Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
 64
Article inside Richest Person in Every State (Thread includes FREE list!)
40 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 59
Boosie talkin bout Codeine withdrawals
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 49
NBA Draymond Green On Cavs: "I Want To Destroy Them."
90 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 32
audio inside Gucci Mane & Metro Boomin - Drop Top Wop (Official Anticipation/Discuss..
67 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #6101
madness 9 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,812 | Props total: 1019 1019
Miami Hurricanes Receiving Attention, Wideouts May Be Best in Country

Over the last few years, there have been multiple problems the Hurricanes have had to face: lack of quality high school commitments, poor quarterback situations, and largely, some very poor receivers.

Not since Ken Dorsey are we seeing an aerial attack we have gotten so accustomed to watching.

Obviously, a great reason for Miami's early season success is the offensive linemen and Jacory Harris, but I am looking even a little deeper.

The wideouts are one of the largest reasons why Miami has looked so good.

They went from zero to hero in one year. Granted, there was potential last year. Lenard Hankerson was a decent receiver, but the problem was his hands.

Travis Benjamin and Laron Byrd were true freshmen and their route running just wasn't there for them. Aldarius Johnson was the only bright spot at wideout Miami really had last year.

This year, the wide receivers are aplenty.

Hankerson has made huge strides with his hands, thanks to Duper, and has become the best possession receiver Miami has. Laron Byrd's size and speed make him extremely dangerous.

Travis Benjamin's speed and quickness is simply amazing (ask Florida State the last two years), and the tight end spot is also solid with Dedrick Epps and Jimmy Graham.

Don't get me wrong, there are better one-two combinations in the country, but there are no better one-two-three-four combinations at any level. It's rare to see four quality wide receivers like Miami has this year.

Ex-Dolphin Mark Duper has stated these wideouts look a lot like the record-setting Miami Dolphins of 1984. Let's just hope that the Hurricanes can get to the title game like the Dolphins did that year.
.............
 8 years ago '05        #6102
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$12,948 | Props total: 375 375
this might be our best receicing corps since 2000...when we had reggie wayne, santana moss, andre king, andre johnson, daryl jones

our 2001-2002 corps with the exception of andre johson...no one really stood out...kevin beard, and ethnic sands were iight..but nothing to boast over
 8 years ago '04        #6103
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$17,216 | Props total: 2635 2635
this WR group is nasty.
 09-24-2009, 05:06 PM         #6104
The Lefty  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
and just to think we still have Streeter, Collier, Thompkins..
 8 years ago '04        #6105
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
 The Lefty said:
and just to think we still have Streeter, Collier, Thompkins..
add Davon Johnson

I just hope none of these kids transfer but instead stick it out until they get their turn.

With the way we're throwing the ball, we most likely will have a receiver go for over 1,000 yds. Hopefully either JJ or Coop go for 1,000 rushing yds as well which I think at least one of them will.

With that being said, I reallly don't care about 1,000 yd seasons and these kids are mature enough to understand that and appreciate that. They mentioned that and it's all about winning football games at the end of the day. I'm happy with Jacory "Iceman" Harris spreading that ball out to 15 different receivers all day
 09-24-2009, 05:37 PM         #6106
The Lefty  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think we are looking at a very, very special group right now, and I'm not just talking the WR core..
 8 years ago '06        #6107
DEDOS 136 heat pts136
space
avatar space
space
$60,784 | Props total: 18506 18506
in spring training camp and when NFL canes was working at UM with the recievers


reggie wayne, santana moss and andre johnsontold them that yall are the most tallented theyve seen at miami and they meant every word


AJ is injured and if davon johnson didnt have 6 beast in front of him

he would be out there having a show

wait till tommy streeter gets some playing this

this guy is the next moss... speed and high beast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


and all these guys are still young imagine when they juniors/seniors

we got lamar miller the best running back in the summer came taking a redshirt because james is leaving and super coop might go to the NFL

we got eduardo clements silently commited... darion hall is a beast commited dont let that stupid rivals 3 star shyt fool you... this guy is fast and hard to tackle will run yout the f**k over and we might have another suprise for 2010

Our Offensive Line are beasting because they are all juniors and seniors

right now the back ups are brandon the problem washington, Ben Jones, Jermaine Johnson, MALCOLM BUCHE IN PREP SCHOOL WHO IS COACH SAID HAS MORE UPSIDE AND TALENT THAN THE #1 PREP OL THAN LAST YEAR....

AND DONT LET ME GET STARTED ON THE DEFENSE !!!


I ALSO THINK THAT JACORY ICE COLD HARRIS IS GONNA BE HERE FOR FOUR YEARS BECAUSE ARM STRENGTH AND CAUSE HE ALREADY MADE A STATE MENT THAT HE WANTS TO STAY FOURS YEARS, WIN A RING AND LEAVE WITH A HEISMAN IN HISS COLLEGE CAREER IN JUNE :rasta:
 8 years ago '04        #6108
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$17,216 | Props total: 2635 2635
thats the k!ller s**t...Thompkins, Streeter and DJ can all play ball..hell DJ had a couple grabs last year.


When the guys in front of them go off it will be they're turn to turn it out
 8 years ago '06        #6109
DEDOS 136 heat pts136
space
avatar space
space
$60,784 | Props total: 18506 18506
and all these canes got the swagga man


video proves it


[video - click to view]



dancing after a score


thats some michael irvin 80's swagga !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


TRIGGA - WELCOME TO MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Last edited by DEDOS; 09-24-2009 at 08:15 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #6110
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
 P. Dedos said:
in spring training camp and when NFL canes was working at UM with the recievers


reggie wayne, santana moss and andre johnsontold them that yall are the most tallented theyve seen at miami and they meant every word


AJ is injured and if davon johnson didnt have 6 beast in front of him

he would be out there having a show

wait till tommy streeter gets some playing this

this guy is the next moss... speed and high beast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


and all these guys are still young imagine when they juniors/seniors

we got lamar miller the best running back in the summer came taking a redshirt because james is leaving and super coop might go to the NFL

we got eduardo clements silently commited... darion hall is a beast commited dont let that stupid rivals 3 star shyt fool you... this guy is fast and hard to tackle will run yout the f**k over and we might have another suprise for 2010

Our Offensive Line are beasting because they are all juniors and seniors

right now the back ups are brandon the problem washington, Ben Jones, Jermaine Johnson, MALCOLM BUCHE IN PREP SCHOOL WHO IS COACH SAID HAS MORE UPSIDE AND TALENT THAN THE #1 PREP OL THAN LAST YEAR....

AND DONT LET ME GET STARTED ON THE DEFENSE !!!


I ALSO THINK THAT JACORY ICE COLD HARRIS IS GONNA BE HERE FOR FOUR YEARS BECAUSE ARM STRENGTH AND CAUSE HE ALREADY MADE A STATE MENT THAT HE WANTS TO STAY FOURS YEARS, WIN A RING AND LEAVE WITH A HEISMAN IN HISS COLLEGE CAREER IN JUNE :rasta:
Can't wait to see some of that Streeter action man. I'm sure we're gonna see him and Kendall in some action after the oklahoma game.

Imagine a formation inside the 20 yd line of Streeter at 6'5, Aldarious at 6'3/LaRon Byrd at 6'4, Jimmy Graham at 6'8, Leonard Hankerson at 6'4

I'm sure Whipple has that formation somewhere in his playbook, it's just a matter of when he's gonna release it. I love it how he hasn't showed the whole playbook off at this point .

I was driving today and I was thinking about a goalline formation with Allen Bailey as the RB I remember Texas had a 270 lb tackle during the Vince Young years that lined up as a RB and usually punched it in from < 5 yds in.

It's a good thing Miller getting a redshirt this season. I don't want him to waste a year on solely returning kicks. We got Super Coop handling those duties alongside with Travis "The Blur" Benjamin when needed. :agreement6:

Man man oh man, I could just go on about this man, we're so stacked on our offensive side of the ball it's not even funny.

And trust me, Boss Shannon is just getting started. We're finna get Sticks, Michaellee Harris, Hurns, and that other n*gga from Booker T. :agreement6:

Agree, Darion Hall is a straight thoroughbred, that kid is a specimen. He's gonna be our big bruiser behind Mike James/Lamar Miller

We're in the game with Brandon Linder the OL from STA.

n*ggas don't wanna see the Canes in 2010 and 2011
 8 years ago '06        #6111
DEDOS 136 heat pts136
space
avatar space
space
$60,784 | Props total: 18506 18506
^ my cane bro know his stuff


i forgot to add ego furgenson 5 star and TOP OT AUGIUANO its weird name is gonna be a cane too... hes talking to ego and is recruting his a saftey in his state to come to us too


we are gonna use anywhere from 27-30 schollys this year


:rasta:
 8 years ago '04        #6112
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
Maurice Hagens is the brother I was talking about

6'1 235 lbs

He's gonna be knocking nolies for the next 4 years
 8 years ago '06        #6113
DEDOS 136 heat pts136
space
avatar space
space
$60,784 | Props total: 18506 18506
^ beast Fulllback as a Cane in the future :rasta:
 8 years ago '04        #6114
madness 9 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,812 | Props total: 1019 1019
the WR depth has come a long way

remember when we were so desperate for wideouts the old staff was thinking of moving brian monroe (the punter) to receiver? ryan moore, lance leggett, khalil jones, rashaun jones = :sick:

remember watching fat tyrone moss, slow charlie jones, fat jerell mabry (i still when i think of this obese n*gga missing blocks)...watching them play was painful.

it's good to see we're getting some miami-level players again:applause:
 8 years ago '04        #6115
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
 madness said:
the WR depth has come a long way

remember when we were so desperate for wideouts the old staff was thinking of moving brian monroe (the punter) to receiver? ryan moore, lance leggett, khalil jones, rashaun jones = :sick:

remember watching fat tyrone moss, slow charlie jones, fat jerell mabry (i still when i think of this obese n*gga missing blocks)...watching them play was painful.

it's good to see we're getting some miami-level players again:applause:

oh man...

*pukes*

thankfully all of em coker bums are gone.

at tyronne moss talking s**t about Boss Shannon booting his garbage a.ss to memphis and starting Super Coop as a true freshman.
 8 years ago '06        #6116
DEDOS 136 heat pts136
space
avatar space
space
$60,784 | Props total: 18506 18506
^ u can thank the great larry coker and his recruiting

still hate dat muthaf**ka
 8 years ago '04        #6117
madness 9 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,812 | Props total: 1019 1019
 Cap Peeler said:
oh man...

*pukes*

thankfully all of em coker bums are gone.

at tyronne moss talking s**t about Boss Shannon booting his garbage a.ss to memphis and starting Super Coop as a true freshman.
shannon played with alot of those bums his first year, then when he realized how trash they were he gave them their transfer papers
 8 years ago '04        #6118
booie4 
space
avatar space
space
$5,096 | Props total: 1118 1118
 Cap Peeler said:
oh man...

*pukes*

thankfully all of em coker bums are gone.

at tyronne moss talking s**t about Boss Shannon booting his garbage a.ss to memphis and starting Super Coop as a true freshman.
that was Charlie Jones
 8 years ago '04        #6119
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
 booie4 said:
that was Charlie Jones
yeah that bum. Who cares they were both bums.


It's ok, Boss Shannon got this train going full speed now
 8 years ago '04        #6120
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
 madness said:
shannon played with alot of those bums his first year, then when he realized how trash they were he gave them their transfer papers
Boss Shannon didn't even put stipulation on their transfer

them n*ggas were too garbage.

in 3 yrs and the most memorable play of dajleon farr was that FG fake against fsu in 2007

reggie youngblood's fat, unconditioned a.ss missing blocks

kyle wright having a rocket arm but the IQ equivalent as that of a monkey

granted, he got sacked every 3 plays

rich olson running up the middle on 1st, 2nd and 3rd down.

mr. clappy on the sidelines with his "it's ok we'll just punt the ball again" face
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 59
Image(s) inside Groom cancels wedding after video of Bride going Wild in Bachelorette ..
222 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
 21
Ohhh Fux I'm cumn hard!!! Day 12 nofap fail
96 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 15
Video inside WTF shorty head game is....
75 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 10
Video inside Dudes run up on Lil Bow Wow's house
94 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 9
Video inside XXX half blonde half black hair kid throwing shots at Offset
83 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 9
Video inside Drake sweating bullets like a virgin for Vanessa hudgens
119 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 6
Video inside Troy Ave - I Ain't Mad At Cha (Taxstone, Hovain, Casanova Diss)
61 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 6
Video inside Castlevania anime on netflix
26 comments
23 hours ago
@games
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy