Image(s) inside There's no need for us to rush it through, ohhh
7 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
She's making it clap, just for Boxden
61 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Not even a fan of Rihanna but....
58 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Denzel Washington: Don't blame the prison system, 'It starts at the ho..
271 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #5841
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Shannon Reaction: The Day After UVA
Nov. 8, 2009

By: David Lake

Randy Shannon
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Miami had their most impressive win of the second half of the season with a 52-17 win over Virginia.

The UM defense limited Virginia to just 149 yards of total offense while Graig Cooper led the offense with a career high 151 yards rushing.

After watching film of the game, Coach Randy Shannon met with the media Sunday morning to discuss the game against Virginia.

News & Notes

• The defense had their best performance of the season, Shannon said. Miami limited Virginia to 149 yards of total offense. “I thought that was the best game on season we have played on defense. To go out and hold them to under 150 yards of offense, they were 2-for-12 on third down and as a total group of running and chasing the football, it was unbelievable.”

• Virginia blocked two punts against Miami and Shannon said it was a problem where it was a miscommuncation between the blockers. Shannon said punter Matt Bosher is getting rid of the ball in enough time. “It is the same rush we have been seeing all year long and it is a different guy every time,” Shannon said. “We have to coach them up to get them to do it and our coaches have to do a better job of making them understand what we need to get done. That will be a big point for us this week because North Carolina has a very good punt block special teams.”

• Miami has never won a road game at UNC in the history of the program. 2007 and 2004 were the last trips Miami made to North Carolina and Miami lost by a combined nine points. “I don’t think we have ever beat them there,” Shannon said. “That is something they will understand and we will address it as a team.”

• Miami defensive coordinator John Lovett was a defensive a.ssistant at North Carolina last year. Shannon said the only advantage UM can get out of Lovett going into this week’s game is that he knows UNC’s personnel. “Usually when somebody leaves your staff you change the terminology right away,” Shannon said. “The only thing you can get is personnel. The other things will change.”

• Thearon Collier‘s 60-yard punt return for a touchdown against Virginia came during a punt block situation. “There are some punt block situations where we will say ok we have a punt block and then wall right and in that particular time it was punt block wall right,” Shannon said. “When he came there was pick off blocks and we make sure to tell the guys to get behind the blocks and that is when they get leverage.”

• Shannon thought the changed practice time this week helped the team enter the Virginia game more fresh. “On Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, we are basically not in pads. That is two days instead of three. Then we back off on Thursday and Friday. Mentally, your a.ssignments are your a.ssignments. You have to execute. I think if you keep them fresh now it will get a lot better. It makes a difference this time of the season.”

• Running back Graig Cooper ran for a career high 151 yards and one touchdown against Virginia. “Cooper hasn’t been healthy the last two weeks,” Shannon said. “If he is healthy, then Cooper is going to do a great job.” Shannon said Cooper will likely be the player of the game.

• Safety Jared Campbell finished the game with four tackles and three pass beakups. Shannon said he is pleased with the way Campbell is playing this year. “Jared is doing a nice job,” Shannon said. “He is playing hard and playing well and executing what we need to get done. I am proud of him because he has come a long ways and he is working hard. He has been a very valuable a.sset to the defense.”

• Shannon on freshman cornerback Brandon McGee: “He played a lot in the first half and did well. If they don’t catch a ball on him that means he does well.”

• Shannon on the personal foul call Virginia was called for when Jacory was tackled by his helmet. “You can’t grab from the back or the ear or anywhere like that,” Shannon said. “It is a new rule. All they saw was the helmet came off. That is the thing with officiating and it was a deal where they could review it.”

• Miami sustained no injuries from the Virginia game. “There are no injuries or anything for the first time,” Shannon said.
 8 years ago '04        #5842
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
CB Payne Commits to UM
Nov. 7, 2009

By: Nate Adelson

Keion Payne
St. Thomas Aquinas cornerback Keion Payne has verbally committed to the University of Miami.

Payne (5-11, 152, 4.55) has six tackles, one interception, one fumble recovery, and one pass breakup this season for the nation's number one ranked team.

Payne picked Miami over Florida State, Tennessee, Ohio State, and Florida, and let Cane coaches know he was ready to go public when they visited him at school on Friday.

“I committed yesterday before our game when their coaches came to the school,” Payne said. “I had been ready to commit all along but I just wanted to put it out there.”

The biggest attraction to Miami for Payne was how he felt the entire coaching staff would be able to help him over the next four years.

“It was really just how they play and the coaching staff,” Payne said. “I feel like they can get me where I want to be in the next four years, both with my personal life and on the field.”

Payne added that the recruiting process is now over for him, and he’ll now turn his focus towards convincing teammates Brandon Linder and Jermaine Barton to join the 2010 Miami recruiting class.

Payne was also in attendance for Miami’s 52-17 win over Virginia, and he added some quick comments about the game.

“Yeah it was a good game, Miami pretty much put it on them in every aspect of the game,” Payne said. “I think a lot of people thought it was going to rain so there were some fans there.”

Payne will be arriving at Miami in the summer as St. Thomas Aquinas does not allow early graduation, and he’s unsure of when he’ll take his official visit to Miami.

Payne is Miami's sixth cornerback who has verbally committed and the 24th player in the class, which has seen four commitments in the past week.

As a junior at Dillard, he had 33 tackles and four interceptions.
 8 years ago '05        #5843
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,043 | Props total: 639 639
AL DIAZ / MIAMI HERALD STAFF
University of Miami wide receiver Thearon Collier returns a punt 60 yards for a touchdown in the first quarter against Virginia on Saturday, Nov. 7 2009 at Land Shark Stadium in Miami Gardens.
University of Miami sophomore Thearon Tyrone Collier III said his mother, Tranise, ``broke down and cried'' when she watched him return a punt 60 yards for a touchdown Saturday.

His father never got the chance.

``My father was k!lled when my mom was pregnant with me so I never had the opportunity to meet him,'' said Collier, who turned 19 in June and is a year older than his father was when he was shot to death Dec. 14, 1989.

The tragic story was documented in The Miami Herald.

``Thearon Tyrone Collier and his friend Fred Brown looked so much alike it was uncanny,'' the story began. ``For Collier, the resemblance was fatal. . . . Someone gunning for Brown fired a .45-caliber slug into the 18-year-old Collier's chest.

``No doubt about it, he was an innocent victim,'' the homicide detective said. ``Collier was a good kid.''

Collier's mother was 15 and three months pregnant at the time. Collier's father, who graduated from Miami Beach Senior High and was a wide receiver there, was raised by his grandmother. He was scheduled to enter the army the next day so he could earn money to go to college.

A TIGHT BOND Tranise Harris is a single mother and school-bus driver for Miami-Dade County. She also is her son's hero. She can't afford to travel to road games, but she'll be planted in front of the TV with her three younger children when Collier returns punts and catches passes for 12th-ranked UM (7-2, 4-2 Atlantic Coast Conference) on Saturday at North Carolina (6-3, 2-3).

``She's very supportive,'' Collier said. ``I talk to her every night before I go to bed and before and after every game. She's my mother. She's my father. She's my pride and joy. I love her to death.''

Collier, according to teammates and UM coach Randy Shannon, is quiet, humble, respectful and so shy that it took him a while to be able to pass Shannon without avoiding eye contact.

``Everytime I'd see Coach Shannon in the hallway I'd drop my head down,'' Collier said. ``He'd say, `Put your head up.' I came into his office a couple times but I was scared because I'm not used to opening up. Since then, I've tried to sit with different guys and start conversations. I've made a lot of friends. We're a team, a family -- I just can't be around Davon Johnson and Brandon Harris all the time.''

Johnson and Harris played with Collier at Miami Booker T. Washington, where Collier was described as a big-play threat and compared with former Hurricanes Roscoe Parrish and Devin Hester. As a senior in 2007, he had 711 receiving yards and seven touchdowns. He also was an All-State returner, returning six punts for touchdowns. He chose Miami over Auburn, Florida and South Florida.

A slot receiver, Collier played in 12 games as a freshman and was the second-leading receiver with 324 yards and two touchdowns. His only missed game came after he bruised his ribs and was taken to UM's Ryder Trauma Center during the UNC loss. He has 201 yards on 12 catches in nine games, and has returned nine punts for 138 yards and two touchdowns.

Collier's dazzling 60-yard return was No. 2 on ESPN SportsCenter's top-10 plays of the day. He evaded seven defenders and was aided by magnificent blocks from Ramon Buchanan, Colin McCarthy and Chavez Grant. He became the first Hurricane with multiple punt returns for touchdowns in a season since Hester had three and Parish had two in 2004.

He also had a clutch 18-yard catch on third down to extend UM's winning drive at Wake Forest, where he came down with one foot in bounds.

``I only stand 5-9, Ma'am,'' he said. ``The defender was 6-1. I saw the jump ball in the air and the only thing in my mind was `I gotta come down with the catch -- toe-tap sideline drill.' Big-time players step up in big-time games.''

`A GREAT YOUNG MAN' Collier's mother lives in Overtown and works two jobs. She sometimes shows her son the only picture she has of his father: a worn prom shot from 1989. He's in a white tuxedo with a pink bow tie. She's in a pink dress.

``He's a very quiet kid and his dad was the same way,'' Tranise Harris said. ``He would have been proud of his son.''

Collier, whose father had a close-cropped, low-fade haircut, has dreadlocks. He's stockier than his dad, but said he lost 12 pounds to get to 186 so he could use his quickness and agility -- he's not super fast -- more to his advantage. He'd like to get to the NFL, ``but everybody can't,'' he said. ``Whatever God has planned for me I'll accept.''

Tranise's greatest day will be when her son, in the sports administration program, earns his degree.

``He's the only kid in my family to see something positive like this in life and go to college,'' she said. ``Everybody I meet says, `Miss Harris, you have a great young man.' ''
 8 years ago '07        #5844
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,509 | Props total: 1133 1133
Collier>>

i been said he should be the punt returner. I like TB3 but all that dancing before taking a step forward pisses me off wit any returner.
 8 years ago '04        #5845
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,840 | Props total: 4115 4115

[pic - click to view]

i dont like em..then again im not a fan of white socks
 11-10-2009, 11:41 AM         #5846
The Lefty  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I wanna see the alt views of it..
 8 years ago '05        #5847
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
white shoes, no U on the helmet :angry12:
 8 years ago '05        #5848
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$53,944 | Props total: 6810 6810
some clown named Allen Hurns commited.....never heard of him
 8 years ago '07        #5849
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
i need to see alt views also

the number thing is kinda cool

but we got some good colors to mess with and thats all they can come up with
 8 years ago '04        #5850
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
 Junior G said:
some clown named Allen Hurns commited.....never heard of him
WR from Carol City :dancingcool:

In the meantime, some clown who for real, nobody in the world hasn't heard of is still deciding between Georgia Southern and Florida State ....

ouch :greetings10:

Last edited by Cap Peeler; 11-10-2009 at 11:08 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #5851
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
 8 years ago '05        #5852
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
 Cap Peeler said:
WR from Carol City :dancingcool:

In the meantime, some clown who for real, nobody in the world hasn't heard of is still deciding between Georgia Southern and Florida State ....

ouch :greetings10:
stop making things up.......show me an article or somethin
 11-11-2009, 07:52 AM         #5853
Dchis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
do any1 got news on safety dietrich riley who wants to visit miami
 8 years ago '05        #5854
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
the only reason Erving isn't ranked is because he didn't send film to rivals so they havent seen him play....he's one of the best linemen in the country

and keep laughin b**ch, we gonna see who has a better class when our new dc comes in
 8 years ago '05        #5855
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
bobby also thinks he's gonna be back next year........that old man dont know s**t
 11-11-2009, 12:03 PM         #5856
Dchis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
does ne1 have newz on dietrich riley??? herd him n joshua shaw r good pals..he wants to visit UM also...
 8 years ago '05        #5857
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 Dchis said:
does ne1 have newz on dietrich riley??? herd him n joshua shaw r good pals..he wants to visit UM also...

if no ones replied yet..prolly cuz noones heard ne thing
 8 years ago '05        #5858
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
Jacory Harris has spread the wealth to his receivers this season, and his many options could play a big role Saturday against UNC's stingy pass defense.

Most quarterbacks have one, two, maybe three favorites they look to when the sure thing is imperative.

Maybe it's the long, lean receiver with the graceful stride. Maybe it's the little hyper guy who makes opponents miss. Or maybe it's the big, physical type who outleaps and outmuscles the competition.

Jacory Harris has them all -- and more.

Thirteen University of Miami players caught passes Saturday against Virginia.

Seventeen Hurricanes have caught at least one.

Ten have at least eight.

Coach Randy Shannon said he would shorten the wide receiver rotation this season. But he never said he would reduce the total bunch at various positions.

Even recruit Allen Hurns, a 6-3, 180-pound Carol City High receiver who committed to UM on Monday night, said he was lured by the sheer number of receivers in the mix.

``It's amazing, but it comes as no surprise,'' UM cornerback Brandon Harris said when he learned 13 players caught passes Saturday. ``They have been giving us problems since we stepped on campus. They're a bunch of great guys and they complement each other well. Nobody is selfish in that group. Everybody is happy when the next guy makes a play.''

Shannon praised Harris for his varied tastes.

``It's a situation where the more you can diversify your offense, the better off you'll be,'' Shannon said Tuesday. ``Just a good job by Jacory of spreading the ball around. He's giving them opportunities. He's starting to get in the groove.

``Two weeks ago, he threw one ball away. This week, he threw three or four away, not taking sacks. It means you can't roll the coverage to one guy or double one guy because you leave another guy isolated.''

It all could come in handy when No. 12 Miami (7-2, 4-2 Atlantic Coast Conference) plays at North Carolina (6-3, 2-3) on Saturday. The Tar Heels have the nation's fifth-ranked pass defense. Miami has the 28th-ranked passing offense.

Junior Leonard Hankerson, the veteran of the group, leads the team with 27 catches for 517 yards and four touchdowns. Travis Benjamin has 23 catches for 428 yards and four touchdowns and LaRon Byrd has 24 catches for 342 yards and a touchdown.

``We have many playmakers on this team who play hard,'' Hankerson said, ``and everybody has different styles.''

Slot receiver Thearon Collier said that he and Benjamin, both considered small, ``are apples and oranges. I run the 40 in 4.5 flat. Travis Benjamin is a speedster. I'm very quick -- and shifty.''

Tight ends Dedrick Epps, Jimmy Graham and Tervaris Johnson have combined for 28 catches, 338 yards and seven touchdowns. And three running backs have at least eight catches apiece.

``Jacory definitely shares the ball,'' Graham said. ``That's why we've been successful so far. It's a very exciting offense to play for. I feel blessed.''

UM receivers coach Aubrey Hill is hoping the Tar Heels won't know which way to turn when Harris drops back to pass.

``You never know whether it will be a receiver or tight end or running back,'' Hill said. ``We're kind of excited about that. If you try to shut one person down we'll have an opportunity to hit the big plays another way.''
 8 years ago '05        #5859
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
Hurricanes’ DeMarcus Van Dyke ignoring personal history with Tar Heels

by Jorge Milian

DeMarcus Van Dyke politely avoided talking much about last year’s game against North Carolina when I asked him about it on Tuesday afternoon.

“That’s in the past,” said Van Dyke, the Hurricanes’ junior cornerback. “I got to move forward.”

You can’t blame Van Dyke for wanting to forget. In last season’s 28-24 loss to the Tar Heels, Van Dyke allowed UNC receiver Brooks Foster to catch a 14-yard touchdown pass in the corner of the end zone with 46 seconds to play.

Speaking after the game, UM coach Randy Shannon said about Van Dyke: “We talked before we got on the field that, ‘This is what we want you to do. The young guy went out there and blew the coverage again.”

UM and Carolina will face off again on Saturday in Chapel Hill, N.C. and Van Dyke, glowing with confidence and considerably beefier, is looking forward to facing the Tar Heels.

“I’m playing like I did in Little League and high school,” said Van Dyke, a graduate of Miami Pace.

Van Dyke isn’t a finished product, but there’s no question that he’s playing the best football of his career this season. He isn’t the liability he was last season in coverage and has gone from 161 pounds last year to 181 pounds this season on his 6-foot-1 frame. That’s made him more of a factor against the run.

“I have that confidence to go up there and put my head there,” Van Dyke said.

Shannon praised Van Dyke’s play when I asked him about it this week.

“He’s coming into this own,” Shannon said. “That comes from maturity.”

Not just physical maturity. Getting beat on a play no longer sends him into a mental funk that he can’t shake.

“Last year, if I gave up a catch or missed a tackle, I’d go into a shell,” said Van Dyke, who has started four games and shares one corner position with Sam Shields. “Now I realize I have to keep going and let that play pass.”

Through nine games, Van Dyke already has career highs in tackles (17) and pass break-ups (3). He registered the first interception of his career against Clemson.

“He’s playing a lot better,” said Brandon Harris, a semi-finalist for the Thorpe Award. “He’s really accepting the coaching, going out and practicing every day, staying late, coming out early. So he’s really putting a lot of time and effort into his performance.”

Van Dyke, a highly-regarded prospect out of high school, said he’s simply “doing what I’m expected to do.”

This week, that means holding up against a North Carolina team that left Van Dyke shaken last year.

“God did it for a reason so I’m glad I went through that last year,” Van Dyke said.
Reply | Quote
 8 years ago '05        #5860
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
Game of the Week

Miami (7-2) at North Carolina (6-3),3:30 EST, ABC, Saturday, November 14

Why to watch: Yeah, North Carolina head coach Butch Davis will be facing his old employer, but that’s no longer the main headline when these programs meet. Instead, this is more about defining the pecking order in a Coastal Division that’s as deep and as talented as it’s ever been. The Tar Heels have gotten off the mat over the last two weekends, upsetting Virginia Tech and derailing Duke to get beyond a dreadful Oct. 22 collapse to Florida State. Finishing strong is the edict for Davis, who’d like his young team to carry some momentum into the postseason and the offseason. Miami still has its sights fixed on a BCS bowl game after destroying Virginia at home, 52-17. Winning the division will require a Georgia Tech loss at Duke earlier in the afternoon, which is improbable. Still, the ‘Canes are sitting at No. 14 in the latest BCS rankings and with three more wins, could be an at-large option.
Why Miami might win: The Hurricane offense is far superior in this game, especially at quarterback, where Jacory Harris holds a wide edge over T.J. Yates. Since nipping Oklahoma on Oct. 3, Miami has scored at least 27 points each game, which is about five more than the futile Heel offense has averaged this fall. Beyond just Harris and his fleet-footed receiving corps, the ‘Canes have also started getting more help from Graig Cooper, Damien Berry, and an improved running game. If they can keep the chains moving, Carolina simply doesn’t have enough firepower or consistency on offense to keep up.
Why North Carolina might win: Yeah, the ‘Canes have been pretty good with the ball, but they’ve met their match in the Carolina D. The Tar Heels lead the ACC in total defense and scoring defense, yielding just 249 yards and 15 points a game, respectively. The unit is so fast and athletic that the Miami skill position players will have a tough time getting out to the edge. The front seven, led by sack-happy DE Robert Quinn and linebackers Quan Sturdivant and Bruce Carter, has had a penchant for completely taking games over. And in the secondary, corners Charles Brown and Kendric Burney are good enough to neutralize ‘Cane receivers Leonard Hankerson and Travis Benjamin.
Who to watch: With Sean Spence out with a knee injury, Miami needs linebackers Colin McCarthy and Darryl Sharpton to really step up and shut down Carolina backs Shaun Draughn and Ryan Houston. The Heels don’t have a prolific ground game, but if Yates is forced into third-and-long situations, the offense has no chance of extending drives or reaching the end zone. McCarthy and Sharpton have been solid this season, but without Spence’s trademark range, the veterans will be asked to cover a much larger swath of grass.
What will happen: Miami has the better offense. North Carolina is tougher on defense. It shapes up as another ACC game that doesn’t get decided until the waning moments. This one will be played tight and close-to-the-vest throughout, which means special teams and turnovers will be more critical than normal. ‘Cane Matt Bosher vs. Heel Casey Barth is a push at placekicker. The clearest advantage for Miami is at quarterback. In one of those last-team-with-the-ball-wins games, Harris will be the difference, guiding his teammates to another edge-of-you-seat win.
CFN Prediction: Miami 23 … North Carolina 16 ... Line: Miami -3.5
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nov 23 - Woman goes missing after posting about upcoming Tinder date
51 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Why she look like she just raped these kids
113 comments
19 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nov 23 - Gangs allowed to prisoners to kill people and have sex with o..
68 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Tekashi69 First show in NYC (Sold Out Venue)
38 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Manute Bol reportedly lied about his age and may have been 50yrs old when ..
63 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
It's the year 1993 & these niggas knew what they were doing. They knew & did i..
59 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Chris Tucker:Ice Cube Mad Cause I Ain’t Wanna Do Friday 2, U Ain't Pay ..
155 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA This the chick that slid in klay Thompson DM
87 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy