most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Melissa Ford !!
48 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kool Killa Klay Highlights vs Pacers (2016.12.05) 60 points, Grand Wizadry
87 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 12-26-2006, 01:01 PM         #501
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
December 26, 2006

Mike Farrell
Recruiting Analyst
The dead period is upon us, but that hasn't stopped the recruiting news around the ACC. Four programs attempt to maintain status quo with new head coaches. While North Carolina's new boss Butch Davis is making his presence felt in his former stomping grounds, its Randy Shannon who picked up the biggest commitment of the week.

Boston College | Clemson | Duke | Florida State | Georgia Tech | Maryland
Miami | North Carolina | N.C. State | Virginia | Va. Tech | Wake Forest

Boston College

• Commit List
• EagleAction.com
• Message Board
With Green Bay Packers offensive coordinator Jeff Jagodzinski hired as the new Boston College head coach, look for most of the current Boston College class to remain intact. Jagodzinski comes from the NFL, has a very good r้sum้ when it comes to offensive linemen and has been an offensive coordinator on every level. If he keeps defensive a.ssistants Bill McGovern and Frank Spaziani, that should be enough to keep most everything together. Almost every recruit contacted since the hiring of Jagodzinski was excited.

Clemson

• Commit List
• TigerIllustrated.com
• Message Board
Five-star wide receiver Dwight Jones has set his four official visits. The big wideout will head to North Carolina on Jan. 5, Tennessee on Jan. 12, Clemson on Jan. 19 and Florida on Jan. 26. Jones is a soft verbal commitment to North Carolina, but has forged a solid relationship with Clemson commitment Marcus Gilchrist and his recruiting coach Billy Napier…Clemson lost out on two targets last week when cornerback Larry Asante committed to Nebraska and defensive tackle Olufemi Ajiboye chose South Carolina.

Duke

• Commit List
• DevilsIllustrated.com
• Message Board
With 20 commitments, there are only a few scholarships left for the 2007 class. One of the players they'd like to land is Texas cornerback Randez James. James lists Duke as his favorite after a recent visit to Tulsa, but he wants to visit Purdue before making a decision. Duke wouldn't mind adding one more offensive line commitment if they can steal Florida tackle Elvis Fisher from Missouri and South Florida.

Florida State

• Commit List
• Warchant.com
• Message Board
It's a four-team race for defensive tackle John Brown from Lakeland. The Seminoles and Gators are seemingly the teams to beat. Florida has six Dreadnaughts currently committed and would like to make Brown No. 7. Brown's best friend, Kendrick Stewart, is currently at FSU. Brown has long been linked to the Seminoles, so Florida State is in excellent shape heading into visits. … The offensive line remains the biggest area of need for FSU, and the 'Noles are working hard to pull away two players currently committed to other teams. Louisiana lineman Rishaw Johnson looks like he'll either stick with Ole Miss or switch to FSU. Former FSU commitment Antwane Greenlee, who is now committed to Georgia, recently took an unofficial visit.

Georgia Tech

• Commit List
• JacketsOnLine.com
• Message Board
Georgia Tech has already received its first commitment for 2008. McDonough (Ga.) Henry County wideout Chris Jackson pledged to Chan Gailey last week. Jackson is a good-looking receiver with excellent quickness. He also had an early offer from Tennessee. … Athlete Morgan Burnett doesn't like to name leaders, but word has it that the Jackets will be very tough to beat down the stretch. The Rivals100 standout still has visits left with Florida and Auburn, but it's doubtful that Gailey and company will have to wait that long to receive a commitment.

Maryland

• Commit List
• TerrapinTimes.com
• Message Board
USC transfer Antwine Perez looks like he'll land at Maryland. He is as valuable as any recruit this year - short of Marvin Austin. Perez will have to sit out a year but will still have three years to play. Perez was a Rivals100 member in the class of 2006. He enrolled early at Southern Cal, played sparingly this season and decided he wanted to be back on the east coast….The Terps continue to stay in the battle for Austin, Rob Gronkowski, John Elliott, Tony Tucker and a few others. However, the only one they lead for currently is tight end/linebacker Devonte Campbell. However, a surprise or two down the stretch wouldn't be a shocker.

Miami

• Commit List
• CaneSport.com
• Message Board
The commitment from athlete Doug Wiggins is a good example of what Hurricanes fans can expect from new head coach Randy Shannon. Shannon's first order of business is to keep top players in South Florida at home. Shannon hopes to continue that focus with commitments from players like Deonte Thompson and Major Wright….Former running back commitment Graig Cooper will decided between Miami, UNC and Oklahoma State on Dec. 30. He has said that Miami is still in it, but Butch Davis has been pitching very early playing time.

North Carolina

• Commit List
• CarolinaBlue.com
• Message Board
Cleveland (Ohio) St. Ignatius athlete Matt Merletti jumped on an offer from UNC. Tar Heels head coach Butch Davis worked with Merletti's father and knew Matt as a ball boy for the Cleveland Browns. Matt will likely play cornerback or safety in college….Davis' reputation in South Florida almost allowed him to steal Doug Wiggins from Miami, although the Hurricanes received his commitment Friday night. … Davis' time in Ohio has also allowed him to get in on recruits like Kyle Hubbard and Diauntae Morrow.

North Carolina State

• Commit List
• TheWolfpacker.com
• Message Board
New head coach Tom O'Brien has been in contact with nearly all of the current N.C. State commitments - as well as a few players he received pledges from at Boston College. Offensive lineman Arthur Ray Jr and tight end Lars Anderson, both former BC commits, will likely be visiting in early January. … It looks like the entire offensive staff of the Eagles will be joining O'Brien at N.C. State while some of the defensive coaches could stay at BC. Among those heading to Raleigh is recruiting coordinator Jerry Petercuskie, who has quietly done an exceptional job gathering the current talent at BC.

Virginia

• Commit List
• CavsCorner.com
• Message Board
Pennsylvania offensive lineman Brad Hallick finally de-committed from Virginia after flirting with many other teams throughout the season. Hallick took unofficial visits to Michigan, Penn State and Stanford, and chose the Cardinal after the recent hiring of Jim Harbaugh as head coach. …Linebacker Romale Tucker is deciding between early enrollment at Milford Academy and committing to Syracuse or sticking with his commitment to Virginia and attending Hargrave in August. Rumors have Tucker choosing the former so he can get jump-started on his college career, although Virginia is his favorite.

Virginia Tech

• Commit List
• HokieHaven.com
• Message Board
Defensive end Tony Tucker is down to four schools and wants to decide right after the New Year. Tucker said he's down to Maryland, Pitt, Clemson and Virginia Tech, but sources indicate it will come down to Pitt and Virginia Tech. Tucker loved his visit to Pitt so much that the Panthers could be the team to beat….Virginia Beach (Va.) Salem defensive lineman Chimaeze Okoli had a solid senior year and looks to favor Michigan State and Virginia Tech. He has an official visit set to Tech on Jan. 19. Tech wants another defensive tackle after losing out to Syracuse on Bud Tribbey from Varina.

Wake Forest

• Commit List
• DeaconsIllustrated.com
• Message Board
The stock of defensive end Weslye Saunders is on the rise since his impressive performance at the Shrine Bowl. Wake Forest is still in the mix, but it seems that Saunders is favoring North Carolina and South Carolina heading into January. Florida State is also making a strong charge. … The success of Wake Forest this year is clearly bringing in a higher level of athlete on official and unofficial visits. Wake is already one of the fastest teams in the ACC, and this year's class will make them that much quicker.
 10 years ago '04        #502
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
thanks rakim
 12-28-2006, 03:32 PM         #503
P DEDOS 954 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 10 years ago '04        #504
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
Report: Koetter to take over UM offense
BY SUSAN MILLER DEGNAN, BARRY JACKSON

BOISE, Idaho - COACHING UPDATE

Recently fired Arizona State coach Dirk Koetter has accepted the job as the University of Miami's new offensive coordinator, an unnamed source told ESPN on Sunday night.

After the game, Hurricanes coach Randy Shannon confirmed that Koetter would be ``coming to South Florida this week.''

Added UM athletic director Paul Dee: ``I don't know if it's a done deal.''

Koetter, 47, who also formerly coached Boise State, attended UM's practice on Wednesday and said he had options in the NFL and among colleges.

Koetter's schemes have been pass-heavy at times, but the Sun Devils were nonetheless second in rushing this past season in the Pac-10 Conference. He would replace Rich Olson, who, ironically, recently was hired as the offensive coordinator at Arizona State under new coach Dennis Erickson.

COKER MEMORIES

The Hurricanes have said for the past month that they'll miss Larry Coker, who coached his final game for the Hurricanes on Sunday.

Some reflections:

Linebacker Glenn Cook: ``Coach Coker is such a great coach. He has always kept us upbeat attitude-wise. He doesn't really change.''

Wide receiver Lance Leggett: ``I like his personality. He always keeps us laughing.''

Defensive tackle Kareem Brown: ``Coach Coker would do anything for his players and he really wanted us to be happy.''

Quarterback Kyle Wright: ``We all have so much respect for him.''

Wide receiver Ryan Moore: ``Coach Coker kept everything together. He has given me numerous opportunities, and I'll always appreciate him.''

Guard Derrick Morse: ``He really believed in us, and we'll always be grateful for that.''

INJURY REPORT

UM defensive tackle Teraz McCray sustained an injured right knee late in the third quarter on a play in which Baraka Atkins sacked backup Nevada quarterback Nick Graziano.

CAREER DAYS

• Senior Ryan Moore's 52-yard touchdown catch was a career long.

• Freshman Sam Shields had a career-high 101 yards on four receptions, one for a touchdown.

• Junior quarterback Kirby Freeman had a career-high 272 yards and two touchdowns, with one interception.

HUMANITARIAN

Wide receiver Khalil Jones was UM's representative as the MPC Computers Bowl Humanitarian Award winner. Jones, a 6-2, 218-pound sophomore out of Miami Northwestern High, started three of the 10 games he played this season. Coming into the bowl, he had five catches for 51 yards.

Jones is a frequent volunteer in South Florida for community programs such as the 5000 Role Models, at local schools or on behalf of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. He also was a motivational speaker for the Upward Bound program during the summer.

Jones, who excels academically, is a sports administration major.
 10 years ago '04        #505
space
space
UM FOOTBALL
Canes TE Olsen going pro
BY BARRY JACKSON

University of Miami junior tight end Greg Olsen signed with Miami-based agent Drew Rosenhaus on Monday and will make himself eligible for April's NFL draft.

Olsen, who graduated in December, decided to forego his final year of eligibility. He's considered by many to be the top draft-eligible tight end, with ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. ranking him first among underclassmen at that position.

''The information I'm getting is that he'll be a first-round pick,'' Rosenhaus said. ``He's got rare ability -- great size and speed for the position. He's very athletic. We're confident he will be an impact rookie.''

Olsen's father, Chris, said his son's decision ''was not an easy choice. He's healthy, the timing seems to be right. It seemed like the right time to go.'' Chris Olsen said UM's coaching change was not a factor.

Olsen, who will work out for teams at the NFL combine in Indianapolis in March, finished the season with 40 catches for 499 yards and one touchdown, including two catches for 45 yards in Sunday's 21-20 victory against Nevada in the MPC Computers Bowl. Olsen caught 16 and 31 passes in his previous two years at UM.

When he was a senior out of Wayne High School in New Jersey, Olsen was one of three finalists for the Gatorade National Player of the Year -- an award that went to UM's Kyle Wright. He originally committed to Notre Dame but never played a game for the f!ghting Irish and transferred to Miami after a short stint.

In the past seven years, three UM tight ends have been drafted in the first half of the first round -- Bubba Franks (14th in 2000), Jeremy Shockey (14th in 2002) and Kellen Winslow Jr. (6th in 2004).

Sophomore Chris Zellner (who has been used a lot at H-back), sophomore DajLeon Farr and freshman Dedrick Epps are all expected to compete to replace Olsen.
 10 years ago '04        #506
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
Even though Rosenhaus is a d*ck, he's gonna make Greg Olsen go in the top 15 of the draft.
 10 years ago '04        #507
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,792 | Props total: 1398 1398
 Cap Peeler said:
Even though Rosenhaus is a d*ck, he's gonna make Greg Olsen go in the top 15 of the draft.
yes he is. i bet rosenhaus just stands around Miami's Training Facilities every year around this time just passing out damn buisness cards
 01-01-2007, 09:27 PM         #508
P DEDOS 954 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cap Peeler said:
greg olsen will be a top 15 pick without rosenhaus

C.R.I.P. said:
yes he is. i bet rosenhaus just stands around Miami's Training Facilities every year around this time just passing out damn buisness cards
he does...... the only reason hes rich is becuase gettin the U clients

in rosenhouse mansion he has a big U flag

:rasta:
 01-01-2007, 09:31 PM         #509
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 C.R.I.P. said:

treal talk
 01-01-2007, 10:29 PM         #510
P DEDOS 954 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

no new recruit news ?

:rasta:
 01-02-2007, 06:48 AM         #511
P DEDOS 954 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 01-02-2007, 07:00 AM         #512
shatso 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P DEDOS 954 said:
What he said.
 10 years ago '04        #513
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
UM's Shannon determined to eliminate 'losers' mentality'

By Omar Kelly
South Florida Sun-Sentinel
Posted January 2 2007

BOISE, Idaho -- No matter how uninspiring the Miami Hurricanes appeared Sunday night against Nevada in the MPC Computers Bowl game, new coach Randy Shannon said he was thrilled about the 21-20 win, mainly because it'll go a long way toward eliminating "a losers' mentality."

"It was a huge win for the simple fact that we ended the season on a two-game winning streak. That's big because the guys go in and they know how hard it is to f!ght and to keep pushing," said Shannon, who replaces the fired Larry Coker.

Changing the mind-set of this team, making them tougher and more accountable to one another, is Shannon's tough priority in 2007 as he attempts to get Miami (7-6) back to dynasty status.

The Hurricanes have plenty of experience coming back, as 21 returning players have started six or more games. Tight end Greg Olsen has decided to enter the NFL Draft.

While Shannon is big on competition and has acknowledged enhancing the team's depth through recruiting is his top priority, he also has a budding quarterback controversy on his hands.

Kyle Wright was Miami's starting quarterback for 21 games, throwing for 4,058 yards and 26 touchdowns before being sidelined the final four games of 2006 with a broken thumb. In his absence, sophomore Kirby Freeman, who was named the MVP of Sunday's game for contributing 272 passing yards and three touchdowns, has emerged as a leader and playmaker.

"I've told you all along that with this opportunity I want to try to put myself in a scenario where I'm the starter of this football team. I'm the starter going into spring training. Now, there's always going to be competition, and that's the reason that I came," said Freeman, who completed 54 percent of his passes this season for 872 yards and seven touchdown (to go with nine interceptions). "I hope that I proved my heart and my passion to play the game and my smarts to coach Randy Shannon."

Before settling on a quarterback, Shannon must first settle on an offensive coordinator. Former Arizona State coach Dirk Koetter will visit Coral Gables this week to see if the Hurricanes are an ideal fit for him and his family of six.

Koetter went 40-34 in six years at ASU before being fired at season's end. He's perceived as one of nation's most innovative offensive minds, based on what did as head coach at Boise State and ASU.

When asked what he's looking for from a new offensive coordinator, Shannon said he's open to running something other than a pro-style offense because his only priority is point production.

"If we score 50 to 100 points I'm happy, but we've got to use what our personnel group fits," he said. "We're going to be a physical team. We're going to be an exciting team. We're going to be entertaining. Everybody talks about stretching the field. We're going to attack the field."

Shannon must also decide on the rest of his staff, filling the defensive coordinator spot, which possibly could go to secondary coach Tim Walton, and seven a.ssistant spots, along with two graduate a.ssistant positions.

It's unclear which a.ssistants will remain and which would be given a severance package from UM, but Shannon intends to build his ideal staff and wouldn't give a timetable.

UM President Donna Shalala has a.ssured Shannon he'll have the resources to put together a top-notch staff.

"We'll have a good coaching staff at the University of Miami, but you can't rush into that. You've got to make sure you get the right fit and the right person for your program for what you've got to do," said Shannon, who has spent 13 seasons as an a.ssistant at UM, his alma mater.

"If it comes out tomorrow, two days, a week from now, we'll make that decision. But we're not just going to jump in headfirst and say this is it because you make the wrong decision now, everybody is not doing very good."
 10 years ago '04        #514
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
UM's Olsen opts to enter NFL Draft
Hurricanes tight end Greg Olsen decided to forgo his final year of eligibility and signed with agent Drew Rosenhaus.
BY BARRY JACKSON

University of Miami junior tight end Greg Olsen signed with Miami-based agent Drew Rosenhaus on Monday and will make himself eligible for April's NFL Draft.

Olsen, who graduated in December, decided to forgo his final year of eligibility. He's considered by many to be the top draft-eligible tight end, with ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. ranking him first among underclassmen at that position.

''The information I'm getting is that he'll be a first-round pick,'' Rosenhaus said. ``He's got rare ability -- great size and speed for the position. He's very athletic. We're confident he will be an impact rookie.''

''Miami has done a great job preparing me for the next level,'' Olsen said Monday night.

``I'm ready to take the next step. My goal is to be the top tight end [in the draft].''

Olsen, who will work out for teams at the NFL combine in Indianapolis next month, finished the season with 40 catches for 499 yards and one touchdown, including two catches for 45 yards in a 21-20 victory against Nevada in the MPC Computers Bowl on Sunday. Olsen caught a combined 47 passes in his previous two seasons at UM.

When he was a senior out of Wayne High School in New Jersey, Olsen was one of three finalists for the Gatorade National Player of the Year -- an award that went to UM's Kyle Wright.

He originally committed to Notre Dame but never played a game for the f!ghting Irish and transferred to Miami after a short time.

In the past seven years, three UM tight ends have been drafted in the first half of the first round -- Bubba Franks (14th in 2000), Jeremy Shockey (14th in 2002) and Kellen Winslow Jr. (sixth in 2004).

Sophomore Chris Zellner (who has been used a lot at H-back), sophomore DajLeon Farr and freshman Dedrick Epps are expected to compete to replace Olsen.
 10 years ago '06        #515
YoungGQ|m 
space
space
$13,117 | Props total: 1 1
...that's sucks the greg leavin...but we gon be good...he gettin off once he get in the nfl...
 10 years ago '04        #516
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
yeah olsen's gonna be good as long as he finds an offense that utilizes his talent. he needs to work on his hands a little more and improve his blocking, but he'll be a steal for whoever gets him
 10 years ago '04        #517
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
Shannon Works Magic

[pic - click to view]

New Berlin (NY) Milford Academy RB Graig Cooper decommitted after the Canes fired head coach Larry Coker.

But then new coach Randy Shannon made Cooper a priority, taking his first-ever in-home visit as head coach with the 6-foot-0, 195-pound running back.

And it paid off.

Cooper re-committed to the Hurricanes yesterday.

"When coach Shannon visited I saw how sincere he was," Cooper said. "When me and my dad talked about it, we talked about how we liked him as a person."

Cooper committed over the phone yesterday, calling and speaking with Shannon and Tim Walton.

"I told them I made the decision, that I'm coming there," Cooper said. "They were real happy, said they were glad and join the family.

"I was looking around, but I felt that was my place, man, my family. I like the players there. This is my family, so I had to be with family."

Cooper says he is academically set with a 19 ACT.

He will participate in spring practice.

"I'll report Jan. 12, school starts the 15th," he said.

Cooper said he was told UM wants to use him in a Reggie Bush role –- running the ball and as a receiver out of the backfield.

"I'll also return kicks and punts," Cooper said. "Coach Shannon said I'll play right away, but you never know. He said it'll be based on how I come in, if I'm ready to play.

"I'm in the weight room right now getting ready."

Cooper rushed for 1,247 yards and 15 touchdowns in eight games this past season.

He proved his ability by beating out fellow top recruit LeSean McCoy to become the team's top ball carrier.

Cooper put up the numbers despite missing two games with neck and hamstring injuries.

As a senior at Melrose (Tenn.) High School he rushed for 2,084 yards with 30 touchdowns.

He says he made the final decision to be a Cane yesterday.

"That's when it hit me I wanted to go there," Cooper said. "I'd been thinking about it. That was just where I wanted to be.

"It was between Miami and Oklahoma State in the end."

Of his goals as a true freshman, Cooper said, "Really I just want to go in and get a lot of playing time, make a quick impact. I went to prep school, got used to the speed. Now I just need to get a little bit faster and do whatever I have to do to help the team."
 10 years ago '04        #518
space
space
where is rakimallah??
 01-02-2007, 02:37 PM         #519
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:
where is rakimallah??

I dunno havent seen him around this bi*ch in a while.... hope everything is alright
 10 years ago '05        #520
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
 C.R.I.P. said:
Shannon Works Magic

[pic - click to view]

:applause: good to come home and see this.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Single Mothers Infographic
230 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This website shows how frighteningly quick the internet knows everythi..
8 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside South African Snowbunny Fitness Trainer(Lawd Have Mercy!!)
85 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside FAST & FURIOUS 8 Trailer Teaser (2017) (Like the announcement for the a..
43 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Best Buy Buy 2 Get 1 Free 12/4/16-12/10/16
51 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - The People's Cabinet?...Trump's administration for millionaire..
122 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside GTA Online: Import/Export coming December
46 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Brother acts like little sister is invisible & she believes him
73 comments
1 day ago