Video inside The right way to heat up PIZZA!! Changed my life
105 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Kim Kardashian Allegedly Wants A Divorce From Kanye West
116 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
67 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #4301
1000bluntz 
space
space
$15,027 | Props total: 2227 2227
Wow check out these awesome new facilities for UM...incredible this is serious.

8 years ago '04        #4302
booie4 
space
space
$4,878 | Props total: 594 594
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- A torn pectoral muscle and a sports hernia have proven to be too much to overcome for starting defensive ends Allen Bailey and Eric Moncur to get on the field in Thursday's opener against Charleston Southern.

University of Miami coach Randy Shannon was hopeful the pair would be able to play in the opener as he said they'd be ready numerous times during Fall practice.

But neither has practiced this Fall in team drills, only participating in individual non-contact drills.

Today at practice, Shannon announced that they are not where they need to be yet and likely will not play Thursday.

"They probably won't play," Shannon said.

Shannon said they have not suffered a set back.

"Each day they did more and more," Shannon said. "Allen Bailey and Eric Moncur did some two-minute drill today. You don't want to rush them back into it. You want to give them something they can do and see how they feel the next day. It's not that they are not healed, you don't want them to be fatigued."

With Bailey and Moncur out, this means the two-deep depth chart that was released on Sunday naming Steven Wesley and true freshman Marcus Robinson as the starters for the season opener holds true.

Robinson recorded 23 sacks as a senior last year at Homestead High School playing defensive end. Although he was recruited to by Miami as an outside linebacker, he never played the position while in high school. His ability to get to the quarterback in Fall practice has impressed the coaches a great deal.

Other practice notes from Thursday

? Shannon said the team is at 85 scholarships even though they have 86 apparent scholarship guys. Shannon said Cannon Smith is on scholarship and that Chaz Washington still counts towards the limit although he is injured, but would not say how they are down to 85.

? Shannon on if the team is ready for the opener on Thursday: "You never know. Hopefully we are ready. We have done all of the things we need to do to get ready and the players feel good so that's all that matters."

? The team will have a closed walk-through on Wednesday.
 8 years ago '04        #4303
booie4 
space
space
Official Injury Report Provided by Miami

Probable
Tyrone Byrd - Leg
Javarris James- Leg
Anthony Redd*ck - Leg
Derron Thomas - Chest

Doubtful
Reggie Youngblood - Head
Lovon Ponder- Shoulder

Out
Allen Bailey - Chest
Chris Barney - Leg
Josh Holmes - Leg
Ben Jones - Leg
Kris Kimball - Arm
Eric Moncur - Leg

Surgery/Out for Season
Tommy Streeter - arm
 8 years ago '05        #4304
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
yes sir finnally football season is upon us...im fu*king ready....got my season tickets this past weekend...tom soon as i get off work...driving up to the stadium to tailgate...hopefully i dont get kicked out like me and my friends did last dolphins game

so who else is going to the game
 8 years ago '04        #4305
booie4 
space
space
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- If there is one player who can tell quarterback Jacory Harris about what to expect in playing game one on the schedule as a true freshman, it is running back Javarris James.

James didn't start the first game of his UM career in 2006 against Florida State, but he did play.

And the memory of his first snap in that game still sticks out in James' mind.

"I remember the first play I came in," James said. It was a pass play and Buster Davis came at the line and was like, 'we got the rookie in' and he kept calling my name, 'Baby J!' I was kind of shell shocked for a moment, but once you get that first snap in, you will be alright."

James finished that game with just three yards on three carries, but even if he ran for 100 yards in the game, his stat line wasn't going to be the most important thing he would take from that first game.

What James needed was game experience and that is what Harris will get Thursday when he starts the first game of his UM career against Charleston Southern.

"This is a big opportunity for him," James said. "I am pretty sure he is focused and I know he is in his playbook. He comes and asks me questions about certain plays. He wants to know what everybody is doing too. I remember when the coaches told me I was starting. It kind of makes you prepare more and focus a little more. He is just focused right now and if you have seen him in practice this week, he is looking pretty good. I have a good idea that he will be fine."

Harris has played in big games before. As a senior at Northwestern he won the mythical high school national championship game at South Lake Carroll Texas in front of more than 30,000 fans. Harris also won two state championships--with the first state championship coming in Dolphin Stadium.

So according to James, Harris has dealt with pressure and played in big games before.

"The good thing is he played in Dolphin Stadium before at Northwestern, so he has been in the spotlight," James said. "I told him to just think like you are going out to play that team from Texas again. There is going to be a lot more fan and he is going to be wearing a different color, but a guy like him has been in the spotlight, so it should be nothing new to him. I have seen him in high school and he did so many good things then."

"I told him when he comes out he is going to have goose bumps and your hands are going to be sweaty and you are going to be nervous, but when they blow that whistle and it is time to play, it is all the same."

James says he is most impressed by the pocket presence Harris always plays with, but it is the athletic ability he has flashed on occasion during fall camp that has surprised James the most.

"One thing about him is that he has good pocket presence. One thing I didn't know about him until he got here is that he can take off and run with the ball in his hands. He can get a couple moves on you and he can move pretty good for a lanky tall guy. He is going to throw some pretty balls too. I am just excited for the young fellow to go out there with the chance to show the nation what he can do."

The biggest way James can help out Harris this week is by establishing a strong running game. James is listed as the top back on the depth chart and the tandem of he and Graig Cooper figures to be very potent against Charleston Southern.

"I feel like if we come out and handle our business, we can make it real easy on him," James said. "We need to take it upon ourselves as the running backs to get the running game going early like we should, then we will be good. The offensive line is going to make it real easy on us and we are going to make it easy on him."
 8 years ago '04        #4306
booie4 
space
space
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Jason Fox is expected to be the leader of the offensive line. Following a great freshman year, Fox didn't show a great deal of improvement his sophomore year.

He's looking for a change this year, not just from himself, but from the entire team as they f!ght to try to make a turnaround following a disappointing 5-7 season in 2007.

And with the offensive line looked to be improved and the most experienced group on the team, Fox is looking to see the results on the field based on what's been done in practice.

"We made a lot of progress from last year. The biggest thing is because we've been able to fine tune things. Last year at this point we were still learning Coach Stoutland's techniques and the way he coaches," Fox said. "Now we are honing in on the little things, a step here, something we try. We are being able to pick up on the small things and work on those."

Fox also accepts the role of being the unit that has to lead the team because of the experience across the offensive line.

"That's what we've taken on as our role this year. A lot of guys look at us like the leaders of the offense. That's a big responsibility, but we really want that pressure on our shoulders," Fox said.

One of the players that has stepped to the forefront of the offensive line is center Xavier Shannon who is playing his first and only year at Miami. Fox has been very impressed with the progression of Shannon since his arrival in the Spring.

"You know he's picked everything up real fast. At FIU, he played tackle. I am not sure how much center experience he had before this," Fox said. "It's surprising that he's only been here for a year how well he's playing."

Fox also said that Shannon brings something to the table that last year's center John Rochford did in that Shannon is stronger and can physically dominate opponents.

Another player Fox expects to see a lot from is running back Javarris James who struggled with injuries in 2007. Now, James is healthy and Fox is excited about James and Graig Cooper in the backfield.

"He's a real worker, a competitor, as you know he was banged up last year. That didn't stop him. He still wanted to play and help his teammates out. You can't even predict how well he is going to do this year. It's exciting when you have guys like him and Coop back there to break a big one and go for six," Fox said.

But the story of the week remains the quarterback situation. Either way, Fox is responsible for the protecting the backside of Jacory Harris or Robert Marve. This week, it will be Harris as he has been named the starting quarterback with Marve sidelined with a suspension.

"It's our job to do that no matter who is back there. It starts with us. They are going to be taking their first snaps Thursday. We have to protect them," Fox said. "One of the easiest things is with the running game. That's probably where our most experience is. If we can pound them with the running game, that will open up things for our quarterbacks and receivers. That's something we have to get done throughout the season."

Fox said the team took the suspension of Marve in stride and is simply looking forward now with the opener looming.

"It's just the way it is. You can't change it now. There is no reason to look back," Fox said.

But he's just as confident in Harris.

"He's very cerebral, very confident. He's not a guy who is going to jump up and down and yell. He knows he's going to make the throw, going to make the play," Fox said. "You don't sense any kind of timidness from him. He stands tall. You respect him already even though he's a freshman."
 8 years ago '05        #4307
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
so just got off work...bout to head over to the stadium to tailgate :applause:, gonna buy 2 24 packs of beers...gonna get fu*ked up, first time sitting in the student section, so sh*ts gonna be wild.
 8 years ago '05        #4308
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,676 | Props total: 3793 3793
I know most of ya'll get the game bein local but does anybody got a backdoor link for espn360 or another site?
 8 years ago '06        #4309
Xaiv 134 heat pts134
space
space
$3,922 | Props total: 1109 1109
 Junior G said:
I know most of ya'll get the game bein local but does anybody got a backdoor link for espn360 or another site?
check this right here
 08-28-2008, 04:43 PM         #4310
SteveSS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Xaiv said:
check this right here
sh*t doesn't work anymore homie. That is why I came to this thread, to see if I could find another way.
 8 years ago '07        #4311
KingOnSlaught 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,219 | Props total: 7 7
grrr how the fu*k can i watch this game
 08-28-2008, 06:03 PM         #4312
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Same here. I'm over in Tallahassee but they showing the SC game on ESPN, Oregon St on ESPN2, Troy on CSS.
 8 years ago '06        #4313
Xaiv 134 heat pts134
space
space
I found this it works for me

8 years ago '05        #4314
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
:banghead: damn sh*t ain't work for me
 8 years ago '05        #4315
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
got it yo Xai propz n*gga
 08-28-2008, 06:24 PM         #4316
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Xaiv said:
I found this it works for me

What do I do after I click the link? It just takes me to the thread for it?
 8 years ago '06        #4317
Xaiv 134 heat pts134
space
space
1. go to

2. RIGHT SIDE u will see a RED box that says START WATCHING NOW

3. look underneith that and u will see where it says

Not at home? Select account type to sign in

it has a scroll down menu to the right of it.

4. click the box then click on VERIZON

5. a window will pop up (if u have pop ups available)

6. ENTER THIS NAME canesfans08
and password Mierda89

and then you'll have to install a media player after that it should work
 8 years ago '06        #4318
Xaiv 134 heat pts134
space
space
 Junior G said:
got it yo Xai propz n*gga
aight coo
 08-28-2008, 06:34 PM         #4319
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Xaiv said:
1. go to

2. RIGHT SIDE u will see a RED box that says START WATCHING NOW

3. look underneith that and u will see where it says

Not at home? Select account type to sign in

it has a scroll down menu to the right of it.

4. click the box then click on VERIZON

5. a window will pop up (if u have pop ups available)

6. ENTER THIS NAME canesfans08
and password Mierda89

and then you'll have to install a media player after that it should work
Aight props. I'm on the movie viewer page and it says coming up next miami at charleston southern right?
 8 years ago '06        #4320
Xaiv 134 heat pts134
space
space
 JNyiri77 said:
Aight props. I'm on the movie viewer page and it says coming up next miami at charleston southern right?
yeah you good.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX who the fu-k is this!!!!?
63 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX, Riddle me this .....
208 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Dak & Zeke Partying in Dallas Nightclub on Monday Night
66 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Busted On Social Media
88 comments
1 day ago