Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Woman makes husband lose it after convincing him she's adopted wild co..
39 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Shout out to my young bosses wifing boss bi-ches
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Las Vegas math teacher - smash or pass
48 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BREAKING: OAKLAND PARTY FIRE- death toll to reach up to 40, 9 people f..
42 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #5581
booie4 
space
space
$4,870 | Props total: 582 582
CanSport.com is breaking down each game the Canes will play this season. Game No. 1 is at Florida State Sept. 7.

GENERAL OVERVIEW

FSU has 13 starters returning - eight on offense and five on defense. Gone from a year ago are Greg Carr, Preston Parker, Antone Smith, Everette Brown, Neefy Moffett, Derek Nicholson, Toddrick Verdell, Tony Carter, Myron Rolle and kicker/punter Graham Gano.

Pre-season all-star candidates are OL Andrew Datko, Ryan McMahon and Rodney Hudson along with QB Christian Ponder, LB Dekoda Watson and CB Patrick Robinson.

Florida State finished last season 9-4 (5-3 in the ACC).

OFFENSE OVERVIEW

? With eight starters returning, the offense returns the most starters since the 2004 season when nine returned. That was the last season the Seminoles won 10 games.

? Players responsible for 71% of Florida State's points in 2008 will not be back in 2009. That is the lowest number of returning points in the conference.

? The ACC's top two scorers in 2008 were both Seminoles (Graham Gano and Antone Smith) and neither is back this season.

? The Seminoles finished last year ranked first in scoring offense and second in total offense and rushing offense in the ACC.

? FSU's rushing offense improved from 91st in the nation in 2007 to 33rd last season. That was the ninth best improvement of any BSC school.

DEFENSE OVERVIEW

? Over the past five seasons, Florida State's defense ranks 13th nationally in total defense.

? Mickey Andrews' defense lost six starters from the 2008 squad including projected first round draft pick Everette Brown (DE).

? In 2008 Andrews' defense led the nation in tackles for loss, was fourth in sacks, sixth in pass defense and 15th in total defense.

? The Seminoles led the nation in third down conversion defense last season.

? Florida State will need to replace all three of the team's leading tacklers from last season and three of the top four pass rushers (sacks).

THE MATCHUPS

The Canes' primary focus on defense in this game will be on containing QB Christian Ponder, who rushed for 423 yards in 2008 while throwing for 2,006 yards.

The FSU run game, while missing Antone Smith, will function behind a talented offensive line that returns all five starters - the last time that happened at FSU the team averaged 162 yards rushing. This game could certainly come down to a battle in the trenches.

Good news for Miami is that its somewhat thin DB corps won't have to deal with Greg Carr or Preston Parker, who are gone from the program. The top returning FSU receiver had just 23 catches last year.

Miami's offense will have the benefit of going up against a defense that is replacing some quality talent. Good news for Miami is that ends Everette Brown and Neefy Moffett are gone - but tackles Kendrick Stewart and Budd Thacker are a strong tandem that returns. So yes, it will be tough for the Canes to run the ball up the middle in this game.

The linebacker corps is inexperienced as top tacklers Derek Nicholson and Toddrick Vardell are gone. And in the secondary the Noles have lost corner Tony Carter and rover Myron Rolle, who combined to start 85 games.

So, overall, this will be an inexperienced defense playing in a big game as its opener. Jacory Harris & Co. will certainly be hoping for some busted coverages, and it just might happen.

These games have historically been strongly influenced by special teams play, and with Lou Groza Award winner Graham Gano graduating more good news is that FSU will have an inexperienced kicker who will have to deal with the pressure that always comes with a UM-FSU game.
 7 years ago '04        #5582
booie4 
space
space
CaneSport.com is breaking down each game the Canes will play this season. Game No. 2 is at home vs. Georgia Tech Sept. 17 at 7:30 p.m.

GENERAL OVERVIEW

In Paul Johnson's second season with the Yellow Jackets, the team returns 57 letterwinners and 17 starters from a young team that won nine games (9-4), tied for the ACC's Coastal Division title, played in a bowl game and finished in the top 25.

Tech returns almost every skill position player on offense and the majority of the linebacker and secondary units on defense. Despite returning a large number of players, the Yellow Jackets remain a young squad. There are only six scholarship seniors on the roster and there is a lack of depth at some positions.

The biggest question mark areas?

Tech must replace three starters on the defensive line, two starters on the offensive line and shore up a kicking game that struggled at times.

OFFENSE OVERVIEW

Headlining the list of offensive players returning in Georgia Tech's triple option attack is junior B-back Jonathan Dwyer, the 2008 ACC Player of the Year who led the league in rushing last season (1,395 yards, 12 rushing touchdowns). Other skill position players returning include junior quarterback Josh Nesbitt (1,501 total offense yards), sophomore A-back Roddy Jones (690 yards rushing, 155 yards receiving), junior A-back Lucas Cox (200 rushing yards), and junior wide receiver Demaryius Thomas (team-high 39 receptions, 627 yards).

Another potential impact player is Louisville transfer Anthony Allen, who rushed for 1,102 yards in two seasons for the Cardinals. He will give the Yellow Jackets a potent 1-2-3 punch in the backfield.

Nesbitt caused the Hurricanes fits last season - he started 11 games and is one of the ACC's top dual-threat quarterbacks.

Although the offensive line loses both starting tackles -- All-ACC Andrew Gardner and David Brown -- the Jackets return all five players who started the final five games of the season, paced by second team All-ACC guard Cord Howard. Senior center Dan Voss returns, but he sat out spring practice to recover from shoulder surgery.

Wide receiver was a thin position a year ago -- Tech was forced to start a freshman walk-on at Virginia Tech -- but junior Demaryius Thomas returns as one of the ACC's best wideouts. And Thomas will have more help this year with the return of sophomores Tyler Melton and Luke Fisher. Redshirt freshmen Quentin Sims and Daniel McKayhan are also expected to have roles.

DEFENSE OVERVIEW

Tech's biggest concern is the defensive line, where three senior All-ACC performers have departed for the NFL. Seniors Michael Johnson (DE), Darryl Richard (DT) and Vance Walker (DT) combined for 100 career starts and 100 tackles-for-loss. The only starter returning on the line is a good one, though -- junior DE Derrick Morgan, an honorable mention All-ACC selection.

Four players with multiple career starts return at linebacker -- senior Sedric Griffin, juniors Anthony Barnes and Brad Jefferson, and sophomore Kyle Jackson. Barnes and Jefferson endured injury-plagued sophomore seasons and are now 100 percent healthy.

The secondary loses veteran corner Jahi Word-Daniels, but returns second team All-American safety Morgan Burnett, juniors Mario Butler and Dominique Reese, and sophomores Rashaad Reid and Cooper Taylor.

Sophomore defensive back Jerrard Tarrant will also help out after being suspended for the entire 2008 season. He is in the mix to start at cornerback.

THE MATCHUPS

A year ago the Hurricanes simply couldn't stop the triple option rushing attack, allowing an incredible 472 yards. This year UM must hold its ground, fill gaps and not allow Dwyer, Nesbitt & Co. to break through for big gains. That is a major must if Miami is going to win this game. Everything will start up front for Miami - UM must win the battle at the line of scrimmage.

On offense the Canes should be able to run the ball against what will be an inexperienced group - having an early-season game against a team that lost three All-ACC linemen is a major positive for the Canes. And a successful run game will help open up the pass, so it's very important that Graig Cooper & Co. get untracked early.

In the kicking game junior Scott Blair is back for Georgia Tech after handling both kicking and punting. He struggled at times and it remains to be seen if he will hold onto the job.
 7 years ago '04        #5583
booie4 
space
space
CaneSport.com is breaking down each game the Canes will play this season. Game No. 3 is at Virginia Tech Sept. 26.

GENERAL OVERVIEW

Virginia Tech returns 17 starters from a team that won the Orange Bowl last year. Many are expecting this to be a team that competes for a national title, so the Canes will have their hands full in this game.

Virginia Tech finished last year 10-4 and won the ACC Coastal title, the second consecutive year the team did that. The Hokies lost to UM in their regular season meeting, 16-14. Miami holding the run game to 77 yards on 38 carries and limiting the passing game to 173 yards was a key to that win.

OFFENSE OVERVIEW

This is a ball-control offense, and the Hokies return almost all of their major threats on offense. Quarterback Tyrod Taylor is back for his junior season, and he's a dangerous threat throwing and running the ball - he had 1,774 total yards last season. Taylor eliminated a hitch in his throwing motion this off-season, so he should be even more dangerous this year. He was rated the conference's second-best quarterback this pre-season by Rivals.com.

The running game's top weapon, Darren Evans, also returns - he had 1,265 yards and 11 touchdowns last year as a freshman. Also back are the team's top two receivers - Jarrett Boykin and Danny Coale. Tight end Greg Boone, who is also a significant receiving target, is back.

On the line, the Hokies return three starters - tackles Ed Wang and Blake DeChristopher, and guard Sergio Render. Two new starters are Beau Warren at center and Jaymes Brooks at guard - both are relatively inexperienced, as Warren played in five games off the bench last year while Brooks played in three games, starting one.

DEFENSE OVERVIEW

Bud Foster has a group loaded with talent.

Virginia Tech always has a tough front line, and a couple of leaders for this group are tackle Cordarrow Thompson, a second-year starter, and end Jason Worilds, who had a team-high 17.5 tackles for losses last year. The team will miss end Orion Martin, who graduated, and will look for John Graves to help out at end and tackle.

At linebacker the team must replace two starters - Purnell Sturdivant and Brent Warren were the team's top two tacklers a year ago. Barquell Rivers and Jake Johnson will look to pick up the slack. Linebacker Cody Grimm is the team's top returning tackler - he had 71 tackles last year.

A big hit in the secondary was the loss of Victor Harris, who was a fifth-round NFL pick after grabbing six interceptions. Senior Stephan Virgil will try to pick up the slack on Harris's side - he had six interceptions last season starting on the opposite side.

THE MATCHUPS

As always, this is going to be a very physical game.

On defense, while Virginia Tech's offensive line has two new starters, it is a very deep position. The Cane front line is going to have to rotate in and out to stay fresh, and each player will have to give 100 percent effort every single snap if the Canes are going to win the line of scrimmage.

Keeping Virginia Tech's run game in check will be a tough task, and UM must make the Hokies one-dimensional in this game - allowing big chunks of passing yardage could spell disaster.

On offense Miami won't have many weaknesses to attack. Mark Whipple will need to rely on all of his innovative knowledge to take advantage of a defense that is fast and very aggressive.

On special teams, it appears Matt Waldron is leading in the race to tbe Hokies' kicker. He is a fifth-year senior who transferred in from Penn State, so it remains to be seen how effective he will be. The punter will be Brent Bowden, who is in his third year punting and is one of the ACC's better performers.
 7 years ago '04        #5584
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Glenn Responds to Negative Recruiting
Jul. 6, 2009

By: Nate Adelson

Cane commit Tavadis Glenn of Jacksonville’s Terry Parker High made the call back in April that his future plans included a ‘U’ on the side of his helmet.

Glenn (6-5, 270) has realized first hand that in this day and age, recruiting doesn’t stop just because you’ve verbally committed.

“Arkansas is coming at me real hard, Tennessee is sending me a lot of mail and they’re real high on me now I guess,” Glenn laughed. “Rutgers, Florida State is showing a little attention and Florida has been too. A lot of schools and recruiters don’t have my number so they just send me stuff in the mail.”

Glenn is also experiencing the negative recruiting that can come with an early commitment, but he’s not worried in the least bit.

“Each and every school will hate on whoever is going to Miami, they’re all just hating on us,” Glenn said. “I’m a Cane and I’m going to stay a Cane so they can all pull their offers. I always get that negative recruiting from Florida and Florida State.”

Glenn maintains he’s totally committed to Miami and he talked about his mother’s thoughts on his decision back in April.

“I’m one hundred percent with Miami but I want to enjoy the recruiting process though,” Glenn said. “My mom really didn’t want to have too much say in everything because it’s a business decision about preparing for the next four years of my life. She said to pick a school and coaches that I really wanted to play for, and I felt at home at Miami.”

On the high school front, Glenn had more big news as he will not be playing his final season at Terry Parker.

Glenn will be suiting up for Jacksonville Raines to form one of the best defensive fronts in the state along with Cane commit Louis Nix and 2011 prospect Chris Jones.

“Yea I’m going to be at Raines wearing a Raines uniform this year,” Glenn said. “I moved from my old district and I always wanted to play at Raines but it just so happens I’m going to the Raines district so I’m a Viking now.”

Glenn said that he is ahead of schedule with his recovery from a hairline fracture in his hip when he was hit by a car back in March.

“I’m actually recovering better than the average person because the doctor told me the bone came back together quicker than they thought,” Glenn said. “I don’t have a date for when I will be back but you all will know.”

Glenn still hasn’t seen Miami’s campus but he will be making his only visit of the summer to Coral Gables in the beginning of August along with Nix.

Glenn finished his junior season with 47 tackles, 6 sacks, and 2 forced fumbles from his defensive tackle spot.
 7 years ago '05        #5585
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,894 | Props total: 289 289
Coach: Randy Shannon (12-13 in two seasons). | Staff
In 2008: 7-6 overall, 4-4 in ACC (tied for third in ACC Coastal). Lost to California in the Emerald Bowl.
Returning starters: Offense: 6. Defense: 7. Special teams: 1. | Depth Chart
Final 2008 Rivals.com ranking: 44th. | Complete Final 2008 Rankings
Past four Rivals.com national recruiting rankings: 15th in 2009, 5th in '08, 19th in '07, 14th in '06.
2009 Breakdown: Offense | Defense | Special teams | Coaching | Schedule | Depth Chart

OFFENSE

THE SCHEME: The Hurricanes run a pro-set offense. They went three-wide at times last season, and under new coordinator Mark Whipple, we should see more of that this season. There is a large group of talented wide receivers and questions at tight end and fullback, so why not put more playmakers on the field?

Graig Cooper will shoulder a lot of the load for Miami.
STAR POWER: Junior RB Graig Cooper is a multi-talented guy. He has good speed, is an effective receiver and a solid return man. An injury to backup Javarris James meant Cooper was on the field too often last season and cut down on his impact. Expect to see both players on the field at the same time this season, as Cooper can be moved all over the place in an attempt to exploit mismatches. While Cooper has good speed, he also can be effective running up the gut. In short, he's a talented all-around back.

IMPACT NEWCOMER: Watch for redshirt freshman WR Kendal Thompkins. He played in the first two games last season before suffering a wrist injury that caused him to miss the rest of the season. Thompkins has good speed and can get deep, both needed dimensions in this offense. Plus, he played with new starting QB Jacory Harris in high school.

WATCH FOR HIM TO EMERGE: Harris started twice last season as a true freshman in the opener, a glorified scrimmage against Charleston Southern, and in the bowl game, which was a hard-fought loss to California in which the offense was shut down. Harris did play extensively as a backup, and the starting job is all his this season with the transfer of 11-game starter Robert Marve to Purdue. Harris will be asked to throw the ball downfield more under Whipple, who comes from the NFL. Harris needs to add bulk, but he has a good arm and mobility. He lacks a proven go-to receiver, but there are numerous candidates.

STRONGEST AREA: The receiving corps is unproven, but this has the makings of a deep and productive group. And they're almost all underclassmen. There are big, physical guys, such as junior Leonard Hankerson, sophomore Laron Byrd and redshirt freshman Tommy Streeter. There are smaller, quick guys, such as sophomores Travis Benjamin, Thearon Collier and Davon Johnson and Thompkins. There's also sophomore Aldarius Johnson, who is big and fast and may have the most upside of anybody in this group. A go-to receiver needs to emerge; while it's nice having a deep group of targets, it's also nice for a quarterback to have one guy he knows he can count on. Harris and Johnson were a potent pass-catch duo in high school at powerhouse Miami Northwestern. Miami had 22 touchdown passes last season, but no receiver caught more than 31 passes and the average completion was just 10.8 yards. There also is a deep group of running backs, headed by Cooper and James. In addition, there are two touted true freshmen Mike James, who enrolled early and went through spring ball, and Lamar Miller who could push their way into the playing-time picture.

BIGGEST PROBLEM: The line needs some work. Other than senior T Jason Fox, headed into his fourth season as a starter, no lineman stands out. Fox has started every game but one in his Miami career; he missed last season's victory over Virginia Tech with an injury. G Orlando Franklin has the talent to become an all-league player. The depth isn't good, and if Fox and/or Franklin is lost for any amount of time, trouble could ensue. Miami ran for just 129.2 yards per game last season, and the line's inconsistency was a major reason for the lack of production. Tight end is another potential trouble spot. Dedrick Epps suffered a severe knee injury in the Emerald Bowl loss to California and may miss the season. His replacement would be Richard Gordon, a senior who has done nothing in his college career.

GRADE: B

DEFENSE

THE SCHEME: The Hurricanes run a 4-3 set. UM has been known for its aggressive nature on defense for much of the past two decades, and that won't change with new coordinator John Lovett, who was hired off North Carolina's staff to replace Jim Young - who went to Oklahoma State. This still will be coach Randy Shannon's defense.

Miami will look for a breakout season from Marcus Forston.
STAR POWER: Sophomore LB Sean Spence is a star on the rise after a freshman All-America performance last season. He has excellent speed and is a hard hitter. Coaches will be looking for more big plays from him this season, and he has the talent and skill to come through in that regard.

IMPACT NEWCOMER: Look for true freshman Ray Ray Armstrong to get on the field this season; he's too good and too explosive not to play. Armstrong (6 feet 4/215 pounds) played both ways at Sanford (Fla.) Seminole, which won Florida's big-school state title. He was the starting quarterback on offense and played safety and linebacker on defense. He'll likely begin fall drills as a backup safety, and his speed, athleticism and big-play potential will get him on the field sooner rather than later.

WATCH FOR HIM TO EMERGE: Junior T Allen Bailey signed with Miami as a linebacker, moved to end, then moved to tackle in the spring. His quickness could be disruptive in the middle against the run and as a pass rusher.

STRONGEST AREA: The linebackers should be the strength of the defense. Senior Darryl Sharpton is a steadying influence in the middle, but he needs to make more plays. Senior Colin McCarthy is reliable, but he too often has been banged-up. If he stays healthy, McCarthy and Spence give Miami a playmaking duo on the outside. Sophomore Arthur Brown, the nation's top-ranked high school linebacker in the 2008 signing class, didn't do much as a freshman, but expectations remain high.

BIGGEST PROBLEM: Miami struggled to stop the run last season (last in the ACC and 75th nationally, allowing 151.8 yards per game), and the first priority for Lovett and Shannon is to get more physical, especially up front. Bailey should emerge as a force, junior Joe Joseph is a solid run-stuffer and sophomore backup Marcus Forston has star potential. E Eric Moncur received a sixth season of eligibility because of various injuries, and he should be part of an effective end rotation. Sophomore E Marcus Robinson is undersized (6-1/242), but he has good speed off the edge and could develop into a feared pass rusher. Another problem: While Miami was seventh nationally in pass defense last season, it had just four interceptions, an embarrassingly low number for a team with this many athletes. There are four or five corners who could start, and look for coaches to lean toward the guys who show they can make things happen. The return of FS Randy Phillips, a former cornerback who missed all but two games last season, should help.

GRADE: B-plus

SPECIAL TEAMS

K/P Matt Bosher returns, and he's a weapon at both positions. He was 18-of-20 on field-goal attempts and has a strong leg; he also averaged 40.3 yards per punt, had 19 land inside the opponents' 20 and had 24 that were fair-caught. Benjamin did a great job as a punt returner last season, but only so-so as a kick returner. Look for Cooper to get first crack at the kick-return job this fall. The coverage teams were solid last season, and that should continue because of the plethora of good athletes available for special teams.

GRADE: A

COACHING

Shannon is going into just his third season, but the heat already is on, as evidenced by the two new coordinators Whipple on offense, Lovett on defense in place this season. Lovett is the third defensive coordinator in as many seasons, but that unit has had fewer problems than the offense. Former offensive coordinator Patrick Nix was criticized for being too conservative, but he didn't always have a lot of top-flight talent at his disposal. That won't be the case for Whipple, who will oversee a unit that has talent but lacks experience.

SCHEDULE

Lovett and Whipple won't have time to learn on the job. The Hurricanes' first four games are tougher than anyone's: at Florida State, vs. Georgia Tech, at Virginia Tech and vs. Oklahoma. But the schedule's definitely front-loaded, with the second half easier than the first. Still, five of the six road games this season are against teams that went to bowls last season. Miami also plays relative upstarts UCF and USF on the road; the Hurricanes have everything to lose and nothing to gain in those games. This isn't the best schedule for a coach who's feeling the heat.

OVERALL OUTLOOK

Miami has scuffled a bit the past few seasons, and all the coaching upheaval hasn't helped. The Hurricanes have talent, but for the most part, it's untested. Harris' performance is huge this season; if he struggles, the offense isn't going to do anything. Miami looks to have the skill-position talent to make things easier for Harris, but the iffy line bears watching. Defensively, Miami must get tougher and must make plays. Four interceptions? That can't happen again. There's enough speed on defense for UM to force 25-plus turnovers this season. The schedule is tough, though a fast start could mean Miami challenges for the division title. A more realistic goal is eight victories and a move up the ACC's bowl pecking order.
 7 years ago '04        #5586
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
when the f**k is football gonna start?!?!??!?!?

I'm going f**king insane at home in front of a computer reading stupid f**king updates on high school kids !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I refuse to update on s**t until september rolls around

FREE POST

R.I.P AIR MCNAIR
 7 years ago '06        #5587
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,564 | Props total: 11928 11928
all i know is we gotta beat FSU

if we lose that game

shyt can ugly
 7 years ago '04        #5588
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
f**k it, i'ma post

ATH Darius Millines

Delray Beach (FL) American Heritage athlete Darius Millines lists 16 scholarship offers, including Miami.

"I've spoken with coach (Jeff) Stoutland," Millines said. "We just check in and touch base. We have a pretty good relationship going."

Millines says he is open among all the colleges recruiting him but that UM and Florida are slightly ahead of the rest of the pack right now.

"Miami is kind of above others a little bit because they've always been my favorite team and I always wanted to play there." Millines said. "I know they have a good football program. Florida is also up there, too."

All of his scholarship offers are as a wide receiver, but he says UCF and USF (who have yet to offer) are recruiting him as a defensive back.

Of what he knows about UM's program, Millines said, "I know a little bit, not much. I grew up rooting for Miami - I've been to the campus for a scrimmage and a few games in the past."

He says what he's looking for in a college is "First of all a good graduation rate, and I'm looking for a college that has a good communications program because that's what I want to pursue."

Millines says he "probably is going to wait a while" before making a decision.

"I'll do it when the time is right," he says.

As a junior Millines finished with 59 rushes for 658 yards and six touchdowns, and he also caught 11 passes for 258 yards and three more scores. On defense he had four interceptions, one returned for a touchdown. He also took a punt back for a 56-yard score.
 7 years ago '04        #5589
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
By MANNY NAVARRO

Even though it hasn't translated into many big wins or a spot in the nation's Top 25 polls for more than a week, the University of Miami has restocked talent under Randy Shannon.

Not once in the three years since Shannon took over for Larry Coker have the Hurricanes finished outside the Top 25 in any of the recruiting rankings. ESPN even handed UM the recruiting national title in 2008.

So how are the Canes faring with the Class of 2010 after 13 losses, 12 wins and one bowl trip under Shannon? About the same.

''It's still early, but they're doing a pretty good job filling needs,'' said Charles Fishbein of Elite Scouting Services. ``They've gone after the positions they have to improve -- offensive and defensive line, and filled them. Now, its just holding on to the guys they have and pulling some of the local guys you expect them to land.

``They need to get [Hialeah defensive lineman] Corey Lemonier, [Miramar receiver] Ivan McCartney and [St. Thomas Aquinas center] Brandon Linder for them to be a Top 20 class again.''

10 COMMITMENTS SO FAR

UM has 10 players who have made non-binding oral commitments to be a part of the 2010 class (last year the Canes had six before July). Recruiting coordinator Clint Hurtt said in February the Hurricanes wanted to sign 22 to 23 (1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 3 TE, 4 OL, 3 DL, 3 LB, 3-4 DBs, 1 K/P).

Six of the recruits are considered ESPN Top 150 national players, five are offensive or defensive lineman, and three are from South Florida: Miami Northwestern defensive tackle Todd Chandler, Davie Western offensive lineman Jonathan Feliciano and Palm Beach Central center Shane McDermott.

Of the 10 recruits, a little more than half -- Feliciano, McDermott, linebacker Javarie Johnson (Washington, D.C.), Kevin Nelson (Gainesville), cornerback Jeremy Davis (Cape Coral High) and running back Darion Hall (Naples Lely High) -- said they were done with the recruiting process and would not visit other schools.

''If you got to take visits after you are committed, then you aren't really sure if you want to go there,'' said Hall, who ran for 1,791 yards and 23 touchdowns as a junior and was rated the 42nd-best running back in the country by Rivals.com.

``It's a disrespect to visit another campus when you are committed. I want to play at Miami.''

CHANDLER LIKES VOLS, TOO

Chandler, a player Fishbein and ESPN consider UM's top commitment, has always wanted to play at Miami. He wants to join his former high school teammates -- quarterback Jacory Harris among them -- who won a mythical national title with him at Northwestern in 2007. But Chandler says he's going to let the recruiting process play out.

''I can see myself going to Miami,'' Chandler said. ``But I'm getting recruited by Tennessee and Georgia the hardest.

``I went up to Tennessee for the sleepover camp on June 21. It was a real good experience. The campus was beautiful. The coaches were down to earth. I bonded with [assistant head coach] [Ed] Orgeron a lot. Same with Coach [Lane] Kiffin. But like I told them, it would take something special for me not to go to UM.''

Same for highly-touted defensive tackle Louis Nix and offensive tackle Tavadis Glenn from Jacksonville Raines.

''I wouldn't say they're open,'' Raines coach Deran Wiley said. ``They want to take a visit or two. These are kids that haven't been out of the state of Florida. I think Miami is in their heart right now, which is a good thing for the Canes. But they're children and sometimes things have a spin on it.''

SEVERAL NEEDS TO FILL

The Hurricanes still have to fill several important needs -- including quarterback and tight end.

Joseph Brennan, a Rivals.com three-star passer (Cherry Hill Camden Catholic in N.J.), has UM in his top three with Stanford and Wisconsin and is expected to make a decision in the next week. The Canes are not the favorite and have catching up to do with Miami Central quarterback Jeffrey Godfrey if Brennan passes.

At tight end, four high-end targets are considering UM -- Kevin Haplea (Annandale, N.J.), Neil Basford (Jacksonville Bishop Kenny), Clive Walford (Belle Glade Glades Central) and David Perry (Fort Lauderdale University High).

''UM had a problem at linebacker and wide receiver a couple years ago and they solved those problems,'' Fishbein said. ``But tight end is a position they can't seem to find a kid. The state just doesn't produce a lot of those.

``As for quarterback, they really don't go two years without signing one. That would put them in the same position they were in not too long ago.''
 7 years ago '04        #5590
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
DB Lorenzo Waters

Hyattsville (MD) DeMatha High School DB Lorenzo Waters landed a Hurricane offer last week.

He's now up to 17 offers.

"I'll be looking at Miami definitely," the 6-foot-1, 190-punder with 4.49-second speed said. "I don't know much about them, just know a lot of the major NFL players who have gone to Miami, so I'm interested to see if they can take me to the next level."

Waters is being recruited to Miami by coach Aubrey Hill.

"I called him to thank him for the offer," Waters said. "I was telling him how excited I am about the offer and he was telling me a little bit about the school.

"I plan to visit Miami, probably during the summer."

So far he's taken visits to Wake Forest, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Rutgers and NC State.

"I haven't narrowed things down," Waters said. "I know some schools I'm interested in - Miami, Michigan and Wake Forest. Other schools can still move up with those schools as I find out more about them. I haven't canceled anyone out yet."

Of what he wants in a college, Waters said, "I know most D-I programs offer good facilities, good academics, but I'm pretty much about the people there, how they'll treat me and how I fit in with the program."

Waters projects as either a cornerback or safety at the next level.

He doesn't know when he'll have a final decision in place.

"If I see a school I really like I'll probably commit because I know how slots fill up," he said.

Last year Waters finished with four interceptions and six tackles for losses.
 7 years ago '04        #5591
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
CB Darius Robinson names Top 10

From BulldogBlitz.com

When spring began, three-star cornerback Darius Robinson did not have a single scholarship offer.

But the 6-foot-0, 170-pounder from Atlanta, Ga., has been flooded with 23 offers in just a matter of weeks. Robinson began the process of narrowing down a Top 10 list and informed BulldogBlitz shortly after letting those schools know.

Robinson cut 13 schools from his list and is now focusing on Mississippi State, Miami, Clemson, Central Florida, Maryland, Kentucky, North Carolina, Stanford, Wake Forest and West Virginia.

"When I sat down and looked at all my schools, I looked at the relationship I had with the coaches who were recruiting me and that's how I made my Top 10," Robinson said. "I notified all the schools that made my Top 10 and it's really just about the relationship I had with those schools, where I would fit in on the depth chart and schools that I could go in and play early."

Since narrowing things down to 10 schools late Friday, Robinson stated a sense of relief.

"I think since now it's a dead period and they can't get out and recruit, it takes a lot of pressure off me especially since I am trying to make a decision in the coming month," Robinson said. "A lot of emails stopped coming so I think it took a lot of pressure off me."

Now the next step for Robinson is to cut his list in half and come up with a top five. There is one factor that is going to help him decide which school is the right fit.

"I'm just going to have to sit down and think about it," Robinson said. "A lot of recruits don't realize what I realize. I try to look at the relationship that I have with my position coach. It's fine to have a good relationship with the coach that is recruiting you but he won't be the one that is making the decision if you play or not. I try to get a relationship with all the coaches at all the schools. That is mainly how I am going to choose my top five."

Robinson does not foresee changing his mind after he makes his final decision and will not take any of his five official visits.

"I feel like when I make my commitment I am done," Robinson said. "I think that school would respect me more if I didn't take my official visits."

Robinson did take an unofficial visit to Mississippi State a little over a week ago. It was his first trip to the Starkville campus and was shocked.

"Mississippi State was probably one of the better trips that I've had," Robinson said. "When we came down to Mississippi State it was about 8 or 9 o'clock on Sunday so went to the dorm rooms and spent the night there. When we woke up we had a campus tour. I was surprised at how nice the school looked. The campus was huge.

"We went to the stadium and saw the big TV on the field. That thing was huge and was nice. All the facilities were nice. We went and saw a 50-yard indoor field and then a full indoor facility. I was really surprised at how nice and modern everything was. There was nothing old about it or anything. Everything was up-to-date and not run down or anything."

Robinson admitted that he had heard all the stereotypes about MSU and really was not expecting much from his visit.

"I've actually just been hearing what people say about Mississippi State," Robinson said. "They obviously don't know what they are talking about. I just thought nothing was going to be out there. They've actually got more to do there than the school up north, I think that's what they call it. I visited that school but it was a lot of older people there."

Robinson did not get a chance to meet with head coach Dan Mullen or cornerbacks coach Melvin Smith during his visit. Neither Mullen or Smith were on campus but he did spend time with his recruiting coach David Turner and defensive coordinator Carl Torbush.

He also got a chance to start building a bond with several of the Bulldog players during his stay in Starkville along with several of his Westlake teammates.

"A select few of us went out with the players that night," Robinson said. "We had a good time. We went to downtown Starkville with probably 10-15 of the players. Me, Michael Taylor, Tony Jacob and Eric Simmons had a good time. We went downtown and went to a little party. It was nice."

Robinson made 43 tackles, picked off three passes and had 10 pass breakups as a junior for the Lions, who went 6-4 last season in Class AAAAA. He is credited with 4.41 speed with a 35-inch vertical. He benches 215-pounds and maxes out in squat at 435-pounds.

Robinson is rated the No. 21 cornerback in the country.
 7 years ago '04        #5592
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
A new Top 2 for CB Dior Mathis

From theWolverine.com

Detroit Cass Tech cornerback Dior Mathis has never been shy about stating exactly where things stand in his recruitment. The 5-9, 175-pound Mathis has expressed strong interest in several teams over the course of his recruitment, but now two new ones reside in the top spots.

In recent weeks, Oregon has bolted to the front of Mathis' mind due to increased recruiting attention by the Ducks' coaching staff.

"That's a surprise school that came up out of nowhere," Mathis said. "They've been talking to me a lot, so that is probably one of my No. 1 schools right now. I'm going to take a trip down there in August.

"Checking out their background, they graduate all their football players and all the guys at my position go high in the draft. Their football facilities are amazing, their school is amazing and the coaches are outstanding people."

Mathis currently lists Oregon and Michigan State - which has also made a strong recent push for the nation's No. 8 cornerback prospect - atop his list at this stage of the process.

"Those are the top two right now," Mathis said. "Michigan State is making a real big impression. Even though they just had a cornerback commit, which is Mylan Hicks, they are still making a big impression on me."

Oregon and Michigan State have replaced Miami and Michigan at the top of Mathis' list, but the Hurricanes and Wolverines are not out of the race.

"Those two teams right there are going to be in my top five along with Oregon and Michigan State," Mathis said. "I'm just looking for another team to [round out] my top five."

Michigan dropping down Mathis' list of favorites has to do with other teams stepping up their efforts more than the Wolverines doing anything to decrease the four-star cornerback's interest level.

"Where they stand with me is, they are still high but they have a little more improvement to do because more teams are stepping up and telling me what I want to hear," Mathis said.

"When I had that one phone call [in the spring] I talked to every single coach and they were all saying they want me. I talked to players all the time because my teammates go there. I talk to them every day and they tell me how fun it is and how they want me to come up there and be with them."

Michigan has had great success recruiting Cass Tech, picking up three prospects from the school just in the class of 2009. Having several former Technicians on their roster is one of the Wolverines" strongest selling points with Mathis.

"I think it is a positive because the guys that are up there, I have a bond with those guys and it would be like playing with the teammates I've played with my entire life," Mathis said.

After taking part in the U.S. Army Combine this past January, Mathis decided he wanted to make his decision at the Army Bowl next January.

"That's still the plan, but you never know," Mathis said. "Anything could happen, but it is still my plan to commit there."

Mathis is coming off an MVP performance at the Football University Camp in Wixom, Mich., the weekend of June 19. His performance was rated the best by the FBU instructors at the invite-only event.

"They said I got it by being first in every drills, being amazing in one-on-ones and being a good person off the field," Mathis said. "It was a good competition and a real good experience. I took away things that I didn't know about the game and didn't know about my position... things I am going to use throughout my senior football season and in my college football career."
 7 years ago '04        #5593
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
DB Travis Bell

Belle Glade (Fla.) Glades Central High School DB Travis Bell lists over 10 offers, including Miami.

But one school is now standing out to him.

"West Virginia, they're No. 1 because of what I saw while I was up there for the summer camp," Bell said. "I liked their program, their campus, how they run things up there, their education."

Bell adds that he's "Still looking at Miami strongly."

He says he plans to take an unofficial visit to UM this summer.

"I'll be deciding early on in the football season," Bell says.

How much ground do the Canes have to make up with West Virginia?

"A lot," Bell said. "They have a big lead."

Of what he knows about UM at this point, Bell said, "The only thing I do know is they put a lot of people in the NFL. I'm friendly with Randy Phillips - he says they have a good education, good training, good football program."

Other than speaking with Randy Shannon once, Bell hasn't talked with Cane coaches.

"I get Miami letters - I don't read them," Bell said. "I don't read any of the letters - there's too many of them. I just put them all in my dresser drawers."
 7 years ago '04        #5594
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
orey Crawford

Columbus (Ga.) Carver High School DE Corey Crawford is getting recruiting mail from Hurricane coaches, but he has yet to receive a UM offer.

If the Canes do offer, they will join a growing list for the standout player - he currently lists 17 scholarship offers.

"I've been talking to Miami coaches - coach (Clint) Hurtt is recruiting me," Crawford said. "He said he had seen my highlight film, liked the way I looked.

"I'll be looking at Miami."

So far Crawford has taken visits to Clemson, Georgia and Auburn.

"I want to visit Miami also, but I'm not sure yet when I will," Crawford says. "I don't know much about Miami. a.ssuming they offer, if I had to have a top 10 they'd be in there."

For now Crawford hasn't narrowed down a list.

But he does have one school in front - Clemson.

"That's how it is right now, but I won't make a decision until signing day," he says.

Of what he wants in a college Crawford says, "A place that has a good program, somewhere I can have fun and be comfortable."
 7 years ago '04        #5595
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
Tampa (FL) Hillsborough High School CB Terrence Mitchell says he only has one school he knows for sure he will visit at this point: Florida State.

"I talk to their coaches the most," he says.

Mitchell says he has no top five or 10, and no real frontrunner right now. And he says the Canes are in the thick of things.

"I'm still considering Miami," he says. "Coaches are sending me mail. Coach (Joe) Pannunzio is recruiting me - he just says how he wants me, how I can come and help them right away."

Mitchell will likely take his recruitment into the fall - he has no summer visits planned.

"I'll just be in the weight room," he says.

Of UM, Mitchell says, "I really don't know too much about them. I know about them being on TV all the time, having a good defensive backs corps."

He also talks about Miami with Todd Chandler, who is a Cane commitment.

"He's like my brother," Mitchell said. "He tells me about the school, why he picked them."

Mitchell says he plans to narrow things down in the fall.

"I'll get a top five, and it's a real good chance Miami will be in there," he says.

When will he make a final decision?

"After all my official visits," Mitchell says.

Last year the 5-foot-10, 165-pounder had 43 tackles and two interceptions.
 7 years ago '04        #5596
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
Atlanta (GA) Westlake High School DB Darius Robinson says a visit to Miami for the summer camp has helped solidify the Canes at the top of his list.

"Miami's No. 1," he said. "I'll probably make a decision next month, probably the middle of the month.

"I talked to coach (Wesley) McGriff [last week]. He was just talking about how I feel about Miami, things like that, talking about it's a great opportunity if I was to come down there. He was saying how he wants me."

Robinson has hammered out a top 10 of UM, Clemson, Maryland, North Carolina, Stanford, Michigan, Kentucky, West Virginia, UCF and Wake Forest.

He says Clemson is No. 2 on his list behind Miami.

"Miami's really high on my radar right now," Robinson said. "They open a lot of opportunities for me with playing time, and the academics are good and the environment down there is lovely."

Robinson says he was particularly impressed by how he saw the team interacting while he was at UM - he went out with a couple of players, Darryl Sharpton and Randy Phillips.

"I just like the family atmosphere and how everyone gets along," Robinson said. "When I was down there we went out with some of the players and I saw the relationship they have regardless if they're freshmen or seniors. Everyone bonds, loves each other. They talk about life in general with each other, not just football."

Johnson says at the latest he plans to have a decision in place before his first practice Aug. 1.

As a junior he finished with 43 tackles, three interceptions and 10 passes broken up.

He says where once he planned on attending the same college as teammate Michael Taylor, that may no longer be the case.

"At first we were going to the same school, but lately it might be different," Robinson said. "We may be going to the same or different schools.
 7 years ago '04        #5597
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
QB Joseph Brennan names top 3

From Hawkeyereport.com

New Jersey quarterback Joseph Brennan has several early scholarship offers to look over and recently added two more to his list. The 6-foot-4, 178-pound Brennan, who attends Camden Catholic High School, gave us the latest on his recruiting.

"I think it's pretty much down to Stanford, Miami, and Wisconsin," said Brennan. "I've been to all three schools and I'm hoping in the next two weeks I'll have my decision."

Brennan, who claims no favorite at this time, hopes to sit down soon and make his choice.

"I'm not leaning any one way yet," Brennan said. "I'm just going to go over it with my family and my coach and look at the pros and cons of each program. They're all great schools and it's just whether I've got that gut feeling there or not."
 7 years ago '04        #5598
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
WR Allen Hurns names top 5

From Rivals Recruiting

There are many big time wide receiver prospects from south Florida. One of the best is Allen Hurns from Miami Carol City. Last season as a junior Hurns hauled in 23 receptions for 450 yards and eight touchdowns.

"I have good speed and I run track," Hurns said. "I run nice routes, have good hands and good hand placement. I just need to keep working."

According to Hurns he currently has scholarship offers from Miami, Pitt, Central Florida and Florida International. Several other teams are showing interest and recruiting him hard.

"I would say other possibilities for me are Western Michigan, Florida, Kansas State, Purdue and West Virginia. They are all recruiting me.

"But right now my top five would be Miami, Central Florida, Florida, West Virginia and Pitt."

This summer Hurns has already camped at both Miami and Pitt.

"I did well at the Miami camp. I always liked UM as a kid. I don't think there's any pressure to go there. I will do what I want to do. I am just open with everything.

"That was my first time up to Pitt. It was a good camp and I liked the city. It's a Steelers city. They also have great facilities and the coaches are cool. That's a school of interest for me."

Hurns has also made (unofficial) summer visits to Florida International and UCF. He plans on camp at Friday Night Lights in Gainesville next month.
 7 years ago '04        #5599
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
f!ght for No. 1 beings in FV Top 100

Michael Langston
FlaVarsity.com

After countless hours of evaluation, from camps and combines to spring games and state championships, FV's staff brings fans what they've been waiting for. We give you our top 25 2010 prospects. The decision for the no. 1 spot was extremely difficult and wasn't actually selected until just last week. The five finalists up for the top spot were Christian Green from Tampa Catholic, Matt Elam of Dwyer, Lamarcus Joyner from St. Thomas Aquinas, Jeff Luc from Treasure Coast and Corey Lemonier from Hialeah.

Our no. 1 prospect simply destroys running backs out of the backfield and has an extremely quick ability to read any offense. This young man already has the physical tools to make a big impact as one of the hardest hitters in the state of Florida. All the prospects were quick, but the most college ready player and consistent performer has been Treasure Coast LB Jeff Luc.

"I've put a lot of work into being the best. I think overall it just came down to me taking football seriously the past two years and that's the biggest transformation with my game," explained Luc.

The decision was difficult with all four prospects under consideration. Hialeah Corey Lemonier claimed the second overall spot and heavily challenged Luc for the overall top ranking. He is a prospect that has more upside then any prospect in Florida. The key now for Lemonier is putting all the tools together. The 6-foot-4, 225 pound monster is an incredible effective pass rusher who uses his hands very well and has a motor that never slows down. He has a big time burst off the edge and is much improved between the tackles.

Following Lemonier is another highly rated athlete in Tampa Catholic big star Christian Green, who most believe will end up as a receiver in college. The key aspect that has your jaw dropping is the fact that here's a kid that is 6-foot-2, 200 pounds, and despite the 'heavy' weight, he is elusive out in space. His top end speed has been measured in the 4.4 range has college scouts drooling everywhere. Right on the heels of Green is Florida Gator commitment and one of the best overall and versatile athletes in the state in Dwyer safety, Matt Elam. While Elam isn't the top overall prospect this time around, he's going to be tough to hold off when you consider that he is a five star tool player who can be the top player at three or four other positions in the state of Florida. Elam showed that off earlier this year in the National 7-on-7 event where he led the Palm Beach All=Stars to a title. The top five was rounded out by one of the most dominating athletes around the state in Lamarcus Joyner. The 5-foot-8, 165 pound speedy athlete to sum up quickly, is a top five player who has special athletic abilities that many of the top athletes around the nation aren't blessed with. It's very scary in how good Joyner could be once he hones down his skills and technique as a cornerback.

South Florida area dominating the Top Ten?
We covered the top five prospects, but now we cover a few surprises and talk about the total domination from South Florida prospects in the top ten. How dominating? How about the fact that out of all the top ten prospects, only two were from the Central or Northern Florida. One of the huge risers in that top ten is Bradenton Southeast DB Jonathan Dowling. We absolutely love Dowling's high ceiling of skills because of the amount of ground he can make up even if a mistake is made. Closing speed is what separates the good ones from the great ones, and Dowling is one of the best in Florida.

Take one look at St. Thomas Aquinas RB Giovanni Bernard and probably your first response would be yeah, he's alright at a camp setting. That all changes when you take a quick glance at the talented back in live action. Bernard last year helped put the Raiders firmly on the map as being the best offense in the nation. Everyone knew about the fantastic three of Dwayne Difton, Duron Carter and Gabe Holmes. But it was Bernard that really opened up those routes rushing for 1,528 yards and 18 touchdowns. The difference between Bernard and a lot of backs is that he has the speed, quickness, and strength to be a top back anywhere in the country. We have other top backs that are certainly strong in different areas like either power or speed, but not the complete package like Bernard.

Quick strike athletes make a move
What's that saying, speed k!lls? The state of Florida has two of the best in Pahokee WR Chris Dunkley and Cape Coral athlete Jaylen Watkins. Not surprisingly, both prospects could eventually end up the University of Florida - a speed factory of their own.

Watkins, who is already committed to the Gators is expected to do his damage in college. However, it isn't just his speed, but more along the lines of the first three steps off the line of scrimmage that has college scouts shaking their head in disbelief.

Dunkley on the other hand, is a receiver the whole way, but is as dominating as they come. He has big time speed, quickness and has good size. The best comparison of Dunkley would be a bigger version of Nu'keese Richardson, but a stronger upper body and probably a tad tick down on speed compared to Richardson. The one difference with Dunkley though is he has the speed and quickness, but he's also one of the best leaping wide receivers around the state.

Miramar WR Ivan McCartney, who many know by the nickname of "Sticks" is also a receiver who projects extremely well to the college level. He has great hands and the route running, a big improvement from his junior year. The ability to shield his body and being a tough one-on-one match-up because of his size makes McCartney one of the biggest weapons at the wide receiver this year in the sunshine state.

Benedict and Green on top of their game
Although Brandon Linder from St. Thomas Aquinas holds the top spot as the best lineman in the state of Florida, we can't overlook two other talented lineman in Florida, Chaz Green and Georgia commitment Brent Benedict. Just a few weeks ago, Benedict ended his college recruitment by picking the Georgia Bulldogs. The imposing feature of Benedict is impressive enough, but watching him run block is comparable to a bulldozer destroying an old building that was coming down regardless of what you put in front of it.

Green on the other hand is a 6-foot-6 monster that is equally dominating in the trenches, but probably even more so then Benedict in pass blocking situations. Green is extremely flexible and has solid footwork that can easily translate to the college level in a big way. Everything we hear points Green to the Florida Gators. When you talk about consistently being at the top of his game with pass and run blocking, there's aren't too many that can handle the Tampa Catholic standout, which is why he made such a big leap towards the top 15.

Another prospect that graded and projected well for college might be a surprise to some fans but comes in at the no. 15 spot in the FV Top 100 rankings in RB Brandon Gainer from Miami Central. When you look at players with the best size and pretty good quickness, Gainer has to be considered one of the top backs in Florida, maybe even the best some of our staff argued. He has very good hands out of the backfield, although we would like to see that more. Gainer has exceptional speed for a back his size. Most of time he looks like he's running downhill because of how quick he gets between the tackles and hits his top end speed. His teammate QB Jeffrey Godfrey is another Rocket high on the list of the Top 100 moving inside the top 20. Hard throwing quarterback with solid touch on the deep ball.

The only knock on Godfrey has always been the height factor, but when you consider that he's such a threat both on the ground and through the air, it's easy to see why some of the top schools in the nation are already salivating over the hard throwing quarterback.

Finally, the ranking wouldn't be complete without one of the most dominating defensive tackles around in Miami Northwestern DT Todd Chandler. You can question his size at 5-foot-10 or 5-foot-11, but you can't question his production over the past two years. The bad news for the opposition is that Chandler is fully healthy and if he can keep his health in check, a 20 sack season is certainly a possibility before heading over to the Miami Hurricanes.

That's a quick look at some of the top 25, but don't take our word for it look over the entire Top 100 to see where your favorite star emerged in the top 100. Also, stay tuned as more news names breakthrough in the coming weeks as our next rankings will return midway through the high school football season. In the meantime, stay tuned, in a few weeks we will release our position rankings.
 7 years ago '04        #5600
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
Other schools going after Chandler

Miami Northwestern High School DT Todd Chandler remains a Hurricane commitment.

But he says visits to Georgia and Tennessee have him thinking things over.

"I went to a camp at Tennessee, and after that we went to Georgia," Chandler said. "Both those programs, what I saw they opened my eyes to a lot of things."

He says that could make for a tougher final decision.

"I'd say Miami, they set the bar for me," Chandler said. "I'm judging schools by what Miami showed me. Miami's still pretty high on my list, but after I did go to Tennessee, their coaches all told me some real good things.

"Coach (Ed) Orgeron was telling me how me and Warren Sapp have some of the same qualities, and he coached Sapp at Miami. That really showed me some things. And Georgia showed me good things about their depth chart, how I can get in and play early. And their players were showing me around the campus and I saw a lot of good things."

Chandler adds that "Miami is in front, but Tennessee and Georgia, they're up there."

Coaches Clint Hurtt and Wesley McGriff are recruiting Chandler to Miami.

"They're two pretty cool guys," Chandler said. "They always have something positive to tell me, and if they have to tell me something negative they will, too. We have a big brother relationship - they come straightforward out with everything they have to tell me."

Of what he is working hardest on improving this summer, Chandler said, "I'm working on my wind, so I can go hard longer. And I'm working on my strength, trying to get as strong as I can get."

Chandler says he plans a full slate of official visits.

"My first two will be Tennessee and then Georgia, and then LSU and FSU," Chandler said. "I might take an official to Miami or I might go to USC (and visit UM unofficially), I'm not sure yet."

Chandler currently lists 32 scholarship offers.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Only A Matter Of A Time
104 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside "Here Lies Drake... Bodied By A Acting N!gga AGAIN": Shia LaBouef Confi..
135 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Chick With The A$$ From J. Cole's False Prophets Video...
70 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jim Jones Responds To Cam'ron: You A F*ck Boy With No Honor
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chris Pratt Keeps Cropping Jennifer Lawrence Out of Photos & It Never ..
46 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Police: Man kills parents, dismembers and dissolves bodies after than..
64 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside TMZ - 50 Cent Wins $14.5 Million From His Former Lawyers
55 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside China Warns iPhones Have A Serious Problem
16 comments
21 hours ago