most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Melissa Ford !!
48 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kool Killa Klay Highlights vs Pacers (2016.12.05) 60 points, Grand Wizadry
87 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #6021
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
“They said they were going to score at will, and that’s what they did all night.’’ - Georgia Tech star defensive end Derrick Morgan after the Miami game
:applause:
 7 years ago '07        #6022
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
 madness said:
I havent been hyped like this in a while. So damn glad that we finally have a qb that can push the ball downfield.

Im not trying to jinx it but I think well come out strong on national tv against VT.:cool-smiley-009:
 7 years ago '04        #6023
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,792 | Props total: 1398 1398
 madness said:
and thats real
 7 years ago '05        #6024
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
man i dunno why when i go to the games i get exhausted as fuuckk...i guess it was all the jumping around and screamin....but f**k the game was incredible i was almost in disbelief that we was making s**t easy....and my ppls are already planning to hit up Columbus next yr cuz we wanna be there in person when we smack up Ohio state....cheah!!!
 09-18-2009, 01:15 PM         #6025
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Extra days to prepare for Va Tech as well.. damn finally get to feel good about a college football season. Felt like it's been forever
 7 years ago '04        #6026
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,792 | Props total: 1398 1398
yo man...we coould have easily scored at least 45 points this game
 7 years ago '04        #6027
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Shannon Reaction: Day After G-Tech
Sep. 18, 2009

By: David Lake

CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Now that the University of Miami has started their schedule 2-0, expectations are starting to build around the Hurricanes.

With those expectations comes pressure, but coach Randy Shannon is not concerned about how his team will respond coming off two wins against two ranked teams.

Shannon says the team learned from the experience last year when they were in the driver’s seat to earn a berth into the ACC Championship game and lost the final two games of the season against Georgia Tech and N.C. State.

This year is different, according to Shannon.

“I won’t let it affect them,” Shannon said. “They have been there before. They have been there before last year. Sometimes when you have something bad happen to you before, you learn your lesson and this team has learned their lesson.”

Shannon says he is not worried about the praise and accolades that are being heaped on quarterback Jacory Harris as well.

“Jacory has been through the same type of stuff at Northwestern,” Shannon said. “Northwestern is one of the toughest schools in the nation to play at. He has seen it all and been there and done that.”

************************************************** ******************************

NEWS & NOTES

• During the preparation for Georgia Tech, Shannon would act as the scout team quarterback at times to get the defense prepared. “It was fun and made me feel young again,” Shannon said. “It was more of me being a quarterback and getting the speed and rhythm down. You have to actually show [the defense] the footwork and things like that. I did that for one drill a day and then the quarterbacks handled it and did a nice job.”

• Mark Whipple’s offense is tough to play against because of all the movement that goes on with the players before and after the snap. “There is a lot of movement that we have on the offense,” Shannon said. “He is doing a lot of different shifts and all it is is matchups and once you see adjustments you can attack a team like that.”

• The main difference from last year‘s Georgia Tech game to this year is the fact that the players on defense are older and more mater this year and understand the mistakes that were made last year. “They are older,” Shannon said. “If you look at the guys now, they are a lot older than last year. Last year they were taking too many chances. We made them understand hey you did this last year, but if you stay sound in what you are doing we will be ok. They learned their lesson.”

• Miami right tackle Matt Pipho did a good job of neutralizing Georgia Tech defensive end Derrick Morgan during the game, limiting him to just one tackle. Miami did not allow a sack against Georgia Tech. “Pipho did a good job. The offensive scheme was to know where [Morgan] was at and we took advantage of certain things. Pipho did a nice job of protecting the quarterback. Jacory had time to throw the ball and if it wasn‘t for the offensive line, that wouldn’t happen.”

“A lot of credit with what we do with this offense has to go to the offensive line.”

• Miami had seven or eight offensive line available for the Georgia Tech game, Shannon said. “If a kid is not ready to play, you don’t want to play him and burn him just because he is on the depth chart. You have to treat it like the NFL. The depth that we have on the offensive line is all young right now.”

• Tight end Dedrick Epps caught a touchdown pass against Georgia Tech and Shannon says the senior tight end is close to being back to where he needs to be physically. “Dedrick is working hard to where he needs to be at,” Shannon said. “He is blocking his but off and running good routes and getting into the open field. He has take shots and Dedrick has bounced off of them and doing a good job of running the football. I think that his confidence is building each week. I expect more and I want the Dedrick back when he was running over people. I haven’t seen that yet.”

• Shannon sensed that Miami would have a good game against Georgia Tech because of the intensity they practiced with all week. “Those guys did a nice job of preparing for this game. They were focused. It started in practice and they had the intensity going all week long. They didn’t let off and they didn’t let down. When you watch that as a coach you can see that they have something going for them in this game. We dominated in some phases of the games, but I am still not happy with the two deep balls.”

• LaRon Byrd finished the Georgia Tech game with five receptions for 83 yards and one touchdown. Shannon was pleased with the way Byrd stepped up against Georgia Tech. “LaRon did a nice job. LaRon is a guy that can make plays. With this team we are going to play four or five receivers. As you can see, Travis, LaRon, Leonard, and Thearon Collier have made plays. Then you look at the tight ends and the running backs and they have made plays, so we are spreading the ball around pretty good to where people can’t get a beat on you. It is always something that you have to worry about on defense.”

• Defensive end Olivier Vernon led Miami with three tackles for loss against Georgia Tech. Shannon is impressed with the play of Vernon so far. “He came in in January,” Shannon said. “If you can get guys to come in January, they can contribute to your team a lot easier. He ahs done a nice job of learning the scheme and last night he made some athletic plays while being a factor on the quarterback.

• Shannon on the coaching job defensive coordinator John Lovett did in preparation for Georgia Tech: “Coach Lovett did a great job with the defensive gameplan. It was big that he was emphasizing that we have to get all 11 guys to the football. He didn’t want guys on the ground getting chopped and they worked on that all week before. Those things made a difference with chasing the football.”

• Senior tight end Jimmy Graham is doing a strong job in all phases of the game, Shannon said. “Jimmy has done a nice job of running routes, but he did a good job of blocking too in the game. He got a couple of key blocks that got us some big runs. He is starting to come around real good and doing a lot for the team now.”

• Defensive end Eric Moncur “came in and made some plays early,” Shannon said. “He is slowly getting back into it and what we expect out of Eric.”

• Vaughn Telemaque made his first start for Miami against Georgia Tech. “He did well,” Shannon said. “He was kind of out of it at some point and times, but we got him back under control and he did a good job of coming up and forcing the running game.”

• The running backs also did a solid job in helping protect Jacory Harris, Shannon said. “I think the biggest thing was that the running backs did a great job on blitzes. Pat Hill did a good job on some blitz pickups to give Jacory time.

• Shannon on the play off Sam Shields: “Sam did ok. He had that one play on the deep ball where he was sitting on the route and trying to jump the sticks instead of playing his technique. Overall Sam did a nice job of coming up and tackling. He is improving and getting better each week.”

• Shannon says he wasn’t aware that Georgia Tech running back Jonathan Dwyer sustained a shoulder injury during the game. “People don’t talk about injuries during a game. I never knew he was injured.”

• Jordan Futch started the Georgia Tech game because Colin McCarthy’s helmet was being fixed when the game started.

• Shannon did not have an update on the injuries Lee Chambers and Marcus Forston sustained during the Georgia Tech game.
 7 years ago '04        #6028
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Five Things We Learned Against G-Tech
Sep. 17, 2009

By: David Lake

MIAMI, Fla. -- The University of Miami thumped No. 15 Georgia Tech 33-17 Thursday night.

With the win Miami made a statement to the rest of the ACC and the country on national television.

Here are five things we learned about the Hurricanes after the win against Georgia Tech.

5. Miami football is back - Miami is halfway through their vaunted four game opening stretch and sitting pretty at 2-0. Miami looks like they are only getting better with an offense that continues to produce and a defense that appears to be getting better as they head to Virginia Tech next Saturday. Miami is playing with a lot of confidence and when this young Miami team is playing with confidence they are a legitimate top 10 team in the country.

4. Receivers were running free all night - It seemed like whenever Miami wanted to throw the ball, there was always at least one receiver running free through the Georgia Tech secondary. Whether it was LaRon Byrd, Leonard Hankerson, Travis Benjamin, or Thearon Collier or the bevy of tight ends, Harris always had an open wide receiver to throw to. Miami has the type of athletes and playmakers at receiver that if they are on the field together, somebody should be open and that really showed against Georgia Tech. Give credit to offensive coordinator Mark Whipple for putting these playmakers in positions to make plays.

3. Jacory Harris had all day to throw - Give a lot of credit to the offensive line for the numbers Miami put up on Thursday night. Miami faced one of the best defensive linemen in the ACC in Derrick Morgan and did a strong job of neutralizing his pass rush. Coming into the game Morgan totaled 5 sacks and 6.5 tackles for loss. Against Miami, Morgan totaled just one tackle. Harris was barely touched all night and the offensive line dominated the battle in the trenches throughout the entire game. Give offensive line coach Jeff Stoutland a lot of credit for the job he has done this season.

2. The defense fed off of the success of the offense - there is no doubt that the defense played with more confidence and swagger once the UM offense built a nice cushion in the first half. By the second quarter, the defense was out on the field playing and reacting and not over-thinking the a.ssignments that needed to be filled against the option attack. The defense did a much better job against the option attack, filling all the necessary running lanes and taking the correct angles to stifle the running game. The back seven of the defense in particular did a good job of filling the holes and making tough tackles.

1. Jacory Harris is the real deal - The Florida State game was no fluke. Harris threw for 270 yards and three touchdowns, completing 20-25 passes. Miami has an offense that should be considered one of the best in the country and its leader, quarterback Jacory Harris, is one of the top players at his position in the country. Harris orchestrates the offense beautifully and always seems to make the right throws and puts his receivers in positions to make plays. During his performance against Georgia Tech, Harris made the statement that he is a top flight quarterback and he should be expected to put up big numbers the rest of the season. With Jacory at quarterback you expect Miami to score points on every drive.
 7 years ago '05        #6030
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
lmao at randy shannon
 7 years ago '06        #6031
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,597 | Props total: 12031 12031

[video - click to view]

Rusty >>>>>>>>>>>>>

anybody who has scout if they can post it i would appreciate it

Last edited by DEDOS; 09-18-2009 at 05:26 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #6032
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
Grading the Canes: GT Report Card
Here's how I grade UM's effort against Georgia Tech. It was the best game this team has played under Randy Shannon and the most complete they've looked in years. Bravo, Canes.

> Quarterbacks: He didn't need to be heroic this week. Instead, Jacory Harris was practically perfect. He through five incompletions (two were drops) and finished 20 of 25 for 270 yards and three scores. He made one bad decision on the second series of the game, throwing deep for LaRon Byrd and nearly getting picked. He's still off to a great start in two games and the Heisman talk has already begun. He's currently seventh in ESPN voting. I think it's a little premature. But fun nonetheless. Grade: A.

> Running game: If someone would have said UM would outrush Georgia Tech before the game, we all would have laughed. But that's what happened. UM ran for 184 and GT ran for 95. Graig Cooper had 93 yards on 17 carries and Javarris James had 72 yards on 14 carries with a touchdown. Both looked good moving the pile. Tough break for Lee Chambers. He had two carries for 12 yards and needed help to get off the field. We may finally see Mike James next week. Grade: A.

> Receivers/tight end: Not too many drops this week. LaRon Byrd had one on a cross route (the ball could have been thrown better), Dedrick Epps had another. But all in all, when nine different guys catch the football and eight of those have gains of 13 or more, you've had a great day. LaRon Byrd did a nice job bouncing back from his tough day at FSU with a team-leading five catches for 83 yards and a score. Former power forward Jimmy Graham even got on the scoreboard with his first catch and first touchdown. Grade: A.

> Blocking: Jacory Harris said it best after the game when he said he didn't even think about Derrick Morgan or Georgia Tech's pass rush. That's the kind of day the big uglies had. There were a few penalties -- false start on Matt Pipho and a holding penalty on Jason Fox. But Jacory Harris had all day to throw. And the line opened up plenty of running lanes. Grade: A.

> Defensive line: Eric Moncur made his return and was an instant hit. He was huge on the opening series in disrupting Josh Nesbitt. Most importantly, however, other than the opening series when GT ran for 45 yards, UM's defensive line trusted each other to stay on a.ssignment and avoided cut blocks. Freshman Olivier Vernon created three tackles for loss. Allen Bailey created a push in the middle along with Joe Joseph. The only thing missing again was a contribution from Marcus Forston. He didn't have a tackle and left the game in the third quarter with an injury. Grade: A.

> Linebackers: Darryl Sharpton earned a helmet sticked with his eight tackles. He did a great job tying up Josh Nesbitt when he decided to keep the ball instead of pitching it. Colin McCarthy had four tackles and Sean Spence had two. Jordan Futch made his first start, but only because McCarthy was having helmet issues at the start of the game. Bottomline, the guys did their job collectively. Grade: A.

> Secondary: The only area on defense where there were still some deficiencies. Sam Shields finished with six tackles but was the victim on a few big pass plays Georgia Tech was able to strike on. Meanwhile, Brandon Harris looked like a beast again. He had three pass deflections and didn't get beat at all. When Demarcus Van Dyke (concussion) returns next week, Shields can go back to being a part time player. That will help as much as the return of Vaughn Telemaque did this week when he started in place of Jojo Nicholas. Telemaque and Randy Phillips were both solid on run defense. Grade: B.

> Special teams: If you thought FSU was a tough game for the Canes on kickoff coverage, this one was worse. Walk-on Alex Uribe kicked two balls out of bounds, but rebounded with better efforts in the second half. But the Yellow Jackets still got great field position most of the night. They started at either their 40 or 39 yard line five times on six kickoffs. Meanwhile, Matt Bosher had a tough day despite the lighter workload. Bosher missed a 26-yarder and 31-yarder late in the game. The positive? The lights out block by Futch that made SportsCenter and the returns of Mike James, Travis Benjamin and Graig Cooper. But like Shannon said, the Canes have work to do. Grade: D.

> Coaching: Much better on defense, spectacular again on offense and much better on clock management. Mark Whipple's play calling on offense put UM in position to score more than the 33 points they did. He was scary good. Defensively, UM was always in position to make plays. The work defensive coordinator John Lovett did against the Triple Option and cut blocks needs to be commended. Miami was ready for it. But the best part about the coaching this week? No timeouts because the wrong personnel was on the field. UM burned all six at FSU because of that. None this week. Huge turnaround. Grade: A.
 7 years ago '05        #6033
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
yo dedos do you post on scout?
 7 years ago '04        #6035
booie4 
space
space
$4,874 | Props total: 586 586
lmao at the shades
 7 years ago '07        #6036
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 465 465
i need the gif of the defense acting a fool in the camera

it was priceless
 7 years ago '06        #6037
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,597 | Props total: 12031 12031
 L-E-Dub b**ch said:
i need the gif of the defense acting a fool in the camera

it was priceless
this one?

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #6038
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
this one?

[pic - click to view]

i think he means the one after the miami safety - where the sideline was going crazy dancing and s**t
 7 years ago '07        #6039
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 465 465
nnaw its that one

props given
 09-19-2009, 08:53 PM         #6040
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wonder what Bryce and his "advisor" (forgot his name already..) think of Whipple's offense now!
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Single Mothers Infographic
230 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside South African Snowbunny Fitness Trainer(Lawd Have Mercy!!)
85 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This website shows how frighteningly quick the internet knows everythi..
8 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside FAST & FURIOUS 8 Trailer Teaser (2017) (Like the announcement for the a..
43 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Best Buy Buy 2 Get 1 Free 12/4/16-12/10/16
51 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - The People's Cabinet?...Trump's administration for millionaire..
122 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside GTA Online: Import/Export coming December
46 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 4 - Man With Gun Arrested at Comet Ping Pong
180 comments
1 day ago