most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Melissa Ford !!
29 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kool Killa Klay Highlights vs Pacers (2016.12.05) 60 points, Grand Wizadry
66 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #4521
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
 madness said:
and we better watch out for NC....even without their QB, butch will have them ready on gameday.
:banghead:

bruce johnson and chavez grant fu*king blow, them n*ggas cant cover or tackle worth sh*t brandon harris should be starting over one of them

Last edited by madness; 09-27-2008 at 04:48 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #4522
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
fu*king disgusting.. i couldn't be more disgusted at that secondary today man.. couldn't do anthing you guys said above ^^^ ..

but the one who doesn't deserve a slack a Nix. What the fu*k is this man thinking about running 3 QB draws on 3rd down and 2 HB draws on 3rd and long? sick of that conservative a.ss bullsh*t; acting like Marve was fu*king up on his throws or anything. This was actually a game when receivers where making catches and Robert was throwing very efficiently with the exception of that first pick. Coop was doing his thing too, boy was unstoppable all day long but we quit running him for no reason either.

Also, Shannon needs to quit subbing Marve for JH. He acting like he owes JH something so he has to put him in the game.. what the hell is that about man, Marve was in a nice groove. We know he's the better qb at this moment by a long shot and JH will get his shot because he's good as well but just not yet.

We came out that first quarter like we could beat any team, from Oklahoma, to Georgia to anyone, but damn.. anyways, the good things i can pick up from this game is the fact that Marve can just make something happen anytime. He throws a nice ball man and the receivers, especially Aldarious and Farqhuarson are the truth. Epps was just punishing n*ggas when he got a change, Coop is an animal, a highlight reel and the O-Line is coming together, they allowed 1 or 2 sacks i believe.

Last edited by Cap Peeler; 09-27-2008 at 05:21 PM..
 09-27-2008, 05:31 PM         #4523
Cashville_09 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hopefully these guys saw Marve almost win the game for us. Dude is young but they need to trust him. Bradford and Mccoy were both young, but they were trusted by their coaches. Marve has shown what he can do, stop being so conservative.

This loss sucks but at least it came early. These dudes let the hype get to them, and once we went up 14-0, they sat back and relaxed(including the coaches). Right now everyone has been humbled, how we respond now will dictate the outcome of our season.

We need more talent, period. We need help at Dline. We need help at CB. We need help at Oline. We need faster linebackers.

Also, can someone tell be why JH keeps playing? Is he telling the coaches he will transfer if he dont play? Why is he on the field? I believe he will be a very good QB, but he needs to get the fu*k off the field right now. Marve is way ahead of him in terms of development. Marve is just better. We cant throw away scoring opportunities so we can "build depth" (or keep JH). This must stop, ENOUGH. Shannon can recruit, but he needs to make smarter moves on the field.

Last edited by Cashville_09; 09-27-2008 at 05:35 PM..
 09-27-2008, 05:57 PM         #4524
Cashville_09 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yea and Larry Coker can commit dat. We have absolutely no veteran talent. Bill Young had a bad game today but it's quite obvious he is limited because of the personnel. On D we prolly have 4 or 5 decent/good JR. and SR. players, and that is sad. Do we have one legit first day pick next year?
 8 years ago '04        #4525
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
i agree with what everyones sayin. i like jacory but at this point the only time he should be in is if marve is hurt or if it's in the 4th quarter of a blowout. other than that, pulling QBs just fu*ks with the momentum and offensive rhythm.....marve led the squad to a 14-0 lead then got pulled for jacory, it's no coincidence that the offense struggled for the rest of the game. and nix is on another planet with some of the plays he calls, unfortunately miami doesnt have $$ to spend on top notch playcallers because theyre still paying off coker so it is what it is.

and to put things in perspective, this game will only help the youngsters grow and get better. hopefully they take their aggression out on florida state next week.
 8 years ago '06        #4526
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,595 | Props total: 12024 12024
i still cant believe it wow
 8 years ago '05        #4527
feardafoot 
space
space
$3,220 | Props total: 0 0
I thought we were gunna pay???? Pay for what, the beating we gave you in Chapel Hill last year??? Or is it loaning you guys some bread to at least fill half of Dolphin Stadium. Sad sad showing of support for the tropical depressions.. Big home loss today for "THE WHO?" i mean the U...

Last edited by feardafoot; 09-27-2008 at 06:23 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #4528
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
Young team man, this was expected from a 90% freshmen team.. but the future is bright. I know personally some of dem boys at the U and they put this behind them already, and they finna take it on fsu next week. They ain't finna slide like they did against these fu*king baby blue powder colored motherfu*kers.
 8 years ago '05        #4529
feardafoot 
space
space
$3,220 | Props total: 0 0
 Cap Peeler said:
Young team man, this was expected from a 90% freshmen team.. but the future is bright. I know personally some of dem boys at the U and they put this behind them already, and they finna take it on fsu next week. They ain't finna slide like they did against these fu*king baby blue powder colored motherfu*kers.
Slide? I feel you man. Dont give Carolina no credit just put it on youth even though we are just as young as yall.

Anyway yall were favored by 9 and it should have been more the way yall smacked A n M.... You gotta hate Carolina i feel you.. We coming up too so don't ever take Carolina litely...
 8 years ago '04        #4530
booie4 
space
space
$4,874 | Props total: 586 586
Jason Fox

On the emotions he feels after losing the game...
"We lost. I am not excited and we all hurt. We can take positives from this right now later when we watch the film and try to improve on things, but this is a game we should have won and we didn't handle business."

On what the locker room was like after the loss...
"It was almost like dead silence. We were close, but we didn't finish. After Coach Shannon talked to us, a couple of the guys were just saying to keep your head up and encouraging each other. That loss definitely hurt."

On if he was confident the team would come back to win after UNC took the lead...
"Absolutely, we were talking to each other saying if they score here, we can come back and win this. We were one play away and we were going on the football field and it was in every one of our mindsets to march it down the field and score. We are on the right track, but it didn't happen for us."

On if this team has what it takes to bounce back from a tough loss...
"No team wants to give up now and pack it in and give up. We know how good we are and how good we can be if we improve, so that is in everybody's mindsets and that is our job now."

Colin McCarthy

On what he feels like was the one thing that allowed for UNC to win the game...
"We just didn't finish. That has been kind of a problem since last year going into last year and we need to get it corrected soon."

On the big scoring plays the defense allowed...
"Our main goal was to stop the run and they got big plays. Two or three of the touchdowns were huge pass plays. We need to get that corrected obviously because it is going to hurt us the rest of the season if we give up long deep balls."

On what UNC was doing offensively that was challenging for the defense
"We had them in third and long opportunities and they converted them, which hurt us. That was our main goal. Their starting quarterback was hurt and going into the game we wanted to get pressure and force them into third and long which we did and they converted. When they did that they got some momentum and they hit the big plays which k!lled us."

On the play of the secondary...
"On the plays where they got beat, they went for the interception instead of just going for the sure tackle. If they make a tackle it is a 15 or 20-yard gain and we line up and play. Basically we are trying to limit the big plays by making tackles and lining up and playing again. Obviously they went for the interceptions, they didn't get them and they scored."

Travis Benjamin

On the Florida State rivalry...
"I am excited because this is my first time playing in it and I look forward to doing good in the game."

On finishing the game out...
"The coaches talk about finishing every play and I feel like we are finishing, but it is not the right way. Our offense did good and our defense did good. It was like a crack in the window and they just slipped in there."

On his role in the game...
"The coaches wanted to get the playmaker the ball and they had put me on some reverses and running routes so they could get me the ball. In high school I did a lot of that. I pretty much did everything for my team."

Xavier Shannon

On finishing the game out...
"Basically what it boils down to is that we just have to finish. That is what is stopping us from being a great team. We are not finishing together on offense, defense, and special teams."

On if the offense eased up with a 10 point lead...
"We played Charleston Southern and we had a big lead and we noticed people were laxing up, but at the end of the game you have to finis. At Florida we were up 9-3 in the fourth quarter and we didn't win that quarter and we didn't finish. At Texas A&M we were up 41-10, but we didn't score more points and we didn't finish. The same thing happened today."

On his thoughts going into the final offensive drive...
"I am thinking in my head the entire drive that this is a drive that will define this program. This is a great moment in this program's history and we just didn't finish."

Dedrick Epps

On the loss...
"Like Marve said earlier, it was very difficult because we know we should have won that game. All week we just talked about finishing in the fourth quarter and we didn't finish in the fourth quarter. That's what it boiled down to."

On playing Florida State next week...
"Florida State is a big rivalry so coming off this loss, that's big motivation to go out there and win next week."

On his performance...
"Even though I had a couple of catches, I think I had more drops. I don't want to dwell on the good, just work on the bad."

Chavez Grant

On the inconsistencies...
"I don't even know. The defense played great at times. The offense played great some times. Some times they didn't, but you can't put it on one side of the ball or one phase of the game."

On his pass interference call late in the game...
"I had a pass interference on a play. I thought it wasn't. The ref thought it was."

On the missed opportunities and mistakes...
"Everybody had a chance to make plays and everyone made mistakes. That's part of the game."

Aldarius Johnson

On his first touchdown catch at UM...
"I just seen Marve rolling so I had to roll with him. He threw me the ball and I came down with the catch."

On getting ready for FSU...
"Come in tomorrow, practice hard, do what we got to do, finish every play."

On losing twice after never losing at Northwestern...
"It's sad losing. It just hurts. It's a nasty taste in your mouth. I ain't lose in two years. I don't know how it feels to lose so it hurts me to the heart to come out and lose."
 8 years ago '04        #4531
booie4 
space
space
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Randy Shannon met with reporters on Sunday morning following the 28-24 loss to North Carolina on Saturday afternoon.

Shannon has watched the game and talked about various topics.

"We wish we had--not wish--we got good players," Shannon said. "We just have to coach them up to get it done."

NEWS & NOTES

? WR Thearon Collier went to the hospital yesterday after being carted off in the fourth quarter. Shannon said he did not know what the injury was, but did say Collier is no longer in the hospital. WR Jermaine McKenzie, who has not played this season, will "probably" get a chance to fill in for Collier if he is unable to play this week against Florida State.

? OL Reggie Youngblood was on crutches today. His status is unknown.

? Shannon was not happy with the veterans' late-game performance including the blown coverage by senior CB Bruce Johnson, pass interference call on junior CB Chavez Grant, late holding calls on senior OL Xavier Shannon and junior OL Jason Fox.

"I think those are things that are frustrating," Shannon said. "You have seen this team change so much from last year. Just the mentality, how much we've grown, how the quarterback play has developed, how the offense has gone on, and defensively how we have shut down the run game."

Shannon did say some players called him after the game to say that their actions were unacceptable.

"That makes you feel good as a coach, but that don't change anything. A loss is a loss."

? The secondary continues to be an area of concern. Adding to the concern is depth as S Randy Phillips will be out five more weeks, S Vaughn Telemaque will be "out for a while", CB Carlos Armour has "been nicked" as well as S Joe Wylie. CB Chavez Grant was a bit banged up last game which leaves CBs Bruce Johnson, DeMarcus Van Dke, and Brandon Harris as the only healthy ones. At safety, Anthony Redd*ck, JoJo Nicolas, and Ryan Hill are the only three that are healthy as Lovon Ponder is still limited to special teams duties.

"We just have to keep going and coaching them," Shannon said. "We have to get our numbers up at that position during recruiting and coach the guys up that we have on the team to get a whole lot better. The defensive staff will do a great job of that and challenge them because there are too many deep balls."

? On the controversial kickoff return by Brandon Tate that was looked like he stepped out of bounds: "I couldn't see his feet," Shannon said. "I don't know if he was in or not. We couldn't get a good view on it. It was just one of those calls. If I couldn't see it on film, then you have to give it to the officials."

? WR Travis Benjamin will continue to be the team's primary returner as he provided a "spark" yesterday. This season, Benjamin is averaging 17.7 yards on seven punt returns.

? Shannon praised his team on kickoff coverage and punt coverage in holding down Brandon Tate. However, he would like to see Matt Bosher continue to improve on his kickoffs. Ideally, Shannon would like the kickoffs about three yards from the sideline, with hangtime, and around the 10-15 yard line. Bosher will continue to be the guy because freshman Jake Wieclaw is not ready.

"Jake is still learning how to place the football," Shannon said. "He'll go out there and hit five, but there won't be any hang time, it will be line drives. If they catch the ball with no hangtime they will be out at the 40 or 50. But he's getting there. We just have to keep working with him. I'm not saying he won't get there this year. If he gets better at it, maybe two games down the line, then alright Jake you are in charge of kickoffs."

? The offense had 309 yards and scored three touchdowns on 66 plays.

"Offensively we did a lot great things. Cooper had his second straight 100-yard game, Marve threw the ball well and spreaded the ball around."

? Shannon continues to refrain from voting in the coaches' poll by choice.

? C Xavier Shannon is having a trouble with high snaps during shotgun formations, but QB Robert Marve is doing a great job of catching the ball with one hand and staying composed.
 8 years ago '04        #4532
booie4 
space
space
MIAMI, Fla. -- It's another painful loss adding to a list of painful losses that the University of Miami has suffered since 2006. In those past seasons, the team couldn't respond continuing to lose more and more close games. How does a team respond from such a painful loss? Can they respond from such a painful loss?

The pain wasn't only felt by the older players who will finish their careers with back-to-back losses to a mediocre North Carolina team. The younger players felt the pain of losing to the Tar Heels Saturday afternoon.

One older player in particular who felt the pain of the loss was senior defensive tackle Antonio Dixon. He had to be helped off the field by staff members because of the emotional pain he was going through putting his hands to his face mask as he left the field.

"Last year I got hurt against them. I tore my MCL and my PCL against them last year. Then it's an ACC game. We put our goals to beating every team in the ACC and I think we still can. We just have to finish," senior defensive tackle Antonio Dixon said.

The younger players also feel the losses especially since they don't know what it feels like to lose. However, it's something that pained them even more following the game as they saw their older teammates in the locker room crying over the loss.

"They seen what happened last year so it really hurt them a lot cause they beat them and the seniors was really crying and it's their last year and they might be their last chance playing against North Carolina so it really hurt them the most. It hurt me too cause I seen what they did last year. I felt like I was a senior today after the game, crying," freshman wide receiver Aldarius Johnson said.

The Hurricanes demonstrated last year that they were mentally weak losing a number of games that they could have won late in the game. The list is long. It includes basically the entire season of losses, but the ones that stand out are losses to Georgia Tech, North Carolina State, Boston College and these same Tar Heels in 2007. All four games were theirs for the taking in the fourth quarter.

The slew of heartbreak stretches back to 2006 as the 'Canes lost games Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, Maryland and Virginia, all games that were winnable.

The difference between being a contender and a champion and being an also-ran is the ability to win games that are close in the fourth quarter, and unfortunately for the University of Miami football team, the 'Canes has fallen into the realm of also-rans.

Excuses are made that the team is young, that the 'Canes play a lot of freshmen. But that excuse is not entirely true. And the fact is, it's just another excuse to excuse the fact that this team simply loses games it should win.

A majority of the starters on the defense right now are juniors and seniors. The only first team players on defense who are not a junior or senior are sophomores Allen Bailey and Joseph Nicolas.

And players like freshmen Sean Spence and Brandon Harris who get a lot of playing time off the bench are extremely advanced in comparison to the normal freshman, i.e. they don't play like freshmen.

So how will this team respond when it's virtually the same team that was on the field last year sans a few players?

Time will only tell, but if you ask Johnson or Dixon, they both feel that FSU is the perfect opponent to respond against because it's not an opponent that they need any motivation to get up for because of the long standing rivalry.

"We are ready. I mean inside the locker room, coach Shannon told us don't hang our heads down. We got Florida State, an ACC game, we got to beat, got to find some way to win and finish," Dixon said.

Said Johnson, "It means a lot to me cause I always dreaming of playing Florida State for Miami. It's a big game so we got to come ready to practice and stay focused."
 8 years ago '06        #4533
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
this sh*t still hurts man
 8 years ago '05        #4534
booker20 
space
space
$10,295 | Props total: 0 0
it dont even feel like we play this weekend... I remember when this game meant something, but right now i just want my team to play football... I just want Ponder to go a game without throwin a terrible pick... should be a good game tho
 8 years ago '06        #4535
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 booker20 said:
it dont even feel like we play this weekend... I remember when this game meant something, but right now i just want my team to play football... I just want Ponder to go a game without throwin a terrible pick... should be a good game tho
i dont care what the records are this game still means alot... we dont want to lose to you especially after last week and you def dont want to lose to us
 09-29-2008, 12:13 PM         #4536
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
at least the Gators got beat..
 8 years ago '07        #4537
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
Im tired of this sh*t...Marve better play the whole fu*king game this week and I honestly cant wait for new recruits in the secondary. Repeatedly kept tryin to make a play and end up getting beat

bruce and chavez just arent playmakers
 09-29-2008, 06:16 PM         #4538
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah Jacory is my n*gga but that sh*t just fu*ked up the offensive flow. They need to go to AJ more down the field, guy is UNREAL. we need to get a sick pass rush cause like everyone is saying our secondary is getting roasted
 8 years ago '05        #4539
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,667 | Props total: 3775 3775
that sh*t funny as fu*k....Miami & FSU are too damn alike....because of qb play I give ya'll the advantage

118 other teams> FSU's secondary
 8 years ago '06        #4540
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 Hurricane Ra said:
Yeah Jacory is my n*gga but that sh*t just fu*ked up the offensive flow. They need to go to AJ more down the field, guy is UNREAL. we need to get a sick pass rush cause like everyone is saying our secondary is getting roasted
co sign everything u said

add that epps needs to get the rock more.. hes a beast running muthafu*kas over look at YPC average but the only problem we give him only 3 catches... throw the rock to him

Nix refuses to spread the field with deep passes

we got unbelieve speed with TB, collier and Kane!!

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside South African Snowbunny Fitness Trainer(Lawd Have Mercy!!)
81 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This website shows how frighteningly quick the internet knows everythi..
6 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - The People's Cabinet?...Trump's administration for millionaire..
119 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Killing Me Softy
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 4 - Man With Gun Arrested at Comet Ping Pong
176 comments
1 day ago