Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick Spanish Milf Adult Film Star(You Saving Her?)
43 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA NBA.COM fu-ked up.
169 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Pete Rock Goes in on Young Thug for Hassling Airport Workers
107 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside He's back!! Kangaroo got time now
75 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #5661
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,716 | Props total: 12263 12263
kacy rogers from south lake carroll commited :wow: :wow: :wow:

his offer list is impressive
 7 years ago '07        #5662
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 466 466
lot of early commits hopefully they are monsters on the field
 7 years ago '04        #5663
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Visit Propels Walford To Cane Commitment
Jul. 20, 2009

By: Nate Adelson

Clive Walford became the 'Canes third commitment in three days.
Glades Central tight end Clive Walford picked up his first few offers during the month of spring practice, and a Cane offer following his spring game performance.

Walford (6-5, 220) didn’t want to string the recruiting process out for too long, so he committed to Miami on Monday following an unofficial visit to the campus.

“Honestly, I was just looking at the past and thinking about what the Miami Hurricanes have produced at the tight end position,” Walford said. “Knowing the player that I could be, I put the two together and I came out with Miami.”

Walford’s unofficial visit definitely played a role in his decision since he got a chance to speak with a couple current Canes.

“The visit was excellent and I loved it,” Walford laughed. “I saw the facilities, I met some of the players, and I met the strength coach. It just felt comfortable and I felt like it should be my home so that played a big role.”

One current player in particular who happens to be a former Glades Central standout helped convince Walford that Miami was the place for him.

“I’m one hundred percent with Miami because I talked to my friend Travis Benjamin who plays for Miami,” Walford said. “He played a big part too and he broke it all down for me to let me know everything that was going on.”

Walford is not planning on being an early enrollment and he expects he will graduate in May to arrive at Miami next summer.

Walford had a brief message that he wanted to send out to all the fans that he knew would be excited about his commitment.

“Get ready because The Beast is coming to your school next year,” Walford laughed.

The Canes now have 13 pledges, including six ESPNU 150 Watch List prospects.

Rodgers joins DTs Todd Chandler and Louis Nix, OLs Tavadis Glenn, Jonathan Feliciano, and Shane McDermott, RB Darion Hall, FB Maurice Hagens, LBs Javarie Johnson and Kevin Nelson, and CBs Raheam Buxton, Jeremy Davis, and Kacy Rodgers as the commitments for the Miami class of 2010.
 7 years ago '04        #5664
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
CB Rodgers Commits To Miami
Jul. 20, 2009

By: Nate Adelson

Kacy Rodgers is Miami's 12th commitment.
Cornerback Kacy Rodgers of Carroll High in Southlake, Texas, had said for the past few months that he had wanted to make his decision over the summer.

That decision came Sunday night when Rodgers (6-2, 190) decided that Miami was the place for him.

“I just kind of wanted to go ahead and get it done with so I could focus more on my senior season coming up,” Rodgers said. “Obviously Miami is a big time school and they always put players into the NFL. I really like the people there when I got the chance to call Coach McGriff and Coach Shannon. It was just what they said and how they sounded like great people, and that’s what I want to be around.”

Rodgers isn’t considering any other schools at this point, and he explained why he didn’t need to take a visit to know Miami was right for him.

“Like I said with the people at Miami and their history and I’ve heard great things about their campus from many people,” Rodgers said. “I know about that so I didn’t really need to see everything to know I was ready to go ahead and commit.”

Rodgers’ academics are in excellent shape, but he isn’t going to enroll early at Miami because he wants to experience the full four years of high school.

Rodgers finished his junior year with 29 tackles and 3 interceptions. The Canes now have 12 pledges, including six ESPNU 150 Watch List prospects.

Rodgers joins DTs Todd Chandler and Louis Nix, OLs Tavadis Glenn, Jonathan Feliciano, and Shane McDermott, RB Darion Hall, FB Maurice Hagens, LBs Javarie Johnson and Kevin Nelson, and CBs Raheam Buxton and Jeremy Davis as the commitments for the Miami class of 2010.
 7 years ago '05        #5665
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,691 | Props total: 3804 3804
good job keep recruit them bums in Texas...we'll take some more FLA n*ggaz
 7 years ago '06        #5666
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
 Junior G said:
good job keep recruit them bums in Texas...we'll take some more FLA n*ggaz
that bum from texas has 20+ offers including ohio state, the turds, notre dame

you name it

your class is gonna be nice from the looks of it cant lie
 7 years ago '05        #5667
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
that bum from texas has 20+ offers including ohio state, the turds, notre dame

you name it

your class is gonna be nice from the looks of it cant lie
I don't see no FSU offer, so he irrelevant :agreement6:
 7 years ago '06        #5668
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
 Junior G said:
I don't see no FSU offer, so he irrelevant :agreement6:
same shyt can be said about rodney smith and xavier hoez:agreement6:
 7 years ago '05        #5669
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
same shyt can be said about rodney smith and xavier hoez:agreement6:
rhodes to hoez? come on you can do better, miami fan or not

we'll see this year when they both score on you...s*** we might let every freshman get one on ya
 7 years ago '06        #5670
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
brandon mcgee played yall like a fool:laughing9:

CJ hitstick holton rather sit on our bench than suit up for yall :laughing9:

the sanford 3 laughed at bobby bowden when he pissed on himself at the home visiit :laughing9:

Last edited by DEDOS; 07-20-2009 at 10:01 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #5671
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
brandon mcgee played yall like a fool:laughing9:

CJ hitstick holton rather sit on our bench than suit up for yall :laughing9:

the sanford 3 laughed at bobby bowden when he pissed on himself at the home visiit :laughing9:
it was funny watch Holton's crying after the game last year it will be even funnier when mcgee does it this year
 7 years ago '04        #5672
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
Purdue's Marve out until October with ACL injury

July 21, 2009 3:15 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg

Quarterback transfer Robert Marve won't be on the field with his new Purdue teammates when they open preseason practice next month.

Marve tells ESPN The Magazine's Bruce Feldman that he tore his ACL doing on-field drills just three days after announcing he would transfer to Purdue from Miami. Marve hopes to return to practice in October, though that seems a little optimistic given the severity of his injury.

The good news for Marve is he can't play this season anyway, according to NCAA transfer rules. He could have used the extra practice time with offensive coordinator Gary Nord and his new teammates, but he'll still have part of the fall as well as spring and summer of 2010.

Marve likely will enter 2010 as the frontrunner for Purdue's starting quarterback spot. He appeared in 11 games for Miami last fall and led the team with 1,293 pass yards. Marve threw nine touchdowns and 13 interceptions for the 'Canes.

Purdue Boilermakers, Robert Marve, Miami Hurricanes, Gary Nord

i guess s*** happens...

probably this n*gga was trying to kick a car's window instead of punching it
 7 years ago '04        #5673
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,799 | Props total: 1401 1401
looks like little gore committment got accepted after all. not bad but i just dont see him at RB for his career.

According to the Herald we did:

Columbus High senior-to-be running back Jakhari Gore (Frank Gore's cousin) said he orally accepted UM's scholarship offer and denied a report it was pulled. Recruiting coordinator ``Clint Hurtt said they would make room for me.'' UM also got oral commitments from Belle Glade tight end Clive Walford and defensive backs Raheam Buxton (Pahokee) and Kacy Rodgers (from Texas and the son of the Dolphins defensive line coach), giving UM 14 oral commitments for the 2010 class.
 7 years ago '06        #5674
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
just find a way to give him the ball in space and its a wrap
 7 years ago '04        #5675
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,690 | Props total: 474 474
 C.R.I.P. said:
looks like little gore committment got accepted after all. not bad but i just dont see him at RB for his career.

According to the Herald we did:

Columbus High senior-to-be running back Jakhari Gore (Frank Gore's cousin) said he orally accepted UM's scholarship offer and denied a report it was pulled. Recruiting coordinator ``Clint Hurtt said they would make room for me.'' UM also got oral commitments from Belle Glade tight end Clive Walford and defensive backs Raheam Buxton (Pahokee) and Kacy Rodgers (from Texas and the son of the Dolphins defensive line coach), giving UM 14 oral commitments for the 2010 class.
that's good to hear

we cant afford to miss out on talent like baby gore, he might be small but if you use him the right way he'll be raw.

the fact that he destroys competition in 6A dade county football is good enough for me:applause:
 7 years ago '04        #5676
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
• Columbus High senior-to-be running back Jakhari Gore (Frank Gore's cousin) said he orally accepted UM's scholarship offer and denied a report it was pulled. Recruiting coordinator ``Clint Hurtt said they would make room for me.'' UM also got oral commitments from Belle Glade tight end Clive Walford and defensive backs Raheam Buxton (Pahokee) and Kacy Rodgers (from Texas and the son of the Dolphins defensive line coach), giving UM 14 oral commitments for the 2010 class.

• Buzz on a few of the 11 freshmen who arrived at UM in the past few weeks: The most ballyhooed is safety Ray Ray Armstrong, rivals.com's 13th-best prospect nationally -- Randy Shannon said he reminds him of Sean Taylor. ``He's an NFL talent, heat-seeking missile who loves contact, the most competitive player I've coached,'' Sanford Seminole's Mike Cullison said, adding at 6-5 and 215 pounds, he eventually might play linebacker if he keeps growing. ``We just hope everything that's said about Ray Ray is backed up. I tell him that every day,'' Jacory Harris said...

Armstrong's high-school teammate, Dyron Dye, is a ``phenomenal'' pass rusher, Cullison said, (13.5 sacks last year) but word is he must bulk up and could end up red-shirting . . .

Freshman Lamar Miller, from k!llian High, who ran an impressive 4.3 in the 40, said don't count him out of this year's running back battle. ``I bring something different - breakaway speed and great vision.'' . . .

A.J. Highsmith, who threw 28 touchdowns and four interceptions at Hightower (Tex.) High in '08, likely will redshirt but said offensive coordinator Mark Whipple ``told me he's excited about my athletic ability. They said their only concern is arm strength -- I've been working on it. If it doesn't work out at quarterback, they know I can play safety.'' His only other quarterback offers were from SMU and Houston
Reply | Quote
 7 years ago '04        #5677
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
A Rolle model for pro athletes

The first time I interviewed Antrel Rolle, I was just getting my feet wet in reporting and he was just starting to get everyone's attention for his football talents at South Dade.
Ten years after I wrote my first high school football story on him -- one his father Al, Homestead's police chief, still keeps in his office -- I caught up Antrel for another on Tuesday. This time, it was about the South Dade kid who made good at The U and is doing even better now in the NFL with the Arizona Cardinals. And by doing better, I mean by his contributions to his community. Tuesday, South Dade High renamed its weight room in Rolle's honor after he gave the school $30,000 this past Christmas. It bought new football uniforms, the $10,000 weight room floor, $5,000 in weights and a bunch of other stuff.

If you've ever been in a Miami-Dade or Broward High School weight room or athletic facility, you know just how poor the facilities run down they are. Most of the time, the equipment is out of date or just flat out dangerous. Rolle's money is going a long way toward helping his alma mater build a new image with its new campus.

But today's act of kindness isn't the only thing Rolle should be applauded for. He's been giving back for years. You just haven't heard much about it. He's not only given $4,000 to Southridge for their school to buy new uniforms, he's provided nine academic scholarships of $2,500 at South Dade and Homestead and helped back 140 kids in Florida City as part of the Marlins RBI program. His dad couldn't be prouder of his son, who planned to with former Canes teammate and the late Sean Taylor to do these quiet acts of kindness. Now, its just Antrel.

Anyway, I caught up with Mr. Rolle and found out he's also been busy working out at UM and helping several Canes cornerbacks get their acts together. Here's what he had to say.

Q: Why do you feel its so important to give back to your community? Some guys don't like coming back to their neighborhood because it wasn't safe or a place they enjoyed too much. Yet, you live right down the street from here. You run by here everyday.
AR: "For me, not a lot of people can say they made it from South Dade. I am one of the very fortunate and blessed who have made it and I want to come back and show them you don't have to move to Hollywood when you make it. You can be the same young and humble young man who just has a little more money in their pocket and a little more success and a public eye watching you. You don't have to leave from your hood. You can keep your foundation, your place of residence. I've always chosen to live down here because of my family."

Q: You played and won a national title. What was it like to play in the Super Bowl?
AR: "It was a life changing experience. I was 26 playing in the Super Bowl. Not a lot of people can even say they played in a Super Bowl, period. It was something you can't describe into words and something you definitely yearn for again."

Q: What was it like to be that close to winning and having Santonio Holmes snatch it from you?
AR: "I was on the opposite side [during the game-winning catch]. There are so many times I think and wish I could turn back the hands of time. I was wishing just for that one play. We switched all the time during the game. I just happened to choose the wrong side. It was a great play, a fantastic catch. But I think we gave the audience a fantastic show nobody predicted. Eight of 10 teams don't even make it to the playoffs after the Super Bowl. We just want to make sure we're not one of those eight teams."

Q: How is this year's Cardinals team going to look?
AR: "I think we're going to be pretty dynamic. Everyone is pretty much in place. We have a few guys that have endured a few bumps and bruises, contract situations. But I think we will get past it and once we do everyone will be looking forward to a fantastic year."

Q: You made a comment during Super Bowl week about the Canes that opened a few eyes. What were you really trying to say about your old program?
AR: "Just that I thought they were missing the swagger that made me attend the University of Miami when I went there. That same swagger that will help you come back from any deficit and help you stay on top. I just feel like we have to get better mentally, not physically. Those guys are a great physical group. I think they may have the fastest group that's ever been at UM. But I think they need to understand the pride and history that goes at the University of Miami. I feel like that will take them miles away from they are now."

Q: Have you tried working with some of those young guys while you've been working out at UM this summer?
AR: "I've had a few conversations with Chavez Grant. And I ran with [Demarcus] VanDyke and watched some film with him, just showed him how to breakdown the film and gave him pointers. All of those guys have my number. I talk to Randy Phillips all the time. I tell him if there is anything you need, give me a call."

Q: Four interceptions for the Canes secondary last year. You used to get four interceptions in your sleep. What was your reaction to that ugly stat?
AR: "Not good. From my end in the backfield, we were going to get that ball. We were f!ghting to get the ball. If it wasn't myself, it was Sean. It was Ed [Reed]. It was Phil [Buchanon]. We were hungry and we wanted to get that ball. I just feel like they have to get that same mentality. They need to learn how to play the ball once its in the air and become that defense that intimidates you before the game even starts."

Q: I was talking to Devin Hester last week about the new wave of Canes in the NFL and who might be able to carry the flag for The U moving forward now that guys like Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Edgerrin James are getting older. You know the first round streak ended. But guys like you, Jon Beason, Kenny Phillips can keep the U visible. Why is it important?
AR: "I think it's important for us to keep it going. It shows the guys here it doesn't matter where you started or where you get drafted, its what you do when you get there. That's the one thing I've been trying to talk to the guys down at Miami about -- it doesn't matter what's happened up until now. It's where you finish."
 7 years ago '04        #5678
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,690 | Props total: 474 474
i hear stephen morris might commit soon, kid has a cannon arm and runs a 4.5
 7 years ago '04        #5679
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
CORAL GABLES - The thought alone surprised Jacory Harris.

He grew up watching Miami Hurricanes football during a time players surpassed the barrier almost annually. Now the team's starting quarterback, Harris was stunned to learn UM was lacking when it came to producing 1,000-yard rushers.

It's been six seasons since Willis McGahee's 1,753-yard effort, showing a decline at the position.

"By looking at the names of the people, you would be surprised," Harris said recently. "Javarris James didn't rush for 1,000 yards. Graig Cooper [didn't either]. Because they are some outstanding backs, some you'd expect to do that every year."

Crossing the 1,000-yard mark in any statistical category has been difficult since UM last played for a national title in 2003. The Hurricanes haven't had a 1,000-yard receiver since Eddie Brown in 1984, but still have produced NFL standouts such as Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne and Santana Moss.

The drop-off is more glaring at running back because UM seems so far removed from the days of Edgerrin James, Clinton Portis and James Jackson. In the past six years, the backfield has been a constant question mark whether it's Tyrone Moss, James or Cooper. James showed promise as a freshman but has been hampered by injuries the past two seasons.

"It's just that we've been a little bit unfortunate the last couple of seasons," Harris said. "But it's always time for change. We'll be willing to change those things."

Coach Randy Shannon said he would like to reverse the trend this season. The answer could be the hiring of new offensive coordinator Mark Whipple, who has several years of NFL experience. Whipple plans to utilize Cooper, the team's leading rusher the last two seasons, similar to the way USC did during Reggie Bush's Heisman Trophy year in 2005.

"You've got to have a 1,000-yard rusher," Shannon said. "Like when we had Portis and Edgerrin. We had guys stacked up behind each other, which is why we had 1,000-yard rushers each year. We've got our depth now, and we can achieve that."

Cooper could prove worthy of ending the streak if he continues to improve as he has each season. A junior from Memphis, he added bulk and speed in the offseason and ready to make a run at becoming the featured runner.

"It would mean a lot," Cooper said. "Everyone wants to work for 1,000 yards. That's one of my goals this year, to rush for 1,000 yards and be a big part of this team. It'd mean a lot to all of us, I'm sure every running back wants to do the same thing and has the same goal."
 7 years ago '04        #5680
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
Ranking the ACC units: Linebackers

July 22, 2009 5:03 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Heather Dinich

This would be an entirely different list if the top two linebackers in the league -- Mark Herzlich and Nate Irving -- weren't sidelined right now. There are still a lot of standout linebackers in the conference, but this season just won't be the same without those two guys, not that Irving's return has been completely ruled out yet. Having spoken with NC State defensive coordinator Mike Archer Wednesday, though, it's simply a miracle that Irving is even alive. In looking at the rest of the conference, it's tough to find teams that are deep at this position. It's a question mark for a lot of teams, and there's a lot of inexperience.

Here's a shot at ranking the best linebacking corps in the ACC:

1. Miami -- Sean Spence was one of the hardest hitters in the conference as a true freshman and will only be better this year, but the key to this group will probably be the return of a healthy Colin McCarthy, who injured his shoulder in the first half of the season last year. Darryl Sharpton, Arthur Brown and Jordan Futch still have something to prove.

2. North Carolina -- Quan Sturdivant and Bruce Carter started every game last year, and there are high expectations for sophomore Zach Brown. Sturdivant led the nation with 87 solo tackles last year and ranked third in the ACC in total tackles per game. This is one of the deepest groups the Tar Heels have had recently, but they are lacking some experience.

3. Virginia Tech -- Cam Martin and Cody Grimm combined to play all but nine plays at the whip linebacker spot, but they've got to replace Purnell Sturdivant and Brett Warren. Barquell Rivers proved he's up to the task when he filled in in the Orange Bowl, and Jake Johnson will have an increased role, too. There's a lot of potential in this group.

4. Clemson -- The Tigers return two starters plus a third player with starting experience. Kavell Connor started all 13 games last year and was the team's top tackler with 125. Brandon Maye had an impressive season as a redshirt freshman, and finished with 87 tackles. Scotty Cooper was a part-time starter at strongside linebacker.

5. Georgia Tech -- Even with Kyle Jackson possibly out for the whole summer with an injured right foot, the Yellow Jackets till have plenty of depth with Sedric Griffin, Brad Jefferson, Anthony Barnes and Steven Sylvester. Barnes and Jefferson are both finally healthy after injury-plagued seasons and there should be good competition for starting jobs. This group can't afford anymore injuries though.

6. Florida State -- With the graduation of Derek Nicholson and Toddrick Verdell, the Noles lose their top two tacklers. Dekoda Watson will be back from elbow surgery this spring, but it's a young group counting on sophomores like Nigel Bradham and Nigel Carr. Junior Kendall Smith is the only other upperclassman on the two-deep roster.

7. Maryland -- Alex Wujciak could be a star at this position for the Terps, and he'll definitely need to be a leader there this fall. Maryland lost four linebackers who combined to play 144 games and 54 starts. Adrian Moten is one of the few experienced faces in the group, and he earned his first start last year in the Humanitarian Bowl.

8. Duke -- The Blue Devils have to replace the ACC's leading tackler in Michael Tauiliili, but they've still got Vincent Rey, who made 109 tackles last year. The problem is, Rey is the only experienced linebacker they've got. Competition remains among Damian Thornton, Abraham Kromah, and Adam Banks.

9. NC State -- It's not clear when Nate Irving will return, but for as long as he's out, the Wolfpack will be missing their best player on both sides of the ball. The Pack still have senior Ray Michel, who is a returning starter in the middle, and Dwayne Maddox started in place of Irving when he was out last year. But this is an entirely different group -- and defense -- without Irving.

10. Boston College -- The Eagles' linebacking corps took a huge hit when Mark Herzlich was diagnosed with cancer, and they still don't know when Mike McLaughlin will be cleared to play from a torn Achilles. BC has a reputation for its defense, so odds are this group will be OK, but there are too many unknowns right now.

11. Wake Forest -- All three starters from last year are gone, and the Demon Deacons have big shoes to fill after the departure of Butkus Award winner Aaron Curry. It's going to have to be a group effort, but there's still some athleticism and depth to work with. Matt Woodlief and Hunter Haynes are the most experienced players retuning.

12. Virginia -- The Cavaliers graduated the veteran group of Jon Copper, Clint Sintim and Antonio Appleby, and because they were so good, their backups didn't see much playing time. This group is the feature in Al Groh's 3-4 defense, and it's going to have a whole new look. There were good reports about Steve Greer this spring, and Groh said Greer tried to mimic his game after Copper, which is reason for hope.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside which heaux you trynna turn into a housewife??
175 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Maliah can get it boy damn
42 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Air Jordan 11 Space Jam On Feet
80 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ye hopped on the blonde hair wave
144 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pink Toe With Ridiculous Buns
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING First Official Trailers
188 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
167 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy