Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 7 - Tomi craps on Rosenberg
48 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Christina Milian Shows Damn Near EVERYTHING in a see through fit!!"
73 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He got three girlfriends, could you handle that?
87 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uruguay has been hit by the Instathot nation
22 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #561
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
Private Investigators Say Pata May Have Known k!ller

POSTED: 10:53 am EST January 10, 2007
UPDATED: 10:56 am EST January 10, 2007
Email This Story | Print This Story
It has been two months since University of Miami football player Bryan Pata was shot to death, and no arrests have been made.

Now, private investigators are passing out flyers at Miami nightclubs, hoping to spark someone's memory and get new leads.

Private investigators working for Pata's family told NBC 6's Tom Llamas that they think Pata may have known his k!ller.

They want to know if Pata had any trouble at clubs on South Beach. They said Pata was involved in a f!ght at Club Life before his k!lling.

"We know that Bryan used to frequent establishments around here before his death," private investigator Greg Slate said. "We're expanding our investigation because after reviewing the circumstances, we believe that this might have been a message k!lling."

One of the private investigators working Pata's case, Diop Kamau, is a former police officer.

Kamau said he has developed a theory on Pata's k!lling.

He thinks the k!ller was highly motivated and possibly angry since the murder happened at 7 p.m. outside an apartment complex. He said the k!ller was comfortable with a pistol because Pata was allegedly k!lled by one shot to the back of the head. And, Kamau thinks the person surprised Pata because the shooting happened near Pata's car.

"This is a k!ller who didn't seem to care who saw him," Slate said. "Until we find the k!ller or police arrest someone, we're not closing any options here."

The private investigators are also looking into Pata's financial records, e-mails and his Myspace.com account for potential clues.

Meanwhile, Miami-Dade police will not comment on their investigation of Pata's k!lling.

Anyone with information on the case should call Crime Stoppers at 305-471-TIPS.
 10 years ago '04        #562
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
UM FOOTBALL
Shannon must alter plansBy MANNY NAVARRO

The search to fill the University of Miami's vacant offensive coordinator job will not end with former Arizona State coach Dirk Koetter.

The Jacksonville Jaguars named Koetter their offensive coordinator on Monday. Last week, an ESPN report said Koetter had accepted the same job with the Hurricanes.

UM coach Randy Shannon confirmed Koetter had interviewed with UM last week, but the 47-year old Koetter apparently couldn't pass up his first NFL opportunity.

So, where does that leave the Hurricanes?

Minnesota Vikings quarterbacks coach Kevin Rogers could be the next UM target. Rogers, who left Virginia Tech in 2005 to join the staff in Minnesota, was rumored to be the No. 2 man behind Koetter on Shannon's list of candidates.

He has been unavailable for comment because the Vikings do not allow a.ssistants to speak to the media. Rogers coached Donovan McNabb at Syracuse and ACC Player of the Year Bryan Randall at Virginia Tech, and was the offensive coordinator at Notre Dame from 1999 to 2001.

Two additional possibilities could be Southern California offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin and Trojans a.ssistant coach/quarterbacks coach Steve Sarkisian.

Kiffin, 31, is the son of longtime pro and collegiate coach Monte Kiffin. Lane Kiffin has been the offensive coordinator at USC the past two seasons. UM had interest in Kiffin last year, but he reportedly was not interested in the job.

Sarkisian, 32, has been the a.ssistant head coach at USC since 2005 after a one-year stint as quarterbacks coach for the Oakland Raiders, who interviewed him Monday to return as their head coach.

At USC, Sarkisian is best known for coaching Carson Palmer and Matt Leinart.

Miami Herald sportswriter Barry Jackson contributed to this report.
 01-14-2007, 07:34 PM         #563
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What you know about dem Miami boys
 01-14-2007, 07:36 PM         #564
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
rakim where yo a.ss was at i was lookin for someone to pick on while you were gone
 01-14-2007, 09:09 PM         #565
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
January 12, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Jermaine McKenzie bioVideo highlights

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Bradenton Prep WR Jermaine McKenzie remains solid in his Hurricane commitment.

The former Alabama commitment says he "got a call from a new a.ssistant coach at Alabama, but I didn't entertain his calls.

"Miami is where I'll be signing my letter of intent."

UM will be his only visit -- he's coming next weekend.

And he's coming with a close friend -– quarterback Robert Marve.

Marve is a soft Alabama commitment who is strongly considering the Hurricanes.

"We became friends last summer at Alabama's two-day summer camp," McKenzie said. "Me as a receiver being close to him, I would love to have him at Miami.

"Marve has to do what he has to do. If he would like to come to Miami or if he wants to stay at Alabama, whatever he wants to do that's up to him."

McKenzie said he expects an in-home visit from Cane coaches Randy Shannon and Marquis Mosely this week.

"Coach Mosely texted me, said he can't wait to come on the home visit," McKenzie said.

A little-known fact about McKenzie: He is the county's top scorer with 22 points per game. At 6 foot 3 he plays point guard, and he's also averaging seven a.ssists per game.

"I had people who were interested in me last year for basketball offers, but I told them I don't plan on playing basketball on the next level, that football was my sport," McKenzie said.

CaneSport Magazine publishes 25 times a year, 10 glossy monthly printed issues and 15 online or Gameday Issues for a subscription price of $54.95. An online only subscription or a printed magazine only subscription is $39.95. Call 1-800-635-2263 or visit CaneSportmagazine.com

01-14-2007, 09:10 PM         #566
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
January 12, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
D'Angelo McCray bioVideo highlights

Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Jacksonville (FL) Andrew Jackson DL D'Angelo McCray, rated the nation's No. 4 defensive tackle prospect by Rivals.com, has a simple message for new head coach Randy Shannon: "Call me."

McCray, who has already committed to Florida and Illinois this recruiting season, says he wants to make UM his only visit this month.

"Now I think it's an up-and-coming program with coach (Randy) Shannon taking over," McCray said. "I was hoping to get in touch with him to set up a visit for the last recruiting weekend."

There's a reason McCray wants to visit on Super Bowl weekend and not earlier.

"Because Deonte (Thompson) is going down there then," McCray said. "We played in the All-America game together and are pretty cool."

Is McCray looking for a fun weekend with a buddy or is he for real in his Miami interest?

That's a call Cane coaches will have to make.

McCray was recruited by UM earlier this recruiting season and lists a Miami offer.

He was recruited by Clint Hurtt and Shannon and says he last spoke to them in early December.

Of his impression of Shannon, McCray said, "He's real cool. When I talked to him I go a vibe -- he's a real cool dude."

McCray finished his senior season with nine sacks in seven games. He also had 300 receiving yards and three touchdowns playing tight end.

He missed several games with a torn meniscus.

A 6-foot-4, 289-pounder with 4.6-second speed, McCray says he expects to play defensive end at the next level.

Asked the chances he could actually wind up at Miami on signing day, McCray said, "It depends how they're running the program. I want to see if they have unity and all that."

CaneSport Magazine publishes 25 times a year, 10 glossy monthly printed issues and 15 online or Gameday Issues for a subscription price of $54.95. An online only subscription or a printed magazine only subscription is $39.95. Call 1-800-635-2263 or visit CaneSportmagazine.com

01-14-2007, 09:11 PM         #567
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
January 12, 2007

CaneSport News Wire

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
Five Miami Hurricanes football players have been invited to participate in postseason all-star games this month to compete with and against the nation's top seniors.

Center Anthony Wollschlager will play in North-South All-Star Classic. Defensive end Baraka Atkins and running back Tyrone Moss will play in the East-West Shrine game. And defensive tackle Kareem Brown and safety Brandon Meriweather will play in the Senior Bowl.

Wollschlager will be the first Hurricane to take the field at the inaugural North-South All-Star Classic Saturday in Houston, televised live at 12:00 noon on ESPN2. Wollschlager started 25 consecutive games for Miami, every game his junior and senior seasons.

Atkins and Moss will play in the East-West Shrine Game on January 20 at Reliant Stadium in Houston. Kickoff is at 7:00 p.m. ET and the game will be televised live on ESPN2 with NFL legends Dan Reeves and Don Shula serving as coaches. Atkins started 45 of 49 games played during his four-year career, totaling 18 sacks and 170 tackles. Moss was a four-year letterman, too, finishing his career as Miami> '> s ninth all-time leading rusher with 1,942 yards and 26 touchdowns.

Brown and Meriweather will appear at the Under Armour Senior Bowl, which will be played in Mobile, Ala. on January 27 and televised on the NFL Network. Brown finished the season with a team-leading 11 sacks, after getting 2.5 sacks in the MPC Computers Bowl. He was a second-team All-ACC selection. Meriweather started 31 of 52 games played over his career, with 292 tackles and seven interceptions.
 01-14-2007, 09:12 PM         #568
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
anuary 13, 2007

Related Links:
Joseph Nicolas bioVideo highlights

Homestead High School DB and Rutgers commitment Joseph Nicolas will visit Miami the weekend of Jan. 20.

He says he decided to take the visit with some urging from his family.

"My parents want me to visit -- they would like to see me play (closer to home), but it's my decision," Nicolas said.

Nicolas has already visited Arizona State, Central Florida, Wisconsin and Rutgers.

He committed to Rutgers last month and first got a Cane offer in October.

Nicolas is being recruited by DB coach Tim Walton.

"He's a cool coach," Nicolas said. "When we talk, it's about an hour. He just gives me all the information about the school and the opportunity that I have. He says I can be able to play in the tradition of their safeties.

"They say I'm a big part of what they want and they're not going to stop recruiting me their hardest."

But Nicolas says it's going to be hard for UM to win out over Rutgers.

"There's a great chance (I stick by Rutgers)," he said. "When I say something, it's true. I'm not going to go back on my word."

Nicolas had nine touchdowns as a senior, six receiving and three on kick returns.
 01-14-2007, 09:13 PM         #569
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
January 14, 2007

Related Links:
Chad Jones bioVideo highlights

Baton Rouge (LA) Southern Lab DB Chad Jones has not set up his Hurricane visit yet but says "there's a great chance I'm going to visit."

He's visiting FSU this weekend, Florida the following weekend and then LSU.

Which means UM could get the last visit before signing day.

Jones currently lists his two frontrunners as the only two schools he's seen so far this year: LSU and USC.

He has visited LSU unofficially.

"For right now Miami's not in the top two," Jones said. "But things can change on the visit. I went on the visit (to Miami) with my brother (Al, who chose LSU) in the 10th grade. When I was there on that I was thinking `I'm going to Miami, I'm going to Miami.' I've always been a Miami fan. I'm still a Miami fan. When I got out there it just took me in. I liked it out there a lot. The same thing will probably happen when I go out there again."

Jones says he has not spoken with Cane coaches recently but that he is getting mail from UM.

"I got letter yesterday talking about the new head coach, a typed up thing," Jones said.

Jones says the No. 1 factor in his final decision won't be football.

It will be baseball. He will play both sports in college.

The No. 2 factor?

"I can't be in a country town, have to be where something's going on," he says.

As for why baseball is so important to him, Jones says "I see myself playing (professional) baseball. But you never know. I think my chances are better at starting on a team in baseball and leaving in three years than in football and leaving in three years."

Jones says of UM's baseball program that "I know they are in the top, get good draft picks in the draft every year."

Jones hit .617 with 12 home runs as a junior.

If he is offered enough money in the June Major League Baseball draft he says he may not attend college at all.

"We'll have to see, I'll have to figure things out," he said.

On the football field this past season Jones had 120 tackles, three forced fumbles and 12 interceptions, six of which he returned for touchdowns. He also had 11 offensive touchdowns playing wide receiver.

01-15-2007, 12:19 AM         #570
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
January 12, 2007

Related Links:
Jermaine McKenzie bioVideo highlights

Bradenton Prep WR Jermaine McKenzie remains solid in his Hurricane commitment.

The former Alabama commitment says he "got a call from a new a.ssistant coach at Alabama, but I didn't entertain his calls.

"Miami is where I'll be signing my letter of intent."

UM will be his only visit -- he's coming next weekend.

And he's coming with a close friend -– quarterback Robert Marve.

Marve is a soft Alabama commitment who is strongly considering the Hurricanes.

"We became friends last summer at Alabama's two-day summer camp," McKenzie said. "Me as a receiver being close to him, I would love to have him at Miami.

"Marve has to do what he has to do. If he would like to come to Miami or if he wants to stay at Alabama, whatever he wants to do that's up to him."

McKenzie said he expects an in-home visit from Cane coaches Randy Shannon and Marquis Mosely this week.

"Coach Mosely texted me, said he can't wait to come on the home visit," McKenzie said.

A little-known fact about McKenzie: He is the county's top scorer with 22 points per game. At 6 foot 3 he plays point guard, and he's also averaging seven a.ssists per game.

"I had people who were interested in me last year for basketball offers, but I told them I don't plan on playing basketball on the next level, that football was my sport," McKenzie said.
 01-15-2007, 12:20 AM         #571
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If we can get Marve to decommit and come to Miami with his boy, that sh*t would be sick. Marve looks like the real deal..
 10 years ago '04        #572
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,795 | Props total: 1400 1400
 RakimAllahNY said:
If we can get Marve to decommit and come to Miami with his boy, that sh*t would be sick. Marve looks like the real deal..

i doubt it happens, heard him and his family enjoyed the trip to bama..and im sure bama pulled a usual and sent him a nice gift for the trip back.

but you never know..i think the kid is stellar.

but there is some really really really good news in the storm center about the Northwestern boys from the class of 08.
 10 years ago '04        #573
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
Miami is looking pretty damn good in recruiting again... Shannon is doing what the old coaches used to do. Get everybody from South Florida and a few ones from North florida and cats from outta state.

Oh and yeah that Northwestern class of 08 is shaping up pretty damn sick with that QB and that 6'4 receiver. I hope Antwain Easterling goes to UM. That would be a sick backfield with Hurricane James, Cooper and him sharing playing time.
 10 years ago '06        #574
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,660 | Props total: 12161 12161
 10 years ago '04        #575
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
they weret alking bout the NW class of 08 last night on the dade-broward all-star game, and they said that class might be hte best dade has ever produced. They said the whole county next year will probably be the best ever
 10 years ago '04        #576
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Shannon narrows list on offenseBy SUSAN MILLER DEGNAN AND BARRY JACKSON

University of Miami coach Randy Shannon is busy interviewing candidates this weekend for the Hurricanes' offensive coordinator position.

Shannon's list includes Oklahoma co-offensive coordinator/receivers coach Kevin Sumlin, Northern Illinois offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach John Bond, and Rutgers a.ssistant offensive coordinator/quarterbacks/wide receivers coach John McNulty, according to two people familiar with the hiring situation.

Oklahoma athletic director Joe Castiglione said Sumlin was an outstanding coach.

''He's a fabulous guy, extremely prepared,'' Castiglione said. ``He's not only prepared to be a coordinator, but on the threshold of being a fine head coach. He's really creative on offense, and has brought a lot to our staff. He's an excellent recruiter. That would be a tough loss for us.''

Sumlin, 42, has been with Oklahoma since 2003. He was the a.ssistant head coach and offensive coordinator at Texas A&M (2000-'01) and coached at Purdue, Minnesota, Wyoming and Washington State.

NIU's Bond, 43, just completed his third season with the Huskies, whose tailback, Garrett Wolfe, led the nation with an average of 148.3 yards a game. Bond was outgoing UM quarterbacks coach Todd Berry's offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Army and Illinois State.

Another Bond-UM tie: He coached ISU receiver Marquis Mosely, now UM's receivers coach, and coached with Mosely at Army and NIU.

McNulty, 37, came to Rutgers after being an NFL a.ssistant (wide receivers coach for the Jaguars and Cowboys). He also was an a.ssistant at Connecticut and a graduate a.ssistant at Michigan.
 10 years ago '04        #577
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
i know its a painstaking process, but shannon needs to lock down an O-coordinator quick, the uncertainity is driving away some recruits
 10 years ago '04        #578
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,795 | Props total: 1400 1400
 Cap Peeler said:
Miami is looking pretty damn good in recruiting again... Shannon is doing what the old coaches used to do. Get everybody from South Florida and a few ones from North florida and cats from outta state.

Oh and yeah that Northwestern class of 08 is shaping up pretty damn sick with that QB and that 6'4 receiver. I hope Antwain Easterling goes to UM. That would be a sick backfield with Hurricane James, Cooper and him sharing playing time.
Easterling wont be here because of his legal troubles...look for him up at Rutgers.

KiNgJaMeS305 said:
they weret alking bout the NW class of 08 last night on the dade-broward all-star game, and they said that class might be hte best dade has ever produced. They said the whole county next year will probably be the best ever
yeah S.Fla is loaded next year..and pretty much all of them will be Canes...if they grades are right and want to work hard and win.

so all my folk on here thats in s.fla next time you go to a game...tell them boys to have they grades right.

even 2 dudes from Pahokee want to be Canes, Odoms and Jenkins
 01-16-2007, 11:18 PM         #579
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
January 15, 2007

Related Links:
Devin Parrish bio

New Berlin (NY) Milford Academy CB Devin Parrish, formerly of Hollywood Christian and Parkway (Miramar, Fla.) Academy, could be heading back to his Florida roots.

Parrish's coach at Milford, Bill Chaplick, said the Hurricanes have requested more film of Parrish, who is playing cornerback in prep school. It's possible he'll get an offer in the near future.

UM coaches have been in contact with Parrish, who never got a UM offer as a high school senior but now has offers from the likes of Tennessee and Illinois.

"I've been talking a lot with coach (Randy) Shannon and coach (Tim) Walton," said Parrish, who is the cousin of former Cane standout Roscoe Parrish. "The last time I spoke to coach Shannon he said they really like me. He mentioned Edgerrin James and Javarris, Santana Moss and Sinorice –- he said `Why not Roscoe Parrish/Devin Parrish at Miami?'

"He said he wants to see more film of me. He wants to see me playing physical, turning my hips, running, just wants to see a little more (before deciding to offer a scholarship). I'm waiting patiently."

Parrish says if Miami offers he wouldn't necessarily commit right away, although he does say Miami's "high up on my list."

He adds, "I would take a visit and see how it goes from there."

If Parrish was qualified out of high school he said he likely would have gone to Illinois.

He says the Canes didn't offer in high school because "I didn't have my grades and my test score. They didn't want to waste their time if I wasn't going to qualify.

"Now I'm fully qualified. I'm finished. I got my grades, did really well. I'm finished. I'm home for the rest of the year."

The 6-1, 185-pounder with 4.36-second speed has another recruit on his side: Milford teammate and Cane signee Graig Cooper.

"Me and Coop are real close," Parrish said. "That was my roommate up there at Milford. We're real tight. That would be a big push to Miami if they offer. Coop is telling Randy Shannon every day, `Offer Devin, he's the real deal.' He tells him all the time."

As a high school senior Parrish had one interception and, as a receiver, had 21 catches for 550 yards and five touchdowns.

He had five interceptions this year at Milford, which plays against college JV teams.

"Miami asked for some more film, which I sent," Chaplick said. "He's real good -- he played cover corner for us, had three interceptions in one game. He turns his hips and has good speed and a good head for the game."

01-16-2007, 11:19 PM         #580
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
January 16, 2007

Related Links:
Damien Berry bioVideo highlights

Belle Glade DB and Hurricane commitment Damien Berry spoke with coach Tim Walton after the dead period ended.

"He was telling me to send my transcripts and stuff over -- my grades are coming along well, I'm already all set," Berry said.

Berry will visit LSU on Jan. 19 and Miami for Super Bowl weekend.

"Those are the only two visits I'm taking," Berry said.

As for why he's taking a visit to LSU, Berry said, "I'm just going to see. I want to see if I'm making the right decision to go to Miami."

Berry had surgery for a torn ACL and partially torn MCL and PCL on Dec. 26.

It was performed in Miami by Dr. John Uribe.

"I'm in rehab now," Berry said. "The surgery went well. I'll be jogging in three months. For running and cutting they say six months, which would be the summertime. I expect to be able to play as a freshman -- that's what I'm working toward.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Busted On Social Media
85 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Dak & Zeke Partying in Dallas Nightclub on Monday Night
59 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX, Riddle me this .....
139 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Guy finishes whole pizza while getting drilled by Chris Hansen
158 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Amazonian tribesmen react to images of the earth
51 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside BOSKOE100 mad at SOULJA BOY.. say he make the BLOODS look like clowns !..
81 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Couple Arguing Married 52 Years Lol
70 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Never noticed this from Scream 1
96 comments
1 day ago