Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick Spanish Milf Adult Film Star(You Saving Her?)
44 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Pete Rock Goes in on Young Thug for Hassling Airport Workers
108 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside He's back!! Kangaroo got time now
76 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside TIME New Trump cover with the slick image placement
14 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 01-16-2007, 11:20 PM         #581
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
anuary 16, 2007

Jim Martz, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Woodny Turenne bioVideo highlights

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Visalia (Calif.) College of the Sequoias CB Woodny Turenne would like to take an official visit to Miami.

He's just not sure if it's going to happen yet.

He hasn't spoken with Cane coaches since last month.

"I don't know if I'm visiting yet," said Turenne, who is still working hard to try and qualify for college admission. "I'm trying to get my coach and their coach in contact to see if we can go there."

Asked if he has a Cane offer, Turenne simply said, "I don't know."

He spoke with coach Tim Walton in December.

"We just talked about how he needs DB's and things like that," Turenne said.

Turenne has already visited Florida, Washington State and Louisville. He says he also may visit Oklahoma.

He attended Plantation and Shanahan high schools in South Florida for two years each, playing receiver before moving to safety as a senior.

Now, in his second year at the College of the Sequoias, Turenne earned All-American honors after grabbing three interceptions.

What does he want in a Division I-A college?

"If I can come in and play right away," he said. "Miami said if I come in and work I can come in and play right away."

Turenne says he has no frontrunners right now.
 01-16-2007, 11:21 PM         #582
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
January 15, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

New Hurricane offensive line coach Jeff Stoutland has his work cut out.

His biggest task: Trying to win the battle for former Cane signee Orlando Franklin.

Franklin says, if signing day were today, he wouldn't sign anywhere. He simply doesn't know which college is the right choice.

He says he no longer considers himself a UM commitment, and he says the Canes, FSU, Georgia and FAU all have a chance of landing him.

"I'm wide open," he says.

Franklin hosted coach Randy Shannon and Stoutland yesterday at an in-home visit.

Stoutland is expected to officially be announced as UM's line coach once Shannon puts together the rest of the offensive staff.

"Coach Stoutland seems like a good guy," Franklin said. "Me and coach Stoutland had talked on the phone. He was telling me if I'm one of the best five that I'm going to play. He said `We're going to take care of you' and stuff like that."

Franklin spent last summer on Miami's campus working out with teammates and attending classes. Then he learned the NCAA Clearinghouse was requiring him to re-take a pair of English courses that he took while at school in Canada.

If not for that, Franklin would be a Cane right now.

Franklin opened things up after line coach Mario Cristobal left Miami for FIU.

And he still says he speaks with Cristobal "every other day."

He says Cristobal isn't recruiting him to FIU.

"I talk to Cristobal every other day –- our relationship went past recruiting, it wasn't just about recruiting," Franklin said. "He wants me to go to Miami, obviously, because he played there. He'll always love Miami. But he told me to go to the best place for me, that's it."

Franklin has been swarmed by coaches over the last 24 hours.

He was the first in-home visit Cane coaches took after the dead period.

Florida State coaches also visited Franklin yesterday and Georgia coaches were in his house this afternoon.

Franklin says he has formed a tight bond with FSU offensive line coach Rick Trickett.

"I really like him," Franklin said. "I just like what he's talking about and things like that."

Franklin's official visits will likely make the difference in the end.

He goes to Georgia this weekend, FSU the following weekend and then Miami on Super Bowl weekend.
 10 years ago '04        #583
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
Iight some more News about the OC job.

Shannon focuses on Bond as coordinator
BY SUSAN MILLER DEGNAN

After four candidates for the University of Miami offensive coordinator's job rejected offers or pulled themselves out of contention, Northern Illinois offensive coordinator John Bond has been in discussions with UM coach Randy Shannon, according to an official close to the situation.

''I politely, very politely would rather not comment,'' Bond said by phone Tuesday when asked about his status. ``You need to ask Coach Shannon. I'd like to defer all those questions to Coach Shannon.''

Shannon will not comment on the coaching search.

Memphis running backs coach Tommie Robinson, as first reported by CaneSport.com, is expected to join the UM staff as its new running backs coach.

Bond just completed his third season with the Huskies, whose tailback, Garrett Wolfe, led the nation with 148.3 yards a game. Bond was outgoing UM quarterbacks coach Todd Berry's offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Army and Illinois State. He coached ISU receiver Marquis Mosely -- now the UM receivers coach -- and worked with Mosely at Army and NIU.

The Huskies were 43rd in total offense and 50th in scoring offense (25.4 points a game) this past season.

Former Arizona State head coach Dirk Koetter turned down UM to take the offensive coordinator's position with the NFL's Jacksonville Jaguars. Then, Kevin Rogers took a salary increase to remain the quarterbacks coach with the Minnesota Vikings. Next were Oklahoma co-offensive coordinator Kevin Sumlin and Rutgers a.ssistant offensive coordinator John McNulty. Both chose to stay at their schools.

''I don't know if he got offered the job and turned it down or pulled his name out of contention,'' Oklahoma athletic director Joe Castiglione said of Sumlin. ``But I heard he is going to stay. He really does have a very good job here, and has done a very good job, too.''

As for McNulty, he told The Newark (N.J.) Star-Ledger he was offered the UM job and turned it down. ''It wasn't an easy decision at all,'' McNulty told the Star-Ledger. ``This would have been three times in five years doing the move thing. . . . I think we're close to getting done what we want to get done [at Rutgers] and I want to be here for it.''
 10 years ago '04        #584
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,799 | Props total: 1401 1401
man..the oc hunt is fu*king up
 01-17-2007, 07:22 PM         #585
dade4sho 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damm !!! that dont sound to good,maybe he can find someone from the nfl that got fired ?
 01-17-2007, 08:30 PM         #586
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Doug Wiggins is shooting up the charts on rivals and other sites, people saying he really is the truth at the corner postion.
 10 years ago '04        #587
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
 dade4sho said:
damm !!! that dont sound to good,maybe he can find someone from the nfl that got fired ?
shannon is being very,very,very,very,very thorough in his search.
 01-18-2007, 03:46 PM         #588
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
January 18, 2007

Related Links:
Jermaine McKenzie bioVideo highlights

A trio of Cane coaches visited Miami WR commitment Jermaine McKenzie Tuesday.

Coaches Randy Shannon, Marquis Mosely and Joe Pannunzio met with him and his parents for over two hours.

"We basically talked mostly about the academic stuff," McKenzie said. "Football is going to take care of itself. We talked about what I'm going to be doing as far as my academics.

"My parents had a lot of questions for him. They were asking about the comfort level as far as getting to know the area and me staying on task and study time, just having everything that I need in order to be successful. Coach answered all their questions."

McKenzie said his parents were impressed by Shannon.

"My parents never met him before –- they loved him," McKenzie said. "They said that he really left a good first impression on them."

McKenzie will be on campus this weekend for his official visit, and he says he will also take a trip to Miami for the Spring Game.

Taking a visit with McKenzie this weekend is QB Robert Marve, who is a priority in this recruiting class.

Marve's name came up when McKenzie was meeting with UM coaches Tuesday.

"They asked me am I pulling some strings trying to get Marve," McKenzie said. "After they left my school they were going to visit Marve, and coach Mosely just texted me that their meeting went very well. He's excited to come with me down there this weekend."
 01-18-2007, 03:46 PM         #589
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
January 17, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Mike Johnson bioVideo highlights

Durham (NC) Hillside QB Mike Johnson has switched his Miami visit date.

He was originally supposed to be on campus this weekend, but that changed this week during a phone call with Cane coach Clint Hurtt.

"I decided to visit Super Bowl weekend instead," said Johnson, a 6-foot-2, 207-pounder with 4.6-second speed. "He was saying it might be better If I come Super Bowl weekend. Me and my family were alright with that decision. Why wouldn't we want to go down there when everything's going on around?

"Coach (Randy) Shannon) and coach Hurtt are going to be at my school sometime next week, will take an in-home visit."

Johnson says he has never spoken to Shannon and looks forward to the chance to get to know the head coach.

He says he has narrowed his choices down to three schools: Miami, North Carolina and Arkansas.

"They're all the same as of now," Johnson said when asked if any school has the lead.

He's already visited Arkansas and took an unofficial visit to UNC last weekend. He may also take an official visit to North Carolina in the next couple of weeks.

"It's right down the street, 15 minutes driving," Johnson said. "I talked to their new offensive coordinator. He was impressed with my film. So was coach [Butch] Davis. I got more acquainted with their staff."

Johnson said he's "not sure" when he'll announce a decision. But he said "it could be before I take my Miami visit."

That likely wouldn't bode well for UM -- he says he has never stepped foot in the Miami area before.

"I'll make a decision whenever my family and I feel I find the best fit for me," he said.

As a senior Johnson completed 65 percent of his passes, throwing for 3,142 yards with 27 touchdowns and only five interceptions. He also rushed for 500 yards and five more scores.

His team finished with a 10-3 record, falling in the second round of the playoffs.
 01-18-2007, 03:48 PM         #590
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
January 17, 2007

Related Links:
Leonard Hankerson bioVideo highlights

Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas High School WR and Cane commitment Leonard Hankerson will be on UM's campus this weekend.

"Miami will be only visit I take," he said.

Hankerson spoke with coaches Randy Shannon and Marquis Mosely recently.

"We were just talking about how things are going," said Hankerson, a 6-foot-3, 197-pounder with 4.5-second speed. "I'm excited about the visit but I don't know what to expect because I haven't been on any visits."

Shannon and Mosely took an in-home visit with Hankerson Dec. 12.

"It went pretty well," Hankerson said. "They just tell me what's going to happen next year and things like that."

Hankerson is still working hard to qualify.

He says he needs 70 points on the SAT and is close on his grade-point average.

"I'm doing real well," he said. "I should be fine."

Hankerson had 39 receptions for 840 yards and 14 touchdowns as a senior.

"Miami coaches said if I come in and work hard I can compete for immediate playing time," he said.
 10 years ago '04        #591
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
Nix leaving Georgia Tech to run Miami's offenseBy Joe Schad
ESPN.com

Miami has chosen Patrick Nix of Georgia Tech as its new offensive coordinator, a source close to Nix said Friday.

Nix has been offensive coordinator at Georgia Tech for the last three seasons, taking over playcalling responsibilities from Chan Gailey this year.

He is a former standout quarterback at Auburn, where as a sophomore in 1993, he helped lead the school to an 11-0 record.

First-year Miami coach Randy Shannon had been seeking an offensive coordinator since being named Larry Coker's successor.

Among candidates he spoke with were former Arizona State coach Dirk Koetter, who took a job with the Jacksonville Jaguars, and Minnesota Vikings quarterbacks coach Kevin Rogers, who elected to stay in the NFL.

Gailey is a finalist for the vacant Miami Dolphins head coaching position, making it possible that the Yellow Jackets could lose their coach and offensive coordinator within hours of each other. The Dolphins have said they anticipate making a decision by Saturday.
 10 years ago '04        #592
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
Its over...at least we came away with a solid hire, in a young guy with a huge upside.
 10 years ago '04        #593
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,690 | Props total: 474 474
took long enough, now shannon needs to close this class out like mariano rivera
 10 years ago '05        #594
Clutch City Kid 81 heat pts81
space
space
$16,826 | Props total: 9426 9426
Im very happy with the signing of Georgia Techs OC......dude knows how to move the ball....THE U!!!!
 01-19-2007, 03:40 PM         #595
dade4sho 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:
Nix leaving Georgia Tech to run Miami's offenseBy Joe Schad
ESPN.com

Miami has chosen Patrick Nix of Georgia Tech as its new offensive coordinator, a source close to Nix said Friday.

Nix has been offensive coordinator at Georgia Tech for the last three seasons, taking over playcalling responsibilities from Chan Gailey this year.

He is a former standout quarterback at Auburn, where as a sophomore in 1993, he helped lead the school to an 11-0 record.

First-year Miami coach Randy Shannon had been seeking an offensive coordinator since being named Larry Coker's successor.

Among candidates he spoke with were former Arizona State coach Dirk Koetter, who took a job with the Jacksonville Jaguars, and Minnesota Vikings quarterbacks coach Kevin Rogers, who elected to stay in the NFL.

Gailey is a finalist for the vacant Miami Dolphins head coaching position, making it possible that the Yellow Jackets could lose their coach and offensive coordinator within hours of each other. The Dolphins have said they anticipate making a decision by Saturday.
finally.............
 10 years ago '05        #596
Clutch City Kid 81 heat pts81
space
space
$16,826 | Props total: 9426 9426
another thing i like about this is were taking guys away from in conference schools....Georgia Tech could be without a head coach and a OC now...i havent heard where the head coach is going but i hear he might be leaving as well...anyway i think by taking coaching away from GT were only helping ourselves in conference play....good move by the U..and on top of it Nix has already proven he knows how to get his team to move the ball....he should have more talent to work with at the U too, sky's the limit!!!!!!
 01-19-2007, 11:30 PM         #597
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
January 19, 2007

CaneSport.com Staff
UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI OFFICIAL VISITORS
Weekend of Jan. 20
Note that this is not an official list. There can be surprise visitors, and some expected visitors may change their plans. Stay tuned to CaneSport.com as visits wrap up Sunday for all the news from the weekend.
Joseph Nicolas
Homestead, Fla.
Safety ranking: No. 27
Florida ranking: No. 51

Level of Interest: Low/Medium

The Skinny: Nicolas is a Rutgers commitment, but he is a priority for this recruiting class. Look for Miami to put on the full-court press for him this weekend and try to sway him to stay close to home in Coral Gables.
Leonard Hankerson
Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.
Receiver ranking: No. 44
Florida ranking: No. 79

Level of Interest: High

The Skinny: Hankerson is a Cane commit, and he already knows what Miami is all about. His job this weekend is to have fun and try and convince some other recruits on the fence that heading to the U is the right decision.
Allen Bailey
Linebacker ranking: No. 2
Rivals100 ranking: No. 95

Level of Interest: Medium/High

The Skinny: We think there's a good shot the Canes will land Bailey a.ssuming his official visit goes well. He has already taken a pair of unofficial visits to UM, which shows the level of his interest. Randy Shannon will have to do his best sell job, as Bailey would be a great addition to the class.
Jermaine McKenzie
Receiver ranking: No. 13
Florida ranking: No. 31

Level of Interest: High

The Skinny: This will be McKenzie's only college visit, and his major priority will be trying to help convince close friend Robert Marve that he belongs in Coral Gables. This will be a fun trip for McKenzie, but it will also be about the business of the future of Hurricane football.
Robert Marve
Quarterback ranking: No. 8
Florida ranking: No. 47

Level of Interest: Medium

The Skinny: This Alabama soft commitment is a major priority for Miami, especially considering that the Canes' only QB commit, Nick Fanuzzi, is wavering. If Marve has a great time on the visit we think there's a good chance he will be a Cane on signing day.
Brandon Hicks
Outside LB ranking: No. 5
Florida ranking: No. 14

Level of Interest: Low/Medium

The Skinny: Hicks would be a great addition to the class, but Florida is the team to beat here and the Canes are on the outside looking in. Even a great visit likely won't do much to sway Hicks to the Canes. But this is the kind of athlete you've got to try and take a shot with.
 01-19-2007, 11:32 PM         #598
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
January 19, 2007

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room

Belle Glade (Fla.) Glades Central High School has become a prime recruiting ground for the Miami Hurricanes this year.

The Canes have already landed commitments from DB Damien Berry and WR Taurus McKinley.

And UM is hot on the trail of stud WR Deonte Thompson.

Tim Walton is expected to be defensive coordinator on Randy Shannon's new staff, and he visited Belle Glade on Thursday
So Miami sent out two coaches to talk with the trio in person on Thursday -– coaches Marquis Mosely and Tim Walton.

"They came to the school and just met with me and Deonte and had a brief talk with Taurus," Berry said. "They were joking around with us. They got our new revised transcripts and they talked to us for a good while –- about an hour.

"We were just hanging out and chilling."

Berry's younger cousin is Thompson.

And Berry says he's in Thompson's ear about the Canes.

"I've talked to Deonte, but I can't force him," Berry said. "He's my little cousin, but I'm not going to force him to go to Miami.

"We just talk about things. I want him to do what's best for him. I told him I'm his biggest fan, will always be there to support him. I don't care if he goes to the end of the earth, I'm cheering for him."

Some Cane fans are concerned that Miami might lose out on the Belle Glade players with Berry visiting LSU this weekend and McKinley going ahead with plans to take his visits.

But Berry says he thinks UM will land at least two Glades Central players in the end.

"It's still solid that a couple of us will be at Miami," Berry said
 10 years ago '04        #599
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
Ex-Atlantic lineman Franklin chooses UM
Listen to this article or download audio file.Click-2-Listen

Special to the Palm Beach Post

Monday, January 22, 2007

Former Atlantic High School offensive lineman Orlando Franklin has recommitted to the University of Miami.

He returned Sunday from an official recruiting visit to the University of Georgia and made his choice with advice from his mother and Atlantic a.ssistant coach Bill Ceasar.

The 6-foot-6, 330-pound tackle was a prized recruit for the Hurricanes last year. He took summer classes at UM, but the NCAA Clearinghouse ruled him academically ineligible, citing two English courses he took while living in Canada.

Franklin also took an official visit to Florida Atlantic.

- Chuck King

---------------------------

Thats big-time news..dude was supposidly better than Jason Fox last year when they first arrived.
 10 years ago '04        #600
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
hope that dude Deonte Thompson goes to the U. He'd be a great fit.

All of a sudden we're getting top WR recruits.... makes me remember the ol' days with the likes of Irvin, Santana, Andre, Sinorice...
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Maliah can get it boy damn
42 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside which heaux you trynna turn into a housewife??
175 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Air Jordan 11 Space Jam On Feet
80 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING First Official Trailers
188 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ye hopped on the blonde hair wave
144 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pink Toe With Ridiculous Buns
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
167 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy