Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snoops reaction when Jay Z wrote “Still Dre”😎
172 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ohhhh sh-t is this it fellas. Eminem "Revival" Tracklist!!!!!
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lame Ass Nigga Joins a NY Crip Gang
370 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
BX ever smashed any of these popular INSTAGRAM chicks?
111 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 2 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #5101
madness 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
$12,964 | Props total: 2746 2746
29 days!!!
 8 years ago '05        #5102
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,042 | Props total: 639 639
heres some more posts...stuck working midnight again so figured i post since i aint doing s**t at work....

CORAL GABLES _ For the last two season, we've heard stories about junior defensive tackle Allen Bailey as if he were Paul Bunyan. He's almost mythical because of his impressive workouts and freakish strength. But, actually, on the field Bailey has been downright ordinary. He's yet to fully display his talents on the field.

Will this be the year it finally happens? The `Canes sure hope so.

"Last year for him playing defensive end was like him being a true freshman," defensive line coach Clint Hurtt said. "...I thought he did a lot of positive things, but he's also got a lot to improve on."

The transition from high school hasn't been easy for the 6-foot-4, 288-pound Bailey. He entered as a linebacker, switched to defensive end the following year and now is playing tackle. The UM coaches have said the reasoning was because of depth. They placed Bailey where they felt he could add a body. Hurtt also said had Bailey not played linebacker that one season, he'd likely be on another roster.

"What people don’t understand is this: when he came in, he didn’t get a lot burn in terms of playing time because he was playing linebacker," Hurtt said. "If we didn’t play him at linebacker when he first got here, Allen Bailey would’ve never attended school here. People don’t understand that. If he didn’t come here, we would’ve been playing against him in Gainesville last year."

That's a cool story, but it's time for Bailey to be known for more than just his stories of k!lling snakes and alligators. This is his year to prove he's more than just muscles and veins.

So far, he's gotten accustomed to playing with "hand down," according to Hurtt. If his technique somehow catches up to his physical capabilities, the Hurricanes could have a future first-round draft pick. If not, he'll remain as a player still trying to find a position.

A few thoughts:

-Linebackers Colin McCarthy and Sean Spence both said at Media Day they would play some in the middle. Scratch Arthur Brown off that list. Coach Randy Shannon said Brown isn't ready because of inexperience. This once again proves Spence was years ahead of Brown coming out of high school, despite Brown being so highly-ranked by recruiting analysts.

-There are no plans of moving quarterback A.J. Highsmith to a different position ... at least not at the moment.

"Right now, [he's] a quarterback," Shannon said. "That's what we recruited him as. That's what we want him to be."

Shannon said he's been impressed by Highsmith's intelligence on the field. With that said, it's too early to tell if remains at quarterback.

-Right tackle Matt Pipho said guard Brandon Washington and tackle Jermaine Johnson have shown improvements. Washington is backup to Orlando Franklin, and Johnson is behind Pipho.

"I didn't develop until my third year," Pipho said. "I couldn't play a lick of football. They're doing a lot better than I was. It's promising. They've got a good future ahead of them."

Freshmen Cory White is playing right tackle and Jared Wheeler is at left guard.

smh at authur brown....i swear u can never take rivals rankings serious....i honestly see dude transferring just like willie williams.

Last edited by Deeangoe; 08-10-2009 at 12:27 AM..
 8 years ago '04        #5103
madness 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
is arthur brown really that slow at picking up the defense? they must not have taught him shyt at kansas

worst comes to worst, i'd just put him out there and tell him "go tackle the guy with the ball". keep that shyt real simple, real basic....we cant let 5 star talent just rot on the bench
 8 years ago '07        #5104
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,496 | Props total: 1129 1129
hes from kansas what you expect....no comp

he can go to tenn with his brother

anyone heard anything bout Luc??
 8 years ago '05        #5105
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
CORAL GABLES _ DeMarcus Van Dyke made quite the splash as a freshman.

He started eight games, and was only supposed to improve with time. After struggling last year, Van Dyke is out to once again prove himself. He came on late in the year, but was never able to perform well consistently.

"I gave up a couple touchdowns," he said. "...I'm trying to use the last few weeks of last year and carry it over to this year."

Van Dyke said confidence was his biggest problem last season. He was beaten in coverage often and had a few missed tackles. It was tough to deal with, considering he arrived with so much hype and earned quality playing time as a freshman.

“It was my confidence,” Van Dyke said. “I was like, `I used to be better than this. I started eight games as a freshman.’ This year, and at the end of last year, I started going back to the old DeMarcus, making tackles and making plays on the ball. Hopefully, it just carries over to this year.”

Van Dyke has yet to record an interception, a streak he hopes to see end this season.

"It would get the monkey off my back," he said. "I hear that a lot, first interception, first interception. I've been patiently waiting."

A few thoughts from Media Day:

-Running back Javarris James had the biggest smile of anyone. He looks rejuvenated as he prepares for his final season. The reason is he has dropped 14 pounds, now weighing 207. He said it's improved his speed.

“Everybody picks on me now,” James said. “They say, `What you doing, you’re not eating or something?’ I go back home and everybody says I’ve gotten little. I’ve just slimmed down. My face is skinny.”

He’s spent much of the last two years battling nagging injuries. Last season he missed four games due to injury, including the Emerald Bowl. It resulted in a career-low 268 yards.

-Funniest story comes from defensive end Eric Moncur, who seems to have been around forever. He was granted a sixth year after earning a medical redshirt. Moncur remembers being a freshman and going to watch Sean Spence play in Pop Warner. Now, that's old.

The good news is Moncur says he's 100 percent healthy and ready to contribute despite being called "old man" by several of his younger peers.

-Got a chance to speak with Ray Ray Armstrong for the first time. He said he's kind of tired of the Sean Taylor comparisons. He'd rather just be Ray Ray.

-Spence and Colin McCarthy could both see some time at middle linebacker. They're working at both positions.

-The most entertaining position is the defensive line. These guys, especially Marcus Forston and Adewale Ojomo, are full of confidence. So much they have dubbed themselves the "Wipe Out Boys" because that's what they do to offensive linemen. No wonder defensive line coach Clint Hurtt calls this the most confident group he's worked with.

-New offensive coordinator Mark Whipple has earned the respect of the players by treating them as equals. Running back Graig Cooper said Whipple leaves more responsibility on the players instead of "dwelling on every mistake."

"He's real patient," he said. "He just lets us have fun ... He makes sure we correct our mistakes but he doesn't dwell on them. He's not always fussing at us like a high school kid or something."
 8 years ago '05        #5106
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 madness said:
is arthur brown really that slow at picking up the defense? they must not have taught him shyt at kansas

worst comes to worst, i'd just put him out there and tell him "go tackle the guy with the ball". keep that shyt real simple, real basic....we cant let 5 star talent just rot on the bench
yea i read somewhere that he said basically thats what the coaches told him...just go after the guy with the ball.
 8 years ago '07        #5107
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
@ the "Wipe Out Boyz"

:dancingcool:
 8 years ago '05        #5108
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
CORAL GABLES, Fla. - The University of Miami football team held its second practice of the preseason and its first on the Greentree Practice Fields for approximately two-and-a-half hours Sunday morning. A day after opening camp in front of exclusive ticket holders at Cobb Stadium, the Hurricanes again worked out in helmets and shorts in hot conditions with the heat index reaching triple digits.

Practice Highlights
• On back-to-back plays in 7-on-7 drills, senior defensive back Ryan Hill broke up a deep pass intended for sophomore receiver Travis Benjamin before intercepting a pass in the right flat.
• Sophomore linebacker Arthur Brown made a diving interception in 11-on-11 action.
• Junior wide receiver Leonard Hankerson made two catches in the 20-yard range in 11-on-11 drills.
• Junior running back Graig Cooper made several plays (rushing and receiving) of 10+ yards.
• Senior defensive back Sam Shields made a few standout plays defensively, including a pass break-up on a deep ball intended for sophomore receiver LaRon Byrd.

Pipho Post-Practice
After practice, head coach Randy Shannon and several players met with the members of the media. Senior tackle Matt Pipho was among the group that was made available. He discussed a number of topics, including the upcoming season, his offseason workouts and his development as a player on the offensive line over the last four years at UM.

On offseason workouts - Coach Swasey makes sure each and everyone one of us are ready to play. Everyone goes all out and does everything that's possible.

On having more of a role this season - I came here to play football and I've waited four years to get significant playing time. Now's my time and I'm not going to let anything stand between me and that.

On the valuable experience he got at tackle against Virginia and Virginia Tech last season - That was the first time I played tackle in a game. Before last year, I played guard and center. Getting in the game against Virginia helped a lot, they had a stud linebacker and I was able to block him, so I said to myself, I can do this.

On pressure of playing more at right tackle this season - None at all. In the spring, I saw how I performed. I saw how I performed against Virginia and Virginia Tech. I haven't lost a step yet. I'm happy with what I am doing, and I think I'm going to be fine.

Getting to Know The "U" Freshmen - Cory White
Hometown: Jacksonville, Fla.
Position: Offensive Line
Favorite Food: Chicken & Rice with cream of mushroom
Barrington Levy is in my iPod right now
I'm a `Cane because: It's all about family here
My training camp roommate is: Stephen Plein
Favorite part about being at the U right now: Football
My first two days of practice have been: Exciting
A.J. Trump keeps me laughing
I have learned so much from Jason Fox
My most freshman-like moment was when: I walked into a meeting late

Additional Jersey Number Changes
Senior tight end/long snapper Jake Byrne is wearing No. 87 this season while senior holder Matt Perrelli is now No. 33. Byrne made the switch to tight end during spring practice to add depth. He wore No. 69 last season while serving as the long snapper on PAT's and field goals. Perrelli, who has been kicker Matt Bosher's holder since their days at Jupiter High School, wore No. 19 last season.

Practice Schedule
Miami will hold approximately 18 workouts prior to the first day of class on Aug 26. Two of those workouts have been completed. The Hurricanes open the season on Labor Day Monday Night at rival No. 19 Florida State. Hurricanes' practices will start at 8 a.m. daily, with the exception of off-days on Aug. 14, 16, 20 and 22. Miami's first day in full pads is slated for Wednesday Aug. 12. Four two-a-day practices are slated for preseason camp with the first taking place on Thurs., Aug. 13 at 8 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. UM's other two-a-day practices are Mon. Aug. 17, Wed. Aug. 19 and Sun. Aug. 23. The schedule is subject to change.

TV Appearances
Miami already has been selected for three national television appearances, beginning with the Sept. 7 opener at Florida State (ESPN). Additional games chosen for national telecasts are the Hurricanes' home opener against Georgia Tech on Thurs. Sept. 17 (ESPN). Miami's game at UCF will air on CBS College Sports at 8 p.m. on Sat. Oct. 10.

Post-practice notes
• Sunday's practice was the team's first of the fall on the Greentree Practice Fields.
• The session lasted approximately 2 ½ hours.
• Practice temperatures: Consistently in the upper 80's, with a heat index that reached 102.
• The Hurricanes' season-opener at Florida State on Mon. Sept 7 is 29 days away.

Last edited by Deeangoe; 08-10-2009 at 12:43 AM..
 8 years ago '04        #5109
madness 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
 L-E-Dub b**ch said:
hes from kansas what you expect....no comp

he can go to tenn with his brother

anyone heard anything bout Luc??
i doubt he goes to miami, his family is shook about what happened to bryan pata (r.i.p.)

he'll most likely end up with the turds
 8 years ago '04        #5110
madness 14 heat pts14
space
space
space

[video - click to view]

i was browsing thru some cane stuff on youtube and came across darnell "nuke" jenkins. he's one of the most underrated canes in recent history, a good player on really bad teams.

EDIT:i remember that school record 97-yard bomb @ 0:35:wow:...i wouldnt wish playing with wright and freeman on my worst enemy

Last edited by madness; 08-10-2009 at 01:22 AM..
 8 years ago '05        #5111
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
yea i liked jenkins sucks dude played with 2 bums

i remember the vatech game em and my boys was eating watch the game at flanigans and when he scored the td to put us up 20-0 we f**kin jumped up and down like lil kids we f**king spilt our beer and everything but we didnt care

the fsu game in 07 that last drive...sitting in the fsu student section and these bum a.ss fsu students talking s**t the whole game and he made the biggest clutch catches in that drive

he was a true cane for real...i remember when him and devin hester were denied admissions and had to go prep...they stuck with they commitments and returned to miami and not be lil b**ches like bobby washington and whoever the hell decided to jump ship after being denied admission
 8 years ago '04        #5112
madness 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
here's a post by an insider on a canes board. kinda long, but a good read

Lost my login data & no longer use the same isp. It's really awesome to have football season closing in and a great place to hang with fellow Canes. I'm so happy this board is still in action as the other seems to be an absolute mess.

It's been a rough off-season for a lot of folks and It's good to read a few of you good peoples attended the weekend sessions. My Nephew and I went down Friday night and spent the weekend in Miami, He's (Nephew) a current Hurricane commit and if he keeps his nose clean, he'll be a 2010 signee. We attended the Coaches dinner during the spring as well as the spring workouts & scrimmages. Things were really wide open at that time and a much different atmosphere than what this weekend had on display.

Initially, I couldn't figure out what was so different....then I pulled my head outta my rump and noticed a few new numbers as well as the returning injured. It's always entertaining when the newer kids get tossed into the fire, I get a weird feeling knowing I'll have some bloodlines in that same situation in less than a year, almost surreal.

Coach Whipple and his practices are far superior to what we've witnessed the past several years. It's so evident and noticeable that I'm somewhat perplexed about the lack of reporting on the subject. The media was present much of the spring time as well as this weekend, yet very little on the structure, pace, coordination and overall aura the offensive unit has. The passing drills alone are a thing of beauty, the amount of reps they squeeze in those drills is pretty inspiring.

If a comparison be drawn from a year ago, Coach Whipple's drills are far more coordinated and offer the youngsters (at minimum) three times the reps. Just from a schematic standpoint, it's clear they've really focused on spacing. Much more is being asked of Coach Stoutland and after absorbing some of the Coach Whipple approach, it really exposes how porous Nix was.

Opposing defenses will no longer be able to key on the Cane offensive line. Evidence of this makes itself available on every game replay from the 07 & 08 seasons. I've had to sit through them for long periods of time as my Nephew is addicted to slow motion, we're on our fifth remote.

Poor offensive production has led many of our Cane brethren to question the talent/quality of the offensive linemen. Well, the line was and still is beastly. They're a mammoth bunch and plenty agile for the mountains they are, they've just had several things going against them. Most importantly, the Nix scheme or lack of. The screens, draws and boots were based on petty principles and had the linemen pissing in the wind, the spacing was horrible, formations drawing defenders to the live side, horrid route combos and so on. Heck, Nix was so frightened of throwing outside the hash, those calls weren't made unless it was an endzone route, behind or @ the LOS. There were a few throws made to the sideline while in their own territory but often times the clock would dictate when or it would be the result of a broken play.

Anyway, much of the offensive improvement is heavily dependent on Coach Stoutland. He's got personality, that's for sure...but is he flexible and a good enough line coach to prepare this line? This, I believe to be the key to the Canes offensive production. They'll run a play with only the center, then add the guards, replace guards with the tackles, just to let the QB's get a feel for how quickly decisions need to be made. I reckon one could speculate on a number of different things that they were doing with the line this spring but whichever tactic...it's better...far better than what they've known. It really does mirror a pro-style and the line splits appear to be the same depending on the personnel.

So, I doubt Coach Foster up @ Tech is going to be able to pre-program his lineman to key on this Cane group. It'll be kinda neat to attend a game where an entire section of fans aren't calling the plays pre-snap...oh man did last year suck in that dept. As far as a detailed weekend report? Two days of glory..just being there absorbing it all was awesome. Roster speed was the most noticeable of all things, a far far cry from not too long ago, when flyin around didn't really mean much. They're legitimately flyin around!!

Big fan of Jacory, in fact I favored him before Marve started that UF game last year, just have to be honest about that as I thought he won (ever so slightly) during the off season..but Cook. Man, does Cook look good @ QB, it just doesn't look like the Coaches are going to be able to get him shirted. Something tells me that Coach Whipple won't hesitate calling his # if Jacory isn't getting his reads. Anyone that says it's J12 and Cook a distant second will be as guilty as I was last year...it's much closer than that. The height and point of release play a factor in how well he looks and if there is one thing that will keep him behind...that would be his release.

Streeter..a gazelle, long strides and boy does he cover ground with those sticks of his. A similarity exists on the defensive side and that would be Telemaque. His strides aren't quite as long but he gets from one hash to the other in a heartbeat, the kid has starter written all over him. I know it's gonna seem weird but he's kinda like Bubba McDowell..if you haven't been able to eyeball this new-comer then pop in an ole Canes game. Although, Bubba was quite polished in 88 but they share that unique way of covering ground so quickly and break off coverage to come in for run support. So many NFL prospects..it's kind of refreshing to see a couple of the scouts back, so early too.
Damn..gotta hit the road, wanted to type more on the offense, very exciting improvements. If anyone wanted to know anything specific, I'll be happy to recall it because didn't really get started on the weekend stuffs..no time for spell check, don't go k!llin me. Cya's soon

GO CANES!!

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '05        #5113
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
Aug. 11, 2009

CORAL GABLES, Fla. - Day four of the University of Miami football team's 2009 fall camp was highlighted by several big runs from freshman running back Lamar Miller as well as a strong showing by the tight ends in 7-on-7 action.

The Hurricanes donned shells for the second straight day. After a slow start to practice, the team picked up its pace as practice wore on.

"As a group, we started off slow today; but we finished up fast," head coach Randy Shannon said. "We can't come out and start off slow and then try to pick it up at the end. That is part of practice. We have to get focused tomorrow and stay focused on the big picture."

Temperatures remained consistent with the first three days of practice, with hot, humid conditions on the Greentree Practice Fields.

The team will return to practice Wednesday morning wearing full pads for the first time in camp.

Practice Highlights
• Freshman defensive linemen Olivier Vernon and Luther Robinson each recorded a sack in 11-on-11 action.
• Sophomore quarterback Jacory Harris hooked up with sophomore Travis Benjamin and freshman Kendal Thompkins for deep balls in 11-on-11 play.
• Freshman Lamar Miller had two big runs on the morning, one that went for a 60+ yard touchdown.
• Jordan Futch forced and recovered a fumble in full team action.
• Tight ends stood out in 7-on-7 play, with seniors Jimmy Graham and Richard Gordon and freshman Billy Sanders all recording a catch in the 20-25 yard range.
• Freshman quarterback Taylor Cook found Thearon Collier for a long touchdown in 11-on-11.
• Freshman defensive back Jamal Reid broke up a pass intended for freshman tight end Billy Sanders.
• In red zone drills, sophomore Aldarius Johnson, senior Javarris James and sophomore Travis Benjamin all found pay dirt.

Miller Post-Practice
After practice, head coach Randy Shannon and several players met with the members of the media. Freshman running back Lamar Miller was among the group that was made available. He discussed a number of topics, including his expectations for the year, the toughest part about being a freshman and his strong showing in today's practice.

On his touchdown run in practice - It felt great. I read the offensive line, cut back and made one person miss. I tried to take advantage of my speed and my timing.

On his expectations for his freshman season - My expectation is to get in here and help the team win. Win games and get the University of Miami back to how it used to be.

On practicing in pads for the first time tomorrow - It will be a wake-up call for me, because it will be my first time in full equipment. I need to get adjusted to the blocking schemes, along with the running and the hitting.

On expectations of being a local player going to Miami - I get motivated sometimes but I am trying to stay focused, stay humble, compete and help my team get better.

On his toughest part of picking up the college game - The toughest part would probably be the blocking. I need to get adjusted to it, know my a.ssignment, stay focused and do the right thing.

On learning a new offense - It's a very difficult play book. You've got to get adjusted to it and just study. I try to focus on the play book, read it every night and know my a.ssignments.

Getting to Know The "U" Freshmen - Jared Wheeler
Hometown: Miami, Fla.
Position: Offensive Line
Favorite Food: Anything with meat in it. I like any kind of meat that's marinated well or is very tender.
Led Zeppelin is in my iPod right now
I'm a `Cane because: This is my community.
My training camp roommate is: Billy Sanders
My first four days of practice have been: Hot and humid
Favorite post-practice thing to do: Sleep
A.J. Trump keeps me laughing
I have learned so much from Coach Stoutland
My most freshman-like moment was when: I walked into the weight room in completely the wrong outfit and everyone else had on the right one.
Jason Fox or A.J. Trump in a wrestling match: Fox
If I could play any other position, it would be: Quarterback
Favorite sport besides football: Rugby

Post-practice notes
• Tuesday's practice was the team's fourth of the fall, third on the Greentree Practice Fields and second in shells.
• The session lasted approximately two hours.
• Practice temperatures: Between 85-88 with a heat index consistently in the mid-to-upper 90's.
• Former players Romeo Davis and Khalil Jones were in attendance at Tuesday's practice.
• The Hurricanes' season-opener at Florida State on Mon. Sept 7 is 27 days away.

Practice Schedule
Miami will hold approximately 18 workouts prior to the first day of class on Aug 26. Four of those workouts have been completed. The Hurricanes open the season on Labor Day Monday Night at rival No. 19 Florida State. Hurricanes' practices will start at 8 a.m. daily, with the exception of off-days on Aug. 14, 16, 20 and 22. Miami's first day in full pads is slated for Wednesday Aug. 12. Four two-a-day practices are slated for preseason camp with the first taking place on Thurs., Aug. 13 at 8 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. UM's other two-a-day practices are Mon. Aug. 17, Wed. Aug. 19 and Sun. Aug. 23. The schedule is subject to change.
 8 years ago '05        #5114
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space

All the good work that was done during the spring sessions has definitely carried over. Most importantly the defense, I truly believe Coach Lovett had a little trouble jumping right in with such little preparation. After all, he was replacing a highly respected coordinator in Young. Where Coach Whipple took charge of a unit that was starving for quality.

There was no doubt that the offense entered spring with a very high excitement level. It most likely took that unit all but 5 minutes to gauge the level of quality between Nix and Whip.

Unsure would best describe the impression the defense gave off that first week of spring work. This past Sat & Sun was 10 times better than how the spring opened up. The preparation level alone was noticeable..big time. The proof lies ahead though, if the offense comes out and successfully nickels and dimes the defense...well, I don't really know.

I almost get the feeling that the offense isn't going to dedicate these limited number of practices to short passing schemes. That's primarily where the excitement lies, watching these units define themselves.

As for how the spring got started. Coach Shannon was going back and forth between the fields. He would spend time wandering around the defensive side and then cross back over to the offensive side. By the end of the third day Coach Shannon spent 90% of his time on the defensive side, venturing over to the offensive side for the sole purpose of having private conversations with different staff members.

The offense was so overwhelmingly ahead of the defense it simply wasn't fair, nearly anything and everything that the offense did was effective. It was predominately the short passing game that made things so lopsided. To be honest, the second day of spring was when we really focused on Coach Whipples passing drills. They certainly aren't extraordinary nor revolutionary...but It's been so long since I've seen that caliber of athlete @ both the WR and QB position running that drill @ UM. It damn sure hasn't been the past 4 years, that's for sure. That day stands out because nearly everyone that was watching had something to whisper to the person that stood next to them.

At the time, I had zero knowledge that both coordinators had a good relationship, I certainly couldn't tell. Personally, I got a sense of animosity as the offense continued to embarrass their counterparts.

It all kinda peaked a few days after the first scrimmage, my memory isn't perfect but it was another embarrassment for the D and the QB's had some ungodly completion % and had a string of nearly 20 straight completions inside of that performance. Then things changed, the D went stone cold on formation drills and went almost exclusively to tackling.

The offense on the other hand put short passing work on the shelf and went intermediate and the ground. That's what made the spring game so interesting, where I didn't see a 1/4 of the passing that we had seen earlier in the spring sessions.

As we all know, the offense still went on to hammer the D by 50...um....50. Man, I still cringe. We've always liked the scoring system because the goal of the spring work lies between the 20 yard lines and damn they did a decent job.

Another thing my Nephew and I spoke about was the absence of factions. Not saying last year was bad, in fact it was significantly better but the residue of previous years screw up my recollection of last year. Most noticeable, is the nucleus of this team. They were brand new faces last year and this year they're like veterans.

Kinda hard to describe because everyone seems to walk away with a slightly different impression. I equate mine to factions, where a group of players will always migrate to one another between drills, water or before/after practices...then you get a feel for who the recluse are. In either case, that nonsense is gone...long gone.

We missed today but we're definitely going down this week, the young fella has a bunch of friends he's meeting there and apparently a couple of the more popular recruits are coming on visits this week. Wish I knew more but I'm not quite as hip as I used to be. I can't threaten the kid anymore and if I p!ss off my sister, I might miss a bunch of practices while I repair stuff.

I see a bunch of responses but if I read em all, It'll tempt me to respond...just got in and it's like 2am so I gotta get sleep if I'm going to be worth a damn. Looking forward to jumping back on when we get back and I settle in. I'm hoping the skeeters aren't so bad at night..we want to find a nice cozy spot to drop a line in the water without being eaten up.

[pic - click to view]

heres the follow up about that cane poster madness posted up
 8 years ago '04        #5115
madness 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
lamar miller's gonna be the real deal...everyone talks about mike james, but miller's gonna end up being better. he carved up miami dade 6-A defenses in high school, so he's battle-tested.

put him and benjamin back there for kick returns and let them fly
 8 years ago '04        #5116
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
RB Miller Has Big Day, Breaks Two Long Runs
Aug. 11, 2009

By: David Lake

Lamar Miller
Today, freshman running back Lamar Miller had his first big practice of his Miami career.

Miller broke off two long runs today of 50 yards and touchdown run of 70 yards and was the star player at practice today.

“It felt great,” Miller said. “I just ran behind the offensive line and I just cut back and made one person miss and then I just tried to use my speed and my talent.”

Miller (5-11, 205) is one of Miami’s top true freshmen this year. He ran for 1,749 yards and 22 touchdowns for Miami k!llian High School and has been clocked at a 4.32 in the 40.

“Early on he is doing a nice job of running the football and picking up the offense and doing a good job of understanding what we need out of him.” Coach Randy Shannon said. “He is not trying to press and trying to not make nothing happen and be the guy. He is just trying to step in and do a good job and he has been.”

Miller’s long runs impressed teammate DeMarcus Van Dyke as well.

“He has vision,” Van Dyke said. “The play was going one way and he cut back and was in the open field and I thought he is going to play this year. He is big and he has vision and he holds the ball high and tight. I thought he was a 4.5 40 guy, but he was pulling away from guys. He is special.”

While today’s big runs came in just shoulder pads and shorts, Miller says he is looking forward to UM’s first practice in full pads tomorrow.

“It is going to be a wakeup call for me because it will be my first time in full equipment,” Miller said. “I will have to get adjusted to the blocking schemes and the hitting.”

Miller says the toughest part to pick up during fall camp has been the blocking that is required of the running backs and knowing the a.ssignments that come with pass protection. He talked about what his expectations are for this season.

“My expectations is to get and help the team win and win games,” Miller said. “I want to get the University of Miami back to how it used to be.”

“It is kind of hard with the blocking, because you have to know who to block. In high school you just focus on blocking one man. The blocking is very difficult, but with the running, I am very adjusted to it, so I want to just stay focused.”

Miller is also working as Miami’s kick and punt returner this fall.
 8 years ago '04        #5117
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Practice Report: 8/11
Aug. 11, 2009

By: David Lake

Brandon Washington
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- The University of Miami completed their fourth practice of fall camp today.

Miami wore shoulder pads and shorts today with tomorrow’s practice being the first in full pads.

Read here for how today’s practice went and what the players and coach Randy Shannon are saying following the practice.

Randy Shannon Opening Statement

“Today started off real slow. There wasn’t the same tempo that we had the last couple of days, but that comes and goes when you get four days in. I think as a group we started off slow, but we finished up fast.”

“We can’t come out and start off slow and then pick it up at the end. At Florida State last year we started off slow and had to play catch up and it got us in the end. We have to get better tomorrow and stay focused on the big picture.”

News & Notes

• Freshman running back Lamar Miller had the best practice of the day and broke off longs runs of 50 and 70 yards. “Early on he is doing a nice job of running the football and picking up the offense and doing a good job of understanding what we need out of him.” Coach Randy Shannon said. “He is not trying to press and trying to not make nothing happen and be the guy. He is just trying to step in and do a good job and he has been.”

• Freshman offensive lineman Brandon Washington is taking some reps at center this spring with the third team offensive line. “He is playing guard very well and he is playing center very well. He is playing two positions and when you don’t have depth that tends to happen. We like the way he is picking things up.”

• Miami forced just four interceptions last year and Shannon says that has been a point of emphasis going into this season. “We have been emphasizing creating turnovers before practice and in any periods that we have things to get done, we are trying to get turnovers whether it is 7-on-7 or inside run. Everything we are doing is to create turnovers and then on offense that helps us learn to protect the football.” Shannon said one reason for their poor interception numbers was because teams didn’t have to throw the ball because UM’s run defense was subpar.

• The development of the tight end group will be key this season with starter Dedrick Epps coming off an ACL injury and Richard Gordon, Jimmy Graham, Billy Sanders, and Stephen Plein all battling for playing time and building depth. Shannon said the tight ends has a very solid day as a unit. “The tight ends did a nice job during the 7-on-7 period catching balls and making plays.”

• Linebacker Jordan Futch forced a fumble.

• DE Gavin Hardin sat out today’s practice.

• Coca Cola and McDonalds each had their logo painted on the Greentree Practice Field today as Miami is making an effort to gain sponsorships this year. “We had some banners and we had them in the spring time and people lose them, so we did it that way.”
 8 years ago '04        #5118
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,900 | Props total: 44 44
im trying not tog et tooo exited cuz i been dissapointed the last couple years
 8 years ago '07        #5119
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
f**kKKKKKKK SEPT 7th come on

im dying over here
 8 years ago '04        #5120
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,816 | Props total: 4071 4071
 L-E-Dub b**ch said:
f**kKKKKKKK SEPT 7th come on

im dying over here
boy you aint lying...im super f**kin amped.

FSU is going down
Home      

most viewed right now
Columbian teacher arrested for forcing students to have sex with her
147 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Why You Shouldn't Fly on Spirit Airlines
49 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Shots Fired: Blizzard's New Commercial Decimates EA & The Pay To Win Cu..
40 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
mario shoots a nice one
14 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sylvester Stallone accused of raping 16 yr old girl!
177 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Rap God Back: Official Eminem "Revival" Anticipation and Discusion thre..
271 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Y’all ever seen a thick comedian?
131 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom And a poom-poom
21 comments
2 days ago