Video inside Nov 22 - Death Date Announced For The Internet
24 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Reminder Black Friday Starts Now at Walmart.com
37 comments
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside TEKASHI69 saves Magnolia producer Pierre from an ass whooping or worse
41 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 11-29-2008, 03:52 PM         #4421
The Lefty  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So who you guys see us getting in a bowl??

As for next season..

Nix has got to go.

Marve and Jacory battle it out in the spring, winner for the starting job is decided there. And no 2 QB system.

Alot of Coker's scrubs will be history next season, so hopefully our defense (mostly LBs and Safeties) will be improved.

Damnit man, I was so hyped just 2-3 weeks ago, now this.

Im looking forward to the rest of this recruiting season.

THE U
 9 years ago '04        #4422
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
 P. Dedos said:
in better news 2010 DT todd chandler commited
that's 2010.. a year away from now pretty much. It's cool but you know how 17 year olds can be. What i'm excited about is this new class coming in this year. We're addressing our main problems on the offensive side of the field with Bryce Brown who is gonna give us a true power presence in the running game. He's about Adrian Peterson's size when he went in as a freshman at OU. Mike Davis runs hard as well and Lamar Miller adds plenty of speed and can be put differently, not just as a RB. At OL we finally get Brandon Washington, who is a monster as well as Ben Jones who i believe can make a big impact. Receiver wise i think we straight with what we have and obviously watch for the speed threat that we have to add more strength and power to their game.

Defensively is what worries me. We need to get corners badly and secondary as well. Sure, Phillips is coming back next year but i don't really know how good he really is. Van Dyke is straight garbage man... but BH is getting better and better and i hope he follows that through the off season.
 9 years ago '04        #4423
madness 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
$12,967 | Props total: 2776 2776
 Cap Peeler said:
that's 2010.. a year away from now pretty much. It's cool but you know how 17 year olds can be. What i'm excited about is this new class coming in this year. We're addressing our main problems on the offensive side of the field with Bryce Brown who is gonna give us a true power presence in the running game. He's about Adrian Peterson's size when he went in as a freshman at OU. Mike Davis runs hard as well and Lamar Miller adds plenty of speed and can be put differently, not just as a RB. At OL we finally get Brandon Washington, who is a monster as well as Ben Jones who i believe can make a big impact. Receiver wise i think we straight with what we have and obviously watch for the speed threat that we have to add more strength and power to their game.

Defensively is what worries me. We need to get corners badly and secondary as well. Sure, Phillips is coming back next year but i don't really know how good he really is. Van Dyke is straight garbage man... but BH is getting better and better and i hope he follows that through the off season.
yeah the good part is all the youngsters will be a year older, they'll have an entire summer to get bigger, stronger and faster....you could see some of them physically wear down towards the end of the year (t. benjamin especially)
as far as recruiting goes i hope shannon can close out strong for the third straight year. the 2010 commits are nice, but i'm looking for who can help us in 2009, i dont want another year where we have to rely on freshmen to carry us.
 9 years ago '05        #4424
booker20 
space
space
$10,293 | Props total: 0 0
2 big DT commits.... Congrats
 9 years ago '05        #4425
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$53,937 | Props total: 6806 6806
too bad Shannon will waste the talent...n*gga can't coach to save his life.
 9 years ago '05        #4426
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
same shyt can be said for yall :)
true

i'm just a little salty because we haven't had a commit in a while
 9 years ago '04        #4427
booie4 
space
space
$5,238 | Props total: 1524 1524
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Head coach Randy Shannon will have some decisions to make about his coaching staff following a 7-5 regular season as the Hurricanes are now 12-12 under Shannon in his first two years at Miami.

Offensive coordinator Patrick Nix is someone that the fans have voiced their displeasure with since he arrived last season. Miami's offense is ranked 88th in the country in total yards.

"The one thing that you can never get caught up in the outside influences, don't make decisions when you're tired, and don't make decisions when you're upset--sometimes that's the wrong decision," Shannon said. "You have to step back for about a week, have nobody around you, and just relax. Then, go and chart down things that you feel you got better at and can you do to improve."

Shannon said decisions like that are made "after the bowl game", but evaluations are done throughout the year.

"You evaluate everything you're doing all the time," Shannon said. "At the end of the season, you always evaluate what you did as a head coach. Did you improve on anything that you set your goals up to be improved of? You evaluate your coaches, you evaluate recruiting, you evaluate weight training, you evaluate your trainers, you evaluate everything that is a part of football. You just want to get better all the time."

Following last season, Shannon released defensive coordinator Tim Walton and wide receivers coach Marquis Mosely of their coaching duties.

Other than Nix's status, which appears to be up in the air, the rest of the coaching staff should be back although it would not be a surprise to see another a.ssistant depart.
 9 years ago '06        #4428
Xaiv 149 heat pts149
space
space
$4,267 | Props total: 2173 2173
 P. Dedos said:
the crazy part is cookie buchannon,VT, Hitstick Holton, Tommy Streeter, Jordan Futch, Arthur Brown, Jeremy Lewis are waiting in the wings in the 2008 class

these kids have all the talent to be wherever they wanna be

most of them are redshirt freshmans next year :)

while I was reading your post and before I scrolled down and saw juniors post I was thinking damn too bad Shannon and Nix are going to waste all this talent I hope FSU and Miami make it back sh*t k!lls me that both programs are irrelevant its good for college football when both teams are good
 9 years ago '04        #4429
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,836 | Props total: 4096 4096
well that sucked. f*ck it....win the bowl game..get a competent offensive mind in here to work with these boys, a new strength and condition coordinator and we should be good to go..oh and a new DB Coach
 9 years ago '05        #4430
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,042 | Props total: 639 639
so what exactly happend...i couldnt watch the game at all yesterday becuz of work...from what the highlights i saw, i think defense blew it again pretty much
 9 years ago '04        #4431
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
 C.R.I.P. said:
well that sucked. f*ck it....win the bowl game..get a competent offensive mind in here to work with these boys, a new strength and condition coordinator and we should be good to go..oh and a new DB Coach
I agree with that one A LOT!! It looks like Swasey has been chillin since that 2002 class left... our players look small as fu*k comparing to those of the top ranked programs like Oklahoma, Texas, Alabama. sh*t is inexplicable really but our OL has been getting manhandled by bigger DLs for the past 4-5 years almost.
 9 years ago '08        #4432
Oh Finesse 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,820 | Props total: 4 4
We comin for the title in '10!! :applause:
 9 years ago '05        #4433
booker20 
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
i mean FSU has been in the Top 5 in recruiting for the past 5 years... so exactly what is the great FSU doing? look at our 2005 and 2006 classes that shyt was a disgrace to miami football.... that wasnt cane type players thats the reason we are in the situation we are in more than anything
false... we signed 20 recruits in 2007 and werent even in the top 20... and most of those 2 previous classes didnt make it past their 2nd seasons

Blue chips Bright(academics) and Rouse(attitude) never really saw the field
Hardrick, Ball, Ward, Foster, and Kelly all gone before they really got PT

Blue chip Warren(home sick)
Ball(transfer), McDaniel(transfer), Rose(illness), Boatman, Hillery(grades)

I doubt thats wasting talent... more like misfortune and I do think Jimbo is more competent than than Shannon and Nix as much as it might hurt u to say it u miami fans kno Shannon isnt a great head coach

Last edited by booker20; 12-01-2008 at 02:38 PM..
 9 years ago '05        #4434
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
 booker20 said:
false... we signed 20 recruits in 2007 and werent even in the top 20... and most of those 2 previous classes didnt make it past their 2nd seasons

Blue chips Bright(academics) and Rouse(attitude) never really saw the field
Hardrick, Ball, Ward, Foster, and Kelly all gone before they really got PT

Blue chip Warren(home sick)
Ball(transfer), McDaniel(transfer), Rose(illness), Boatman, Hillery(grades)

I doubt thats wasting talent... more like misfortune and I do think Jimbo is more component than than Shannon and Nix as much as it might hurt u to say it u miami fans kno Shannon isnt a great head coach
In FSU thread u said Jimbo will be fine as soon as he gets his talent in place. So why cant Shannon get time to get his talent? I think its too early to tell with either one but u already have some FSU fans questioning Jimbo's playcalling and coaching in big games. Just give them both more time and both programs should be back in 2 or 3 years.
 9 years ago '05        #4435
booker20 
space
space
 dipset kid0221 said:
In FSU thread u said Jimbo will be fine as soon as he gets his talent in place. So why cant Shannon get time to get his talent? I think its too early to tell with either one but u already have some FSU fans questioning Jimbo's playcalling and coaching in big games. Just give them both more time and both programs should be back in 2 or 3 years.
those FSU fans are idiots... and some realize it now theres quiet a few people saying that they jumped the gun and Ponder isnt as good as 1st thought... I just dont see Miami improving because once they drop a game they go in to the dumps and drop a game to a team like NCST... plus FSU hasnt had a losing season in 40 years or missed a bowl game, something that Shannon accomplished last year... I dont think him or Nix is a very good coach and I was praying during ur search that Schiano stayed at Rutgers. I mean why wouldnt u guys run the ball against us? you came out firing and lost the game in the 1st half even thought Ponder tried to give it back, its coaching decisions like that... As bad as we were at qb this year to win 9 games is an accomplishment and I that what i expected for the beginning of the season.. next year I expect us to win the ACC if not then its a failure
 9 years ago '05        #4436
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
Dedos nice sig n*gga :greetings10:

Originally Posted by Junior G
Miami has 0% chance against GT....and NC State will probably out smart you
like I said ME>
 9 years ago '05        #4437
booker20 
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
exactly what talent has shannon wasted?

name me ONE OF SHANNONS PLAYERS that he waste?

i mean marcus forston had 5 sacks

macrus robinson was a beast had 7 sacks :wow:

this freshman wide reciever class set records for TD's and completians :wow:

sean spence nuff said

brandon harris coming along

you already know what travis benjamin did

these are all true freshman.... THEY JUST GETTING THERE FEET WET!!!!

shannons watch started in 2007& 2008 thats his classes... you will never see a class like the 2006 class ever in miami... that will go down in the history books

just wait till lamar miller and bryce brown touch down

so please booker tell me what players?
losing record last season = wasted talent.... no excuses be real, if we was taking L like that I would say it was wasted too... this season for us coulda been wasted after that loss to Wake
 9 years ago '04        #4438
booie4 
space
space
The University of Miami is awaiting its bowl fate right which won't be known until next weekend, but what is known is what the 'Canes have returning in 2009.

A 7-5 regular season at the beginning of the season would have been considered successful and in large part. Disappointment has only resonated because the team was 7-3 with everyone on its plate and a chance at playing in the ACC Championship and the Orange Bowl on January 1st.

Instead the 'Canes are looking at a second or third tier level bowl game.

However, 2009 should bring lots of excitement with what the 'Canes have returning, especially at the skills positions.

Here is quick glimpse as to who is coming back next season on offense and the expectations as to who will start.

Note: I will not go into the possible incoming freshmen because no one is signed yet and I don't expect any of them to start as freshmen unlike this class.

Quarterbacks

Jacory Harris
Robert Marve
Cannon Smith
Taylor Cook

Who will start: Randy Shannon backed himself into a corner by naming Robert Marve the starter a week before the season began and saying that Marve would be the starter all season no matter how he played. That was a huge mistake as everyone saw because it was obvious all year that Jacory Harris was flat out better. Shannon now gets the opportunity starting this Spring to change his wrong into a right and name Harris the starter, not a starter who will play four or five series and then get pulled as has been the case all year with Marve, but a starter who is the starter and plays the entire game unless the game is a blowout or he gets hurt. Strategically, Shannon might not name Harris the starter until the Fall in order to keep Marve from transferring. Rumons have been floating around that Marve is looking at transferring to LSU. The writing could already be on the wall that Harris will be the starter next year.

Running Backs

Javarris James
Graig Cooper
Lee Chambers
Shawnbrey McNeal
Damien Berry

Who will start: As long as Javarris James can remain healthy, he will be the starter. But that's a huge if considering James has had the durability of a porcelain doll over the past two seasons. When he's on the field, he shows great promise, but he's spent more time off it than on it. At the same time, it's imperative that Damien Berry gain a better grasp of the offense because his career at UM is going up in a fizzle as the first two seasons of his career have been burned up playing Special Teams. Cooper has showed ability, but the fact is, we all know what Cooper brings to the table. He's a scat back that goes down when his shoelace gets touched. Getting run down and rag dolled by the N.C. State kicker Saturday showed the speed he has, or lack thereof. Lee Chambers and Shawnbrey McNeal might get some playing time, but it won't look much different than this season.

Fullback

Patrick Hill
John Calhoun

Who will start: This one is easy. Patrick Hill has been very good at fullback paving some nice holes. He definitely hits well. I'd like to see him get some more carries on a dive play considered he had outstanding rushing numbers in high school, but Hill is the starter next year without question unless he gets hurt.

Offensive Line

A.J. Trump
Matt Pipho
Jason Fox
Chris Barney
Ian Symontte
Orlando Franklin
Joel Figueroa
Ben Jones
Harland Gunn
Tyler Horn

Who will start: It's hard to complain the way this unit has performed. They've been solid for the most part this season and return four three next year, including Jason Fox, Orlando Franklin and Joel Figueroa. The key will be finding someone to play center. Will it be A.J. Trump? Will it be Matt Pipho? Will it be Tyler Horn? Someone will have to step up and take over for Xavier Shannon. Preferably, it will be Horn as he is a young player and will get the chance to develop rather than throwing in another one year fix. One thing remains a concern and that's depth. The 'Canes have little quality depth on the offensive line. Expect the other two starters to be Tyler Horn at center and A.J. Trump with possibly Ben Jones stepping in to play right tackle, his position in high school.

Wide Receiver

Aldraius Johnson
LaRon Byrd
Thearon Collier
Davon Johnson
Travis Benjamin
Sam Shields
Kendal Thompkins
Tommy Streeter
Jermaine McKenzie

Who will start: This all depends on the type of offense that Miami runs, but in a two receiver set, the starters should be Aldarius Johnson and Thearon Collier. They have been the most consistent and best wide receivers on the team this year and are the top two returning receivers in a position that is exceptionally deep. LaRon Byrd has shown playmaking ability as has Travis Benjamin, but Benjamin needs to gain some weight and get stronger. Kendal Thompkins and Tommy Streeter are coming off redshirt years so they will be on the bottom part of the depth chart, but they could turn some heads if given the opportunity. One thing remains certain, Johnson has to play 80% of the snaps. He's the best receiver on this team and it's not even close. The fact he's found himself on the bench so much in red zone situations is a major part of the reason the 'Canes are always kicking field goals in the red zone.

Tight End

Dedrick Epps
Richard Gordon
Trevaris Johnson
Daniel Adderly

Who will start: Dedrick Epps is clearly the starter. He's the best returning tight end. Richard Gordon has essentially done nothing since he's been at Miami and if Trevaris Johnson wasn't listed as a tight end, you'd never know he's a tight end. Daniel Adderly has spent two seasons wearing sweat pants on the sideline every game, so it wouldn't surprise if his transfer papers are already in order. That makes Epps the man. He has the chance to become an elite UM tight end if he can just become more consistent catching the ball and block better. He has pretty good speed and makes some great plays, but he drops some easy balls that he knows he should catch. The talent is there. It's all on him to use it.

Kicker

Matt Bosher
Jake Wieclaw

Who will start: This is even easier than fullback. Matt Bosher has been a great field goal kicker. No one can complain about that, but if Wieclaw can get better depth on kickoffs, he might be handling those duties next year
 9 years ago '04        #4439
booie4 
space
space
We continue with our look ahead to the 2009 season. This time we'll take a look at the defense.

This year's defense has also featured a number of freshmen, especially Sean Spence, who easily was the Freshman of the Year on the team this year as he made play after play this season.

So who returns and what are the expectations?

Again, we are not looking at the possible incoming signees as none are signed as of yet, only returning players.

Defensive End

Marcus Robinson
Andrew Smith
Adewale Ojomo
Courtney Harris
Steven Wesley
Allen Bailey
Gavin Hardin

Who will start: If this group can stay healthy, it should make for a very exciting unit as everyone who is currently in the rotation is returning next year. And Courtney Harris is expected to be back as well. Although there's not telling what Harris will bring to the team after a year on the sideline, what is a definite reality is that Marcus Robinson will be the top returning defensive end and he'll be a year more mature, physically bigger and more mature which makes for a scary player. He's already causing havoc in backfields and finds a way to get to the quarterback with his speed. His ten tackles in one game against N.C. State shows his ability to swarm to the ball and that he never gives up on plays. Allen Bailey should be the starter opposite of Robinson. He's steadily improved each week and will now have a year under his belt playing defensive end. Physically, Bailey is a freak and everyone knows it. It's simply a matter of him learning the nuances of the position. Every other defensive end will be in the rotation. One in particular, Ojomo, needs to quit finding the doghouse because his ability to dominate games is there. He's dominating one week and the next week he doesn't even play.

Defensive Tackle

Marcus Forston
Micanor Regis
Jeremy Lewis
Joe Joseph
Josh Holmes

Who will start: Defensive tackle remains a concern. It remains a position that is not deep. And losing Antonio Dixon and Dwayne Hendricks to graduation certainly doesn't help the situation. If the defensive ends progress all around you might see Bailey moved over to defensive tackle simply because of the lack of depth. An injury and this unit is in trouble. Luckily this year, injuries have not hit the defensive tackles, but with only five defensive tackles returning, one injury and there could be problems. Marcus Forston is easily the best returning tackle and starting next to him will be Joe Joseph. The other three will definitely have to elevate their games as they'll get plenty of playing time.

Linebacker

Darryl Sharpton
Sean Spence
Colin McCarthy
Kylan Robinson
Jordan Futch
Arthur Brown
Ramon Buchanan
Brandon Marti

Who will start: If Randy Shannon thinks he has little depth at linebacker now, he's in the same situation next year if the 'Canes can't find a freshman to step in and play immediately. Sean Spence, Colin McCarthy and Darryl Sharpton will likely begin the season as the starters, but expect for Jordan Futch to make a serious push at the strongside linebacker spot. McCarthy will probably play in the middle with Spence on the weakside. Arthur Brown has to start showing why he was the No. 6 ranked player in the nation in 2008, otherwise the word bust will start flying around. Buchanan also needs to get in the fray. As for Robinson, what he will do remains a mystery, but again, an injury or two to starters and the position could turn into a mess. Marti not even be here next year so who knows where he fits in.

Cornerback

Brandon Harris
Chavez Grant
DeMarcus Van Dke

Who will start: This is a scary situation here. The 'Canes only have three corners returning so they all better be ready to step their games up. Harris is the best of the three easily. Grant is the grandpa of the group, but he's likely going to be the nickel back with Harris and Van Dke starting on the outside. The incoming freshmen class is integral to the success of this unit, especially if one of these three goes down with any kind of injury. This might be the time to start looking at moving Ryan Hill, who was the No. 4 rated corner coming out of high school back to the position he was recruited to play. Otherwise, the 'Canes will be looking for a freshman to step up. The big problem with that is only Jamal Reid plays corner in high school. A.J. Highsmith plays QB. Brandon McGee plays safety and quarterback. Prince Kent plays safety and wide receiver.

Safety

Randy Phillips
Joseph Nicolas
Vaughn Telemaque
Joe Wylie
Ryan Hill
Jared Campbell
C.J. Holton

Who will start: Randy Phillips will return, but that doesn't mean he'll be a starter. Joseph Nicolas started pretty much all season, but he struggled incredibly at times. Quite frankly, safety is a wide open position. It would be lovely to see Vaughn Telemaque and C.J. Holton step up and take over at safety as they are both redshirt freshmen next year, but I'd expect that one of them will start alongside Phillips unless he completely stinks up Fall camp. Anthony Redd*ck is supposedly going to be petitioning for a sixth year. Some may believe that will help Miami. Some think not. I personally think not. The younger players are the future, not a sixth year senior who doesn't make a lot of plays to begin with. I'd look for Telemaque to start opposite Phillips with Holton pushing. Nicolas needs to work to stay in there. With the lack of depth at corner, Hill could be moved back to his original position. He definitely hasn't been that great at safety.

Punter

Matt Bosher

Who will start: Until someone else steps up, the job remains Bosher's.
 9 years ago '04        #4440
booie4 
space
space
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- A two-week break from football before bowl preparations begin couldn't have come at a better time for his team, University of Miami coach Randy Shannon said.

Shannon attributed much of Miami's 38-28 loss to N.C. State Saturday to sluggish play due to many of the freshmen feeling the fatigue of playing an entire college football season.

"I think we might have hit a wall to the point where we have used them enough and I think it is a great time for a break for those guys," Shannon said.

"It was almost like guys lost that extra step or extra punch. I have been warning our coaching staff that when you play young guys, you don't know if you play them too much when that wall is going to come."

Now the Hurricanes, losers of their final two games of the season, will get a chance to relax during the next two weeks as players will suspend football activity and focus on studying for their final exams.

Shannon said the young players on defense in particular looked like "they were in mud." The UM defense allowed N.C. State to rack up 439 total yards of offense and it was the first time all season Miami allowed over 200 yards in both rushing and passing.

Defensive lineman Marcus Robinson, linebacker Sean Spence, and cornerback Brandon Harris are true freshmen who started the game while tackle Marcus Forston was a big part of the rotation on the defensive line.

Offensively, Travis Benjamin did not make the trip to N.C. State because of an ankle injury he sustained against Virginia Tech.

"They are trying so hard, but they don't have it in them," Shannon said. "When you have a young team, they are going to have the energy all the time, but for some reason if your body can't do it, you can't do it."

"We are not where we need to be at and we still need to keep developing the depth to the point where you can roll the linebackers in and out at times."

Spence was a player who Shannon highlighted in particular as a freshman who has not been very productive the last few games. Shannon said that is a product of the Colin McCarthy injury and Spence having to play more snaps and get worn down.

Against N.C. State Spence totaled just two tackles.

"When is the last time you saw Sean Spence make a play? That was the strip (against Virginia) what did he do before then? It has been a while. Colin McCarthy has not been playing."

"It was Colin, Darryl, Glenn and Sean playing. Sean is playing about 30 plays and he is going to make some big plays here and there. It ain't the same Sean no more [now] because now Sean has to play 65 plays plus kick return plus punt and we don't have a backup for him right now...It looks like he has hit a wall because the productivity is not where it was at."

Miami will take off the next two weeks and the only football activity will be lifting weights. Shannon says he looks for his young team to get refreshed during this break and come back fresh for the bowl preparations.

"We are going back in the weight room four times a week until when ever we start practicing again," Shannon said. "We are going to be getting stronger for the bowl game and also next season. We have all these players that are young and you know your body can take it because you have had one full season in the strength and conditioning program with the weight room. Some of them are still living off August."
Home      

most viewed right now
Tig ol Bittie Ms. Christine Lashawn
43 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside When you try to sell 4 new games and a system and GameStop offers $30
91 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is she too pretty to be a pornstar?
129 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Who is Currently your NFL MVP?
85 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
FCC plan would give Internet providers power to choose the sites customers see..
206 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Lit UPS Worker delivering a package near you soon
82 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside ‘Aquaman:’ Director James Wan Says His Film Won’t Use Air Bubbles Like..
30 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Cormega Responds To The Steve Stoute Interview Via IG
86 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy