squad up!

Miami Hurricanes

view the rest of most viewed

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #7476
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,906 | Props total: 89 89
CORAL GABLES —
Former NFL coach Jon Gruden becoming the next coach of the Miami Hurricanes "definitely still is in play," a UM source with knowledge of the situation said Tuesday.

According to the source, discussions have continued between the two sides even though Gruden released a statement through ESPN Sunday night that, "I am committed to 'Monday Night Football' and to ESPN."

Gruden, 47, won a Super Bowl as coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers before he was fired in 2008 and became a TV analyst. He previously coached the Oakland Raiders.

According to the source, Gruden and Miami have yet to agree upon the length of a contract and there's concern on UM's part about Gruden, who has limited college experience, jumping to the NFL. Money doesn't appear to be an issue in negotiations, the source said. Gruden initiated contact with UM a few weeks before athletic director Kirby Hocutt fired Randy Shannon on Saturday night.

According to the source, Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen likely would be the Hurricanes' next choice if an agreement isn't reached with Gruden.

^^ from the sun-sentinel

tooooo many f**king rumors

8 years ago '04        #7477
space
space
eport: Gruden to be next ‘Canes HC ‘barring last-minute glitch’
Posted by John Taylor on November 30, 2010, 8:48 PM EST
Jon Gruden

What, you thought this story was going to go away?

Sunday night, SI.com‘s Peter King stated very emphatically on Twitter that “Jon Gruden is not going to the University of Miami. Period.” Gruden himself released a statement shortly after the tweet that was, basically, a non-denial denial of interest in the job.

Apparently, though, the past 48 hours have brought about a dramatic and potentially program-changing shift to the situation.

According to a report on the Rivals.com website CaneSport.com, and we’re quoting here, “final details are being hammered out and, barring a last minute [sic] glitch, Jon Gruden will be the next Miami Hurricanes football coach.” The site goes on to write that “[d]etails are being finalized tonight and if athletic director Kirby Hocutt and Gruden can work out all details then an announcement could be made as soon as Wednesday.”

The site also reported that Gruden’s brother Jay is expected to become the Hurricanes’ offensive coordinator.

Attempts to reach both ESPN officials and Gruden’s agent for comment have been unsuccessful thus far.

Obviously, this latest report should be taken with a grain of salt the size of a life-sized Chucky doll as this would be at least the fourth time since Randy Shannon was fired Saturday night that a Gruden hiring was imminent. Still, there’s enough smoke with this situation — and no outright denials from anyone directly involved — that there’s a fire of truth burning somewhere in the haze of speculation.

8 years ago '05        #7478
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
 Deeangoe said
lmao its seriously turning into sunday all over again with twitter

apparently theres rumors going on there is a press conference scheduled for tom, dunno what for could be ne thing

and supposedly marcus robinson blurted out that theyve been told that gruden is coach so i dunno,
yea I heard the same thing with Robinson. hopefully it's true I been saying I didn't think it was over yet too much s**t came out over the weekend

8 years ago '05        #7479
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,115 | Props total: 730 730
omg pleeeaase :laugh5:

8 years ago '04        #7480
space
space
sgorten

#UM AD Kirby Hocutt and Jon Gruden meeting Wednesday to finalize details of a contract, according to a source close to situation less than 10 seconds ago via web

sgorten

A second source just confirmed the Hocutt-Gruden meeting 1 minute ago via web

over the last year i have come to hate the word source

8 years ago '05        #7481
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 KiNgJaMeS305 said
sgorten

#UM AD Kirby Hocutt and Jon Gruden meeting Wednesday to finalize details of a contract, according to a source close to situation less than 10 seconds ago via web

sgorten

A second source just confirmed the Hocutt-Gruden meeting 1 minute ago via web

over the last year i have come to hate the word source
gotdamnnit i have an economics paper due...and now i cant even concentrate worth a s**t :party3:

8 years ago '04        #7482
space
space
 Deeangoe said
gotdamnnit i have an economics paper due...and now i cant even concentrate worth a s**t :party3:

i been trying to fix my computer since like 6pm and when this s**t started breaking i strted googling for any news

im about to go workout tho..... hopefully nothing new while im away

basically tomorrow we find out whether he coming or not, and if he aint it looks like dan mullen will be the next target and possibly coach

8 years ago '04        #7483
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
sgorten:

I'm told the meeting between #UM AD Kirby Hocutt and Jon Gruden might be happening 2nite instead of tommorrow.
NaN

8 years ago '05        #7484
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
study break....

supposedly feldman is already confirming

8 years ago '04        #7485
space
space
 Deeangoe said
study break....

supposedly feldman is already confirming
i havent read but on some boards they saying he is backtracking and says a deal will take a couple days to be complete

Tim Reynolds ByTimReynolds

Hocutt and Gruden haven't even met face to face yet. And that's hardly the only hurdle left to clear.

8 years ago '05        #7486
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 KiNgJaMeS305 said
i havent read but on some boards they saying he is backtracking and says a deal will take a couple days to be complete

Tim Reynolds ByTimReynolds

Hocutt and Gruden haven't even met face to face yet. And that's hardly the only hurdle left to clear.
i know im reading that now :banghead:

8 years ago '04        #7487
space
space
allCanesBlog

The original 'source' that started talking Gruden on 11/10 and an ESPN friend have now told allCanes that JG is UM bound. Done deal in AM. 6 minutes ago via web

Reached on his cell phone late Tuesday night, Jay Gruden told the Orlando Sentinel he was unaware of an imminent deal between his brother and UM.

"I'm sorry, but I don't have anything for you," Gruden said. "I really haven't talked to [Jon] since Saturday. He called and he wished me luck in my game [UFL championship game].

"But I haven't talked to him since. If something was going on you'd think he'd tell me, but I could be wrong, I don't know."

Asked if he would consider joining the UM staff if Jon Gruden was hired as head coach, Jay Gruden said, "I don't want to comment on any of that stuff right now. I don't know where they're getting all this."

8 years ago '04        #7488
madness 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$13,231 | Props total: 4271 4271
UM athletic director Kirby Hocutt has been consulting Jimmy Johnson about the coaching search. ``I did talk to Kirby about quite a few candidates,'' Johnson e-mailed. ``This job is one that a coach could come in and be in the national spotlight in a hurry. They have a lot of young talent.'':agreement6: J.J's opinion >>
Associates said Shannon planned to fire offensive coordinator Mark Whipple as a way to save his own job before getting the boot after he failed to win the bare-minimum eight games UM expected, and after Hocutt and trustees convinced Donna Shalala to make a change.BACKFIRED!

Several offensive players will be glad to see Whipple leave after the bowl game. According to one, they don't like how Whipple talks down to them, saying, "It's not my system! It's you guys'' making mistakes. They also questioned his play-calling, especially having Jacory Harris throw deep balls early in the season. (Stephen Morris starting last week was largely Whipple's call six days before the game.)
• It was Shannon who recommended that UM name offensive line coach Jeff Stoutland his interim replacement for the bowl game because of Stoutland's competence and loyalty. Hocutt agreed.

8 years ago '06        #7489
Against D Grain 
space
space
$6,396 | Props total: 549 549
So it look likes Gruden for you guys??? With Mullen as the second option??

8 years ago '04        #7490
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
 madness said
UM athletic director Kirby Hocutt has been consulting Jimmy Johnson about the coaching search. ``I did talk to Kirby about quite a few candidates,'' Johnson e-mailed. ``This job is one that a coach could come in and be in the national spotlight in a hurry. They have a lot of young talent.'':agreement6: J.J's opinion >>
Associates said Shannon planned to fire offensive coordinator Mark Whipple as a way to save his own job before getting the boot after he failed to win the bare-minimum eight games UM expected, and after Hocutt and trustees convinced Donna Shalala to make a change.BACKFIRED!

Several offensive players will be glad to see Whipple leave after the bowl game. According to one, they don't like how Whipple talks down to them, saying, "It's not my system! It's you guys'' making mistakes. They also questioned his play-calling, especially having Jacory Harris throw deep balls early in the season. (Stephen Morris starting last week was largely Whipple's call six days before the game.)
• It was Shannon who recommended that UM name offensive line coach Jeff Stoutland his interim replacement for the bowl game because of Stoutland's competence and loyalty. Hocutt agreed.
We can say he learned extremely well under Coker

Planning to start booting his coordinators to get that extra year. Glad it did backfire like a mufuka tho' I had lost faith in that coaching staff since the florida state game.

8 years ago '05        #7491
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 Against D Grain said
So it look likes Gruden for you guys??? With Mullen as the second option??
pretty much

8 years ago '04        #7492
space
space
anyone hear or read anything new?

8 years ago '07        #7493
Kinglew88 14 heat pts14
space
space
$13,933 | Props total: 1895 1895
Louis-jean decomitted

Im sure this class will be lackluster unless we make a huge hiring

8 years ago '04        #7494
space
space
Multiple sources confirm former Vikings coach Brad Childress has emerged as a viable candidate at Miami.

^^^ i really hope this is some bs rumor started by someone

8 years ago '07        #7495
Kinglew88 14 heat pts14
space
space
brad childress gets a thumbs down

that n*gga is a.sscheeks as a coach

8 years ago '07        #7496
Kinglew88 14 heat pts14
space
space
i seen one that had us playing boise state

8 years ago '04        #7497
space
space
we got anotherdecomit. dont know who

8 years ago '09        #7498
reborG80 
space
space
$2,854 | Props total: 14 14
i just want a coach like butch davis to be honest build talent and play wit a chip on our shoulders

8 years ago '04        #7499
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
McDermott Emerges in UM Coaching Search
Dec. 5, 2010

By: Christopher Stock

Sean McDermott.
Philadelphia Eagles defensive coordinator Sean McDermott is a name to keep a very close eye on in the University of Miami head coaching job.

McDermott, 36, is considered one of the most promising young defensive coaches in the NFL.

According to a source, at least two former Hurricanes--Ray Lewis and Dan Morgan--have contacted UM athletic director Kirby Hocutt endorsing McDermott.

In addition to the support from Lewis and Morgan, Baltimore Ravens head coach John Harbaugh and St. Louis Rams head coach Steve Spagnuolo as well as former UM coaching candidate Jon Gruden have also contacted Hocutt in favor of McDermott.

Harbaugh and Spagnuolo have coached with McDermott in Philadelphia under coach Andy Reid, who is known for developing coaches under his leadership.

The source says that it is believed that McDermott is interested in the UM job.

McDermott is in his second year as the defensive coordinator of the Eagles, where he has been since 1998.

His other positions with the Eagles include secondary coach (2008), linebackers coach (2007), secondary coach/safeties (2004-06), a.ssistant defensive backs coach (2002-03), defensive a.ssistant/quality control (2001), a.ssistant to the head coach (1999-00), and scouting administrative coordinator (1998).

Harbaugh was the special teams coordinator and defensive backs coach for the Eagles from 1998-2007, all nine years were spent with McDermott on the staff. Spagnuolo was with the Eagles from 1999-2006 as a defensive a.ssistant, defensive backs coach, and linebackers coach.

During McDermott’s previous 12 years with the Eagles, they have made the playoffs eight times. Six times the Eagles defense finished in the top five.

McDermott’s only college experience was in 1998 when he was a graduate a.ssistant at William and Mary, his alma mater. He was an all-conference safety in 1997 and is a 1993 graduate of La Salle College High School in Pennsylvania.

8 years ago '05        #7500
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 KiNgJaMeS305 said
we got anotherdecomit. dont know who
it appears to be marcus jackson

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is Chamillionaire low key the most financially savy rapper ever?
80 comments
2 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LiAngelo Ball has s3x tape with a tr@nny. #BBB #BallControl
163 comments
13 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
NFL Rae Carruth has been released from prison after 17 years
36 comments
2 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside WELL DAMN...40 GLOCC Starts A GoFundMe For THE GAME So Their House Do..
32 comments
2 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside I’m a young king I might fu-k Alexis Texas/but I’m not on no drake sh-t..
14 comments
2 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside Cassie Offers Savage Update Following Diddy Break-Up
2 comments
12 minutes ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Here is our very first look at BANE in GOTHAM Season 5
31 comments
2 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
OutKast was never really accepted in the Hip Hop community
35 comments
1 hour ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Cp3 got beat up on national tv by ingram and rondo,got spit in his face, a..
34 comments
2 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Lawd have mercy jazmynekyng uproarchallenge
51 comments
12 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 NBA This is the exact play no one is talking about that actually started the L..
8 comments
13 minutes ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL Eagles beat writer tweets racist caricature of Eric Reid during game
133 comments
17 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 NBA Fans tells Boggie Cousins the brutal truth
7 comments
14 minutes ago
@sports
most viewed right now
I Think Pusha T is Assed Out in This Beef
79 comments
1 hour ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 Pusha T in June HINTED to DRAKE on Drink Champs Who 'THE SOURCE" Was
31 comments
14 minutes ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA 2019 NBA draft prospect Darius Bazely signs $14M shoe deal with New Balance
17 comments
2 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nippy Minaj ( Nicki Minaj's N1pples)
53 comments
12 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
unpopular opinion 2: mortal kombat was a better series than street fighter!!
18 comments
2 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
 Masaai tribe roll in on 15 lions...
2 comments
55 minutes ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside Oct 22 - Two Native American Geneticists Explain Outrage Over Elizabet..
1 comments
21 minutes ago
@news
Top 10 most propped recently
Last few hours...
micropave
DATKIDD121
Walmart
2Cold
StillNigga
Cowboywiz
Lord God
blah blah blah
Yung Dilla
Jeavila1014
Top 10 most slapped recently
chef12
StillNigga
Spot Rusherz
HolyFatherSteve
blah blah blah
Binary
Mutant Boy
micropave
Flippa Huxtable
North Face

most viewed right now
online now  54
What’s The Worst Lie A Woman Has Ever Told You?
168 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  43
Image(s) inside LA Legend Nipsey Hussle ALMOST JUMP INTO THE LAKERS MALEE BRAWL FIGHT ..
121 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  36
Image(s) inside Sticking My Finger In Her A** Like It’s Rondo’s Face
63 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  25
Video inside after 20 years tchina arnold talks about the drama on martin
99 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  20
Oct 21 - Trump: Middle Class Tax Cuts Before November... Forreal this time!
54 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  17
Video inside Did YouTube go down last week to erase a livestream of an object hittin..
64 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  16
Image(s) inside Cuban doll gets dropped by her label 4 sending a hit on female rapper!..
93 comments
19 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  14
Oct 20 - This is Like a Ad for the Border Wall
109 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy