Video inside The right way to heat up PIZZA!! Changed my life
105 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Kim Kardashian Allegedly Wants A Divorce From Kanye West
116 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
67 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #5001
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,667 | Props total: 12179 12179
the crazy part is cookie buchannon,VT, Hitstick Holton, Tommy Streeter, Jordan Futch, Arthur Brown, Jeremy Lewis are waiting in the wings in the 2008 class

these kids have all the talent to be wherever they wanna be

most of them are redshirt freshmans next year :)

Last edited by DEDOS; 11-30-2008 at 03:20 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #5002
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,675 | Props total: 3793 3793
too bad Shannon will waste the talent...n*gga can't coach to save his life.
 8 years ago '06        #5003
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
 Junior G said:
too bad Shannon will waste the talent...n*gga can't coach to save his life.
same shyt can be said for yall :)
 8 years ago '05        #5004
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
same shyt can be said for yall :)
true

i'm just a little salty because we haven't had a commit in a while
 8 years ago '04        #5005
booie4 
space
space
$4,878 | Props total: 594 594
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Head coach Randy Shannon will have some decisions to make about his coaching staff following a 7-5 regular season as the Hurricanes are now 12-12 under Shannon in his first two years at Miami.

Offensive coordinator Patrick Nix is someone that the fans have voiced their displeasure with since he arrived last season. Miami's offense is ranked 88th in the country in total yards.

"The one thing that you can never get caught up in the outside influences, don't make decisions when you're tired, and don't make decisions when you're upset--sometimes that's the wrong decision," Shannon said. "You have to step back for about a week, have nobody around you, and just relax. Then, go and chart down things that you feel you got better at and can you do to improve."

Shannon said decisions like that are made "after the bowl game", but evaluations are done throughout the year.

"You evaluate everything you're doing all the time," Shannon said. "At the end of the season, you always evaluate what you did as a head coach. Did you improve on anything that you set your goals up to be improved of? You evaluate your coaches, you evaluate recruiting, you evaluate weight training, you evaluate your trainers, you evaluate everything that is a part of football. You just want to get better all the time."

Following last season, Shannon released defensive coordinator Tim Walton and wide receivers coach Marquis Mosely of their coaching duties.

Other than Nix's status, which appears to be up in the air, the rest of the coaching staff should be back although it would not be a surprise to see another a.ssistant depart.
 8 years ago '06        #5006
Xaiv 134 heat pts134
space
space
$3,922 | Props total: 1109 1109
 P. Dedos said:
the crazy part is cookie buchannon,VT, Hitstick Holton, Tommy Streeter, Jordan Futch, Arthur Brown, Jeremy Lewis are waiting in the wings in the 2008 class

these kids have all the talent to be wherever they wanna be

most of them are redshirt freshmans next year :)

while I was reading your post and before I scrolled down and saw juniors post I was thinking damn too bad Shannon and Nix are going to waste all this talent I hope FSU and Miami make it back sh*t k!lls me that both programs are irrelevant its good for college football when both teams are good
 8 years ago '04        #5007
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,795 | Props total: 1400 1400
well that sucked. f*ck it....win the bowl game..get a competent offensive mind in here to work with these boys, a new strength and condition coordinator and we should be good to go..oh and a new DB Coach
 8 years ago '05        #5008
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
so what exactly happend...i couldnt watch the game at all yesterday becuz of work...from what the highlights i saw, i think defense blew it again pretty much
 8 years ago '04        #5009
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
 C.R.I.P. said:
well that sucked. f*ck it....win the bowl game..get a competent offensive mind in here to work with these boys, a new strength and condition coordinator and we should be good to go..oh and a new DB Coach
I agree with that one A LOT!! It looks like Swasey has been chillin since that 2002 class left... our players look small as fu*k comparing to those of the top ranked programs like Oklahoma, Texas, Alabama. sh*t is inexplicable really but our OL has been getting manhandled by bigger DLs for the past 4-5 years almost.
 8 years ago '08        #5010
Oh Finesse 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,825 | Props total: 1 1
We comin for the title in '10!! :applause:
 8 years ago '06        #5011
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
 Xaiv said:
while I was reading your post and before I scrolled down and saw juniors post I was thinking damn too bad Shannon and Nix are going to waste all this talent
i mean FSU has been in the Top 5 in recruiting for the past 5 years... so exactly what is the great FSU doing? look at our 2005 and 2006 classes that shyt was a disgrace to miami football.... that wasnt cane type players thats the reason we are in the situation we are in more than anything
 8 years ago '05        #5012
booker20 
space
space
$10,295 | Props total: 0 0
 P. Dedos said:
i mean FSU has been in the Top 5 in recruiting for the past 5 years... so exactly what is the great FSU doing? look at our 2005 and 2006 classes that shyt was a disgrace to miami football.... that wasnt cane type players thats the reason we are in the situation we are in more than anything
false... we signed 20 recruits in 2007 and werent even in the top 20... and most of those 2 previous classes didnt make it past their 2nd seasons

Blue chips Bright(academics) and Rouse(attitude) never really saw the field
Hardrick, Ball, Ward, Foster, and Kelly all gone before they really got PT

Blue chip Warren(home sick)
Ball(transfer), McDaniel(transfer), Rose(illness), Boatman, Hillery(grades)

I doubt thats wasting talent... more like misfortune and I do think Jimbo is more competent than than Shannon and Nix as much as it might hurt u to say it u miami fans kno Shannon isnt a great head coach

Last edited by booker20; 12-01-2008 at 02:38 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #5013
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
University of Miami coach Randy Shannon delivered a clear and concise message when he met with reporters Sunday morning inside the Edgerrin James meeting room. And it was basically this: The 2008 season is officially over. The 2009 season begins now.

Shannon told reporters he'll be on the road with his a.ssistants the next two weeks, hitting the recruiting trail hard, searching for offensive lineman, defensive backs and tight ends to wrap up a recruiting class that already features 16 oral commitments. In two weeks, the team will get back together for practice and preparation for what will likely be a trip out to San Francisco for the Emerald Bowl and a date with Pac 10 team. That will likely be against either California (7-5) or Arizona (6-5).

While Shannon talked Sunday about making an improvement from 5-7 to 7-5 and reaching a bowl game, he fell short of calling this season a success. Way short. Shannon knows well that success at The U isn't measured by the number of wins in a season, but by national championships. And, he knows his team still has a long way to go before it can climb back onto that stage.

Two weeks ago, before the Canes were rocked in Atlanta and exposed yet again at N.C. State on Saturday, most of us believed Miami might have been a little ahead of schedule. But these Canes, the 7-5 Canes, are the real Canes. Not the one that was ranked for a week. The real UM team is the one with holes in its secondary, a lack of talent at linebacker and an offense plagued by inconsistency across the board. It's not the UM team that won five games in a row with smoke and mirrors. The question on everyone's mind should be this: Will 2009 really be the season Miami resembles those ranked, championship teams of old? Or, is this team still in rebuilding mode in '09? My gut tells me it's the latter.

Shannon, trying to explain what happened to his team in the final two weeks of the season, talked Sunday about how many of his young players "hit a wall." He speculated it happened because many of them were being used as the primary playmakers instead of being sprinkled in on rotations. I can buy that.

Sean Spence, Marcus Robinson, Marcus Forston, Aldarius Johnson, LaRon Byrd, Travis Benjamin, Jacory Harris, Robert Marve, Thearon Collier, Davon Johnson, Brandon Harris, Adewale Ojomo and Allen Bailey all had their first of many "wow moments" in their careers this season. But they also had plenty of those "young guy" moments, too. It's only natural. Those guys all did great for the first go-around. There is no question that collection of talent is an excellent base to build on for the next 2-3 seasons, an anchor if you will for a potential national championship caliber team down the road. And, there will be more freshmen and sophomores (guys like Tommy Streeter, Jeremy Lewis, Jordan Futch, Vaughn Telemaque, Arthur Brown, Ramon Buchanon, Gavin Hardin, Harland Gunn) who will provide us with a few "wow moments" next year, too. But that collection of talent alone -- even when those guys grow up a little -- IS NOT ENOUGH for this program to get back to that level of being among the nation's best.

What 2008 taught us as it ended was that this team still needs another 2-3 solid recruiting classes to get back to a point where it has the depth to win titles, play with the Floridas and win games it needs to late in the season when guys are banged up. It also taught us there is more tinkering to do with the foundation. Shannon hinted Sunday about waiting a week "when nobody was around him" to evaluate this team, from staff to players. Could we get an answer that quickly on the team's two major issues? Doubtful. But here's what I think will happen...

> 1. Will there be changes to the coaching staff? I think the coordinators are safe. Bill Young just got here last year and for Shannon to get rid of him after one season would make himself look really bad. Offensive coordinator Patrick Nix? I'd be surprised if it happened. The one thing Shannon has been adamant about in his two years as head coach is making sure his coordinator developed a good relationship with his young quarterbacks, a fallout from what he saw happen with Kyle Wright and Kirby Freeman. And the bottomline is this: Nix has numbers to support his effort. Miami put up better numbers across the board than it did a year ago. UM went up from 110th in total offense (315 ypg) to 88th (327 ypg) and in scoring from 20.58 points a game (101st) to 27.92 (48th). But a few a.ssistants could be asked to leave, especially the ones whose units underperformed.

> 2. Will there be just one quarterback next season who takes all the snaps? While it worked to produce 7 wins this season giving Jacory Harris and Robert Marve playing time in each and every game, the experiment is likely over in 2009. My belief is Shannon simply wanted to give them each a chance to win the job for the future and develop should either of them get hurt. The battle will most certainly carry over through the spring and up until the final Tuesday before the team's season-opener against FAMU. But somebody will be the man next year. And somebody will be sitting unhappily on the bench. If I had to pick a winner right now, I'd say Jacory emerges as the leader. He's got the "it factor" for me.

This football team will lose as many as 25 seniors to graduation, even though a few (Eric Moncur, Anthony Redd*ck and Randy Phillips) we hear are trying to come back. We know there will be holes to fill because of it. But the truth is of those 25 guys, only a little more than a handful were real contributors -- MLB Glenn Cook, RT Reggie Youngblood, C Xavier Shannon, FS Redd*ck, CB Bruce Johnson, DL Dwayne Hendricks, DL Antonio Dixon. That's the good news. The bad news: Are there already guys on this team that can help fill those spots or will true freshman and potential JUCO signees have to do it? Here's what I think happens -- none of those seniors return -- and this is what Miami's two-deep roster looks like in 2009...

Offense
QB: Jacory Harris, So. | Robert Marve, So.
RB: Graig Cooper, Jr. or Javarris James, Sr. | Bryce Brown, Fr.
WR: Aldarius Johnson, So. | Sam Shields, Sr.
WR: LaRon Byrd, So. | Leonard Hankerson, Jr. or Tommy Streeter, R-Fr.
WR: Travis Benjamin, So. | Thearon Collier, So.
TE: Dedrick Epps, Sr. | Freshman or JUCO arrival
LT: Jason Fox, Sr. | Orlando Franklin, Jr.
LG: Chris Barney, Sr. | Brandon Washington, Fr.
C: A.J. Trump, Sr. | Freshman or JUCO arrival
RG: Joel Figueroa, Jr. | Harland Gunn, R-So.
RT: Orlando Franklin, Jr. | Matt Pipho, Sr.

Defense
DE: Marcus Robinson, So. | Courtney Harris, R-Jr.
DT: Marcus Forston, So. | Micanor Regis, R-Fr.
DT: Allen Bailey, Jr. | Joe Joseph, Sr.
DE: Steven Wesley, Jr. | Adewale Ojomo, R-So.
SLB: Arthur Brown, So. | Daryl Sharpton, Sr.
MLB: Colin McCarthy, Sr. | Jordan Futch, R-Fr. | Antonio Harper, Fr.
WLB: Sean Spence, So. | Ramon Buchanon, R-Fr.
CB: Brandon Harris, So. | Chavez Grant, Sr.
CB: DeMarcus Van Dyke, Jr. | Brandon McGee, Fr. or Jamal Reid, Fr.
S: Vaughn Telemaque, R-Fr. | Ryan Hill, Sr.
S: Jojo Nicholas, Jr. | Prince Kent, Fr.

:wow:

shannon in a home visit = good chance the kid is gonna join the family :)
 8 years ago '05        #5014
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
 booker20 said:
false... we signed 20 recruits in 2007 and werent even in the top 20... and most of those 2 previous classes didnt make it past their 2nd seasons

Blue chips Bright(academics) and Rouse(attitude) never really saw the field
Hardrick, Ball, Ward, Foster, and Kelly all gone before they really got PT

Blue chip Warren(home sick)
Ball(transfer), McDaniel(transfer), Rose(illness), Boatman, Hillery(grades)

I doubt thats wasting talent... more like misfortune and I do think Jimbo is more component than than Shannon and Nix as much as it might hurt u to say it u miami fans kno Shannon isnt a great head coach
In FSU thread u said Jimbo will be fine as soon as he gets his talent in place. So why cant Shannon get time to get his talent? I think its too early to tell with either one but u already have some FSU fans questioning Jimbo's playcalling and coaching in big games. Just give them both more time and both programs should be back in 2 or 3 years.
 8 years ago '06        #5015
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
 dipset kid0221 said:
In FSU thread u said Jimbo will be fine as soon as he gets his talent in place. So why cant Shannon get time to get his talent? I think its too early to tell with either one but u already have some FSU fans questioning Jimbo's playcalling and coaching in big games. Just give them both more time and both programs should be back in 2 or 3 years.
cause we miami!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i understand that we should be held to higher standard then these other lil schools around hea!!!!

WE DONT GIVE A fu*k ABOUT ANYBODY EXCEPT THIS U!!!!!!!!!!

ITS US AGAINST THE WORLD!!!
 8 years ago '05        #5016
booker20 
space
space
 dipset kid0221 said:
those FSU fans are idiots... and some realize it now theres quiet a few people saying that they jumped the gun and Ponder isnt as good as 1st thought... I just dont see Miami improving because once they drop a game they go in to the dumps and drop a game to a team like NCST... plus FSU hasnt had a losing season in 40 years or missed a bowl game, something that Shannon accomplished last year... I dont think him or Nix is a very good coach and I was praying during ur search that Schiano stayed at Rutgers. I mean why wouldnt u guys run the ball against us? you came out firing and lost the game in the 1st half even thought Ponder tried to give it back, its coaching decisions like that... As bad as we were at qb this year to win 9 games is an accomplishment and I that what i expected for the beginning of the season.. next year I expect us to win the ACC if not then its a failure
 8 years ago '06        #5017
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
exactly what talent has shannon wasted?

name me ONE OF SHANNONS PLAYERS that he waste?

i mean marcus forston had 5 sacks

macrus robinson was a beast had 7 sacks :wow:

this freshman wide reciever class set records for TD's and completians :wow:

sean spence nuff said

brandon harris coming along

you already know what travis benjamin did

these are all true freshman.... THEY JUST GETTING THERE FEET WET!!!!

shannons watch started in 2007& 2008 thats his classes... you will never see a class like the 2006 class ever in miami... that will go down in the history books

just wait till lamar miller and bryce brown touch down

so please booker tell me what players?
 8 years ago '05        #5018
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
Dedos nice sig n*gga :greetings10:

Originally Posted by Junior G
Miami has 0% chance against GT....and NC State will probably out smart you
like I said ME>
 8 years ago '06        #5019
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
i got owned
 8 years ago '05        #5020
booker20 
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
exactly what talent has shannon wasted?

name me ONE OF SHANNONS PLAYERS that he waste?

i mean marcus forston had 5 sacks

macrus robinson was a beast had 7 sacks :wow:

this freshman wide reciever class set records for TD's and completians :wow:

sean spence nuff said

brandon harris coming along

you already know what travis benjamin did

these are all true freshman.... THEY JUST GETTING THERE FEET WET!!!!

shannons watch started in 2007& 2008 thats his classes... you will never see a class like the 2006 class ever in miami... that will go down in the history books

just wait till lamar miller and bryce brown touch down

so please booker tell me what players?
losing record last season = wasted talent.... no excuses be real, if we was taking L like that I would say it was wasted too... this season for us coulda been wasted after that loss to Wake
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX, Riddle me this .....
208 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX who the fu-k is this!!!!?
63 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Dak & Zeke Partying in Dallas Nightclub on Monday Night
66 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Busted On Social Media
88 comments
1 day ago