Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Brother acts like little sister is invisible & she believes him
39 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Her ass is stupid thick
30 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oh My Damn!!!!
72 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #5541
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,585 | Props total: 11969 11969
kudos to the staff on finding this kid johnathan feliciano

kid looks like a beast and since he commited his list of offers has blown up

FSU, USF, Wake forrest, South Carolina, Tennesse, Arkansas, Maryland all offered

7 years ago '04        #5542
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
new running back commit -

only taking 2 running backs this class, other one will prolly be gore
 7 years ago '05        #5543
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
lmao love how glen cook played football and is undrafted in the nfl
doesnt even play with the baseball team and gets drafted in the mlb draft

wow my boys from the baseball team must be heated lol
 7 years ago '05        #5544
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,657 | Props total: 3755 3755
I can't believe ya'll took Hall, that n*gga is a.ss...I think FSU offered him too, but wasn't really recruiting him. He will probably end up transferring in 2 years. I have a feeling ya'll not gettin Gore now, which would be a surprise from no where
 7 years ago '06        #5545
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
ass??? thats a lil harsh

we also got a commit from maurice haggins today

nice fullback recruit

i like him better than tiger powell
 7 years ago '05        #5546
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
ass??? thats a lil harsh

we also got a commit from maurice haggins today

nice fullback recruit

i like him better than tiger powell
not a.ss, more like USF, UCF quality type player
 7 years ago '06        #5547
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 Junior G said:
not a.ss, more like USF, UCF quality type player
funny you say that... you nollie "experts think otherwise

Per the Noles (they love this kid):

animal2005

Darion Hall commits Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Naples (FL) Lely High School running back Darion Hall committed to Miami.

Hall is a Cane

Check out animal2005 on

Posted on 6/10 5:23 PM | IP: Logged

ChevyToyz

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good pickup for them, I think he's very underrated

miawisenole

I wonder if Gore is still a lock to them, or if he is exploring other options

"Coach Bowden is a man of character and a man of integrity," he said. "He is a guy that I want to work for. When I sat down with him and we visited, and we visited for a long time, I knew halfway through the conversation that was what I was going to do." FSU OL Coach Rick Trickett

Posted on 6/10 5:53 PM | IP: Logged

FitNole45

Damn, I was just watching his vids thinkin "that kid is pretty damn good" We'll see over the next few years.

anyone else just feeling left out of all these commits?

FSUWxMan

: Darion Hall commits Reply

Originally posted by miawisenole:
I wonder if Gore is still a lock to them, or if he is exploring other options

It doesn't look like Gore will be a Cane anymore. I'm sure Frank is not going to be happy if that's the case.

vern-nole05

Is Miami's campus nice? I've never been down there. Hall said he went to their spring game but, has yet to step foot on campus...

ScalpEmNoles

Originally posted by vern-nole05:
Is Miami's campus nice? I've never been down there. Hall said he went to their spring game but, has yet to step foot on campus...

It's alright. By no means is it the nicest, but it has a very different appeal to it from what I've seen. Stucco everywhere.

FlaVarsity.com

Darion Hall ? Reply

what the deal with this kid from naples? He looks like a stud on the videos.

animal2005

Darion Hall ? Reply

animal2005

Animal or DOT - Darion Hall ? Reply

FSU has offered and is among his leaders.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com

animal2005

Naples (FL) Lely High School RB Darion Hall says a commitment to Miami could come as early as this weekend.

"I might commit early, do it this weekend," the 6-foot-1, 205-pounder with 4.4-secod speed told CaneSport.com. "I just want to get it over with. It's getting really hectic. I get 20-30 letters in the mail every day. It's really crazy."

RB commitment could come this weekend

nole4life24

Are there any questions regarding his character or academics?

Pox2

Originally posted by nole4life24:
Are there any questions regarding his character or academics?

Well on the other site (bushido) an update was done and he said something to the effect that he admitted that during a couple games last year he was slacking, and now that all these offers are coming he wonders how he would of done if he tried harder.

take it for what's worth

imphatdaddy02

This kids vids are far more impressive than Lattimore's. His speed is real, and he is not a small back; will probably grow to 215 to 220lbs.

I want this kid to committ to us and maybe one other "big" back and then we should be done for this year.

Anyone feel their is a faster back than this kid after viewing his vids?

Fear The Spear!

nole4life24

I agree with that last post. I'm sure that statement will ruffle a few feathers, but he does seem to be the better back from what I've seen.

He's faster and breaks a lot more tackles. His vision isn't as good as Lattimore's but he seems to have more potential, we should be going after him hard.

Originally posted by crozea55:

Strongly disagree on that one. If you mean, head to head...Lattimore would see his wide receiver coming up then cut off him leaving Hall without a chance to touch him.

Head to head, Hall plays more aggressively (Lattimore has the size to play like G. Jones, but doesn't, not even close), and would role over Lattimore, juke him, or just flat run by him with his superior speed. If you mean, Lattimore is the better running back, no question about it. He is, and will outperform Hall this season I imagine.

However, you can teach Lattimore's elite (I do mean ELITE, he has perfected this!) but you can't teach Hall's explosiveness, or aggressiveness. Hall will be better in college, I'd bet on it.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

some like him better than Lattimore

thanks for your input the nollie.... see you on labor day!!!
 7 years ago '05        #5548
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
funny you say that... you nollie "experts think otherwise

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

some like him better than Lattimore

thanks for your input the nollie.... see you on labor day!!!
what the f**k do they know??? there's a reason why I don't post on their boards. i'm the only expert here
 7 years ago '06        #5549
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 Junior G said:
what the f**k do they know??? there's a reason why I don't post on their boards. i'm the only expert here
your coaches wanted him too

alright expert :greetings10:
 7 years ago '05        #5550
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
your coaches wanted him too

alright expert :greetings10:
ok?? and you see where our coaches got us now a.ssy. besides Miami we can't beat nobody else.
 7 years ago '06        #5551
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
word is darius robinson is close to commiting

he commented on OgleTree's myspace saying lets go play for the U

and his headline says " Miami is the place to be "

also expect commits from tyrone cornielous and taylor outta georgia too

we are hitting up georgia and jacksonville hard
 7 years ago '06        #5552
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #5553
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
good to see the staff is back to recruiting actual football players and not putting too much stock into #of stars
 7 years ago '04        #5554
booie4 
space
space
$4,874 | Props total: 585 585
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Fall practices begin in seven weeks, which means a number of new faces will join the team.

Some are already on campus.

There are currently 10 freshmen on campus including six that enrolled in January.

Quarterback A.J. Highsmith, running back Lamar Miller, defensive end Dyron Dye, and safety Ray Ray Armstrong joined the six this summer and are participating in off-season summer workouts.

Highsmith was given number 19, Miller will wear 27, Dye got number 49, and Armstrong will done the 26 as comparisons to Sean Taylor are sure to follow him throughout his career.

Of the four Miller and Armstrong have the best chance of playing in 2009 while Highsmith and Dye, who has gained at least 20 pounds in the past year, are likely to redshirt.

Miller, our top-ranked 2009 player in Miami-Dade who rushed for 1,719 yards and 22 touchdowns as a senior at k!llian, has excellent speed and is already built for the college game at 5-foot-11 and 205 pounds. Despite a logjam at tailback, Miller should excel in fall practices and be given a serious look this fall.

Armstrong has a very strong opportunity to crack the starting lineup this season as a safety. Vaughn Telemaque and Randy Phillips are the team’s top two safeties right now, but don’t be surprised to see Armstrong in there, likely surpassing Phillips. Armstrong is likely the gem of the 2009 signing class and has a bright future ahead of himself as a talented and aggressive 6-foot-4, 215-pound athlete.

The six signees that enrolled in January and participated in spring practices are: RB Mike James, OLs Brandon Washington and Jermaine Johnson, DE Olivier Vernon, DT Curtis Porter, and CB Brandon McGee.

In the spring, James made a quite a splash as he made a number of big runs and displayed a work ethic that impressed the upperclassmen. He is expected to be given a serious look at reps this fall although junior Graig Cooper and Javarris James will be given the first crack.

On the defensive side of the ball, Vernon proved he is deserving to be in the rotation at the defensive end. Vernon did an excellent job throughout the spring and was a bit of a surprise to some with how well he adjusted to the college game.

McGee is going to be a very important piece in this freshmen class as he’s the only true cornerback the team signed. McGee showed flashes in the spring, but a broken finger kept him out for the second half of the spring, which hampered his development. However, all signs point towards McGee being a very good player in the future.

Another freshman who had a sold spring was Washington, who has the potential to be a great guard at Miami. Washington is a physically impressive young player with good strength. a.ssuming he works hard in the offseason and throughout fall practices, he’ll be in the mix this season.

Johnson and Porter are likely to redshirt this season as they are still at least a year off from being serious contributors.

Nine Others Waiting to Enroll

There are nine other freshmen in the 2009 class that are waiting to arrive at UM.

On offense TEs Billy Sanders and Stephen Plein and OLs Malcolm Bunche, Jared Wheeler, and Cory White are still yet to arrive.

The defense is looking to be bolstered with the additions of DT Luther Robinson, LB Shayon Green, DB Prince Kent, and S Jamal Reid.
 7 years ago '06        #5555
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
"Aside from his great experience at Michigan, the biggest news came when Clements revealed to FlaVarsity.com that a former favorite is now back in the mix.

"After having a good talk with my Mom last night, I would put Miami in my top three. It's Georgia, Miami and Michigan right now. I like Georgia the best because of the closeness I have with the staff there and just feeling at home. I also like how they are going to utilize me"
me personally i want to see what he does in his senior season

cause last year was :sick:
 7 years ago '04        #5556
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
S Wylie Leaving UM
Jun. 20, 2009

By: Christopher Stock

Joe Wylie
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. -- Safety Joe Wylie will not be back at Miami in 2009.

Wylie, a 6-foot-2, 205-pound redshirt freshman safety from Boyd Anderson is transferring from Miami according to his high school coach Mark James.

"He will not be back at Miami this season," James said. "I know he wanted to go somewhere where he could play."

Wylie registered one tackle in one game in 2008 before suffering an injury, which sidelined him the rest of the year.

Wylie is expected to transfer to Tennessee State, a Division I-AA school, according to James.

James spoke with Wylie about his potential encouraging him to stay at Miami while working hard in practice and being patient for his time to come.

"I really hoped he would stay," James said.

Despite the departure of Wylie, Miami appears set at safety for the future with Vaughn Telemaque earning plenty of praise from the coaching staff and incoming freshman Ray Ray Armstrong.

Wylie's father, Joe Wylie Sr., was a standout basketball player at Miami from 1988-91.
 7 years ago '04        #5557
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
Canes would prefer to recruit Florida-only

> Posted by Shandel Richardson on June 16, 2009 01:46 PM
CORAL GABLES _ Had a chance to catch up with defensive line coach/recruiting coordinator Clint Hurtt Monday to talk a little recruiting.

Hurtt had some interesting things to say when pressed about recruiting wants. Without commenting directly, he kind of shed some light on the whole Bryce Brown situation. Remember how the Hurricanes rescinded their scholarship offer after playing the Brown waiting game?

It just appears UM is focusing more on local talent. The coaching staff would rather stay in Florida than try to lure kids from other stats. They feel the crop is more fertile in area codes such as 305, 561 and 407.

"I'll always take a kid that is highly productive in Dade, Broward and Palm Beach County," Hurtt said. "If you give me a running back that runs for 1,000 yards in Florida, I'd take that over a kid that runs for over 2,500 in a lot of other states."

Hurtt said the goal is for the staff to hit as many state high school as possible throughout the recruiting calendar. As he put it, they would rather avoid losing ground here than using resources to go out-of-state.

My question is what should be percentage of Florida players on the roster? 75 percent? 90? 99.9?

I'll have more from Hurtt in a recruiting story that will run in the actual newspaper in the coming days.
 7 years ago '04        #5558
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
Luginbill favors UM's new recruiting approach

> Posted by Shandel Richardson on June 15, 2009 12:02 PM
This blog post is dedicated to L.Coke. Strive to be the best poster ...

The UM coaches have been pretty clear about their recruiting intentions.

Gone are the days of strictly going after the so-called four- and five-star recruits. Coach Randy Shannon wants the best football players out there, regardless of what some Internet recruiting website says. The Hurricanes aren't necessarily going after the players who have the best 40 times or bench press, but those who produce on the field.

ESPN recruiting analyst Tom Luginbill said he's in full support of Shannon's decision.

"In my opinion, you've got to stay true to your own evaluation, your own blueprint," Luginbill said. "Don't worry about what everybody else is saying, but that's a very difficult thing to do."

With so many recruiting and scouting services nowadays, it's very easy for coaches to fall victim of the hype. In past interviews, Shannon said UM may have focused too much on the "star system." And the Hurricanes have been burned by it, which has been part to blame for this recent downfall.

"What happens is there is much information out there about guys," Luginbill said. "Most of it can be untrue. A lot of it is perpetuated by people who are claiming to be recruiting analysts, but don't know if a football is pumped or stuffed ...I think there's a fine line between what's a so-called four-star and five-star recruit by today's standard. Remember this is a projection. You're saying something about a guy who is 17 about what he is going to be at 21."
The Hurricanes continue to reel in top talent, but are learning to get a good mix. If you look at the current class, there aren't any of the so-called big-time recruits ... yet. According to the Orlando Sentinel's Top 100 in state, UM's best recruit was only ranked No. 29. Of course, that will likely change in the coming months. Still, it's obvious the Hurricanes are focusing more on their own evaluating.

Luginbill likes to use the example of sophomore linebacker Sean Spence. He was overlooked because of his size, but a player UM recruited heavily because of his talent. Spence is now arguably one of the nation's top young linebackers.

"It's a fine line," Luginbill said. "You've got to be careful. You can't walk away from too many (five-star recruits). It's just a very delicate line."

ESPN is expected to release its national Top 150 in August. Despite the change in approach, Luginbill expects the `Canes to be well represented on the list. Look for at least four of the seven verbal commitments to appear in the rankings. That's not bad considering the pool consists of at least 2,000 players across the country.
 7 years ago '04        #5559
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
UM: Burned by Web hype, recruiters go with gut
By Shandel Richardson | South Florida Sun-Sentinel
June 22, 2009
CORAL GABLES - Recruiting had become simple for the University of Miami football staff.

While counterparts were out scouring the country for the next All-American, the Hurricanes coaches were likely parked in front of a computer with a pad and pen. They surfed Internet recruiting sites in search of talent, almost forgetting their own evaluation in the process.

After following the advice of recruiting gurus helped lead to the program's recent decline, the Hurricanes have returned to trusting themselves when it comes to finding talent. Third-year coach Randy Shannon continues to emphasize the idea of recruiting based on staff judgment instead of a website's rankings.

"That's accurate," UM recruiting coordinator Clint Hurtt said. "We spent way too much time recruiting off [Internet] lists and finding these top guys instead of truly evaluating. You can't just go off hearsay or just because Florida, Florida State or Alabama is recruiting him. That doesn't mean a thing."

Related links
Play and Win: Play the Backyard Blitz and you could win $10,000. Hurtt, also the defensive line coach, said the staff realized it was being burned too frequently by recruiting busts. How else to explain a school once considered college football's top NFL factory having just one player — linebacker Spencer Adkins — taken in this year's draft? Although unfair to place all the blame on recruiting failures, it is widely considered the biggest factor in the decline.

"If you go back and you look at each class, I can go down the list and find some guys who were major recruits that never lived up to the billing," Hurtt said.

In the past six years, the Hurricanes signed top-20 players such as quarterback Kyle Wright, receiver Lance Leggett and tackle Reggie Youngblood. All had decent college careers, but never reached the expectations of their "can't-miss prospect" labels.

That's more than can be said about linebacker Willie Williams and running backs James Bryant and Charlie Jones, considered four-star or higher recruits. Williams was the nation's No. 6 recruit in 2004, according to Rivals.com. After unspectacular performances, all three transferred.

ESPN recruiting analyst Tom Luginbill said the Hurricanes were often caught up in the hype machine that occurs in the world of online recruiting. Many websites claim to rank the best players, but Luginbill said the moment coaches start paying attention to the "star system" is when "a program starts walking a cliff."

"In my opinion, you've got to stay true to your own evaluation, your own blueprint," Luginbill said. "Don't worry about what everybody else is saying, but that's a very difficult thing to do. ... What happens is there is so much information out there about guys. Most of it can be untrue. A lot of it is perpetuated by people who are claiming to be recruiting analysts, but don't know if a football is pumped or stuffed."

UM learned the hard way.

Recruiting misfires factored into the Hurricanes going from playing for consecutive national titles in 2002-03 to a 19-19 record the past three seasons. Much of it occurred under coach Larry Coker, who was fired after the 2006 season. The Hurricanes landed several highly rated recruiting classes during his tenure, but even outsiders noticed they were focusing solely on recruiting sites.

"I used to go in the coaches' offices and sometimes they would literally have Rivals.com up on their screen," said Matt Shodell, who covers UM and its recruiting for CaneSport.com. "I won't name the coaches, but they would be writing names down on pieces of paper. I don't know how much film they were looking at."

The Hurricanes have since turned to their eyes as the best evaluators of talent. Recruits now commonly say they have yet to receive a UM scholarship offer because coaches haven't seen film.

Hurtt said the staff also avoids highlight tapes that often appear on recruiting sites. Even those can provide false hope.

"The big difference is we're evaluating game film now," Hurtt said. "A lot of times it was highlight tapes, highlight tapes, highlight tapes. That could be just a big teaser for you. You watch it and all of a sudden people are geeked up. Then you find the actual game tape, and he doesn't know where he's going on the field and things like that. You find out things in the game film."

Shandel Richardson can be reached at

Kyle Wright
QB 2003: Rated the No. 5 overall player by Rivals.com, but struggled with inconsistency throughout career

Lance Leggett
WR 2004: A top-20 recruit who never developed into the gamebreaker analysts projected

Willie Williams
LB 2004: The nation's top linebacker recruit couldn't make it through a season before transferring

Ryan Moore
WR 2002: Was considered a five-star recruit, but finished career with just 49 catches

James Bryant
FB 2004: A four-star recruit who could never find a position and was suspended three times before transferring
 7 years ago '04        #5560
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
Was player development the issue?

> Posted by Shandel Richardson on June 23, 2009 09:59 AM
Yesterday the Sun Sentinel ran a story discussing UM's recruiting failures the past six years. Recruiting coordinator Clint Hurtt talked how the staff focused too much on recruiting services for information instead of their own evaluating.

His comments drew some interesting responses. Most felt he correctly identified the problem for the program's recent downfall, but a few disagreed. The question raised was whether the Hurricanes coaches properly developed talent during those years.

We've visited this subject before when former Sun Sentinel UM beat writer Omar Kelly was critical of the coaching staff during a radio interview last season. After yesterday's article, I received an email from Ed McLean, a longtime sportswriter for the South Dade News Leader.

McLean, who writes a weekly column, said many of those recruits fell victim to a coaching staff that came up short.

"...The biggest issue was what happened to the kids when they got to UM," McLean said. "It's like the coaches weren't coaches anymore. Player development simply didn't exist and several top recruits were wasted. [Quarterback] Kyle Wright worked with two or three offensive coordinators and it's no wonder that he didn't pan out particularly well."

Back in 2007, Wright's high school coach Craig Berman pretty much told me the same thing. We'll never know the real reason for who was at fault during all those years.

The best answer is each party likely had something to do with it.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Middle School Student in China Proposes to His Teacher, Gets Mercilessl..
26 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Plano High School Curriculum: Beer Pong & Algebra Teacher Puzzy
92 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside The Rothschild Conspiracy explained in 4 minutes
87 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
370 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Envy talks about the difference between Diddy and 50 Cent (Drink Cha..
42 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
73 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
160 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Short niggas take a L. What else is new?
148 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy