Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
64 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kanye back in the Studio with Pete Rock and a bunch of Nintendo Wii Games
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
MMA Ronda Rousey turns off Stephen A. Smith in rousing promo for UFC 207
49 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Doesn't Skip Ass Day!
89 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 09-21-2006, 11:41 PM         #41
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
September 21, 2006

CaneSport.com Staff

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
TIM WALTON Q&A

Q: How healthy is your secondary right now?

Walton: They're alright with the exception of Carlos Armour and Anthony Redd!ck. Redd!ck is still banged up with his ankle and Carlos [has a hamstring injury]. Those other guys just have regular nicks that come with football. They'll be alright.

Q: You've seen the film of the Louisville game. What's your evaluation of the defensive backs?

Walton: You've just got to make plays on the ball. When the ball goes up in the air one-on-one, you've got to make a play. That's all it comes down to. It's like a rebound in basketball. When the ball goes up in the air either you're going to get it or he's going to get it. We have to come down with those plays. It's as simple as that.

Q: How upset were you with the deep completions?

Walton: When they catch balls, it's not up to your standards. When they catch deep balls on you, you don't like that. We have to make those plays by getting the ball out. That's our job. We have to get the ball out.

Q: Were the safeties supposed to be helping out on some of those deep completions at Louisville?

Walton: No. Those corners have to make plays on the ball. They're with the guy. I tell people all the time, if the corner makes the play, you aren't asking me a question about the safety. They have to make the play. You knock three of those balls down, you're not asking me a question about that. So they have to knock the ball down. That's their job. That's their deal. They have to cover.

Q: When Randy Phillips came in here as a recruit, he thought he'd be a safety. He can switch his hips well, so he's playing cornerback. But is it tough for him going up against some of the faster, shiftier guys?

Walton: No. Antrel Rolle is big and not that fast. Then you have Kelly Jennings, who was a small cover guy. You have Marcus Maxey who is a big, tall guy with not great hips that played [cornerback]. You have Mike Rumph, who was a big kid who played here. He's fine. The bottom line is guys just have to make plays when the opportunity comes.

Q: Do you anticipate any depth chart shakeup in the secondary?

Walton: Well, we're always looking at that. We have a bye week, so the depth chart will be determined by how you practice this week and the beginning of (next) week. On any given day you have to see who is continuing to make plays. But they're all fine. You just have to make a play. That's what it comes down to. It's the same thing with a tackle. You have to make the play.

Q: Who is getting the first team reps at cornerback right now?

Walton: They're all rotating in. We have three guys right now -- Bruce Johnson, Randy Phillips and Glenn Sharpe. Those are the three guys rotating in. I don't know which ones will start. It's based on how they practice.
 10 years ago '05        #42
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
so whats the word finally on moore? did they ever charge him with ne thing?
 09-22-2006, 11:49 AM         #43
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
September 22, 2006

CaneSport.com Staff

Tight end Greg Olsen has eight catches for 79 yards and no touchdowns through Miami's first three games.

It's not quite the start he envisioned as one of the nation's top returning tight ends.

Overall Cane QB Kyle Wright has only one touchdown pass this season.

"It's frustrating that our offense isn't performing," Olsen said. "To me, that's more frustrating than not catching the ball. That's kind of the way it is. We just have to get better."

Olsen says he doesn't see Wright as the reason he's not getting the ball.

"I think guys around him have to chip in, take some of the pressure off back there," Olsen said. "We have to run the ball, make them bring some guys into the box and try and open some stuff up on the outside. All around, there are a ton of things we can improve on real simply that will make all the difference in the world."

What are teams doing to take Olsen away?

"Some different coverages, different techniques that are pretty successful at taking tight ends away," he says. "You can't let them do it. You have to get open in double teams, take pressure off the interior, have to run the ball. There's a lot of things we have to do to combat that. Thus far we haven't really executed the way we've wanted to. We've allowed teams to dictate what we're going to do.

"There's a lot of different things (causing Olsen's lack of catches). Maybe I didn't run a good enough route. Maybe on one defense they had a good defense called and were able to take whatever route I was supposed to run out. You can't put your finger on just one thing. If it was that easy we'd just fix it."

Which brings up a big question: How hard is it going to be to spring Olsen and help get the offense back on track?

Olsen says the key is for the offense to just keep plugging along and f!ghting its way through things.

"These first three games, we're not in panic mode here," Olsen said. "We have a ton to play for. And, individually, we all have a ton to play for. We still have great players here. People can say that they want, that this isn't the Miami of the past. They can say whatever they want. They don't really matter. They have no outcome in what our season is."

A year ago Olsen stayed in regularly to help block on blitzes.

This year he's going out on pass routes more frequently.

He says he talks with Wright "about different things we can do on the field, maybe get some thing sparked for the offense. But we have to stay within the offense, can't start making things up because then you'll be even worse. We have a ton of confidence in what our coaches want to do. If we start executing what they come up with, I really think we'll be able to turn it around."

Asked to evaluate his own play this year, Olsen says, "We're 1-2. I don't think anyone can say they're playing well enough. It's a team thing, you know? One guy plays well, he's not really playing well because if everyone was playing well we wouldn't be 1-2."
 10 years ago '04        #44
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,798 | Props total: 1401 1401
 Deeangoe said:
so whats the word finally on moore? did they ever charge him with ne thing?
nope..
 09-22-2006, 12:53 PM         #45
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

CaneSport.com Staff

MARQUES MOSELY Q&A

Q: Coach Larry Coker said against Louisville some receivers ran the wrong
routes.

Mosely: It's just a matter of discipline. We'll see looks in practice against the scout team, the defense, and we have to carry that over to games. We're going to get different looks, the speed of the game is different when you're playing on Saturdays. But we're not going to make excuses. We're going to continue to get better, stay disciplined. And when we come out on Saturday's, we won't be making those same mistakes.

Q: Darnell Jenkins said he tore his PCL. He says he can play with it, but you have to think he won't be 100 percent the rest of the year. Does that make you change things?

Mosely: No, not at all. It's just a matter of Darnell f!ghting through it. He's a senior now, knows he's not going to be fresh all the way through the year. It's either you're hurt or you're injured, and right now Darnell is just hurt. He's going to f!ght through it. That's going to make him tough, and we're not going to let him slack off just because of a minor injury. If he wants to play football at the next level he's going to have to f!ght through it.

Q: How effective can a guy be with a torn PCL?

Mosely: I think it's just mental. If he can f!ght through it and not be consistently worrying about it, go out and do his routes, block his butt off and do the things he needs to do, he can f!ght through it and become a better player. But if he doesn't try to f!ght through it, then his play will show from him worrying about his injury.

Q: Talk about your depth – who is your third guy behind Darnell and Lance Leggett?

Mosely: Probably Sam Shields right now.

Q: And after Sam?

Mosely: Ryan Hill's probably the fourth guy right now. We're trying to push the depth chart to where I can play six guys with Khalil Jones and Terrell Walden. We're working with (Walden) as well. Those are the top four right now with Khalil and Terrell coming off slight injuries.

Q: What does Khalil need to do to get above the true freshmen on the depth chart?

Mosely: You know, it's the same as I said on Day 1. He just needs confidence. And Khalil is not playing with a lot of confidence right now. When he decides to play with a lot of confidence he'll be a special player. He has all the weight room tools – the size, speed and everything. But he needs to play with confidence, and until he does that he's not going to be able to play here at the University of Miami.

Q: Talk about Leggett's play.

Mosely: Lance is special. He has come tremendously far from what I heard before this year. Lance is going to be a special player for us this year. Lance is probably playing the best out of anybody in my group. I'm excited about the progress Lance has made. He's going to be a great player here. He's physical in the run game, is catching the football over the middle. He's being a leader out there on the field. Lance is exciting for us right now.
 09-22-2006, 02:03 PM         #46
SteveSS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm disgusted with the current state of the program.
 10 years ago '05        #47
BigBoi0105 
space
space
space
$597 | Props total: 0 0
Bring Back Butch Davis
 09-22-2006, 03:13 PM         #48
DrunkenMonkey58 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SteveSS said:
I'm disgusted with the current state of the program.
 09-22-2006, 03:17 PM         #49
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Its not over we got an easy schedule up into the championship games we could still be in the BCS and still have a sick recruiting class thats gonna get better..
 10 years ago '05        #50
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,917 | Props total: 3 3
 RakimAllahNY said:
Its not over we got an easy schedule up into the championship games we could still be in the BCS and still have a sick recruiting class thats gonna get better..
The schedule IS easy, but Miami has shown a tendency to "choke" down the stretch...and with Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, and Boston College on the docket........

Also, I very VERY much doubt you make the BCS based on the performance so far this year.

Lastly, Miami will most always recruit well, but expect a dip compared to recent years. The on the field "success" and the fact Coker might not be there has already started making recruits start "looking" elsewhere.
 09-22-2006, 06:34 PM         #51
DrunkenMonkey58 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^^^^ thank god.... maybe he can start sh*ttin on yalls thread instead of penn state
 10 years ago '05        #52
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
 DrunkenMonkey58 said:
^^^^^^ thank god.... maybe he can start sh*ttin on yalls thread instead of penn state
I'm just stating what I think is happening, or going to happen. No reason for anyone to "sh*t" on anyone.
 09-22-2006, 07:00 PM         #53
DrunkenMonkey58 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Y2Luda said:
I'm just stating what I think is happening, or going to happen. No reason for anyone to "sh*t" on anyone.
but wouldnt you rather stay in here, than the PSU thread :D :D :D
 10 years ago '05        #54
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
 DrunkenMonkey58 said:
but wouldnt you rather stay in here, than the PSU thread :D :D :D
No, I dislike PSU more than Miami. Plus, we beat Miami the last time we played them. :D
 09-22-2006, 07:12 PM         #55
DrunkenMonkey58 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Y2Luda said:
No, I dislike PSU more than Miami. Plus, we beat Miami the last time we played them. :D

oooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

thanx for the loyalty
 10 years ago '04        #56
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,798 | Props total: 1401 1401
fu*k it we rebuilding this year...we have lost so many early players to the draft it has come back to hurt us.
 09-23-2006, 01:08 AM         #57
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Y2Luda said:
The schedule IS easy, but Miami has shown a tendency to "choke" down the stretch...and with Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, and Boston College on the docket........

Also, I very VERY much doubt you make the BCS based on the performance so far this year.

Lastly, Miami will most always recruit well, but expect a dip compared to recent years. The on the field "success" and the fact Coker might not be there has already started making recruits start "looking" elsewhere.
Choke down the stretch? Not really maybe 03 n 04.. But we always beat BC and GT wont sneak up on us.. VT is always a challenge but outside of that meh
 10 years ago '05        #58
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
 RakimAllahNY said:
Choke down the stretch? Not really maybe 03 n 04.. But we always beat BC and GT wont sneak up on us.. VT is always a challenge but outside of that meh
It happened in '03 [against Va. Tech and Tennessee].

It happened in '04 [agaisnt North Carolina, Clemson, and Virginia Tech]

It happened in '05 [against Georgia Tech and LSU]

That would be long enough for me to consider it a "trend." Also, this isn't Miami of years past IMO, they are worse, so games you would have formally considered a "W" arent' at this juncture.
 09-23-2006, 05:01 AM         #59
livebythunder 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
every team goes through some rough sh*t. they'll be back in no time. the best talent comes from the u.
 09-23-2006, 10:58 AM         #60
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Y2Luda said:
It happened in '03 [against Va. Tech and Tennessee].

It happened in '04 [agaisnt North Carolina, Clemson, and Virginia Tech]

It happened in '05 [against Georgia Tech and LSU]

That would be long enough for me to consider it a "trend." Also, this isn't Miami of years past IMO, they are worse, so games you would have formally considered a "W" arent' at this juncture.
05 wasnt like we were in title contention and LSU was a better team in 04 n 03 yes. They arent but I said imo we have an easy enough schedule outside of VT that if we make it to the title game anything can happen. So people that say this year is over are dumb. Kinda like how FSU made it with 9-3 or whatever vs PSU
Home      

most viewed right now
J Prince really think he a godfather
182 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside im going to FAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont care anymore
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If you like women, you'll LIKE this thread. If you like men, SLAP this..
64 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
is there any bigger simp in film history?
269 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Trailer Teaser
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Nintendo shows off Super Mario Run & Nintendo Switch on Tonight Show
55 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 8 - Mark Cuban: Trump is our number one draft pick
32 comments
22 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy