Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
28 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oh My Damn!!!!
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
'Member Lil B?
32 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Derrick Rose high as sh-t
19 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 2 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #4641
booie4 
space
space
$4,874 | Props total: 585 585
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Freshman Ramon Buchanan made his UM debut last week against Florida State.

Buchanan, a highly touted prospect out of Melbourne, Fla., participated on special teams--kickoff coverage and punt return--and recorded his first career tackle.

"It felt kinda good," said Buchanan with a smile. "When I made my first tackle, it was a pretty big hit, so it felt pretty good. It was pretty exciting. The atmosphere was outstanding."

Buchanan found out on Monday leading up to Saturday's game that he would be playing and his mom and brothers were able to make the trip down to see him play.

Buchanan is expected to continue to play on special teams after missing the first four games.

"He's doing well," coach Randy Shannon said. "He'll continue to play special teams for us and he's getting some reps, learning the defense. He is a guy we expect to do some big things for us at Miami."

Buchanan, a safety, is still working hard in practice with the base defense to be ready to play.

"I'm feeling pretty good," he said. "I'm still working hard in practice until one day hopefully they call my name. I'll be ready."

Buchanan primarily played linebacker in high school at Palm Bay, where he recorded over 100 tackles and three interceptions as a senior.

At UM, he is a 6-foot-1, 197-pound safety.

"It is way different since the first day," Buchanan said. "I'm accustomed now. It's a lot easier now and I'm a lot more comfortable. Before, I was one of the new ones so I had to work harder to get known. Everything was harder, but now everything is slowing down so it seems easier."

He has also adjusted to defensive backs coach Wesley McGriff, who is known for bringing a tough military approach to coaching his unit.

"I'm used to it now," Buchanan said. "At first, he was this military guy, but now he's pretty cool and laid back."
 8 years ago '04        #4642
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
fu*k obama and mccain, booie for president:applause:
 8 years ago '05        #4643
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
another gameday. miami is 1-2 in games ive seen this yr...man if we lose ill ban myself from any more games this yr
 10-11-2008, 02:36 PM         #4644
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

8 years ago '04        #4645
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
great start
 8 years ago '04        #4646
space
space
marve does not look comfortable at all
 10-11-2008, 03:13 PM         #4647
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Td tb
 8 years ago '06        #4648
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,579 | Props total: 11962 11962
The blur!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 10-11-2008, 03:15 PM         #4649
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hopefully that will fix Marve.. And Cooper is just so sick
 8 years ago '04        #4650
space
space
3rd down D......

EDIT: we just made a stop
 10-11-2008, 03:38 PM         #4651
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Put Marve bak in damn
 8 years ago '06        #4652
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
collier should of caught that pass last drive
 10-11-2008, 03:45 PM         #4653
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P. Dedos said:
collier should of caught that pass last drive
harris had benjamin open underneath heading on an out but threw to collier for some reason and collier dropped it
 8 years ago '06        #4654
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
LEE muthafu*kin CHAMBERS!!!!!!!!!!!
 10-11-2008, 03:52 PM         #4655
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Bosher needs shock therapy....he's the most inconsistent kicker, punting/kickoffs/fgs, i've seen in awhile
 8 years ago '04        #4656
space
space
we are lucky their QB's are worse than ours or we would have lost this game

its good to have a win tho
 8 years ago '06        #4657
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
damn that was ugly

props to our Defense... only 4 rushing yards allowed damn they miss kevin smith

8 years ago '04        #4658
booie4 
space
space
$4,874 | Props total: 585 585
MIAMI, Fla. -- The University of Miami escaped with a 20-14 win over UCF Saturday night in a hard fought game that came down to the final minutes.

Miami dominated the stat sheet, out-gaining UCF 216-78 and holding the Golden Knights without an offensive touchdown.

Read here to see what Coach Randy Shannon and various players are saying after the game.

Randy Shannon

On Miami's defense...
"I think defensively we came out and responded. They did a great job of coming out and controlling the game for us. We didn't get much going on offense and they did a tremendous job on third down."

On Miami's offense and third down conversion rate...
"Offensively we just couldn't get anything going. Their strength is their secondary and like I told them young guys all week long it is time to step up to the challenge. We are not going to feel sorry for you and we are not going to baby you. You have to go out there and make plays because you are a part of this football team and you have to do it."

On if he tells his players to run close to the punt returner on punt coverage...
"Yes, because he is a great returner and he has popped some this season. We wanted to make sure that we got close to him so he couldn't get some of those big runs going."

On the play of the quarterbacks...
"They had issues tonight and we just have to keep going with those young guys tonight. They are young and one is a true freshman and the other is a redshirt freshman. We are going to keep going with them and keep pounding away. Jacory played a lot more tonight because we feel like Robert got a little stagnate. It isn't like we lost confidence in him, but maybe Jacory can come in and give us that lift."

Robert Marve

On why he had a rough game...
"It was rough. I am trying to make plays and maybe it is dumb freshman things and sometimes I see it there and I just force it. It is like little things like at the end of games or at the end of halfs. I am going to keep slinging the ball and if anything I am going to focus on the bonehead mistakes. I have to keep being aggressive, I am still learning the offense. "

On UCF's defense...
"They didn't run what we thought they were going to run. They changed it up a little bit on us, but we adjusted to it and I though the running game was solid all game. They have a good defense and they have a bunch of seniors back there and they played good."

On UCF jumping routes on the interceptions...
"They were jumping everything. On the touchdown interception I threw to Travis, that ball I thought was a completion. Their guy jumped it and took off with it and he made a good play. That is just one of those things were they were jumping the routes and they chose right on that play."

Allen Bailey

On why it took a little while for him to get his first sack...
"Probably because I missed the whole camp, so it took a little while to get in a rhythm. I was six weeks in and it was basically full pads and full go. I just got in a rhythm and it was due time."

On the play of the defense against UCF...
"After giving up a lot of yards last week we knew we had to finish and we just wanted to finish the game. We got pressure when we needed and got off the field on third down and that was something we were pushing all week."

On what a win this week means for the team...
"It is a relief and it gets a heavy boost off our shoulders. We can get in a rhythm now and keep rolling.

Lee Chambers

On if he knew coming into the game that we would receive some carries...
"I just go into every game prepared because you never know when the other guys are going to go down or what may happen. I just prepare myself every week to play."

On what the win means for the team...
"I feel like it was a sloppy game, but a win is a win and I think the momentum will carry us through the remainder of the season and I think it is a good way to bounce back."

On the kickoff return for a touchdown at the end of the game...
"It kind of hurt me a little bit because we were kicking it to the left sideline, so I kind of took an angle inside and when I went through nobody came to block me, so it was like I had a straight shot on the returner and at the last minute somebody came to block me, but I still got around him and I should have made the tackle. I felt as I was going to the sideline that it was my fault. The best players at the University of Miami makes tackles like that."

Jacory Harris

On what his mindset was coming into the game in the second half...
"I just knew I couldn't make any mistakes. I knew that I had to play smart and I couldn't take chances when the game is close in that situation."

On UCF's defense...
"They weren't letting any of the receivers get by them. The cornerbacks were just squatting on routes. The deeper the route was, they would squat until the receivers got to 12 yards and then they would come up and play you man like that. It was something we had to adjust to as the game went on.

On the offense struggling on third down...
"We don't know why we are struggling on third down. It is something we need to work on. We do it everyday in practice and we are going to get better. It is going to take time, but we are going to get better.

Chavez Grant

On the play of the defensive line...
"They did a good job tonight. It makes a big difference for the defensive backs because i don't care how good of a DB you are, you can't cover a guy for 10 or 20 seconds. If the quarterback has all day to sit back and throw, it makes a tough day for us. We all complement each other."

On if he feels like UM survived the UCF game...
"Of course, with the score being what it was and tight game like that. I feel like we survived and the thing is the W on the record doesn't say barely a W. We go the win, so that is the bottom line."

On if this was a bounce back game for the defense...
"I feel like the whole defense bounced back. Coach said we gave up 70 something total yards, so I feel like we did a great job today from the secondary all the way down to the D-line. Once you put it all together, you see the type of results we are getting."
 8 years ago '05        #4659
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
damn thank god for the beer
and the ucf chicks at the stadium :sprachlos020:...damn those ucf chicks could get it...definately gonna go next year to ucf for the game

Last edited by Deeangoe; 10-12-2008 at 12:45 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #4660
1000bluntz 
space
space
$15,025 | Props total: 2224 2224
Heard it was an ugly a.ss game down in Miami. How many people were there to see it?
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Best Twerking Vines
31 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
162 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
360 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside J Cole 4 Your Eyez Only Documentary! Drake Stans Come See a TRUE Hip Ho..
36 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Soulja Boy caught Pump faking he in Singapore but really in a ratcher ..
57 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
156 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 2 - Man who gunned down ex-NFL player in road rage case released wi..
142 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy