Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
64 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kanye back in the Studio with Pete Rock and a bunch of Nintendo Wii Games
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
MMA Ronda Rousey turns off Stephen A. Smith in rousing promo for UFC 207
49 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Doesn't Skip Ass Day!
89 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 12-21-2006, 08:18 AM         #461
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
December 21, 2006

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Graig Cooper bioVideo highlights

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Five-star prep school RB and former Cane commitment Graig Cooper has narrowed down his final decision to three schools: Miami, Oklahoma State and North Carolina.

And he has set an announcement day.

"I'm deciding Dec. 30," Cooper said. "I'm not for sure yet where I'll go. It's the dead period, so I can't talk to coaches.

"My dad will help me decide. He's not pushing me to anyone, just says go where I feel most comfortable."

Cooper says "Miami's still in the picture ... they've never been out of the picture."

He decommitted from UM shortly after Larry Coker was fired.

New coach Randy Shannon's first in-home visit as a head coach was to Cooper's house in Tennessee, which shows how prized this running back is in Shannon's eyes.

"Coach Shannon has checked up on me all the time, is making sure everything's still good," Cooper said.

Cooper got some good news yesterday: He got back his ACT results and scored a 19.

His previous best score was 16, which would have left him short of qualifying.

"Now that I have my test, I have to concentrate on which school I want to go to," he said.

Asked what he likes about UM, Cooper said, "The teammates -- those boys love me there. They treat me like I'm already on the team there. I love all those guys."
 12-21-2006, 01:50 PM         #462
P DEDOS 954 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
come home cooper!

12-21-2006, 01:53 PM         #463
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
UNC, Ok State or Miami? Come the fu*k on, I mean granted Butch is already grabbing alot of recruits you need to Miami. Dont be scared of Hurricane James, we can use two RB's very effective.. I wish we could just get Noel Devine, and say fu*k it all
 12-21-2006, 05:34 PM         #464
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn yall n*ggas are spoiled ya get mad inside articles and sh*t from rakim... its not fair :finger:
 10 years ago '04        #465
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
In somewhat of a surprising turn to this recruiting season, Bo Williams, a Miami Northeast running back, committed to Florida on Wednesday. He picked the Gators over Florida State and Pittsburgh. Lakeland's Chris Rainey, the state's Class 5A player of the year, also plans to play for Florida. It's a crowded backfield, which doesn't seem to leave much room for Miami Northwestern's Antwain Easterling who is also being courted by Florida.
-- Miami Herald
 10 years ago '06        #466
csarvis3 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,139 | Props total: 217 217
easterlings r*pe case might have scared some schools away, but he is sick though
 12-22-2006, 09:33 AM         #467
P DEDOS 954 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 10 years ago '04        #468
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,798 | Props total: 1401 1401
man its like really crazy on the recruiting front.

it should be one hell of a signing day
 12-22-2006, 04:13 PM         #469
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
December 22, 2006

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Doug Wiggins bioVideo highlights

Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

North Miami Beach High School athlete Doug Wiggins has had one of the stranger recruitments in recent memory.

He's never listed any favorites.

His favorite saying?

"I'm wide open."

Which he reiterated today when asked which schools it's down to for his college announcement tonight.

And that could be a reason for some confusion as to where he might be going.

One Internet site reported last night that Miami has been eliminated. Within 12 hours another Internet site listed the Canes among his finalists.

At this point, even if you're calling from Alaska State, chances are Wiggins will say you're in it, too.

"It's getting exciting right now," Wiggins said moments ago. "I'm enjoying it."

The suspense will end tonight. And CaneSport.com will be there to provide the news.

Will this high-profile recruit be playing college ball close to home?

Stay tuned.

Asked this afternoon if the Canes are out of it, Wiggins said, "That's not the case. This is the first time I'm hearing something like that. I never said something like that.

"It's pretty much still wide open. You'll know tonight."

Asked if it's fair to say he's kept everyone guessing throughout the recruiting process, Wiggins laughs.

"Yes," he simply says.

Wiggins won't even say how he'll announce his choice.

Asked if he'll bring up some jerseys or hats for the announcement, Wiggins says, "It depends. I might just have one hat where I'm going. I don't know."

What he does know: Wherever he picks, he will be enrolling early and participating in spring practice.
 12-22-2006, 04:13 PM         #470
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
December 22, 2006

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Allen Bailey bioVideo highlights

Darien (GA) McIntosh County Academy LB Allen Bailey got a visit at his school from coach Randy Shannon last Wednesday.

"We talked for about 10 or 15 minutes," Bailey said. "He didn't really talk about football. I talked to him before he got the head coaching job. I met him when I came down for the spring game ... he's a nice, normal guy."

Bailey lists his frontrunners as Miami, Georgia, Alabama and Florida.

"All of them are even till I'm done with my visits," he said. "I visited Florida so far. It went pretty well.

"After I finish all my visits I'll decide."

He has set his Cane visit date for Jan. 19.

"Miami said they want me at middle linebacker," he said. "They told me there's a good chance for me to start because their linebackers are pretty small and they need big linebackers."

This year Bailey only played in four games due to a stress fracture in his back. He had one sack.

"I'm okay now," he said.
 12-22-2006, 04:13 PM         #471
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ecember 22, 2006

Jim Martz, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Joshua Gaines bioVideo highlights

Pflugerville (TX) Hendrickson linebacker Joshua Gaines is being evaluated by Hurricane coaches.

"Miami is recruiting me, but I don't have an offer yet," Gaines said.

Gaines listed offers from the likes of Baylor, Oklahoma State and Kansas before he was suspended for off-field issues this season.

The question now is whether those issues will prevent UM from offering.

"Their coaches talked to my coach a couple of weeks ago," Gaines said. "They wanted some film on me.

"If Miami offers I'd probably go there. It's a good program. I've watched them for a while, root for Miami."

Gaines plays linebacker and running back in high school.

As a junior he had 63 rushes for 704 yards and seven touchdowns, and on defense he had 117 tackles.

He says he's qualified academically and that what he is looking at most closely in making a college choice is "the football program and the coaching staff."

CaneSport Magazine publishes 25 times a year, 10 glossy monthly printed issues and 15 online or Gameday Issues for a subscription price of $54.95. An online only subscription or a printed magazine only subscription is $39.95. Call 1-800-635-2263 or visit CaneSportmagazine.com
 12-22-2006, 04:15 PM         #472
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Some things I've heard ..... Reply
Both Greg Olsen & Jon Beason will be going pro. Beason is being projected as a late first to late second round pick. His workout at the combine will really determine first or second round for him. I know Drew Rosenhaus loves this kid & thinks he's going to be a great pro, & would love to become his agent once he declares he's eligible for the draft.

Some other tidbits....

I heard Andrew Johnson will be transferring to Akron(Gary or Matt maybe can confirm if this is accurate).

James Bryant will be transferring.

Lastly, & this one surprised me the most. I was told not to be surprised if Randy has an all black coaching staff. I asked what about Koetter as OC, & was told that's still possible, but that an all black coaching staff was a strong possibility. This would obviously be very good in terms of recruiting black athletes. I'm not sure what kind of effect it would have on a white athlete wanting to come here if that really plays out.

1st the U then 1st round
 12-22-2006, 05:59 PM         #473
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Greg Olsen makes the 3rd great TE to come from the U in the NFL Right now
 10 years ago '04        #474
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
Welcome to the Family Doug Wiggins

[pic - click to view]

North Miami Beach High School athlete Doug Wiggins loved playing the recruiting game.

He didn't meet a school he didn't like.

Asked his favorites throughout the recruiting process, he always said he was wide open.

But he finally ended a horde of speculation tonight at his school's football awards banquet.

He entered the night down to two schools: UM and UNC.

The lucky winner: The University of Miami.

Wiggins announced for the Canes moments ago.

Wiggins, who played quarterback, receiver and defensive back in high school, says he expects to play defensive back at Miami.

"The position [Randy Shannon] wants me to play is cornerback/safety/kick returner and punt returner," Wiggins said. "He said I could play whatever I want, cornerback or safety.

"A big reason for me in choosing a school is to play early. He said I had a good chance, that it was up to me."

Of his impression of Shannon, Wiggins said, "He's a great guy, is very upfront."

Wiggins has graduated early and will be on campus in January.

He never took an official visit to Miami, but has been on campus unofficially.

Wiggins told CaneSport in April that "People ask every day where I'm going. I just tell them I don't know yet, I'm keeping it open."

Now he has an answer for them.

Wiggins listed over 30 offers when he chose the Canes. In a whirlwind week before announcing he took visits to Western Michigan, North Carolina and South Carolina. He previously had visited Georgia and Michigan.

"He's got speed, decent size," North Miami Beach High coach Jeff Bertani says. "He's just a hard-nosed football player."

Wiggins has good bloodlines: His cousins are Udonis Haslem (a Miami Heat forward), E.J. Biggers (a Western Michigan football player), Tranell Morant (a former UF signee) and uncle Reggie Biggers (played basketball for Wiscons
 10 years ago '04        #475
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
and there's a rumor going around that Jabal Sheard commited to us recently as well...he plays DE
 12-22-2006, 08:41 PM         #476
P DEDOS 954 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:applause:
 12-23-2006, 08:47 AM         #477
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Felt like I had to contribute so heres a goodie for you guys

Enjoy

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by Black_Deuce; 12-23-2006 at 12:21 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #478
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
 C.R.I.P. said:
Welcome to the Family Doug Wiggins

[pic - click to view]

North Miami Beach High School athlete Doug Wiggins loved playing the recruiting game.

He didn't meet a school he didn't like.

Asked his favorites throughout the recruiting process, he always said he was wide open.

But he finally ended a horde of speculation tonight at his school's football awards banquet.

He entered the night down to two schools: UM and UNC.

The lucky winner: The University of Miami.

Wiggins announced for the Canes moments ago.

Wiggins, who played quarterback, receiver and defensive back in high school, says he expects to play defensive back at Miami.

"The position [Randy Shannon] wants me to play is cornerback/safety/kick returner and punt returner," Wiggins said. "He said I could play whatever I want, cornerback or safety.

"A big reason for me in choosing a school is to play early. He said I had a good chance, that it was up to me."

Of his impression of Shannon, Wiggins said, "He's a great guy, is very upfront."

Wiggins has graduated early and will be on campus in January.

He never took an official visit to Miami, but has been on campus unofficially.

Wiggins told CaneSport in April that "People ask every day where I'm going. I just tell them I don't know yet, I'm keeping it open."

Now he has an answer for them.

Wiggins listed over 30 offers when he chose the Canes. In a whirlwind week before announcing he took visits to Western Michigan, North Carolina and South Carolina. He previously had visited Georgia and Michigan.

"He's got speed, decent size," North Miami Beach High coach Jeff Bertani says. "He's just a hard-nosed football player."

Wiggins has good bloodlines: His cousins are Udonis Haslem (a Miami Heat forward), E.J. Biggers (a Western Michigan football player), Tranell Morant (a former UF signee) and uncle Reggie Biggers (played basketball for Wiscons
Doug is one helluva player. I used to go to North Miami (NMBs rival school) and he's got one damn arm and he's very athletic. His cousin EJ used to be an all around player 2 and 3 years ago at NMB as well but he ain't got sh*t on Doug. The only thing is that he does need to put on some muscle because i remember that he would go down easily.
 10 years ago '04        #479
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
 Black_Deuce said:
Felt like I had to contribute so heres a goody for you guys

Enjoy

[pic - click to view]

looks like sh*t i be doin do the computer opponent while playin NCAA 07 on the junior varsity level
 12-23-2006, 12:20 PM         #480
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 madness said:
looks like sh*t i be doin do the computer opponent while playin NCAA 07 on the junior varsity level

Home      

most viewed right now
J Prince really think he a godfather
182 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside im going to FAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont care anymore
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If you like women, you'll LIKE this thread. If you like men, SLAP this..
64 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
is there any bigger simp in film history?
269 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Trailer Teaser
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Nintendo shows off Super Mario Run & Nintendo Switch on Tonight Show
55 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 8 - Mark Cuban: Trump is our number one draft pick
32 comments
22 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy