Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Woman makes husband lose it after convincing him she's adopted wild co..
39 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Shout out to my young bosses wifing boss bi-ches
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Las Vegas math teacher - smash or pass
48 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BREAKING: OAKLAND PARTY FIRE- death toll to reach up to 40, 9 people f..
42 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #4621
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,564 | Props total: 11928 11928
 1000bluntz said:
Nice try homie, not even close though. Tebow shoulders a big burden, everybody should know that. We played like sh*t against Ole Miss and gave them the game, Tebow played like sh*t in that game. I'm pretty sure Tebow felt the need to apologize himself because the game was a joke and shouldn't have even been close, let alone a loss. That's what you call a leader who takes responsibility. It ain't the same as a coach blaming a loss on a loser kid who had a 5 yard penalty. You were still in the fu*king redzone and couldn't get it done.

And yeah we got Elam, he's a beast. Nice to see kids who commit early and want to be Gators, doesn't happen at UF as much as FSU and UM but times are changing.
your class is lookin weak as hell right now... you lookin to make big spashes later on the year huh
 8 years ago '04        #4622
1000bluntz 
space
space
$15,024 | Props total: 2216 2216
 P. Dedos said:
your class is lookin weak as hell right now... you lookin to make big spashes later on the year huh
Elam is our 3rd 2010 commit. We're only gonna sign about 20 kids for 09, it's a small class and is only about halfway done and a quarter of the sh*t gonna be OL. It's quality players though.
 8 years ago '05        #4623
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
 1000bluntz said:
That's true but regardless you don't call a kid out like that. He does suck, though. I still laugh at the thoughts of some of y'all thinkin' this little f*g**t was gonna be a better player than Percy Harvin.
Didnt Urban Meyer call out his seniors like last year.
 8 years ago '04        #4624
1000bluntz 
space
space
 dipset kid0221 said:
Didnt Urban Meyer call out his seniors like last year.
I never saw Urban place turning points of losses on any one single player.
 10-09-2008, 01:15 AM         #4625
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 1000bluntz said:
“Well, for those guys who just put in their time and didn’t make any real contributions, it’s time for you to go. It won’t be hard to say goodbye to some of those guys who just went through the motions. Now for those kids who actually bought into the program, and who made some sacrifices and contributions — you know, like Bubba Caldwell….he’s a graduate of UF and had a great career — you’ll really miss those guys. But just because you’re a senior doesn’t mean you have any value.”

why would you play for this guy?
 8 years ago '04        #4626
1000bluntz 
space
space
 JNyiri77 said:
“Well, for those guys who just put in their time and didn’t make any real contributions, it’s time for you to go. It won’t be hard to say goodbye to some of those guys who just went through the motions. Now for those kids who actually bought into the program, and who made some sacrifices and contributions — you know, like Bubba Caldwell….he’s a graduate of UF and had a great career — you’ll really miss those guys. But just because you’re a senior doesn’t mean you have any value.”

Gee I don't know, playing for a coach who helped lead a team that lacked a winning attitude and turn them into national champions might have something to do with it. He's no Randy Shannon but he's not bad. That last sentence is sarcasm by the way.
 8 years ago '06        #4627
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 1000bluntz said:
the fu*k you talking about... check wqam.com for his weekly show and he clearly states that was the players and coaches fault

JNyiri77 said:

OWNED

lol @ bluntz acting like urban liar is a such a classy coach

its been known he lies to recruits... like the time he told another Quarterback they were recruiting that Tebow was gonna play linebacker or lying to omar hunter about the coach that recruited him not going to the NFL... theres alot more examples... its like a candle to the sun in the class category they are on two diffrent levels... @ you
 8 years ago '06        #4628
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 1000bluntz said:
Gee I don't know, playing for a coach who helped lead a team that lacked a winning attitude and turn them into national champions might have something to do with it. He's no Randy Shannon but he's not bad. That last sentence is sarcasm by the way.
lol @ you acting like your sh*t dont stink

i bet you lose 4 games this season again...

that aint really impressive buddy

and you got a heisman at QB!!!!
 8 years ago '04        #4629
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
But just because you’re a senior doesn’t mean you have any value.”
the crazy thing is if shannon said this exact quote he'd be right on point

the seniors on the team suck and it shows when they get outplayed by a bunch of freshmen every saturday:hang:
 10-09-2008, 01:51 AM         #4630
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Whatever happened to Telemaque? Did he get injured or something?
 8 years ago '04        #4631
booie4 
space
space
$4,870 | Props total: 582 582
^Yeah he has either a shoulder or an arm injury
 8 years ago '05        #4632
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,651 | Props total: 3742 3742
 P. Dedos said:
lol @ you acting like your sh*t dont stink

i bet you lose 4 games this season again...

that aint really impressive buddy

and you got a heisman at QB!!!!
don't forget the same Heisman qb that's 13-5 as a starter
 8 years ago '06        #4633
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 Junior G said:
don't forget the same Heisman qb that's 13-5 as a starter
i mean for real... they did a great job to sweep a 4 game losing season under the rug like the shyt didnt happen

ima tell you right now another 4 loss season is on the way.... bump this post if im wrong
 8 years ago '06        #4634
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
ya we def suck right now but look at this list and look where most of our plays come from on this team

So let's take a look at the top 10 freshman rankings this season. This will include redshirt freshmen as well as true freshmen.

1. QB Robert Marve

Marve earns the nod at the top spot for showing flashes of greatness at the hardest position on the field. He has had his ups and downs during his freshman season as he has thrown for 538 yards and five touchdowns with five interceptions in four games and is 1-3 in those games. However, Marve showed a lot of composure against Florida although his stats were not overly impressive and had a very productive day against Texas A&M with 212 yards. Marve has shown he is the right man for the job as he also picks up key first downs with his running ability.

2. LB Sean Spence

Spence was inserted into the starting lineup last week and responded with 10 tackles and returned an interception for a touchdown. Through five games, he has 21 tackles, which ranks fourth on the team. Spence will start the rest of the way with Colin McCarthy done for the season and don't be surprised to see Spence's name at the top of this list later in the season.

3. WR Aldarius Johnson

Johnson has been a primary starter for the Canes this season and currently leads the team with 12 receptions. His 111 yards and one receiving touchdown also ranks amongst the top on the team. Johnson has not had any drops and should get more balls thrown his way in the upcoming weeks.

4. KR/WR Travis Benjamin

Benjamin shot up the list with an outstanding performance against Florida State last weekend as he had 274 all-purpose yards and two touchdowns. Benjamin is the fastest player on the team and has shown a unique ability to keep plays alive with his vision and speed.

5. CB Brandon Harris

Harris earned his first start last week against Florida State and struggled mightily with being flagged for three penalties. However, Harris has had a good freshman season as a whole and should be thrown back in the first this week. He's a competitor and has the ability to put a bad game behind him.

6. DT Marcus Forston

Forston was one of Miami's top recruits in the 2008 class and has been steady. He has seven tackles, one for a loss, in four games. Forston is continuing to adapt to the style of play at the college level and is playing a position that is tough dominate early.

7. PR/WR Thearon Collier

Collier is second on the team with 113 receiving yards despite missing last week with an injury. He has done a very good job as a slot receiver, which is exactly what kind of player he is. He has excellent hands and the ability to go after a ball as well as make defenders miss with his quickness.

8. QB Jacory Harris

Harris has played in every game this season like Randy Shannon promised before the season. He earned the start in the opener against Charleston Southern with Marve suspended and threw for 190 yards and a touchdown. Since then, he has completed 13-of-24 passes for 108 yards and an interception in a back-up role.

9. DE Adewale Ojomo

Ojomo has been steady at defensive end this season and has earned a lot of playing time. Only sophomore Steven Wesley has more tackles (10) than Ojomo's nine amongst defensive ends.

10. WR LaRon Byrd

Byrd's stats aren't that impressive with six receptions for 26 yards, but he is in the rotation and like Johnson, has caught the ball when asked to do so. It would be good to see Byrd stretch the field a little bit more as opposed to be thrown to on screen plays.

hmmmmmm see you soon muthafu*kas
 8 years ago '06        #4635
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space

bryce brown flashes the U after a 80 yard run

look at the ruben randle film... un real :wow:
 10-10-2008, 05:18 PM         #4636
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Anyone got a stream or espn360 hook up for the game? i dont have espnu cause comcast blows
 8 years ago '05        #4637
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,894 | Props total: 289 289
 JNyiri77 said:
Anyone got a stream or espn360 hook up for the game? i dont have espnu cause comcast blows
i would hook you up with my espn360 account but i dunno why it only works when im at home...like if im on my internet connection then i can watch it but when i log in at work...even tho i have a username it wont let me watch it ....
 8 years ago '04        #4638
booie4 
space
space
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Robert Marve is hoping to get some wins under his belt.

Marve, a first-year starter as a redshirt freshman, is 1-3 as the starting quarterback including two tough losses to ACC opponents--North Carolina and Florida State.

He'll get another shot this weekend against Central Florida.

"My biggest goal is winning the game and I haven't been able to do that as much I have wanted to here so far, but it is a young time in my career and I'll keep working, watching more film, and I'll be ready for anything Central Florida can throw at me."

Marve has thrown for 538 yards and five touchdowns with five interceptions in his four games. His passing efficiency of 105.32 ranks 10th in the ACC.

Coach Shannon says he has seen improvement from Marve on a week-to-week basis.

"He is just getting better with everything he is doing on offense, learning the offense, executing the offense, and doing those kinds of different things," coach Randy Shannon said.

The re-building of a program is something Marve went through in high school at Plant, who ended up winning the Class 4A title when he was a senior after a rough start.

"It was exactly like this," Marve said. "It's really hard to explain that (to my teammates). How do you explain so someone it's okay to lose. It's not. I do talk to my high school coach all of the time that this team reminds me of my younger high school times and how you have to really build a base around you. This game is so great because you see how teams are that have been playing together for three or four years."

Last week, Miami lost a close battle against Florida State, 41-39 as the Canes trailed 24-0 in the second quarter.

Marve said he was surprised by the speed of the Florida State defense, which was similar to Florida's, and was not prepared for what the Seminoles did on defense.

"They threw a lot of different coverages at us that we even thought," Marve said. "What we thought going in and what they showed us were two very different things, but we kind of got a hold of it in the second half. They did a great job on defense on changing up what they did. They threw a lot at us."

This week against UCF, Marve's offensive line will have a different look for a while as RT Reggie Youngblood could be out for the season with a leg injury. Chris Rutledge will start in his place for the second straight week.

"(Rutledge) is doing great, I really trust Rut," Marve said. "Me and Rut have had a relationship outside of football by having class together. We have talked a lot about protections and different things. He really seems he has it all down."

UCF is tied for third nationally with 10 interceptions led by a trio of senior defensive backs who each have two.

"I just think they are solid players and work really well together," Marve said.

UCF comes into the game with a 2-3 record after defeating SMU 31-17 last week.

"They are going to have guys that are ready to play," Marve said. "It is an in-state game and any time you have that, you have guys that played against each other in high school. It's going to be a big game. They are going to come down here pumped up."

Following the UCF game, Miami goes back into conference play as they face Duke, Wake Forest, and Virginia in their next three games.

"Play for pride. That's how is see it," Marve said. "Everyone is saying what if this and what if that. We have some games ahead of us still left. The biggest thing for me is the reason why we all play this game is for pride. Even when we were little, I would ask myself what got me started off playing football is because of pride. For the love of the game and just keep playing. We are only five games in."
 8 years ago '04        #4639
booie4 
space
space
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- The most glaring statistic in Miami's three losses this season is the third-down conversion defense.

Against Florida, North Carolina, and Florida State, Miami has allowed opponents to convert 54 percent of their third down opportunities.

From 2001-2006, Miami never allowed opponents to convert more than 33 percent of third downs in a season.

Miami's secondary has also allowed an average of 226 passing yards per game and five touchdowns in the three losses.

After allowing Florida State to convert 11-of-17 third downs against FSU, third down defense has been a big point of emphasis this week at practice.

"If we don't correct that, then it is going to be a long season for us," Head Coach Randy Shannon said. "This week we are [working] on third down defense."

Miami senior cornerback Bruce Johnson says Miami's defensive backs have worked on covering receivers as long as the play takes to end. Cornerbacks are usually expected to cover receivers for four seconds, but Johnson says it is when plays break down when receivers are getting open.

"What it all boils down to is we still have to cover," Johnson said. "No mater how long it takes. We shouldn't have our eyes in the backfield until we hear that whistle blow. It all comes down to fundamentals and discipline. We have to keep playing and stay with our guys until the play is over with."

Senior safety Anthony Redd*ck believes the cure to improving the third down defense is just a change in mentality.

"That is the thing that is k!lling us," Redd*ck said. "On first and second down we are stopping them and as you can see most time it is third and long. We have to find a way as a team for everybody to suck it up and get off the field. Third and long is k!lling us as a team."

Redd*ck does recognize that a times the problem is not the effort of the players, it is the communication and at times a lack of understanding of the new defensive scheme.

"It is a lack of communication," Redd*ck said. "When you look on the film, everybody is playing hard, so guys are missing a.ssignments and not being where they are supposed to be."

Each week Miami has found areas that they need to improve defensively and this week the emphasis is on third down. Going into the Texas A&M game, Miami had yet to force a turnover, but since then the defense has come up with six turnovers in three games.

Hopefully, Miami can have similar results and improvements in the coming weeks in third down defense.

"We know what we have to do," Johnson said. "We have to just play a complete game. We can't just play one phase good and another phase bad. We just have to put it all together."
 8 years ago '04        #4640
booie4 
space
space
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Marcus Forston said it best when it comes to this week's game against Central Florida on Saturday.

"This is a big week. We know we have to win. That's all you want, you got that U on your helmet. That's what we are shooting for every weekend, week in and week out," Forston said.

Unfortunately, the 'Canes are riding a two-game losing streak entering the game against Central Florida with a defense that's reeling after being drilled by FSU which ran wild on it, especially on the ground.

How does that change?

"Basically the fundamentals, mental errors, breakdowns on defense. We were six points away from winning those games. The thing that hurts is those mental errors," Forston said.

Communication has been a problem and that's what has plagued the defense that past couple of games after starting off the season with strong defensive performances.

"Yeah, that's the thing that coach stress, communication is the key. Communicating, no busts, no mental errors. Whatever you got to do to get that corrected, that's a big key," Forston said.

Forston is one of a handful of freshmen getting a lot of playing time on defense so far this season, including Sean Spence and Brandon Harris, but he doesn't believe that he's coming in and made such an impact. He even called himself only average so far.

However, he does believe he came in to a good situation where he could get on the field early and play a lot.

"I wouldn't say it's an impact (we've made), it's coming in at the right time in the right situations. We're doing all we can do for our team," Forston said. "There is always room for improvement. I got to get to be good then go to being great. Right now I am average. I've got a lot of work to do."

One of the biggest adjustments for Forston to get to the point of going from average, to good to great is learning the playbook, something that took some time when the only play he ran in high school in any given week was generally written on the blackboard in the locker room and left there the entire week.

"It was definitely new to me when I got here the Spring. Coming in now, doing all types of things, that was an adjustment. Playbook (in high school)? I don't think I had a playbook. We did our defense on the board and it stayed on the board all week," Forston said. "(At UM) I have a hard folder. I was thinking there is no way I can learn that in less than two weeks, but I got it done. All these calls, boundary calls, strength calls to the boundary, I had never heard of before. When I first got here it was hard, but now everything is at the top of my head."
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Only A Matter Of A Time
104 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Chick With The A$$ From J. Cole's False Prophets Video...
70 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside "Here Lies Drake... Bodied By A Acting N!gga AGAIN": Shia LaBouef Confi..
135 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chris Pratt Keeps Cropping Jennifer Lawrence Out of Photos & It Never ..
46 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jim Jones Responds To Cam'ron: You A F*ck Boy With No Honor
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Police: Man kills parents, dismembers and dissolves bodies after than..
64 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside China Warns iPhones Have A Serious Problem
16 comments
21 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
audio inside J. Cole - False Prophets
196 comments
2 days ago