Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Forbes: Highest paid YouTube stars :wtf:
145 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Reason why jeremih got kicked out of the tour and possible going to get..
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Soulja Boy - Beef (Quavo Diss)
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This picture more rare than Papoose without a hat
45 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #5281
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,665 | Props total: 3775 3775
 madness said:
one less wideout to worry about:dancingcool:
Miami is already ahead of us, since they have NO wr's we are worried about
 8 years ago '04        #5282
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
 Junior G said:
Miami is already ahead of us, since they have NO wr's we are worried about

i'd be worried about travis benjamin not makin my defense look silly as sh*t again

my n*gga had 90 total yards and 2 touchdowns on 4 touches, cant wait to see what he does with a full year under his belt:agreement6:
 8 years ago '05        #5283
booker20 
space
space
$10,295 | Props total: 0 0
 madness said:

i'd be worried about travis benjamin not makin my defense look silly as sh*t again

my n*gga had 90 total yards and 2 touchdowns on 4 touches, cant wait to see what he does with a full year under his belt:agreement6:
Ponder allowed ya'll to get back in the game our boys stop playing when ur fans started leaving the stadium.... before half
 8 years ago '04        #5284
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 booker20 said:
Ponder allowed ya'll to get back in the game our boys stop playing when ur fans started leaving the stadium.... before half
nix called such a sh*tty game on offense, i would hope FSU wouldve won....12 running plays as opposed to 49 passes and yall only won by 2 and were on the verge of blowing it completely but got saved by a dumbass shields penalty

it may not show during week 1 but the offense will be light years better than it was the past 2 years
 8 years ago '05        #5285
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
 madness said:

lol we made him look good, he still sucks our special teams was a.ss. he had one lucky catch and had about 10 returns sicne we kept scoring on you.
 8 years ago '04        #5286
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 Junior G said:
lol we made him look good, he still sucks our special teams was a.ss. he had one lucky catch and had about 10 returns sicne we kept scoring on you.
@he still sucks, the n*gga damn near broke every punt and kickoff for monster gains. yall n*ggas was sh*ttin yall pants everytime he touched the ball

and he's already a better return man than anyone on FSU
 8 years ago '05        #5287
booker20 
space
space
 madness said:
@he still sucks, the n*gga damn near broke every punt and kickoff for monster gains. yall n*ggas was sh*ttin yall pants everytime he touched the ball

and he's already a better return man than anyone on FSU
that might have been the dumbest thing u said this whole time since last year MRG lead the nation in return yards.... hes gone and we're still gonna be better... if we didnt have Esco garbage a.ss kicking to the 20, Benjamin wouldnt have had a chance... oh and just to let u kno Hopkins puts it in the endzone 85% of the time with no tee in hs
 02-16-2009, 07:48 PM         #5288
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
uall make Greg Reid sound like the greatest corner to ever roam the planet Earth..

dude hasn't played a down of college football yet, settle down.

Aldarius will feast on his midget a.ss no homo
 8 years ago '04        #5289
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 booker20 said:
that might have been the dumbest thing u said this whole time
sorry buddy, nothin is dumber than what your boy Junior G said about reid being better than alphonso smith

booker20 said:
since last year MRG lead the nation in return yards.... hes gone and we're still gonna be better... if we didnt have Esco garbage a.ss kicking to the 20, Benjamin wouldnt have had a chance... oh and just to let u kno Hopkins puts it in the endzone 85% of the time with no tee in hs
yeah, and garvin is gone....which makes my point that benjamin is a better and more proven returner than anyone on FSU right now:agreement6:
 8 years ago '05        #5290
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
 madness said:
sorry buddy, nothin is dumber than what your boy Junior G said about reid being better than alphonso smith

yeah, and garvin is gone....which makes my point that benjamin is a better and more proven returner than anyone on FSU right now:agreement6:
you better get aquainted with my n*gga Reid, dont' worry bout that we gonna see after this n*gga take a couple punts back and picks Harris off bout 5 times. he bout to make a Bobby Boucher entrance into college football. Reid is the next P-Dub when it comes to returns so ummm missing MRG is going to hurt us, we reload unlike Dieami.
 8 years ago '08        #5291
FSU_CANE561 
space
space
$399 | Props total: 3 3
 Junior G said:
you better get aquainted with my n*gga Reid, dont' worry bout that we gonna see after this n*gga take a couple punts back and picks Harris off bout 5 times. he bout to make a Bobby Boucher entrance into college football. Reid is the next P-Dub when it comes to returns so ummm missing MRG is going to hurt us, we reload unlike Dieami.
I guess we're gonna have to wait til Sept. 7 for reality to set back in for you cus right now you talkin video game sh*t. and just like Miami yall been reloading for years, unfortunately longer than us. Its bout that time tho so best of luck to you, but every year Tallahassee and FSU fans say its their year...we're still waiting

And if u gon talk return men, dont forget Hester
 8 years ago '05        #5292
booker20 
space
space
 FSU_CANE561 said:
I guess we're gonna have to wait til Sept. 7 for reality to set back in for you cus right now you talkin video game sh*t. and just like Miami yall been reloading for years, unfortunately longer than us. Its bout that time tho so best of luck to you, but every year Tallahassee and FSU fans say its their year...we're still waiting

And if u gon talk return men, dont forget Hester
I guess ima let u slide because ur a newbie and a little confused but 4 outta the last 5 in this rivalry belong to? I'll wait its all good tho I still like ya'll better than the f*g**t gators
 8 years ago '08        #5293
FSU_CANE561 
space
space
$399 | Props total: 3 3
no need to let it slide, any team is only as good as their last game. We've had our problems and ya'll have capitalized, aint nothing wrong with that.

But to act like FSU has been dominating is ridiculous when the games from the past few years have all been close. Change is here tho but aint no tellin til they take that field in the fall
 8 years ago '04        #5294
booie4 
space
space
$4,874 | Props total: 586 586
Spring football starts on February 24th and it will be a Spring like no other. It will be a Spring that needs to see real action take place, not just a team going through the motions.

For the first time in quite some time, the 'Canes might actually be able to field a first and second team for an actual Spring Game in March.

That being said, we breakdown each position and what Miami has on the field in the Spring:

Quarterbacks - 3

Naturally, Jacory Harris is the starting quarterback and he'd probably be the starter regardless of whether or not Robert Marve had returned or not, but Harris is looking to continue to improve off of what was a pretty good freshman campaign considering he did not get the bulk of the playing time, even though quite frankly, he deserved it far more than Marve did.

Harris showed he could get the job done more often than not as he led the 'Canes to wins over Charleston Southern in the opener and spurred a big time comeback against Duke and Virginia.

Harris finished his freshman with 1,195 passing yards, 12 touchdowns to only 7 interceptions. His passer rating was 125.8 as he completed nearly 61 percent of his passes, quite impressive for a true freshman.

Unlike last Spring where Harris probably took maybe half the snaps, this Spring he can expect to take about 80 percent of the snaps while the remaining quarterbacks get about 20 percent of them.

Those other quarterbacks would be redshirt freshmen Taylor Cook and Cannon Smith. Smith got in to one game last year in the season opener against Charleston Southern. He completed one pass for two yards and didn't play again the rest of the season.

Cook did not take a snap last year as he was still recovering from a torn ACL suffered during his senior year of high school.

What Cook provides as a quarterback is a 6-foot-7 frame that Smith does not have which could propel Cook to the back up role if he shows that he can get the job done. Smith does have the experience under his belt of having played a full Spring unlike Cook who did not get that opportunity last year.

Smith will probably start off as the back up, but by the end of the Spring, Cook should supplant him in the back up role.
 8 years ago '04        #5295
booie4 
space
space
GABLES, Fla. -- Wide receiver Tommy Streeter is expected to be fully participate in spring practices according to a source close to the team.

Streeter missed the 2008 season after having season-ending surgery on his wrist in August during fall practices.

He returned to the practice field in December as the team prepared for the Emerald Bowl, but he was limited to just running routes and did not fully participate in practice.

The 6-foot-5 Streeter came to Miami at 200 pounds, but has put on weight and is up to 210 pounds.

He is looking for playing time in a crowded pack of receivers and according to the source, Streeter is "excited" for spring practices, which begin February 24.

Streeter came to Miami as a highly regarded recruit from Miami Northwestern as he caught 36 passes for 676 yards and 11 touchdowns as a senior in 2007 for the national champions.

With Streeter, who possess very good speed and is a downfield threat, gives the Hurricanes another tall target at wideout along with Aldarius Johnson, LaRon Byrd, and Leonard Hankerson

Feb. 17, 2009
 8 years ago '04        #5296
booie4 
space
space
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Orlando Franklin is one of three returning starters on the offensive line along with Jason Fox and Joel Figueroa.

As of the start of Spring practice next Tuesday he will be a starter at guard, but he's let it be known that he's always wanted to play tackle.

With Fox planted in as the starter at left tackle, the right tackle spot is up for grabs with the graduation of Reggie Youngblood and Chris Rutledge. Offensive line coach Jeff Stoutland has told Franklin he'll get a shot at right tackle.

"Coach Stoutland said I will get an opportunity to play right tackle," Franklin said.

Franklin played last year at 337 pounds and has been hard at work trying to drop the weight necessary to be a quick and effective tackle who get out of his stance quickly for pass blocking against quicker defensive ends. He's dropped nine pounds to 328 showing his determination and the desire to change positions.

"I've always wanted to play right tackle in college," Franklin said.

Allen Bailey Update

Allen Bailey came in as a linebacker. Last year, he played defensive end. Now, Bailey will start at defensive tackle it was announced today when the Spring begins next week. Bailey is currently weighing 289 pounds.

More to come on this later.
 8 years ago '04        #5297
booie4 
space
space
It's been more than half a decade since the 'Canes have had a running back they could rely on game in and game out.

His name is Willis McGahee.

While there is no one on the 'Canes roster that is the same realm of a player like McGahee, it's time the 'Canes start getting production from the running back position.

The Spring will give a good idea as to what Miami can expect.

Running Backs - 5

The problem that Miami has at running back is that Javarris James has simply not lived up to the hype. He's been named the starter over and over again since his freshman year, but injuries have cut his Miami career short. This is his last go around, his final hurrah. If he doesn't get it done this year, it could make for never seeing the next level, the NFL.

He has long been considered the big back for Miami ever since a pretty successful year as a freshman. Unfortunately, he's been injured the last two seasons preventing him for ever getting the chance to provide that big back in the backfield. Essentially, he's regressed instead of progressed.

Graig Cooper has had to carry the load and his body has been unable to deal with the pounding so Miami has had a very inconsistent running back in Cooper, not to mention his inability to break toe touching tackles leaves fans baffled at times.

Cooper and James are going to be considered the No. 1 and No. 2 running backs in the Spring. In which order, it remains to be seen, but both can expect to get a lot of work this Spring. It would not be wise for Randy Shannon to hold either one of out work unless they are dealing with an injury. This cannot be the time to treat either with white gloves. They need to get hit. They need be football players.

But the surprise could come from Lee Chambers. Chambers had been a forgotten man, but the way he ran in the Emerald Bowl gave reason to wonder if he is one of the missing pieces.

He ran with conviction. He ran aggressively. He broke tackles and flat out, Chambers made plays in that Emerald Bowl game against California. With Shawnbrey McNeal transferring out, Chambers is definitely going to get carries this Spring.

Damien Berry will also get time at running back. He was supposed to be the other big back, but Berry struggled to pick up the offense and that left him behind last season. However, hopefully with a full season of learning and a Spring coming up, it's hopeful that Berry has learned the system.

Ridge freshman Mike James has enrolled and is ready to go. James has good size and good speed and will spend this spring adjusting to college. He should get his reps considering the coaches have kept Cooper and James from a heavy workload in spring and fall practices before.

Fullbacks - 2

Fullbacks Patrick Hill and John Calhoun are also back with Hill coming off a solid year earning the team's unsung hero award while Calhoun redshirted.
 8 years ago '04        #5298
booie4 
space
space
Tailback Javarris James says his injury-riddled 2008 season "was my downfall year."

He's hoping to rise back up this year as a senior.

"It hasn't hit me yet (that I'm a senior)," James said. "I never thought this moment would come. Now that it's here I feel like I'm going to take full advantage of it."

Helping James take advantage of it is a new offense under first-year coordinator Mark Whipple.

Players are studying the new playbook every day. So what is James' take on how the new offense affects the running backs?

"It's great for us," James said. "It gives us the opportunity to get in the open field, get the ball one-on-one, line us up against linebackers. The whole offense - it's a tough offense to learn, but once we get it down pat all of us have a lot of confidence in coach Whipple."

Asked what is hard to learn about Whipple's offense, James said, "It's a pro-style offense. You have different terminology, have to learn a lot more, study the play book a whole lot more. It's not too bad, though. Once you get the feel of it you'll be fine."

Asked how hard it is for the quarterbacks in particular to learn the offense, James said, "Oh, the quarterbacks, I don't really see how they do it. They have to be some smart individuals."

What does Whipple's offense ask of the running backs?

"The things you see guys in the NFL doing - pass blocking, catching the ball out of the backfield," James said. "You have to be the quarterback's eyes as far as protections. You have random protections, have to look at the safeties.

"The offense is going to be fun for us. It's a lot different from what I've been used to since I've been here. I really expect big things from the offense."

James tried to sum up the new offense by saying it's both more conservative and more aggressive than past UM offenses.

* James says the team's first meeting with Whipple wasn't exactly a rah-rah event.

"He's a straight-on guy," James said. "He gave it to us raw. He kind of put us in our place. He said a couple of words in the meeting, kind of caught us by surprise. It was like tough love.

"That was a lot different from what we were used to. We know this guy came here to win. That's what he's been used to."

* James commented on running back signees Mike James and Lamar Miller.

Of James, he said, "He's a strong kid, a fast kid. He's a nice kid, a guy who is going to work hard. You're not going to hear about him getting in trouble. He's like an old country boy. I expect him to do a lot of things this year."

Of Miller, James said, "From the recruiting process me and Graig (Cooper) had a chance to talk to him. I've seen film on him. He's an explosive kid. Every running back here that comes in and does what they've got to do, they're going to have a chance to play."

James added, "Their job is to take my job away, and my job is to not let them take my job. That's all a part of being here at the University of Miami. If you're scared to compete, this is not the school you want to come to."

* Of how he is physically right now, James said, "I'm feeling good. I told myself maybe I need to work out harder. I don't know how that's possible with coach (Andreu) Swasey, but maybe I need to do the little things. It's my last go round. I'm going to hopefully have a healthy season."

* Asked where Lee Chambers fits in, James said, "I was proud seeing him doing well (in the bowl game). He worked hard the whole year. Like I told him, once you get that opportunity you have to take advantage of it. That's what he did."

* James said when he arrived at UM he expected to be in school three years before going to the NFL. His plans changed after two injury-plagued seasons. He petitioned the NFL advisory committee last year but opted to return to school. He says where the committee placed him in the draft "was a lot better than what I expected. It was tempting. But I didn't have a healthy season, didn't really accomplish anything here and felt it was best for me and my teammates if I came back."

James declined to say in which round he was projected to be drafted.

* James said departed quarterback Robert Marve "is my boy. Wherever he goes, I hope he dominates unless they play us."

* Of Jacory Harris, James says that "He's our quarterback. You see him out there, he's taking more leadership, knows everybody's looking at him. He's a kid that doesn't care about pressure. He's a different type of kid. I feel he'll do a lot for us."

James says Harris is taking on more of a vocal role this season.

"He gets up in your ear, tells you what you're doing wrong, let's you know `I'm going to need you this year,'" James said. "When guys start goofing around he takes charge. That's the best thing I see."
 8 years ago '04        #5299
booie4 
space
space
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Allen Bailey came to Miami in 2007 as a linebacker.

Last season, he moved to defensive end after putting on weight.

Now, he says he will begin the spring as a defensive tackle at 6-foot-4 and 289 pounds--four pounds heavier than last season.

"I prefer outside (at defensive end), but it's alright in the inside," Bailey said.

Bailey, who played some defensive tackle in key situations last year, says he is with the first unit alongside Joe Joseph with Marcus Forston and Josh Holmes backing them. Micanor Regis, Jeremy Lewis, and Curtis Porter are also looking to add depth to the team.

He expects to play some defensive end too, but if things go well in the spring for him, it appears he's found a new position.

"I'm not a typical D-tackle, so I would have some advantages," Bailey said.

Last season, Bailey recorded 24 tackles, nine for a loss, and five sacks in 12 games.

"(Defensive tackle) is way different from the end position," Bailey said. "It's close quarters with everything right in front of you and you dont' have much time to think. It was a battle and a little rough for me."

Miami has a defensive coordinator this year as John Lovett has taken over for Bill Young, who left for Oklahoma State.

Bailey thinks the defense will change the role of the linemen.

"It seems like it will be a little bit easier for the D-line that last year," Bailey said. "No more dropping, it's more basic stuff."

The new defense will give the linemen more of an opportunity to make plays behind the line of scrimmage.

"It will probably show a d-lineman's talent a little more instead of dropping into coverage," Bailey said. "It shows our rushing skills and abilities."

Bailey says he has not met Lovett yet personally.

"Not personally, but meeting wise, that's about it," Bailey said. "It seems like a down to earth dude. He's putt in a couple things, but not too much. We are going to put a little portion of it in the spring and the rest in summer and fall."

Bailey says the team's goal this year is an ACC Championship, which they have not won since joining the conference.

"You can feel by walking through the weight room that everyone is excited," Bailey said.
 8 years ago '05        #5300
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
Cane lock

pahokee (fl) high school wr de'joshua johnson received a cane offer two weeks ago.

That pushed him up to 11 offers, including the likes of usf, tennessee, florida state and michigan.

"i've talked to miami coaches - coach (clint) hurtt," johnson said. "he talks about the opportunities i have to come in and play, how good it is to come to miami. I talk to him twice a week."

of where um fits into his recruiting picture, johnson said, "i have a lot of interest in miami. They're very high."

johnson says he's also high on tennessee, florida state and south florida.

"florida state and miami will be at the top always," johnson says.

He grew up a florida state fan, but says he roots for miami any time the canes are not playing the noles.

Last year johnson finished with 25 receptions for 474 yards and eight touchdowns. He also played quarterback and threw four touchdown passes with two interceptions. On defense he had one interception.

"the kid is explosive," pahokee high coach blaze thompson said. "he's kind of like a travis benjamin type player. He's almost a mirror image of travis without the long dreads. He runs a mid 4.3 (at 5-foot-11 and 165 pounds)."

johnson says he also hears comparisons to preston parker.

What is most important for him in a college?

"playing as soon as i get to a school," he says.

Johnson says he would like to make a decision by october.

He says he'll be attending um spring practices with teammate zachary allen, who is a cane lean.

"me and zach are best friends," johnson said. "it's a 50/50 chance we'll go to the same college."
Home      

most viewed right now
Dec 4 - Man With Gun Arrested at Comet Ping Pong
160 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Best Buy Buy 2 Get 1 Free 12/4/16-12/10/16
50 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - The People's Cabinet?...Trump's administration for millionaire..
108 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Why Derrick Rose Got Injured, Scientifically
59 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Blackberry Byke
40 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Killing Me Softy
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Middle School Student in China Proposes to His Teacher, Gets Mercilessl..
39 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
'Member Lil B?
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy