Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
28 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oh My Damn!!!!
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
'Member Lil B?
32 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Derrick Rose high as sh-t
19 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #5641
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
Linebacker Sean Spence says the preseason doubters of the Canes are a motivation.

"Everybody's got us rated so low, it's like motivation for us," Spence said. "Everyone is expecting us to do bad. We're just looking to prove the doubters wrong.

"Right now we're going, trying to get better every day."

Of his expectations for his own performance this year, Spence said, "I'm just going out there to try and have fun and win games. I'm not really worrying about accolades. I'm just trying to win games."

That will begin with the season-opener against Florida State.

"As a player that's what you live for – this is why people came to the University of Miami, big games like this," Spence said. "A rival on Monday night at Florida State, it's going to be a lot of emotion. I think we're going to be ready for it, though."

He says he is working to "get better in a spot that I showed a little weakness in (last year). I'm trying to be more of a vocal leader, take charge out there on the field."

Spence says he expects this to be an overall improved defense.

And he says the return of fellow linebacker Colin McCarthy will play a role in that.

"I think (having McCarthy back) is going to help us a lot," Spence said. "He's very strong, fast and physical. Colin, when I watched him coming out of high school he made a lot of plays. It's going to be a lot of fun having a competition to see who gets the most turnovers, something like that."

Spence is hoping this team can make it to a major bowl game this season.

Last season was his first time experiencing a loss in over four years – he never lost at Miami Northwestern High School.

"It was tough," Spence said. "But you have to crawl before you walk."

* Spence says he played last season at 205 pounds and that now he's weighing between 212 and 214 pounds.

* Spence spoke about first-year defensive coordinator John Lovett.

"He's a cool guy," Spence said. "You can go in his office, have a regular conversation with him. He's a good teacher. In the film room he breaks it down, makes sure we have every detail down pat."

Spence said of the overall defensive scheme that "Once you catch onto the defense it just clicks. It might seem like a lot, but it's really not. It's coming along well. The spring was big, picking up the defense. We're coming along well."

* Spence spoke about quarterback Jacory Harris – the two played high school ball together.

"He's a great leader," Spence said. "He showed that in some games (last year), brought us back from behind. (At Miami Northwestern) he was a leader on and off the field. Jacory likes the pressure, likes to be in the spotlight, the ball in his hands and he has to go down and score a touchdown. He lives for things like that.

"He's a little skinny quarterback. People say he can't throw. He proved everybody wrong. I remember his first game playing Booker T. (Washington), we lost eight starters (to suspension). He had to step up, that was his first game starting. He led us (to a win). He was taking control of the offense to win a big game.

Spence says Harris also likes to talk trash to the defense, saying the offense can't be stopped.

"Me and him were going at it the other day," Spence said.

Spence also recalled an early nickname the team gave Harris.

"We used to call him `Heart attack,'" Spence said. "He got a strain in his chest or something, it was like he had a heart attack. They had to take him off the field (with an ambulance waiting), and ever since then we called him `Heart attack.'"

* Spence described former basketball player Jimmy Graham, who is now playing football and participating in 7-on-7's, as a "tree."

"I think he's going to be good," Spence said. "He's already physical, has a big body. He's aggressive, has big hands, strong hands. He fits right in."
 7 years ago '04        #5642
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
Posted by ESPN.com's Heather Dinich

Miami quarterback Jacory Harris was available to reporters today and he was kind enough to speak with me on the phone for a bit. He has truly taken ownership of this team and seems to have matured a lot since this time a year ago. It seems to have made a world of difference now that there isn't any question about whose job it is.

Here are the highlights of our conversation:

Tell me a little bit about how things have gone with coach Whipple. What's your relationship been like, and what kind of an impact has he had on you so far?

JH : So far our relationship has been going good. He's like a father figure to me. He's somebody I can call and talk to about anything I want. That's kind of surprising, because we just met this spring. We have fun with each other. He's always on me about things. He wants me to watch all the film, and make sure I'm doing the right stuff. No matter if you complete a pass he wants it perfect. He wants everything perfect and the way it needs to be.

What have you learned from him? What has he taught you that might be a little different? Has he fixed anything technique-wise?

JH: Yes, he's got me throwing with my hips more instead of using arm strength. I'm using my hips to get more velocity on the ball. It hasn't changed much, but it helps me out a lot.

How excited are you about getting on the field in that first game and just executing this offense? So many people are talking about it, there's such a buzz around it.

JH: Yeah, there is a buzz, but that's something I'm not worried about. I just want to do things for the team, and I'm very excited to get out there and play Florida State Sept. 7. I can't wait for it. It's something that we've been working hard this whole summer to get to and we'll be there.

I heard from a pretty reliable source at Miami that after the Emerald Bowl, you got on the bus, and you said something. Do you remember? Do you know what I'm talking about?

JH: I know what you're talking about, but I can't remember.

Did you apologize?

JH: Yeah, I was apologizing to the seniors. I felt like even though people were telling me I didn't blow the game by the fumble I felt like I still could've made something happen. Even though I didn't know the guy came and hit me, I still felt like it was my fault. I didn't want nobody else to feel like it was their fault. I'm the type of person that, I take blame on everything. I could throw a good ball and they drop it, I say it's my fault.

I thought that that was the point when you took ownership of the team. I thought you might have said you're going to do something for next year.

JH: Yeah, I told them next year won't be like this. I refuse to go through anything like that last year. I felt like we had a good team, we just didn't put it all together. Now we have all the pieces. It's only right that we have a successful season.

How much different has this offseason been for you knowing that you're the starter this year?

JH: It made me a lot more comfortable. I know I have to work harder, but at the same time I know there are certain things that now I can take more chances. I can have more fun. Last year I would have to either keep us up or f!ght us back. When you put me in those two predicaments, it's kind of strange, when you have to f!ght to stay up and f!ght to come back. Basically I was in the role as the savior.

What did you learn from that role, though? Do you feel like you can handle any situation now?

JH: I feel like I can handle any situation. There was certain games were I felt like I wanted to play more and I felt like I could've helped the team win some games we lost, but at the same time I knew this was a team game and I would never point any fingers or blame anybody on anything. I learned I could always get better. Maybe I need to do something else to be that person to get better and help the team.

What are you looking forward to most about Whipple's scheme particularly? What will it allow you to do? How will it allow you to flourish?

JH: The offense will allow me to flourish because it gets me under center. I'm not thinking about the NFL right now, but at the same time we play football to make it to that next level. It helps you get to that next level instead of being in shotgun all day like teams such as Texas Tech, you could get a grasp of what you're going to learn at the next level and also be successful in college football.

How are your receivers looking? Are you guys going to narrow that group down a little bit?

JH: We really don't have to narrow it down because all of them are competing with each other. We've got to find the ones that are going to be the starters, and that's going to be a hard task for our coaches. All of our receivers are competing for that job, and they're doing a heck of a job.

I gotta ask you this question. You have so much talent, but good grief, that schedule is just brutal. What's your mindset on that?

JH: Uh, I didn't know we had a tough schedule.

Ha, yeah, you lie like a rug.

JH: (Laughs). We take it one game at a time. We're not really worried about the first four games. We're worried about all the games, but we're working for Florida State right now. You can't be the best worrying about teams later on down the line.
 7 years ago '04        #5643
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
Defensive tackle Allen Bailey played last year at 283 pounds.

Now he says he's weighing between 289 and 294 pounds.

"This is a pretty ideal size, about 290," Bailey said. "It's a pretty good weight for me."

The increased mass is all the better to adjust to his new defensive tackle position [he came in as a linebacker and played mostly defensive end last year].

"It was a little rough start (this spring), but I got used to it after a couple of weeks," Bailey said. "It's another position change. The toughest thing would be double-teams, but once I get used to that (it'll be fine). I hope to continue (this fall) where I left off (this spring)."

Bailey said technique was a big focus in his transition from end to tackle.

"It's somewhat easier (now)," he said. "We're working on what we picked up in spring time."

Bailey was asked if he feels maybe fans haven't seen the real Allen Bailey, since he's switched positions twice and was held back by injury last fall.

"I've had a good summer, no injuries," Bailey said. "I should have a good time this year, really show myself out."

What would make a successful season for this team, in Bailey's opinion?

"The ACC (title) first, and a BCS bowl," Bailey said. "Anything short would be a great disappointment."

* Of the Canes' daunting early season schedule, Bailey said, "We'll take it game by game, prepare a great game plan going into the game. It should be a little test. We'll be fine.

"It tests you, but it should be a lot of fun."

* Of first-year defensive coordinator John Lovett, Bailey said, "His coaching style is attack. There's no dropping. It's let the defensive line do what they do.

"His style, I'm cool with his style. He made it simple for defensive linemen so they can go out there and have fun."

Of the defensive playbook, Bailey said, "It's similar things, different names, but less complex."

Asked how much emphasis coaches are putting on stopping the run, Bailey said, "It'll be more when camp starts up. The spring, we had a pretty good showing stopping the run."

The defense returns veterans Randy Phillips, Eric Moncur and Colin McCarthy from injury.

"That brings a lot of experience, extra talent – plus the new guys," Bailey said.

* Of the mood of the team, Bailey said. "There's a lot of excitement. It's a bunch of young guys, bunch of old guys. It should be fun."

* Of newly arrived DE Dyron Dye, Bailey said, "We haven't done much yet. He's athletic, another athletic end."

* Bailey is working at left tackle with Joe Joseph, Curtis Porter and Luther Robinson. At right tackle is Marcus Forston, Josh Holmes, Micanor Regis and Jeremy Lewis.

Working at left end are Eric Moncur, Gavin Hardin, Andrew Smith and Steven Wesley . The right ends are Adewale Ojomo Marcus Robinson, Dyron Dye and Olivier Vernon.

"We should have a nice rotation," Bailey said. "We shouldn't be too winded. It should be a lot of competition to see who starts, who is in the rotation."
 7 years ago '04        #5644
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
Preview: NCAA Football 10

NCAA Football 10 (Xbox 360)

Review for Canespace.com

By bg1906, Canespace.com Video Game Analyst

July 14, 2009

Introduction

What’s good Legion! Guess who’s back??? Once again, it’s ya boy Canespace.com video game analyst, bg1906 here, and as you already know, I’m going to be bringing you the goods for EA Sports’ NCAA Football 10. I have been playing this game since Friday, and I have had an opportunity to really go through the various features of the game, and give them a good look over. Here are my findings and impressions. Before I get started, I’d like to remind you guys that my weapon of choice is the Xbox 360, so the review is geared towards that platform, but PS3 fans need not feel left out, as the game mechanics and unfortunately the problems with this year’s game are also shared between both next gen formats of the game.

Initial Impressions

If any of you read my review last year, you’ll remember that I was pretty hard on NCAA 09. However, that was pre-patch #2. After patch #2, NCAA 09 was one helluva enjoyable game. With that said, this year, the game is also a winner in the game play department. There are the few customary nuisances with animations, injuries, penalties, the new camera, and micro-transactions all at times makes playing more difficult than it has to be, but overall the game play is pretty solid, and in many ways an improvement over NCAA 09. However, the difficulty has been ramped up a bit in the higher levels (All-American and Heisman), and if you played a lot of NCAA 09 like I did, you will have to adjust to NCAA 10, because though similar, it plays a bit differently than NCAA 09. Things that worked well in NCAA 09, don’t always translate to success in NCAA 10.

Game Features and Modes

EA really made some great improvements to several of the games modes this year in NCAA 10, while also incorporating a few new options as well. The modes and features include:

* Play Now
* Dynasty
* Road to Glory featuring Erin Andrews (A revamped Campus Legend)
* Mini-Games
* Mascot Games
* Online Dynasty
* Season Showdown
* TeamBuilder (Create-a-team)

Of the new features, the coolest one is probably TeamBuilder. With TeamBuilder, you can create your own team with customizable logos and field, etc via a web application (). Here you customize everything from custom logos, to field type, to stadium, even down to rosters and team colors. Then you can download the team for use in the game. As is always the case with EA Sports, it works really well in concept, but does have a few slight short comings. You are only limited to 2 custom logos, and the stadium you select, other than the field, still has the branding of the team whose stadium you chose. What that means is that if you choose, say Wake Forest’s stadium, you will see WF on the buildings, or it’ll say Wake Forest wherever the stadium is branded. Also the cheerleaders shown in the cut scenes will not have on your team colors, but the team colors of the team whose stadium you have selected. However, on the actual playing field itself, you can add 1 or both of your custom logos.

A natural progression for this feature will be to include a custom stadium builder, as well as the ability to add text to jerseys. Lets hope we get that next year.

As a lover of playing online, my favorite mode is Online Dynasty. Introduced in NCAA 09, online dynasty was a HUGE success, as it allowed you to take the helm of a team versus up to 11 other players. As the game progressed season by season, you competed against those other players as well as the CPU for recruits (complete with negative recruiting, they call it competitive recruiting) and championships. However, a huge disappointment with online dynasty was that if the teams were from different conferences, it was possible that you would NEVER play ANY of the other 11 people in your online dynasty unless they were in your conference.

New to NCAA 10 is Custom Conferences. Now you can swap out teams and create a true super conference. So if you want to put Miami in the SEC , you can do that now, or if you want to put Notre Dame in the Big 10 or ACC, you can do that now as well. Par the course, the online dynasty is owned by a commissioner who sets up the dynasty and controls all the settings, the pace of the league, etc. Users play a mixture of cpu and human opponents as well as recruit against human and cpu opponents. At years end the whole bowl game system is implemented as well as award winners (Heisman, etc). Already a huge hit, online dynasty should be now be even more fun than it was in NCAA 09, and with the advent of custom conferences, a lot of strictly online guys, like me, will spend a lot of time playing online dynasty, and it should keep us all entertained until NCAA 11.

Presentation

EA has wanted for sometime to really capture the atmosphere of college football, after all, it is the atmosphere, passion, and pageantry that make college football so unique. To do this, they’ve added a new band feature at the beginning of the game that shows the band making several formations that spell out say NCAA 10 or Victory. While this is subtle, and nothing really big, it is a nice little reminder that this is a college game, and not the NFL. Also back are Mascot TD celebrations and Stadium Sounds. As you may remember, I was a HUGE fan of Stadium Sounds last year as it REALLY adds to the atmosphere of the game. What happens with Stadium Sounds is that you can create your own custom sounds for in-game use and each sound is a.ssigned to play when particular events take place. For example, say you are playing as our beloved Canes, and after a sack you want to hear the Imperial March/Darth Vader Theme the Band of The Hour plays after the Canes register a sack. Well now you can. Saving your custom Imperial March Audio file to the hard drive of your console, you can now a.ssign that custom sound to play when ever the Canes get a sack. There are 20+ different events sounds can be a.ssigned too, and they actually work very well in-game. They blend in with the crowd, and actually make for a more interesting game.

For all you Canes fans like me, you can download my custom Stadium Sounds for The U at . These currently are using the same sound set as last year, but I will be updating these once the season starts.

Graphically EA has also stepped up the game and the game is actually probably the best looking NCAA ever. In game, it is much the same, but in the cut scenes, you’ll notice the player models look a great deal better. You do get a few weird things, as is normal, where players can walk through the stadium walls etc. But they are to be expected now and don’t really take away from the game as they happen few and far between. The Weather Channel feature is back, as well as a ton of new football related animations. With the Weather Channel feature, if you have your console online, whenever you play a game and you have the Weather Channel option selected, the game will set the weather conditions to the current conditions of that particular city where the game is being played. So if it is rainy in Miami , you are playing as the Canes, and select the Weather Channel feature, then you can expect to be playing in the rain on the game as well.

Everything isn’t all peaches and cream however, as EA made one glaring mistake in the presentation department. Every year, a group of dedicated gamers, guys like Fairdale Kings, actually go in and edit the default rosters for all 100+ teams in the game. This is a daunting task as each team is initially released with only numbers. So Javarris James for instance, initially appears in game as RB #5. In years past, once the roster guys had edited all the names, the NCAA gaming community would download and install the rosters, and would enjoy having the commentators in the game say James picks up 5 yds rather that this RB #5 for a gain of 5. However due to a bug/snafu, the rosters were WRONG and some teams didn’t have any freshman on the team, or seniors that graduated still appeared on team rosters. They have released a corrected roster now, and it can be accessed via the EA Locker (gamer tag: eascncaa10). However, I’m sure you all will want the named rosters. I have been working with Fairdale Kings to make sure that the Canes roster is 100% accurate. He has ensured me that he will be using my roster information for Miami so Canes fans can be sure that the rosters will represent The U accurately.

However, once his rosters are complete, I will make sure all the Canes are correct, with correct city, states, and equipment edits. At that time, I will let you guys know and you can download it from me via the EA Locker (gamer tag: bg1906). One good thing about the new roster fix is that it included a few more freshmen on the roster. The newly added freshmen are:

* QB #19 - AJ Highsmith
* TE #42 - Stephen Plein (change to #82)
* RG #67 - Malcolm Bunche (change to #77)
* DE #93 - Olivier Vernon (change to #35)
* DT #59 - Luther Robinson (change to #93)

There should also be a patch out soon to turn off the ability for players to buy DLC (micro-transactions) that will give them additional pipeline states, recruiting information, etc in online dynasties. Other than that, the presentation is spot on, and while the presentation of the game is phenomenal, it is in the game play department that most people are interested in.
 7 years ago '04        #5645
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
Game Play

The most important part of any video game after all the nice graphics and presentations is the game play. You can wrap it up all nice and pretty, but if the game play is lacking, then the game is essentially a failure. Here is a quick run down on game play.

The Good

* WR/DB interaction – DBs actually do a WAY better job in defending the pass. You will have to use football strategy to understand where and when a player should be open and then getting them the ball. This is especially true on the higher difficulty levels where the DBs play HELLACIOUS defense.

* QB running ability – Gone are the days of the slow QB in the pocket. Your QB now has the ability to run full speed from the jump. No more staying in the passing position trying to dodge a sack, you can actually scramble now!

* Adaptive AI – No more playing guys that run the same 2 or 3 plays. The AI now adapts to what you are doing, and if you don’t vary your play calling the defense will TEE OFF ON YOU.

* Defensive Line – Now the defensive line will knock down passes and use a variety of moves to get off blocks and too the QB

* Game speed – The game seems to play a bit faster now and the actual in-game speed of players seems legit. No more prodding TEs that can’t run. Guys can run, just really fast guys can now REALLY RUN.

* Strategy – You now have the ability to strategize on the fly. You can set up for your team to have specific offensive and defensive keys, and you can set it up so that these are aggressive, normal, or conservative. It is a true risk/reward system, as if you set say, aggressive pass defense, you can look to also incur more pass interference penalties. While gimmicky, so far it doesn’t seem over done, and it provides another unique change in the core NCAA game play. I think it’s a bit over the top, but I like it none the less.

The Bad

* Dynamic Camera – This is a personal pet peeve of mine, and this may not actually be a bad thing once I adjust to the game, but right now, I hate the way the camera dynamically changes during certain aspects of the game (motion for instance). I understand what they were trying to accomplish by giving gamers a holistic view of what is going on, but it takes some getting used too.

* Injuries – They are prevalent and seem to happen to often for my liking.

* Penalties – On Heisman they seem to ALWAYS k!ll you on a good play. For instance, I was playing the ‘Turds and there was 1 second left in a game they were winning by 2 pts. They burn all their TOs to “ice” me, but it failed, as I was the home team. I hit the game winner, and what do you know HOLDING; FG nullified, game over. I couldn’t count how many penalties k!lled big plays for me. Penalties are real, and as EA says, if its in the game, its in the game, but the frequency is a bit much.

* AI cheats – On the higher levels, the AI will BURN you. I anticipate that this will be less of an issue as players get better, but in the beginning, especially on the higher levels, YOU WILL TAKE YOUR LUMPS. So PRACTICE UP!

* Micro-Transactions – A money making venture obviously, and in my opinion, just not needed. It just creates new ways for dishonest gamers to CHEAT.

Conclusion

Everything else is pretty much stat quo for the series, and is pretty much what we’ve come to expect from NCAA. While the game has a few minor issues, it is a great game. I really like NCAA 09 post-patch #2 so it is too early to say if I like NCAA 10 better or NCAA 09 post-patch #2 better. I anticipate, after a lot of labbing and getting better, I will end up liking NCAA 10 better, and it is a very good game in its own right. Not perfect, as few games are, but a quality football game none the less, that will give fans of the series plenty of entertainment throughout the year. You will need to practice/lab a bit with this one though. No immediate domination on the higher levels, and honestly that is a good thing. The game will make you truly earn your victories on the higher levels when playing against good opponents. I really like NCAA Football 10, so I give the game a Canespace grade of A-.

Overall Grade: A- (4 out of 5)

The U

As we’ve grown accustomed too lately, the Canes aren’t ranked on the game, the developers still realize however that we are STILL MIAMI, and for that reason have given us some pretty good rankings. Overall we are ranked a B+, with a B+ on Offense, a B+ on defense, and an A- on special teams.

On offense the impact players are Jacory Harris and Aldarius Johnson, and the highest rated player on the team is team captain Jason Fox. Matt Bosher is also listed as an All-American. On defense, the impact player is Randy Phillips, and while I like Randy Phillips, I am PISSED that Sean Spence was not listed as an impact player. Funny thing is, on FSWho’s roster, Nigel Bradham is an impact player. Hey EA, ummmmmmm Nigel didn’t win ACC Rookie of the Year, Sean Spence did….Go Figure!

Anyways, Coop is Coop and is listed as the starter. He has good speed in the game (93) and has a very high elusive ranking. What that means is that Graig Cooper is a BEAST in space! Baby J is listed as his back up. He’s bigger and more physical than Coop in the game, and it’s a toss up based on your playing style who you will decide to start. Other RBs are: Lee Chambers, Lamar Miller (listed as #7 at UM will wear #27), and Mike James (listed as #20 at UM will wear #22). At QB we have Jacory Harris as the starter and Taylor Cook is the back up. Cannon Smith is third string, while AJ Highsmith pulls up the rear. They have Aldarius Johnson and Travis Benjamin as the starting WRs with Thearon Collier as the #3 WR in the slot. The #4 WR spot goes to Laron Byrd, followed by Tommy Streeter, Leonard Hankerson, Davon Johnson, and lastly Kendal Thompkins. Dedrick Epps starts at TE with Richard Gordon as the #2 TE, Billy Sanders the #3, and Stephen Plein the #4 (listed as #42 at UM will wear #82).

At FB, only Patrick Hill made the game. On the O-Line, starters on the default roster are: Jason Fox, Orlando Franklin, Harland Gunn, Joel Figueroa, and Matt Pipho. Other notable O-Lineman in the game are: Brandon Washington, Ian Symonette, Tyler Horn, AJ Trump, Malcolm Bunche (listed as #67 at UM was going to wear #77 before having to go to prep school), and Ben Jones.

Defensively, on the default rosters, the big boys up front feature Marcus Robinson and Eric Moncur on the Ends, and Joe Joseph and Marcus Forston in the middle. Other D-Lineman on the game are: Steven Wesley, Courtney Harris, Adawale Ojomo, Olivier Vernon (listed as #93 at UM will wear #35), Gavin Hardin, Andrew Smith, Allen Bailey, Josh Holmes, Curtis Porter, Luther Robinson (listed as #59 at UM will wear #93), and Micanor Regis. Our starting LBs on the default roster are: Colin McCarthy, Darryl Sharpton and Sean Spence. Also featured in the LB group are: Arthur Brown (he’s a beast and rated only 1 pt lower than Darryl Sharpton, so I start him), Kylan Robinson, Jordan Futch, and Ramon Buchanan (they dogged Futch and Cookie with their ratings).

In the secondary on the default rosters are Randy Phillips and Ryan Hill at SS and FS respectively, and DVD and Chavez Grant at CB. Depth is provided by Brandon Harris, Brandon McGee (listed as #27 at UM will wear #21), Prince Kent (listed as #22 at UM was going to wear #33 before grade issues), Sam Shields, Ray Ray Armstrong (highest rated freshman on them team with 82 OVR), Vaughn Telemaque (listed as a SS, I moved him to FS, and he doesn’t drop in rating which is only marginal at only an 83 OVR), and Jared Campbell (listed as #39 at UM he wears #37. Also wrong they have him with the wrong weight, they have him 6’0 215. His true height and weight is 6’0 205).

On special teams, Jake Wieclaw is the kicker, while Matt Bosher is the punter in the default rosters. Funny thing is, on the default depth chart, Bosher does all the kicking. Graig Cooper is the punt returner, and Coop and The Blur from Belle Glade (Benjamin) are at KR.

If anyone is interested in my depth chart recommendations, visit my write up for MaddenMatrix at .

Well Legion there it is, hope you enjoy it and that it helps you. I’ll look forward to seeing some of you online, as well as seeing you guys here at Canespace. In a few weeks, after I’ve spent some more time with the game, I’ll follow this review up with tips and strategies for maximizing your use of the Canes NCAA Football 10. Until then, remember….

It’s All About The U and Go Canes!

bg1906 (bgaylor@gmail.com)

C.C.M.J.T.K.O.
 7 years ago '06        #5646
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,579 | Props total: 11962 11962

1. Miami -- No doubt this is the deepest group in the ACC, and it comes with a wide-range of abilities. Seven freshmen were introduced last season, and five of them -- Travis Benjamin, LaRon Byrd, Aldarius Johnson, Thearon Collier and Davon Johnson -- scored touchdowns. Both Tommy Streeter (wrist surgery) and Kendall Thompkins (shoulder surgery) redshirted last year but should be factors this fall. Leonard Hankerson, a junior, is the veteran of the group.

:dancingcool::applause:
 7 years ago '04        #5647
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
man i'm tellin yall ray ray is gonna be a goddamn PROBLEM, that n*gga is too raw not to see the field this year
 7 years ago '04        #5648
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
UM Turns Down Gore Commitment
Jul. 17, 2009

By: Rudy Rodriguez-Chomat

Jakhari Gore has his commitment to UM turned down Friday afternoon.
MIAMI, Fla. -- Columbus running back Jakhari Gore was finally ready to pull the trigger. He was finally ready to make the decision and give his commitment. He was finally ready to call Miami recruiting coordinator Clint Hurtt and let him know he was ready to become a University of Miami Hurricane and commit to the “U” Friday afternoon.

He was ready for all of these things, and then Hurtt told him something that he knew was a possibility, but really couldn’t have truly expected.

Miami turned him down. Miami rejected the cousin of former Miami running back Frank Gore. Miami said no to a player who has been a Hurricane all his life. Miami said no to a player it offered a scholarship to on September 1st, 2008, the first day it could officially offer scholarships to juniors. Miami said no to a player that has produced to the highest degree on the highest level. Back-to-back 1,100-plus yard seasons at Columbus High School leading his teams to a 20-2 record over the past two seasons, both losses coming to Northwestern. He also earned 1st Team All-Dade honors as a junior.

That rejection ruined his mother’s birthday present as Gore said he wanted to make his commitment on her birthday as a present to her. Now, he has to explore other options even if he doesn’t want to.

“Yeah, it messed up the birthday, sort of,” Gore said.

So why did Miami say no to Gore?

“They want me,” Gore said. “Coach Hurtt told me they want me real bad. They (Hurtt and Randy Shannon) were talking about it yesterday. They were saying they were filled up right now. They want me real bad now. He said they are going to have to talk about things and see what to do, but they want me.”

Gore said he spoke to Frank Gore after he was told Miami was full. He said Frank told him to keep his head up and that he wasn’t totally surprised because Miami had already picked up a couple of commitments in the backfield although one is projected as a fullback. However, with only one of the commitments being projected as a running, it makes it odd that Gore would be rejected.

However, there are other running backs in Booker T.’s Eduardo Clements and St. Thomas’ Giovanni Bernard who the ‘Canes are said to like a lot, and who project as every down backs in college while Gore is projected as a change of pace back and a player who could end up returning kicks and playing slot receiver.

“No he (Frank) wasn’t surprised. He and coach Hurtt were talking about the same things that coach Hurtt told me,” Gore said. “I knew they were filling up. It wasn’t surprising.”

At the same time, there is no doubt that although Gore said he wasn’t surprised, if he really believed that Miami was full, he wouldn’t have called Hurtt to commit Friday afternoon and endure this disappointment.

“I am good. I got other schools to look at. I got to respect their (Miami’s) call. At least they didn’t bull job me. As long as he (Hurtt) was straight with me I respect his call,” Gore said. “He (Hurtt) told me he had spoken to Frank about it and that I should have pulled the trigger earlier. Frank told me I should have been pulled on that, but Frank told me, you are young and you got everything real about you.”

Although Gore has plenty of schools that still have offers on the table for him, the rejection of his childhood dream school has to hurt. Gore sent Shannon a message through an InsideTheU.com interview early in his sophomore year at Columbus that he would be a Hurricane. He always expressed the desire to be a Hurricane from day one. However, he did want to experience the recruiting process which is why he didn’t make a hasty decision and commit on September 1st, 2008, when the ‘Canes offered him a scholarship.

Frank even told him he should go through the recruiting process. It now appears that the decision to do that has hurt Gore’s chances of becoming a Hurricane. It’s the same reason Gore said that he is not going to start looking at other schools officially until Hurtt calls him back in the next few days to let him know if there is any room for him at UM.

“I am just going to wait for coach Hurtt to call me back and go from there,” Gore said. “He said he’d call me in a day or two and let me know the deal. I really didn’t say much.”
 7 years ago '05        #5649
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
excuse me?? wtf you mean we turn down gore
 7 years ago '04        #5650
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
whaaaaaaaaaatt the f***???

even if they dont want the kid, what the f***??

Shannon, get prepared to get f***ing split by the media thanks to your dumbass ego...
 7 years ago '05        #5651
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,654 | Props total: 3750 3750
According to UM's official recruiting site Columbus RB Jahkari Gore was ready to make his commitment to the Canes but when he called in to officially commit he was turned down by canes coaches.

damn you n*ggaz cold blooded...if this n*gga goes to Miami now,, he a b****....if FSU said no to me i'd shoot the whole school up, go to prison for life, dig a tunnel and become an accountant

Last edited by Junior G; 07-18-2009 at 01:32 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #5652
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,789 | Props total: 1391 1391
its nothing wrong with thad...dude is like 5-8 maybe 175 lbs....he's small and we are looking at other options...at least we kept it 100.
 7 years ago '04        #5653
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
i'd be more pissed about not getting gore if the 2010 class wasnt so deep with good running backs

but the staff better know what theyre doing

i'll be heated if the lil n*gga ends up in gainesville, west virginia or michigan and beasts
 7 years ago '04        #5654
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
Northwestern wins 7-on-7 Nike event!

It's a program that has gotten used to winning big games, and less than two years removed from capturing a national championship, the Northwestern Bulls showed an impressive group of teams the last two days of Nike Football's second annual "7ON7" football tournament at the Nike Headquarters in Beaverton, Oregon, that they are still up for the challenge.

Led by tournament MVP Teddy Bridgewater, who is the Miami Herald's No. 1 Class of 2011 junior in the state, the Bulls defeated DeSoto, Texas, 34-23, to end the event with a perfect 5-0 mark and bring yet another national title back to the Sunshine State.

While 7-on-7 may not be the football that many are used to, it still is a national championship that Lakeland, the Bulls and St. Thomas Aquinas have enjoyed over the past four years, showing Sunshine State dominance.
florida football runs shyt
 7 years ago '05        #5655
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,654 | Props total: 3750 3750
Pahokee DB Raheam Buxton just committed to Miami.

ehhh i'm not sure he is good enough to go to Miami...but atleast he's a Pahokee boy
 7 years ago '04        #5656
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 Junior G said:
Pahokee DB Raheam Buxton just committed to Miami.

ehhh i'm not sure he is good enough to go to Miami...but atleast he's a Pahokee boy
from what i read he was k!lling it in 7-on-7's and making plays left and right

i'll reserve judgment til i see some of his film
 7 years ago '04        #5657
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,789 | Props total: 1391 1391
 madness said:
i'd be more pissed about not getting gore if the 2010 class wasnt so deep with good running backs

but the staff better know what theyre doing

i'll be heated if the lil n*gga ends up in gainesville, west virginia or michigan and beasts
thats the thing....he fits though type of offenses better than he would fit Whipples. Most of the backs we started recruiting since Whipple has been here have been pretty big to what we have been taking in the past few years. Gore could be good out of that spread offense but thats not what we doing here.
 7 years ago '04        #5658
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 C.R.I.P. said:
thats the thing....he fits though type of offenses better than he would fit Whipples. Most of the backs we started recruiting since Whipple has been here have been pretty big to what we have been taking in the past few years. Gore could be good out of that spread offense but thats not what we doing here.
my only worry is that WE dont even know what it is that whipple is doing - at least not yet.

whipple hasnt coached colllege ball in a decade and no one knows yet if his offense will be effective. from all we've heard and read, the guy knows what he's doing....but until we actually see what his offense is about then we're still lost.

talent like gore's is tough to pass up on, especially when the kid was born with orange and green in his veins. but hey, you cant get em all.
 7 years ago '04        #5659
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Buxton Commits to the "U"
Jul. 18, 2009

By: InsideTheU.com Staff

Raheam Buxton
Pahokee safety Raheam Buxton committed to the University of Miami today.

Buxton (6-0, 165) received an offer from Miami after a strong performance during his spring game in which he had an interception and eight tackles.

"When I went down for my unofficial visit last week it was like home. I saw all the NFL players come back and the alumni coming back and they work out there. I spent some time with Jacory Harris and Randy Phillips. I just felt like home," Buxton said.

Buxton said he made the decision after playing in the Nike 7ON in Oregon this past week, although the trip didn't go the way Pahokee would have liked. The team was sent home after day one even though they went 2-1 the first day. He said he didn't know why his team was sent home from Oregon.

"I made the decision when we were coming home from Oregon," Buxton said. "The Nike people accused us of some things, but I don't know what they were cause the coaches didn't tell us yet."

Buxton is the cousin of former Miami running back James Jackson and has always dreamed about playing for UM.

Buxton is planning on taking his five official visits though even though he says he is committed to Miami.

"I am going to take all five official visits and just to go through the recruiting process and have a little fun. I am going to visit Tennessee, Purdue, Western Michigan, Southern Miss and Miami," Buxton said.

He did confirm that he will be enrolling in the Spring.

"I am going to enroll in the Spring," Buxton said.

Buxton played sparingly during his junior season. At UM, Buxton is expected to be a versatile defensive back that can play safety and come up and cover the slot receiver if he needs to.

"I will play a little of both, it doesn't really matter. It doesn't matter to me, corner or safety. I am going to do my best to help the team win a National Championship with Jacory Harris leading the way," Buxton said.

He did say that getting back on the field felt great in the Spring after missing most of his junior year.

"It felt very good to get back on the field. I feel like we played very good (against Boyd Anderson) cause we only had 28 players that dressed out and it was a real muddy gam. We played a really good game," Buxton said.

The Canes now have 11 pledges, including six ESPNU 150 Watch List prospects.

Buxton joins DTs Todd Chandler and Louis Nix, OLs Tavadis Glenn, Jonathan Feliciano, and Shane McDermott, RB Darion Hall, FB Maurice Hagens, LBs Javarie Johnson and Kevin Nelson, and CB Jeremy Davis as the commitments for the Miami class of 2010.
 7 years ago '04        #5660
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
A peek inside the University of Miami's football huddle

University of Miami quarterback Jacory Harris was saying last week that when he is 'in the community, people are like, `You have to lead us to a championship.' It's like I'm a savior. I flourish off of pressure.''

Fortunately for UM, the most important offensive position is settled and stable, with Harris the starter and Taylor Cook the likely backup. But other intriguing battles loom. A sneak peek at the rest of the offense, with practice opening Aug. 8:

• Receiver: Coach Randy Shannon said he wants to shorten the rotation, from eight to five or so, but that will be difficult. The UM staff believes Aldarius Johnson and LaRon Byrd can be dominating and love the toughness and escapability that Kendal Thompkins and Thearon Collier offer in the slot. Travis Benjamin is too explosive to keep off the field. So that's five there.

Coaches also believe they can extract more from Leonard Hankerson, who, according to his friend and Dolphins great Mark Duper, has been wearing a cast after injuring a hand playing football, but is expected back for the opener.

And don't forget Tommy Streeter, who red-shirted last year after wrist surgery, and Davon Johnson. Not only is Streeter UM's tallest receiver at 6-5, but ''people underestimate his speed,'' Harris said. ``It's going to be amazing watching him.''

Receivers coach Aubrey Hill has said Hankerson and Thompkins made the biggest improvement in the spring. Safety Randy Phillips said last week that Thompkins -- who missed the final 11 games last season because of a shoulder injury -- ``is one of the best playmakers on the team already.''

It will be interesting to see Hankerson's growth after working with Duper. ''He's going to catch every darn ball this season,'' Duper predicted. ''One of his problems was the positioning of his hands. How can you catch the ball if you have your thumbs down below your waist?'' Duper said Hankerson has corrected that: ``He's a very good listener.''

Indianapolis Colts and former UM receiver Reggie Wayne said Byrd has the most upside of the group, adding his skills compare favorably with Plaxico Burress'. Aldarius Johnson was ''sluggish in his routes last year, but not now,'' cornerback Chavez Grant said this offseason. Meanwhile, Shannon has challenged Benjamin to improve route running and not merely rely on speed.

Aldarius Johnson said this offseason that the receivers ``talk every day about being the best group that ever came though Miami.''

• Running back: UM hasn't had a 1,000-yard rusher since 2002 ( Willis McGahee), and Shannon wants that to change. Graig Cooper is the favorite to be the lead back, but the question is, can Cooper get the chance for a heavier workload? When Cooper is given at least 15 carries, UM's offense generally has been more productive. But in some games, he was underutilized.

Cooper, who has bulked up from 198 to 205 pounds, said coaches shouldn't worry about him wearing down. ''I've gotten faster,'' he said.

Although Javarris James has had a disappointing, injury-hampered career, cousin Edgerrin James said, ''Javarris hasn't had hunger like this since his first year. That may have been the thing that was missing.'' Look for Cooper and James to play together at times.

UM coaches have raved about early enrollee Mike James, who will battle fellow freshman Lamar Miller and returnees Lee Chambers and Damien Berry for any carries that do not go to Cooper and Javarris James. ''The guy everybody forgets about is Lee Chambers,'' Shannon said. ``He had a great bowl game and a great spring practice.''
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Best Twerking Vines
31 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
162 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
360 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside J Cole 4 Your Eyez Only Documentary! Drake Stans Come See a TRUE Hip Ho..
36 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Soulja Boy caught Pump faking he in Singapore but really in a ratcher ..
57 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
156 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 2 - Man who gunned down ex-NFL player in road rage case released wi..
142 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy