Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
28 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oh My Damn!!!!
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
'Member Lil B?
32 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Derrick Rose high as sh-t
19 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 2 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #6041
Lex Lossis 77 heat pts77
space
space
$25,245 | Props total: 398 398
u guys should be top 15 or top 10 since we(FSU) slaughtered #7 BYU

keyword: should

we all know the BCS just loves keeping teams where they are if they win against scrubs
 7 years ago '05        #6042
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
so cane fam.....whats new? :applause::cool-smiley-009:
 7 years ago '04        #6043
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,789 | Props total: 1391 1391
#9 in the AP poll baby. If we beat VT, i think we go Top 5
 7 years ago '05        #6044
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 C.R.I.P. said:
#9 in the AP poll baby. If we beat VT, i think we go Top 5
hhaha yea i was being sarcastic but the coaches still has us #13
 09-20-2009, 06:37 PM         #6045
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
20th to 9th... damn!

I was expecting 12 or 13 lol
 09-20-2009, 06:41 PM         #6046
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

I know this means absolutely nothing, but figured I would post it up anyways..
 7 years ago '05        #6047
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
how come our projections are in bold?
 7 years ago '04        #6048
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
boy i would love the Orange Bowl vs *
 7 years ago '04        #6049
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Canes Ranked 9th in AP Poll
Sep. 20, 2009

By: Christopher Stock

Aldarius Johnson
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Fresh off a 33-17 victory over Georgia Tech, the University of Miami moved up 11 spots in the latest AP Poll and is now in the top 10.

Miami (2-0) is ranked 9th, their highest ranking since they were ninth heading into the December 30, 2005 Peach Bowl against LSU.

Miami has been ranked in the AP Poll in consecutive weeks for the first time since September 9-16, 2006.

Quarterback Jacory Harris has been a bright spot for the Hurricanes as a first-year starter. Harris, a sophomore, has thrown for 656 yards and five touchdowns to lead UM's passing game, which ranks eighth nationally.

Sophomore Travis Benjamin leads the receivers with seven catches for 157 yards and a touchdown. Junior Hankerson has five receptions for 107 yards.

Graig Cooper (124 yards, 1 TD) and Javarris James (108 yards, 2 TD) have paced the rushing attack.

On defense, Brandon Harris leads the team with 13 tackles and Randy Phillips has the team's lone interception.

The Hurricanes travel to No. 11 Virginia Tech (2-1) on Saturday before a home contest against No. 10 Oklahoma (2-1) to complete a four-game stretch against ranked opponents to start the season.

Other ranked teams in the ACC include: No. 18 Florida State (2-1) and No. 22 North Carolina (3-0).
 7 years ago '05        #6050
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
lets start up the vatech / miami thread already:applause:
 7 years ago '04        #6051
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
lets wait a few days...maybe 2.
 09-20-2009, 07:45 PM         #6052
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Deeangoe said:
how come our projections are in bold?
do you have an account on espn? and if you do do you have Miami listed as your favorite college football team?
 7 years ago '04        #6053
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
big game against V-Tech. gotta prove to the world we aint a fluke.
 7 years ago '04        #6054
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
 madness said:
big game against V-Tech. gotta prove to the world we aint a fluke.
honestly man it dont even matter...the media knows were good ..its the opposing team fans who really doubt and every time we knock of a team they will downgrade whoever we played.

like i said everybody wants to say s**t like "jacory could stand there for a year, he's not getting any pressure" "Miami WR's just running around wide open"

they wont ever give credit to the OL or the Wr's for making that s**t happen.

we f**kin snapping necks this year.
 7 years ago '04        #6055
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 C.R.I.P. said:
honestly man it dont even matter...the media knows were good ..its the opposing team fans who really doubt and every time we knock of a team they will downgrade whoever we played.

like i said everybody wants to say s**t like "jacory could stand there for a year, he's not getting any pressure" "Miami WR's just running around wide open"

they wont ever give credit to the OL or the Wr's for making that s**t happen.

we f**kin snapping necks this year.
man i hope so. look back at page 1 of this thread and see how far back this goes, since 2006

after years of terrible coaching and talent, things are finally starting to look up for these kids.
 7 years ago '04        #6056
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
 madness said:
man i hope so. look back at page 1 of this thread and see how far back this goes, since 2006

after years of terrible coaching and talent, things are finally starting to look up for these kids.
crazy part is ..this is the 2nd thread...we had a first one that went back even further..i think it was late 04 -05

we been on here a minute
 7 years ago '05        #6057
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 The Lefty said:
do you have an account on espn? and if you do do you have Miami listed as your favorite college football team?

oh s**t i didnt even noticed i was logged in

in other news where the hell is RA....i mean i know he left cuz of the pats but i remember he showed up last yr in the beginning of the yr and then dissapeared again

Last edited by Deeangoe; 09-20-2009 at 10:30 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #6058
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
RB Miller, Others Expected to Redshirt
Sep. 21, 2009

By: Christopher Stock

Lamar Miller
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Highly-touted running back Lamar Miller is one of 12 freshmen, who are expected to redshirt this season.

The 12 freshmen who have not seen action in the first two games are: Miller, QB A.J. Highsmith, TE Billy Sanders, OLs Jermaine Johnson, Jared Wheeler, Cory White, Stephen Plein, DTs Curtis Porter and Luther Robinson, DE Dyron Dye, LB Shayon Green, and S Jamal Reid.

If players play more than three games at the beginning of a season, they would not be eligible for a redshirt (unless an exception by the NCAA is made) so this week’s game at Virginia Tech would be the cutoff. However players would have to apply for a medical hardship if they do indeed see action this week and suffer a season-ending injury, which is something the NCAA is regulated more now than they have in the past to avoid schools fabricated injuries to earn a redshirt.

Redshirts can be lifted at anytime during the season, but as of now, the 12 listed above are not expected to see action in 2009.

Miller is one of the gems of the 2009 class and could see action if needed, but the staff would like to redshirt him this season. Lee Chambers suffered a leg injury last game, but fellow freshman Mike James or junior Damien Berry would be the likely choices to pick up the slack as the team’s No. 3 back.

Saving Miller for 2010 would allow him to have an additional year in the program, which would be beneficial especially considering how successful he was during fall practices.

“He is big and he has vision and he holds the ball high and tight,” cornerback DeMarcus Van Dyke said. “I thought he was a 4.5 40 guy, but he was pulling away from guys. He is special.”

With Javarris James graduating and the possibility of Graig Cooper leaving early for the NFL Draft, this would open the door for Miller to compete for the starting job in 2010.

Miller, Highsmith, and Porter did make the travel roster to Florida State and were the only ones of the 12 that dressed at home last Thursday, which indicates they are closer to seeing action than the others.

There have been five true freshmen, who have seen action this season: RB Mike James, OL Brandon Washington, DE Olivier Vernon, CB Brandon McGee, and S Ray Ray Armstrong.

In addition to the 12 freshmen expected to redshirt, sophomores WR Davon Johnson and DT Jeremy Lewis have not seen action this season and are eligible for a redshirt.
 7 years ago '04        #6059
booie4 
space
space
$4,874 | Props total: 585 585
props on that article, i was wondering who which freshman wasn't seeing any action so far.
 7 years ago '04        #6060
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
thanks for the article. i'd love to see lamar get some burn but we're too deep at running back.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Best Twerking Vines
31 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
162 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
360 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside J Cole 4 Your Eyez Only Documentary! Drake Stans Come See a TRUE Hip Ho..
36 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Soulja Boy caught Pump faking he in Singapore but really in a ratcher ..
57 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
156 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 2 - Man who gunned down ex-NFL player in road rage case released wi..
142 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy