Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
is there any bigger simp in film history?
217 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside #SPN: Zashia Santiago
39 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Orlando brown finally exposes what detective Vlad been doing for years.
161 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Video surfaces of weekend working on "crew love" with no drake lyrics
72 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #5121
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
blutz really has a grudge against shannon.

did he fu*k your wife or something?
 12-31-2008, 07:37 PM         #5122
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"TOS says Marve's Father contacted Auburn, then Tuberville, who is very close to Randy told him, so when Marve went to talk to Randy, Randy already knew and didn't want to talk to him."

If this is true, Marve's Dad is a complete dumbass.
 8 years ago '04        #5123
booie4 
space
space
$4,878 | Props total: 596 596
^lmao, i knew it was something else to this already weird situation
 8 years ago '05        #5124
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
Anybody see this sh*t on Scout?

Marve's second suspension was for missing an English class for the fourth time this past semester, though he said he was late to the class because he was speaking with another professor. He went home soon after; other players who were suspended for breaking team rules continued practicing with the team until it departed for San Francisco.
 01-01-2009, 04:27 AM         #5125
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 1000bluntz said:
Marve is a bi*ch but y'all are fu*king delusional if you think Shannon has done nothing wrong here. Dude has no fu*king clue how to run a football team. Even with all that talent y'all are looking at 7 and 8 win teams at best during his tenure. Y'all next coach will have a lot of talent to work with that's for sure, Shannon is NOT A GOOD FOOTBALL COACH and if you can't see that you're blind as the fu*k. And now allowing the kid to go to an SEC school is some vindictive sh*t, I could understand not letting him go to an ACC school or UF but come the fu*k on Waahndy Shannon is a crybaby bi*ch.
Urban Meyer gives you no room to talk, bro.

End of story.
 8 years ago '04        #5126
booie4 
space
space
Out in San Antonio preparing for the U.S. Army All-American Game, Plantation cornerback Brandon McGee had not heard too much about what has been going on around Coral Gables, including the firing of Patrick Nix, the transfer of Robert Marve, the comments of Eugene Marve and the rumored potential dismissals of coaches Tommie Robinson, Wesley McGriff, Joe Pannunzio and the expected move of Andreu Swasey.

However, he said one thing that will make UM fans happy.

"I'm going to Miami for Miami, no matter what coaches are there," McGee said. "Nothing has changed for me."

McGee said that he had spoken to Shannon earlier Tuesday night, but that Shannon and he didn't speak about Nix's firing or Marve's pending transfer.

"When I talk to the coaches it's always about how I am doing, never about football," McGee said. "So he didn't even mention the things going on right now."

McGee was surprised at the rumors that his future position coach, McGriff, possibly being fired, but acknowledge the defensive back play has not been good.

"I think we are going through our problems, but I think we'll be back in a minute, next year or the year after. I am going there ready to play, whoever our DB coach is," McGee said.

McGee said he is still enrolling early and that his final day at Plantation High School is January 9, but in the meantime he's enjoying a great experience in San Antonio competing against some of the best wide receivers and tight ends in the country including Josh Adams, Je'Ron Stokes, Corey Brown and Orson Charles.

"It's going real well. They got me on kickoff return, punt return and working with the first defense at corner," McGee said. "It feels natural, feels like the beginning of the season when I was playing some corner. I got moved back to corner against a powerful receiver during the season. I just have to get back in the groove. I've been out of pads for about a month now."

McGee felt good about Miami's bowl performance though although he felt the defense was not up to snuff. He also felt the weapons on offense could have been used better.

"Me and coach Nix talked a few times, but we've got a lot of weapons. I don't think they were used right," McGee said. "A lot of people said Miami was supposed to get blown out (by Cal) so we did alright, but I think we could have done a lot better. The defensive play was horrible and the offense was okay."

However, McGee also felt that Jacory Harris solidified himself as the starting quarterback regardless if Marve had returned.

"I thought Jacory played real well," McGee said. "He locked up the spot to me. (Transferring) was one of the smartest moves he (Marve) could have made. The display Jacory Harris put on in the bowl game was pretty awesome. He pretty much sealed the deal."

McGee is simply ready to get down to Coral Gables because he feels he can really help the team a lot immediately.

"I am ready to get down to Miami to tell you the truth," McGee said. "I am ready to get on down there and help the team."
 8 years ago '04        #5127
booie4 
space
space
ORLANDO, Fla. -- NFL Hall of Fame head coach Marv Levy said the talent he witnessed at the first Under Armour All-America practice far exceeded his expectations. It surpassed my expectations, as well.

While last year's inaugural game certainly had its fair share of superstars, the overall quality on the 2009 roster appears superior, judging by the first practice. From the interior to the perimeter, the depth was impressive, with little dropoff in ability between some of the nation's best high school football prospects.

Wednesday's practice was more instructional, as players shook off the rust and adjusted to the different formations, cadences and timing with their new teammates and coaches. Despite it being the first time on the field in over a month for most players, they were ready to compete from the start, and the intensity was high.

Here's a look at who stood out and who struggled in Wednesday's practice.

Man among boys

It was quickly apparent that White inside linebacker Manti Te'o (Honolulu/Punahou) is this year's version of last year's top-ranked player DaQuan Bowers, who is now at Clemson. Whether matching up with backs in the passing game or filling downhill against the run, his ability was far superior to his competition. His thick frame was even more impressive in person, as was his explosiveness. Te'o is the complete package and, similar to Bowers, should be a player who makes an immediate impact as a true freshman next fall.

The next Sean Spence?

Spence, who earned ACC Defensive Rookie of the Year honors as a freshman at Miami this year, wowed everyone last year after the first practice and quickly silenced the doubters who thought he might be too small to hold his own against upper-tier national competition. On Wednesday, Black outside linebacker Frankie Telfort (Miami/Gulliver) made a similar impression, as he stood out in all phases of his linebacker play despite lacking prototypical measureables for the position. His instincts, closing speed and overall athleticism in space were eye-popping. In terms of coverage skill, I did not see a better linebacker Wednesday than Telfort.

Black defensive tackle Josh Downs (Bastrop, La.) was impressive with his ability and high energy. His intensity, coupled with his great get-off and explosiveness, made him almost unblockable when shaded in one-on-one matchups. The LSU commit seems to be all of his listed 6-foot-2, 267 pounds, and showed his potential scheme versatility at the next level with his blend of speed and power. Downs has the skill set and measurables to potentially contribute at end or defensive tackle in Baton Rouge.

Fellow Black defensive tackle Jacobbi McDaniel (Greenville, Fla./Madison County) quickly showed why he's ESPN's No. 1-rated interior defender. While he doesn't stand out physically like Downs, he was a handful for any guard or center in one-on-one drills with his great quickness, strong hand technique and deceptively fluid hips. During the team session he was equally effective as a run defender and pass rusher.

Good as advertised

While Russell Shepard (Houston/Cypress Ridge) struggled at times with the exchange and cadence, like the rest of the UA All-American signal-callers at Wednesday's practice, his athleticism and speed with the ball in his hands were striking. Shepard was basically a human blur when keeping the ball on draw plays. His ability to reach top speed instantly through the hole made him almost impossible to wrap up.

White team CB Branden Smith (Atlanta/Booker T. Washington) showed why he's one of the better cover corners in the country. Throughout the first practice receivers had difficulty creating separation on the highly coveted perimeter defender. His off-man foot quickness when mirroring receivers off the line and recovery burst were unparalleled.

Tough first day

Tight end Ra'Shede Hageman (Minneapolis/Washburn) certainly passed the eyeball test physically, but he seemed to struggle at times with the increased speed of this high level of competition. While he showed he was a difficult matchup with his height on smaller linebackers, his hands were inconsistent.

Black team corner Ricardo Dixon (Hallandale, Fla.) competed hard throughout the day, but his lack of size and upper-body strength were evident when employed in press-man coverages versus some of the Black team's bigger receivers.

While Black corner Prince Kent (Norcross, Ga.) has imposing size as a perimeter defender, Wednesday's practice raised questions about whether he has the hips and transitional quickness to play corner at the next level. His great size, range and ball skills might be better suited at safety.

White receiver Logan Heastie (Chesapeake, Va./Great Bridge) looked very smooth at times during seven-on-seven passing drills, but he had a few drops and showed some difficulty adjusting to poorly thrown balls.

Day 1 surprises

Black cornerback Greg Reid (Valdosta, Ga./Lowndes) might not possess the best blend of size and speed compared to the other corners in this elite group, but in terms of pure cover-corner quickness and skills, it was hard to find anyone better the first day.

Black receiver Terry Hawthorne's (East St. Louis, Ill.) combination of size and speed stood out immediately during passing drills. But it was his precise route running and sharpness out of his breaks that impressed me more.

Late add White offensive guard David Harding (Orlando, Fla./Boone) struggled in his first few one-on-one matchups, but he quickly proved he belonged after stalemating the bull rush of massive White defensive lineman Gary Brown (Quincy, Fla./West Gadsden).

Quarterbacks impress

One thing that stood out quickly was the increased talent in this year's quarterback crop. Despite the usual first-practice problems with cadence and timing, White signal-callers Matt Barkley (Santa Ana, Calif./Mater Dei) and Richard Brehaut (Ranco Cucamonga, Calif./Los Osos) showed good arm strength and polish throughout the day, while fellow teammate Moses Alipate (Bloomington, Minn./Jefferson) flashed impressive zip on his intermediate routes.

Not to be outdone, Shepard, Garrett Gilbert (Austin, Texas/Lake Travis) and Josh Nunes (Upland, Calif.) looked very accurate throughout the first practice. Nunes, despite a slight hand injury, threw one of the better balls of the day on a deep comeback route to Hawthorne.

Quick hits

Black team WR Andre Debose (Sanford, Fla./Seminole) showed great hands, vertical speed and one of the faster releases of a strong receiving corps.

Black receivers should have their heads on a swivel Sunday night as the White safety trio of Devonte Holloman (Rock Hill, S.C./South Pointe), Craig Loston (Aldine, Texas/Eisenhower) and Stephon Gilmore (Rock Hill, S.C./South Pointe) proved to be an intimidating presence over the middle and down in the box when employed in Cover-3 schemes.

Black offensive tackle Paden Kelley (Austin, Texas/Lake Travis) looked excellent in pass protection versus some of the quicker edge players in the country.

It was an athletic draw between White offensive tackle Taylor Lewan (Scottsdale, Ariz./Chaparral) and White defensive end Justin Chaisson (Las Vegas/Bishop Gorman) during one-on-one pass rushing drills, as both players showed great feet and quickness.

There was a similar battle that opened up my eyes between the powerful Brown and undersized White offensive guard John Martinez (Salt Lake City/Cottonwood). Brown initially knocked back Martinez on the snap, but the Salt Lake City road-grader eventually held his point and anchored.

While it was hard to gauge the true talents of the UA All-American running backs Wednesday (they were not exposed to many live in-line situations), Trent Richardson (Pensacola, Fla./Escambia) certainly looked the most explosive and appears to be the complete package. Jarvis Giles (Tampa, Fla./Gaither) showed great suddenness throughout the day and was a bit bigger in person than we expected.

The Black squad's Jelani Jenkins (Wheaton, Md./Good Counsel) flashed his top-10 talent throughout the first day, but his leadership and competitiveness during drills were equally impressive.
 8 years ago '04        #5128
booie4 
space
space
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Seminole safety Ray Ray Armstrong finally announced he has trimmed his list.

Armstrong informed InsideTheU.com that he is down to four schools: "It's Florida, Miami, Georgia, and LSU."

Armstrong, who will announce his decision on January 4 at the Under Armour Game, has already taken an official visit to LSU and Georgia and will visit Florida and Miami in the upcoming weeks.

"I feel comfortable making my decision," Armstrong said. "I have the decision made, I'm just going to announce it on Sunday."

He will take an official visit to Miami on Jan. 30. He said "most likely" that highly coveted teammates Andre DeBose and Dyron Dye will be coming then also.

Armstrong, 6-foot-4 and 215 pounds, is the 18th-ranked player in the country by ESPN.com and feels strongly about his ability to play safety in college.

"People tell me all the time that I'm going to be a linebacker, but I'm going to prove to everybody that I'm going to play safety," Armstrong said. "That's what I want to play and that's what I'm going to play."

Armstrong says his favorite players is the late Sean Taylor and Ed Reed--both safeties who starred at Miami.

"I feel I can cover real good and I come down and play the run real good, " Armstrong said. "I like roaming around free."

Armstrong played safety for the Black Squad during the first practice on Wednesday and enjoyed his time with all of the other All-Americans.

"It was exciting and new to me," Armstrong said. "I'm always up for new things. Everybody out here is really an All-American. There is a lot of talent out here and everything moves fast."

Armstrong said he has enjoyed going up against DeBose the most during practice.

"I go against him all day in high school so just keeping that tradition going," Armstrong said.

Armstrong is looking to shine on national TV with an ESPN audience watching the game, which starts at 8 p.m.

"I always look to be the best and look to go out there and Sunday and do well," he said.

It has been two weeks since Armstrong helped lead Seminole to a 6A state title and has enjoyed the attention after the championship.

"It's been pretty good," Armstrong said. "A lot of people have congratulated us. Everybody congratulates us everywhere we go. We have received a lot of thanks for that and it's been fun."

Dec. 31, 2008
 8 years ago '04        #5129
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
fu*k what you heard, coach Randy Shannon AKA the Recruiting beast of the South coming strong again.. we got Ray Ray and Dyron
 8 years ago '04        #5130
booie4 
space
space
real talk, lets hope he recruit a good OC
 8 years ago '04        #5131
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
 Cap Peeler said:
fu*k what you heard, coach Randy Shannon AKA the Recruiting beast of the South coming strong again.. we got Ray Ray and Dyron
"b-b-b-but he cant coach!! b-b-b-but he'll get fired next year!":rolleyes:
 8 years ago '05        #5132
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
heard an ugly rumor from my boy whos close to tahj boyd....hes telling me bryce is gonna decommit to play with him
 8 years ago '06        #5133
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,683 | Props total: 12216 12216
It's highly unlikely Nixon will block for Brown again, though. When Nixon announced his commitment during the NBC telecast of the game, he initially picked up a Miami hat before tossing it away. Brown, whose brother, Arthur, is a Hurricanes linebacker, was not amused. In the process of rebuking Nixon, the younger Brown may have tipped off his college choice.

"He will pay for that," Brown said with a smile.
 01-05-2009, 01:48 PM         #5134
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What made Nixon choose UF over us?

Saw something on Scout about that..
 8 years ago '04        #5135
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space

can't wait for next season. He's gonna be a great one man :agreement6:
 8 years ago '04        #5136
booie4 
space
space
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Miami 2009 commit Jamal Reid showed that he belonged with is performance in the Under Armour All American Game Sunday night.

Reid displayed impressive receiver skills, hauling in a 35-yard touchdown pass in the second quarter.

"It was a press coverage and I gave him an inside move and went outside," Reid said of his touchdown play. "I saw the ball coming and then I saw the lights and it felt really good. I just ran down the sidelines after that play."

"I felt pumped after that! I wanted some more!"

On the play Reid outran fellow Miami recruit Prince Kent to track down a deep ball in the end-zone.

According to Reid, he couldn't have asked for a better game. He finished the night with 65 yards and a touchdown on four receptions.

"I think I did good and I ran my routes crisp and I scored the touchdown just like I wanted to," Reid said. "I showed that I can compete with the best players in the nation especially since I come from a smaller school and everybody didn't think I could do it. I think I proved some people wrong and showed what I can do."

Reid and Kent finally met up for the first time during their week at the all star game on Saturday. According to Reid, it was good to get to know one of his future teammates.

"I talked to him Saturday and we hungout a little bit and tried to get to know one another," Reid said. "We are both coming in as defensive backs, so we are building a bond and a friendship and we are going to be tight."

Following the game, Reid said he was excited to see that Seminole High School players Ray Ray Armstrong and Dyron Dye selected Miami as their destination to play their college football.

Reid does admit though he had a hint that those two Seminole players would be committing to UM.

"I was excited to see that," Reid said. "Those guys are great prospects and will make our recruiting class better. They are great players. I watched them play in the state championship game and I was impressed."

"When coach Hurtt came to my in-home visit he told me that Ray Ray was a silent and he wanted to commit on national TV. I knew he was going to commit."

Overall Reid says he really enjoyed his week at the Under Armour Game and that the entire experience was a great way to learn and better himself as a player.

"It was cool to learn some new things from the coaches here and compete against some of the greatest players in the nation," Reid said. "It was a lot of fun and I learned a lot of stuff. I would definitely do it all over again."
 8 years ago '04        #5137
booie4 
space
space
ORLANDO, Fla. -- According to both Ray Ray Armstrong and Dyron Dye, they have wanted to be Miami Hurricanes for a while now.

Armstrong and Dye both said they were sold on the Miami program after unofficially visiting UM the weekend of the spring football game.

After spending time around Miami during that weekend, both players had an instant feeling they were going to be Hurricanes.

"I love the coaching staff and the environment down there with the players," Armstrong said. "I feel like I am home right now when I am there. It is like a home away from home for me."

"I knew where I was going from the jump when I took my first unofficial visit down there," Dye said. "It felt like home and all the players seemed like cousins and friends that I grew up with. When I went down there during the spring I was sold. I went to a practice and everything just fit me real good."

Then during the football season, Armstrong and Dye attended the Florida State-Miami game at Dolphin Stadium and around that time both made their silent commitments to the UM staff.

Armstrong and Dye have been solid to Miami ever since, both players just wanted to make their announcement on live TV.

"I let Miami know a while ago," Dye said. "It was a few months ago."

"I made my decision in the middle of the season," said Armstrong.

Dye and Armstrong consider their relationship to be brotherly and both admitted that it was important that they continue their playing career at the same college.

"It was very important that we go to the same school," Armstrong said. "We have supported each other every step of the way. I think of him as my brother and he is going to come with me to the next level and we are going to look out for each other and help each other on the field."

While Miami landed two very good players from Seminole, they couldn't reign in wide receiver Andre Debose, who committed to Florida.

"We will be playing against each other, so it is going to be fun," Dye said of Debose. "We will check up on each other and we will still love each other."

"It will be fun competition," said Armstrong "We are going to different schools but it is not really going to change anything. We are still going to keep in touch."

According to Dye, the trio wanted to all attend the same school at one time, but it didn't work out in the end. Armstrong says he didn't try and convince Debose to come to Miami, he gave him some space to make his own decision.

"I just let him do his own thing," Armstrong said. "I never wanted to pressure him into going some place where he didn't want to go. I just let him make up his own mind."

"We tried to stay together, but he felt like Florida fit him the best," Dye said. "Me and Ray are going to play together though, so we are excited about that."
 8 years ago '04        #5138
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
Who knows how much weight to put into the rumor, but I've been told that Randy Shannon is high on Danny Langsdorf.

Langsdorf is currently the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Oregon State. He's been with the Beavers since 2004 and before that, spent some time in the CFL and with the New Orleans Saints. During his tenure at OSU, the Beavers have ranked in the top ten in teh nation for passing yardage each year.

This talk of Langsdorf goes against the 'inside scoop' so many others are reporting, with all their signs pointing to an NFL a.ssistant as the next Miami OC.

Personally, I don't know much about Langsdorf but I did watch Oregon State's offense stick it to Southern Cal earlier this year.

I also watched them muster up a 3-0 win over Pittsburgh in this year's Sun Bowl, though in fairness all everything tailback Jacquizz Rodgers - the hero in the upset of the top-ranked Trojans - was sidelined.

Rodgers also missed the season-ending showdown with Oregon, where OSU lost and played their way right out of a Rose Bowl berth.

Langsdorf used a healthy dose of the run and the pass in the few Beavers games I watched this year and could be a good addition to The U, if this is the direction Shannon goes.

There are a few schools of though regarding the hiring of an offensive coordinator.

First is to go out and hire a big name or up and comer. Someone like Gus Malzhan, who Auburn threw some big cash at to lure away from Tulsa. The plus, you're getting what looks like a solid OC. The negative, you're getting a guy who will quickly climb the coaching ladder and probably won't stick around too long.

When an a.ssistant coach gets "hot" he's like the prettiest girl in the bar. Everyone is in pursuit and it makes it hard to settle on just one suitor, with so many offers.

These guys are usually in the college game as NFL up and comers aren't coming back down to the college game for anything less than a head coaching gig, i.e. Rob Chudzinski. No way the Cleveland Browns offensive coordinator takes a pay decrease and step back career-wise to return to his alma mater. Only way Chud is back at The U is the day Shannon is out.

Second option is to find a retread. Someone who has bounced around. Former collegiate head coaches who wind up as NFL a.ssistants and are still putting in their work as a #2 guy so the can someday work their way back to the top. Some of these guys are damaged goods, while others simply caught some bad breaks.

Dirk Koetter fits this mold, as do a few other NFL a.ssistants who have had their names tossed around as of late.

Third is to find that diamond in the rough. An up and comer before he's earned the title, 'up and comer'. Basically, a Malzhan-type a few years back before he became a household name.

Could Langsdorf be that guy? Oregon State has quietly put together a few 9-4 seasons, while mustering up enough to go toe-to-toe with Southern Cal, beating them two of their past three meetings.

If not Langsdorf, is there another up and comer out there that Shannon can spot, before all the big money, big time programs find him and make him a financial offer he can't refuse?

In the end, no one knows what Randy is going to do. This is just a name I heard, so I'll pass it along. I'm not pretending to have any "scoop" and I'm not saying I'm hearing this from "many sources".

I know a few guys in the know and I respect what they tell me. Sometimes they're spot on and other times they're way off. That said, this is what one of them told me today, so I'm telling U.

from allcanes.com
 8 years ago '04        #5139
booie4 
space
space
MIAMI, Fla. -- Tevin McCaskill's senior year did not end the way he would have liked.

McCaskill, a 6-foot-1, 180-pound defensive back, was in tight coverage on Seminole star receiver Andre DeBose in the state championship game as DeBose hauled in a 40-yard touchdown reception with under a minute to go, which proved to be the difference.

"Every night when I lay down to sleep, that's the only thing I think of," McCaskill said. "But I have people telling me not to worry about it and keep doing what I am doing because I did all I could do at the game. He just made a good play. If I would have looked back just a little bit earlier, it would have been going the other way."

McCaskill is currently practicing in preparation for the Dade-Broward All-Star game on Jan. 16,

"I am excited about it," McCaskill said. "I have a point to prove because of the state game and the last play."

He says it's been tough being on the other end of things, which happens in sports, but he's keeping his head up and remaining positive.

"It's been tough, but I've gotten over it a little bit," he said. "Practicing here at the All-Dade will get my mind off of it. It's good to be back in pads. I'll be good."

McCaskill did have a game-high 12 tackles in Northwestern's 28-21 loss as they attempted to win their third straight 6A title.

"I feel that I played good, but just that one play, I wish I could have done something better," McCaskill said.

Overall, McCaskill had a great time in his four years at Northwestern.

"It's been great," McCaskill said. "That's the number one program in the world, that's how I feel. To be playing on that team as a starter, it's an honor and something that I've worked hard for."

McCaskill Down to Three Schools

McCaskill, who can play safety or cornerback in college, is now turning his focus to recruiting and named three finalists--Miami, Clemson, and West Virginia.

"It's been great going through this recruiting process," McCaskill said. "It's a learning experience for me. Coming out of middle school, I saw all of them boys in the newspapers and I never thought I would be one of those people in the newspapers."

He plans on taking official visits to those schools, but has not set dates yet.

Miami: "UM, that is my dream school. That is the first school I got an offer from so I would love to see what that is about. My former teammates at Miami told me Miami still wants me, but I don't know. Everybody wants me to go to Miami. They've told me the defensive backs are having a little bit of trouble so they were telling me that's where I should go because I would have playing time, but I don't know, I'll look into that."

Clemson: "The coaches from my 10th grade year, they told me that they really wanted to talk to me so I want to go up there and see what that's like."

West Virginia: "I might go up there with Dicamo (Daquan Hargrett) on a visit because he was telling me that they really want me. At the house, they have sent me so many letters so I feel I should put them up there."

McCaskill said Clemson is recruiting him the hardest right now.

"Clemson is doing their thing. They are recruiting me the hardest. I don't know yet. I want to get my momma out of Florida, I know that."
 8 years ago '04        #5140
booie4 
space
space
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Freshman safety Vaughn Telemaque would have been a starting this year if he did not suffer a season-ending shoulder injury.

Telemaque, 6-foot-1 and 185 pounds, played the first three games of the season before his injury.

"Telemaque was really promising last year," coach Randy Shannon said. "We felt like as a staff that he could have been a guy that by the fourth game could have been starting."

Instead, Telemaque finished his first year with two tackles and was relegated to scout team duties while senior Anthony Redd*ck started at one safety spot and junior Ryan Hill and sophomore JoJo Nicolas shared the other spot.

As a senior at Long Beach (Calif.) Poly, Telemaque made 89 tackles and nine interceptions. He had three interceptions in the Division I championship game.

"He's got ball skills," Shannon said. "He has great, great ball skills and he is very, very competitive. He'll run and is an aggressive kid in the run game. That's what he's been. Kind of a vocal leader."

Telemaque chose Miami over USC and has a very bright future ahead of himself. Shannon has already began comparisons to a former great.

"You see him on scout team going like Edward (Reed) was getting the football out of the air," Shannon said. "Being in position to make k!ll shots, but he don't because it's practice. He's able to read those types of things."

Telemaque will be competing for playing time with Randy Phillips, Hill, Nicolas, and C.J. Holton this spring.

Spring practices begin next month.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Guy Tricked By Tr@nny - Cringe Video
221 comments
22 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Adult Entertainer That Sold Out Her Race
91 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
108 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Christina Milian Shows Damn Near EVERYTHING in a see through fit!!"
134 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside YouTube superstar PewDiePie vows to DELETE his channel once he hits 50m..
50 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 7 - Tomi craps on Rosenberg
119 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Amazonian tribesmen react to images of the earth
76 comments
2 days ago