Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Mulann Milla: I Knocked Young MA Out When We Fought! (Young MA Is Fakin..
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Zombie Pr0stitute & 10 Others Arrested for Pr0stitution (Myrtle Be..
67 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA This Nigga still can't produce a Son
82 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Biggest Disappointment So Far in the East?
60 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #4401
K-Train 19 heat pts19
space
space
$3,564 | Props total: 47 47
Our team needs to learn how to ADJUST in the Second half. That is something we have failed to do, in the past few years. We were being WAY to conservative with screens and short passes. We need to go deep with all the speed that we have. Our Defense was on point tonight though.
 8 years ago '04        #4402
booie4 
space
space
$4,878 | Props total: 596 596
We need to pay attention to OC's over the course of this season, because Nix is gone. I'm done with this dude. Defense played really good.
 8 years ago '04        #4403
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,797 | Props total: 1400 1400
 booie4 said:
We need to pay attention to OC's over the course of this season, because Nix is gone. I'm done with this dude. Defense played really good.
sh*t my n*gga i started paying attention and looking for OC's as soon as the game was over. fu*k patrick nix.
 8 years ago '06        #4404
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,683 | Props total: 12219 12219

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

ENJOY EM WHILE HE'S HERE ... HE WILL BE 3 YEARS AND OUT!!!

WHAT A BEAST MAN!!!

[pic - click to view]

BOSHER >>>>>>>>>>>>
 8 years ago '05        #4405
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
whats good bx fam

just literally got in from gainesville...was a great fu*king weekend with the exception for the game...the atmosphere was fu*king great. surprisingly the fans werent jerks like like fsu fans..i sat in the student section and had no encounters like in tally last yr where i got bottles of water thrown at me and my friends at the fsu student section...i sat with my 2 boys who are gator fans, for a good three quarters they were acting as if they were the ones losing...even tho we lost i was content with our peformance, defense was on point and kept us in the game, once our offense develops were gonna be good...its a shame were not gonna play for a while at the swamp again. ima prolly be in my 30s if the canes ever play in gville again
 8 years ago '04        #4406
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
UM FOOTBALL
Recruits take note of Canes' gritty play
UM coach Randy Shannon said he received calls throughout the night from high school players praising the underdog in Saturday's 26-3 loss to Florida.

University of Miami football coach Randy Shannon said his phone rang for hours following the Hurricanes' 26-3 loss to No. 5 Florida in Gainesville on Saturday.

Shannon said the calls were from recruits, congratulating the Hurricanes coach for a well-played game and confirming their allegiance to UM. Despite the lopsided score, the Hurricanes' gritty performance -- they trailed 9-3 after three quarters -- has drawn the attention of teenagers who might want to be part of the rebuilding process and now know they have a chance to play early.

Said Shannon: 'We had more kids calling us last night from 1 to 4 in the morning. [They would say,] `Coach I'm still coming to Miami. I'm excited about it, Coach. You guys played well.' ''

When asked how the game affected recruiting, Shannon made a cryptic statement that appeared to reflect his disappointment at UF coach Urban Meyer choosing to throw the ball into the end zone near the end of the game. Shannon, however, refused to name Meyer.

''I'll just say this one statement,'' Shannon said. ``Sometimes when you do things, and people see what type of person you really are, you turn a lot of people off. Now, whatever you want to get out of that, I won't say it again. But it helped us. It helped us more than you'll ever know.''

The loss was quite a contrast from the second game of last season, when the Hurricanes were humiliated on national television in a 51-13 road loss against then-No. 5 Oklahoma. That day, the Canes left Norman, Okla., with little to rally around.

But Saturday, the Hurricanes left Gainesville with hope that the experience at UF will help them improve for their next game -- another tough place to play. Miami has this weekend off before traveling to College Station, Texas, to play Texas A&M on Sept. 20.

''I think we're a whole lot better than we were last year when we went to Oklahoma,'' Shannon said. ``Same situation, same ranked team, but different deal. A loss is a loss no matter how you do it. But we've got to keep improving from last year to the next game to the next.''

The Hurricanes were helped at UF by an infusion of young talent. Freshman linebacker Sean Spence made five tackles (two for 14 yards in losses) and a sack, and freshman quarterback Robert Marve completed more than half his passes without turning the ball over.

The defense flustered Gators quarterback Tim Tebow by shutting down the run, and the offense managed to grind time off the clock despite struggling to sustain drives.

Tebow needed two long, fourth-quarter drives to give the Gators some separation.

''I think we've closed the gap,'' Shannon said. "Are we a lot better than we were last year? Yes. Are we a lot better . . . with this football team competing and playing hard and f!ghting? Yes.''

• The Hurricanes lost an important part of their running attack Saturday when tailback Javarris James left the game after only two carries. Shannon said he wasn't sure about the extent of James' injury, but that he thought it was a high ankle sprain. That type of injury can keep a player out for several weeks.

''That was probably one of the biggest things that hurt us offensively,'' Shannon said. "Because Javarris is our big back and we weren't able to use our big back in a game like this where you've got to pound it, pound it, pound it.''
 8 years ago '04        #4407
booie4 
space
space
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Sean Spence made a statement on Saturday.

With the Hurricanes trailing 23-3 in the fourth quarter, Gators quarterback Tim Tebow fired a pass to Brandon James in the flat.

Spence met James as soon as he caught the ball and laid a big hit on him resulting in a five-yard loss. Nearly everyone in attendance wanted to see a replay of the perfectly timed hit, which is exciting for Miami fans considering he's only a freshman.

"He's a tough little guy. He got up and shook it off," said Spence, a 6-foot, 202-pound linebacker.

And based on his performance against the Gators--five tackles, two for a loss, and one sack--along with how he has performed on the practice field, Spence is on his way to being a star.

"He played well for us," coach Randy Shannon said. "That's one of the young guys for the future of this program who did well. He did a tremendous job."

Spence said: "I felt good. I went out there and played my role."

Spence was the only Hurricane to record a sack on Tebow as Spence brought down the reigning Heisman Trophy Winner in the first half on a 3rd-and-4 situation in the second quarter for a 9-yard loss.

The defense held strong throughout the first three quarters keeping Miami in the game as the Gators scored just one touchdown on their opening drive and recorded a safety on a blocked punt.

"The defensive scheme for the linebackers was to move around to confuse them a little bit," Spence said.

Overall, Spence was happy with the defense's effort in the game as they allowed 345 total yards--102 coming in the final quarter.

"For the first three quarters, I was very excited that we only held them to nine points as they are one of the highest scoring teams in the SEC," Spence said. "In the fourth quarter, we just have to do what coach Shannon preaches to us every day in practice and that is to finish, finish, finish."

Defensive coordinator Bill Young had a good defensive scheme in plan to keep the Gators offense frustrated and allow the UM defensive players to be in good position.

"We did what coach Young emphasizes and try to rattle them a little bit," Spence said. "Once you get to learn everything, get everything down pat, know what you're doing, and know your a.ssignment, it is very easy playing in his system."

Spence flourished in the game and received a lot of playing time alongside Glenn Cook and Colin McCarthy.

"He made some plays," Shannon said. "He did a nice job and Coach Young did a good job of blitzing him and using his talents and things like that, even making plays. That is why we use him in the rotation with those older guys all the time."

Prior to the season, ESPN's national recruiting analyst Tom Luginbill listed Spence as one of the nation's top five impact freshman.

"He fits the mold of the undersized outside (linebacker) that can run sideline to sideline," Luginbill said.

With his performance, Spence, currently a back-up, could be challenging junior Darryl Sharpton for a starting position although Sharpton did have six tackles in the game.

Miami resumes practice Wednesday afternoon as they have an off week this week before facing Texas A&M on September 20.

"Even though we have a young team and we have a lot of young guys on our team and we showed we can play with anybody," Spence said.
 8 years ago '04        #4408
booie4 
space
space
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- According to Miami Coach Randy Shannon, while nothing has been officially been diagnosed by the athletic trainers, it is believed Javarris James sustained a high ankle sprain against Florida Saturday night.

James left the game with 4:23 to go in the first quarter and never returned. He was seen on the sideline with crutches and a boot on his affected leg. James totaled four yards on two carries against Florida.

Shannon will find out more details on the injury later today after he meets with the training staff.

"I will find out today," Shannon said. "He left the game with a high ankle sprain and you know how those are. They are tough for running backs to run on. He has a high ankle sprain as far as I know right now. We will know more today when the doctors come in and we meet as a staff."

Recovery for high ankle sprains vary with the severity of the injury, but usually it takes anywhere from 4-8 weeks until the injury is fully healed.

"That is the thing, because bodies heal different," Shannon said. "High ankle sprain can be three to four weeks or it can be a week and a half or two. It depends on when his body can heal fast."

According to Shannon, losing James during the Florida game was one of the toughest obstacles the offense had to overcome.

"That was probably one of the biggest things that hurt us offensively because Javarris is our big back and we weren't able to use our big back in a game like this," Shannon said. "We weren't able to pound it. Javarris was the bang guy that could probably get his 20-yard bursts or 40-yard bursts because he is a physical back."

In James' absence, running backs Graig Cooper, Derron Thomas, and Shawnbrey McNeal combined to run the ball for 55 yards on 24 carries against Florida.

James has started 23 of the 27 games he has played in during his career at Miami while totaling 1,461 yards and nine touchdowns.
 8 years ago '04        #4409
booie4 
space
space
Overall Miami should feel good about the way they played with Florida, a top five team in the country.

Here are five things from the game that have me excited going into the Texas A&M game.

5. Sean Spence

When Spence was on the field at Florida, he was Miami's best defensive player. As a true freshman, he might be the most technically sound player on the defense. When Spence tackles a player, they go down immediately. Miami found their next great linebacker in Spence while at Florida. Oh and by the way, Spence was the only player on the Miami defense who was able to sack Tim Tebow.

4. Offensive line in pass protection

The line allowed a couple sacks late in the game when the Gators knew the pass was coming, but for the majority of the game the offensive line protected the quarterbacks well. For most of the game, Florida threw some tough blitzes at the offensive line, but they picked them up rather well. The area the line must improve going into the Texas A&M game: commit fewer penalties.

3. Play of Robert Marve and Jacory Harris

I know Marve and Harris didn't put up spectacular numbers against Florida, but remember these guys are freshmen and the fact that they didn't turn the ball over in The Swamp is very impressive. In five road games last year, Miami's quarterbacks combined to throw nine interceptions. For the most part Marve and Harris played in one of the country's nastiest venues in primetime with great poise and maturity.

2. Recruiting impact

I know Florida won the game, but the fact that Miami played so many freshmen and that the game was close through three quarters had to impress recruits. Miami can now tell a recruit, 1.) we will play you as a freshman in big games like this and 2.) we are only a player or two away from beating a team like Florida, so come to our school and we will build something great. The fact that Miami lost to Florida won't hurt them in recruiting.

1. The defense is back

Miami's defense flustered the reigning Heisman Trophy winner and bottled up the most explosive offense in the country for three quarters Saturday. The front seven of the defense executed the zone-blitz defensive scheme beautifully. The fact that Miami still hasn't forced a turnover on defense is a little concerning, but I have no doubt they will come in the next game. Imagine what the defense will do to the lesser offenses they face in the coming weeks.
 8 years ago '04        #4410
booie4 
space
space
For three quarters the University of Miami looked like it might have a chance to pull off what would have to be considered a "miraculous" upset in The Swamp Saturday night.

But those hopes ended when Percy Harvin scored at the start of the fourth quarter giving the Gators a 16-3 lead that was simply too much for the 'Canes offense that spent much its time going nowhere.

While there are a number of positive things to take from Miami's performance Saturday night, including Matt Bosher's 50-yard field that he kicked with great confidence to the fact that Bosher was not afraid to make some powerful tackles against Florida speed demons.

Other positives included the following:

? Defensive coordinator Bill Young was ready. He put together a plan to stop Florida and it worked for three quarters. If anyone told me that the 'Canes defense would have held Florida to seven points for three quarters, I'd say they were crazy. And I am sure most 'Canes would have been stunned. Even better, the only reason they gave up the seven is because the Gators got the ball at the 35-yard line to start the passion.

? Sean Spence is clearly of the best defensive players on the University of Miami defense right now, if not the best. There isn't any doubt he should be starting with Glenn Cook and Colin McCarthy. He was in on play after play after play. He laid a vicious hit in the fourth quarter and picked up Miami's only sack of Tim Tebow rag dolling the quarterback that outweighs him by 40-50 pounds.

? Glenn Cook looks like a different player. He won't be losing the starting middle linebacker spot any time soon. He looked very good against Florida and made a lot of plays. My opinion has changed of him. He really looks like a leader out there.

? Brandon Harris is another one who should be in the starting line up. He's the best cover corner Miami has right now. Chavez Grant bit up on the first touchdown pass for some inexplicable reason with Tebow rolling out facing major pressure. If he stays home, he knocks the ball away and the Gators have to kick a field goal. Harris just has that swagger and he needs to be on the field covering the opponent's best receiver.

? The defensive line, for the most part, played very well. They got good pressure on Tebow sans the first series where the defensive ends failed miserably in containment as they got pinned inside allowing Tebow to roll out freely. But most of the game, the defensive line did a very good job.

Now to what drove me nuts, and I am not the only one because as I walked back to my car Saturday night, I ran into Sam Shields' mother and father as well as Jacory Harris' father, not to mention a number of other Hurricanes fans who were crying for the same thing I and a number of other media members were bemoaning:

? Play calling, play calling, play calling - on offense. If what offensive coordinator Patrick Nix called for a game is the best he can come up with, he will be out of a job at the end of the season. You pray for his success, but he has to do a better job of mixing it up. He is the absolute antithesis of Bill Young right now. While Young looked like he knew what he was doing, Nix's play calling made him look confused and clueless? While I understand the 'Canes were trying to play it conservative to stay in the game and keep the Gators offense off the field, to win against a top five team on the road, you have to take chances. While it's okay to play it somewhat close to the vest for a portion of the game, how does Robert Marve get any better if you don't let him throw the ball? The 'Canes threw the ball 22 times and only twice did the ball go downfield. More than half of the passes Marve and Jacory Harris threw were dump offs in the flat or screens that never worked. Players told me early in the week they saw weaknesses in Florida's secondary and that they were going to downfield. Nix never tested them. There was not one crossing route thrown, not one post pattern thrown, nothing over the middle, no trick plays (remember you are a 22 ˝ point underdog), nothing out of the ordinary. The 'Canes essentially ran five offensive plays in different variations over a 60 minute football game. Wide receiver screen left and right, running back draw play, quarterback draw and a quarterback sweep. It was brutal and painful to watch. With the score 9-3, the chatter on the sideline was, the 'Canes were one play from making it 10-9 (offensive or defensive) and having a lead in the second half. Had that happened, the mood of The Swamp would have changed. With that being the case, why did Nix not take one chance? Instead, it was screen, draw, screen, punt. It almost makes me wonder aloud if Nix ever saw film of Marve in high school. While I am sure he did, he needs to refresh himself on it and watch how Marve threw 48 touchdown passes and over 4,300 yards. That means he can throw the ball. Give him a chance to do that. When you are such a big underdog, if you lose, who cares, you were supposed to lose. But a couple of big plays and you have a shocking win. But we'll never know now because Nix refused to take a chance.

? It's time to play a certain amount of receivers. It was cute against Charleston Southern, but the 'Canes played nine receivers against Florida, too many. Aldarius Johnson is probably Miami's best receiver, but this constant in and out doesn't work. He caught almost 200 passes from his sophomore to senior year in high school. He's got two catches in two games at UM. You can't be a game changer or playmaker if you are never getting the ball thrown your way. And the constant change in receivers affects the quarterback-receiver chemistry. Leonard Hankerson is currently listed as the starter. That needs to change. He dropped three passes including the first pass of the game. Sam Shields is barely getting on the field. He was expected to be one of the main targets. There is simply massive confusion at the receiver position and it needs to get figured out quickly. Five, maybe six receivers should play in a game, not 9 or 10. And that's with Davon Johnson not traveling and with Jermaine McKenzie still injured.

? Damien Berry was considered the 'Canes best Special Teams players last year. He was a demon. He was suspended last week against Charleston Southern. Does that mean you don't play him on Special Teams? If there was a glaring weakness Saturday night, it was Special Teams. Matt Bosher should not have to make tackles on kick offs or punts and he had to do that three times. Berry would make a difference there. Get him back on Special Teams immediately.

? Play one quarterback. I am one of Jacory Harris' biggest supporters, but if Marve is the starter, make him the starter and play him as the starter throughout the entire game, i.e. the back up does not play unless the starter is completely terrible or gets hurt. Marve had just led a 16-play drive that led to Miami's only points of the game. The defense then produced a three and out. And the next possession Harris was in the game. Just because Randy Shannon said he was going to play Harris doesn't mean he had to do it. He has the right, as head coach, to change his mind. And that was not the time to mess with the QB situation when Marve was finally getting his feet wet.
 8 years ago '04        #4411
booie4 
space
space
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Miami Coach Randy Shannon addressed the media Sunday morning following the 26-3 loss to Florida Saturday night.

Read on for the transcript of Shannon's meeting with the media.

Opening statement

"After reviewing the Florida film, we had some opportunities to get some things done and we didn't. We went into the game saying we need to take it into the fourth quarter and get the crowd out of it in the first quarter and we did. We felt like we had a great opportunity to do it grinding the ball out and it was so close that if we were able to capitalize on a play--one of the calls in the game was the turning point and after that happened, we didn't overcome it, but we kept playing hard. The thing we need to do as a team is find a way to get a turnover on defense or maybe a special teams turnover--something that gives us a little bit of wow here it is. Then I think we would have pulled it off. We didn't have those plays happen in the game for us. We have to find a way to get those plays in a place like Florida on the road."

On the body language and respnse of the defense after the overturned reception and if they had a let-down after that play...

"They did a good job of responding to it, Florida did, but it was more our guys not paying attention defensively on what we need to do. We made adjustments and we stopped them, but then they come back with the same formation and the same plays and some guys go brain locked. That's football. Guys are going to make mistakes and we have to keep building on."

On how Robert Marve and Jacory Harris handled the speed of the game...

"They were ok. They didn't turn the ball over. They threw the ball and got it in people's hands. When nothing was there, they took off running, which is good. That is what we wanted them to do, get the ball into guys' hands and they threw a couple of hitches to the receivers and routes to the tight ends and we took shots down the field. There were opportunities and shots. Hankerson had the guy beat and the ball has got to be thrown in-bounds and we will make that play and that is the play of the game."

On his thoughts on the reviewed catch that was ruled complete...

"Possession? His body was out of bounds. They said his elbow was in-bounds. His whole body was out. You make your own judgment on what it was. The rule is that if your body is out of bounds, your body is out of bounds. Really, you are supposed to get both feet in-bounds. The elbow didn't hit first."

On if the refs talked to him about the possession on the catch...

"Nope, they didn't talk to me about it. I tried to talk to them and they didn't talk."

On if he thought the pass interference call that led to a touchdown was a catchable ball...

"That is all I wanted to know is if it was uncatchable or not. They didn't tell me. It is what it is. Like I told [the refs] before the game, you guys are going to make the calls on what you see is right. You are officials and you are going to do the right things that are right. I may disagree with maybe three calls in the game that would have made the difference in the game, but you know what? They made the calls and I can disagree with them, but they are officials. They don't have instant replay in their head and they don't have video cameras that they can go and look at. Some times you have to let teams play and if you are going to do that, you have to call it both ways."

On if there was any though on opening up the passing game...

"We did open up the passing game. We threw the ball downfield. What you want us to throw, eighty times a game? The tight end caught an out-route for about eight yards. We threw to Hankerson deep and we tried to get one to Travis Benjamin deep, we tried to get one to Same Shields deep, and we ran tight ends cross deep. Where do you want to throw the ball at?"

On if he was surprised the running game couldn't produce more...

"No, we wanted to keep the ball close to the fourth quarter. We had shots in the run-game. We hit some for eight, nine, and six yards and then we would get stuffed for one or two minus yards. That is going to happen when you play in a game like this. Two teams that are physical on defense and you try to run the ball and take the pressure off the quarterback, which we did, he didn't turn the ball over and he made the right reads.

On why the offense had an issue in sustaining drives...

"It was more of the rhythm of everything. You look at the first play of the game and then the second and third play of the game, you had two drops by veteran receivers. It wasn't a rookie receiver. It was two veteran receivers. Then we are moving the ball downfield and you get an illegal procedure penalty by Rutledge. When you got a rhythm going with a team, penalties are going to k!ll you. We rotated a lot of young guys and young guys have to get that experience in the game. They did a good job of manning us up on the outside with those young guys. It happens, but the young guys have to experience it. But like Aldarius made a play when a guy was draped over him. Those things are going to happen, but we have to get better. If we don't play the young guys and we just play the veterans, you never know and you won't get any better."

On penalties being key plays in the game and changing momentum...

"I'll give you some key things that happened in the game. Third down situation, Ojomo is offsides. That is a big play in the game on the first drive if I am not mistaken. Orlando Franklin, we punt the ball and go into halftime and we are down 7-3. Now that block punt was a momentum changer. They weren't going to try and go block a punt at that point and time because it was to far upfield. Now we move down closer to the end-zone and that is what coaches do is go for the block punt. With the Rutledge penalty, we have a drive rolling and we got down to the 30-yardline and a penalty comes and they move you back first and 15. The guys didn't panic, but those things can't happen. I will give you another one: the Antonio Dixon late hit. Yeah, the guy caught it for a 15-yard reception, but now tack on another 15 yards. Those things in a game like that are crucial. Those are four crucial penalties. I think as a team we cut down the penalties, but if you take those four penalties, those are crucial situations."
 8 years ago '04        #4412
booie4 
space
space
On if he feels better about this team after the Florida game...

"I think we are a whole lot better this year than we were from Oklahoma a year ago from now. It was the same situation and the same ranked team, but it is a different deal. A loss is a loss no matter how you do it, but we have to keep improving from last year to the next game to the next game. We did some good things this week, but we did some bad things this week."

On if off week makes it hard to keep team in rhythm...

"No, just go back and practice and get back in the rhythm of practicing and doing things like that. One thing about these young guys, they don't know any better. If you look at the game, it wasn't the young guys who screwed up. The young guys didn't screw up besides Adewale Ojomo with an offsides. Sean Spence didn't screw up and the young receivers and quarterbacks didn't screw up. They don't know any better. All they know is go full speed and play hard. That is why I don't worry about the young guys."

On the play of Sean Spence...

"He made some plays. He did a nice job and Coach Young did a good job of blitzing him and using his talents and things like that, even making plays. That is why we use him in the rotation with those older guys all the time."

On the play of the secondary...

"They did well, but they gave up too many deep balls. Van Dke gave up a corner route, which he should have been outside making a play. His eyes got him looking in the backfield. The other touchdown by the tight end in the corner was a bust. It wasn't a cornerback, but it was someone else who bust."

On the latest on Javarris James...

"I don't know, I will find out today. He left the game with a high ankle sprain and you know how those are. They are tough for running backs to run on. He has a high ankle sprain as far as I know right now. We will know more today when the doctors come in and we meet as a staff."

"That was probably one of the biggest things that hurt us offensively because Javarris is our big back and we weren't able to use our big back in a game like this. We weren't able to pound it. Cooper is a changeup guy. When you have to force Cooper in that role and you have a bunch of changeup guys--we have Derron and Shawnbrey--but that is the one thing we missed was that Javarris was the bang guy that could probably get his 20-yard bursts or 40-yard bursts because he is a physical back. We aren't going to get that from the other guys and we knew it. That is one of the biggest loss of the game offense wise."

On if there is cause for big concern with high ankle sprain and Javarris...

"That is the thing, because bodies heal different. High ankle sprain can be three to four weeks or it can be a week and a half or two. It depends on when his body can heal fast."

On Allen Bailey and Eric Moncur...

"They did well chasing the ball. You could tell they were a little rusty, but for the most part they chased well and got after it. I wasn't expecting for them to go out there and light the world up, but they did a lot of great things to help other people make plays. A couple of times Eric had pressures and he was just a step slow, which is normal coming back."

On if the Florida game is a step forward that he likes seeing...

"We played with them until there wasn't much time left to go in the fourth quarter. Still, when you have an opportunity, you have to capitalize on it, but that is why I wanted to see where we stand at with this young team. Where are we at? Are we up here or are we down here? Where are we compared to the top five teams in the country. Have we closed the gap on where we need to be at?"

"I think we closed the gap. Are we a lot better than we were last year? Yes. Are we a lot better from what I see with this football team that they compete the whole game and keep f!ghting? Yes."

On the defensive plan to stop Tebow...

"We were going to make Florida throw the football and execute it. We did a great job except for two drives in the game. On those two drives, it was huge for the simple fact that we had them backed up and they went 95 yards and then they went 86 yards. Those are the drives that Tebow got his yards on. The possession time was equal the number of plays was equal. The only thing was those two drives that hey had, they had big pass plays in those situations. Those were key situations that they took shots at."

On Matt Bosher's game...

"His first kick, he came right off the sideline and said I rushed it coach it won't happen again. The next punts, he was fine. The 50-yard field goal is what we expect out of Bosher. He is an athlete and our kickoff coverage, that was unacceptable and our punt team was unacceptable and we will evaluate that and make changes probably. We have to be a lot better. We have athletes and guys who can run down there and get it done. Sometimes we looked good on it and sometimes we didn't."

On guys wrapping up on defense while tackling...

"It has been stressed during practice. They are trying to go for k!lls shots. You are going to see the same guys do it all the time. It is going to be Darryl Sharpton. He is the number one guy, I will tell you right now. He will run in there and won't try to wrap up, he will just use his force. The next guy is Colin McCarthy. Coach Barrow grinds on them about wrapping up and getting guys down on the ground instead of making the crowd excited about it."

On if Shannon will re-evaluate this week on how to get the ball to his playmakers on offense...

"Florida did a good job. Our receivers did not do a good job of getting open. We ran our route combinations and ran five or six different route combinations and they didn't get open. Like I told them guys, you are young, but you came to the University of Miami to play and you have to get open. You have to find a way to get off that ball and get the ball to you."

On the affect the game last night had on recruiting...

"You know what? Me and Coach Hurtt had more kids calling us last night from one o'clock until about four o'clock in the morning. 'Coach I am still coming to Miami and I am excited about it coach. You guys played well.' I will just say this one statement. Sometimes when you do things and people see the type of person that you really are, you turn a lot of people off. I won't say more than that, but it helped us. It helped us more than you will ever know."
 8 years ago '04        #4413
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
TRR: '09 class impressed by effort in Swamp

In case you missed our first episode of The Recruit Report, this is a new weekly feature I've added to our Eye On The U lineup to keep Canes fans in tune with what future recruits are doing at the high school level.

As many of you know, coach Randy Shannon told reporters Sunday he was thrilled by the number of phone calls he received from recruits after his team's 26-3 loss to fifth-ranked Florida in the Swamp. Tonight, I spoke to three members of UM's current 2009 recruiting class -- Wichita running back Bryce Brown, Plantation cornerback Brandon McGee, and Hialeah American defensive end Olivier Vernon -- who all said they liked what they saw from the Canes.

"Honestly, I think national championship in a year or two," McGee said. "That defense is sick. [Robert] Marve did pretty well. I just think the fact their still young and already doing those things should tell everybody we'll be the real deal soon. As time goes on, we'll get better. When I went to school today, some of my teammates were ragging on me. But UF did what it was supposed to do. I definitely think Miami impressed a lot of people with the outcome of the game. It was only 9-3 in the fourth quarter. If Florida is supposed to be that good, I can't wait to see what happens when our guys grow up."

Brown, the younger brother of Canes freshman linebacker Arthur Brown, said he watched the game live at home and was just as impressed as the rest of UM's current commitments. "I think the future is promising for Miami. I was very impressed with the defense," Brown said. "I thought offensive wise, coach [Patrick] Nix did a good job with the playcalling. The running backs need to be more confident, establish themselves more and some guys dropped some passes. But they'll get that fixed in practice. Definitely, anybody that knows football knows Miami is going to be a great team in the future. I think they're more ahead than they are supposed to be. They are definitely impressing me. I'm just excited and can't wait to get there."

I'll have more to share with you tomorrow from my conversation with Bryce -- including why he changed his official trip to UM from this coming weekend to December and why he'll be visiting TCU instead. But for now, here's how the Canes' future did in high school last week.

Bryce Brown, RB, 6-0, 215, Wichita East, Kan.: Brown's season got off to a great start with a 33-7 win over Wichita North in which he ran the ball 22 times for 146 yards and three touchdowns. It was his first game without big brother Arthur, but also his first game in a new spread offense without a lead blocker according to the Wichita Eagle. "I learned a lot tonight," Brown told the newspaper. "I learned, with the spread offense, you've got to be patient. I was trying to press it and do the things that I'm used to doing, like getting outside real fast. But with the field spread wide, you've got to be a little more patient."

A.J. Highsmith, QB, 6-0. 186, Fort Bend (TX) Hightower: The son of former Hurricane running back Alonzo Highsmith had a bye last week. But if you want to check out how he does all season, just visit his team page at The Houston Chronicle.

Mike James, RB, 5-11, 211, Davenport Ridge: After an impressive kickoff classic victory two weeks ago, James followed it up a solid outing in a 27-0 win over Avon Park. According to The Lakeland Ledger, James ran 116 yards on 18 carries with two touchdowns. He also had 38 receiving yards.

Prince Kent, ATH, 6-3, 195, Norcross (GA): Norcross didn't play last week. They had a bye. But I did find out how Kent did in his first two games thanks to the team's booster website. In a season-opening loss 21-6 loss to Camden, Kent hauled in 8 passes for 83 yards. In a 24-17 win against South Gwinnett two weeks ago, Kent had 3 catches for 73 yards. He also starts at safety in the secondary.

Brandon McGee, DB, 5-11, 186, Plantation High: McGee's days as a two-way player may finally be over. The emergence of Immoni Carswell at quarterback allowed McGee last week to play strictly at cornerback for the first time in his career. In Plantation's 40-7 win over South Broward, McGee had four tackles and two pass breakups. "I only had two passes thrown my way and had one reception in front of me during a Cover 3," McGee said. "I think I'm doing quite well. Corner is kind of natural to me. I'm just getting the defensive instincts down."

Stephen Plein, TE, 6-6, 240, Fort Myers High: The Green Wave opened their season with a 14-7 win against Lehigh at home. Not a word on Plein in the Fort Myers News-Press.

Curtis Porter, DT, 6-2, 334, Charlotte Victory Christian: Tropical Storm Hanna canceled Porter's game against North Hampton last Friday night. Here's what else the Charlotte Observer reported.

Luther Robinson, DT, 6-3, 280, Fort Pierce Westwood: Robinson's team pulled off an impressive 21-19 win against Vero Beach according to TCPalm.com.

Billy Sanders, TE, 6-4, 235, Lake City Coueru d'Alene, Idaho: Sanders, who moved from Phoenix Brophy Prep to Idaho, lost his first game of the season 33-17 according to IdahoSports.com.

Olivier Vernon, DE, 6-3, 239, Hialeah American: The Patriots suffered a disappointing 30-24 loss to Coral Reef. Vernon, who said he might play some linebacker this season, lined up only at defensive end. He said he had sack, blocked field goal and a handful of tackles. "We came out flat-footed," Vernon said. "I guess we deserved that loss." Vernon said his father recorded Miami's game against Florida and he watched it on Sunday. "I wasn't surprised. I knew it would be a good game. The freshmen came in -- especially Sean Spence -- they looked good." Vernon said other schools are still coming after him hard and he's decided to schedule official visits to Alabama on Dec. 12 and South Florida on Dec. 5. But he says he still is committed to Miami and likes the fact so many freshmen are getting a chance to play. "I know for sure I can get out there and get some playing time," Vernon said.

Cory White, TE, 6-5, 234, Fleming Island: White's team opened the season with an impressive 31-6 victory against Middleburg. White didn't catch any balls at tight end and played the entire night at tackle. Here is a link to the team's website.
the recruits all know what the deal is

although i dont know what game bryce was watching
 8 years ago '04        #4414
booie4 
space
space
good sh*t madness
 8 years ago '06        #4415
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space

next game will be on ABC !!! MO MONEY MO MONEY!!!:applause:
 8 years ago '04        #4416
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
javarris james expected to miss 2-4 with his high ankle sprain, guess we'll be seeing alot of coop, derron thomas, and shawnbrey mcneal
 8 years ago '06        #4417
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI LEADS IN NFL PLAYERS;
A LOOK AT 2008 NFL KICKOFF WEEKEND ROSTERS

MIAMI LEADS THE WAY: For the third consecutive season, the University of Miami has the most players on NFL Kickoff rosters, the NFL announced today. This year, Miami has 44 players on NFL rosters, following 42 in 2006 and 46 in 2007.
A total of 252 colleges were represented on Kickoff 2008 Weekend rosters. Following are the top 10 colleges with the most players in the NFL:

COLLEGE
PLAYERS

COLLEGE
PLAYERS
Miami

Louisiana State
Florida State

Tennessee
Georgia

Texas
Michigan

Southern California
Ohio State

Florida
 8 years ago '04        #4418
1000bluntz 
space
space
$15,027 | Props total: 2227 2227

[pic - click to view]

Who the fu*k would wanna play for a crybaby pus*y???? n*gga done turned Miami into Cryami.
 8 years ago '04        #4419
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI LEADS IN NFL PLAYERS;
A LOOK AT 2008 NFL KICKOFF WEEKEND ROSTERS

MIAMI LEADS THE WAY: For the third consecutive season, the University of Miami has the most players on NFL Kickoff rosters, the NFL announced today. This year, Miami has 44 players on NFL rosters, following 42 in 2006 and 46 in 2007.
A total of 252 colleges were represented on Kickoff 2008 Weekend rosters. Following are the top 10 colleges with the most players in the NFL:

COLLEGE
PLAYERS

COLLEGE
PLAYERS
Miami

Louisiana State
Florida State

Tennessee
Georgia

Texas
Michigan

Southern California
Ohio State

Florida
NFL U!!!:applause:

roscoe!
frank!
andre!
reggie!
D.J.!
kellen!

i see yall!
[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '04        #4420
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
Ex-Canes star Warren Sapp, on a Showtime conference call Tuesday for Inside the NFL, called UF coach Urban Meyer ''a classless dirtbag'' for kicking a field goal late in Florida's 26-3 win against UM. ''But it's coming back in a big way'' when the teams meet in 2013, he said. Plantation's Brandon McGee, a senior who has committed orally to UM (as a cornerback), said UF's late field goal ''wasn't necessary at all.'' Canes coaches are privately steamed about Meyer's move, and UM people hope to get a chance for revenge in a bowl game.
:applause:
sapp >>>

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
J Prince really think he a godfather
162 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Guy Tricked By Tr@nny - Cringe Video
230 comments
24 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Kim Kardashian Allegedly Wants A Divorce From Kanye West
158 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Adult Entertainer That Sold Out Her Race
93 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
108 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Keep it 100: Would you jump in this 3some
67 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Trevor Noah Spittin Real on The Breakfast Club
71 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside YouTube superstar PewDiePie vows to DELETE his channel once he hits 50m..
60 comments
23 hours ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy