most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Melissa Ford !!
48 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kool Killa Klay Highlights vs Pacers (2016.12.05) 60 points, Grand Wizadry
87 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #5201
booie4 
space
space
$4,874 | Props total: 586 586
Sheldon Richardson's flight home will be one with a lot of thought. The tight end just finished his visit to Miami and we caught up with him as he was sitting on the plane getting ready for his flight back home to make a final decision: Missouri, the school he committed to quite some time ago, and Miami, the school that's pushing hard and has never stopped trying to recruit him.

Richardson was still a Missouri commitment before arriving in Coral Gables this weekend, but he's having a serious change of heart. He wouldn't even call himself a Mizzou commitment anymore while sitting on the plane home.

His trip to Miami was fantastic and he's really wondering what the right decision is. Go with Mizzou or Miami? Tough choice, but he'll make that official decision on signing day Wednesday at 11:30 a.m. Missouri time.

"Oh yeah, it did, it did, it did," Richardson said of the visit being even better than expected. "Man I had a blast. I don't know no more. Everything is up in the air now."

He will go home today and sit down and talk with his parents and again make the decision on signing day. He said his phone is being turned off tonight so that nobody contacts him anymore.

"My phone is going to be off. We are just going to have to wait until signing. I have to talk it over with my folks. Richard Gordon showed me a good time, just showed me around, went to a couple of parties and that's about it," Richardson said.

But it may have been the head man himself, Randy Shannon, who put it over the top for Richardson when it comes down to making his decision.

"Yeah, that was cool. That was real nice meeting coach Shannon, he seems real cool laid back and respectful," Richardson said.

Richardson said that his conversation with Shannon was all about playing tight end.

"Yeah, it's all tight end," Richardson said.

And he knows that playing time will be available with Dedrick Epps out for quite some time with a torn ACL.

"Yeah, I know (playing time is there)," Richardson said.

But it's all UM and UM, Mizzou vs. Miami. It's been quite some time since Miami had to battle a Big 12 team for a recruit, but this could be a huge pick up at a position of need.

"We are just going to have to see on signing day which ever letter of intent I signed," Richardson said. "I'll probably have two hats with me or just my letter of intent to both schools and sign the one I want, but I won't be in school until 11:30 a.m. when it's time to sign," Richardson said.

Other Recruits

Richardson said he had the chance to talk to a lot of different recruits that are not committed, including Peter White, Quinton Washington, Andrew Tiller and others who remain up in the air like him.

"Yeah, I talked to all the guys on the fence. It's a big decision and they ain't rushing into nothing. They are going to talk to their folks too."
 02-01-2009, 10:02 PM         #5202
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I sure hope we can get this dude...
 8 years ago '05        #5203
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
read that marcus hall committed to the suckeyes
 02-03-2009, 06:08 PM         #5204
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Any news on Richardson??
 8 years ago '05        #5205
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
is greg reid a long shot?
 8 years ago '04        #5206
booie4 
space
space
Fort Myers (Fla.) High School's Stephen Plein initially committed to UM coaches in June.

He was supposed to enroll early and participate in spring ball, but an NCAA snag held him back. He has now signed and will arrive in June.

Plein was held up by a class the NCAA questioned, and he has missed the deadline to enroll this semester.

"He hasn't been officially denied (being cleared by the NCAA) yet," Stephen's father, Danny said. "The important thing is he gets approved at some point in time so he can come (in June)."

Pline signed his letter-of-intent to attend UM minutes ago.

"Miami's close to home - I love the campus, the tradition," said Plein, who played for Canton (Ga.) Sequoyah High before transferring to Fort Myers High last January. "I've been a Cane fan for a pretty long time. I love the coaching staff."

Plein finished his senior year with 49 tackles, four sacks and three fumble recoveries. He only played defense - he played in a run-based offense in high school. Plein also missed three games due to suspension for a run-in with an official that Plein says was a misunderstanding.

With Plein not playing tight end or offensive line this year, will that make for a tougher transition to college?

"I started at tight end since freshman year varsity (up through last year)," said Plein, who has been timed at 4.83 seconds in the 40. "I don't feel I'll forget anything. I haven't worried about losing any steps playing tight end in college just because I'm playing defense."

Plein is at the bottom of the barrel for this class when it comes to rankings and stars - he is unranked by Rivals.com.

But, as coaches around the nation will tell you, stars don't always mean much.

"Those recruiting services have become more important than kids being seen and watching them develop," Ft. Myers coach Sam Sirianni said. "Football, a kid develops his senior year. If a program doesn't land a four or five star kid, their fans think they've failed. It's frustrating on their end and frustrating to us.

"This kid is clearly some stars. He has the potential to be a big-time player. And that's all the recruiting process can be. His upside puts him in potential to be a 3, 4, 5 star. He has great measurables, will be a big, strong kid. He's got a desire and a work habit to maximize his ability. He's still a pup, but he's got such a great frame to work with. He's a hard worker. He'll succeed at the next
 8 years ago '04        #5207
booie4 
space
space
Sanford (FL) Seminole High School DB Ray Ray Armstrong committed to UM at the Under Armour All-American game Jan. 4.

And he has stuck by his word.

Armstrong is confirmed as a Cane signee.

He says he chose Miami because "They put a lot of people in the NFL. It's a great school."

Armstrong saw time on both sides of the ball this season but is expected to be a defensive back at Miami with the potential to compete to be a starter as a true freshman. He is considered one of the best pure athletes in the country.

At quarterback he threw for 656 yards and six touchdowns this past year, and he also rushed for 562 yards, averaging 5.7 yards per carry. He had 35 tackles on defense.

"He has a great knowledge of the game, is a big kid that will knock the crap out of you," Sanford coach Michael Cullison says. "When you see him play he stands out. He's like one of those guys if you go to a baseball game, see a bunch of scouts and they have their JUGS machine out and all of a sudden you hear `Wow!' Enough said. He stands out. He's that type of player at 6-4, 218."

Armstrong is ranked the nation's No. 13 overall player regardless of position by Rivals.com
 8 years ago '04        #5208
booie4 
space
space
Sanford (Fla.) Seminole High School DE Dyron Dye committed to Miami at the Under Armour All-American game in Orlando, Fla.

And he's now made that decision official. He's confirmed as a Cane signee.

Why did he pick UM?

"The place is in Coral Gables, which is real nice," Dye said. "And I always loved Miami. Everyone wants to go to Miami. You can tell everything the coaches there say is true, and the players act like brothers."

As a junior Dye had 13.5 sacks, five forced fumbles and 65 tackles.

This year he had 65 tackles and had three catches for 46 yards.

Dye's high school coach, Michael Cullison, says the Canes have a big catch in the defensive end.

"He's got a great get-off on the football," Cullison said. "He wants to be one of the best at his position. His speed is outstanding - he's 6-5, 230 and ran an 11.3 in the 100. He's strong, and his get-off is good and his motor is good."

ESPN's evaluation of Dye says that "there is plenty to like about Dye as a defensive end prospect. He has a tall frame to add bulk, displays good speed to chase plays, and he is a physical defender. While these things are good qualities there is one thing that really stands out about this prospect and that is his get-off. Dye possesses one of the quickest get-offs in the 2009 class. Displays the ability on a consistent basis to fire off the ball and start moving before the man in front of him. Anytime you can get-off the ball that quickly you got a good chance of making plays and being disruptive."

Dye was ranked No. 4 by Rivals.com in the "Quickest First Step" category, and he is rated the nation's No. 6 weakside defensive end prospect.

He has high hopes for his freshman year at Miami.

"I want to come in and be a starter and make a big impact," Dye said "I weigh 230 pounds now and want to come in at 250. I'll just be working out, putting on weight before I get there."
 8 years ago '04        #5209
booie4 
space
space
Mayo (Fla.) Lafayette High School DB Jamal Reid initially committed to Cane coaches Sept. 25. UM was his first offer - UM offered last February.

He is a confirmed Cane signee.

"I knew in my heart I was a Hurricane, so I made the decision," Reid said of making his commitment. "I was worried they were going to get another commitment and wouldn't have room for me. I wanted to be (in the class). Their DB's make it to the NFL. They produce NFL players."

Reid's decision made his mother very happy.

"My mother is a huge Miami fan," Reid said. "I don't know why, but she was the whole time I was growing up.

"She was really proud of me when I got a Miami offer."

Reid played receiver, defensive back and was on every special teams unit this past season.

He finished the year with 49 receptions for 1,200 yards and 17 touchdowns. On defense he had six interceptions, one returned for a touchdown, and 75 tackles. He also had a punt return for a score and fumble recovery that he took back for a touchdown.

As a junior he had 42 catches for 1,013 yards with 15 scores. He added nine interceptions (three returned for touchdowns) and 44 tackles on defense, and he had three punt returns for touchdowns.

His sophomore year he had 56 catches for 1,072 yards and 17 touchdowns.

He's the school's all-time leading receiver.

"He's such a great all-around player," Lafayette High coach Joey Pearson said of the 6-foot-1, 175-pounder. "He's a factor on every play whether on offense, defense, special teams. He is always around the ball.

"I expect him to be very successful at Miami. He's very hungry and wants to succeed. He runs a million routes at practice and then turns around and plays DB."
 8 years ago '04        #5210
booie4 
space
space
Newark (Del.) High School OL Malcolm Bunche was wowed during an official visit to Miami two weeks ago. He felt comfortable at UM and knew that was where he wanted to attend college.

He committed a day after the visit, Jan. 26, and is now confirmed as a Cane signee.

"Miami is a great school, has a good football program and obviously the academic program," said Bunche, who was a one-time Rutgers commitment. "They just have been a great school throughout the years. They've always had a great history in football."

Bunche says his relationship with line coach Jeff Stoutland was a key in his decision. Stoutland previously had a relationship with Bunche's high school coach, Butch Simpson, because he recruited former Newark High standout Orien Harris when he was at Michigan State.

"(Stoutland's) very sincere," the 6-foot-5, 315-pounder said. "He's a great guy just to talk to. He has a great personality. Just talking to him I know he's a good friend to some of the athletes. I just can't wait to see him in coaching mode.

"(Stoutland) was saying how I'm a person they need, how I would play right tackle."

Among Bunche's other offers were West Virginia, Maryland, USF, Delaware and Syracuse.

"Miami offered me in May - they heard about me and the coach came up and he saw my highlight film and he said they were offering me a full scholarship," Bunche said. "Miami (said) they need some big offensive linemen like myself."

Bunche is rated a three-star prospect by Rivals.com. He's ranked the No. 39 offensive tackle prospect in the nation.
 8 years ago '04        #5211
booie4 
space
space
Fort Bend (Tex.) Hightower High School QB A.J. Highsmith's father, Alonzo, is a former Cane.

And now A.J. is following in dad's footsteps.

He committed last February and stayed strong in his commitment throughout the recruiting process. He is now confirmed as a UM signee.

"I (grew up with) a street sign over my doorway to my room that says `Hurricane Alley,'" Highsmith said. "I have a whole bunch of Miami equipment, sweatshirts and shirts. I have a Sean Taylor jersey hanging on my wall, No. 26."

When Highsmith committed, he told coach Tommie Robinson, "that I wanted to be a Cane my whole life. This is a great opportunity to be on the team. That's all I wanted as long as I've been playing football is to go to Miami."

Highsmith, whose first name is short for Alonzo Jr., threw for 2,100 yards with 28 passing touchdowns and four interceptions. He also ran for 500 yards and six more scores.

What did he learn most from a season in which his team was 13-1 and lost in the state title game?

"I just learned how to be patient and take what the defense gives me," the 6-foot-0, 190-pounder said. "I learned how to manage the game more."

As a junior Highsmith passed for 2,400 yards with 22 touchdowns and 11 interceptions, adding five rushing scores. His sophomore year he passed for 2,300 yards with 21 touchdowns and six interceptions. He also had four more touchdowns rushing.

He became a starter for the final three games of his freshman season.

"I would compare him to a Drew Brees with running ability," Alonzo says.

Other programs offering Highsmith scholarships included Boston College, Alabama, Texas A&M, Virginia and Georgia Tech.
 8 years ago '04        #5212
booie4 
space
space
Jacksonville (Fla.) Fleming Island High School OL/TE Cory White initially committed to Cane coaches May 14. And he stuck by his word the rest of the way.

He is confirmed as a UM signee.

"Coach (Jeff) Stoutland, he says how he likes me, that I can be a good a.sset to the team," White said. "The University of Miami has a good pre-med program, which I want to major in. And I wanted to stay in-state because my dad's my No. 1 supporter. I wanted him to make it to a lot of my games."

The 6-foot-5, 235-pounder with 4.7-second speed was recruited by most schools as a tight end, and that's the position he prefers to play in college.

"I prefer to play tight end definitely," he said. "I'm more of a runner. I'll try to keep weight down, get to 260 and be at tight end."

But he knows it's a possibility he'll wind up playing on the offensive line.

"It all depends on how much weight I put on," White said. "If I max out at 260, 265, they'll send me to tight end. But if I keep progressing in weight I'll be a tackle. I want to be at tight end, but it's wherever the team needs me."

White's played his freshman and sophomore years at Jacksonville Orange Park High School, and he played both ways - at tight end and defensive end. He played tight end and offensive tackle the last two years, and when he lined up at tight end he was utilized in a blocking capacity.

Fleming Island High coach Neal Chipoletti sees offensive line as White's final destination.

"All our tackles are athletic for the scheme we do (and) he was a good fit for us," said Chipoletti, whose team finished 8-2 this year. "When he puts his mind to it and tries to eat the right things he puts on weight very quickly. I think he'll make 250 (pounds) by summer. I hope he reports there at 255. He's at 235 right now, so it's not too far of a reach."
 8 years ago '04        #5213
booie4 
space
space
Fort Pierce (FL) Westwood High School DT Luther Robinson committed to Miami April 28.

While he never decommitted, there were some concerns he would ink with Florida today.

Those worries were unfounded. He is confirmed as a Cane signee.

"I like the academics, small classes (at Miami) and it's close to home," Robinson said.

Robinson was initially lightly recruited by the Canes, receiving only two form letters before a scholarship offer arrived out of the blue last February.

The UM coaches had reviewed Robinson's film and were obviously impressed.

"I was happy when I got the offer," Robinson said. "Even then that's where I thought I'd wind up.

Robinson played both ways in high school but was recruited to play defense by Miami.

A 6-foot-3, 281-pounder with 4.75-second speed in the 40-yard dash, Robinson said Florida and Georgia recruited him as an offensive lineman.

"The rest (recruited me) for defensive line," he said.

As a junior Robinson had eight sacks and 62 tackles, seven for losses, despite missing the first two games during an appeal process following a transfer from John Carroll High School.

This year Robinson had over 71 tackles, 12 sacks, 11 tackles for losses, two forced fumbles, a fumble recovery and interception.

"This is a guy that has hand speed like Jason Taylor," Westwood High coach Waides Ashmon said. "The way he moves his hands, works his hands reminds you of a young Jason Taylor. He has outstanding hands to be a senior in high school - his placement, hand speed."

Robinson is rated a four-star prospect by Rivals.com. He's ranked the No. 17 defensive tackle prospect in the nation.
 8 years ago '04        #5214
booie4 
space
space
Tifton (GA) Tift County High School LB Shayon Green decommitted from Purdue to Miami Jan. 25 after an official visit to Miami.

And now that decommitment is official: He is confirmed as a Cane signee.

Green said he made the switch to UM because the visit "went great. Everything was great. Words can't explain it."

Green had 15 scholarship offers during the recruiting process, including Alabama and Auburn.

He says UM won out because "I really liked the classroom size, how the professor knows your name, not your number. Also the family atmosphere is great. The team sticks together. You don't see one of them without everyone else."

Green's goals as a Cane?

"Playing early," the 6-foot-2, 235-pounder with 4.6-second speed in the 40 said. "And getting a good education. We should be a real good team in the future, real good."

Green's stats from his senior season were impressive. He had 120 tackles, two sacks and five forced fumbles at linebacker. As a junior he played defensive end and had 60 tackles, eight sacks and an interception.

"He does such a great job running to the football, did a great job pass rushing," Tift County High coach Jay Walls said. "He's an explosive player in that he has great speed and just makes plays. You see him making tackles, sacks, tackles for loss, causes fumbles, recovers fumbles, blocks kicks, just an all-around player."
 8 years ago '04        #5215
booie4 
space
space
American Heritage High School OL Jared Wheeler chose the Canes over Vanderbilt Jan. 5, and now he is confirmed as a Miami signee.

Wheeler also landed offers from Auburn, USF, Louisville, Pittsburgh, Wisconsin and Boston College, among others, during the recruiting process.

Why did he wind up picking Miami?

"UM has all those guys from Northwestern, and I want to be part of that," Wheeler said. "It's obvious that the football program is on the bounce back to becoming good.

Wheeler formed a strong bond with line coach Jeff Stoutland during the recruiting process.

"We pretty much hit it off from the start," Wheeler said. "He's a great guy, great coach. He's a smart guy, can look at a defense and break it down.

"He's definitely a big factor in picking Miami."

Wheeler's coach, Byron Walker, knows what kind of player the Canes have landed in this 6-foot-6, 305-pounder.

"He's a big kid, and he runs real well for a big guy," Walker said. "He's got what the DI guys love - long arms to get leverage on a defender, really good feet."

Wheeler has experience playing center, guard and tackle in his career. He played left tackle this season, and he's started since midway through his freshman year.

"I know the Hurricanes have two tackles graduating, but I don't know if I'll start out at tackle," Wheeler said. "I'm expecting that, but I'll play anything."

He has one major goal on the football field: "I want to definitely win a national championship," he said.
 8 years ago '04        #5216
booie4 
space
space
Norcross (Ga.) High School standout Prince Kent committed to UM in July and stuck by his word.

He is confirmed as a Miami signee.

He hopes to make an immediate impact as a freshman at UM.

"I want to go there and make an impact wherever - special teams, corner or safety," Kent said. "I want to make an impact on the field, period. I think I can play right away."

Kent certainly has shown the ability to make an immediate impact. He finished his senior year with 32 catches for 632 yards and four touchdowns, adding 35 tackles and four pass breakups. He had no interceptions, as other teams rarely tested him.

Kent finished his junior season with seven receptions on offense and 59 tackles, two fumble recoveries and five pass deflections on defense.

He is being recruited as a defensive player.

"He's good enough that he could play cornerback, safety or outside linebacker depending how big he gets," said Norcross High coach Keith Maloof, whose team finished with an 8-4 record this year. "Or he could even play receiver. He's a kid who just started playing football in 10th grade. He played basketball his whole life. We got him and he developed and worked hard and turned into a pretty good football player.

"With a kid that just started playing football has already progressed this far, there's no telling what he can do down the road."

* Kent has arguably the most interesting first name of any Hurricane. How did he get the name "Prince"?

"When my mom was in labor the doctor was telling her there was something wrong with me, that they couldn't find a heart rate," Kent said. "She said `I have to push this child out.' They said no, you're having a C-section. She finally gave in and got a C-section. The doctors told her my umbilical cord was wrapped around my neck, and I was as purple as I could be. Doctors said I could have died if she tried to push me out. My father was so amazed, was thanking God that I made it. His first words he wanted me to hear is `God is the greatest.' And then he said `This is my little prince.' And that stuck
 8 years ago '04        #5217
booie4 
space
space
Miami k!llian High School RB Lamar Miller had offers from numerous top programs around the nation, including Florida State, Florida and LSU.

But he wanted to stay close to home.

Miller is confirmed as a Cane signee.

A 5-foot-11, 205 pounder with 4.28-second speed, Miller has been compared to Clinton Portis in his running style.

He finished his senior season rushing 217 times for 1,749 yards and 22 touchdowns. As a junior he rushed 154 times for 1,126 yards with 12 scores.

"His running ability, speed and power set him apart," k!llian High coach Steve Smith says. "He's a breakaway kid, but we run a lot of power runs, and he's not a kid that's afraid to put his shoulder down, either. He looks the part - he's a very physical looking specimen, very put together. Everyone who sees him likes his film. Miami coaches have said they like the way he runs, his speed being a big kid like that, a physical back."

Miller hopes to play as a true freshman.

"I met Graig Cooper and Javarris James - they were saying it's a good school and that all the running backs there get a chance for playing time," Miller said. "I'm going to try to get playing time, get on the field and help them win."

Miller is ranked the No. 80 prospect in the nation, regardless of position, by Rivals.com. He is the No. 10 ranked running back. He had over 40 scholarship offers.

He also was ranked the No. 2 "Best downhill runner" in the nation by Rivals.com.

"I'm excited to be a Hurricane," Miller said. "I was a Cane fan growing up."
 8 years ago '04        #5218
booie4 
space
space
Coeur d'Alene (ID) Lake City High School TE Billy Sanders committed to Miami early in the recruiting process, then backed out and decommitted to UCLA.

But he took a visit to UM the weekend before signing day, and it convinced him to be a Hurricane.

He is confirmed as a Miami signee.

"It was a tough time deciding," Sanders said. "It was between Miami and UCLA. I decided last night."

What made Miami win out?

"The opportunity to play at tight end early, and their new offensive coordinator (Mark) Whipple who has a lot of tight end plays," Sanders said. "We met with coach Whipple - he just said that I remind him of Bill Celek, the tight end he coached in Philadelphia, and that he thinks it would be a good fit for me to go there."

Sanders also says coach Randy Shannon compared his senior highlight film to a young Jeremy Shockey.

Sanders called up Cane coaches this morning to give them the news.

"They were exited because they need a tight end really badly - they only have one (with experience) going into spring ball," Sanders said.

This past season Sanders had 32 receptions and three touchdowns. He also played defensive end and had 82 tackles and nine sacks.

"I also long snapped," he said.

As a junior at Brophy College Prep in Arizona he played tight end only in the first game, finishing with three catches.

Coaches moved him to defensive end after that and he had 70 tackles and 8.5 sacks.

"We had some injuries on the D line so they shut me off at tight end because they needed more defensive linemen," Sanders said.

The 6-foot-4, 235-pounder with 4.71-second speed says he's happy to be a Cane.

"I'm excited," he said. "I'm excited to go in and play. I'm ready to make an impact."

He hopes that impact comes as a true freshman.

"They said they need to get me in there to play because they have their seniors graduating (after this year)," Sanders said.

"Me and Stephen Plein are the two tight ends."

Sanders is now back living in Arizona. He says he will take two online courses to complete his high school degree and qualify for admission at UM.

"I'll be with my trainer until June, will work out until June," he said.

* Sanders' father, Bill Sr., played tight end for three years with the New York Jets.
 8 years ago '04        #5219
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '05        #5220
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
theres a rumor that shalala might leave to accept a position at washington working for obama...if it is this will be the greatest news since we won the title in 2001
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Single Mothers Infographic
230 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This website shows how frighteningly quick the internet knows everythi..
8 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside South African Snowbunny Fitness Trainer(Lawd Have Mercy!!)
85 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside FAST & FURIOUS 8 Trailer Teaser (2017) (Like the announcement for the a..
43 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Best Buy Buy 2 Get 1 Free 12/4/16-12/10/16
51 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - The People's Cabinet?...Trump's administration for millionaire..
122 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside GTA Online: Import/Export coming December
46 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Brother acts like little sister is invisible & she believes him
73 comments
1 day ago