Video inside The right way to heat up PIZZA!! Changed my life
105 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Kim Kardashian Allegedly Wants A Divorce From Kanye West
116 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
67 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #5861
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,667 | Props total: 12179 12179
Two Miami Hurricanes quarterbacks to transfer schools

In a double whammy for the University of Miami Hurricanes football team, two of its four quarterbacks are transferring.

Taylor Cook told The Miami Herald Tuesday morning he is leaving the Hurricanes.

Cannon Smith's father, Fred Smith, also told The Miami Herald Tuesday morning his son has received his release from UM, is packing his bags, and will soon be back home in Memphis to find another school at which to play.

The new UM backup quarterback: true freshman A.J. Highsmith, the son of former UM great Alonzo Highsmith.

``Yes, Ma'am, it's true,'' said 6-7, 235-pound redshirt freshman Taylor Cook, who was named the backup to Jacory Harris after spring football. UM coach Randy Shannon told reporters Monday, however, that all three backups were still battling for the No. 2 spot.

Cook is from the tiny farming town of Eagle Lake, Texas.

``I'm just going back home to play some football,'' Cook told The Miami Herald. ``If I go to a Division I-AA school, I can play right away. If I go to another Division IA school, I have to sit out another two semesters.

``Yes, I got my release. I made a decision and I'm sticking with it.''

Cannon Smith's father is the founder of FedEx. He also confirmed that Cannon received a medical redshirt for last season for a stress fracture in his leg, and is now classified as a redshirt freshman.
]

taylor cook is a f**king pus*y
 7 years ago '06        #5862
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
 Cap Peeler said:
linebacker, and the ACC certainly has a few of those worth looking at.

Here are the other conference players who were recognized:

* Bruce Carter, UNC
* Kavell Conner, Clemson
* Daryl Sharpton, Miami
* Sean Spence, Miami

* Quan Sturdivant, UNC
* Dekoda Watson, FSU
plus add McCarthy

then add the depth of Cookie Buchannon, Arthur Brown, and jordan Futch :wow: :wow:

the ACC is f**ked
 7 years ago '04        #5863
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,795 | Props total: 1400 1400
thats f**king crazy.

i mean unless Jacory gets hurt it doesnt change the number of games we will win but the fact that we only have backup QB is crazy.
 7 years ago '05        #5864
Chuck_Remixed 144 heat pts144
space
space
$15,794 | Props total: 395 395
 Junior G said:
they gettin off that trainwreck propz to them n*ggaz.....They are just ahead of the curve. Miami starts 0-4/1-3, team quits on Shannon and they replace him before January 1.

Last edited by Chuck_Remixed; 08-25-2009 at 01:15 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #5865
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
cannon smith wasnt gonna play anyway

but damn cook, you coulda gotten some playing time against FSU when we were up by 30

lets just hope jacory doesnt get hurt:sick:

on the bright side, this opens up 2 more schollys:applause:
 7 years ago '04        #5866
booie4 
space
space
$4,878 | Props total: 594 594
damn wake up and see maybe Smith is transferring, go play ball for a couple hours and both back-ups are leaving smh
 7 years ago '05        #5867
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
good riddance....has their ever been a time where someone transferred and excelled elsewhere...cuz i dont think so

btw tf happend to the miami/fsu thread we had on bxsportscenter....i was bored at work and went through like 30 pages and couldnt find it...it couldnt be that much furthur could it / or was it deleted?

Last edited by Deeangoe; 08-25-2009 at 04:10 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #5868
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
i dont know wat happened to the thread

but smith and cook were caca.....they would have played against famu tho
 7 years ago '04        #5869
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
i just bumped the game thread
 7 years ago '05        #5870
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 madness said:
i just bumped the game thread
good lookin
 7 years ago '04        #5871
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
 Junior G said:
they gettin off that trainwreck propz to them n*ggaz.....They are just ahead of the curve. Miami starts 0-4/1-3, team quits on Shannon and they replace him before January 1.
Like the future looks brighly bright with jimbo fisher as your next coach.

Smith wasn't gonna get any play time here, so i really don't care if he left.

But Cook? this n*gga knew he couldn't step up to Jacory's level in the next 3 year so he decided to bolt.

That tells you right there we have a FRANCHISE quarterback for the next 3 years fellas !!!!!!!!!!

This football dynasty was built upon the principles of hard work and competition. Obviously, neither of these two cats had that. Maryland, Sapp, and other greats always said that a starter could lose his spot if he took a water break. Heck, Reggie Wayne got benched for Santana Moss after he got injured for a couple of games and never came back after that to be the #1 WR on the team.

Let's get Bridgewater and supposedly Godfrey already committed to us.

Last edited by Cap Peeler; 08-25-2009 at 10:01 PM..
 7 years ago '06        #5872
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
"I have appreciated the efforts and attitude of both young men while here at the University of Miami," UM head coach Randy Shannon said. "I respect their decisions and wish them success both as students and on the football field."
Taylor Cook Statement:
It was a hard decision for me to leave the program. I enjoyed my time at Miami, and I'm going to miss it. I feel bad leaving my teammates, but it's a move I had to make. I have the utmost respect for Coach Shannon and Coach [Mark] Whipple, and I wish them the best of the luck. I've just decided to focus on football somewhere else.

Cannon Smith Statement:
I'm very thankful for the opportunity to have been a part of this program. I am so grateful to Coach Shannon for giving me the opportunity to have been part of this team. Everything here was handled with a lot of class. I got to compete and that's what I wanted. The hardest thing is going to be leaving my teammates. I love all those guys, and I'm going to miss them all. I'll definitely be rooting for them. After evaluating everything, I felt I had to do what was in my best interest.

these comments make these muthaf**kas look like the writing was on the wall....

they saw that they didnt have a chance against jacory and AJ HighSmith was getting more reps with the 2nd team

f**k outttta heaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

THANKS FOR THE TWO SCHOLLY's

taylor cook should transfer to a D1 school tho... he could be a beast
 7 years ago '05        #5873
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
so i was out drinking at the grove tonight....hit up tavern and who do i see the motherf**king o line getting drunk...gotdamn some of those mothaf**kers cant hold their alcohol lol...

lets see..i saw orlando franklin, jason fox, joel figueroa from who i recognized i saw some other dudes too but didnt recognized them...some of them mighta been walkons

Last edited by Deeangoe; 08-26-2009 at 03:12 AM..
 7 years ago '07        #5874
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 466 466
smh n*ggas dumb
 7 years ago '04        #5875
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
i used to see calais campbell out at the grove all the time with his girl, somes.lutty looking spanish chick
 7 years ago '05        #5876
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 madness said:
i used to see calais campbell out at the grove all the time with his girl, somes.lutty looking spanish chick
i saw calais campbell at moes once, it was 2 yrs ago when they playes tamu thursday night...he was in one of the booths and asked me to get outta the way i didnt know who he was till i saw him standing over me....lol and yea i know thes.lutty chick you talking about cuz i was actually checking her out and was gonna actually approach her til i noticed she was with dude, i prolly saved myself an a.sswhooping...chick was small as hell and looked like a midget standing next to dude.

but yea i guess i know why they were out...no practice today...atleeast their not like the baseball team...i swear to god i would hit up grove thurs nights religiously and my boy who was on the team - dude would be there getting drunk every time with a bunch of other baseball players...these dues would be playing beer pong with f**king moose juice which is crazy a.ss f**k lol

Last edited by Deeangoe; 08-26-2009 at 03:35 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #5877
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
my n*gga fig.... That's my boy right there we played at north Miami together. We used to go to south beach and his big a.ss struggled to fit in my car LOL.... Good times

Last edited by Cap Peeler; 08-26-2009 at 05:26 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #5878
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
A.J. Highsmith is ready for the fall semester.

There are all those nice people at the University of Miami to help the Hurricanes' newest quarterback choose classes. There's Dad, former UM football great Alonzo Highsmith, to help him traverse the football part. There's Mom, fellow UM graduate Denise Highsmith, to help him traverse everything else.

And there's ``Mamoo,'' grandmother Yvonne Chong, who has worked in the UM bookstore for 28 years and has three children with UM degrees.

Her job, besides the bookkeeping one: to be grandma.

``I got A.J. a UM comforter for his dorm room,'' Chong said. ``It's green and has a big green-and-orange U. It came with fitted and flat sheets, and a sham. He was happy. He wants it on his bed.''

To say, as A.J. Highsmith acknowledged this week, that he was ``born into'' his proudest role -- being a Hurricane -- is like saying the Hurricanes yearn for a sixth national title. Alonzo Sr., a Green Bay Packers scout who played fullback for the Canes from 1983 through 1986, said he pushed his only son to check out schools such as Texas A&M and Oklahoma State because he knew A.J. would be crushed if the Hurricanes didn't want him.

They wanted him.

A.J., short for Alonzo Junior (his middle name is Paul, after the father of former UM baseball a.ssistant coach Gino DiMare), is a 6-0, 195-pound dual-threat quarterback rated as the 24th-best high school quarterback by ESPN. Scout.com had him at No. 47, and Rivals.com ranked him 87th. As a senior at Hightower High School in Fort Bend, Texas, Highsmith threw for 2,192 yards and 28 touchdowns, with four interceptions. He ran for 360 yards and seven touchdowns in helping lead his team to a 13-1 record and an appearance in the Class 5A state title game.

``I've been waiting for this my whole life,'' Highsmith said. ``I had my mind set from the beginning. I didn't care who was here. I wanted to come to Miami. I knew that it would be a rough job to get to the top, but I'm willing to take the time.''

UM coach Randy Shannon called Highsmith ``a better athlete'' than his father. He said he has no intention of moving Highsmith to safety, a position he played sparingly four years ago. ``When you recruit a quarterback, you look at how he carries a football team . . . the maturity factor, and you go on how smart he was,'' Shannon said. ``You watch him as he was growing up. I have. The guy knows how to win.''

Proud papa, a 6-1, 230-pound bruiser who played six seasons in the NFL, agreed: ``I was just a bull in a china shop. He's a thinker.''

Offensive coordinator Mark Whipple said he's excited to have Highsmith, now behind starter Jacory Harris and backups Taylor Cook and Cannon Smith. ``He's a good athlete,'' Whipple said. ``We're just throwing the whole playbook at him right now, and he's doing a really good job.

``He has really good leadership skills. I love the way he works, and I think that all comes back to his parents.''

Alonzo Sr., 44, met Denise at UM. He graduated from Miami Columbus High. She graduated from Miami k!llian. The way his folks describe it, A.J. was born in 1991 wearing UM gear. In one photo at six months, he's wearing a UM cap, orange UM shorts and a T-shirt that reads, ``I'm tough Enough To Be a Hurricane.''

Highsmith grew up in Missouri City, just outside of Houston. His bedroom in Texas is marked by a replica street sign, ``Miami Hurricane Alley.'' A replica jersey of late former UM safety Sean Taylor hangs in his bedroom. He got to know and work out with Taylor, Andre Johnson, Clinton Portis, Ed Reed and other Canes when he moved to Miami with his mother and sister, Jordan, from August 2002 until December 2003. Denise's father was gravely ill, and the three of them came to help take care of him while Alonzo Sr. stayed home to work.

Highsmith became close friends with the son of former UM receivers coach Curtis Johnson, and UM's receivers would come to their Pop Warner games at the Kendall Boys and Girls Club.

``This whole experience has been so exciting for my family,'' said Denise, who brought 15-year-old sister Jordan -- she calls A.J. her best friend -- to visit him before they both start school again.

Alonzo Sr. said he ``knew deep in his heart that Miami was the only school A.J. ever wanted to attend,'' and that he's happy and relieved he realized his dream.

Cornerback Ryan Hill sees that happiness reflected every day. Highsmith sits next to him in the locker room.

``Great kid. He's always smiling,'' Hill said. ``I'll ask him, `What are you smiling for?' He says, `I don't know.' He loves it here, and he's just soaking it in right now.''

Hill said the two talked earlier this week about A.J. having so many players ahead of him on the depth chart. ``He said it's motivation for him,'' Hill said. ``Some guys at other universities may say, `OK, the coaches don't like me because they're making me go longer, they're making me go harder.' He knows they're trying to make you better.''

Highsmith wears No. 19, the number he was a.ssigned. Alonzo Sr. wore No. 30, which belongs to fullback Patrick Hill.

He said Harris is helping him ``with pretty much everything -- the run steps, play pass, progressions, reads, he just keeps on top of me and explains little things to me during meetings. He's like an older brother.''

His dad's best advice? ``Have fun,'' he said. ``It gets draining at times.''

Highsmith said he relishes the bond that UM players share. ``When you come here, you understand the love and passion everybody has for the game,'' he said. ``It's a team thing. I didn't expect to come here and just move guys out of the way. I mean, you have to compete. I have no problem with starting from the bottom and working my way up. I'm just going to work hard and keep doing what I've been doing.''
 7 years ago '04        #5879
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
QB Morris Reacts to Transfers
Aug. 26, 2009

By: Nate Adelson

Stephen Morris
It wasn’t even a month ago that Monsignor Pace quarterback Stephen Morris decided to put a cap on his recruitment and commit to the hometown Hurricanes.

The people surrounding Morris (6-2, 195) keep him up to date on the latest news, as his phone was blowing up all day with people telling him that two quarterbacks just decided to part ways with Miami.

“I actually found out today after school,” Morris laughed. “I was in class and everyone was texting me and calling me to ask me what was happening with Miami. I told them I didn’t know what was going on and I asked them what they were talking about. Finally, I talked to a couple of my coaches and they said two guys transferred out.”

Morris was initially excited when he heard the news, but then he reminded himself why he committed to Miami in the first place.

“At first, I thought spots were going to be wide open and I was kind of happy,” Morris said. “Then I thought about the long run, and it means that Miami might or might not be recruiting other people at the position. At the same time, I realized I have to handle my end anyway and competition is something that you have to have.”

Morris went on to explained that today’s news has no real effect on his commitment because he made his decision when Miami already had four quarterbacks in the fold.

“I’m still good with everything because I made that decision with those two quarterbacks already in place,” Morris said. “I had my mind made up that I was going to compete for the job and learn from Jacory. I think this happened probably for the better for me because I’m only competing with two other guys instead of three or four.”

Morris isn’t really worried about the recent defections at quarterback but he understands why they did make their decision to leave.

“I talked to a couple coaches and they were just saying it was their choice and they weren’t really getting time in,” Morris said. “Every football player wants to play and if you don’t have that chance, then thoughts go through your head about transferring. That’s not just at Miami, that’s every football player everywhere and that doesn’t effect me at all.”

Morris has heard all about the offense from Coach Whipple, and now he just wants to see everything in action on the field in 2009.

“I want to see how their offense is rolling really,” Morris said. “I talk to Coach Whipple a lot and he tells me they’re having great practices, but he doesn’t lie to me because he said the defense gets up in them sometimes. He’s been saying the offense is looking pretty good and I want to see them play to the best of their abilities. I’ll get a look at everything with Jacory and then even with AJ as the backup.”

Morris had a chance in the spring to sit in on a meeting between Coach Whipple and current starter Jacory Harris.

“I watched film with Coach Whipple and Jacory in the spring and we were all talking things over,” Morris said. “Coach Whipple and him were discussing the offense and he looked like he understood what the coaches wanted him to do. Coach Whipple is a great coach and with great coaching, you’re going to have great players.”

At the moment, Morris is focused on his senior year as the Spartans take on Cypress Bay in a kickoff classic matchup this Thursday.

“I’m just trying to get my team to state and then win it,” Morris. “It hurt getting so far last year and then getting absolutely nothing for doing it. Our team needs to go to the next level to get a ring for all the seniors and juniors who didn’t get one last year. I want to be the best leader I can possibly be and live up to my potential at quarterback.”

Morris would love to graduate early to enroll at Miami in January, but it’s just something that is not allowed at Monsignor Pace.

“You know what, I really do wish I could do that but Pace doesn’t allow you to do that,” Morris said. “Pace has never allowed student athletes to do that because there are certain classes that you are required to take at Pace. I think they do that on purpose so everybody stays until the end so I wish I could but I can’t. In the spring, I’ll be attending almost every team meeting and I’ll be watching practices. Of course I won’t be able to participate yet, but I’ll be able to be there every day, understand things, and talk to the coaches.”
 7 years ago '06        #5880
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
this kid morris is a certified G and a true hurricane born and raised

that attitude is what we need

you can tell miami kids from these other fools

Last edited by DEDOS; 08-26-2009 at 09:20 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX, Riddle me this .....
208 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX who the fu-k is this!!!!?
63 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Dak & Zeke Partying in Dallas Nightclub on Monday Night
66 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Busted On Social Media
88 comments
1 day ago