Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick Spanish Milf Adult Film Star(You Saving Her?)
44 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Pete Rock Goes in on Young Thug for Hassling Airport Workers
108 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside TIME New Trump cover with the slick image placement
14 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside He's back!! Kangaroo got time now
76 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #421
Santoro 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,950 | Props total: 5 5
sh*t we need a good QB. I hate Kyle Wright.
 10 years ago '04        #422
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,799 | Props total: 1401 1401

Check that site out..it has all the highlights of the weekly doings of NFL U
 12-14-2006, 01:06 PM         #423
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
December 14, 2006

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Deonte Thompson bioVideo highlights

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

The Hurricanes have already landed five wide receiver commitments in this year's recruiting class.

Thompson received visit from the new Miami coach.
Apparently that's not enough.

Belle Glade (Fla.) Glades Central High School wide receiver Deonte Thompson says he has been told to expect an in-home visit from coach Randy Shannon tonight.

"He's visiting me," Thompson said. "I talked to coach Shannon [Tuesday] night. He was just telling me about how he was coming out to see me. He said he'd talk to me more when he gets here. We didn't talk that long.

"That was my first time talking to coach Shannon. I heard through Damien [Berry, a teammate and Cane commitment] that he's a good guy."

Thompson has already visited LSU and Ohio State. He visits USC this weekend.

He says he has set up his UM visit for Super Bowl weekend.

Miami will get a chance to leave a last impression on him just a few days before Signing Day.

"They wanted me to visit that weekend, and that's when I wanted to go too," Thompson said.

Thompson says he doesn't have any clear frontrunner right now.

But he does say he is keeping a close eye on one situation at UM: The status of coach Mario Cristobal.

Cristobal has developed a close rapport with Thompson and is reportedly entertaining taking the head coaching job at FIU.

"If he's not there, that would probably make me not want to come as much," Thompson said. "We're real cool. That's my man."

Thompson is good friends with Taurus McKinley and Berry, who are both UM commitments.

"It's a possibility we'll all go to the same school together," Thompson said. "We talk about it, but we have to make the best decisions for ourselves."
 12-14-2006, 01:07 PM         #424
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
December 14, 2006

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Damien Berry bioVideo highlights

Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Belle Glade (Fla.) Glades Central High School DB Damien Berry says he will get an in-home visit from coach Randy Shannon tonight.

Berry was recruited by Shannon before he was hired as head coach.

"He's a great guy," Berry said. "He's a cool dude, very laid back. He seems like a great head coach. He's an all around cool dude."

Berry says nothing has changed regarding his commitment level with Shannon as coach.

But what could change his commitment status is whether a.ssistant coach Mario Cristobal stays or goes.

Cristobal recruits Belle Glade for Miami and has developed a close rapport with players there.

"If Cristobal's not there it would have a big impact," Berry said. "I might decommit if he's not there."

Cristobal told CaneSport Dec. 8 that he would like to stay at Miami. But continues to mull over his decision.

Tonight Shannon will have a chance to solidify Berry's recruitment regardless of Cristobal's decision.

Berry is projected as a defensive back in college, but he played running back this season and finished with 1,080 yards and 19 touchdowns.
 12-14-2006, 03:21 PM         #425
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
December 14, 2006

Related Links:
Damien Berry bioVideo highlights

Belle Glade (Fla.) Glades Central High School DB Damien Berry says he will get an in-home visit from coach Randy Shannon tonight.

"He's a great guy," Berry said. "He's a cool dude, very laid back. He seems like a great head coach. He's an all around cool dude."

Amid the coaching change and building up a close relationshipo with Mario Cristobal, Berry had been concerned Cristobal might leave UM.

But, after doing some soul-searching, Berry decided he is going to be a Hurricane no matter what.

"I will be a Hurricane," Berry said today. "It doesn't matter what anyone else does."

Berry was recruited by Shannon before he was hired as head coach.

Berry says nothing has changed regarding his commitment level with Shannon as coach.

Berry is projected as a defensive back in college, but he played running back this season and finished with 1,080 yards and 19 touchdowns.
 10 years ago '04        #426
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
Bradenton Prep receiver Jermaine McKenzie committed to play for Miami, and Tampa Plant's record-breaking quarterback Robert Marve might also pick the Hurricanes. McKenzie and Marve had planned to attend Alabama but those plans could end up changing for both.
-- Miami Herald
 12-14-2006, 07:14 PM         #427
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I was just reading im guessing were making a push for Marve and Brantley... They said Brantley is interested in Miami and his lingering about Texas.. I guess it depends on who the OC is...
 10 years ago '04        #428
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
randy shannon hiring is looking real good

hopefully most of these players can live up to their talents as well as the players we currently have
 12-14-2006, 10:22 PM         #429
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
December 14, 2006

Coach Randy Shannon took a pair of in-home visits in Belle Glade (Fla.) today.

He visited WR Deonte Thompson in the mid-afternoon –- Thompson was not available for comment afterward, but told CaneSport previously that he plans to wait until close to Signing Day to announce a final decision.

Thompson leaves for a visit to USC early tomorrow.

Shannon visited the home of Cane commitment Damien Berry after Thompson, and fellow commitment Taurus McKinley also was in the house for that visit.

"Coach Shannon got here at 5, stayed for a good little while," Berry said. "It went real nice. We were just talking, joking around.

"Coach Shannon's real cool, a laid-back guy. He was talking about us getting all our classes down, things like that."

Shannon took the in-home visit with fellow coaches Tim Walton and Marquis Mosely.

Berry said he didn't know why coach Mario Cristobal, who recruits Belle Glade, was not in attendance.

Cristobal is considered a leading candidate for the open head coaching position at FIU.

Berry says the visit by the three coaches made him feel more comfortable with Miami's program.

"I knew what kind of person coach Shannon is," Berry said. "He played football with my father (Kenny) at UM. My dad was there (at the in-house visit) –- it was kind of cool because they talked about old times."

Berry will still take visits to UCLA (Jan. 12) and LSU (Jan. 19), but asked the chance he winds up a Cane he said, "a 99.6 percent chance."

Berry will take his official visit to Miami with his teammates the weekend before Signing Day.

He will likely be limping around campus.

Berry plans to undergo surgery for at torn ACL Dec. 27.

He says coach Walton said on the visit, "to get it done and that I'd be alright and don't worry about it."

Berry said the injury occurred in the fifth game of the season but that he continued to play on it.

Of how McKinley enjoyed the Shannon visit, Berry offered this: "All he did was smile the whole time."
 12-14-2006, 11:04 PM         #430
P DEDOS 954 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn didnt know berry tore his acl

hope that heals goood

:rasta:
 12-14-2006, 11:36 PM         #431
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
December 14, 2006

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Publisher

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room

Officials from Florida International University officially notified UM Athletic Director Paul Dee Thursday that they intend to speak with Canes offensive line coach Mario Cristobal about their vacant head coaching position.

Sources told CaneSport that the meeting between FIU and Cristobal will likely take place on Friday now that Cristobal is not on the road recruiting for the Hurricanes. There is a strong chance that Cristobal could be offered that position even though the list of coaches that are pursuing the position reportedly includes recently fired North Carolina State Coach Chuck Amato.

Cristobal's appeal to FIU is obvious. He is one of the most tireless recruiters in college football and FIU has big ambitions for its football program now that Pete Garcia is in charge of the athletic department. He is Latin as are many of the most influential individuals a.ssociated with the University as well as a large portion of its student body and alumni base.

Last year, Cristobal turned down a massive pay hike as tight ends coach of the New York Jets to remain at Miami. It is believed he has been told he has a secure spot on Randy Shannon's coaching staff.

The key issue remains how much money FIU will put on the table if it offers Cristobal the job and how big of a gap that will create between that total and his UM salary.

Miami a.ssistants are considered among the more average paid in the upper echelon of college football. But it is believed that Donna Shalala made a commitment to Shannon to increase the pay scale. A quick decision will have to be made on how much of that cash will be directed toward Cristobal and then Cristobal would have to weigh taking the FIU job and staying at UM.

It is a difficult career decision. Head coaching opportunities are tough to come by. But at the same time, Cristobal would be removing himself from a program trying to compete for the national title every year and taking over a 0-12 team in an insignificant conference. This is not a slam dunk decision.

CaneSport will follow all the events in the coming hours and days until Cristobal makes a firm decision on his future.
 10 years ago '06        #432
ANOMOLIE 
space
space
$247 | Props total: 0 0
Things are looking good for the Canes. I'm really hoping that can get a great receiver class this year.
 12-15-2006, 01:33 PM         #433
P DEDOS 954 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ANOMOLIE said:
Things are looking good for the Canes. I'm really hoping that can get a great receiver class this year.
real talk
 12-15-2006, 05:17 PM         #434
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
December 15, 2006

Mike Farrell
Rivals.com Football Recruiting

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
North Carolina head coach Butch Davis visited Washington (D.C.) Ballou defensive tackle Marvin Austin last week and got the nation's No. 2 player interested in the Heels. UNC was in his school again Wednesday as well and the Tarheels are becoming a factor in this race.

UNC is the hot team for Austin now.
"Coach Thigpen was here from UNC and he just repeated some of the same things I spoke to coach Davis about," said the 6-foot-3, 292-pounder. "He talked about how Butch went to Miami and brought the program from the bottom to the top and he plans on doing the same at UNC."

Is Austin buying in to the pitch?

"Yes sir, coach Davis' record speaks for itself, the school has very good academics and I'm going to check it out," he said. "I'm taking an unofficial visit there on Jan. 12."

Austin will follow that visit with an official to Florida State and possibly an official visit to Miami on Jan. 26.

"Coach Shannon is a great defensive coach and with him staying at Miami it helps them," he said. "I've always been interested in Miami and with coach Shannon there I know they'll be good."

Austin has already been on official visits to Illinois, Tennessee and Southern Cal and was supposed to take an official to Maryland last week but that got postponed.

"I'm not sure if I'll get back to Maryland," he said. "I've been there a lot and I know what Maryland is about. They're still in there but a little behind the rest.

"I've eliminated Illinois and I've told coach Locksley that. I thanked him for recruiting me but that's just not a fit for me. He's still trying though."

So is there a still a leader?

"Yes, Southern Cal still leads for me," he said. "Florida State is right up there too and North Carolina and Tennessee are in the mix. I'm not sure about Miami yet, I'll have to talk with coach Shannon. And Maryland is also in there as well."

As for a timetable for a decision, Austin knows he'll wait until the end.

"My last visit is going to be in late January so I'll decide on Signing Day," he said. "Right now a lot of coaches are coming to see me and my mom and it's a bit overwhelming but also nice. All the schools I've mentioned have had a.ssistant coaches come through here and the head coaches are all saying they'll be in after the dead period. I'm looking forward to a little break."
 12-15-2006, 06:47 PM         #435
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RakimAllahNY said:
December 14, 2006
Berry said the injury occurred in the fifth game of the season but that he continued to play on it.

:eek: is that humanly possible?

when i had my ACL i could barely walk on 2 legs

even if it somehow is, it wasnt a smart decision
 12-18-2006, 01:19 PM         #436
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

December 18, 2006

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Kayne Farquharson bio

El Camino (Calif.) Junior College receiver Kayne Farquharson is fulfilling a major Christmas wish this week.

The Miami native says he'll be signing with the Miami Hurricanes on Wednesday.

He has a couple or other wishes as well.

One of those: "I'm trying to get top quarterbacks to come in with me," he said. "I'm going to talk to the quarterbacks Miami's recruiting. I have to talk to them. They're the key to success. They're the leader on the field."

His other wish?

Put a fifth star next to my name," Farquharson says

He is rated a four-star prospect by Rivals.com.

Farquharson states his case: "I was the MVP of the state championship game in California, had three touchdowns in the second quarter three different ways, a reverse, kickoff return and receiving touchdown."

His team won the state title game, 49-35, and he finished the year with 51 catches for 904 yards and nine touchdowns.

Farquharson committed to UM in June and has spent the last six months waiting to ink his papers.

He visited Cal last weekend, but isn't budging from his UM commitment.

"I'm signing with the University of Miami," Farquharson said. "I just went on the visit to check out the scenery. It was nice. A good friend of mine goes to Cal."

Farquharson has been in regular contact with Cane receivers coach Marquis Mosely.

He has not spoken with new head coach Randy Shannon yet.

"I talked to coach Mosely -- he was telling me once I get it signed that they'll go over a couple of things about rules and things like that," Farquharson said.

One recent CaneSport.com message board poster stated that, on Wednesday, Farquharson will instantaneously become Miami's best receiver.

Farquharson isn't going to disagree.

"I have the most respect for the rest of the wide receiver corps, but I'm coming in to dominate," he said. "I'm not coming in to be a possession receiver.

"They haven't promised anything, but I'm just coming in to work hard."

Farquharson's bravado matches that of NFL pro bowler Chad Johnson, and that's not by accident.

Johnson provided Farquharson inspiration when they met at Willis McGahee's flag football tournament two years ago.

"Talking to him, that's what gave the motivation to go hard," Farquharson said. "I didn't know Chad played JUCO till I got on the phone with him. He was telling me what I had to do to be successful. Coming from a pro bowl receiver, that meant a lot."

Farquharson will be eligible to join the Hurricanes in January.
 12-18-2006, 02:17 PM         #437
P DEDOS 954 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

12-18-2006, 06:23 PM         #438
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

December 17, 2006

Jim Martz, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
O'Neal Wilder bio

The Hurricanes have five receiver commitments now. And the team is also chasing down a new name at receiver.

Carthage (MS) WR O'Neal Wilder is the latest to get some love from the Canes -– coach Joe Pannunzio visited his school recently.

"I talked to him last Sunday," Wilder said. "He said they hired a new coach and it's a good start for the team. I just know it's the defensive coordinator, but I haven't talked to him yet.

"Coach Pannunzio just talked about the football team and the education and all that. He was talking about maybe offering (a scholarship), but they haven't yet. He said he's going to try to set up a visit for me the last visit date before signing day."

So far only Southern Miss has offered.

He'll visit there the weekend of Jan. 19.

The weekend of Jan. 26 he plans to visit Mississippi State.

"If Miami offered it would be a good school to go to, but I'm going to wait a while –- I was invited to the All-American Bowl and will decide after that," Wilder said.

The 6-foot-5, 190-pound receiver with 4.48-second speed had 22 catches for 543 yards with eight touchdowns this season. He also had three rushes for 94 yards with two more scores, and he had a kickoff return for a touchdown.

Not bad for a guy who has only played organized football for two years.

He was discovered by a coach running track as a sophomore, and Wilder came out for the team the following year.

He started his junior season and had nine touchdowns and 500 yards receiving.

"He had the touchdown the first time he ever returned a kick for us," Carthage High offensive coordinator Joey Coghlan said. "He was a basketball player, came out and played football. He can really go up and get the football. His first five catches this year were all for touchdowns. We were in the fourth ballgame before he ever got tackled.

"He's got the frame of a Randy Moss type, real tall. He can put a little weight on, but he's one that you get him with apposition coach and working every day, he'll be something special. He's definitely got the potential."

Of what's most important to him in a college, Wilder said, "Education, but I also want to go where there's a lot of publicity."
 12-18-2006, 06:39 PM         #439
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Man.... Miami always goes with the biggest offensive weapons...
 12-18-2006, 08:08 PM         #440
P DEDOS 954 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Maliah can get it boy damn
42 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside which heaux you trynna turn into a housewife??
175 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Air Jordan 11 Space Jam On Feet
80 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING First Official Trailers
188 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ye hopped on the blonde hair wave
144 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pink Toe With Ridiculous Buns
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
167 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy