most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Melissa Ford !!
48 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kool Killa Klay Highlights vs Pacers (2016.12.05) 60 points, Grand Wizadry
87 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #4481
booie4 
space
space
$4,874 | Props total: 586 586
COLLEGE STATION, Texas -- Robert Marve threw for 212 yards and two touchdowns as Miami pounded Texas A&M 41-23 on Saturday afternoon.

Miami tailback Graig Cooper rushed for 128 yards and two touchdowns on 16 carries with Javarris James out with a high ankle sprain. It was Cooper's first 100-yard game Sept. 27, 2007 against Duke.

"We are very excited and very happy with the offense today," Miami coach Randy Shannon said.

Thearon Collier and Kayne Farquharson caught touchdown passes and Glenn Cook recovered a fumble for a touchdown for the Canes, who defeated the Aggies in commanding fashion for the second straight season.

Miami (2-1) led 14-10 in the first quarter before scoring the game's next 27 points over the next two quarters to blow the game wide open. The Canes outgained the Aggies, 397-374.

Farquharson caught five passes for 67 yards, Collier had four for 62, and tight end Dedrick Epps caught three for 48.

Texas A&M (1-2) starting quarterback Stephen McGee did not play due to a shoulder injury, but Jerrod Johnson has filled in to throw for 275 yards and three touchdowns with one interception on 19-of-32 passing.

The Canes will host North Carolina (2-1, 0-1) next Saturday in their first ACC meeting. The Tar Heels lost 20-17 to Virginia Tech (3-1, 2-0) earlier today.

"It's going to be important for us," Miami senior linebacker Glenn Cook said.

Texas A&M running back Mike Goodson caught a screen pass from Johnson on the game's first play from scrimmage and weaved through the Miami defense for a 62-yard touchdown.

"It was just bad tackling and taking bad angles," Cook said. "But that kid is a good athlete."

"Five missed tackles on one play and you usually get a touchdown," Shannon said.

The Canes responded with a 19-yard touchdown run by Cooper on their first drive of the game. The touchdown capped off a 4-play, 59-yard drive keyed by a 29-yard pass from Marve to Farquharson.

Less than two minutes into the game, the game was tied 7-7.

After forcing the Aggies to punt, Cooper went back to work. This time, the sophomore from Memphis, Tenn. took a hand-off between the tackles and raced up the right sideline for a 51-yard touchdown. Matt Bosher tacked on the extra point for a 14-7 advantage.

"A lot of big plays on offense today," Shannon said.

A 38-yard field goal by Richie Bean brought Texas A&M within 14-10. The Aggies marched down the field to the Miami 21-yard line before Johnson threw three straight incomplete passes and had to settle for a field goal.

Miami appeared to strike again with a big play in the first quarter--this time a 66-yard touchdown reception by Collier--but it was called back because of an illegal motion penalty by Leonard Hankerson.

Marve guided the Canes down the field and threw a 21-yard pass to Farquharson down to the Aggies 22, but was hit hard on the play forcing him to exit at the 10:39 mark of the second quarter. Jacory Harris stepped in and converted a 3rd-and-8 with a 13-yard pass to Travis Benjamin. However, Harris was unable to complete a third down pass from the 3 and had to settle for a Bosher 20-yard field goal to stretch the Canes lead to 17-10 midway through the second quarter.

Eric Moncur forced a fumble on Johnson, which was recovered by the Aggies, but the 10-yard loss caused Bean to attempt a 48-yard field goal which went wide as the Canes still held onto the seven-point lead.

Miami would extend their lead on a 26-yard touchdown reception by Collier from Marve with 20 seconds left before halftime. The drive was set-up by a 44-yard punt return by Benjamin, who got a key block from Colin McCarthy. Marve completed three passes for 41 yards on the drive that lasted less than 30 seconds.

Bosher hit another 20-yard field goal in the third quarter to push the Canes lead to 27-10. A 36-yard pass to Epps and a 25-yard pass to Collier set up the score.

An interception by Eric Moncur set Marve's second touchdown pass--a 15-yard throw to Farquharson. On the next play from scrimmage, McCarthy forced a fumble on Johnson that was recovered by Glenn Cook, who returned it 3 yards for a touchdown as the Canes took a commanding 41-10 lead.

"It was good to finally get a turnover--it was our second one of the day--but it was good to get a score," Cook said. "It felt good."

Johnson threw a 19-yard touchdown pass to Jeff Fuller and a 1-yard touchdown pass to Goodson to bring the Aggies within 41-23 with less than 10 minutes left in the game.

"We have to finish," Shannon said. "We should be able to score points on offense to finish in the fourth quarter."

Goodson had 146 all-purpose yards and two touchdowns.
 8 years ago '04        #4482
booie4 
space
space
We learned a lot about Miami in their 41-23 win over Texas A&M Saturday.

Take a look at some of the things we learned about UM following this pivotal win Saturday.

1. Miami has a quarterback
There is little doubt now about the quarterback position at UM and who is going to lead the offense this year. Robert Marve looked very good running the UM offense. All his throws were on target, he stood tall in the pocket, and when he had to freelance and create plays on his own he looked in control and confident while picking up tough yards. Marve's control of the two-minute offense at the end of the second half was quite impressive. He took what the defense gave him and came away with a touchdown.

In the second half, his touchdown throw to Kayne Farquharson was perfectly thrown into an open space, allowing Farquharson to run under the throw in the corner of the end-zone. Marve took shot after shot in the pocket from the Texas A&M defense and delivered throw after throw. Marve finished the game 16-of-22 for 212 yards and two touchdowns with one interception. After Marve's very good performance this week look for the playbook to be opened up even more for him next week.

2. The expectations for this season should be raised
After this game, the expectations for this young Miami team just got raised a notch. Texas A&M is not a ranked team, but this was an impressive win for Miami. It was a resounding win in a hostile environment, the Aggies scored on their first play of the game, and UM still responded by outscoring them 41-16 the rest of the game. This team can now seriously be expected to go after a Coastal Division crown and birth into the ACC Championship game if they can continue to improve week to week.

3. Poor tackling must be fixed
The defense still performed well against Texas A&M, but they could have limited the Aggies even more if they exhibited better tackling. Nearly all of A&M's big plays came because of poor tackling. On A&M's first touchdown of the game, running back Mike Goodson got away from three UM defenders who should have brought him down. Also, quarterback Jerrod Johnson shook off tacklers multiple times in the backfield, which he then turned into big pickups through the air Luckily for Miami, this was the only glaring negative of the game and it is something that can be easily fixed at practice this week. The defense did a better job in the second half of wrapping up in the second half, but that will surely be a point of emphasis this week in practice.

4. The receivers stepped up
What a difference a bye week can make. The Miami coaching staff gave the receivers chances to make plays Saturday and they made the most of those opportunities. Freshman Thearon Collier was particularly impressive out of the slot. He had a nice 66-yard yard touchdown on a screen that was called back because of a penalty, but he responded with a 26-yard touchdown catch at the end of the first half. Farquharson and Collier combined for 129 yards and two touchdowns on nine receptions. The unit improved on catching the ball from the Florida game and had very few drops.

5. Yes, the defense is that good
Miami's defense carried their strong performance at Florida with a dominant showing against Texas A&M. The area the defense needed to improve this week was in creating turnovers, and they created two and a touchdown. The UM defense came after quarterback Jerrod Johnson in waves on Saturday and hit him on nearly ever single pass attempt. Despite the poor tackling in the first half, the defense looked very good in containing A&M and confusing the quarterback. The defense allowed too many points late in the game, but they did their job through three quarters and gave the offense a very good cushion to work with and set them up for a score with an Eric Moncur interception.
 8 years ago '04        #4483
booie4 
space
space
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Miami Coach Randy Shannon addressed the media Sunday morning following the 41-23 win over Texas A&M Saturday.

Read on for the transcript of Shannon's meeting with the media.

Opening Statement...
"Reviewing the film from last night, defensively we missed too many tackles and too many opportunities that caused a positive play for them. We had guys coming free on pass-rush and like anything, if you don't get the guy in a pass-rush situation down on the ground when you come free, somebody is going to scramble and receivers move the pocket and get it in open spots and dead areas. Overall the defense kept f!ghting and kept playing. We got turnovers and that is what we were emphasizing, so that was a good part about it--that we created turnovers. We still have to correct the little things on defense as far as the missed tackles because that is part of playing defense."

"Offensively we threw the ball pretty well in the game and ran the bal pretty well. Robert did a great job of getting guys the ball. The one interception that he had, we always tell him if you are going to flinch that ball one or two times, you are going to give the corner enough time to respond to it. He flinched and didn't throw the ball and that got him an interception. I thought the offensive line protected pretty well. We improved offensively on what we wanted to get done and we improved defensively. Now we have to fixed some things defensively as far as stressing tackles in the open field. Offensively the thing we have to stress is finishing the game. In the fourth quarter I feel like we fell into a little lull and got satisfied. That is not what we are trying to emphasize here so we have to finish that in practice."

"Special teams wise, Bosher didn't have a good day at all. On kickoffs and punts he was just average for him. The kickoff team did a little bit better than we expected. We made some changes in the course of the game and we think we might have found some guys that are going to help us on kickoff now. Travis Benjamin was a tremendous a.sset as far as the return on the punt return and got field position that got us a touchdown. We had some improvement, but like anything else we have to keep improving."

On how tough it is to emphasize things to work on when you win a game easily...
"I go back to last year when I say that we were able to get back into games and not finishing and completing it. Then I also tell them some games that Miami has been in. There was a game when I was redshirting up in Maryland. We was up, I don't know how many points, maybe 37 points and Maryland came back and won the game. It is situations like that that you have to tell them about where Miami was coming from and how that game started with us on defense and the following year when you have a team down to just keep on going and don't slack off. That is a standpoint on our offense that you can't do that. You can get relaxed, but in those relaxed moments you k!ll the momentum. We have to keep the momentum and the drives going in the games."

On if last year's game against Texas A&M is a good reminder of pushing through the season because they had a let down the rest of the season after last year's game...
"These are two different teams. Totally two different teams. We were down by seven on the first play of the game and last year's team might have folded. This team didn't, they came out and responded. Two different teams and two different scenarios. After the game they was happy and excited, but then they were also disappointed because they know what we didn't do to finish the game."

On importance of answering with a touchdown on Miami's first offensive drive...
"I don't know if it was important. I feel like the offense came out ready to go and I think that was a big key."

On if the offense that was on display at Texas A&M is the type of offense he expects to see the rest of the season
"We are just going to try and take advantage of what people are going to try and do to us. Every game is different and we judge it by what we can do in practice and what our personnel can dictate and how we can use those young guys"

On if in a perfect world he would like to have a bunch of receivers with two or three catches or one guy with many catches
"I think that is going to be the norm. We got so many guys playing special teams like Sam played kickoff...he played three special teams. Hankerson plays two. The young guys are backup on them. You can't wear guys out on giving them 50-60 plays a game. Like if we gave Sam 50-60 plays yesterday, Sam wouldn't have been effective as a flyer going down on a punt because they did a nice job of taking Ryan Hill out of the game. They had three guys on Ryan Hill, so Sam helped us. We have to make sure to play all those young guys so they will be fresh the whole game and that is the way we are going to do it."

On if it is hard to convince a receiver that he had a good game if his receiving numbers aren't great...
"I think that is what you have to do, especially if you have young guys coming in. Most young guys don't think special teams, they thing numbers and things like that. Then we show them, like for instance you take a Randy Phillips on special teams and a Glenn Cook on special teams, the older senior guys. These are guys that are contributing. Then we take out the old film and show them where Ed Reed was playing special teams as a senior year. Sean Taylor was and Winslow was a true freshman. They see those guys and they say wow, they see it and we can do it. Sometimes you have to refer back to the past and make them understand."
 8 years ago '04        #4484
booie4 
space
space
On Eric Moncur's performance...
"He did ok. Seriously, I thought after he came and talked to me on Tuesday and Wednesday that he said 'coach I can't go, I am done, I can't.' Thurdsay, something popped or something, but he felt better Friday and it was a game time decision. It wasn't the same Eric. It wasn't like we saw last year where he was pass-rushing and stopping the run. He did a nice job, but he still has a lot of improvement and I think that comes from the missed time that he has had."

On the play of Robert Marve...
"I think he did ok. He is not having turnovers. Last year, we were going every eight throws we would make in a game, we would have an interception. So if we had 25 or 24 throws, we were going to have three interceptions. That was just the norm. This year Rob and Jacory are doing great at just dispersing the ball. If nothing is there they are getting rid of it and throwing it out of bounds and they are using underneath guys, which is good. They are not always trying to take the home run shots, but when it is open they are taking the shots at them."

On keeping Bosher at all three kicking roles...
"Yeah, until somebody develops. That is the sad thing about it and he knows it and he is willing to step up and take on that challenge. We still work Jake Wieclaw at kicking, but like anything if you get a young kid out of high school who is used to kicking off of a tee, it takes them about a year. He is getting a lot better than he was, but it still takes a year."

On Marcus Forston being down at many points during the game...
"He got a little stinger and that comes from when you hit somebody wrong with your shoulder pads and a little numbness goes through your shoulder. It was more of an AC joint, but I don't know exactly what it was. Little things like that, you don't know."

On finding momentum and carrying a rhythm for this offense the rest of the year...
"That is what it is. Once you get in a rhythm, it goes. We always say, we tell our offense and special teams that somebody has to make a play. Like on the punt return with Travis, that punt return was setup because a Colin McCarthy hit got Travis going down the sideline. Colin is stepping up on punt return, so now we have to get somebody to step up on kickoff return. Offensive line stepped up yesterday because it was great protection and they was blitzing four and five from a side and he was throwing the ball to little bubble screens and the slants. If the offensive line stepped up, now lets take the next step and see who else is going to step up."

On the type of reception Butch Davis should get this Saturday...
"I don't know. Me and him have coached together and worked together for a long time. When I was a player here he coached here. We still have a great relationship and he is a good coach and they have a good football team from the record they have."

On what everyone should expect from this team now going into ACC play...
"The same, that we are going to work hard and keep improving from last year."

On Glenn Cook and what he has meant to the defense this season
"He has meant a lot to the defense. The players on defense trust him and he is a leader on defense. When things need to be adjusted, he can always adjust and help guys out on the field. He has been a tremendous a.sset to us that we missed last year. Him and Redd*ck on defense."

"You know why Glenn is a leader? He doesn't make many mistakes. He is going to be in the right spot to make plays and tackles and do those type of things. It is like if you have one solid foundation, then it will make everybody else around your life easy. That is how Cook is. Somebody forgets about something, then Cook can tell a defensive end real quick [what to do] and he can go to the safety. He knows where everybody is supposed to be if they get in a bad situation. He plays the game and has been making a lot of plays.

On the play of Kayne Farquharson...
"All these last two weeks we worked on the receivers and he did a nice job. Him and Thearon Collier did a nice job for us yesterday. All those guys did a good job yesterday and it was those inside slot guys who had a great game."

On guys not being phased by the Texas A&M environment
"They wasn't. It didn't phase them at all. I think that is the mixture that we have with these old and young guys. We got so many young guys and I say this all the time, we got guys from Long Beach Poly, who plays in tough places and Booker T, Northwestern, Belle Glade, and Pahokee. Those guys, it doesn't phase them that much. Hankerson is a true sophomore and Cooper is a true sophomore, but he played in the Military school against the Navy's J.V. It is kind of like they are used to it and they accept it. That is one thing we have to continually keep doing to build this program is to keep recruiting players from those type of programs that are used to the big games and the hype and it doesn't affect them."

On if Cooper needed those two big touchdown runs to boost his confidence...
"I think offensive line wise we needed those runs. We have been stressing to them all week long to be finishing blocks and don't be satisfied with getting in somebody's way, so take the extra step and go until you hear the whistle blow. It was big that he hit those runs and looked pretty fast doing it. It was just a boost because we were throwing the ball good, but we can't throw it 70 times a game. We had just a little run here and run here and it started doing real good for us."

On the amount of different type of blitzes Bill Young used
"Probably four blitzes in that game, but it seemed like it was about a million of them. What we did was the same blitz out of a three man front. That was the difference. We did it out of a four man front and then we would do the same blitzes out of a three man front, so it looks like you have eight different blitzes."

On how he will address the missed tackles this week
"You just have to put guys in the open field and flare the back over here and say it is me and you and you have to find a way to grab cloth--not get him on the ground, because I think that is the biggest problem we have. We are trying to get guys with k!ll shots. If you just grab cloth, you will get him down, so we are trying to stress it that way. Grabbing cloth is the thing you have to stress this week."
 8 years ago '06        #4485
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,597 | Props total: 12031 12031
ooooooooooooooo weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '05        #4486
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
seen this on rivals figured i shared it

MIAMI WILL CONTEND IN THE ACC, FLORIDA STATE WILL NOT. Sunshine State football fans, raise your hand if you have a shot at a conference title this year. Not so fast, Florida State fans. Take a seat next to Florida International fans. The weekend brought the ACC race into focus for Florida. Miami is up. Florida State is down. The Hurricanes thrashed a struggling Texas A&M team 41-23 in College Station while Florida State failed for the second consecutive time to score a touchdown at home against Wake Forest. In their past two games, the Hurricanes gave Florida three quarters of a game in Gainesville, then demolished the Aggies at Kyle Field. Redshirt freshman quarterback Robert Marve and the young Hurricanes won't face a tougher road trip all year. It's a clear signal Miami will return to a bowl and will make the ACC race interesting again. On the other hand, Florida State's toughest crowds for the rest of the season might be at Doak Campbell after the Seminoles lost a game in which they didn't allow a touchdown.
 8 years ago '04        #4487
booie4 
space
space
COLLEGE STATION, Texas -- Even after an unexpected break Saturday and some early success, Miami freshman quarterback Robert Marve was determined to come back for more.

Marve rebounded after missing a couple of series midway through the second quarter to efficiently direct the Miami offense in a convincing 41-23 victory over Texas A&M.

It wasn't always easy. Marve felt the crush of Texas A&M linebacker Von Miller, who knocked him out of the game after a well-timed blitz.

"It was one of those plays where you're wide open and have your chest exposed," Marve said. "They had a great rush all day. They just got under my pads and knocked me down. It was kind of hard getting back off of it."

After collecting his senses along the sidelines, Marve wanted coaches to know he was ready. After several plays out he rifled a 26-yard TD pass to Thearon Collier -- his first career touchdown pass -- to extend Miami's halftime lead to 24-10.

If anybody needed any reminders of Marve's toughness, they could be seen looking at his playing apparel. He still wears a plastic glove on his left hand after missing last season after severe injuries to his left hand -- a broken wrist, deep cuts and a dislocated ring finger -- sustained in an automobile accident.

So something like a blitzing linebacker definitely wouldn't keep him down, he said.

"I knew I was coming back," Marve said. "I just had my wind knocked out. It wasn't any big thing. I knew I would be back."

Marve looked much more relaxed and composed in his second career start. The Hurricanes' big-play was visible with eight "explosive plays" -- runs of 18 yards or more and passes of 20 yards or more -- including five in the first half. Their single-game high last season for a game was five explosive plays.

Included in the surge Saturday were early touchdown runs of 19 and 51 yards by Graig Cooper on Miami's second and third running plays that enabled Miami to take early control of the game. Those big plays set the tone for Miami's 398-yard offensive production.

"We got those touchdowns early and it really gave us confidence," Marve said. "That really boosted us early and we went from there."

It would have been understandable if his confidence had been dragging after the Hurricanes' disappointing 26-3 loss at Florida on Sept. 6. Marve made his first career start, but the Hurricanes produced only 140 yards and less than three yards a snap in a feeble performance against a ferocious Gator defense.

"Anybody playing against a top-five team at their place on national television, of course, everybody will be a little tighter," Marve said. "We just tried to relax a little bit today and go from there."

Even as Marve said his demeanor didn't change from his first start, some elements came easier for him. The result was his first career victory and something for the Hurricanes to build on as Atlantic Coast Conference play approaches.

"I saw the safeties out there better and I think my eyes were open a little more," Marve said. "I'm very satisfied with the win. It's something good to build on."
 8 years ago '04        #4488
booie4 
space
space
MIAMI, Fla. -- Butch Davis is returning to Miami.

After guiding the 2000 Hurricanes to an 11-1 record, Davis left UM for the head coaching position with the Cleveland Browns.

However, he did not leave the cupboard bare at Miami as the Hurricanes won the national championship the following season and lost in the title game the year after under coach Larry Coker.

He receives credit for being a great recruiter as he put together one of the most talented college football teams in history.

"In college football, you need to be a good recruiter," said Davis on Monday's teleconference. "But solely being a good recruiter isn't good enough. There's other dynamics. You must be a good manager of people, good communicator, good manager, and have a good grasp of X's and O's."

When asked if the team he put together was the most talented in history, Davis mentioned another UM team that should be considered as well.

"I saw two great periods of time," Davis said. "The 86-87 Miami teams with Jerome Brown, Alonzo Highsmith, Bennie Blades, and Vinny Testaverde--that team was extraordinary. The 2000-01 was another team. They could sit argue to the end of time as the best football teams. Both were very gifted. Both had a lot of guys play in the NFL. It would be very very hard for one to emphatically say one was better than another."

It was a hard decision for Davis to leave Miami after six seasons (51-20) for the NFL and some questioned the way he handled the decision and apparent change of heart.

"I really didn't want to go," Davis said. "We were playing Florida in the Sugar Bowl and I had every intention of being back. Until the very very end some of the dynamics didn't work out. I'll certainly take my responsibility in the last few days."

After a 7-6 season in 2006, Coker's last at UM, and a 5-7 season in 2007 under Randy Shannon, there are signs of Miami returning back to national prominence with top-notch recruiting classes.

Davis, whose North Carolina team is 2-1 and 0-1 in the ACC, believes Miami is on their way back.

"Absolutely. They are so explosive," Davis said. "They played Charleston Southern, then Florida and Texas A&M--two very good programs and they had as every bit of athletes on the field. They destroyed Texas A&M--they were never in the game. They have guys that can make plays. I don't see much difference between this team and the Miami team of the late 70s."

Davis believes there are two type of recruiters--evaluators and salesmen--and believes Shannon is a good recruiter.

"He's a very good coach and a very good recruiter. He's a very good evaluator of talent," Davis said.
 8 years ago '04        #4489
booie4 
space
space
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Senior safety Randy Phillips had surgery on his leg on Monday following a 41-23 victory over Texas A&M on Saturday and will not play against North Carolina.

Phillips, who leads the team with four career interceptions, has two tackles in two games this season as a back-up. He did not play in the opener due to a suspension.

In 2006, Phillips was a full-time starter at cornerback and had 30 tackles, one interception, and 11 pass break-ups.

He moved from cornerback to safety mid-way through the 2007 season where he had 34 tackles, two interceptions, two forced fumbles, and one fumble recovery.

In his career, the Belle Glade-native has 75 tackles, three for a loss, three forced fumbles, 15 pass break-ups, and four interceptions in 34 games--making 12 starts.
 8 years ago '04        #4490
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
thanks booie
 8 years ago '04        #4491
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
TRR: Big Week for Bryce Brown

After a brief week off because I was buried in work last Monday, The Recruit Report returns this week with highlights on how the 11 verbal commitments in the Canes' 2009 signing class are doing in high school.

With the Canes taking a trip out to Texas A&M last week, two of UM's more prized recruits got a chance to watch the Canes in person -- five-star running back Bryce Brown (who made the nine hour drive from Kansas) and quarterback/athlete A.J. Highsmith. Both took in the game at Kyle Field and were impressed with the UM's explosive offense. Highsmith, whose family escaped the wrath of Hurricane Ike basically unscathed, has had two games canceled because of the storm. And he's anxious to get back on the field soon.

> Bryce Brown, RB, 6-0, 215, Wichita East, Kan.: If you thought Ronnie Brown had a special day on Sunday against the Patriots -- you missed what Bryce Brown did for his high school team on Friday. In a 34-24 victory over Kapaun Mount Carmel, he ran for 263 yards on 20 carries and scored four times to lead his team to victory (VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS, STORY). The week before, Brown scored five touchdowns and ran for 109 yards on 27 carries with one catch for 13 yards in the Aces' 46-7 win over Dodge City according to The Wichita Eagle.

> A.J. Highsmith, QB, 6-0. 186, Fort Bend (TX) Hightower: After a bye week two weeks ago, Highsmith's second game of the season was washed out by Hurricane Ike. He was off last week and will finally get back on the field this Thursday against Willowridge.

> Mike James, RB, 5-11, 211, Davenport Ridge: James got a week off last week, but carried his team two weeks ago on offense in a 9-7 defensive struggle victory over Auburndale by rushing for 93 yards on 25 carries, including a 55-yard touchdown run. In three games (including the kickoff classic), he's rushed for a combined 353 yards on 59 carries and five TDs.

> Prince Kent, ATH, 6-3, 195, Norcross (GA): Prince had four catches for 32 yards in a tough 33-19 loss to North Gwinnett. That followed up a 2-catch for 20 yard performance in a 19-0 win over Mill Creek a week earlier. Kent is playing both ways for the Blue Devils and has 209 yards receiving on 17 catches this season.

> Brandon McGee, DB, 5-11, 186, Plantation High: It's been a rough start to the season for McGee and his team which dropped its second straight game last week with a 47-13 loss to Miramar. After looking like he might be able to make the full-time switch to corner, McGee had to come in at quarterback l ate in the game against Western and then started against Miramar before leaving in the third quarter with a bit of slight concussion and a right knee injury. Before he left, he was 4-of-8 passing for 7 yards and 47 yards rushing on 12 carries.

> Stephen Plein, TE, 6-6, 240, Fort Myers High: As the team's starting defensive end, Plein has played well in the team's 2-1 start. He leads the Green Wave in tackles with 19 and sacks with 1 on the season. Fort Myers beat Cypress Lake 42-14 last week.

> Curtis Porter, DT, 6-2, 334, Charlotte Victory Christian: I wasn't able to get a hold of the big fella in our first two installments of TRR, but I reached his coach Frank Crockett today. Crockett said Porter Curtis_porter was a big factor in Victory Christian's 42-7 win last week against Eastern Randolph. "The ballgame Friday night was one for the ages for Curtis," Crockett said. "The last two games is one you look for in a Division I prospect. I don't have the stats in front of me right now, but he's setting the pace in tackles. It's been a great year so far for him. We also have him the backfield in the jumbo package in short yardage situation. He's playing the role of a big fullback for us. He's 6-2, 325. He's dropped 10 pounds. The work he's getting a the three-technique and the backfield is trimming him up." Crockett said Victory Christian has a big-time quarterback Miami is going to notice when they head back up to North Carolina. James Harbin, a 6-2, 175-pound junior quarterback, has thrown 7 TDs in his first two games at the school and averaged more than 300 yards passing in each. Virginia Tech and Wake Forest are already on him.

> Luther Robinson, DT, 6-3, 280, Fort Pierce Westwood: It's been a great start to the season for Robinson and the Panthers, who are 3-0 following a 21-7 over Centennial. He had five tackles and a sack in a season-opening win against Vero Beach according to the Prep Zone.

> Billy Sanders, TE, 6-4, 235, Lake City Coueru d'Alene, Idaho: Sanders, a star at Brophy Prep in Arizona, has gotten off to a good 2-1 start with his new team in Idaho. I'm hoping to hear from his coach in the coming days to find out how he's doing statistically.

> Olivier Vernon, DE, 6-3, 239, Hialeah American: After spraining his ankle in his team's season-opening loss to Coral Reef, Vernon hasn't been able to play since. His team missed him in a 15-13 loss to Norland or a 35-0 loss to Carol City last week. When I reached Vernon by phone this afternoon he told me "I'm at the doctors right now. I'm trying to rehab it right now. I'm trying to play this week. But if not, I should be 100 percent next week." Vernon said he's decided to take official trips to Florida State, South Florida, Alabama and Miami. "I'm just going to check them out, see what they have to offer."

> Cory White, TE, 6-4, 225, Fleming Island: According to a.ssistant Joel Brighton, White has been a standout in the Golden Eagles' 3-0 start. "He's been our left tackle for the early part of the season. He's about 240 pounds right now. It's the same Cory White, agressive and nasty Cory. He'll be either tight end or a tackle at the next level. But I know Miami really wants an athletic. He's that guy." Fleming Island beat Lake City Columbia 17-16 in a thrilling game last Friday and is averaging 370 yards of offense a game. Here's a highlight reel of Cory.
 8 years ago '06        #4492
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
yooo booie u got membershi to insidetheu.com right

if so can u please hook it up on this depose article

:wow:

8 years ago '04        #4493
1000bluntz 
space
space
$15,027 | Props total: 2227 2227
Gotta give it up. Like I said after y'all game with us even though Marve and your offense didn't do anything, basically looked like y'all didn't even try to put up points on us I liked Marve's composure and he looks like a good one, I was wrong about him. Still I think Shannon got that Zook in him and that's not a good thing, maybe he'll prove me wrong but I think Miami will win more in spite of him then because of him. He gets some really good players but I think he's a douche bag of a coach and Nix is one of the worst O coordinators in the nation, I have no clue why anybody would hire that loser. That D is fast as hell though, goddamn I wish we could have nabbed Spence but we had no chance in hell.
 8 years ago '06        #4494
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 1000bluntz said:
Gotta give it up. Like I said after y'all game with us even though Marve and your offense didn't do anything, basically looked like y'all didn't even try to put up points on us I liked Marve's composure and he looks like a good one, I was wrong about him. Still I think Shannon got that Zook in him and that's not a good thing, maybe he'll prove me wrong but I think Miami will win more in spite of him then because of him. He gets some really good players but I think he's a douche bag of a coach and Nix is one of the worst O coordinators in the nation, I have no clue why anybody would hire that loser. That D is fast as hell though, goddamn I wish we could have nabbed Spence but we had no chance in hell.
NO!

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '04        #4495
1000bluntz 
space
space
$15,027 | Props total: 2227 2227
 =Scar= said:
people said i was crazy for pickin the U to win the ACC..........
I don't think anybody thought that the ACC would be so bad that they had much of a chance. I knew they'd be better than last year off rip. They got a lot of good players, they just needed more coaching. I still think Wake probably gonna win just because they have a lot of experience and good players and coaching.
 09-23-2008, 03:27 PM         #4496
Cashville_09 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 1000bluntz said:
I agree that he is still unproven in the coaching department, but what he has done in the little time he was here is amazing. Coker left him with NOTHING. He is not only bringing in top flight talent, he has quickly changed the culture of this program.
 09-23-2008, 03:36 PM         #4497
Cashville_09 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 madness said:
TRR: Big Week for Bryce Brown
We are still recruiting Lamar Miller too. I am starting to believe he comes here (either this year or the next). If he comes here next year, it's over!

This would be the RB rotation:
Coop
James
Brown
Miller

Are you kidding me? That shyt right there would be ridiculous. With Marve at QB we would not be stopped. Lets not even mention Debose who I believe we land (Ray Ray and Dye are UM locks imo).
 09-23-2008, 04:35 PM         #4498
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Thank god I got a Hurricane win this week or I would have snapped.. Cooper is a problem!!! JJ should be backing him up for the rest of the year
 8 years ago '04        #4499
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 Cashville_09 said:
We are still recruiting Lamar Miller too. I am starting to believe he comes here (either this year or the next). If he comes here next year, it's over!

This would be the RB rotation:
Coop
James
Brown
Miller

Are you kidding me? That shyt right there would be ridiculous. With Marve at QB we would not be stopped. Lets not even mention Debose who I believe we land (Ray Ray and Dye are UM locks imo).
well he's always attending UM practices and still talks to the coaches so that's a plus. i'd love to have him, maybe shannon can pull some strings with the administration and get the kid in orange and green, he's too good of a prospect to let go elsewhere.
 8 years ago '06        #4500
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
man its crazy other than our Offensive Line for the future im worried about but im sure the coaches will get the people needed

our offense is gonna be lookin sick with all the playmakers we are gonna have

i really think we have a great shot at BOTH debose and r. randle :wow:

our running back class will be sick this year with the best running back in the nation... with mike james also a beast and maybe lamar miller :wow:

then next year i really doubt clements says to NO to ICE harris... and he already said we are his favorites because all the love we showed him... adding jakhori gore too

we are gonna have playmakers all over the feild :wow: :wow: :wow:

and just look at all the true and redshirt freshman and sophmore that are making plays and playing on this team:wow: :wow: :wow:

south florida is stacked in the class of 2010

WATCH OUT NCCA WE HERE!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by DEDOS; 09-23-2008 at 08:49 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Single Mothers Infographic
230 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside South African Snowbunny Fitness Trainer(Lawd Have Mercy!!)
85 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This website shows how frighteningly quick the internet knows everythi..
8 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside FAST & FURIOUS 8 Trailer Teaser (2017) (Like the announcement for the a..
43 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Best Buy Buy 2 Get 1 Free 12/4/16-12/10/16
51 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - The People's Cabinet?...Trump's administration for millionaire..
122 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside GTA Online: Import/Export coming December
46 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 4 - Man With Gun Arrested at Comet Ping Pong
180 comments
1 day ago