MMA UFC 206 Holloway vs. Pettis
506 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thickest first lady in US history
108 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Drake Has A “whatthef#ckgotdamn” Reaction After Dapping Up A SKrippa
54 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props
 07-19-2008, 07:25 PM         #4101
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
props. he looks like he's got great acceleration and amazing cutback ability. not alotta speed but still good.
 07-20-2008, 01:36 AM         #4102
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 904Nole said:
Ay, how do ya`ll Canes feel about the whole QB race? Like, who are ya`ll pulling for, Marve or Jacory? As an outisde n*gga, I honestly like Jacory a lil more than Marve. His poise is just......

I'm hoping Marve will step up and Harris can learn from him and maybe get a few snaps when needed. Jacory is a beast and will beast at some point but I'd rather Marve take control now. I think hes already got a chemistry with a few of the freshman last year and so I hope he can incorporate them with Shields and crew. I got confidence in Jacory too though, hes played with all the big name freshman were bringing in so either way I'm happy. But perfect situation Marve starts and Jacory learns and gets a few snaps.
 8 years ago '04        #4103
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,690 | Props total: 474 474
• We hear classy former Canes quarterback Ken Dorsey has been helpful to UM quarterback front-runner Robert Marve, offering advice and guidance this summer. . . . Ex-Miami Northwestern offensive lineman Brandon Washington said his ACT score that he got Friday (21) -- combined with a 2.8 GPA -- is enough for him to qualify for UM, but he still must go through the NCAA Clearinghouse.
i see a coaching headset in dorsey's future
 8 years ago '06        #4104
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,730 | Props total: 12278 12278
^ :applause::applause::applause:

come join the family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 years ago '05        #4105
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,709 | Props total: 3819 3819
Miami OT Jason Fox believes the abundance of newcomers on the Hurricanes' roster could be a help instead of a hindrance. Fox said Miami got rid of some "cancers" on the team who contributed to the Hurricanes' late-season demise last year.

8 years ago '06        #4106
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
we all know hes talking about lance leggett and twiddle dee and twidle dum at QB last year
 8 years ago '04        #4107
booie4 
space
space
$4,881 | Props total: 611 611
Canes seek attitude change
A new, seven-player self-disciplinary council has been looking to establish UM's new team motto of `no excuses.'
Posted on Mon, Jul. 21, 2008
reprint print email
Yahoo! Buzz

HECTOR GABINO / EL NUEVO HERALD
UM senior defensive end Eric Moncur (94) is on the team's new disciplinary council.

GREENSBORO, Ga. --
Sheriff Shannon has some new deputies.
And the deputies have a new motto: ``No excuses.''

University of Miami left tackle Jason Fox and defensive end Eric Moncur told reporters Sunday at the ACC Football Kickoff that they are part of a new, seven-player council that keeps close tabs on fellow players and doles out punishments for breaking rules.

Some of the former attitudes, along with some of the former ''cancerous'' players, they said, are gone. No names were mentioned.

''Some of the players we had to get rid of were kind of cancerous to the team and really brought us down and didn't care about football,'' Fox said. ``They're gone now, and we can get back to focusing on football. Sometimes the coaches were more worried about punishing the guys who weren't doing well instead of focusing on football.

``. . . This year the biggest change is everybody's attitudes. When you cut off all the negativity on your team and everybody's attitude is positive, it's contagious.''

Coach Randy Shannon, who will speak Monday along with the rest of the ACC coaches at the Ritz-Carlton Lodge at Reynolds Plantation, is putting the names back on game jerseys. But he's still keeping the rest of the rules he instated during his inaugural year in 2007 -- at 5-7, it was UM's worst season in 30 years.

Fox said that although he didn't know who created the UM player council, it is working beautifully. Its members, as voted by their teammates: Fox, Moncur, linebackers Glenn Cook and Colin McCarthy, cornerback Chavez Grant, receiver Khalil Jones and defensive tackle Dwayne Hendricks.

EARLY IMPROVEMENTS

Council members meet at least once a week, sometimes after 7-on-7 drills Wednesdays and Saturdays.

''So many people have made improvements that by the end of the summer no one is really screwing up, because they know other people will be there to catch them,'' Fox said. ``Our main job is to police each other, and when we notice someone not doing as well as they should or not doing their study hall, it's our job to get on them and keep everybody accountable.''

Moncur, who has switched from the left side to the right to take over departed Calais Campbell's position, said the council members know when players have missed class.

'The teachers e-mail the coaches, and the coaches just bring down the list and it's like, `There you go!' '' Moncur said.

Are there guidelines for punishments?

''No,'' Moncur said. ``Our team will take care of it.''

For the most part, guilty parties do extensive running or ''crazy stuff,'' Moncur said, ``like rolling from one end of the field to the other. It makes you dizzy. It makes you not want to miss class anymore. It's a bad experience.

``Sometimes the whole [council] stays out [and watches]. Sometimes one or two guys, but we make sure they get it done. A lot of guys have gotten better.''

`MORE ACCOUNTABLE'

Cook created the ''no excuses'' theme and distributed green-and-orange wristbands with a ''U'' accompanying the new slogan.

''It's easy to make excuses when things aren't going well,'' Fox said. 'It could have been like, `Well, he was really wide, and I couldn't get there to block him in time,' or `That ball was thrown high, and I couldn't catch it.'

``No, it hit your hand. No excuses. You have to come down with that play.''

Said Moncur: ``We made a lot of excuses last year, and the attitude wasn't there because we were losing. This year guys are being more accountable. We're ready to get it started.''

Despite the negativity attached to 2007, Fox said he is ready to win every game, beginning with Charleston Southern in the Thursday-night season opener at Dolphin Stadium. UM is not close to being ranked among the top-25 teams in the nation, according to preseason publications.

''Last season was painful for all of us, but we have to move on,'' said Fox, who insisted UM must strive for a national title. ``I don't want to aim for anything less. If you're settling, then your goals aren't high enough.''
 8 years ago '04        #4108
booie4 
space
space
$4,881 | Props total: 611 611
The University of Miami was known as Linebacker "U" for quite some time. Some of the greatest linebackers ever to play college and professional football walked the field in the Orange Bowl.

The list is long, literally a "Who's Who" of the best linebackers to play football.

Ray Lewis, Micheal Barrow, Jessie Armstead, Darrin Smith, Georgia Mira, Jr., Dan Morgan, Jonathan Vilma, Rohan Marley, Maurice Crum, Bernard Clark, Nathaniel Webster, Ken Sisk and that's just the beginning.

But since the departure of Vilma and D.J. Williams, the linebacker position has not been the same at the "U".

With the linebackers not being of the same high quality as in the past, the University of Miami defense faded a little, but in 2007 it hit a crescendo as the Hurricanes defense struggled to stop anyone.

Opponents averaged 26 points a game against the 'Canes, and against opponents not named Duke, FIU and Marshall who had a combined 5-33 record, the 'Canes gave up over 28 points a game.

One thing was for sure, that was an un-Hurricane like a season defensively as anyone can remember since 1980.

Randy Shannon is hoping for a change in that this season. It started with replacing Tim Walton with Bill Young who led a Kansas defense to a shocking win over Virginia Tech in the Orange Bowl.

But most importantly, it will start with improvement at the linebacker position which is starting with an excellent recruiting class that features freshmen Sean Spence and Arthur Brown.

While the 'Canes return Glen Cook who comes back after missing last season with an injury, Cook received a medical redshirt and will get to play his senior year in 2008. Cook is considered a team leader, but at the same time, Cook is not a part of the future, so there are questions as to how much playing time Cook should really get.

Colin McCarthy started at one outside linebacker position, but struggled with covering tight ends and running backs in space, especially against Virginia.

Daryl Sharpton returns as well. He played a lot of outside linebacker as did Spencer Adkins, but neither of them is a good coverage option either.

Romeo Davis is also expected to return, but again, he's not considered the answer.

The answer lies in the freshman class, namely Spence and Brown. Spence started the Spring as a starting outside linebacker, in part because of the fact McCarthy missed the Spring, but could his performance have been enough to keep the position.

When Shannon spoke in the Spring, he constantly raved about Spence. As the Spring continued he started to praise Brown as well as he improved.

Spence and Brown are just the top of a big time linebacker class that also includes Jordan Futch, Gavin Hardin and Ramon Buchanan, but it is Spence and Brown that will be looked to for immediate impact on a unit that needs difference makers.

During the disappointing 2007 season, Shannon quite often made reference to the Class of 2008 and that they will need to be ready to play immediately. 2008 here and Spence and Brown are ready. They showed it in the Spring. They belong on the field.

While Spence could very well start the opener, Brown is not far behind and both could find themselves starting at each outside linebacker position by midseason.

That is what will bring back the days of Linebacker "U" and is the key to the defenses return to prominence.
 8 years ago '07        #4109
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
Why does everybody keep forgettin about Marcus Robinson and how nasty hes gonna be?
 07-21-2008, 10:57 AM         #4110
CANEBOI11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
THIS JUST IN!!!!...HE JUST COMMITTED.!!!!

Norcross (GA) High School DB/WR Prince Kent lists over 40 scholarship offers.

But it's only one that matters to him now.

He has committed to the Miami Hurricanes. Kent announced his decision moments ago at a press conference.

He said he was making four commitments - one to his family, his mother to be a better son and to his uncle and sister; the second was to his coaches to be a better player, the third was to his teammates who helped him get to this point like the defensive line that put pressure on the QB and helped him be a better CB, and the fourth was to Miami.

Kent said of Miami that "They have a tradition, send the guys into the pros. They have a tradition of guys getting their degrees, and if you don't get your degree, NFL players come back to get their degree. They have a great tradition."

Kent took an unofficial visit to UM in June that helped make his decision easier.

"I saw the players around, working out," he said. "So I got to see a lot of the players, and it's all about competition in Miami. Everybody's like family. I talked to some of the players, asked them how was Miami, asked about the coaches. They gave me a good word about it. They were straight up with me."

The 6-foot-3, 195-pounder with 4.4-second speed finished his junior season with seven receptions on offense and 59 tackles, two fumble recoveries and five pass deflections on defense. Kent's numbers on offense were limited because he deferred many times to Southern Cal signee Brice Butler and Alabama signee Devonta Bolton.

He is expected to play defense at Miami.
 8 years ago '06        #4111
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
BANG BANG HURRICANE GANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry satin :D clemson threw him mad bread and turned em down

the prince is here:applause:

Last edited by DEDOS; 07-21-2008 at 11:00 AM..
 8 years ago '05        #4112
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,709 | Props total: 3819 3819
I guess some n*ggaz just don't care about PT....
 07-21-2008, 12:33 PM         #4113
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Cheaaaaaaaaaaaa
 8 years ago '06        #4114
Against D Grain 
space
space
$6,258 | Props total: 125 125
Good pickup with Prince Kent, If he didnt go to Alabama, I rather him go to you guys, just keep his a.ss out of the SEC. He was one I really wanted to sign with us, but its all good. All this do is add more pressure on the coaching staff in getting Dre to commit to us..
 8 years ago '06        #4115
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
 Against D Grain said:
Good pickup with Prince Kent, If he didnt go to Alabama, I rather him go to you guys, just keep his a.ss out of the SEC. He was one I really wanted to sign with us, but its all good. All this do is add more pressure on the coaching staff in getting Dre to commit to us..
no doubt famo

keep stealin em from fsu territory :applause:
 8 years ago '04        #4116
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
we all know hes talking about lance leggett and twiddle dee and twidle dum at QB last year
mightve been talkin about calais campbell and kenny phillips....word is they both half-assed the season to protect their draft status
 8 years ago '04        #4117
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

EVERYBODY WELCOME THE FRESH PRINCE!!:applause:
 8 years ago '04        #4118
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
Hurricanes' Shannon: "We'll be better"
Coach Randy Shannon kept realistic expectations for UM, but he insisted players are adopting his 'team-first' culture.

GREENSBORO, Ga. - Last year at about this time, new University of Miami football coach Randy Shannon stood in front of a packed crowd of 3,000 and promised to deliver a winning program.

''We've made a commitment to get it done,'' he said last July at CanesFest. ".. . . This is going to be a great year, where all we're thinking about are championships -- not ACC championships, the national championship!''

On Monday at the ACC Football Kickoff, Shannon was a bit more realistic during an interview with The Miami Herald and later in a group session with journalists who cover the Atlantic Coast Conference.

His prediction for 2008? ''That we'll be better than we were last year,'' he said. "We have a foundation that we've been building on. We have a nucleus of guys we're building depth with.''

NO ADDED PRESSURE

In Shannon's first year of coaching, the Hurricanes finished 5-7 -- UM's worst season in 30 years.

But with a top-rated signing class and some talented veterans who have bought into his ''team-first'' culture, he insists UM is on course for improvement. He said he feels no added pressure after last year's misery.

''I put enough pressure on myself to win games,'' he said. ``We know we have to improve off of last year's experiences. It was a learning process for everybody, and we're excited about the upcoming season.''

Shannon was asked if it mattered to him that UM was projected by ACC writers to finish third in the Coastal Division behind projected No. 1 Virginia Tech and No. 2 North Carolina -- led by former UM coach Butch Davis.

``No, it doesn't matter, because it always changes, and different people [believe] different things. It's just hard luck for us where we're at and what people think about Miami, so it's a starting block.''

Shannon said the most significant lesson he learned last year was ``that you have to make sure you look at the overall picture of your football team. Last year, it was unexpected that we'd have to play 10 freshmen at one point.

``We have a lot of players coming back, and on [paper] they're young. But game experience? They should be a lot older.''

Not quarterbacks, of course. All four of UM's quarterbacks have never thrown a pass in a college game. What will determine who wins the starting job?

''Don't know yet,'' Shannon said. ``Seven to 10 days from the first game, whichever quarterback that does a great job, he'll be the starter, and the other quarterbacks are going to play during the season.''

SHANNON SPEAKS

Other Shannon comments:

• On the status of standout freshman defensive end Allen Bailey, who injured his pectoral muscle: ``He's running full speed now. He's moving his shoulder. We just have to take it slow with him. When he's ready to play, we'll play him -- maybe the first game, maybe the second. He's ahead of schedule, but we're not going to jeopardize his life and his career by being selfish as coaches.''

• On talk that wide receiver Sam Shields might lose his eligibility because of grades: ``I don't know anything about that. I can't discuss academics.''

• On whether he's concerned that coaches might feel uncomfortable talking with him about the progress of his son, Xavier, a center who transferred from Florida International: ``I don't talk about him to the other coaches. I let the coaches discuss him. I will go strictly with what I see him doing on the field. As for playing time, the offensive staff will sit and talk about that with him.''

• On the kicking situation: ``If today were the start of the season, Matt Bosher would do both [punting and place-kicking]. Jake Wieclaw will come around.''

• On whether six incoming players might not qualify for admission: ``I didn't say they're not qualified. I said they're going through NCAA Clearinghouse issues. The new thing with the Clearinghouse is they're making sure the kids had the proper core courses, because the NCAA changed its standards from 14 to 16 core courses. It's just paperwork. I have nothing to do with the Clearinghouse.''
anyone else notice how vague shannon is with some questions? i'm not talkin about a "sly bill belichick" vague, but a "what-the-fu*k-are-you-talking-about?" vague.
sometimes reporters ask him questions about players and he sounds like he has no idea what theyre talkin about
 8 years ago '04        #4119
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
• Early sentiment among some UM people is that Colin McCarthy, Darryl Sharpton and Glenn Cook are favorites to start at linebacker (with Sean Spence and Arthur Brown pushing hard), and nobody would be surprised if Marcus Forston starts at defensive tackle at some point alongside projected defensive line starters Antonio Dixon, Eric Moncur and Allen Bailey. Believe the hype on Bailey, one UM official says. . . . With the Toms Rivers, N.J., prosecutor awaiting a review by a grand jury, UM hasn't decided what to do with linebacker Zach Kane, accused of hitting someone with a bottle at a party.

• Recruiting buzz: American High defensive end Olivier Vernon, a UM oral commitment, said last weekend's visit to an FSU camp ''opened up my eyes a little more'' and that the battle for him is now ''completely wide open'' among UM, FSU, USF and Alabama. . . . Elite Palmetto High running back Jaamal Berry said he is leaning strongly toward Ohio State.
 8 years ago '04        #4120
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
Three members of the University of Miami football team's top-rated recruiting class will be heading to Milford Prep in New York state this fall instead of Coral Gables, according to published reports.

Offensive lineman Brandon Washington, linebacker Antonio Harper and safety C.J. Odom would not have academically qualified in time for the start of the fall semester.

Coach Randy Shannon told reporters last week that ''about six'' of the team's 33 signees from February had yet to get their paperwork through the NCAA Clearinghouse.

Two other signees battling academic issues this summer -- offensive lineman Benjamin Jones and defensive back C.J. Holton -- are expected to report with the other freshmen on July 31.

It is unknown whether linebacker Zach Kane (awaiting a review by a grand jury after being accused of hitting someone with a bottle at a party) will be cleared in time to report for classes.

HENDRICKS AWARD

Miami's Eric Moncur and USF All-American George Selvie are among four players from Florida schools named to the preseason watch list for the Ted Hendricks Award for the nation's top defensive end.

Florida's Jermaine Cunningham and Florida State's Everette Brown also were named to the 36-player list.

Named after the Pro Football Hall of Famer from Hialeah, the seventh Hendricks Award will be announced Dec. 10. Virginia's Chris Long won it last season.
wasnt expecting washington to qualify, but i thought odom and harper would squeak in....oh well, they can use the extra year to get bigger and stronger.
Home      

most viewed right now
Teanna Trump is finally free
225 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside just came across this gorgeous young lady from london
51 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
70 of the Most Useful Sites on the Interweb + Other Maybe Useful Sites
199 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
110 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 28 Game Systems, One Console
32 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ronnie from Jersey Shore is dating someone from the Kardashians
46 comments
1 day ago