Video inside The right way to heat up PIZZA!! Changed my life
105 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Kim Kardashian Allegedly Wants A Divorce From Kanye West
116 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
67 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #4741
booie4 
space
space
$4,878 | Props total: 594 594
Over the years there have been several quarterbacks who became impatient or frustrated and decided to transfer. Can you name any of them?

Since 1980 they have included Bill Turkowski, Greg Jones, Joe Cole, Bryan Fortay, Alan Hall, Chris Walsh Steve Kelly, Marc Guillon, and even Kirby Freeman, who saw the handwriting on the wall when Marve and you became the heirs apparent.

A newspaper story recently seemed to put words in your father's mouth, indicating you might want to transfer. I know this is a different era than the days of Kosar and Testaverde. These are the days of instant gratification.

But if you want to be one of the great Hurricane quarterbacks, if you want to help build something special with your former Miami Northwestern High School teammates who came to UM with you, eliminate "transfer" from your vocabulary.

I know it has been awkward at times. You started the opener because Marve was suspended for a disciplinary reason, and you looked great, though you beat a Charleston Southern team that your Northwestern Bulls might have defeated. Since then Marve has started every game, but you've seen action in the first half each week. That's meaningful game experience.

There's no way to predict how this will unfold. Marve may struggle so much that coaches have to start you.

Conversely, he may settle down and play great. And you may end up being redshirted next year, creating some separation between you. That's what happened in the Kosar-Testaverde situation. It also helped that Kosar earned his degree in three years and turned pro.

Or you and Robert may develop into a two-headed quarterback. I'm sure you've heard the adage that if a team has two quarterbacks it really has none. That's not necessarily true.

Florida State ranked sixth in the nation in 1979 and reached the Orange Bowl Classic led by the two-headed quarterback tandem of Jimmy Jordan and Wally Woodham. And Florida won the national championship two years ago with Chris Leak starting and Tim Tebow contributing significantly.

ABC analyst Bob Griese likes the way UM is handling Marve and you, saying, "In two or three years Marve and Harris will be setting records." He also reminds people that Schnellenberger used to do what Shannon and Patrick Nix are doing in having the backup get experience early in the game.

Jacory, you remind me and other veteran observers of Dorsey, who was as skinny as a freshman as you are. He was smart and tried to get the ball to the playmakers rather than win the game by himself.

You sounded just like him when you said Saturday, "I'm just having fun running coach Nix's offense. It's a great offense to be in. It gives you a lot of opportunities to make things happen but also to put the ball in playmakers' hands."

You don't have the veteran playmakers he had, but you will. And you have something he lacked: The ability to run.

Just don't run from the "U." Your time will come.
 8 years ago '05        #4742
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
so im in gaineville right now...last 2 canes game ive been to ive seen some gator fans hovering at dolphin stadium...so i figure id rep the U at tomorrows kentucky/gators game.:cool-smiley-009:
 8 years ago '04        #4743
booie4 
space
space
THEARON COLLIER Q&A

Q: This receiving corps doesn't seem to have a go-to guy.

Collier: We all make plays. Everyone steps up and we all get an opportunity to play. We're all making plays.

Q: How rewarding is it to see all you freshmen making plays in your first year of college football?

Collier: It's a big transition from high school, and we're all glad we got opportunities to play as freshmen, score our first college touchdown.

Q: With only two months of experience, do you feel older as a player?

Collier: Yes. We don't feel like freshmen. We feel like veterans that keep making plays.

Q: Wake Forest has a good secondary.

Collier: Their secondary has a lot of experience, and we're young guys. All we'll do is work hard, prepare for this big game this weekend, go against their top players.

Q: Talk about Jacory Harris's effort against Duke.

Collier: He showed confidence. He came through when we needed him. Big-time players come up in big-time games, and he stepped up. We needed him.

Q: When you were recruited you knew a lot of receivers were coming in with you. Seeing it come to fruition with all of you on the field making plays, talk about that.

Collier: When we all came in as recruits we all got together on the phone, talked about how we would all come in as freshmen and turn this program around. Our goal for this year was to come in as true freshmen and win a national championship. That's all we came here to do.

Q: You have five games left. So what happens the rest of the season will be shaped in these last five weeks.

Collier: I feel like we're not freshmen anymore, caught on to the game and the system and are making plays. We have a lot of confidence now.

Q: How are all the freshmen coming along?

Collier: We're coming together as a family. We communicate all the time. We're working hard in practice to execute drills.

Q: Evaluate your own season so far.

Collier: I think it's going well for me right now. I'm going to continue to work hard and continue to make plays throughout the season.
 8 years ago '04        #4744
booie4 
space
space
The defensive line has struggled this season to get consistent pressure.

And that could be a big problem this weekend going against one of the ACC's most accurate passers in Riley Skinner. If the Canes can't pressure him, he will have plenty of time to find open receivers downfield.

That's the bad news.

The good news?

"It's all correctible," DE Allen Bailey says. "We just have to get back to technique, block with violence and have a lot more energy."

Of Skinner, Bailey says, "He's a very talented quarterback. Some underestimate him, but he's very good.

"He's a very smart player, and the team is very technically sound on both sides of the ball. We have to match their technique and focus."

Bailey sees this team growing after its second straight win.

"We feel good," he said. "Everybody feels comfortable. We're just trying to win out the rest of the season, take it game by game."

* Of how he's progressing coming off injury, Bailey said, "I'm hoping to progress this week. I'm feeling fine, just little nicks here and there. other than that everything is good."

* Asked if he was concerned when the Canes fell behind Duke by 10 points last weekend, Bailey said, "Not really. We knew we'd come back in the second half and start playing Hurricane football. We got everything back to basics, ran base defense and got the job done."

Why did the team make the adjustment to go back to base defense in the second half?

"So we could do less thinking and play more ball," Bailey said.

Asked why Duke had so much more success in the first half, Bailey said, "They were having more success up the middle, came out quick paced, no huddle, kind of shocked us the first series."

The defensive line had several offside penalties last Saturday. What caused that?

"They would give a fake cadence from the center, then the quarterback would give a real cadence," Bailey said. "It threw us off. We jumped offside three times in the first half.

"After we got that under control we had a good rest of the game."
 8 years ago '04        #4745
booie4 
space
space
MATT BOSHER Q&A

Q: You had that bad drop on the botched punt last weekend.

Bosher: All it really is is a mental lapse. It's unacceptable. You can't have them, have to fix it.

Q: You had that 76-yard punt with the wind at your back. How good does a kick like that feel?

Bosher: It feels really good. I'm just trying to go out there and do my best for the team. If that happens it makes me happy because it helps out the team.

Q: Do players play attention to the ACC standings at this point, the fact that you're back in the race?

Bosher: We don't really look at the standings as much as the next opponent we're going to play. Nothing matters if you don't win the next week. We're just focusing on Wake Forest and making sure we come out and play them strong.

Q: What's your a.ssessment of the mood of the team right now? Is there a lot of confidence with these two wins in a row?

Bosher: We've been confident throughout. It's nice to get a couple of wins in. I think we're ready to continue our roll. We play a good team in Wake Forest this week, but I'm confident we can come out with another win.

Q: Randy Shannon has mentioned freshman Jake Wieclaw as a guy who might be able to take some pressure off you by handling kickoffs, for instance. How close do you see him to being ready to contribute?

Bosher: He's a great kicker. That's something for coach Shannon to a.ssess. (Wieclaw) does a great job in practice all the time. He's got a great leg, is a great kid. But that's for coach Shannon.

Q: Have you seen strides from Wieclaw since he arrived at UM?

Bosher: He's definitely progressed since he's been here, has made some big steps.

Q: Is there one area he's gotten better at compared to other areas?

Bosher: I can't put one thing on it. A lot of things with him have gotten better, everything from his mental game to height on the ball, getting distance. He's a great kicker, has a great leg.

Q: Has he gotten used to kicking off the ground instead of off a tee like in high school?

Bosher: He's gotten over the fact that he's not kicking off the tee anymore. That's a big hurdle for a kicker coming from high school to college. Coach has done a great job working on him with that.

Q: Sam Swank, Wake Forest's outstanding kicker, is trying to come off a minor leg injury for this game. But is there really such a thing as a minor leg injury?

Bosher: Everything's going to affect you, but some hurt more than others. He's a great kicker, so he can get through things.

Q: Swank also handles kicking and punting like you. Do you study his drops and technique, or is everyone a little different?

Bosher: Everyone's a little bit different, has their own style. There are guys you look up to, but you always have to do your own thing and focus on what works best for you.
 8 years ago '05        #4746
BadAzzYelloGirl 
space
space
$5,163 | Props total: 8 8
I NEED Miami to win tomorrow! NEED IT DAMNIT!!

Go Canes!!
 8 years ago '04        #4747
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
 BadAzzYelloGirl said:
I NEED Miami to win tomorrow! NEED IT DAMNIT!!

Go Canes!!
you must have them in a parlay bet or something
 8 years ago '05        #4748
BadAzzYelloGirl 
space
space
$5,163 | Props total: 8 8
 madness said:
you must have them in a parlay bet or something
YES!!! I just realized they're in all of my parlays and a straight bet!

Maaaaan, Miami can't lose at home to Wake!
 8 years ago '04        #4749
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
xavier channon is garbage. By the time his shotgun snaps reaches the QB the d-line is already a yard deep in the backfield
 8 years ago '04        #4750
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
yeah shannon has been high-snappin all season...hope we can get some more of that second half magic from last week
 8 years ago '04        #4751
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
marve's got some wheels:wow:
 8 years ago '04        #4752
space
space
marve needs to learn no to throw it 100mph if the receiver is next to you
 8 years ago '04        #4753
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
why would you call a slow-developing stretch run on 4th and 1?
 8 years ago '04        #4754
space
space
fu*k was it a turnonver???

my fu*king satellite just went out cuz of the rain
 8 years ago '04        #4755
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
ojomo is a terror off the edge:applause:
 8 years ago '04        #4756
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,795 | Props total: 1400 1400
Good, UgLY win against a tough wake forst team...we needed this, if we could just play both half's of a football game we would be a good team. but looks like our boys are growing and learning how to finish games
 8 years ago '04        #4757
space
space
wake forest hurt themselves several times with their game plan. I dont know if they watched any tapes, but miami db's cant cover. Running all those times did not help,
 8 years ago '07        #4758
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
good solid win, I dont think the QB situation will be settled for a few weeks with marve playin solid today

in other new, fu*king UF and urban meyer got no damn sense....up 53 and still passing
 8 years ago '04        #4759
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
lucky for us riley skinner couldnt throw the ball further than 10 yards. whatever, wins are hard to come by, i'll take it.
 8 years ago '05        #4760
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
 ttime236 said:
good solid win, I dont think the QB situation will be settled for a few weeks with marve playin solid today

in other new, fu*king UF and urban meyer got no damn sense....up 53 and still passing
lol yea i was at the gator game today...atleast it was with the second team
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX, Riddle me this .....
208 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX who the fu-k is this!!!!?
63 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Dak & Zeke Partying in Dallas Nightclub on Monday Night
66 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Busted On Social Media
88 comments
1 day ago