most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Keep it 100: Would you jump in this 3some
33 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Guy Tricked By Tr@nny - Cringe Video
141 comments
@misc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 12-18-2006, 09:47 PM         #441
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
December 18, 2006

CaneSport.com Staff

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

* Coach Larry Coker said after this afternoon's practice that RB Andrew Johnson has requested a release from his scholarship.

Coker said that release has been granted and that he has no information as to what school Johnson will transfer to.

"He has asked for a release and I have granted it," Coker said.

Coker said his understanding is no other players are transferring as of now.

* QB Kyle Wright said that if he was not sidelined with a broken bone in his hand that he would "definitely" be the starter over Kirby Freeman in the bowl game.

"To me, the only reason I'm not playing is I broke my thumb," Wright said.

Wright said he will be back throwing by February and expects to be 100 percent for spring practice.

"I think everybody's going to be in a competition with new ownership taking over the team," Wright said. "I think you'll see that at every position. Anyone going into spring thinking their job is 100 percent secure has some other things coming.

"Everyone has to come out and prove they should be the guy. That's what I'm expecting. I'm not trying to get wrapped up in whatever the media is going to try to make it or whatever Kirby is going to try to make it. Until I hear coach [Randy] Shannon say there's a complete controversy, we'll go from there. I'm going to show up from Day 1 and go out and have fun, work hard and prove that I'm the best guy again.

"I didn't just show up here and win the job twice. I had to come and work and prove every single day that you're the best guy. If that's what I have to do again, so be it."

* DL coach John Palermo says he is unsure of his coaching status for next year.

He said Randy Shannon has not asked him back yet, but that he is hopeful he will still be coaching at Miami next year.

Palermo has extensive experience coaching linemen and linebackers in the past.

"I really don't know (if I'll be asked back)," Palermo said. "I'm old enough right now that we'll see. If it works out, great. If not I'll retire. Sure I'd like to stay."

Palermo said he has not recruited under Shannon because he suffered a detached retina and has been unable to fly.

* Mario Cristobal released a statement after practice today regarding the FIU situation: "There's nothing new to report," he said.

* Freeman said he's very comfortable with Todd Berry as the offensive coordinator for this game.

"It's just him and I, so we can branch out and do some things we weren't doing before," Freeman said. "We're really prepared to go take care of business (against Nevada)."

Freeman said he's glad he decided not to transfer.

"I feel good," he said. "There's been a lot of changes with the coaching staff last year, the coaching staff this year. You can think about leaving, but one thing I've taken a lot of pride in is I haven't left.

"I've stayed the course and really worked hard to try and make things work here. I'm finally starting to let things pay off. I've started three games, I'm starting my fourth in the bowl game."

* The team held its award banquet tonight. The winners:

Offensive Back of the Year: Javarris James

Offensive Lineman of the Year: Anthony Wollschlager

Receiver of the Year: Greg Olsen

Defensive Back of the Year: Kenny Phillips

Defensive Lineman of the Year: Kareem Brown

Linebacker of the Year: Glenn Cook

Special Teams Player of the Year: Willie Cooper

Strength Training Athlete of the Year: Darryl Sharpton

Jessie Armstead Comeback Player of the Year: Glenn Sharpe

Most Improved Offensive Player: Chris Rutledge

Most Improved Defensive Player: Baraka Atkins

Offensive Rookie of the Year: Jason Fox

Defensive Rookie of the Year: Chavez Grant

Hard Hitter Award: Jon Beason

Nick Chickillo Most Improved Player: Brian Monroe

Albert Bentley Most Valuable Walk-On Award: Matt Perrelli

Walt Kichefski Hurricane Award (commitment, consistency): Derrick Morse

Unselfish/Unsung Hero: Brandon Meriweather
Mariutto Scholar Athlete (Academic Excellence): Anthony Wollschlager

Plumer Memorial Award (Leadership, Motivation, Spirit): Calais Campbell

Dale Melching Award (Leadership): Willie Cooper

Jack Harding Award (Team MVP): Calais Campbell

In addition, the Hurricanes honored the 11 seniors on this year's team: DE Baraka Atkins, DT Kareem Brown, FB Mark Lisante, S Brandon Meriweather, P Brian Monroe, WR Ryan Moore, RB Tyrone Moss, PK Jon Peattie, OL Alex Pou, C Anthony Wollschlager and PK Francesco Zampogna, in addition to the late Bryan Pata.
 12-18-2006, 09:56 PM         #442
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

December 18, 2006

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Former Hurricane signee Orlando Franklin still plans to be in Coral Gables.

It's just going to take a little while.

Franklin, who attended summer school at UM before being informed by the NCAA that he had to retake a pair of high school English classes, says, "I'll be done with classes about mid-January. I have to wait till May for the first summer session."

He says he remains a UM commitment and will take official visits to Miami and FAU.

"At first I was really considering taking my five visits, but once coach [Randy] Shannon took the job it was `That's where I'm at,'" Franklin said. "I love [the hiring of Shannon]. That's what I wanted. I was going to open it up. Georgia wants me real bad. I was going to visit there and then possibly Michigan."

Not anymore.

He says he will take an official visit to Miami over Super Bowl weekend.

Currently Franklin is attended six hours of English classes a day at an alternative school in Delray.

He received two B's in English 1 his first semester there.

Ironically, he received a B in College English at UM over the summer.

It certainly doesn't seem like he should have been forced to re-take high school English classes by the NCAA.

But Franklin is resigned to his fate.

"This alternative schools is the only place I can take the classes I need -- I can't take it at my high school because I graduated there," he said. "And I couldn't take high school classes in college. I go to a room with a computer and do my own thing."

Franklin says he's in regular contact with coach Mario Cristobal.

"We're just cool -- that's my guy," Franklin said. "We don't talk about recruiting. He asks how my mom is, tells me to get my work done and get down to Miami."

It's been a long, lonely road for Franklin since the NCAA told him he had to re-take the classes.

"Throughout the season it was real hard," he said. "That's why I only went to the Florida State game and Virginia Tech game. It was real hard for me to deal with the situation. I feel that team's my family. I'd been with them in the summer. They went through everything I went through. For them to go on without me, it's like I got left behind. It only got me more determined."

And how.

Franklin wakes up at 5:30 in the morning each day to work out at an area gym. At 7:30 he meets with his old basketball coach and runs.

He weighed in at 326 pounds before two-a-days. He's at 330 pounds right now.

He hopes it pays off when he finally gets to UM.

"I'm just going to go there and do what I can," he said. "I'm going to give it all I can and then hopefully go from there."
 10 years ago '04        #443
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
Looks to me like the U is probably gonna have the or one of the best recruiting classes in 2007. By the way, when is the Army All American game? does anyone know?
 12-18-2006, 10:11 PM         #444
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cap Peeler said:
Looks to me like the U is probably gonna have the or one of the best recruiting classes in 2007. By the way, when is the Army All American game? does anyone know?

January 6
 10 years ago '04        #445
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
Cristobal to be named FIU's next coach

University of Miami offensive line coach Mario Cristobal is expected to sign a contract today and take over the Golden Panthers program.

BY PETE PELEGRIN

HISTORIC HIRING: Mario Cristobal will become the first Cuban-American head coach in Division I-A history when he joins FIU.University of Miami offensive line coach Mario Cristobal is expected to become Florida International's head coach this morning.

Cristobal, 36, is expected to sign a contract, and FIU has scheduled a news conference this afternoon announcing the move, according to a source.

Cristobal, who would become the first Cuban-American head football coach in Division I-A history, would be the Golden Panthers' second head coach in their five-year history. Cristobal would take over for Don Strock, who resigned Nov. 15 after beginning the football program in 2001.

''If he gets hired, I can tell you the whole team is just happy,'' said junior offensive lineman Mike Alvarez, who was recruited by Cristobal for Rutgers in 2002 out of Hialeah-Miami Lakes High. ``We want to win, and he's all about winning. I got the chance to talk to him at a camp my sophomore year in high school, and he definitely knows what he's talking about. If he's our coach, he's going to get our ship sailing in the right direction.''

Asked about his status on the FIU head-coaching position at Hurricanes practice Monday, Cristobal said there was nothing new to comment on.

Cristobal is known for his recruiting prowess, having helped Rutgers coach Greg Schiano lure top South Florida talent to New Jersey during Cristobal's three years as a Scarlet Knights a.ssistant coach.

At FIU, Cristobal inherits a team that was 0-12 in 2006. The Duke Blue Devils and the Golden Panthers were the only two teams to go winless this season.

Despite the winless season, FIU showed promise.

FIU lost five of its first six games by a total of 14 points. The defense was second in the nation in tackles for loss, fourth overall in pass defense and 28th in total defense.

FIU players have been hearing Cristobal's name as the next potential head coach for some time.

Promoted as UM's offensive line coach this season, Cristobal began his coaching career as a UM graduate a.ssistant in 1998 and coached at UM until 2000. Cristobal became Rutgers' offensive line and tight ends coach from 2001-03 before returning to UM in 2004 as tight ends coach.

Cristobal played for UM from 1988 to 1992. As a senior, he earned All-Big East honors as an offensive tackle in 1992.
 10 years ago '04        #446
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,796 | Props total: 1400 1400
When Friends Turn to Foes, Lets Go and Drop 100 on them Ho's
 10 years ago '04        #447
Javon23 252 heat pts252
space
space
$45,087 | Props total: 6175 6175
yea baby
we coming Nevada!
 12-19-2006, 10:41 AM         #448
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:rolleyes:
 10 years ago '04        #449
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
that n*gga Javon...^^ lol.
 10 years ago '05        #450
Clutch City Kid 81 heat pts81
space
space
$16,787 | Props total: 9274 9274
I live out here in the northwest...im going to the Miami game in Boise, any of yall makin the trip...GO CANES!!!!!!!!
 12-20-2006, 12:02 AM         #451
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
December 19, 2006

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

When Cane commitment Damien Berry heard this morning that Mario Cristobal was taking the FIU job, he says, "I was shocked."

When his Belle Glade teammate, stud receiver Deonte Thompson, found out, he says, "I was surprised."

Both had spoken with Cristobal in recent days and weeks, and neither thought he would leave UM.

"He was saying he doesn't want to leave," Berry said.

Deonte Thompson is sticking with plans to visit UM the weekend before signing day.
Now that Cristobal is gone, how does that affect Berry, who estimates that 80 percent of his contact with UM has been with Cristobal?

"You just have to understand that it's a business," Berry said. "He was doing real well as a coach.

"It doesn't affect the commitment. It's just knowing that I'm going to be out there and he won't be there. He'll just be a couple of minutes away."

For his part, Thompson says, "It affects me a little bit. But it's still all good. Coach [Randy] Shannon is still recruiting me, so I'll visit. I'm still taking a visit there."

Shannon took an in-home visit with Thompson last Thursday.

"It went real well," Thompson said. "He stayed for about an hour. He was talking about the program and things like that.

"I was very impressed with him. He's just a down-to-earth dude, a guy that you can bond with."

A day after Shannon's visit, Thompson took a weekend official visit to USC.

"It was real nice," Thompson said. "That was my third visit. I'll visit Miami. I don't know if I'll take another [besides Miami the weekend before signing day]. I haven't narrowed it down yet, but I will before the new year. I'll narrow it to three."

Asked the chances UM is in the final three, Thompson said, "A great possibility."

Berry and fellow UM commitment Taurus McKinley, also from Belle Glade, will no doubt be in Thompson's ear as decision time comes closer.

And Berry spoke about what makes Cristobal such a highly regarded recruiter.

"He's a straight up guy," Berry said. "He doesn't BS you. He tells you how it is. If you don't have a chance, he'll tell you that you don't have a chance.

"We'd talk about anything, man."

Berry plans to take several visits in January culminating with a trip to UM the weekend before signing day.

CaneSport Magazine publishes 25 times a year, 10 glossy monthly printed issues and 15 online or Gameday Issues for a subscription price of $54.95. An online only subscription or a printed magazine only subscription is $39.95. Call 1-800-635-2263 or visit CaneSportmagazine.com
 10 years ago '04        #452
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
its a crazy time in recruiting for us...especially with it being the dead period.
 10 years ago '04        #453
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
 Clutch City Kid said:
I live out here in the northwest...im going to the Miami game in Boise, any of yall makin the trip...GO CANES!!!!!!!!
id go but..

1.) Nobody has told me how the women in Boise are...i need some cut up if im coming all the way from my fairweathered South Carolina to Cold Boise.

2.) What is Boise Like?

3.) i dont wanna fly out there by myself...i need to find somebody who would want to go to Boise.
 10 years ago '04        #454
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
UM football commitments

A look at the football players who have made oral commitments to the University of Miami:

Daniel Adderley, WR, Simpsonville (S.C.). Southside Christina (6-6, 215, 4.5 seconds in 40-yard dash)

Adderley is the biggest unknown among the recruits. Dexter Davis, his high school coach, compares him to Southern Cal's Dwayne Jarrett. He could be the biggest steal of the recruiting season.

Damien Berry, DB, Belle Glade Glades Central (5-11, 197, 4.46)

Berry is the 13th-ranked safety in the nation by Rivals.com. His father, Kenny, is a former Hurricane.

Nick Fanuzzi, QB, San Antonio Churchill High (6-3, 200, 4.6)

Scout.com rates him the 23rd-best quarterback in the nation. An athletic quarterback who can throw on the run. He could go to another school if UM lands another top-tier quarterback, possibly Tampa Plant's Robert Marve.

Kayne Farquharson, WR, El Camino (Calif.) Junior College (6-2, 185, 4.4)

Rated the sixth-best junior college receiver available by Rivals.com. Led El Camino to a JUCO state title in California. He could contend for starting time.

Harland Gunn, OL, Omaha (Neb.) Central (6-2, 300, 5.2)

Rated the ninth-best center in the nation by Rivals.com. Could become an immediate contributor.

Leonard Hankerson, WR, St. Thomas Aquinas (6-2, 185, 4.4)

Rated the 44th-best receiver in the nation by Rivals.com, but is the best receiver in Broward County.

Jermaine McKenzie, WR, Bradenton Prep (6-1, 170, 4.41)

Is rated the 13th-best receiver in the nation by Rivals.com.

Taurus McKinley, WR, Belle Glade Glades Central (5-9, 165, 4.6)

Rated the 57th-best receiver in the nation by Rivals.com. He is the younger brother of Hurricanes cornerback Randy Phillips.

Adewale Ojomo, DE, Hialeah High (6-3, 225, 4.6)

Rated the 28th best weak-side defensive end in the nation by Rivals.com. He is a cousin of NFL LB Akin Ayodele.

Chris Perry, DT, Keller (Texas) Fossil Ridge (6-3, 320, 5.1)

Rated the 25th-best defensive tackle in the nation by Rivals.com. Considered a soft commitment because he recently made a trip to Nebraska. Is scheduled to visit UM in January.

Other targets: Robert Marve, QB, Tampa Plant; Deonte Thompson, WR, Belle Glade Glades Central; Graig Cooper, RB, Milford Prep (N.Y.), a former commitment; Antwain Easterling, RB, Miami Northwestern; Doug Wiggins, ATH, North Miami Beach; A'Jami Guyton, ATH, Homestead; Joseph Nicholas, S, Homestead; Major Wright, S, St. Thomas Aquinas; Alphonso Bryant, WR, Homestead; Kevin Bryant, OL, Hallandale; Brandon Hicks, LB, Jacksonville Forrest.
 10 years ago '04        #455
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
dade county all-stars

12-20-2006, 06:17 PM         #456
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
December 20, 2006

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Kayne Farquharson bio

Just moments ago, El Camino (Calif.) Junior College receiver Kayne Farquharson made it official.

He signed University of Miami scholarship papers with his mother, Carrie Pearson, and friends present at South Miami's Big Cheese pizza parlor.

The official signing happened at 3:00 p.m. There was no suspense -- the UM scholarship papers were the only ones he brought with him.

"I'm finally a Cane," he said. "It's official like a referee's whistle."

Farquharson signed in a back room littered with pictures of past Cane greats.

"That's why I chose The Big Cheese -- there's a lot of history here," said Farquharson, who planned to fax the documents into UM after the signing ceremony. "Every time I come here I see pictures of EJ, Michael Irvin, Santana, Jimmy Johnson, Jeremy Shockey, you name it."

It's the perfect fit - Kayne's first name is pronounced `Cane.'

A four-star prospect, Farquharson initially planned to report to UM in January and participate in spring practice.

But he recently learned he will have to take two classes at a local community college to qualify for admissions at Miami.

"I'll take care of that," Farquharson said. "Everything will be done before the season. Everything will still be cool.

"I'll use the facilities but won't be able to practice (this spring)."

Once he gets on the field, watch out.

"I have the most respect for the rest of the wide receiver corps, but I'm coming in to dominate," he said. "I'm not coming in to be a possession receiver.

"They haven't promised anything, but I'm just coming in to work hard."

It was a long road to UM for the Miami native.

He attended Homestead High School but never played a down of high school football.

"Back in high school I had to babysit my baby sister," he said. "My mom was a single parent with two jobs. I had to provide for my family at the time."

His break came after he graduated, when he was "discovered" at a church football camp by a friend who had ties to El Camino Junior College.

Farquharson applied and was accepted, then came out for the football team. He became a starter after catching five passes for 120 yards and a touchdown in his team's first pre-season scrimmage that year.

"It all came naturally," he said. "I didn't have a hard time picking up the offense or anything like that."

He earned All-Conference honors as a freshman after catching 23 passes for over 500 yards with six touchdowns. He also returned a punt 60 yards for a score and scored on a reverse.

He caught the eye of then UM receiver coach Curtis Johnson.

"He said I could definitely be a Hurricane as long as I hold my end of the bargain and get my grades," Farquharson said.

The new staff kept up with Farquharson, and he committed on the spot once he got an offer from Larry Coker.

Farquharson finished this year with 51 receptions for 904 yards and nine touchdowns.

He was the MVP of his team's state championship victory this year. In the second quarter of that game he had touchdowns on a reverse, kick return and reception.
 10 years ago '04        #457
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
welcome to the family, "Cane"
 12-20-2006, 07:59 PM         #458
P DEDOS 954 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 10 years ago '04        #459
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
Q&A with Canes receiver recruit Kayne Farquharson

AL DIAZ / MIAMI HERALD STAFF
NEW SIGNEE: Kayne Farquharson with his mother Carrie Pearson after signing a letter of intent to attend and play for the University of Miami during a party at The Big Cheese Restaurant on Wednesday.

Kayne Farquharson, who grew up in Homestead and played junior college football at El Camino Junior College, signed with the University of Miami Wednesday.

Q: What's your favorite all-time Hurricanes game?

A: The one with Edgerrin James where he rushed for 299 yards against UCLA. And that pretty much launched him into the NFL Draft. He's the No. 1 running back taken in that draft.

Q: Who do you think your remind yourself of on video?

I'm an all-purpose man, kick returner, punt returner. A lot of people say Reggie Wayne. But a lot of people also compare me to Michael Irvin.

Q: UM was short on receivers last year. What do you want to bring to the University of Miami?

Take it one game at a time. Beat Florida State. Win an ACC title and a national championship. And I'm trying to run for the [Fred] Belitenikoff award [nation's best receiver], so I'm starting my campaign early.

Q: What do opponents have to look forward to?

They have no tape on me, so they're going say 'Who is this loudmouth junior college dude?' At the end of the day, I think I'm going to be well respected. I'm a hardworker and a competitor and they just got to bring their A-game.

Q: Who do you think can cover you?

Umm. God. That's it. He's the creator of all. Outside of God everybody bleeds how I bleed. So, they don't stand a chance. I feel like I'm in the Matrix and they're in the real world.

Q: What was the conversation like with Coach Marquis Mosely today?

He was telling me he was working on getting one more receiver. He said if I want I could help him recruit. I told him no problem. Just a regular conversation, nothing important.

Q: Is there a certain side of the field you play -- flanker, split end, slot?

The Z position, split end, outside, whatever you want to call it. I run everything -- speed out, deep out, comeback, a bomb, whatever consists of me catching the ball, getting in the end zone and helping my team. That's what I'm ready to do.

Q: Have any of the coaches talked to you about returning kicks or punts?

With Randy Shannon, the best man is going to play. As you can see the last couple of years, the DBs play musical chairs. It's just one of those things whoever is performing, that's who is going to play. I'm just going to go out there and try my best, whatever happens, happens.

Q: How was your family today when they saw you sign the scholarship papers?

I glanced at [my mom]. She was happy. She had a little grinch smile on her face. It was a happy day, but calm, cool and collective. Once we saw the newspaper this morning, it was the first time I've ever been in The Herald. And I'm glad it wasn't for no crime. I'm kind of happy over that, got to see my sisters, made me proud. I got a little teary-eyed, but it's all good.

Q: Have you had any contact with any former UM receivers?

When I came out here last summer it was funny, Reggie Wayne had just signed that big contract. And I saw him and Ed Reed out there running the 100. I said to myself, this dude signed for all that money and he's out there running the 100. So, I said 'What's up with you all?' They said, 'Where your cleats at?' I said 'In the car. I stay ready that's why I don't need to get ready.' Next thing I know I'm running 100-meter dash with the $60 million man. You know, a lot of people compare to him. I was feeling it that day.

Q: Would you want to seek guidance from other former Canes?

I'm trying to lock in with all those former dudes. Santana [Moss], Sinorice [Moss], Andre [Johnson], Reggie [Wayne], try to lock in with all them dudes, [Jeremy] Shockey, [Kellen] Winslow. Everybody.

Q: What are you going to do in the months leading up to spring ball?

I'm locked in man. My phone is going to be off. If you text me, I'm not going to text you back. It's for real. This ain't for play. After Christmas, it's a done deal. Next time you might see me is spring practice.

Q: What about the competition with some of the other receiver recruits?

Competition-wise, I hope they bring their A-game. I'm bringing mine. I'm going to be a vocal person. If you don't like talking, you're not going to stand me.

Q: You are kind of a UM throwback in the way you like to talk a lot. What gives?

[My teammates] they're kind of quiet. I guess they're not from Miami. I guess a lot of them aren't except Darnell Jenkins. I don't know, that's just my style. I get at it. It's fun and games. They're my brothers, they're going to be family love, but it's going to be tough love -- especially with those corners. They better be ready. I stay ready. They better be ready.

he's got that miami swagger...
 10 years ago '04        #460
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
South Florida Sun-Sentinel
Posted December 20 2006

SENIORS ACCEPT invitations

A handful of seniors have either accepted invitations to showcase games or are mulling offers.

Safety Brandon Meriweather and defensive tackle Kareem Brown have been invited to the Senior Bowl, the premier showcase game for draft-eligible players, Jan. 27 in Mobile, Ala.

Defensive end Baraka Atkins plans to participate in the East-West Shrine game, but he's also on the waiting list for an invitation to the Senior Bowl.

Former Ely standout Tyrone Moss was also invited to the East-West Shrine, Jan. 20 in Houston. "This is a good chance for me to show everyone I'm healthy again and can do what I used to do," said Moss, who gained 285 rushing yards and scored three touchdowns coming off an ACL tear.

Punter Brian Monroe has been invited to the Las Vegas All-American Classic on Jan. 15. Wollschlager said he'll play in the North-South All-Star Classic on Jan. 13 in Houston. Receiver Ryan Moore said he's been invited to the East-West Shrine, the Las Vegas and the Texas vs. The Nation game, but hasn't decided which he'll attend.

Coaches adjusting their roles

CORAL GABLES · Trying to identify who was leading the Hurricanes' offensive line the day Mario Cristobal was named Florida International's new head coach was like a shell game.

Every time a player or coach was asked who was directing the unit during Tuesday's practice, a different answer was given.

Outgoing head coach Larry Coker said he is sharing the responsibility with graduate a.ssistant Mike Cassano and quarterbacks coach Todd Berry, already serving double duty as offensive coordinator because of Rich Olson's departure to join Arizona State's staff.

Ask the line's leader, center Anthony Wollschlager, and he says the unit is being led by tight ends coach and special teams coordinator Joe Pannunzio.

Clearly, the Hurricanes have some issues to resolve as they finish preparing for the Dec. 31 MPC Computers Bowl, especially if Cristobal doesn't return to coach the unit.

"They'll be fine," Coker said of the offensive line. "I don't think we can screw them up in 10 days."

Cristobal's priority is a.ssembling his FIU staff and laying the groundwork for the 2007 recruiting class, but he wouldn't rule out coaching UM in the bowl game.

SENIORS ACCEPT invitations

A handful of seniors have either accepted invitations to showcase games or are mulling offers.

Safety Brandon Meriweather and defensive tackle Kareem Brown have been invited to the Senior Bowl, the premier showcase game for draft-eligible players, Jan. 27 in Mobile, Ala.

Defensive end Baraka Atkins plans to participate in the East-West Shrine game, but he's also on the waiting list for an invitation to the Senior Bowl.

Former Ely standout Tyrone Moss was also invited to the East-West Shrine, Jan. 20 in Houston. "This is a good chance for me to show everyone I'm healthy again and can do what I used to do," said Moss, who gained 285 rushing yards and scored three touchdowns coming off an ACL tear.

Punter Brian Monroe has been invited to the Las Vegas All-American Classic on Jan. 15. Wollschlager said he'll play in the North-South All-Star Classic on Jan. 13 in Houston. Receiver Ryan Moore said he's been invited to the East-West Shrine, the Las Vegas and the Texas vs. The Nation game, but hasn't decided which he'll attend.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX who the fu-k is this!!!!?
69 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Dak & Zeke Partying in Dallas Nightclub on Monday Night
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX, Riddle me this .....
219 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 6 - Tom Ford Thinks All Men Should Be Penetrated At Least Once
275 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Amazonian tribesmen react to images of the earth
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Just got the 2016 Escalade
249 comments
20 hours ago