Video inside The right way to heat up PIZZA!! Changed my life
105 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Kim Kardashian Allegedly Wants A Divorce From Kanye West
116 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
67 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #4681
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
 madness said:
:applause:

and when are you gonna change that god-awful avy? i feel like puking everytime i see it:sick:
2 week avy bet:banghead: .... comes off on saturday tho

Last edited by Deeangoe; 10-16-2008 at 03:14 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #4682
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,667 | Props total: 12179 12179
 L-E-Dub bi*ch said:
are you able to post that rivals article??
nah

maybe a nole can hook it up

EDIT: Got it famo

Rivals Article: Sheldon Richardson

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jim Martz
CaneSport.com Editor

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

St. Louis (MO) Gateway High School TE Sheldon Richardson remains a Missouri commitment.

But he says the Hurricanes are very much in his recruiting picture.

"They're No. 2 (behind Missouri) on my list," said Richardson, who is also considering Arkansas and Kansas State [he previously was also considering Oklahoma but says the Sooners have backed off of his recruitment].

So how far behind Missouri are the Canes?

"I don't know," Richardson said. "When I take my official (to Miami) we'll take it from there."

So far he hasn't set up a visit date.

But he knows his announcement date: "I'll be announcing my choice on Feb. 4 [signing day]," Richardson said.

Richardson is being recruited primarily as a tight end, but he says Cane coaches have also mentioned they like him as a defensive end.

"I've been talking to coach (Tommie) Robinson," Richardson said. "He just tells me what Miami is about, the tradition and how they're bringing it back and where they were.

"He was saying if I keep losing weight and getting faster I'll play tight end. And if my body keeps growing I'll play defensive end. That's fine with me. Defensive end or tight end is what I want to play."

Richardson says he will remain a Missouri commitment "until I see something better."

He adds, "That's why I feel Miami is a school that, if it impresses me more than Mizzou, that's the school I'd choose. Otherwise I'm going to my hometown state."

Richardson says he watched Miami's games against Florida, North Carolina and Florida State on television and that "I really like the way they use their tight ends because everyone is trying to switch to a spread and I like the way they stick to it and make do with their tight ends.

"I also like the way they have a rotation with their D-linemen. I'm pretty impressed with what I've seen."

So far this year Richardon's team has a 2-4 record. He has 44 tackles and seven sacks on defense, and on offense he has 12 catches for 118 yards. He also has four kick returns for 125 yards and three punt returns for 73 yards.

Last edited by DEDOS; 10-16-2008 at 03:24 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #4683
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 466 466
 P. Dedos said:
nah

maybe a nole can hook it up

EDIT: Got it famo
good sh*t

lets see where this goes

i doubt he goes back on his commitment tho

but hey we dont get him orson charles aint so bad(thats my homeboy to)
 8 years ago '04        #4684
booie4 
space
space
$4,878 | Props total: 594 594
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Saturday against UCF is something quarterback Robert Marve will probably never forget. However, as long as he remembers it, it's something he'll probably find a way to not repeat following a three interception performance where his decisions were questionable at best.

In most years a match up against Duke would be a welcome for a team that is struggling, but the 'Canes are not having a typical 'Canes year and Duke is not the typical Duke getting bludgeoned by ACC opponents.

At the same time, the Blue Devils have given the 'Canes fits over the past two years. And Marve knows it. He's certainly not overlooking the Dukies, not after having had a nightmare of a game last Saturday.

"I think Duke has a great team this year. One thing I noticed on film is they are always hustling to the ball, no matter if they make the play or miss the play, they always have a bunch of players running around. They're real pumped up on the defensive side of the ball and they are going to get at us," Marve said.

For Marve it will be a chance to get back on track and improve, something the 'Canes haven't seen much of since they beat Texas A&M 41-23 last month.

"It's a big deal for both teams. It's a big ACC game for us. We are trying to get that first ACC game under our belts," Marve said. "We are gong to be prepared for everything. We have to go in and play our "A" game."

However, Marve doesn't plan on changing his approach to the game. While he knows he didn't have a good game against UCF, he's not letting it get in his head or allowing it to affect his play.

"I just need to keep my head, just keep trying to make plays happen, you are never as bad as you think you are and you are never as good as you think you are," Marve said. "The biggest thing is to keep making my reads and no hesitation on my part."

One thing that Marve has struggled with each week is the different looks that defenses are throwing at him. While he sees one thing on film during practice and film review, when the games come, he finds himself a bit confused and surprised at what teams are throwing his way.

It happened against Florida State when he said that he was surprised at the 'Noles speed on defense and that they did nothing on film in the game.

He made the same comments following the UCF game saying that UCF changed a lot of things.

The problem for Marve is that is what being a college quarterback is. It's about making adjustments on the fly and being able to read what the defense is doing. It's what separates the average from the good and the good from the great, something Marve strives to be.

"The looks definitely change up on us a bit. It's about seeing a different look and learning how to react to it," Marve said.

And trusting offensive coordinator Patrick Nix is also important. Although Marve says he has full faith in Nix's play calling, the 'Canes offense has struggled in every game except for the Texas A&M game.

"Whatever he calls we have full faith in it. We are just trying to execute everything he calls," Marve said.

Marve also likes the fact that Nix is on the field and able to give him immediate feedback as he comes off the field.

"He gives us indicators on what the defense is doing. Having him on the field right in front of you helps you a lot," Marve said.

But Marve's focus is Duke.

"I am looking forward to going on the road and playing on the road at Duke. I am feeling good about going to Duke and getting ready for them," Marve said.
 8 years ago '04        #4685
booie4 
space
space
$4,878 | Props total: 594 594
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Miami is coming off a 20-14 lackluster victory over UCF as the Hurricanes racked up just 216 yards of total offense.

"This week, for whatever reason, we just didn't play very good. Everyone one of us will admit it," offensive coordinator Patrick Nix said. "We didn't play with a lot of emotion or passion. We've got to remedy that. That's what this game is about. If you don't play with it, it's going to be hard.

"We can't generate it as coaches. They've got to play with that."

The offensive output dropped Miami to 110th in total offense--averaging 289 yards a game. Nix, in his second year at UM, has beared the brunt of criticism from the fans.

"The fans we talk to are behind us so we don't worry about it," Nix said. "I know this is that we've got a room full of guys that are behind and coaches and that's all we're concerned with. Fans pay to come watch us, that's about it. We've got to do what we do and do the best we can. We can't worry about criticism, this that and the other.

"It's easy to sit up there and criticize. That's the easiest thing in the world to do. It's easy to sit and write it or talk about it. That's the easy thing to do. The tough thing to do is to go out there and take the snap and actually be on the field and actually be going through it. That's the toughest thing. The easiest thing is for people who have never been there and done that to say, 'why don't they do this or why don't they do that?' That sounds good and reads good, but the realistic part of it is that you have a group of guys that are working extremely hard and we're going to get better."

Quarterbacks

Nix talked about the play of the quarterbacks--Robert Marve and Jacory Harris--who have combined to throw for 924 yards, seven touchdowns, and nine interceptions while completing 55 percent of their passes in six games.

"You basically have 1.8 seconds to make a decision," Nix said. "And to decipher everything and where the defense is going and where the offensive guys are, it's not always easy. Some guys can't handle the 1.8 seconds. That's why they are great out here throwing against air, but once you get them in a real situation, it's tough.

"I think both guys have done a good job overall of handling it, but when you start getting those different looks and all of a sudden they roll this coverage and you're thinking where's he going and I'm supposed to go there, sometimes it's just too late. But we are starting to get to the point where they are remembering where to go, now we just have to get it a little bit quicker. That will come with time and experience."

Marve, the team's starting quarterback, has struggled in the last three games throwing for just 331 yards, four touchdowns, and seven interceptions.

"If anybody watched the Florida State game, they saw he got hit about every time he threw," Nix said. "For any quarterback, that is a little bit of a struggle when you're getting hit every single time you throw it. Last week (against UCF), two of his interceptions he trusted his receivers--made good reads and good throws--but one interception, a receiver got knocked off his route and the other receiver raised his shoulders a little bit, telegraphed it to the corner and he jumped it.

"To be honest with you, I am really proud of his trust to throw it in there and not have to wait and see a receiver to be open. A lot of quarterbacks don't ever trust that and that's what makes them not real good. Robert trusts that they will be there, but the biggest thing is that he can't lose that trust."

One of the hot topics out of Coral Gables following the UCF game was Marve's comments about seeing a defense they had not gameplanned against during practice. It was the second straight week Marve has made these comments.

"Talk to any NFL quarterback and they'll tell you that when you game plan to get ready for one thing and when they start doing something different, it's not always easy," Nix said. "I remember the days. Thank goodness I played in a day and a time when defenses were very basic and everybody just tried to line up and whip each other more than anything. Now you get a little bit of everything.

"In the last two weeks, (the quarterbacks) have seen coverages they have never seen before from our defense or anybody. Everybody says why don't you rep them in practice, but are we going to rep ghosts? I want to rep what we think we are going to get. That's what you got to do."

Wide Receivers

Miami has four freshmen wide receivers ranked in the top six amongst receivers in receptions.

"They are doing real good," Nix said. "When you see different coverages, different looks, and different things. You just have to go through a few growing pains with them. The talent is there, the effort is there, and they are going to get a lot better and understand the little things of how they have to run routes to make us a better team."

Nix called out freshman rising star Travis Benjamin after Benjamin ran a bad route causing Marve to throw an interception, which was returned for a touchdown.

"I love Travis to death and Travis is going to be an incredible receiver and he's doing really good, but on the interception (Joe Burnett) who he was running against, I bet he has seen two million curls in his day and as soon as Travis raised up and showed he was running a curl, that sucker jumped all over it," Nix said. "So he just has to learn to keep his shoulders down, push through your route, and use your speed to push him off."

There has been a lot of discussion about Miami's inability to make big plays in the passing game and running a lot of short routes instead of trying to throw the ball down the field to the receivers.

"We've had a lot of routes down the field," Nix said. "Just like the other day, one of the interceptions was 25-30 yards down the field, the other was 15 yards down the field. We had several that we had open down the field that we didn't hit. I don't think it's just short stuff, we are running routes down the field too. Once again, there are a lot of things that go involved to running routes and if you have time to throw it....we have tried to throw the ball down the field, but it hasn't always been thrown down the field for maybe a lack of a read or flushed out of the pocket. I wouldn't say it's because of the receivers."

Teaching Process

Nix, 36, is enjoying the teaching and coaching process with the younger players and says they are eager to learn.

"I'm enjoying working with them a ton," Nix said. "They are great guys, great to work with, and hard-workers so that's been a lot of fun. They are all working extremely hard. every one of them will come up to you after practice and say, 'Coach, if he had thrown an interception, that would have been my fault because I did this on the route'. They are all owning up to it and realize we are all in it together."
 10-18-2008, 10:15 AM         #4686
Sh0wty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Anyone know a place that will stream the duke game today?
 8 years ago '04        #4687
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
 Sh0wty said:
Anyone know a place that will stream the duke game today?
it's gonna be on ESPN U

if you don't got that, try i always seem to find a few games on there.
 8 years ago '05        #4688
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
if i knew how to stream live television i would hook yall up
 10-18-2008, 12:13 PM         #4689
Sh0wty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Comcast Down here in Miami does not carry ESPN U
 10-18-2008, 02:38 PM         #4690
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

:cool-smiley-009:
 8 years ago '04        #4691
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
jesus fu*king christ this team is frustrating to watch. Defense cant cover and Marve is worse than kyle wright
 8 years ago '05        #4692
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:
jesus fu*king christ this team is frustrating to watch. Defense cant cover and Marve is worse than kyle wright
this sh*t is reaallly frustrating...this is pretty pathetic cuz i remember even when miami was on probation...they atleast blew out the teams they were supposed to blow out
 8 years ago '04        #4693
space
space
the coaching staff needs to go

bring in lane kiffin
 8 years ago '06        #4694
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
disgusting man leave jacory in there

fu*king shyt man
 8 years ago '04        #4695
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
defense better tighten up, too many long drives in the first half

might as well keep jacory in there the rest of the game, marve is struggling
 8 years ago '06        #4696
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
my goodness i believe we are cursed at QB

RIP
 8 years ago '05        #4697
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
just when i had no problems with harris actually playing...and this sh*t happens
 8 years ago '04        #4698
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
That's it. Jacory is the new starter. That boy beasted 99% of the time he was in there, with the exception of that beginning of the second half interception. Other than that, he played exceptional.

I don't know what the fu*k happened to Marve man... he looks like a super star for the first 2 drives and then he just hits a wall... I wouldn't call him bust yet, but damn, it's just so frustrating.

Also Patrick Nix got to keep his job. Finally he opened up the playbook and Jacory executed the plays nicely. Receivers didn't drop that many passes today and Aldarious is a straight up beast. I wish we would've run the ball a bit more at the end of the game but Jacory was in a flow; either way i'm happy in that second half. The first half was
 8 years ago '05        #4699
CO Butta 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,394 | Props total: 1 1
(BEAT WAKE FOREST) clap clap clap clap clap (BEAT WAKE FOREST)
 8 years ago '04        #4700
space
space
we need Boston College to win tonight so we can control our road to the ACC championship
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX, Riddle me this .....
208 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX who the fu-k is this!!!!?
63 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Dak & Zeke Partying in Dallas Nightclub on Monday Night
66 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Busted On Social Media
88 comments
1 day ago