Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
64 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kanye back in the Studio with Pete Rock and a bunch of Nintendo Wii Games
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
MMA Ronda Rousey turns off Stephen A. Smith in rousing promo for UFC 207
49 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Doesn't Skip Ass Day!
89 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #4981
booie4 
space
space
$4,878 | Props total: 597 597
Here is the University of Miami football injury report heading into Thursday night's game against N.C. State:

WR Travis Benjamin -- Ankle -- Doubtful

Comment: Travis Benjamin re-injured his ankle in the first quarter last week after a Georgia Tech player twisted his ankle underneath a pile. Benjamin complained to teammates about the play on the sidelines and did not return.

S JoJo Nicolas -- Arm -- Doubftul

Comment: Nicolas has been in and out of the lineup in recent weeks, which has opened the door for Ryan Hill. Nicolas is likely to once again take a back seat this week after playing last week against Georgia Tech.

LB Romeo Davis -- Leg -- Out

Comment: Davis started in favor of Darryl Sharpton last week before suffering a leg injury, which required him to wear a boot. Davis has shown flashes of solid play, but like many of his teammates, had a tough game against Georgia Tech. Sharpton will start in his place.

LB Jordan Futch -- Head -- Out

Comment: Futch has been in and out of the lineup this season as primarily a player on special teams. It appears Futch is a good candidate to receive a redshirt this season.

S Randy Phillips -- Leg -- Out

Comment: Phillips had surgery on his leg soon after getting injured on the first play of the game against Texas A&M on Sept. 20. It appears doubtful that Phillips will return to the lineup this season, but he could be eligible for a medical redshirt if he wanted to stay another year at UM.

DE Eric Moncur -- Leg -- Out for Season

Comment: Moncur injured himself against Florida State on Oct. 4 in the first half and did not return. Coach Shannon said Moncur is out at least three games and probably the rest of the season. Moncur has six tackles and two sacks in four games.

LB Colin McCarthy -- Shoulder -- Out for Season

Comment: McCarthy, a junior starting weakside linebacker, missed the Florida State game with a shoulder injury and Shannon said he would be out for the season Oct. 5. McCarthy finishes his junior season with 18 tackles, one for a loss, and one force fumble in four games. He will be replaced by freshman Sean Spence in the starting lineup.

WR Kendal Thompkins -- Arm -- Out for Season

Comment: Thompkins has caught two passes for four yards in two games this year and will be eligible for a medical redshirt.

WR Tommy Streeter -- Wrist -- Out for Season

Comment: Streeter had season-ending wrist surgery on Aug. 21
 8 years ago '04        #4982
booie4 
space
space
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- With Miami trailing 10-0 in the second quarter against Georgia Tech last week, Jacory Harris led the team down the field.

Harris connected with Aldarius Johnson for two first downs on the drive. First, Johnson caught a 15-yard pass to get the ball into Georgia Tech territory.

Facing a 3rd-and-9 situation, Harris threw a pass towards the Miami sideline in which Johnson dove and came down with a 12-yard reception.

But when Miami entered the red zone, Johnson headed to the sideline as he was replaced and had to watch from the sidelines as the team settled for a field goal. Not because he wasn't playing well because clearly he was. But because his time was up.

"It's tough," Johnson said. "But it's a team thing. When I come out, I just root (LaRon) Byrd on. Next time I might have a chance to get in the red zone."

This has been an all-too common occurrence for Miami this season as typically eight receivers have been in the rotation each game, which hurts the continuity of the offense and the development of a go-to receiver.

Johnson says the hardest part with the rotation is: "Adapting to the game, getting comfortable in the game because you get every four (plays). That is really hard to adapt to because you can go out there and have four good plays and come back and sit on the bench. Then come back in and have four alright plays so it's really hard to adapt so quick."

Johnson is clearly the team's best receiver and has the highest upside. He currently leads the team with 30 receptions for 321 yards and three touchdowns.

"I feel I can score a touchdown from anywhere," Johnson said. "I just have to wait until my season comes. When it comes, it comes."

He has shown the ability to score in the rezone this season as he has caught touchdown passes of 4, 6, and 9 yards.

In high school, Johnson caught 32 touchdowns during his final two seasons and caught 148 passes. He's a big-time player that needs the ball in his hands.

For Miami to improve on their passing offense--ranked 81st in the country--it starts with getting Johnson the ball more.

And when the Hurricanes get the ball in the red zone. Hopefully No. 4 is at least in the game.
 8 years ago '04        #4983
booie4 
space
space
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Robert Marve still has a lot to play for.

Miami is out of the ACC title discussion, but at 7-4, they are looking for a win over N.C. State on Saturday in the regular season finale.

"A lot of people play for pride," Marve said. "When you started off playing as a little kid, you played for pride. You wanted to be the guy on the block, the kid in the neighborhood....and then you wanted to be the guy in your city.

"Obviously, we wanted to be the team of the nation, but this year wasn't the year for all that."

Marve has had his fair share of ups and downs in his first collegiate season. He was suspended for the season opener, but led the team to wins over Wake Forest, Virginia Tech, and Texas A&M.

In 10 games, Marve has thrown for 1,162 yards and eight touchdowns. He has 11 interceptions, but just two in the last four games.

But Marve won't say if this has been a successful season or not.

"I haven't looked that far down the road yet," Marve said. "We still have another game and a bowl game to figure out how this season is going to end up for us. They're two very big games for us. The Georgia Tech game was a very hard game to lose, but you can't cry over split milk. What's done is done. That will be a great question for me to answer for me when these games are done. But it's a little unfair for me to answer right now."

Coming into the Georgia Tech game, Miami was ranked for the first time in two years, had won five straight and were in control of their destiny in the ACC.

Maybe they weren't ready to handle prosperity just yet. However, Marve disagrees.

"I don't think that at all," Marve said. "We just feel into a trap a little bit. It's one of them games where you have to win when the ball doesn't bounce your way. It seemed like the ball didn't bounce our way the entire game like the Virginia Tech game did with the fumbles. It was a learning experience. They proved to be better than us last night."

The 41-23 loss to Georgia Tech was extremely disappointing.

"I was angry, disappointed, pissed off. The whole nine yards," Marve said. "You go into a game like that never expecting that outcome. We felt very good going into the game. But obviously it didn't end up like we like it."

N.C. State comes into the game with a 5-6 record, but has won three straight with wins over Duke, Wake Forest, and North Carolina.

"NC State is very interesting team," Marve said. "To see their record and then to see how they're playing lately, it's two different teams. Them guys really seem to be coming around and making a strong push."

N.C. State needs to win to become bowl eligible. But they aren't the only hungry team.

"We're real hungry ourselves," Marve said. "Obviously, we don't want to end on one of those notes, saying we had a decent season, but we didn't play our best football."
 11-29-2008, 11:14 AM         #4984
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Anyone have links to the game?
 8 years ago '05        #4985
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
channelsurfing.net
 11-29-2008, 11:39 AM         #4986
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah, that's what im using
 8 years ago '06        #4987
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,706 | Props total: 12245 12245
EPPS WITH A 65 YARD TD!!!!!

FINALLY A THROW TO THE TE!!!

8 years ago '06        #4988
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
BRANDON HARRIS INT BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE FUTURE LOOKIN BRIGHT!!!!!

Owwwwwwwwwwwww
 11-29-2008, 11:47 AM         #4989
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I thought Harris was going to take that sh*t to the house.

gotta score here now..
 11-29-2008, 11:55 AM         #4990
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
TD CANES!

JJ with a 1 yrd run.

14-7

Let's play some D now.
 8 years ago '04        #4991
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
i think this team forgot how to tackle
 8 years ago '04        #4992
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
our LB's and Safety's are garbage
 8 years ago '04        #4993
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
emerald fu*king toilet bowl here we go...

we go from ACC championship possibilities to this. Here goes to another sh*tty week.
 8 years ago '04        #4994
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
team ends the year on a sour note yet again, i swear i cant figure out this team for the life of me the defense regressed the last couple of weeks after looking good for most of the year....is it coaching? or are the players just not that good? shannon has some decisions to make, the two-QB bullsh*t has to stop next year, and finding a competent offensive coordinator wouldnt hurt either
 8 years ago '06        #4995
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
what a joke man

the bright news is this was the last game i saw L. Ponder, Ryan Hill, Glen Cook, Khalil Jones play in and im sure i missed some
 11-29-2008, 03:52 PM         #4996
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So who you guys see us getting in a bowl??

As for next season..

Nix has got to go.

Marve and Jacory battle it out in the spring, winner for the starting job is decided there. And no 2 QB system.

Alot of Coker's scrubs will be history next season, so hopefully our defense (mostly LBs and Safeties) will be improved.

Damnit man, I was so hyped just 2-3 weeks ago, now this.

Im looking forward to the rest of this recruiting season.

THE U
 8 years ago '06        #4997
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
in better news 2010 DT todd chandler commited
 8 years ago '04        #4998
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
 P. Dedos said:
in better news 2010 DT todd chandler commited
that's 2010.. a year away from now pretty much. It's cool but you know how 17 year olds can be. What i'm excited about is this new class coming in this year. We're addressing our main problems on the offensive side of the field with Bryce Brown who is gonna give us a true power presence in the running game. He's about Adrian Peterson's size when he went in as a freshman at OU. Mike Davis runs hard as well and Lamar Miller adds plenty of speed and can be put differently, not just as a RB. At OL we finally get Brandon Washington, who is a monster as well as Ben Jones who i believe can make a big impact. Receiver wise i think we straight with what we have and obviously watch for the speed threat that we have to add more strength and power to their game.

Defensively is what worries me. We need to get corners badly and secondary as well. Sure, Phillips is coming back next year but i don't really know how good he really is. Van Dyke is straight garbage man... but BH is getting better and better and i hope he follows that through the off season.
 8 years ago '04        #4999
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
 Cap Peeler said:
that's 2010.. a year away from now pretty much. It's cool but you know how 17 year olds can be. What i'm excited about is this new class coming in this year. We're addressing our main problems on the offensive side of the field with Bryce Brown who is gonna give us a true power presence in the running game. He's about Adrian Peterson's size when he went in as a freshman at OU. Mike Davis runs hard as well and Lamar Miller adds plenty of speed and can be put differently, not just as a RB. At OL we finally get Brandon Washington, who is a monster as well as Ben Jones who i believe can make a big impact. Receiver wise i think we straight with what we have and obviously watch for the speed threat that we have to add more strength and power to their game.

Defensively is what worries me. We need to get corners badly and secondary as well. Sure, Phillips is coming back next year but i don't really know how good he really is. Van Dyke is straight garbage man... but BH is getting better and better and i hope he follows that through the off season.
yeah the good part is all the youngsters will be a year older, they'll have an entire summer to get bigger, stronger and faster....you could see some of them physically wear down towards the end of the year (t. benjamin especially)
as far as recruiting goes i hope shannon can close out strong for the third straight year. the 2010 commits are nice, but i'm looking for who can help us in 2009, i dont want another year where we have to rely on freshmen to carry us.
 8 years ago '05        #5000
booker20 
space
space
$10,295 | Props total: 0 0
2 big DT commits.... Congrats
Home      

most viewed right now
J Prince really think he a godfather
182 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside im going to FAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont care anymore
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If you like women, you'll LIKE this thread. If you like men, SLAP this..
64 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
is there any bigger simp in film history?
269 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Trailer Teaser
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Nintendo shows off Super Mario Run & Nintendo Switch on Tonight Show
55 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 8 - Mark Cuban: Trump is our number one draft pick
32 comments
22 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy