70 of the Most Useful Sites on the Interweb + Other Maybe Useful Sites
155 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 21 Savage Responds To 22 Savage
130 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside This J. Cole "4 Your Eyez Only" Fan Theory Is Going To Blow Your Mind
98 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Picture of the day: Bill Nye The Science Guy, YG, Dj Mustard, Belly
36 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #4421
1000bluntz 
space
space
$15,029 | Props total: 2229 2229
 madness said:
:applause:
sapp >>>

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

@ Warren Sapp's fat a.ss talking down on anybody. He's the same fat a.ss who did this:

Yet another classless dirtbag douche of a human being from the Wah, I mean U. fu*king crybabies man. Other than his ability to play football Sapp is worthless human being, he has no right to talk down on anybodies character.

I bet y'all condone what he did to Chad Clifton, though right? That wasn't a classless dirtbag act was it?

Last edited by 1000bluntz; 09-10-2008 at 02:03 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #4422
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,690 | Props total: 474 474
 1000bluntz said:
@ Warren Sapp's fat a.ss talking down on anybody. He's the same fat a.ss who did this:

Yet another classless dirtbag douche of a human being from the Wah, I mean U. fu*king crybabies man. Other than his ability to play football Sapp is worthless human being, he has no right to talk down on anybodies character.

I bet y'all condone what he did to Chad Clifton, though right? That wasn't a classless dirtbag act was it?
"I'm not bitter toward Warren Sapp," Clifton said Wednesday on radio station WCMT in his hometown of Martin, Tenn. "I hold no grudges at all. It's part of the game, and you a.ssume the risks when you play.

"I got blindsided in a perfectly legal play. The way I landed on my hip torqued my whole body and ripped some muscle and ligaments."
chad clifton seemed to think otherwise
[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '04        #4423
1000bluntz 
space
space
 madness said:
chad clifton seemed to think otherwise
[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Clifton just took the high road like a man. Warren Sapp is known a**hole, straight up and down. For a guy like Sapp to question Meyer's character is asinine. Especially when fu*king Shannon did what he did to Charleston Southern the week before. 4 and 5 from the 42 with a few minutes left and instead of punting he goes for it and they score on the drive to push it to 52-7. Shannon has yet to respond to that fact because he knows how bad it makes his whining of what Meyer did that much more sad. I'm sure Sapp wouldn't have minded if it was the other way around. Seriously are y'all really this blind to see that what Meyer did wasn't a big deal? Scoring points and your f*g**t a.ss titty baby coach wants to whine and whine about it and bring somebody's character into it over a fu*king FG?
 8 years ago '04        #4424
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 1000bluntz said:
Clifton just took the high road like a man. Warren Sapp is known a**hole, straight up and down. For a guy like Sapp to question Meyer's character is asinine. Especially when fu*king Shannon did what he did to Charleston Southern the week before. 4 and 5 from the 42 with a few minutes left and instead of punting he goes for it and they score on the drive to push it to 52-7. Shannon has yet to respond to that fact because he knows how bad it makes his whining of what Meyer did that much more sad. I'm sure Sapp wouldn't have minded if it was the other way around. Seriously are y'all really this blind to see that what Meyer did wasn't a big deal? Scoring points and your f*g**t a.ss titty baby coach wants to whine and whine about it and bring somebody's character into it over a fu*king FG?
shannon had his 3rd stringers in the game, most of whom had never taken a collegiate snap in the game at that pointnice try tho

so explain why meyer had his first-teamers in up by 20 with under a minute to go? allen bailey or sean spence shouldve gotten a clean shot at tebow and knocked that f*g**t out for the season, gator fans would be singing a mighty different tune had that happened:

and honestly i could give a sh*t about the field goal or the final score - it's you hypocritical gator fans that k!ll me - you know, the same fans and coach that were cryin about mark richt ordering his entire team to do the soulja boy dance in your endzone:dancingcool:

meyer's a fraud and everyone outside of hicksville knows it
 8 years ago '06        #4425
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,724 | Props total: 12271 12271
bhhahahahaha that hit was the best man!!!!!

but not as good as this quote

If I was 25 years old and didn't have a kid and a conscience, I would have given him an a.ss-kicking right there at the 30-yard line.
- warren sapp talking about mike shermhead

NEXT STOP HALL OF FAME FOR MR SAPP!!!!!

A TRUE CANE RIGHT THERE :applause::applause::applause:
 8 years ago '06        #4426
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
ohhh yeah by the way 5 star sheldon richardson through in his two cents too

Not everyone was a fan of Urban Meyer's decision to kick a field goal in a 20-point game with under a minute to play. recruit Sheldon Richardson went a bit further. He called it desperation.

i guess did this help more than you ever know:dancingcool::dancingcool:

COME JOIN THE FAMILY SHELDON THE BEAST RICHARDSON!!!!!

:applause:
 8 years ago '04        #4427
1000bluntz 
space
space
 madness said:
shannon had his 3rd stringers in the game, most of whom had never taken a collegiate snap in the game at that pointnice try tho

so explain why meyer had his first-teamers in up by 20 with under a minute to go? allen bailey or sean spence shouldve gotten a clean shot at tebow and knocked that f*g**t out for the season, gator fans would be singing a mighty different tune had that happened:

and honestly i could give a sh*t about the field goal or the final score - it's you hypocritical gator fans that k!ll me - you know, the same fans and coach that were cryin about mark richt ordering his entire team to do the soulja boy dance in your endzone:dancingcool:

meyer's a fraud and everyone outside of hicksville knows it
There's a huge fu*king difference between what Georgia did and what we did at the end of the game to Cryami. If y'all wanna go there we had a FG kicker who had never kicked a FG in college so it's nice to get the first one out of the way before SEC play starts. Y'all talking hypocrite when that's exactly what Shannon just proved himself to be. Again calling Gainesville hicksville like you really know the deal. Gainesville is not a hick town, it's surrounded by hick towns but who gives a fu*k? Gainesville is a college town you fu*king idiot. Shamnon needs to stop running his c*cksucker and be a man. This dude is the Miami's version of Ron Zook, completely fu*king inept as a head coach and constantly making retarded comments. For example him saying his best friend was shot and k!lled in Gainesville after Sean Taylors death to try to paint it like bad sh*t happens everywhere when in fact the guy he was speaking on died of fu*king cancer. Yeah Shannon is very high character cat.
 8 years ago '04        #4428
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
bhhahahahaha that hit was the best man!!!!!

but not as good as this quote
If I was 25 years old and didn't have a kid and a conscience, I would have given him an a.ss-kicking right there at the 30-yard line.

- warren sapp talking about mike shermhead

NEXT STOP HALL OF FAME FOR MR SAPP!!!!!

A TRUE CANE RIGHT THERE :applause::applause::applause:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

sherman's about to catch an a.ss-kicking next saturday on Aggie Field:applause:
 8 years ago '04        #4429
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 1000bluntz said:
There's a huge fu*king difference between what Georgia did and what we did at the end of the game to Cryami. If y'all wanna go there we had a FG kicker who had never kicked a FG in college so it's nice to get the first one out of the way before SEC play starts. Y'all talking hypocrite when that's exactly what Shannon just proved himself to be. Again calling Gainesville hicksville like you really know the deal. Gainesville is not a hick town, it's surrounded by hick towns but who gives a fu*k? Gainesville is a college town you fu*king idiot. Shamnon needs to stop running his c*cksucker and be a man. This dude is the Miami's version of Ron Zook, completely fu*king inept as a head coach and constantly making retarded comments. For example him saying his best friend was shot and k!lled in Gainesville after Sean Taylors death to try to paint it like bad sh*t happens everywhere when in fact the guy he was speaking on died of fu*king cancer. Yeah Shannon is very high character cat.
yeah he's completely inept, yet he had his team of youngsters hanging with the #5 team in a hostile environment for 3 quarters?:rolleyes:fu*k outta here chump

shannon isnt too far off from having miami back whether you like it or not, and the entire nation saw it on primetime:applause:and even if he does get canned he's just leaving the cupboard full of talent for the next coach
[pic - click to view]

and unfortunately for you the only people's opinions who matter on whether or not he has any character are recruits, and basing on the incoming class in 2009 and 2010 i think it's safe to say they disagree wholeheartedly:applause:
 8 years ago '05        #4430
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,896 | Props total: 290 290
here go some pics of where i saw the game from .... this is the uf student section

8 years ago '06        #4431
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
People love to hate us yet love to watch us !!!!!!

Miami's football game at Florida last Saturday was the third most watched regular-season college game in ESPN history. The game drew a 5.0 rating and had 6,954,000 household impressions.

The Hurricanes have now been involved in the three most watched regular-season college football games to air on ESPN. No. 1 was the UM-Florida State game on Sept. 4, 2006 (9,120,000 households). No. 2 was UM vs. FSU on Oct. 8, 1994 (7,667,000 households).

:applause::applause::applause:
 8 years ago '04        #4432
booie4 
space
space
$4,880 | Props total: 609 609
Marcus Forston had played to big crowds before. Huge crowds, actually -- like the 31,896 he faced in Dallas last year against the nation's No. 1 high school team. But The Swamp's 90,833 frenzied Gators fans? That was something entirely mind-bending.

''The toughest crowd I've ever played in front of,'' said Forston, a University of Miami freshman defensive tackle who started Saturday in Gainesville. ``Just driving through the college campus, the fans were booing us and putting their thumbs down.''

Some middle fingers, too.

``I knew then it was a big-time game.''

No worries, Forston said of UM's young line that pressured Heisman Trophy quarterback Tim Tebow and helped hold Florida's ground game to 89 yards. Bring on the ''12th Man'' of Texas A&M.

''That place will be rocking all day,'' Forston said of Kyle Field at College Station, considered one of college football's most dreaded places to play. The ''12th Man'' for the Aggies is an intensely loyal crowd. The term dates to 1922, when a former A&M player was summoned from the crowd by the coach to don a uniform in case he needed to play because of excessive injuries.

UM (1-1) beat the Aggies (1-1) 34-17 early last season. This year's game will be televised by ABC at either 3:30 or 8 p.m. Sept. 20. Both teams are off this Saturday, giving A&M quarterback Stephen McGee time to rest a slightly separated right (throwing) shoulder.

''I've talked to people who have played against Texas A&M. They say it's one of the top five crowds,'' said Forston, who played last season for Class 6A state champion Miami Northwestern High. 'But we're already adjusted to a huge crowd on the road. Just like [defensive end] Eric Moncur said before the Florida game, `Block the crowd out. They're just nothing but fans screaming. They're not lining up in front of us.' ''

Miami's defensive line, with youth and hit with offseason injuries, was expected to be extremely vulnerable. But Forston and crew, including redshirt freshman right end Adewale Ojomo and sophomore left end Steven Wesley -- both starters -- were dominant.

''Florida was a great learning experience for us,'' Wesley said. ``The intensity of the game, the adrenaline rush running out there. Our emotions were sky-high.

'We wanted to prove everybody wrong, prove that we could hang with the Gators. We put pressure on the quarterback. We stopped the run. But like [defensive line] coach [Clint] Hurtt says, `It's easy to make a move on the offensive line, but the hardest thing is to finish it off by hitting the quarterback.' ''

UM coach Randy Shannon praised the line, but called out senior tackle Antonio Dixon for his fourth-quarter roughing-the-passer penalty, which added 15 yards to the 32 UF got on a pass completion. The Gators scored on the next play, and Tebow ended with 256 passing yards after being held to 61 in the first half.

''Big things like that in a game are crucial,'' Shannon said of the penalty.

Shannon said he also would have liked a turnover or two. 'Something to give us a little bit of `Wow! Yeah, here it is!' '' Shannon said. ``But we didn't have those plays happen.''

Junior Joe Joseph backed up Dixon on the left side Saturday -- after starting at right tackle in the opener. He said he loves Shannon's method of choosing starters based on their previous week's practices. Expect regular ends Moncur and Allen Bailey, both of whom required surgery for offseason injuries, to play a lot more at A&M.

''It's a great motivator,'' Joseph said. ``If you outwork and outplay somebody in front of you, it's your turn.''

Joseph partly blamed UF's 17-point fourth quarter on mental busts by the defensive line. ''You have to contain the rush lanes,'' he said. ``We got too far upfield and got behind the quarterback and let him step up. We should have been countering and coming back.''

Wesley blamed it on ``miscommunication between the linebackers and D-line -- really the whole defense.''

But don't expect these players to blame inexperience. This bunch, they say, has been strong from the start.

''Experience doesn't mean anything when you have talent,'' Wesley said.
 8 years ago '04        #4433
booie4 
space
space
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Quarterback Robert Marve finally made his much-anticipated Miami debut after a year dealing with a major hand injury and a one-game suspension.

Marve, a redshirt freshman, faced the fifth-ranked Florida Gators in Gainesville in front of a Florida Field record crowd of 90,833.

Although Miami lost 26-3, there were positives to take from the game including the play of Marve, who completed 10-of-18 passes for 69 yards and was sacked three times.

"I thought I did good, I felt very comfortable," Marve said. "Getting jittery or anything like that, I don't know how how it looked, but I felt good and I felt like I knew what I was doing."

Sophomore starting running back Graig Cooper, who rushed for 31 yards on 15 carries, was happy with Marve's performance.

"I am proud of him," Cooper said. "He handled himself real well. He was real calm and confident. We just got to play along with him. He was very confident in the huddle."

Marve's stats were not impressive, but he managed the game and kept the Canes within striking distance trailing just 9-3 in the fourth quarter.

"Robert did well," said coach Randy Shannon following the game. "No interceptions, no turnovers. We feel that we can go into a game if we don't turn the ball over, execute, and keep it close in the fourth quarter, we will have a shot."

Marve was proud of the team's effort as they faced the Gators for the first time since 2004.

"I definitely thought we fought hard," Marve said. "I am proud of that. You lose a game and guys are sad, but we did go out f!ghting. We did swing punches."

Marve's first drive a bit shaky as two of his receivers had drops. He did not complete a pass until his fourth attempt--a 3-yard completion to Leonard Hankerson.

"It felt great to get back honestly," said Marve, who missed the 2007 season with a hand injury. "It felt good to get hit again. It felt good to be in the game. It felt good to be a leader again. It felt great to get the 'U' put on my helmet."

After his first completion, he helped guide his team down the field on 16-play, 42-yard drive, which resulted in a 50-yard field goal by Matt Bosher. During the drive, Marve showed his playmaking ability with two runs of eight yards including one on a 4th-and-5 situation.

"I felt pretty in rhythm the whole game," Marve said. "I think it was unfortunate the ball didn't fall our way a couple times on third down. But I felt pretty good. They showed us what they showed on film. They played a lot of man. My mentality was to keep the ball safe and play tough."

Marve was replaced after the scoring drive by Jacory Harris for the next two drives heading into halftime. Marve said he agreed with the coaches decision although it appeared Miami had a chance to take advantage of a momentum swing.

Miami finished the game with 140 total yards on offense and picked up 11 first downs.

"I thought the offense--the number might not look great, I don't know what the numbers were--but we did move the ball, but it seemed like we got stuck," Marve said.

Florida scored two touchdowns and a field goal in the fourth quarter to put the Canes away for the first time since 1985--a span of six games.

"They are a top five team in the nation for a reason," Marve said. "They were a great team. We were right there, but we didn't finish them off. All of the praise goes to Florida, they have a great team. Their guys have been around for a while. They have a Heisman Trophy winner and guys on the Heisman watch. What happened in the fourth quarter happened, but we'll learn from it."

Miami (1-1) returns to the practice field on Wednesday, but they don't return to game action until Sept. 20 with a road game against Texas A&M (1-1).

"You saw a little bit of our dog, you saw a little bit of our f!ght," Marve said. "Hopefully Miami people are proud of us for f!ghting. We are going to keep f!ghting and go after Texas A&M."
 8 years ago '04        #4434
booie4 
space
space
When Miami coaches decided a conservative offensive game plan was the best path toward victory in Gainesville, it exposed coordinator Patrick Nix to once again becoming a focal point. And even though the path might have given UM its best chance to win, now there's a lot of debate about the offense and the passing game.

Nix is never surprised by naysayers or angry fans that want to see the offense open up with more of a downfield passing attack.

In fact, one of his first messages to the team's all-freshmen quarterbacks during training camp was a reflection of his understanding of reality.

"You will be booed," Nix told each of the quarterbacks early-on this fall.

It's not an upbeat message, but Nix knew they needed to hear it.

"I tell them they will be booed off the field, that it's a fact," Nix said. "That's the way it is. I tell them, `Don't read the papers, don't listen to the radio and don't worry about getting booed.' That's the golden rule for athletes. You don't worry about it, just keep on going and doing your job."

Nix sees that as his job description, too - don't worry about anyone else, just do his best to come up with game plans that put the ball in the hands of his playmakers.

Last year that didn't happen too often. In Nix's first year at the helm the Canes ranked No. 110 out of 119 teams in the nation in total offense. At Florida, the Hurricane offense was outgained 345-140 on a night Miami's defense actually played quite well.

"You can always do better," Nix says.

Well, at least the offense can't do much worse.

Did Nix feel he had the pieces he needed on offense to succeed last year?

"I would say that last year was more of a poor job coaching instead of players," Nix said. "I don't like saying it's the players' fault. We could have done a better job. I could have done a better job last year of putting guys in some different spots and things like that. But you live and you learn. You go on. And you try to find a way to take the group you have now and do it. There's not a whole lot I can do about last year. I don't worry about that. I know what we've got now - the direction we've got to head now is all I can worry about."

Randy Shannon won't allow his coordinators to speak to the media about games or specifics.

But before the season, Nix said he was excited about the prospects for the offense this season. He spent time this off-season at Arizona State talking candidly with former Cane coach Dennis Erickson's offensive staff. In the past Nix has spent time learning from the likes of Bobby Dodd, Terry Bowden, Bobby Bowden, Jimbo Fisher, Rich Rodriguez and Chan Gailey, among others. He's also visited NFL teams like the Denver Broncos and Atlanta Falcons.

Nix said he tries to put all of his experience to work when putting together a game plan, and he's constantly honing his ideas. Shannon is giving him every opportunity to succeed by setting up the skull sessions with successful offensive coaches like Erickson.

"You know what your core is and what you're going to do, but at the same time seeing other people doing it and seeing if you like their idea better helps," Nix said.

Something else that helps Nix: Always having a pen and paper nearby. He sleeps with a flashlight, pen and pad by his bed. He'll interrupt his wife mid-sentence at dinner to jot something down.

"I've drawn a lot of things on napkins," Nix said. "I'm sure some of the (things) we're doing right now come from that. You never know when you're going to have a thought. You don't want to wait till tomorrow to remember it."

If the offense fares well as this season progresses, it will come as a shock to a lot of national prognosticators. There was not one UM player selected to the ACC's preseason first or second teams. And what many perceive as UM's strength - the running game - was picked ninth in the conference in a pre-season Rivals.com analysis. That running game was dealt a further blow by the injury to Javarris James. The weak performance at Gainesville did absolutely nothing to change anybody's opinions.

Does it bother Nix that some in the national media seem to have written off the UM offense?

"Not a bit," he says. "I don't pay attention to that stuff. I have a lot more to worry about. Those [media] people can make a mistake and not lose their job. If we [win the rest of our games] there's not a single one of them that said we aren't going to be good that will lose their job. They couldn't care less, so why should I care about what they say? There's no accountability, so I don't care what they say."

One thing Nix knows about his offense: No matter how well the offense performs, Cane fans won't be satisfied.

"No matter what, everyone's going to want more and want it better and everything else," Nix said. "So you go out, do the best you can. You're never going to hit every deep ball, are never going to break every tackle. We'll just see which guys can go out and do it and see what happens."

Some have speculated Nix is on the hot seat this year if the offense doesn't come around. Nix says he doesn't concern himself with that kind of speculation.

"I don't worry what other people say and think," Nix said. "I have a job to do, and I'm going to do it the best I can. If it's not good enough there'll be another job out there that I go and get, and I'll just keep on going.

"If people are looking at this as a make or break season, that's crazy when you have as many young guys as we've got. You just hope they can grow each week, get a little better each week."

What would make Nix happy?

Wins and a productive offense.

And not too much jotting down notes after waking up in a sweat at night.
 8 years ago '04        #4435
booie4 
space
space
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- There's no doubt Miami's defense made a statement with their performance against Florida in their 26-3 loss Saturday.

Through three quarters Miami's zone blitz defensive scheme held the potent Florida offense to just nine points and limited Heisman Trophy winner Tim Tebow.

Now Miami knows how good their defense can be this season.

Linebacker Colin McCarthy led a strong performance by the linebacker unit with a team leading seven tackles.

"All the defensive coaches prepared us the best they could for Florida and I think we held them," McCarthy said. "They felt like they were going to come in and beat us and we were physical with them and punched them in the mouth and I think they respect us for that."

"I think the thing we can focus on is finishing and that is something we didn't do against Florida. We had an opportunity late in the third quarter and early in the fourth to win that game and we weren't able to execute to get the win."

In the Florida game, the Miami coaching staff put a lot of responsibility on the linebackers to limit and confuse Tebow by blitzing from every angle on one play and then dropping back in coverage on the next play.

For most of the game against Florida, the linebackers performed very well. McCarthy was joined by Glenn Cook, Darryl Sharpton, and Sean Spence as Miami's leading tacklers in the game.

"Coach Barrow talked to the linebackers about being the leaders of the defense and that is a rule we had last year, but we didn't live up to it. This year we are trying to do that. We have a lot of young athletic linebackers this year, so with all of this together we are accepting the fact that we have to take more responsibility and do more checks and disguise our blitzes."

Spence is a player who especially impressed McCarthy with his play at Florida. He finished the game with five tackles and was the only player to sack Tebow on the night.

"He is a great player," McCarthy said. "Him being young doesn't affect his maturity on the field. He is doing a great job of picking up the defense and making plays. He is always in the right spot in the right times. He always has a nose for the ball and the big hit he had in the Florida game was a great read and big for the defense."

Even though Miami is coming off a loss this week, McCarthy says the team is very upbeat going into the Texas A&M game. He sees a lot of positives from the Florida game.

"With any loss, you try and take something positive out of it," McCarthy said. "As far as this year playing against the fifth ranked team and last year playing against the fifth ranked team, we have a lot more positives to take from this year's game. Defensively we did a great job and held them to nine points through the first three quarters and that is good for us. We chased the football and ran around and made plays."

"We learned a lot from them like where we are defensively and what it takes to stop an offense such as Florida with all the weapons they have. I think we did a good job with limiting their plays."
 8 years ago '04        #4436
booie4 
space
space
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- It's no secret that the primary area Miami must work on this week is the passing game.

Miami's wide receivers combined to catch just ten passes for 64 yards against Florida.

Senior receiver Kayne Farquharson tied for the team lead with three receptions for 22 yards in the game.

"As a receiver group, we had about three drops," Farquharson said. "I dropped the first ball and I think Hankerson had two, but other than that we played well. We didn't turn the ball over and we blocked well. I think we did a good job."

Many would particularly like to see Miami attempt more passes down field. The longest pass of the game by Miami was a 14-yard reception by Leonard Hankerson. According to Head Coach Randy Shannon, the deep pass plays were called, but receivers weren't getting open.

"We threw deep," Shannon said. "Guys didn't get open and that is the bottom line. We called pass plays to go deep, but guys didn't get open."

Farquharson said he felt like on a few plays the receivers could have done a better job of getting open, but most of the Florida game receivers were getting open.

"I guess on certain plays, we could have created a little more separation, but as far as the all-around game, we did a good job of getting open," Farquharson said.

Part of the problem with the passing game may be that the receivers can't get into a rhythm because they are constantly being rotated in and out of the game. Miami played nine wide receivers against Florida. Farquharson says that just makes him play hard when he is in the game.

"When your number is called you just have to make a play," Farquharson said. "That is the name of the game. Everybody is rotating, but it is just the way it is. Everybody is competitive and wants to play more, but whatever the coaches want to do, I will support that 100 percent."

Farquharson said he was impressed by the poise of quarterbacks Robert Marve and Jacory Harris played with in The Swamp. Marve and Harris did not commit any turnovers and had good command of the offense.

"They did a good job of getting out of the pocket. Two or three sacks came at the end of the game when. They didn't throw any interceptions and had no fumbles. They did a great job of managing the game and played well."

Overall, Farquharson says the morale and attitude of the team is very upbeat even though the team is coming off the loss to Florida.

"We didn't turn the ball over, but we just didn't do a good job of punching the ball in," Farquharson said. "It is hard to lose a game when you don't have any turnovers on offense. Up until the third quarter, the score was 9-3, so the ball game could have gone anywhere."
 8 years ago '06        #4437
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
good looks famo
 8 years ago '05        #4438
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,704 | Props total: 3816 3816
Three programs jump on junior Jeffrey Godfrey
Class of 2010 ESPNU 150 Watch List quarterback Jeffrey Godfrey has already received offers from Tennessee, Oregon and Florida International, affiliate Web site InsideTheU.com reports.
However, he's waiting on the hometown Hurricanes, "It would be great to get an offer from Miami. If I get it, I am going to go there. I like the tradition that they have at Miami. It is great to be a Hurricane."
Florida also figures to be in the mix for Godfrey, who threw for 1,287 yards and 13 touchdowns with four interceptions, while running for 345 yards and seven touchdowns last fall.

I don't see why he wouldn't get the offer
 8 years ago '06        #4439
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
its great to be a hurricane!!!!!

owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

and to Junior G... prob the same reason jakhori gore dosent have an offer and dior mathis... its in the bag so why should we have 2009 already lookin over there back

godfrey freshman tapes are un real :wow:
 8 years ago '04        #4440
booie4 
space
space
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Miami freshman defensive tackle Marcus Forston has played well beyond his years early in his UM career.

As a true freshman, Forston started his first game at Miami against Florida last week.

Forston responded with one tackle and constant pressure by disrupting the middle of the offensive line early in the game.

Here, Forston discusses his performance in the Florida game, the play of the defense, and why he wasn't surprised about how Sean Spence played.

What were your overall thoughts on the Florida game and what things can you take from that game to move forward this season?

"To be a true freshman in the second game of the season and go into The Swamp, I can say that I got a lot out of that game. The thing I got out of that game was the ability to play in front of a huge crowd like that. When I came out of the tunnel and saw the stadium rocking and everybody was against us and our backs were against the wall, I knew I had to be ready."

Was it a dream come true to have your first career start as a Hurricane be at Florida?

"It was a dream come true, but I have to just put that behind me and keep on working and work to keep that job."

Talk about the play on Florida's first drive where you chased down Tim Tebow from behind. What was the feeling that came over your body after that play?

"I was so hyped. Nothing could have stopped me from chasing Tebow down on that first drive. One thing Coach Shannon stresses to us is to finish and I just wanted to finish on that play. I was just thinking that I wanted to make that tackle and not miss that opportunity."

After watching film of the game, were you pleased with your performance?

"You are never going to be satisfied and because we lost I feel like I could have contributed more if I gave a second effort on some of the plays. That is something I need to work on and get better at for the rest of the season."

How pleased is the defense with the performance of the Florida game?

"We started off the game striking on first, second, and third down. The defense was playing balls to the wall, but we didn't finish and that was the main thing. We didn't finish the game."

What type of statement did the team make by keeping the game close through three quarters of the game?

"They never gave us a chance. They were talking about how the U was theirs and all their fans was talking. Those players had it in their heads that they were just going to blow us out, but we came out and punched them in the mouth, so it kind of shocked them a little bit I think."

Talk about Sean Spence and the excellent performance he showed during the game.

"I knew he was going to ball. We are roommates and the two days before the game that was all we talked about was Florida and how everybody is going to be watching and we need to make plays. I knew that he was going to come out and perform like he did."

A lot of people were surprised by the way Sean played in that game, but you have seen that from him his whole career. You weren't surprised were you?

"I wasn't surprised. I have been around him for so long and I know what he is capable of doing. If I see him mess up or something I tell him that I know he is better than that and he corrects it and he will tell me the same things when I mess up. We both know what we are capable of."

Sean was the only player in the game to get a sack on Tebow. Has he bragged about that to you guys yet?

"No, he doesn't talk about it. He took the loss hard. We come from a winning school and I don't even know when the last time we lost was. That hurt us bad and brought us down, so we just have to keep our eyes on the front of our head, not in the back of our head. We have to keep looking forward."
Home      

most viewed right now
Teanna Trump is finally free
204 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Would You Put A Ring On It Even After Her Past?
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 9 - Shocking New Poll Shows A Vast Majority Of Trump Voters Live I..
70 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Forbes Reveals The Highest Paid Athletes of All-Time
94 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Future ROY Ben Simmons blocks his Sexy ass Sister on Twitter
108 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
107 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ronnie from Jersey Shore is dating someone from the Kardashians
30 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Maliah can get it boy damn
52 comments
1 day ago