Video inside The right way to heat up PIZZA!! Changed my life
105 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Kim Kardashian Allegedly Wants A Divorce From Kanye West
116 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
67 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #4701
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,795 | Props total: 1400 1400
thank god for jacory...the kid played his a.ss off
 8 years ago '04        #4702
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
Marve still the starter?

When Robert Marve threw a pass up for grabs into three Duke defenders and was intercepted midway through the second quarter, coach Randy Shannon called on Jacory Harris.

And Harris remained in the rest of the game, leading six scoring drives.

So where does that leave UM now?

The same as before.

Shannon said after the game that Marve remains his starting quarterback. Harris will continue to see series here and there in games.

"We're still in the same situation at quarterback," Shannon said. "When Jacory came in it was a good situation for Jacory because it was the fourth series. He did a great job of going with the two minute drill and getting us some points.

"There's a reason why we play both quarterbacks. If Robert (Marve) is not doing it (we have Harris). Those two are going to help this football team win a lot of games at Miami."

Harris didn't seem upset with the decision, saying "Robert is a great quarterback, and I want everyone to know that. Whenever Robert is hot, I want Robert to stay in. And vice versa - that's how we feel about it."

Harris threw for four touchdowns and ran in another in the game. He led another drive that ended in a touchdown as well.

"It's a very good partnership (at quarterback)," Shannon said. "Jacory came in, moved the football well. We felt he was hot, so we came out at halftime and did the same things (with Jacory). But he also threw two bonehead interceptions. Those two guys [Harris and Marve] are going to be tremendous quarterbacks for us in this program."

In all Harris completed 18 of 28 passes for 186 yards. He was intercepted twice, once on a pass deflected at the line of scrimmage.

"It was nice coming out after Marve, just felt good," Harris said. "I was just having fun running coach (Patrick) Nix's offense. it's a great offense to be in, gives you a lot of opportunities to make something happen. I knew when my time was called I would come out and do it."

Marve started and finished hitting on four of seven throws for 64 yards with one touchdown pass. He was replaced after throwing a ball up for grabs that was intercepted.

"Robert got us a touchdown early in the game, and Jacory accounted for (the other) touchdowns," receiver Kayne Farquharson said. "He had a hell of a day."
@2 bonehead picks....one of them was tipped. if any of the picks were boneheaded it was the one marve threw into double coverage.

i sure hope shannon knows what he's doing....
 8 years ago '06        #4703
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,667 | Props total: 12179 12179
ive been on shannons side thru thick and thin but if he goes with marve ima jump ship

pick one and keep em in the whole game.... your fu*kin with there rythm
 8 years ago '04        #4704
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
 P. Dedos said:
ive been on shannons side thru thick and thin but if he goes with marve ima jump ship

pick one and keep em in the whole game.... your fu*kin with there rythm
You know what, after all, i think it's too early in their careers to let them roll on their own throughout a whole game. Sure Marve is regressing but he's gaining experience from his fu*k ups, as well as Jacory. It's still a QB race; regardless of what happens, we better keep winning games i don't care who the QB is.
 8 years ago '04        #4705
booie4 
space
space
$4,878 | Props total: 594 594
Miami's 49-31 win over Duke Saturday was very telling as to where UM stands heading into the second half of the season.

Down by ten early in the second half, freshman quarterback Jacory Harris led UM to five touchdowns and finished the game 18-of-28 for 186 yards, four touchdowns and two interceptions.

What did UM's win over Duke mean moving forward this season? Here are five keys we learned about Miami after their win over Duke.

5. Miami needed this win

This win was big for two reasons: 1) Miami ended their six game ACC losing streak dating back to last year and 2) the win over Duke was the first time Miami had won two games in a row since September 20 and September 29 last year, when UM beat Texas A&M and Duke in back to back weeks. Miami can take the momentum of this win and learn that winning games can carry through from week to week and finish the second half of this season strong. Next week Miami faces Wake Forest at home and UM has a lot more momentum going into this game.

4. This team is resilient

Duke took a 24-14 lead early in the third quarter after a Jacory Harris interception. Miami responded by outscoring Duke 35-7 the rest of the way. Miami never showed that they were panicked at any point when they were down by ten and the offense responded by scoring a touchdown on UM's next drive. Miami showed strong mental toughness to come out with a tough win on the road. This team never gave up and the final score turned out to be a blowout. This game proved to Miami that they are always in the game no matter what the score is.

3. Second half defensive adjustments were key

Miami's defense came out in the second half and attacked Duke quarterback Thaddeus Lewis by coming with more blitzes. Lewis started the game going a solid 7-of-13 for 76 yards, but UM's defense rattled Lewis in the second half, causing him to finish the game 12-of-28 for 130 yards with two touchdowns. Miami's timely defense and pressure by the defensive line was a big key to Miami getting back in the game in the second half. All the credit goes to defensive coordinator Bill Young and the way he made the adjustments at the half.

2. The freshmen wide receivers are getting the majority of the reps

Just look at who caught touchdown passes against Duke: Davon Johnson, Aldarius Johnson, Travis Benjamin, and LaRon Byrd. Aldarius Johnson, Benjamin, and Thearon Collier started the game with LaRon Byrd and Davon Johnson heavy in the rotation. The staff made it clear against Duke that they are going to run with their freshmen wide receivers the rest of the season. Aldarius Johnson continues to improve week to week with his eight catch, 85-yard, and one touchdown game while Benjamin continues to be a big play option with his 25-yard touchdown reception. As the receivers continue to gain confidence, this unit could be scary.

1. Jacory Harris should be the starter against Wake Forest

After Robert Marve threw a very questionable interception in the first quarter, Jacory Harris was given the snaps for the rest of the game. Harris made his freshman mistakes, by throwing an interception, but once Harris found a rhythm and got comfortable in he game, he had a good command of the offense. Harris made the safe throws to his receivers and let them make plays with the ball in their hands. He showed strong poise when UM was down by ten points in the second half and led UM to a resounding victory. Harris was given his shot against Duke and he showed he earned the starting job with his performance.
 8 years ago '04        #4706
booie4 
space
space
$4,878 | Props total: 594 594
Jacory Harris.

The University of Miami found its quarterback of the present and future Saturday afternoon in Durham, North Carolina, as Jacory Harris led the 'Canes to a come-from-behind win over Duke 49-31 to capture the 'Canes first ACC since beating FSU last year in Tallahassee.

Harris finished the game 18 for 28 for 185 yards, four touchdowns and two interceptions, one off a deflection. He also rushed 10 times for 53 yards and led the 'Canes to 35 unanswered points in the second half after the 'Canes fell behind 24-14 a minute into the third quarter.

He entered the game with the 'Canes trailing 14-7 with just over six minutes to play in the first half and quickly had a three and out with him taking a sack on a third and long.

But on his next drive, which might be the drive that turns the University of Miami program around, following a Duke field goal that started with 1:33 to play in the half, Harris orchestrated a two-minute drive to perfection leading the 'Canes on an eight-play, 68-yard drive that he capped with a nine-yard touchdown pass to Chris Zellner cutting the deficit to three with 11 seconds to play in the first half.

On the drive Harris ran for 23 yards to get it started. After a completion to Dedrick Epps, Harris started to remember his high school days and the pitch and catch he made look so easy with Aldarius Johnson. He found Johnson three straight times, including on a fourth and two from the Duke 27 that Johnson turned into a 12-yard gain.

Harris started the second half and made a big mistake immediately throwing an interception which gave Duke the ball at the 'Canes 12-yard line leading to a Duke touchdown giving the Blue Devils a 24-14 lead, but it was all Harris the rest of the way as he controlled the offense and looked like the All-American he was at Northwestern High School.

He led a three-play, 69-yard drive that started with a 37-yard run by Graig Cooper. On the next play, Patrick Nix opened up the bag of tricks with a double reverse pass from Travis Benjamin to Harris who picked up 16 yards on the play giving Miami the ball at the Duke 15. Harris took it in on the next play on a quarterback draw for the touchdown cutting the lead to 24-21.

After a Duke punt, it was Harris again leading the 'Canes on another drive, this time a 5-play, 59-yard drive. Cooper started the drive with a 15-yard run followed by a sweet pass from Harris to Kayne Farquharson on a roll out.

Harris then hit Johnson for a six-yard touchdown pass on a perfectly thrown fade pattern giving the 'Canes a 28-24 lead.

Johnson finished with 8 catches for 84 yards and a touchdown, but he also established himself as the "go to" receiver that 'Canes have been waiting for because he was finally given the opportunity.

After a defensive stand forced a quick punt by Duke, the 'Canes took over at the Blue Devils 28-yard line following a nice punt return by Benjamin. Harris then rewarded Benjamin with a 25-yard strike for a touchdown and a 35-24 lead.

Then it was Harris leading the 'Canes right down the field again finding another freshman for a touchdown as he it LaRon Byrd with a fade for a ten-yard touchdown capping a ten-play, 55-yard drive for a 42-24 lead with 10:59 to play.

But that wasn't it for Harris as he led another drive, this time a 9-play, 46-yard drive making the 'Canes six for six inside the red zone. Harris found Johnson again twice on the drive which set up a two-yard touchdown run by Shawnbrey McNeal giving Miami a 49-24 lead with 4:19 to play.

Duke dominated the 'Canes early as Thaddeus Lewis methodically drove the Blue Devils up and down the field as they jumped out to a 17-7 lead while dominating the time of possession in the first half 20:38 to 9:22.

Although Robert Marve started off the game very well completing three nice passes including a 17-yard touchdown pass to Davon Johnson that gave Miami a 7-0 lead late in the first quarter that was about all he did.

An interception that he threw into triple coverage in the second quarter may have been the straw that broke the camel's back for the coaching staff. It was a play he could have easily thrown the ball away on. Rather he made a horrendous decision and tried to make a play downfield that simply wasn't there with 11:31 to play in the first half.

That play led to Duke taking a 14-7 lead and would be Marve's final play of the day and possibly for quite some time based on what Harris did the rest of the day
 10-19-2008, 07:26 AM         #4707
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 8 years ago '06        #4708
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
 8 years ago '05        #4709
CO Butta 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,394 | Props total: 1 1
SHANNON SAID MARVE IS STILL THE STARTER.....TOLD YALL DUMB MOTHA fu*kAZ
 8 years ago '05        #4710
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,675 | Props total: 3793 3793
Marve > Harris imo.....the team just likes Harris better that's why he's showin out more. they play harder with him in than they do with Marve
 8 years ago '04        #4711
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,795 | Props total: 1400 1400
 Junior G said:
Marve > Harris imo.....the team just likes Harris better that's why he's showin out more. they play harder with him in than they do with Marve
well wouldnt that make your opinion irrelevant, no disrespect intended, seeing as how Harris got results wouldnt that make it Harris > Marve
 8 years ago '05        #4712
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,675 | Props total: 3793 3793
 C.R.I.P. said:
well wouldnt that make your opinion irrelevant, no disrespect intended, seeing as how Harris got results wouldnt that make it Harris > Marve
If the team played behind Marve like they do Harris it would be Marve > Harris....because Marve is the better qb.
 8 years ago '06        #4713
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
 Junior G said:
your joking me right... you think the players arent playing hard for one QB and not the other :nuts:
 8 years ago '06        #4714
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
 CO Butta said:
and what exactly did u tell us?
 8 years ago '04        #4715
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 CO Butta said:
doesnt mean sh*t

i mean this is the same guy who made kirby freeman the starter last year and had richard gordon returning kicks
 8 years ago '04        #4716
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 Junior G said:
If the team played behind Marve like they do Harris it would be Marve > Harris....because Marve is the better qb.
better arm strength? yes

better qb? that's still up for debate
 8 years ago '07        #4717
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
Shannon needs to stick to his recruiting and focusing on what he knows which is the defense. He hasnt proved he knows what hes doing with the offensive decisions...

I know this is too far to think, but.....'skins need to get Aldarious Johnson when its time:agreement6:
 8 years ago '04        #4718
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 ttime236 said:
I know this is too far to think, but.....'skins need to get Aldarious Johnson when its time:agreement6:
nope, dolphins are gettin him in the first round of the 2011 draft
 8 years ago '05        #4719
CO Butta 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,394 | Props total: 1 1
doesnt mean sh*t

i mean this is the same guy who made kirby freeman the starter last year and had richard gordon returning kicks

which brings me to my other point i made yesterday....maybe its yalls coaches???
 8 years ago '06        #4720
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
 CO Butta said:
which brings me to my other point i made yesterday....maybe its yalls coaches???

at the end of the day i wouldnt trade them for your coaches thats for damn sure

ill take my chances famo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX who the fu-k is this!!!!?
63 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX, Riddle me this .....
208 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Dak & Zeke Partying in Dallas Nightclub on Monday Night
66 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Busted On Social Media
88 comments
1 day ago