking any more visits), VanDyke said, "I needed to give Miami a shot."

VanDyke spent plenty of time with Cane coaches this weekend.

He watched film with Tim Walton and met with coach Randy Shannon one-on-one this morning.

"Coach Shannon is a real laid-back guy," VanDyke said. "I like his personality and where he comes from. He's real straightforward, just says what's going to happen when you go down there."

Of his time with Walton, VanDyke said, "He said I could come in and work to compete. He said I could be second team, nickel or dime as a freshman if I go there."

VanDyke says the recruiting process is wearing on him.

"I hate it," he said. "I don't have any time to relax. I tell coaches not to call me, and they still call me."

VanDyke finished his senior season with 56 tackles and seven interceptions (one returned for a touchdown).
 10 years ago '04        #611
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
Marve "Trip was Great"

[pic - click to view]

Tampa (Fla.) Plant High School record-setting quarterback Robert Marve was on Miami's campus this weekend and says, "The trip was great. I really like the facilities and where UM is located."

Asked to rate the visit from 1 to 10, Marve gave it a 9.

Marve is tentatively planning to announce a decision next Tuesday
The highlight?

"Going out with the guys," Marve said.

He was hosted by Kirby Freeman.

"He's real cool, down-to-earth," Marve said.

Marve says he still considers himself an Alabama commitment.

"I'm a soft, soft commitment," he said. "I have to talk to their coaching staff."

Marve will take one more trip next weekend, to Hawaii, and then is hoping to announce a decision at a press conference next Tuesday.

He says LSU and Hawaii remain in consideration along with UM and Alabama.

"I don't really have a frontrunner," he said.

And that makes an in-home visit planned from new offensive coordinator Patrick Nix this Thursday night even more important.

Nix wasn't on campus this weekend.

"I'll see what type of person he is," Marve said. "I'm looking forward to meeting him."

Receivers coach Marquis Mosely laid out some of what to expect under Nix's new offensive system.

"I'm very excited about it," Marve said. "They'll put the best players in position to make plays. They'll mix it up 50/50, run play-action. Hopefully that's something me and Jermaine could do."

Assuming, of course, that Marve picks UM.

Coach Randy Shannon will continue working him hard between now and decision day.

And Marve and his father, Eugene, met with Shannon this morning.

"We got all our questions answered," Marve said. "Coach Shannon's real down-to-earth. I could see myself playing for him.

"My dad really liked him. It went great."

* Marve and Cane commitment Jermaine McKenzie drove down to the visit together.

"We talked all the way down about Miami football," Marve said.
 10 years ago '04        #612
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
Stud OL Re-Commits to Canes

[pic - click to view]

Former Cane offensive line signee Orlando Franklin wavered in the last couple of weeks.

He took visits to FAU and Georgia and planned trips to FSU and Rutgers. At one point he said he was no longer a UM commitment.

But now that's all changed.

He returned from a Georgia visit yesterday and didn't waste any time telling Cane coaches he was going to be a Hurricane.

"I called as soon as I got back in the airport," Franklin said. "I think in my heart I always was a Cane.

"I called and spoke to coach (Clint) Hurtt, (Jeff) Stoutland, (Randy) Shannon. I just let them know. They were happy. They see I can do a lot for the team next year."

He says he knew when he was at Georgia that UM was his home.

"It wasn't for me," he said of the Georgia visit. "I've cancelled all my other visits. It's 100 percent done. I'm solid about the U.

"I committed last year, so I know all those boys at Miami, all the players. It just feels a lot more right, you know?

"Although my heart wanted me to go to Miami and my mom wanted me to go to Miami, a lot of people got into my head talking about Georgia this and Georgia that."

Franklin says he stays in regular contact with current Canes Richard Gordon and Antonio Dixon, whom he became friendly with last year.

"We talk a lot," Franklin said. "They say things like `We're going to win some games, we need you over here.'"

Franklin hopes for immediate playing time at Miami.

"It's all up to me how hard I want to work, just like last year (when he enrolled early but was later flagged by the NCAA Clearinghouse)," Franklin said.

Franklin says the two English courses he needs to qualify for admission will be done later this month. He will arrive on campus in May for the first summer session.

Franklin says he will wear No. 74 at Miami and that he will likely start out at right tackle.

"I'll probably get into left tackle later on," he siad. "I'll play whatever position to help the team. If they need me to play center, I'll play center."
 10 years ago '04        #613
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
Recruiting Shocker for DL?

[pic - click to view]

Keller (Texas) Fossil Ridge High School DL Chris Perry was a Miami commitment.

Then he was a Nebraska commitment.

And now he says he is thinking about re-committing to the Hurricanes.

Perry is having second thoughts about his Nebraska commitment and could re-commit to Miami
"I know Nebraska's a good school," he says. "But I don't have a good feel for it. I have that feel that I should go to Miami. I want to get back in the picture with Miami."

Switching back to the Canes won't exactly be an easy thing for Perry to do. He says high school coaches and his family have been pressuring him to go elsewhere. It is a situation that he is working through and is the last stumbling block toward him definitively jumping back into the Miami camp.

"I feel pressured to go to Nebraska –- everyone wants me to go there," he says.

And he hasn't talked to Cane coaches since Clint Hurtt visited him in December.

"My cell phone got cut off, so I haven't talked to them in a long time," Perry said.

He says he's going to try and get in touch with Miami coaches today. He says, depending on what they talk about, he may re-commit on the spot.

Or he may wait until after an official visit to Miami that he hopes to set up for Super Bowl weekend.

He says, even if he doesn't visit UM officially, he may wind up choosing the Canes anyway.

"I've already been down there (unofficially)," he said.

Asked, if he had to sign somewhere today, where he would sign, Perry said, "Miami."

He adds, "It's weird because everyone's expecting me to go to Nebraska. But I don't know. I walked into a store the other day wearing a Cane hat. Everything I do is still Miami. I've always had this feel for Miami.

"Hopefully I can contact Miami coaches tomorrow and see what goes on. I might re-commit tomorrow or make it official after my visit."
 10 years ago '04        #614
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
we're in for some HUGE surprises come signing day
 10 years ago '04        #615
space
space
 madness said:
we're in for some HUGE surprises come signing day
i hope so...i think we can get some surprises like when frank gore committed at the last moment to UM over Ole Miss
 10 years ago '04        #616
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:
is quaterback U coming back???

i hope so.........

running back U is still here
And Wide receiver U too.... Miami is getting a bunch of high profile receivers...

can we say DB U too?

suddenly everybody is switching commitments and going to Miami... watch vandyke signing to the U come signing day
 10 years ago '04        #617
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
Robert Marve today discussing his Miami trip:

he's got on cane colors and everything, hope that means something
 10 years ago '04        #618
space
space
rakim.... i think C.R.I.P. posted the same articles on the page before
 01-22-2007, 05:04 PM         #619
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hopefully Funazzi going to Bama helps with Marve, im reading the Miami boards so ill keep updating, but ill just be posting miami stuff too busy at work right now
 10 years ago '07        #620
jambo 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,118 | Props total: 4 4
i luv the canes they will b the sh*t next year bet that
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Middle School Student in China Proposes to His Teacher, Gets Mercilessl..
26 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Plano High School Curriculum: Beer Pong & Algebra Teacher Puzzy
92 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside The Rothschild Conspiracy explained in 4 minutes
87 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
370 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Envy talks about the difference between Diddy and 50 Cent (Drink Cha..
42 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
73 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
160 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Short niggas take a L. What else is new?
148 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy