most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Melissa Ford !!
48 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kool Killa Klay Highlights vs Pacers (2016.12.05) 60 points, Grand Wizadry
87 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #541
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
DEFENSIVE BACKS
[db]Carlos Armour[/db], Jr.
Armour struggled with a hamstring injury throughout the season and never saw much action. It remains to be seen if he can be an effective cover corner.

[db]Willie Cooper[/db], Sr.
Cooper played in every game on special teams and got some action as a backup safety. He might see some more action next year at safety with Brandon Meriweather graduating. But he will have a tough time trying to break into the mix of the top three with Kenny Phillips, Anthony Redd*ck and Lovon Ponder ahead of him.

[db]Chavez Grant[/db], Soph.
Grant started three games this year as a true freshman and showed a good knack for playing cornerback. He sticks with receivers and doesn't make many mentals. His biggest play of the year was his first interception as a Cane he picked off Nevada quarterback Jeff Rowe late in the fourth quarter to ice the bowl game for the Hurricanes.

[db]Bruce Johnson[/db], Jr.
Johnson started two games in nickel situations and was the team's primary returner. So far he has proven himself to be an average cornerback. He must become more accountable off the field to earn more confidence from the coaches. We would also be surprised if he is the kick returner next season.

[db]Tervaris Johnson[/db], Soph.
Johnson played in all but one game off the bench as a true freshman, mostly working in on special teams. He will get his chance to prove he deserves an opportunity to play more in spring ball and is a very promising prospect.

[db]Kenny Phillips[/db], Jr.
Before a broken bone in his hand cost him the final three regular season games, Phillips was one of the most productive Canes. He came back for the bowl game and finished with 52.5 tackles, 4.5 for losses. He also was responsible for four of the team's 10 interceptions. He enters next year as one of the nation's top returning safeties.

[db]Randy Phillips[/db], Jr.
Phillips has good size for a cornerback and started six games this year. But he was benched after allowing some big plays. He must become more consistent in his technique if he wants to continue starting games in 2007.

Ponder hopes to hold off Redd*ck to fill in the starting safety spot left open by Meriweather's graduation

[db]Lovon Ponder[/db], Jr.
Ponder will battle Anthony Redd*ck to try and earn the starting safety spot opened up by the departure of Brandon Meriweather. He proved he's capable of making the big play this year with a 43-yard fumble recovery, two forced fumbles, an interception and four passes broken up.

[db]Anthony Redd*ck[/db], Jr.
A great freshman season seems a world away for Redd*ck. After missing last year due to a knee injury, he played in four games off the bench and was suspended for several others following his helmet-swinging in the brawl with FIU. He will be in the mix to start opposite Kenny Phillips next year.

[db]Glenn Sharpe[/db], Sr.
Perhaps no player had a more disappointing season than Sharpe. He was expected to be a shutdown corner for the Canes, but allowed several big plays. Perhaps the most notable was the 96-yard touchdown against Maryland where he let his man get two steps behind him. Sharpe must step up his play to help shore up the defense in 2007.

Analysis: The Hurricanes remain pretty solid at this position going into next season and more help is already on the way in the form of freshmen recruits Damien Berry and Doug Wiggins. The addition of Major Wright would really leave Miami in great shape going forward.

SPECIAL TEAMS
[db]Matt Bosher[/db], R-Fr.
With Jon Peattie graduating, Bosher will be called upon to handle the placekicking duties. A highly regarded recruit two years ago, he is untested in game action and it will be interesting to see how he responds early next year.

Daren Daly, Jr.
Brian Monroe is gone, which means Daly will get his chance to be the starting punter. He got a lot of action against Duke this year when Monroe was suspended, but he shanked a punt in that game and coaches used Jon Peattie at the end to be safe. The good news is Daly has shown a strong leg with a long punt of 56 yards against the Blue Devils.

Analysis: Miami's special teams in 2006 were abysmal top to bottom. The kicking was inconsistent and the return game had absolutely no impact on the season for the first time in years. One of the most significant hires Randy Shannon will make will be which a.ssistant he places in charge of special teams.
 01-03-2007, 07:12 PM         #542
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
maybe its just me but its sounds liike the recuiting class should make any true cane fan exited for the future

off topic but rakim, we gotta get back in that poker room scram havent seen yo a.ss around there in a minute
 10 years ago '04        #543
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,792 | Props total: 1398 1398
Randy Shannon Makes First Hire

[pic - click to view]

Former Michigan State offensive line coach Jeff Stoutland, who has strong recruiting ties in the Northeast, will be introduced as the new offensive line coach at Miami in the near future, CaneSport has learned.

CaneSport first reported of Stoutland's interest in the Miami job on December 19 after learning that Shannon had been seeking references from coaches around the country about Stoutland's coaching background. His hiring was reportedly finalized on Tuesday.

"If they have an interest in me, I have an interest in being there," Stoutland told CaneSport two weeks ago. "I have heard Coach Shannon is a heck of a guy and a heck of a football coach. I played enough against those guys when I was at Syracuse to know what kind of program they have. It would be an honor to be considered for that job."

Stoutland not only was considered, but he was tabbed to replace Mario Cristobal.

Stoutland was line coach at Michigan State from 2000-2006 and previously spent four seasons at Syracuse. More significantly, he has strong recruiting ties in the Northeast which might give him some appeal to Shannon. Stoutland has recruited New England (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, CT, RI, Mass), Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Eastern Pennsylvania and Michigan for Michigan State. Miami hasn't had a strong presence in the Northeast since the departures of Greg Mark, Vernon Hargreaves and Art Kehoe.

Here is Stoutland's complete bio:

During his tenure at Michigan State, Stoutland has helped develop five All-Big Ten selections: guard Shaun Mason (second team, 2000), tackle Steve Stewart (second team, 2003), guard Joe Tate (second team, 2003), tackle Sean Poole (first team, 2004) and guard William Whitticker (second team, 2004).

In addition, seven of his offensive linemen have earned Academic All-Big Ten honors, including Mason (2000), Tate (2001), guard Paul Harker (2002-03), center Chris Morris (2002-03-04-05), tackle Gordon Niebylski (2002-03-04-05), guard Pete Clifford (2004-05) and tackle Mike Gyetvai (2004). In 2005, Morris garnered ESPN The Magazine Academic All-America Second-Team honors.
Morris anchored the offensive line for one of the NCAA's most prolific offenses in 2005. The Spartans ranked among the NCAA leaders in all four offensive categories: No. 20 in rushing offense (201.8 yards per game), No. 11 in passing offense (school-record 295.5 ypg.), No. 5 in total offense (school-record 497.3 ypg.) and No. 18 in scoring offense (33.8 points per game). Morris, who earned Midseason All-America honors from SI.com, graded out 96 percent or higher in all 11 games in 2005 and became a seventh-round selection by the Oakland Raiders in the 2006 National Football League Draft.

In 2004, Poole became only the second offensive lineman in Big Ten history to earn conference Player of the Week honors after Michigan State amassed 430 yards on the ground in a 49-14 victory over fourth-ranked Wisconsin.

Michigan State displayed a vastly improved running attack in 2004, thanks largely to the speedy development of an offensive line that returned just two starters from the 2003 season. The Spartans ranked second in the Big Ten and No. 10 in the NCAA in rushing, averaging 238.5 yards per game. That marked an improvement of 141 yards per game from 2003. The 2,862 rushing yards also marked the sixth-best single-season total in school history. In Big Ten play, Michigan State rushed for a league-best 265.8 yards per game. The Spartans recorded eight 200-yard rushing games in 2004, including a streak of five-straight games during one stretch (Indiana, Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota and Michigan).
In 2004, Stoutland instructed an offensive line that permitted the fewest sacks in the Big Ten, allowing only eight in 399 passing attempts.

He also coached former center Brian Ottney, who earned the Up Front Award as MSU's outstanding interior offensive lineman in 2001-02, becoming only the second repeat recipient in the 28-year history of the trophy. Former All-American Tony Mandarich won the award three-straight years from 1986-88.

Stoutland's offensive line helped pave the way for T.J. Duckett, who produced back-to-back 1,000-yard rushing seasons in 2000 and 2001. Duckett, the No. 18 pick overall in the 2002 NFL Draft by the Atlanta Falcons, rushed for 1,420 yards in 2001 - the fifth-best single-season total in Spartan history.

The 44-year-old Stoutland spent three seasons under Paul Pasqualoni at Syracuse (1997-99), where he coached the tight ends his first two years before taking over the offensive line in 1999. In addition to his coaching duties, he also served as the Orangemen's recruiting coordinator for all three years.

Stoutland helped Syracuse to a combined record of 24-13 (.649), including three-straight bowl appearances. In 1999, he coached first-team All-Big East offensive tackle Mark Baniewicz, who also earned the National Football Foundation Scholar-Athlete Award and GTE Academic All-America honors. During his stint as tight ends coach, Stoutland helped produce two NFL players, including Roland Williams (Oakland Raiders) and Kaseem Sinceno (Philadelphia Eagles, 1998-99; Chicago Bears, 2000).
Stoutland previously spent four years as offensive line coach at Cornell (1993-96). Former Big Red center Greg Bloedorn, who earned first-team All-Ivy League honors in 1995, spent three years with the NFL's Seattle Seahawks (1997-99).

His full-time coaching credits include two stints at his alma mater, Southern Connecticut State, where he served as offensive coordinator for five years (1988-92) and coached inside linebackers for two seasons (1984-85).

The New York City native also served as a graduate a.ssistant for Coach d*ck MacPherson for two years at Syracuse (1986-87), working primarily with the offensive line.

Stoutland was a four-year letterman and three-year starter at inside linebacker for Coach Kevin Gilbride at Southern Connecticut State (1980-84), where he earned Little All-America honors as a senior while acting as team captain.

He earned a bachelor's degree in physical education from Southern Connecticut State in 1984 and received a master's degree in exercise physiology from the school in 1986.

THE STOUTLAND FILE
YEARS AT MICHIGAN STATE: Seventh. Joined staff on Mar. 2, 2000 from Syracuse.
PREVIOUS COACHING EXPERIENCE: College -- Inside linebackers coach at Southern Connecticut State (1984-85); graduate a.ssistant at Syracuse (1986-87); offensive coordinator at Southern Connecticut State (1988-92); offensive line coach at Cornell (1993-96); tight ends coach, offensive line coach and recruiting coordinator at Syracuse (1997-99).
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in physical education from Southern Connecticut State in 1984; master's degree in exercise physiology from Southern Connecticut State in 1986.
PLAYING EXPERIENCE: College -- Three-year starter at inside linebacker at Southern Connecticut State (1980-84).
POSTSEASON EXPERIENCE: Coach -- 1988 Sugar Bowl, 1997 Fiesta Bowl, 1999 Orange Bowl, 1999 Music City Bowl, 2001 Silicon Valley Football Classic, 2003 Alamo Bowl.
 10 years ago '04        #544
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
DL Coach Palermo Re-Signs

[pic - click to view]

DL coach John Palermo has resigned, sources told CaneSport tonight.

It's expected that Clint Hurtt, who also coached the defensive linemen, will be the primary defensive line coach next year.

"[Randy Shannon and myself] were on the same page with it," Palermo told the Palm Beach Post. "I felt like I needed to go someplace else. He wanted to go in a different direction as well. I have a couple of job offers, but I haven't decided on anything."

Miami has already seen offensive coordinator Rich Olson and OL coach Mario Cristobal leave, and quarterbacks coach Todd Berry has said he does not expect to be retained.

It remains to be seen if coaches Joe Pannunzio and Marquis Mosely will remain on Shannon's staff. It's expected that defensive backs coach Tim Walton will be promoted to defensive coordinator.

Palermo only spent one year at Miami. He was hired by Larry Coker last February and coached the defensive ends this year. He previously coached the Wisconsin defensive linemen and linebackers from 1991-2005.

Palermo has said he has other job offers he will pursue.

He has coached for 27 years at the collegiate level, including stops at Notre Dame and Minnesota.
 10 years ago '04        #545
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
Top QB to Visit UM Campus

[pic - click to view]

The Canes are making a big run at Tampa (Fla.) Plant High School QB Robert Marve, who was a soft Alabama commitment after head coach Mike Shula was fired.

Alabama got some big news today with the hiring of Dolphins coach Nick Saban, but Marve says that doesn't make him any stronger of an Alabama commitment.

"That does answer some of my questions, but I'm going to wait and see who the offensive coordinator is," Marve said. "Coach Saban won't coach me like the offensive coordinator, but it's nice to hear they got a guy now. I've been following him a bit because I kept hearing his name -- I checked up on his past and he's done a lot of great things."

Asked if a report that Miami and Alabama are essentially neck and neck in his recruitment, Marve did not directly address where he stands, saying, "I've been committed to Alabama for so long, I thought it was a done deal. But Alabama, the situation changed a little bit (when Shula was fired) and opened it back up. Miami came up. I just have to wait and see what the whole Miami situation is."

Marve is on his way to Ft. Lauderdale today for the Offense-Defense All-American Bowl.

And he will check out UM's campus tomorrow.

But he won't be allowed to talk to Cane coaches or players because it's still the dead period.

"I'm not allowed to talk to anyone, but I'm going to see the campus," Marve said. "I'll walk around there, visit Miami a little bit. I can see the campus and that's about it.

"I'll come later this month on an official visit."

As for where Miami stands with him right now, Marve said, "I'm just looking at everything, the coaches. I just really want to feel that wherever I go I want to be their main guy where they're saying `We expect this guy to be the guy that's going to change the school, get us a championship' of whatever conference. I understand I'll have to work hard and give it all I've got."

Marve said how he clicks with the offensive coordinator at the respective schools (both have yet to announce the hiring of a coordinator) and how he likes his official visits will in large part determine where he ends up.

"I just want to like it wherever I go," he said.

Marve set a state record with 4,372 passing yards and 48 touchdowns this season. He was intercepted 13 times.

In the state title game he helped his team to victory with 30 of 46 completions for 305 yard and three scores.

Marve has been a starter at Plant High since his sophomore season.
 01-04-2007, 12:53 AM         #546
P DEDOS 954 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
owwwwwwwwwwwwww

we doin big thangs so far!

10 years ago '04        #547
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
 C.R.I.P. said:
Top QB to Visit UM Campus

[pic - click to view]

The Canes are making a big run at Tampa (Fla.) Plant High School QB Robert Marve, who was a soft Alabama commitment after head coach Mike Shula was fired.

Alabama got some big news today with the hiring of Dolphins coach Nick Saban, but Marve says that doesn't make him any stronger of an Alabama commitment.

"That does answer some of my questions, but I'm going to wait and see who the offensive coordinator is," Marve said. "Coach Saban won't coach me like the offensive coordinator, but it's nice to hear they got a guy now. I've been following him a bit because I kept hearing his name -- I checked up on his past and he's done a lot of great things."

Asked if a report that Miami and Alabama are essentially neck and neck in his recruitment, Marve did not directly address where he stands, saying, "I've been committed to Alabama for so long, I thought it was a done deal. But Alabama, the situation changed a little bit (when Shula was fired) and opened it back up. Miami came up. I just have to wait and see what the whole Miami situation is."

Marve is on his way to Ft. Lauderdale today for the Offense-Defense All-American Bowl.

And he will check out UM's campus tomorrow.

But he won't be allowed to talk to Cane coaches or players because it's still the dead period.

"I'm not allowed to talk to anyone, but I'm going to see the campus," Marve said. "I'll walk around there, visit Miami a little bit. I can see the campus and that's about it.

"I'll come later this month on an official visit."

As for where Miami stands with him right now, Marve said, "I'm just looking at everything, the coaches. I just really want to feel that wherever I go I want to be their main guy where they're saying `We expect this guy to be the guy that's going to change the school, get us a championship' of whatever conference. I understand I'll have to work hard and give it all I've got."

Marve said how he clicks with the offensive coordinator at the respective schools (both have yet to announce the hiring of a coordinator) and how he likes his official visits will in large part determine where he ends up.

"I just want to like it wherever I go," he said.

Marve set a state record with 4,372 passing yards and 48 touchdowns this season. He was intercepted 13 times.

In the state title game he helped his team to victory with 30 of 46 completions for 305 yard and three scores.

Marve has been a starter at Plant High since his sophomore season.

i live a couple minutes from the UM campus, i hould go show him around....

point out the bi*ches
 01-04-2007, 02:48 AM         #548
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
no disrespect but rob marve is one ugly motherfu*ka :sick:

he better win some big games if we wants to bag any campus broads
 01-04-2007, 07:35 AM         #549
P DEDOS 954 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 01-04-2007, 03:56 PM         #550
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Miami >>> Your Favorite Team

[pic - click to view]

LOL rakim is gonna be confused as hell when he comes back
 01-05-2007, 05:36 AM         #551
P DEDOS 954 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Black_Deuce said:

Miami >>> Your Favorite Team

[pic - click to view]

LOL rakim is gonna be confused as hell when he comes back
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
 10 years ago '06        #552
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,597 | Props total: 12031 12031
 01-06-2007, 01:01 AM         #553
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^^ everyone prop dedos he cant get on his other name
 10 years ago '06        #554
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 01-06-2007, 08:00 AM         #555
shatso 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Rob Marve is the ugliest kid ever born. HAH!
 10 years ago '06        #556
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 shatso said:
Rob Marve is the ugliest kid ever born. HAH!
no homo

we talkin about being a QB not looks

fag**t

:sick:
 10 years ago '04        #557
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
dont forget QB Nick Fanuzzi and OL Harlan Gunn are playing in the Army All-American game today at 1 on NBC

dont know how much play theyll get since these events are so biased.

its practially a Southern Cal scout team vs a mixture of guys
 01-06-2007, 03:23 PM         #558
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P. Dedos said:
no homo

we talkin about being a QB not looks

fag**t

:sick:

10 years ago '04        #559
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
Beason to Declare for NFL Draft

[pic - click to view]

UM linebacker Jon Beason has decided to forego his senior year and declare himself eligible for the NFL Draft.

"It's been four years, it's my time," Beason told CaneSport Sunday night.

Beason is making the move despite the absence of a guarantee he will be drafted in the first round. Sources told CaneSport that Beason currently projects as a second to third round draft pick.

"I'm confident that once I start interviewing and working out for teams that I will move up," Beason said. "After everything that happened this year, the injury, a lot of stuff goes into a decision like this.

"Being a Cane is more important than the NFL. I wanted to leave a legacy here. And I knew that I could help Coach Shannon in his inauguaral year as a senior leader of the defense. So it's bittersweet. I thought it over a lot. I'm just ready."

Beason started at linebacker for the Hurricanes for the past two years after moving to the position in 2004.

He started at both the weakside and strongside spots this year and, along with Calais Campbell and Kenny Phillips, was probably Miami's best defensive player. He had 74.5 tackles, eight for losses, with an interception and forced fumble.

In 2005, he ranked fifth on the team with 64 tackles (44 solo), adding six tackles for loss, one pass breakup and four QB pressures.

"
 10 years ago '04        #560
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
Larry Coker is one of the candidates to become the next football coach at Tulsa, where his college coaching career began in 1979. Some sources listed Coker as the "overwhelming favorite" to succeed Steve Kragthorpe.
-- Daily Oklahoman
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Single Mothers Infographic
230 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside South African Snowbunny Fitness Trainer(Lawd Have Mercy!!)
85 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This website shows how frighteningly quick the internet knows everythi..
8 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside FAST & FURIOUS 8 Trailer Teaser (2017) (Like the announcement for the a..
43 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Best Buy Buy 2 Get 1 Free 12/4/16-12/10/16
51 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - The People's Cabinet?...Trump's administration for millionaire..
122 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside GTA Online: Import/Export coming December
46 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 4 - Man With Gun Arrested at Comet Ping Pong
180 comments
1 day ago