Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Beanie Sigel G-Checks Charlamagne Tha God On AIR!!
51 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oct 23 - 5 teens who threw a rock off overpass charged with 2nd-degree..
65 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Gucci really winning right now
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
If it's fake, I don't think I care this time....
10 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #4841
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,025 | Props total: 604 604
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Junior DeMarcus Van Dke wants to be the team's top cornerback in 2009 after a disappointing sophomore year.

Van Dke started just the final two games as a sophomore after starting eight as a true freshman in 2007.

"I played with confidence (as a freshman)," Van Dke said. "In my freshman year, people thought I was going to play scared, but I played with confidence and listened to what my coaches told me to do and went out there and played. But in the second year, it wasn't really what I wanted."

Van Dke, 6-foot-1 and 175 pounds, wants the responsibility of being counted on by the coaches and his teammates.

"I should be the top cornerback on the team," Van Dke said. "I do want to go against the other team's top receiver, but right now I just want to do whatever Coach Shannon wants me to do."

In 25 career games, Van Dke has yet to record an interception and has two pass breakups while making 30 tackles, one for a loss.

"I need to catch the ball," Van Dke said. "I know in a couple of games I could have had interceptions, but I dropped the ball."

Picking off passes was a problem for last year's secondary, which had just two on the season as the team finished with four, which ranked last in the entire country.

"As a team we only had four, but this year our goal is to get at least 15," Van Dke said. "Coach Lovett had 20 at North Carolina last year. We have the same people they have, probably better athletes."

Van Dke is optimistic that the Miami secondary can make plays in 2009 although throughout spring practices, they have struggles to find the ball in the air particularly in the redzone.

While it appears the secondary is struggling, Van Dke believes they are facing the best group of receivers in the country.

"I think they are probably the top receiving group in the nation right now," Van Dke said.

The receivers are led by Aldarius Johnson, Leonard Hankerson, and Travis Benjamin.

"They can be up there with the top receiving corps to ever come through Miami because they have different guys that play different styles like LaRon Byrd, who can go deep, Aldarius Johnson is a great route-runner, Leonard Hankerson is a great route-runner, and Kendal Thompkins, I call him the Roscoe Parrish of the group," Van Dke said.

He has noticed a difference in the receivers from a year ago.

"(The receivers) are more physical and much faster like Kendal Thompkins, he wasn't that strong, but now he's stronger and faster," Van Dke said. "And Tommy Streeter, he didn't play much last year because he was redshirted, now we can see how good he can be.

Van Dke suffered a light leg strain in his first track meet of the season on January 24 in Gainesville, which held him out for the start of spring practices. He insists everything is fine now.

"I'm back to 100 percent now," Van Dke said.

Van Dke is hoping to help lead the defense past the offense in Saturday's spring game.

"The defense won last year and we are going to try to defend our crown this year."
 9 years ago '04        #4842
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
QA with Mike James from inside the U:

The best quote is at the end.

Does it feel easy out here?

“No, it is not easy at all. It is tough out there. It probably doesn’t look tough but it is tough.”

Was there a point when you started to feel more comfortable?

“Yeah, probably after the scrimmage at Traz Powell I felt more comfortable running the ball and then I just felt like I can do this.”

What areas are you trying to work on right now?

“Picking up the blitz package and things like that. Picking up the blitz has basically been the hardest thing.”

What are your thoughts on the scrimmage?

“I just want to go out there and run hard and show everyone what I got and show the world what I can do.”

What is the feedback the coaches are giving you that they want to see you do?

“They just want to make sure that I understand my a.ssignments and that I am crisp with everything with do.”

Is this an opportunity with you now that Javarris might be out for the spring game?

“Yes, I hate to see my brother go down, but this is a big opportunity for me. I am still going to do the same things I would do though even if he was there which is just run hard.”

What has been the most suprising thing for you so far?

“That I have come out and made an impact so quick. I didn’t think I could do as good as I am doing. I thought I would do good, but not this fast. I am doing better than I thought I was going to do.”

What are your expectations for the season now?

“To make a difference on the football field whether they put me on kickoff or punt return. Wherever I can make a difference I will play.”

How comfortable are you with the passing game?

“I am very comfortable they used to flex me out in high school and I would catch the ball. I am real comfortable with the passing game. I love catching the ball. I feel like if I was a little taller I would be a receiver, but I am short so I am playing running back and I am just find with that.”

How has it been living in Miami for a couple months now?

“Oh I love it. I love the weather and I love the community. Everything is great and there is not a better place to be. If you are not in Miami then your life is going real bad right now (smiles).”
 9 years ago '04        #4843
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
Well so the spring game just got wrapped up, i hope you guys got to see it.

my observations:

1. Wish Jacory would've had more reps than he did. But he looked good, with the exception of a couple of passes.
2. Cook looked really good, led a very good drive. He's def. 2nd stringer.
3. Cannon also looked pretty good too but not as impressive as Cook
4. Mike James is the truth. Kid looks like a hybrid Frank Gore w/ some McGahee in him
5. Wideouts looked good too. Thompkins and Laron were the most impressive. What happened to Streeter? did he even play?
6. I'm pretty f**king impressed on how good the passing offense looked today. Whipple has done an excellent job in implementing his stuff in just 15 spring practices. I don't think we've thrown so much and have had as many formation variations since 2002.
7. There were NO bubble screens, QB draws, Option passes. - Excellent
8. Very impressed with Damien Berry. He kept his legs pumping and refused to go down on contact. Nice 50 yd run for a TD.
9. Jake Wiclaw is garbage. Clearly this kid is not ready yet. He needs to focus more on punting and probably kicking off and just let Bosher to kick FGs and Extra Points
10. Our secondary needs alotta more work to do. BH and Van Dike didn't look too good out there. Randy Phillips and Vaughn Tellemaque looked good on the other hand.
 9 years ago '05        #4844
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$53,693 | Props total: 6529 6529
word is Ivan McCartney is a Cane.
 9 years ago '04        #4845
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
there was over 100 former players and coaches there too

what recruit that was there is gonna not gonna want to join the family?

the recruit list that was there was impressive
250 to be exact.
 03-28-2009, 03:38 PM         #4846
The Lefty  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Anyone have that recruit list?
 9 years ago '04        #4847
madness 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$12,943 | Props total: 2617 2617
 The Lefty said:
Anyone have that recruit list?
Recruits:
Ivan McCartney
Louis Nix (was with Hurtt)
Gideon Ajagbe
LaMarcus Joyner
Jakhari Gore
Brandon Linder
Tony Grimes

Signees
Cory White
Dyron Dye
Ray Ray Armstrong
Prince Kent
Jared Wheeler
Lamar Miller
 9 years ago '05        #4848
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
Did Jeff Luc make it out there?
 9 years ago '04        #4849
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,742 | Props total: 3901 3901
 Cap Peeler said:
Well so the spring game just got wrapped up, i hope you guys got to see it.

my observations:

1. Wish Jacory would've had more reps than he did. But he looked good, with the exception of a couple of passes.
2. Cook looked really good, led a very good drive. He's def. 2nd stringer.
3. Cannon also looked pretty good too but not as impressive as Cook
4. Mike James is the truth. Kid looks like a hybrid Frank Gore w/ some McGahee in him
5. Wideouts looked good too. Thompkins and Laron were the most impressive. What happened to Streeter? did he even play?
6. I'm pretty f**king impressed on how good the passing offense looked today. Whipple has done an excellent job in implementing his stuff in just 15 spring practices. I don't think we've thrown so much and have had as many formation variations since 2002.
7. There were NO bubble screens, QB draws, Option passes. - Excellent
8. Very impressed with Damien Berry. He kept his legs pumping and refused to go down on contact. Nice 50 yd run for a TD.
9. Jake Wiclaw is garbage. Clearly this kid is not ready yet. He needs to focus more on punting and probably kicking off and just let Bosher to kick FGs and Extra Points
10. Our secondary needs alotta more work to do. BH and Van Dike didn't look too good out there. Randy Phillips and Vaughn Tellemaque looked good on the other hand.
i agree with most of that except for #10..I thought BH and DVD played good.

both were in position to make plays on the ball, and at the very least they made the tackle(which is giant improvement for DVD, make no mistake about that) its just one the play where Hankerson caught it on him...Hank just out physicalled him.

but they were both in the right positions for a majority of the plays
 9 years ago '04        #4850
madness 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
New UM offensive coordinator Mark Whipple adds creative touch

New UM offensive coordinator Mark Whipple and players emerged encouraged after spring practice, and with good reason. Safety Randy Phillips said this offense will be ''way more creative'' than last year's: "We have an offensive coordinator with a great mind.''

Although Jacory Harris said ''we ran only simple plays'' and used just 10 percent of the offense Saturday, Whipple's creative touches have been evident, a bit Saturday and in earlier private practices. This spring, we have seen Aldarius Johnson and Graig Cooper throw passes; fullback Patrick Hill lining up at least once alongside receivers; unbalanced offensive lines; and, at times, four receivers lining up next to each other. ''Now we make the defense adjust to us instead of adjusting to them,'' Harris said.

Johnson said Whipple's offense has ''a dozen more patterns for each receiver'' than Patrick Nix's system. ''Now, you will never know what's going to hit you,'' receiver LaRon Byrd said. ''Sometimes, the deep guys like Travis Benjamin might be the short guys'' on routes, and vice versa.

Whipple likes the depth at running back and receiver, and he said: ``We've got real stability in the offensive line. Everybody has gotten better. Jacory is a good player -- he has really progressed. We've got a long way to go, but we've got a lot of promise .''

• Most improved receivers? Receivers coach Aubrey Hill cites Kendal Thompkins and Leonard Hankerson. ''Leonard has picked up the offense the best,'' Hill said. Those two split first-team snaps Saturday, with Byrd also opening with the first unit.

Johnson, who lost weight, ''will have more quickness and speed,'' Hill said. Thearon Collier excelled Saturday.

• Vaughn Telemaque and Randy Phillips emerged as clear favorites to start at safety, and Brandon Harris and DeMarcus Van Dyke at cornerback. (Byrd said Harris has been the toughest cornerback to play against.) Converted receiver Sam Shields has developed well -- secondary coach Wesley McGriff said Shields will play cornerback in games and ''could end up starting'' eventually.

• Spring sensation Mike James, whom Cooper calls ''a combination of me and Javarris James,'' is so dedicated that he said he studies spring football tape 15 hours a week. ''He's got it all -- the moves, the power,'' Cooper said. . . . Another early arrival, Olivier Vernon, had a sack Saturday and has made a strong case to join a deep defensive-end rotation: "I didn't come in early to redshirt!''
 9 years ago '05        #4851
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
from who?
tharinger.com

they said Luc is too, site is wrong alot so they probably hold no weight
 9 years ago '04        #4852
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,742 | Props total: 3901 3901
i tell you what i thought our OL played real good. they were physical at the point of attack, did good jobs staying on blocks and didnt have any penalties.
 9 years ago '04        #4853
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
word is bryce brown was chillin in the locker room and Orlando Franklin kicked his a.ss out.
 9 years ago '05        #4854
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space

[pic - click to view]

somebody need to tell Jose Jose fat a.ss to stop eatin all the food, f**kin slob. He needs to stop lyin too FSU/FU/UGA have not offered this blob. go to Miami and if Luc goes there eat him for me.

Last edited by Junior G; 03-31-2009 at 07:42 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #4855
madness 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
big O >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

our O line is gonna be much improved this season

B Wash is a beast :applause:
i can just picture big O tellin him to kick rocks and then bryce runnin to his brother for help

O-Line is gonna be the key to the entire offense, has to give jacory time to throw and open up lanes for the backs
 9 years ago '05        #4856
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
Michael Langston
FlaVarsity.com

Talk about it in The Tribal Council
For months Booker T. Washington WR Quinton Dunbar talked about taking other visits and looking around to make sure he made the right choice by choosing the Miami Hurricanes. On Friday morning, Dunbar informed FlaVarsity.com that he decomitted from the Hurricanes and ready to start the recruiting process over after talking it over with his family. Dunbar spoke to FlaVarsity.com about his reasons and why Hurricane fans might not have a need for concern.

Dunbar decommited from Miami this morning and will take other visits

The decision of feeling comfortable with a verbal non-binding commitment comes with plenty of pressure. You have to consider many factors such as playing time, location and so on. For Booker T. Washington WR Quinton Dunbar, he didn't want to have any second thoughts as he officially opened his recruitment to the rest of the country.

"I decomitted from Miami this morning. I spoke with Coach McGriff. He was neutral about it, and obviously disappointed but at the same time understood. He just asked me if Miami was still on my list of favorites, I responded with a yes. This is something I've been talking over with my Mom for a while and we came to this decision last night because I need to get out and see other places to see if Miami is the right place for me," explained Dunbar.

Although the news isn't encouraging for Hurricane fans, Dunbar states that it had nothing to do with Miami and it appears the Canes are still in good position to land the signature of Dunbar when everything is said and done.

"Miami is still my number one school and I love everything about it. It's a program I know very well and feel comfortable, but at the same time I haven't seen other schools so I need something to compare it to," added Dunbar.

With his recruitment now open, Dunbar has focused on taking visits to at least three schools and more could be set up at a later date?

"I know I'm going to be visiting Florida, Florida State and Michigan. I've spoken at good length with Vance Bedford (Florida), and James Coley (FSU) both are great coaches I just need to see and learn more about their offenses. I know with FSU, I'm going to probably be taking that visit sometime in the summer with Eduardo Clements and Lynden Trail because both also have interest in them. With Florida, I just have to work out the dates but that could be in the spring. I'm probably going to visit a few more schools, but right now I'm just working out all the dates."

As a junior, Dunbar had a breakout season for the Booker T. Washington Tornadoes finishing with 747 yards and 9 touchdowns. However, according to the elusive athlete, he feels last year was more of an stepping tool for his senior year.

"My best strength as far as my game is going up for the football. I just feel anytime that ball is in the air and it's near me, 99% of the time I'm going to come down with it. This year though I've worked hard on my route running because that's the area I needed the most improvement in because at times I felt I was a little lazy with my routes."

The improvements of that very same weakness have grown by leaps and bounds, with big time performances at both the 7-on-7 Tournament a few weeks ago and the Miami NIKE camp last weekend where some experts even had Dunbar as the top overall receiver for the event.

"The main thing is just putting in the work. I thought I did alright at the Miami NIKE camp. I really k!lled the defensive backs on the deep passes, but I wish I could have done more intermediate or short routes. But overall it was a great experience for me and it just gives me something to push for even higher in spring and summer practice at Booker T. Washington."

Although the Miami NIKE camp tests athletic ability, speed and quickness, there is still no tackling or pads. So how did the experience prepare Dunbar for this upcoming season?

"What helps is the fact that you go head to head against so many top guys in one place. I think the competition factor is the biggest thing you can take out of this event because in practice you probably have one or two guys who are at your level but at this event it's basically everyone is right up there with your talent so it's pretty special in getting that kind of challenge."

Coming into this season, the Booker T. Washington Tornadoes are hoping to return to championship form after winning the 2007 4A State Title. This season, Dunbar will be joined by a stellar wide receiving unit in Ted Meline and Javon Rich.

"Our receivers are very fast and quick out in space. In fact, with Javon Rich he's without question our best route runner on the team although he hasn't hit the national scene. With this group I don't think we have any player that is below the 6-foot height, so we are clearly expecting big things this year."
didn't this n*gga commit like a month ago? now he decommit man these n*ggaz need to make up their mind...i'm sure he will be a CAne again but they be pullin b***h moves
 9 years ago '04        #4857
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
Has Randy Shannon's "seat" ever been cold?
> Posted by Shandel Richardson at 12:51:13 PM

CORAL GABLES _ Last week Rivals.com compiled a list of coaches who were under the most pressure this season.

Among them was UM coach Randy Shannon.

Rivals.com analyst Mike Huguenin, a former Orlando Sentinel editor, writes, "There are numerous coaches on the hot seat, the hottest other than [Notre Dame's Charlie] Weis' is the one under Miami coach Randy Shannon."

The question I have is has Shannon's seat ever been not hot?

It just seems he's been sitting on a flammable chair since taking over for Larry Coker. Is it fair? Probably not. But the whispers were there before he even coached one game because most felt Shannon wasn't the school's first choice. If Shannon were passed over, he was likely headed elsewhere, perhaps to be an NFL a.ssistant or something. The hire was a way to keep around one of the country's most successful defensive coordinators.

That novelty quickly wore off, as the sounds of the critics only magnified after a 5-7 record his first season. Last year's 7-6 finish was hardly enough to satisfy a rabid fan base and an administration that fired Coker after going 59-15 six seasons.

Shannon has downplayed all the "hot seat" talk by giving a similar answer to anyone who has asked if he has concerns about job status.

"I'm fine with that," Shannon said before spring practices began. " I got a job. My job is to win here. Everybody's always worried about, `Well is he going to get fired?' I don’t look at being fired. … The next year we’ve got to be better. That’s the key.”

The fact the Hurricanes are still trying to turn things around is probably because the program was in worse shape than many figured, but Shannon's coaching will take most of the blame from the public (Outsiders fail to remember it took Butch Davis six seasons to return UM to the top of college football.)

And that public reaction, meaning from fans and boosters, is likely the reason Shannon is still awaiting a contract extension. Anyone who doesn't think this can affect an administration's decision is crazy. Because it does. Athletic director Kirby Hocutt has publicly supported Shannon, and said he expects him to be around for a while. I believe him.

Unfortunately, in this serious business of college athletics, words only go so far.

> Discuss this entry
 9 years ago '04        #4858
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
Malcolm Bunche has a diet different than most offensive linemen.

He's not the guy who plops down at a table at an all-you-can-eat restaurant and stuffs his face with fatty Malcolm bunche foods. For the last six years, Bunche has lived on a strictly organic diet. His family rarely eats processed food, and most of the groceries come from Whole Foods Market. The change helped Bunche evolve into a top-tier offensive tackle at Newark (Del.) High and why the UM coaching staff is anticipating his arrival this summer.

"We eat a lot of whole chickens, lots of oatmeal, vegetables," the 6-foot-5 325-pound Bunche said. "We don't eat a lot of supermarket brand. If I eat McDonald's, it's once every couple of months. Even then, it's a grilled chicken sandwich. I don't miss it. My mom can cook We eat good."

Bunche and his father, Curtis, made the decision after researching the dangers of unhealthy eating. Curtis Bunche played offensive line at Albany State and later in the NFL. Malcolm Bunche said there has been noticeable difference. He was able to get in shape faster

"Oh, I really feel a lot better," said Bunche, who estimates his body fat at 18 percent. "It was so much easier to get in shape. I don't have a lot of fat. I have a lot more lean mass and muscle. I'm also a lot faster than I was."

Bunche has impressive physical attributes. He benches 390, runs the 40 in 5.1 seconds. His high school coach, Butch Simpson, calls Bunche "just a pup" because he's only 17. That means he's nowhere near finished growing.

"It's not like he needs to get any bigger, but most young men aren't done growing when they're 17," said Simpson, who also coached former UM defensive lineman Orien Harris. "From that standpoint, it's kind of scary. He can walk into a weight room and sit down with 225 pounds and bench it 16 or 17 times. He's doing 345 and reps five or six times. He's a powerful guy."

Despite the power, agility may be Bunche's best a.sset. He played on Newark High's basketball team, which finished second in the state. Bunche failed to finish the season after suffering a stress fracture in his foot, but Simpson always made a point to take college coaches to the basketball games. It was a way for them to see his athletic ability.

"If you saw Malcolm run the floor, you wouldn't think he was 325 pounds," Simpson said.

Bunche was versatile enough to play all five offensive line positions in high school. He started at center before moving to guard and finishing at tackle. Last year, he rotated between guard and tackle, depending on the opponent.

"I want to be an all around athlete," Bunche said. "I want to be able to play on the left side as well as the right side. On the right side, I'm trying to build on my footwork."
 9 years ago '04        #4859
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
Meet Jamal Reid
> Posted by Shandel Richardson at 7:53:24 PM

When Jamal Reid starts listing the positions he's played, it can take a while before he finishes.

There's wide receiver. Cornerback. Safety. Can't forget tight end. Quarterback. Running back. Kick Jamal reid returner. And punt returner. In short, when Reid begins the roll call, it sounds like Bubba from Forrest Gump talking about ways to make shrimp.

Reid was that versatile throughout his high school career at Lafayette High in Mayo, Fla., leaving the challenge for the UM coaches of where to play him. He was recruited as an athlete, but will mostly likely begin at cornerback.

"He's even kicked off for us," Lafayette coach Joey Pearson said. "If we ran a fake punt, he was the up back and we'd give him the ball. Literally, he did it all for us."

The biggest question surrounding the 6-foot-1, 175-pound Reid is the level of competition he faced in high school. He was a Class 1A all-state selections four times, and leaves as the school's leader in receptions, total yards, touchdowns and interceptions. He felt he answered the critics when he played in the Under Armour All-American Game in January in Orlando. Reid impressed throughout practice and had four catches for 65 yards and a touchdown in the game.

"I think they were shocked that I was from a little school," Reid said. "I know there have been a lot of great players to come from small schools. Not everyone in the nation comes from a 6A school."

Reid also comes from a winning program. He led Lafayette to a 10-1 record as a senior and went 42-5 during his career. Now, he just has to find a position. He said he enjoys playing wide receiver more, but feels somewhere in the secondary is his future.

Right now, he's preparing for the jump by participating in track and field and baseball.

In typical Reid fashion, he plays all three outfield positions.
 9 years ago '04        #4860
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
Meet Shayon Green
> Posted by Shandel Richardson at 4:41:04 PM

With the spring concluded, it's time to look forward to the start of the 2009 season. The Hurricanes signed 19 players for the class, but six have already enrolled and began competing for playing time. For the next couple weeks, I'll introduce you to the remaining 13. Today's installment is linebacker Shayon Green from Tifton County (Ga.) High ...

Tifton County coach Jay Walls begins to chuckle before answering the question.

He's thinking back to the most impressive play made by linebacker Shayon Green in his Shayon career. There were many memorable moments, considering Green was a three-year starter and one of the top players in Georgia.

But one play will always stick out.

Tifton County was playing Brooks County in the regular season. Green's a.ssignment from the outside linebacker position was to hit the quarterback on the option. As expected, Green carried out his a.ssignment but the quarterback pitched to the running back just in time.

"After he hit the quarterback, we had a breakdown in our pitch coverage," Walls said. "He got up from knocking the quarterback down, ran down the (running back) and tackled the kid. It was just a special play."

That about sums up the athleticism of Green. At 6-foot-2 and 235 pounds, he's quick enough to run the third leg of his high school's 1,600 relay team. He's agile enough to compete in the 110- and 300-meter hurdles. And he's intelligent enough to learn one of the game's most complex positions in just one season.

Last year, Green moved to linebacker after starring at defensive end the three previous seasons. Despite the newness, he still was able to record a team-high 120 tackles, two sacks and force five fumbles at weakside linebacker in his team's 5-2 defense.

"I think it was a great move for me," said Green, who last ran the 40 in 4.59 seconds, but said it has improved. "It was good for me to be able to stand up (at linebacker). It was my first time playing. It took me a good two weeks to learn it. I had to learn my steps."

Green said the learning process was complete when during a game he read the guard's movement and it led him right to the ball-carrier. Since that moment, he's been earning strictly extra credit.

"What really stands out to me is his ability to run to the football," said Walls, his high school coach. "He's going to get to the football. I see him playing MIKE or SAM linebacker in college."

Tifton County is a town of just 20,000, but competes in the state's largest classification. The team was 8-4 last year and advanced to the second round of the Georgia Class 5A playoffs. So Green wasn't playing against small-school competition.

It is likely Green is an extreme talent if he receives Walls' endorsement. Walls is the former coach at Suwannee High in Live Oak, Fla. Sound familiar? Yes, he coached former UM cornerbacks Kelly Jennings and Bruce Johnson. Jennings was a first-round NFL draft pick, and Johnson is expected to be a late-round selection in April.

"Now, this is my third Miami guy," Walls said. "I think Miami would be pretty happy if he can get down there and be like the last two. I think that (Green) is going to see a lot of playing time at Miami. He's just got that ability to play on that level."
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Imagine tearing this up from the back!!! Anybody have a name?
25 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside These days these new girls be makin me nervous
7 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Apple is dying, and this guy eloquently lays out the case
67 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden member flies 6000 miles from Barcelona to Las Vegas to meet a gi..
372 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Niggas what the fu-k is going on at neogaf?
119 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Burger King just released one of the best anti-bullying PSAs I've ever ..
35 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Indian but shes not from Cleveland
50 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Karmabirdfly Tatted Up
36 comments
1 day ago