squad up!

Miami Hurricanes

view the rest of most viewed

most viewed right now
232 comments
@thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #7126
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Miami Hurricanes' Vaughn Telemaque hopes to be catalyst for turnovers

Safety Vaughn Telemaque, who has drawn comparisons to Ed Reed by coach Randy Shannon, is looking to help UM's defense create more turnovers -- starting with himself.

University of Miami defensive back Vaughn Telemaque breaks up a pass intended for Duke wide receiver Donovan Varner (26) during the fourth quarter of an NCAA game Saturday, Nov. 21, 2009 at Land Shark Stadium in Miami Gardens.
ALAN DIAZ / AP
Photo

Related Content
Norland's Duke Johnson is UM-bound
Download your 2010 Miami Hurricanes iPhone app
By DIDIER MORAIS

When Ed Reed returned to the University of Miami this past spring for a visit, he made sure to speak with Vaughn Telemaque.

The six-time Pro Bowl safety and the Canes' all-time leader in interceptions had heard coach Randy Shannon mention how Telemaque had the potential to live up to Reed's legacy. So Reed dedicated a portion of his time to tutoring the redshirt sophomore on ways to become better at ball-hawking.

``He talked about how playing cornerback can help you learn where your vulnerable points are [in the secondary], and it can carry your safety [play] to another level,'' said Telemaque, who played a lot of cornerback for that reason in the spring.

``He said it can help you understand routes, where the quarterback is trying to fit the ball. If you can do that, then you know where you can fill the void at safety.''

Thirteen starts into his career, Telemaque still is looking for his first college interception for a UM defense that has created only one turnover in two games heading into Thursday night's game at Pittsburgh.

But as frustrating as the search for turnovers has been for the Hurricanes defense, the 6-2, 207-pound former All-American from Long Beach Poly High School a.ssures he isn't lacking confidence. He is handling the struggles with California cool and letting them roll off his signature dreadlocks.

``I need to get some more turnovers. I need to make some big-time plays like [Reed] and get that going,'' said Telemaque, who as a senior at Poly made 89 tackles and nine interceptions -- including three in the state championship game.

``[But] I understand I also need to be patient and just let it come to me. Patience is a virtue. I want to try to make it happen, [but] if I'm not making it happen, the guys around me will make sure we're making it happen.''

BOUNCING BACK

Patience is nothing new for Telemaque. Three games into his freshman season, he tore his labrum after a collision with Texas A&M fullback Jorvorskie Lane that caused him to miss the final 10 games of the 2008 season.

``Once he got hurt, he was like, `Man what am I gonna do?' '' said USC defensive tackle Jurrell Casey, a close friend of Telemaque's who played with him at Poly.

``It was tough for him because he was on special teams and just getting ready to get in the rotation.''

But it didn't take Telemaque long to bounce back. After missing the season opener at Florida State, he made 11 starts in the Canes' final 12 games and finished fifth on the team with 48 tackles last season. Along the way, he delivered his share of highlight-reel hits -- including upending Georgia Tech running back Roddy Jones and a vicious blow to Duke receiver Donovan Varner.

THE NEXT STEP

Although Shannon said Telemaque has done a great job signaling teammates in the secondary and lining players up in the right spots, it's the next step -- helping create turnovers -- coaches are waiting on.

So far, sophomore Ray-Ray Armstrong's 22-yard interception return for a touchdown against Florida A&M is the only turnover UM has produced this season. Last season, the team created 21 turnovers, nine by interceptions. But only five of those picks were made by players in the Canes secondary.

When Reed patrolled UM's secondary in 2000 and 2001, interceptions were the norm. UM snagged 50 between the 2000 and 2001 seasons. Reed recorded 17 of those over his final two seasons. But in his first two years with UM, Reed was more of a tackler with only two interceptions in each season.

``I appreciate [the Reed comparisons],'' Telemaque said. ``[But] I just want to go out there and play team football.

``Knowing I have No. 1 [Brandon Harris] as a corner, No. 8 [DeMarcus Van Dyke] as a corner, No. 26 [Armstrong] to my left or right -- that builds confidence, and that'll help me play to my potential.''

Receiver LaRon Byrd, Telemaque's roommate, said it is only a matter of time before the safety becomes more of the player Shannon projected him to be.

``We always talk about that,'' said Byrd, who wears Michael Irvin's No. 47 jersey. ``I'll be like, `VT, I have to have this blowout game' and he'll say, `Byrd, I have to have that shutdown game.' I definitely think it's going to happen for him soon. He just needs to keep working at it.''

8 years ago '04        #7127
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
damn i can't wait for thursday!!! :celebrate:

we finna shut down pitt !!!!!!!

8 years ago '05        #7128
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,115 | Props total: 730 730
 Cap Peeler said
damn i can't wait for thursday!!! :celebrate:

we finna shut down pitt !!!!!!!
s**t me too...after the osu game i was like gotdamn 12 days to the next game...but it came up pretty quickly

and boooooo to whoever the f**k created this years schedule...no home game til oct 8 which is fsu (which i wont even be in town for ) so your telling me the next home game i can attend and tailgate is the north carolina game on oct 23 :budden:

its a f**king whole month :banghead:

ima have to go to the wackass dolphins game on sunday just to hold me down for some tailgating

8 years ago '07        #7129
Kinglew88 14 heat pts14
space
space
$13,933 | Props total: 1895 1895
1 day fellas

Its gonna get ugly

Im expecting straight headbussing and crisp offense.

09-22-2010, 09:17 AM         #7130
Cheeze  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Deeangoe said
s**t me too...after the osu game i was like gotdamn 12 days to the next game...but it came up pretty quickly

and boooooo to whoever the f**k created this years schedule...no home game til oct 8 which is fsu (which i wont even be in town for ) so your telling me the next home game i can attend and tailgate is the north carolina game on oct 23 :budden:

ima have to go to the wackass dolphins game on sunday just to hold me down for some tailgating
lucky bastard

id k!ll to go to that one

8 years ago '04        #7131
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 Deeangoe said

for real..... it's f**king horrible. I'm mean i'm all in for having an early bye week since our schedule is straight murder up until we play Duke but damn...no home games for a month? It looks like Paul Dee was the f**kin genious behind this somehow while I see other teams like Ohio State and Oklahoma who have played 3 straight home games and actually ohio state is set to play their next game at home and they have 8 home games this year i mean are u f**king serious??

it's not like i can make it down ther for a game anyways im stuck in wack a.ss georgia attending uga and georgia tech games in the meantime :jay:

8 years ago '04        #7132
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 L-E-Dub b**ch said
1 day fellas

Its gonna get ugly

Im expecting straight headbussing and crisp offense.
It's gonna be over by halftime.

I expect Jacory to throw for 3 or 4 TDs and DB with a couple TD runs. Our second string offense will be in the field by the end of the 3rd quarter and the 4th

8 years ago '04        #7133
booie4 
space
space
$5,535 | Props total: 2184 2184
^ I like the way you think. Although i think it will be close until the end of the 3rd and break it open with some big play.

8 years ago '04        #7134
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
I just don't see how Pitt will be able to keep up with our offense. Their defense is completely depleted and their best d-lineman has completely disappeared this year. Our talent on offense is just way too much for this team to handle..... same goes with their offense. I said it before, Dion Lewis is a bit overrated and teams have been zero-ing in on him and that offense has gone nowhere. Spence played better than the freshmen Spence and Oliver Vernon is a certified true G so far. I trust in BH to shut down Baldwin on the outside as well.

8 years ago '07        #7135
Kinglew88 14 heat pts14
space
space
$13,933 | Props total: 1895 1895
Gameday

Gonna go to this pittsburgh heavy bar in my canes gear with a couple of my cane brothern

:dancingcool:

8 years ago '07        #7136
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
 Cap Peeler said
I just don't see how Pitt will be able to keep up with our offense. Their defense is completely depleted and their best d-lineman has completely disappeared this year. Our talent on offense is just way too much for this team to handle..... same goes with their offense. I said it before, Dion Lewis is a bit overrated and teams have been zero-ing in on him and that offense has gone nowhere. Spence played better than the freshmen Spence and Oliver Vernon is a certified true G so far. I trust in BH to shut down Baldwin on the outside as well.
I dont know bout that homie:lachen001:. BH is my boy, but Baldwin is the damn truth. I hope my skins get a shot at drafting him, he's gonna be a good pro

But about the game tonight? I wanna see the offense handle their business and blow this out by the 3rd

8 years ago '05        #7137
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
wannestache is the wild card! with his conservative a.ss

for those like me who wont be able to watch the game at home cuz of work

8 years ago '05        #7138
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
 ttime236 said
I dont know bout that homie:lachen001:. BH is my boy, but Baldwin is the damn truth. I hope my skins get a shot at drafting him, he's gonna be a good pro
I could see BH staying with him most of the game with maybe Armstrong helping over the top. No one else on their offense really worries me, maybe Dion but I keep hearing how the interior of their o-line is weak so I'm hoping for a big game by Forston, Bailey & co. And they have been struggling with getting Dion going so hopefully this won't be the game where it starts.

8 years ago '04        #7139
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 dipset kid0221 said
I could see BH staying with him most of the game with maybe Armstrong helping over the top. No one else on their offense really worries me, maybe Dion but I keep hearing how the interior of their o-line is weak so I'm hoping for a big game by Forston, Bailey & co. And they have been struggling with getting Dion going so hopefully this won't be the game where it starts.
everytime any team plays against the U they find some extra motivation you know im saying...... i wouldn't be surprised if these n*ggas come to play and Dion breaks a couple runs. With that being said, I still don't think he goes over 75 yds. Not with that o-line and their unsteady QB. And definitely not with the monsters we got at the d-line

8 years ago '05        #7140
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space

[pic - click to view]

toooooough :dancingcool:

8 years ago '05        #7141
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
 P. Dedos said
Figs has no bussiness out there

hes gonna get somebody k!lled

stick S. Henderson in there ASAP
I read Seantrel is still learning the playbook but I agree they need to put him in asap. I hate Figs dumbass kept f**king up tonight

8 years ago '05        #7142
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
apparently he only knows about 30% of the playbook
long as hes starting by years end for next year :cool-smiley-009:

8 years ago '04        #7143
madness 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$13,230 | Props total: 4266 4266
good win tonight, LOVED seeing seantrel manhandling n*ggas out there, he'll be gone after his junior year for sure

j-12 still with the picks...at this point, it is what it is with him....he's a gunslinger and we just have to live with it and hope the good plays outweigh the bad ones

defense looked on point. cobra spence is playing the best ball i've seen a UM linebacker play in years...i saw cookie buchanan out there flying around too. and i'm glad shannon benched DVD, that n*gga has done nothing in his 4 years here. i'd rather see mcgee take his lumps out there.

8 years ago '05        #7144
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space

[video - click to view]

them dudes quick with the highlight videos

8 years ago '04        #7145
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 P. Dedos said
Figs has no bussiness out there

hes gonna get somebody k!lled

stick S. Henderson in there ASAP
it pisses me off man.....i played with figs in high school brah and s**t really hasn't changed with him. He loves taking plays off it's f**king annoyin when he's on he's on, he can manhandle the best of them. Last year he moved Gerald McCoy pretty good but this season he's just going through the motions... granted he has been having shoulder problems but last night he played horrific. Got manhandled by #97 a couple times and the penalties

madness said
good win tonight, LOVED seeing seantrel manhandling n*ggas out there, he'll be gone after his junior year for sure

j-12 still with the picks...at this point, it is what it is with him....he's a gunslinger and we just have to live with it and hope the good plays outweigh the bad ones

defense looked on point. cobra spence is playing the best ball i've seen a UM linebacker play in years...i saw cookie buchanan out there flying around too. and i'm glad shannon benched DVD, that n*gga has done nothing in his 4 years here. i'd rather see mcgee take his lumps out there.
It is what it is for real cuzo... I just hope he doesn't take those chances when we're behind or in a tight game. As with Spence, that boy is taking hostages right now my n*gga is playing like a first team All-American right now :agreement6: Best LB we've had since DJ. After following up with 11 tackles at osu, he got 9 taclkes and 1.5 sacks

Another one is my n*gga Vernon :agreement6: That boy is unstoppable

And dude, Boss Shannon wasn't f**king around about getting pissed off after ohio state that n*gga benched DVD finally after 4 years I'd rather see McGee getting abused but at least he's just a freshman...I could deal with that. He even benched Ford after he got that penalty and put in Richard Gordon for the next 2 quarters

Last edited by Cap Peeler; 09-24-2010 at 06:51 AM..

8 years ago '05        #7146
Junior G 117 heat pts117
space
space
$54,655 | Props total: 8002 8002
lol at Jacory.....this n*gga got a 1-1 td to int ration

8 years ago '04        #7147
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 P. Dedos said
only people ranked can talked reckless

jacory threw for 400 yards on that weak a.ss defense and this year will be no diffrent
their "heisman" qb couldn't even throw for 150 yds against that weak a.ss Oklahoma defense

Imagine what this Miami D is gonna do to them

8 years ago '05        #7148
Junior G 117 heat pts117
space
space
$54,655 | Props total: 8002 8002
you n*ggaz got no shot this year....none....so just save the talk for about 10 years from now when you even get to play close again

8 years ago '04        #7149
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 Junior G said
you n*ggaz got no shot this year....none....so just save the talk for about 10 years from now when you even get to play close again

I don't know which username you act more stupid as....martian mar or junior gay... either way

8 years ago '04        #7150
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Shannon Reaction: Day After Pitt
Sep. 24, 2010

By: David Lake

Jacory Harris
Head coach Randy Shannon met with media via teleconference Friday afternoon following the Miami Hurricanes 31-3 win at Pittsburgh.

The win at Pittsburgh was a good sign that Miami could bounce back after a disappointing loss to No. 2 Ohio State.

Miami’s schedule doesn’t get any easier next week as the Hurricanes travel to Clemson for their first ACC game of the season. Miami coach Randy Shannon says he won’t let his team have a letdown at Clemson after the Hurricanes’ dominating performance at Pitt.

“From a coaching standpoint, we are not going to let [them] get relaxed,” Shannon said. “If we feel like they are getting relaxed in practice, then we will put somebody else in and move forward and coach that guy up to play with a lot of intensity.”

Read on for more news and notes.

NEWS & NOTES

• According to Shannon, the minor injury quarterback Jacory Harris against Pitt that knocked him out of the game for one play is minor. “The doctors put him back in the game and felt like he was ready to go,” Shannon said. “It was nothing that he felt was serious and it is like anything, you get a nick on a finger and you tape it up and go. He got a little ding and he felt better and he was ready to go.”

• Jacory Harris’ two interceptions were not the product of bad decision making, Shannon said. Harris threw the ball to wide receiver Travis Benjamin when he had single coverage on a safety on both plays. Shannon says Miami receivers need to come down with the ball in those situations. “We always figure that if we have receivers one-on-one, then we have to make those catches,” Shannon said. “If our receivers are caught on a safety one-on-one they have to make those catches for us to be successful.”

• Defensively, Shannon was pleased with the overall team effort against Pittsburgh. “I think we tackled a lot better,” Shannon said. “We had a lot of gang tackles and tackles for loss and got a lot of pressure on the quarterbacks and we got two turnovers.”

• LB Sean Spence has started the season very strong and Shannon credits a lot of his early season success to the play of the defensive line. “That means the defensive line is getting double teamed,” Shannon said. “A lot of it goes to what our defensive line is doing. If they have to double team the defensive line, the linebackers will be free.”

• WR LaRon Byrd “did a great job,” Shannon said. “We have talked about getting other receivers involved and things like that and LaRon Byrd came up with a lot of big 15-yard out routes that were big plays in the game to keep a drive going.”

• Senior CBs Ryan Hill and DeMarcus Van Dyke each made an interception in the fourth quarter against Pittsburgh. Shannon was pleased to see his veteran defensive backs come up with big plays. “Ryan did a good job in practice,” Shannon said. “I am not taking anything away from Van Dyke because he played a lot also. It is just Ryan has been working his butt off and both of those guys are starters and I was happy to see both of those guys get interceptions.”

• The offensive line “did decent” against Pitt, Shannon said. “We got the quarterback sacked twice from off the edge and we have to get better at that. Jacory got touched maybe four times which is good and if you can cut that down to zero, that would be great.”

• LB Jordan Futch received extended playing time on defense against Pitt. Futch is working his way back from an ACL injury he sustained last season and Shannon is excited with the way he is coming back off the injury. “We are excited about his progress and the more he plays the better he will get,” Shannon said.

• Clemson’s death Valley is one of the toughest road venues the ACC has to offer. Shannon compares their stadium to playing at Virginia Tech and Ohio State. “I know it is really loud up there,” Shannon said. “It is a great college atmosphere and there is going to be a lot of fans and it is one of those places that you want to go and participate in because of the college atmosphere.”

• Miami has an extra weekend to prepare for Clemson, but the Tigers will have two entire weeks to prepare for UM. Clemson had two weeks to prepare last year for the Hurricanes and threw some new wrinkles into the gameplan. “They lined up and went to a lot of no backs and things like that in the game, which was something we didn’t see,” Shannon said. “You have to expect the unexpected.”

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside OK So You All Asked Me For A Proof Pic
232 comments
5 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lawd! Dave Chapelle describes Kanye's 'Manic Episode' at the White House
26 comments
4 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Brittany Renner Is About To Expose Your Favorite Rapper
97 comments
4 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside "If Your 30 Years Old & Slept With Only 25 Women Your a Beta Male."
226 comments
7 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Billy and 6ix9ine officially beefing
12 comments
2 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
My nigga I’m dying 🤣
9 comments
2 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Ashanti Concert Canceled After Selling Only 24 Tickets
106 comments
7 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The fastest way for Disney to recoup the billions they spent on Fox
16 comments
4 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Cardi B Needs Help With Post-Baby Body
18 comments
4 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Samsung may have just killed the game... Zero bezels on deck!
5 comments
2 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Not Even Trying Bruh
36 comments
7 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
DJ / Officer VLAD proves that he is an informant that works with the Police
25 comments
5 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Rae Curruth Free Monday
21 comments
2 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Oct 20 - BREAKING: Trump says US will withdraw from nuclear arms treaty with R..
34 comments
4 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
When men want a BBW, is this what they have in mind?
31 comments
7 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 Famous Dex picking up minors?
3 comments
20 minutes ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 Article inside sher "Bad Girl" Songwriter Awarded $44 Million In Lawsui
5 comments
19 minutes ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Cuban doll splits open another female rapper stomach
9 comments
3 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
NBA KEVIN KNOW has to be CARRIED TO LOCKER ROOM after INJURING HIS ANKLE :mjda..
10 comments
2 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship 3
24 comments
2 hours ago
@sports
Top 10 most propped recently
Last few hours...
Flippa Huxtable
Blaffy
Lonny Breaux
Deuterion
Papi
tokinjohn
FrescoB
dominicanlipz
Mikkelangelo
Cartel-Clipz
Top 10 most slapped recently
suavehooper
Blaffy
danneywilliams
TommyD
Sandyy
BlackDynamite
GoldBluded
two-face
dominicanlipz
micropave

most viewed right now
online now  34
Image(s) inside 💥👀👉Say Something !!! 🍑🍒㈇..
35 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  27
Oct 19 - the spectrum cable cartel raping its victims for even more money
71 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  21
PART 2. BX have you ever smashed a famous or well known broad before?
277 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  13
Video inside Steve Harvey Just said the realest sh-t ever!
100 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  11
Netflix Pulls The Plug On ‘Luke Cage’, No Season 3 For Marvel’s Harlem Hero
243 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  10
Image(s) inside Consummate professional. A true pillar to her craft.
33 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  9
Video inside One of the best films of that last ten years nobody cares about
107 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  8
New details about the Drake & Kendrick Lamar beef surface