most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Melissa Ford !!
48 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kool Killa Klay Highlights vs Pacers (2016.12.05) 60 points, Grand Wizadry
87 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #5941
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Practice Report: 9/4
Sep. 4, 2009

By: David Lake

Steven Wesley
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- The University of Miami practiced this morning at 5:45 as the Hurricanes prepare for the Florida State game this Monday.

Miami will resume practice tomorrow at 9 a.m.

Read here for the news and notes following today’s practice.

News & Notes

• Coach Randy Shannon said “Jojo Nicolas or (Vaughn) Telemaque” will be the starting free safety for Miami against FSU. The depth chart Miami provided yesterday lists Nicolas as the starter.

• Junior DE Steven Wesley will be the veteran for Miami at defensive end going into the FSU game. “Steven has been doing good. He started off camp slow, but he has picked it up well and is playing his butt off and in scrimmages he has been very productive. He has really come on as a veteran guy.” Wesley’s strength at defensive end is as a run stopper. He started 11 games for UM last year.

• Walk-on quarterback Jake Byrne is the snapper on field goals and third-team quarterback. Miami’s other walk-on quarterback, Matt Perrelli, will be the holder during field goal situations.

• Shannon on his impressions of FSU’s secondary: “they have a lot of different guys in their secondary from what they had last year, but they have some athletes. Patrick Robinson from Gulliver does a nice job at his position and they have some guys that are athletes.”

• Shannon says linebacker is the strength of the FSU defense: “All those guys can run, they are big and physical and they fly to the ball and make plays.”

• Senior safety Randy Phillips is the veteran of the secondary and he can act like a coach on the field. “Him and Chavez are the veteran guys,” Shannon said. “They get everybody lined up with the checks.”

• Wide receiver Aldarius Johnson has dropped his weight from 219 pounds to 206 pounds going into this season and he feels like his speed and quickness has improved.
 7 years ago '04        #5942
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
Recruits Predict UM-FSU Game
Sep. 4, 2009

By: Nate Adelson

Javarris James is looking to lead Miami past FSU on Monday.
Miami and Florida State are set to renew their annual rivalry Monday night on national television.

This rivalry draws not just eyes from all over the state of Florida, but also from around the country as well.

Both teams are not quite at the levels they may have been in the past but make no mistake, it’s still a fierce rivalry. Anybody in the United States who is watching college football at 8:00 pm on September 7th will be watching this game.

Almost every high school football player in Florida as well as other states loves to watch this matchup each season. Some grew up following the Hurricanes, some grew up following the Seminoles, and some grew up following neither.

Although the game doesn’t actually take place until Monday, each of these highly touted recruits already has their own idea of what will transpire. All twenty-four of the following senior prospects hold scholarship offers from the University of Miami.

Each gave his own take on which team will win, his thoughts on the score, and a brief explanation why they chose the team they did.

The Recruits' Picks

S Travis Bell, Glades Central – “Miami wins 36-14 because they’re going to play hard, they’ve reloaded, and they have some great young returners on special teams.”

RB Giovanni Bernard, St. Thomas Aquinas – “Florida State wins by 7-14 points because they have a real good offensive line coming back, they have a little more firepower, and Miami’s quarterback situation is a little shaky.”

WR Corey Brown, Cardinal O’Hara (PA) – “Florida State wins 21-17 because home field advantage is big, Christian Ponder is tough to stop, and I don’t know if Jacory Harris can lead them to score enough.”

DT Todd Chandler, Northwestern (Miami commit) – “Miami wins 35-34 because whoever wants it the most will come out with the win and Miami’s young guys are hungry.”

RB Eduardo Clements, Booker T. Washington – “Miami wins by 3-7 points because the defense will be better from last year with Sean Spence, Marcus Forston, and Brandon Harris.”

LB Tyrone Cornileus, Stephenson (GA) (Miami commit) – “Miami wins by at least 14 points because they have a lot of talent, the younger talent is coming up, the defense is strong, and they have a great quarterback.”

CB Jeremy Davis, Cape Coral (Miami commit) – “Miami wins 28-14 because they’ve been together for awhile now, everybody has gotten used to each other, and they were all babies last year and now they are grown men.”

CB Greg Dent, Glades Central – “Florida State wins 45-38 because they have more experienced players and Miami has a lot of younger players.”

WR Quinton Dunbar, Booker T. Washington – “Miami wins 17-14 because their offense will be better than last year and that will make the difference so that they can control the game.”

OL Jonathan Feliciano, Western (Miami commit) – “Miami wins by 3 points because Florida State will miss a kick and the end and just because I’m committed.”

CB Tony Grimes, Hollywood Hills – “Miami wins by 18 points because they’re fired up this year, they’re fully prepared, and Florida State lost a lot of talent in the senior class that just left.”

WR Michaelee Harris, Northwestern – “Miami wins 38-12 because they have a talented offense and the defense is a little young but better than last year.”

LB Javarie Johnson, Dunbar (D.C.) (Miami commit) – “Miami wins 24-21 because I’m biased toward them and that’s where I’m committed.”

LB Christian Jones, Lake Howell – “Florida State wins by 3-7 points because I was at their spring game and their defense looks great and tough to score against.”

OL Arie Kouandjio, DeMatha Catholic (MD) – “Miami wins by 14 points because they’ve been recruiting so well over the past couple of years so the team is ready to get it done.”

OL Brandon Linder, St. Thomas Aquinas – “Miami wins 21-14 because they have more talent, and the younger players have a year under their belt, and their program is headed in the right direction.”

WR Ivan McCartney, Miramar – “Miami wins 35-21 because they will prove the doubters wrong and they have a chip on their shoulder.”

OL Shane McDermott, Palm Beach Central (Miami commit) – “Miami wins 28-21 because it’s finally time for the young players to rise to the occasion and it’s a great rivalry.”

QB Stephen Morris, Monsignor Pace (Miami commit) – “Miami wins in a really close game but Coach Whipple will have them prepared enough to get the win.”

DT Louis Nix, Jacksonville Raines (Miami commit) – “Miami wins 22-21 because last year they lost some close games but the true freshmen are a year older now.”

CB Kacy Rodgers, Southlake Carroll (TX) (Miami commit) – “Miami wins in a close game because the Miami players and coaches have been saying that they’ll have a better team this season.”

DE Lynden Trail, Booker T. Washington – “Miami wins by 3-6 points because it’s such a close game every year and it’s always tight.”

TE Clive Walford, Glades Central (Miami commit) – “Miami wins 28-10 because Florida State always has talent but Miami has Graig Cooper, Travis Benjamin, Randy Phillips, and Jacory Harris.”

WR Willis Wright, Miami Springs – “Miami wins by 3-7 points because they’ve been working hard in practice and people have been doubting them.”
 7 years ago '04        #5943
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
the recruits know what time it is
 7 years ago '06        #5944
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,597 | Props total: 12031 12031
:wow: :wow::wow:

one of top of wide outs in the 2011 class from tampa jefferson Andre Davis

hes a beast

Davis, who is being pursued by many teams, has a current childhood favorite. He grew up a Hurricane fan and says that despite the FSU offer, 'the 'Canes are still the team to beat.

"They are. But at the same time I am so happy to get that offer from Florida State. You never know what can happen."
we offered yesterday

Last edited by DEDOS; 09-04-2009 at 01:59 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #5945
booie4 
space
space
$4,874 | Props total: 586 586
It's Gameday fellas. Let's get this s**t done
 7 years ago '05        #5946
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,667 | Props total: 3778 3778
propz on that recruits prediction article...i wanted to see something like that even though all these n*ggaz are Miami recruits cept CJ and Gio

CJ knows FASTEST FSU DEFENSE EVER...A D THAT PRODUCED PRIMETIME AND DBROOKS

can't wait to break those Miami recruits hearts

Last edited by Junior G; 09-07-2009 at 09:42 AM..
 7 years ago '05        #5947
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,667 | Props total: 3778 3778
Corey Brown has you n*ggaz leadin right now...and he bein real about who gon win...
 7 years ago '06        #5948
YERCELL 
space
space
$3,970 | Props total: 0 0
It finally just hit me that Miami's finally back on the field tonight. :applause:
 7 years ago '04        #5949
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
Wow!

Canes Beat FSU 38-34!
Sep. 7, 2009

By: Christopher Stock

The two teams met before the game for a pregame handshake.
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Jacory Harris threw for a career-best 386 yards and two touchdowns as Miami defeated No. 18 Florida State 38-34 in thrilling fashion.

With just over a minute left in the game, the Seminoles trailed 38-34 and faced a 3rd-and-3 from the Miami 42, but Christian Ponder, who had -5 yards rushing at the time, reeled off a 30-yard run down to the 12. Ponder then completed an 8-yard pass to Caz Piurowski.

After a 1-yard loss by Ponder, Jarmon Forston drew a pass interference penalty on Brandon Harris in the endzone giving the Seminoles a 1st-and-goal from the 2 with 17 seconds left. Ponder threw three straight incompletions from the 2 including a pass that narrowly hit the ground intented to Forston as time expired.

It was the most yards by a UM quarterback in their first start against the Seminoles and the most since Ken Dorsey threw for 422 yards against West Virginia in 2002. Harris' mark was the 10th most in school history as he completed 21-of-34 passes with two interceptions.

Miami's Travis Benjamin caught four passes for a career-high 128 yards with one score and Leonard Hankerson caught four passes for a career-best 72 yards.

Florida State's Dustin Hopkins connected on a 45-yard field goal with 4:11 left to give the Seminoles a 34-31 edge.

Miami responded with a touchdown drive as Craig Cooper had a 3-yard touchdown run with 1:53 left for the go-ahead score. The touchdown was set up by Jacory Harris who found Travis Benjamin near the sideline in double coverage, but placed the ball perfectly for a 40-yard gain.

Ponder completed 24-of-31 passes for a career-high 294 yards.

Miami took a 7-0 lead on the first drive of the game as Harris hooked up with Benjamin for a 39-yard touchdown pass as Benjamin used his speed to get by the defense.

Florida State responded with a touchdown of their own--a 10-yard connection from Christian Ponder to Caz Piurowski. The drive was kept alive by a 3rd-and-23 conversion from Ponder to Bert Reed for 34 yards over the middle beating Sam Shields and JoJo Nicolas on the play.
 7 years ago '04        #5950
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,792 | Props total: 1398 1398
yo my heart was beating so fast, i thought i was gonna die.....and then i wasnt sure what happened on the last pass...
 7 years ago '04        #5951
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
we did it yall:applause:

next up G-Tech:guns13:
 7 years ago '07        #5952
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
 C.R.I.P. said:
yo my heart was beating so fast, i thought i was gonna die.....and then i wasnt sure what happened on the last pass...
Same here, that last drive had me winded
 7 years ago '04        #5953
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
my blood pressure cant take this the whole year

our D really needs to step up... d-line had no consistant pass rush (i know we had alot of players injured). Bailey looked good at times. LB besides mc carthy played like s**t. Y is sharpton starting or for that fact even playing. DB's y the f**k where they so off at the beginning of the game.. Randy phillips, is lucky this isnt the NFL cuz he would have been cut a long time ago

OUr O looks real potent. Whipple got dem boys ready. O-line needs to learn how to pick up a blitz tho, s**ts unexcusable..

awwww f**k it we won

but gt is gonna run all over us again if we aint ready again
 7 years ago '06        #5954
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,597 | Props total: 12031 12031
Our D Line had no pressure whats so ever on the QB

on a better note

@ marve @ nix

jacory heisman harris almost threw for 400 yards in his 1st full game

did you seee the plays and formations whipple was runnin

LETS GET IT!!!!!

whats up with AJ is he injured?
 7 years ago '04        #5955
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,792 | Props total: 1398 1398
 P. Dedos said:

on a better note

@ marve @ nix

LETS GET IT!!!!!

i think he busted his balls
 7 years ago '04        #5956
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
y didnt we use our height on thta goaline stand by fsu

a bunch of tall receivers and we couldnt throw a f**king fade to one of them?
 7 years ago '04        #5957
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
i think AJ pulled his groin. it looked painful but he did walk off.
 7 years ago '04        #5958
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 P. Dedos said:

on a better note

@ marve @ nix

LETS GET IT!!!!!

nix shouldve k!lled himself 2 years ago. marve will never be heard from again.

losing moncur and ojomo hurt, it was evident as the d-line was getting tired. vernon is gonna be a monster tho, i can tell.
 7 years ago '07        #5959
KingOnSlaught 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,219 | Props total: 7 7
after recovering from a headache from last night LMAO!!!!!!!!!! YEEEEEAHHH ITS ALL ABOUT DA UUUUUUUUUUUUU
 7 years ago '04        #5960
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
 madness said:
nix shouldve k!lled himself 2 years ago. marve will never be heard from again.

losing moncur and ojomo hurt, it was evident as the d-line was getting tired. vernon is gonna be a monster tho, i can tell.
yeah dawg but the FSU o-line couldn't hold Allen Bailey more, could they?

Allen Bailey was being held ALL GAME LONG

Marcus Robinson was held in that sack he had

Marcus Forston was being doubled team all night as well.

Yo but Allen Bailey was manhandling that RT when they was going against one on one. that dude is packing some power :wow:
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Single Mothers Infographic
230 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside South African Snowbunny Fitness Trainer(Lawd Have Mercy!!)
85 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This website shows how frighteningly quick the internet knows everythi..
8 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside FAST & FURIOUS 8 Trailer Teaser (2017) (Like the announcement for the a..
43 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Best Buy Buy 2 Get 1 Free 12/4/16-12/10/16
51 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - The People's Cabinet?...Trump's administration for millionaire..
122 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Brother acts like little sister is invisible & she believes him
73 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside GTA Online: Import/Export coming December
45 comments
1 day ago