Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick Spanish Milf Adult Film Star(You Saving Her?)
51 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside This J. Cole "4 Your Eyez Only" Fan Theory Is Going To Blow Your Mind
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 21 Savage Responds To 22 Savage
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Everything You Thought You Knew About #Dinosaurs is Wrong
15 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #4081
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,691 | Props total: 3804 3804
IF he don't like playing time have fun at Miami
 8 years ago '07        #4082
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
 Junior G said:
IF he don't like playing time have fun at Miami
If hes a true cane and loves competition, he'll have fun at miami
 07-17-2008, 12:04 PM         #4083
CANEBOI11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
My fault yall..i been gone for a minute and im back goin hard as eva..ill hook it up
 07-17-2008, 12:05 PM         #4084
CANEBOI11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Provo (UT) Timpview High School OL Xavier Su'a-Filo has taken four unofficial visits this summer: To Miami, UCLA, USC and Stanford.

Of his time at UM, Su'a-Filo said, "It was a really nice trip. There was nothing I didn't like. I loved the weather and the coaching staff I met coach (Randy) Shannon and he's awesome. I spent the most time with coach (Jeff) Stoutland. I went to the (summer) camp and he got an opportunity to coach me.

"I also went around the campus I thought it was very pretty. It's not that big. I was pretty surprised it was small and I didn't know Miami was a private school also."

A highlight was a quick visit to the weight room.

"I went in and the workout group of about 15 to 20 players that were in there all came over and shook my hand, said hello," Su'a-Filo said.

Su'a-Filo says the visit has put Miami into his top five. He's not announcing the other four members of that top five just yet.

"Miami's up there," he adds.

Su'a-Filo has one more visit on tap this summer: He will fly to LSU this Saturday.

"Then after that I concentrate on my season," he said.

Don't expect any early decisions. Su'a-Filo says he expects to wait until "around signing day."

There's plenty of local pressure on him to attend BYU that he says he's dealing with.

"Being here in Provo, Utah, from my school, it's a big feed for BYU," he said. "And I have a lot of friends that dream of going to BYU and when they get offered they decide right then. Me growing up it wasn't my dream to go to BYU and a lot of people are shocked by that. I'm going to take my trips and go through this whole process to make the best decision possible.

"The first thing is finding my best fit as an offensive tackle, and the depth chart coming in, seeing if I can compete for a starting job as a freshman. That'll be huge for me, finding the best fit. Another thing is just getting along and building a nice relationship with my position coach and the head coach. If you don't get along with them then you won't play. And I just want to be where, if the first day of training camp I tear my ACL, where I can be safe and have fun for four or five years and go to school."

For now Su'a-Filo says he's listing the pros and cons of each school. He will go back to that in helping him make a decision in the end.

"I just know that I like a lot of things about a lot of different schools," he said. "I've listed the pros and cons of different schools, just have to decide what I want more."
 07-17-2008, 12:06 PM         #4085
CANEBOI11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
One signee gets good news, another bad news

Hurricane safety signee C.J. Holton says he got some great news from the NCAA Clearinghouse on Friday.

"Everything's cleared," Holton said. "The Clearinghouse cleared me. The school called my mom and told her it went through and the Clearinghouse sent an email to my email address.

"It was so great after hearing I wasn't going to make it and all that kind of stuff. It was a great relief for it to be over."

Now one final hurdle remains: Getting past the University of Miami admissions office. Holton says he has been told he will hear from admissions in the next two weeks.

"I'm waiting on the admission letter from the school, and they said it should be another one to two weeks," Holton said. "I'm supposed to report the 31st (of July), but I want to come down earlier. I'm rooming with Ramon Buchanan, and he calls me every other day to see when I'm coming - he's already down there."

Holton received an 18 on the ACT, and his biggest task to qualify was improving his grade-point average.

"I did exactly what I needed, got it just to where I qualified," Holton said.

The news isn't as rosy for Memphis LB signee Antonio Harper. Harper's coach, Hubbard Alexander, says he spoke recently with his former player and that Harper will be heading to Milford (NY) Prep School. Harper's mother said she is still holding out hope that he will be able to report at the end of the month, though.

"He'll do the same thing Graig Cooper did, go there for a semester," Alexander said. "He has to make up one or two little credits."

Alexander also said he wouldn't be surprised if Harper moves to defensive end in prep school.

Other players that are still waiting to learn their fate are C.J. Odom, Brandon Washington and Benjamin Jones. Odom and Washington are waiting on a final test score to determine if they are headed to prep school, and Jones still has some hurdles to make it through but is hopeful to report July 31. He'd originally expected to report by now.

"He's still waiting and so am I," Washington said. "We'll find out soon. I'm just waiting on that last test."
 07-17-2008, 12:07 PM         #4086
CANEBOI11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Highsmith knows his position

When Fort Bend (TX) Hightower High School standout A.J. Highsmith committed to Miami, many expected him to be a defensive back at the next level considering his 6-foot-0 height.

But Highsmith says Cane coaches have told him he will start out his Cane career next year as a quarterback.

"I will start out at quarterback for sure," said Highsmith, who won Playmaker MVP honors as the best dual threat QB at the recent Tee Martin camp. "I've talked about it with the coaches, and the offensive coaches want me to play quarterback. Some schools say they're worried about my size at quarterback, but coach (Patrick) Nix was at Georgia Tech and had shorter quarterbacks there, and he doesn't have a problem with a short quarterback."

What makes a difference for a shorter QB: Making quick, good decisions and being mobile in the pocket. Highsmith says he has those attributes.

"I'm a real student of the game, manage the game well, know how to set up my teammates to make plays," he said.

Something he's working to improve this off-season is his speed. He currently runs a high 4.5-second 40 time.

"I'm trying to get more explosive," Highsmith said. "I want to have elusiveness in the pocket."

He's also working on his arm strength by doing a lot of flexibility drills and weight lifting. He says he's thrown the ball 50 yards in the air in a game and has thrown it over 60 yards in practices.

Highsmith is working out twice a week this summer and throws with his receivers three times a week. His father, former Cane Alonzo Highsmith, watches on as he works out and gives pointers.

"He helps a lot, knows a lot of stuff other parents don't know," Highsmith said.

Highsmith says he'll be playing only quarterback this year, as he did last season. He expects to roll out quite a bit during this season as the team breaks in a young offensive line.

Last year Highsmith finished the season throwing for 2,400 yards with 22 touchdowns and 11 interceptions. He also had five rushing scores.

As a sophomore he passed for 2,300 yards with 21 touchdowns and six interceptions. He also had four more touchdowns rushing.

He says he will only be taking one visit: To Miami. He's 100 percent committed.

"Other schools are staying away now because they know I'm a solid verbal," Highsmith said. "I just want to be part of the program, do what I've wanted to do my whole life, which is play for Miami."
 07-17-2008, 12:08 PM         #4087
CANEBOI11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Second-year rising stars

Miami's latest signing class has gotten plenty of attention as one of the nation's best ... and biggest. But the Class of 2007 also has it's fair share of talent, and it is those players that will help make or break the Canes' 2008. CaneSport.com profiles seven key members of that class, listed in order of importance relative to UM's depth concerns for 2008.

QB Robert Marve
What's he's done: Nothing ... yet. He led the scout team quarterback at the end of last season after coming back from a hand injury suffered in a rollover car accident. All reports are he thrived while simulating other teams' offenses.
What lies ahead: Marve showed off an excellent arm and good decision-making this spring, and he'll battle true freshman Jacory Harris for the starting job this fall. Marve broke Tim Tebow's passing records as a high school senior, and the sky is the limit for him in terms of potential. He gets the top spot because, a.ssuming he wins the job, he will be key to UM's fortunes in 2007. He's a tireless worker and has spent this off-season becoming even better acquainted with Patrick Nix's offense.
RB Graig Cooper
What he's done: Cooper led Miami in rushing as a true freshman last year, gaining 732 yards with four touchdowns. He averaged an impressive 5.5 yards per carry despite defenses focusing on stopping the run with an anemic Cane passing attack. Cooper also caught 13 passes for 129 yards.
What lies ahead: Cooper is expected to take on an even bigger role this year, as he'll still be lining up at tailback and will also spend some time as a slot receiver, where he can get the ball in space and show off his shake-and-bake moves. Cooper will split starting reps with Javarris James, which should help keep both players fresh. Don't be surprised if Cooper comes close or surpasses the 1,000-yard threshold this season.
DL Allen Bailey
What he's done: On paper, not much. He was officially credited with one tackle last season while playing on special teams.
What lies ahead: Bailey arrived at Miami as a linebacker last year. But after sprouting to 290 pounds, he made the transition to defensive end this spring. And he quickly showed he is a major force at the new position. He led the team in sacks in the spring and simply dominated at times. He has an incredible combination of strength, size and quickness that is very difficult for offensive linemen to deal with. The wildcard here is a pectoral injury that he hopes to come back from in time for Game 1. If he's 100 percent for the start of the season, look for him to start and make a major impact throughout the year.
OG Orlando Franklin
What he's done: Franklin surpassed senior Andrew Bain to start three of the final four games of 2007. His exceptional size and agility helped him overcome some of the technical flaws any true freshman faces, and he had a strong first year.
What lies ahead: Franklin missed the spring with a wrist injury but is now close to 100 percent. He's expected to be a full-time starter at guard this season, and if he's made even a little progress on what he showed last year he will be a very solid lineman. The CaneSport.com staff thinks Franklin is a star in the making.

CB Demarcus Van Dyke
What he's done: Van Dyke started eight games as a true freshman, and he is one of the fastest Hurricanes. He finished last year without much fanfare, though - he had 13 total tackles and one pass breakup.
What lies ahead: With a year under his belt, Van Dyke should make big strides entering 2008. If he can become the shutdown corner that Cane coaches hope he can be, that would benefit the defense tremendously ... especially considering new coordinator Bill Young's attacking style that could leave the cornerbacks in more one-on-one situations. Van Dyke will have to hold off the likes of Chavez Grant, Bruce Johnson and Carlos Armour to start - coaches will put the best two on the field.
DE Adewale Ojomo
What he's done: Ojomo redshirted last year and was named the Scout Team Defensive MVP for his work ethic and play on the practice field.
What lies ahead: With Allen Bailey expected out for much of fall drills recovering from a pectoral injury, this is Ojomo's chance to shine. If he plays up to his capability he could enter the season as the starting defensive end opposite Eric Moncur ... especially if Bailey's not ready to come back early in the season. Regardless, look for Ojomo to get plenty of reps this year in the end rotation. And look for him to produce.

WR Jermaine McKenzie
What he's done: McKenzie sat out last year after suffering a neck injury in a rollover car accident. Prior to the injury teammates raved about his route running and shoestring catches. His spring was cut short this year by injury.
What lies ahead: Leonard Hankerson almost worked his way ahead of McKenzie into this spot, but the CaneSport.com staff gives the nod to McKenzie. Yes, Hankerson got some starts last year and had some catches. But McKenzie has a world of potential. The key is for him to stay healthy. He and quarterback Robert Marve have an incredible personal connection and work tirelessly together after hours on the field and at home watching film (they are roommates). So, if Marve is the starter, look for McKenzie to become his go-to guy sooner or later.
 07-17-2008, 12:09 PM         #4088
CANEBOI11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Miami athlete has major offers, waiting on UM

Miami (FL) Dade Christian LB/S Daniel Mack is getting recruiting interest from the Hurricanes.

"Miami's sending me letters and I've talked to coach (Aubrey) Hill and (Micheal) Barrow," the 6-foot-0, 197-pounder said. "They just said they like me, that I'm a UM type player."

Mack lists over 30 scholarship offers. But he's waiting on the Canes.

"They took a lot of linebackers and safeties last year," Mack said. "So they're loaded at both positions I play. I don't know if I'll get an offer."

Mack grew up a Cane fan and says if Miami does offer "They would be high because it's Miami, my dream school. But the depth chart is kind of hard."

Mack says he has no frontrunners right now, and he mentions Boston College, Wake Forest, West Virginia, Florida, Clemson, UCF and South Carolina as some of the schools he's seriously considering.

Last year Mack played primarily linebacker and finished with 136 tackles, eight sacks and two interceptions. He also ran the ball on offense and had 18 carries for over 400 yards. Nine of his carries resulted in scores.

"I've been a Miami fan my whole life," Mack said. "It bothers me (that he may not get an offer because of the number of linebackers already at Miami) because my heart is with the Hurricanes. I watch them, know everything about them. I'm a die-hard Hurricane fan. It hurts a bit, but that's how it goes."
 07-17-2008, 12:11 PM         #4089
CANEBOI11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Four-star GA athlete is ready to decide

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
Four-star athlete Prince Kent out of Norcross (GA) is set to make his decision. Over 20 schools have extended a scholarship offer to him and he is ready to end the process within the next week.

Prince Kent has over 20 scholarship offers.
"We have set things up for me and my teammate D.J. Adams to make our decisions on Monday July 21 at 11:30am EST," said Kent. "I know where I want to go and he knows where he wants to go, so we are ready to get it done."

After taking many visits, researching a lot of schools, and building relationships with coaches, Kent has narrowed his list to three.

"My final three schools are Alabama, Clemson, and Miami. I like all three of those, they are close to home, and I think I could do well at any one of them."

The 6-foot-3, 195-pound athlete has good things to say about each finalist.

Alabama: "They have great coaches, they are in the SEC, and a couple of guys (2006 signee Darius Hanks and 2007 signee Devonta Bolton) from our school have signed with them in the past. I like the school and I know I would not feel alone if I went there."

Clemson: "Clemson is very close to home and it is a very nice place. I had a great visit there, I liked the coaches there and the campus."

Miami: "They are kind of my hometown school because I am from Fort Lauderdale and I grew up following them. South Florida is a wonderful place and they have a lot of young talent there."

Other schools have been in pursuit of Kent, but he will choose one of the final three he lists on July 21 at his high school. It has been no secret that he wanted to decide early, so he is ready to let everyone know where he is going.

"I know where I am going and I am excited about it," Kent stated. "I am ready to commit so I can focus on the season, get qualified academically, and not worry about recruiting anymore. I have been preparing for this for a while now and I am very excited."

The Norcross athlete is versatile and he could play offense or defense on the next level, but all three finalists like him at one spot.

"They all like me in the secondary as a defensive back. I think I will play safety at the school I choose on Monday."
 8 years ago '06        #4090
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,716 | Props total: 12263 12263
 CANEBOI11 said:
My fault yall..i been gone for a minute and im back goin hard as eva..ill hook it up
:wow::applause::wow::applause:
 8 years ago '05        #4091
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,691 | Props total: 3804 3804
damn n*ggaz ya'll goin with the 2-QB system

8 years ago '06        #4092
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
 Junior G said:
damn n*ggaz ya'll goin with the 2-QB system

anything is an improvement from the joke at the position last year
 8 years ago '07        #4093
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
 P. Dedos said:
anything is an improvement from the joke at the position last year
At least Marve cant throw 1-14 with 3 picks against nc state
 07-17-2008, 03:52 PM         #4094
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Cane and Booie>>>>BXSC as a whole.
 8 years ago '08        #4095
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,015 | Props total: 167 167
Ay, how do ya`ll Canes feel about the whole QB race? Like, who are ya`ll pulling for, Marve or Jacory? As an outisde n*gga, I honestly like Jacory a lil more than Marve. His poise is just......
 8 years ago '04        #4096
booie4 
space
space
$4,879 | Props total: 605 605
The University of Miami Secondary struggled last year. The struggles came for a number of reasons.

First round draft choice Kenny Phillips didn't have the All-World type of season that many people expected. Even though he was a good safety, he didn't reach that Ed Reed/Sean Taylor level that so many had projected him for when he got to Miami as a freshman.

Glenn Sharpe started the season out battling injuries again and never really made the mark he expected in his career after playing so much his freshman year in 2002.

Randy Phillips was not a cornerback, yet he started the season out at corner. That adventure quickly ended as he was staring down the back of Oklahoma jerseys in Miami's 51-13 loss in Norman.

But Phillips won the position after outplaying the rest of the corners who were challenging for that position last Fall, including Bruce Johnson, Carlos Armour and Chavez Grant. With all those corners returning for their junior and senior seasons, the position remains up for grabs.

However, there is a new addition that will join the foray for the starting position in freshman Brandon Harris who sources have told InsideTheU.com is working in 7-on-7 drills at the nickel position.

Being such a student of the game and having the type of swivel hips and football instincts that Harris has, there is no doubt he will be given the chance to win the spot. Randy Shannon didn't give him his jersey number as a freshman without reason.

The other side is secure with sophomore DeMarcus Van Dke who earned the starting position to start the 2007 season, lost it, and then regained it because he remained the most consistent corner on the roster even though he was only a freshman that weighed barely 160 pounds.

With Van Dke returning, the coaches are counting on him to shut down one side of the field. Having gained about 20 pounds since arriving on campus and a solid 180 pounds now, Van Dke seems to be up for the task. By looking good in the Spring, Van Dke did nothing to hurt himself in terms of having the position locked up.

But the side across from him remains a huge question. If Johnson, Armour and Grant weren't good enough in 2007 in the opinion of the coaches to beat out a non-corner in Phillips at corner, wouldn't Harris be the logical choice to start opposite Van Dke because of his potential alone? It's the reason Van Dke was thrown into the mix so quickly last year.

When Johnson arrived on campus four years ago he was compared to his older cousin Kelly Jennings, but has not lived up to the hype that was created around him and has not become the kind of player that Jennings was, now in the NFL. But of the three upperclassmen, he would seem to be the most logical choice to be the starting corner if Harris is not able to win the job.

Armour is the biggest corner in the group at 6-foot-3, 205 pounds, but Armour's technique is lacking as he commits pass interference far too much to be a reliable choice. He also doesn't have the kind of hip movement and speed to keep up with fast and shifty receivers.

In Grant, he's been given chance after chance to win the spot, but hasn't done it. He's seemingly been more successful playing the nickel, a position he should stay at.

Overall, Harris it the player with the promise, he's the player with the potential and the he's the player who has a future at the University of Miami. Harris is the obvious choice to play opposite of Van Dke giving the 'Canes a pair of corners who can be dominating for at least the next two and probably three years.

Beyond having excellent safeties in the past, the 'Canes have produced some fantastic corners which helped them have the best passing defense in the country from 2000-2005.

If there are questions are corner, there are even bigger questions at Safety because both spots are clearly up for grabs.

Three seniors return in Phillips, Lovon Ponder and Anthony Redd*ck, who hasn't played a down of football in nearly two years, not including the Spring.

Phillips seems to be the closest thing to a lock to start albeit a lock with a key to be unlocked by the coaches if he has a bad day.

Ponder has been on again and off again throughout his career at Miami and battled some nagging injuries last year, while Redd*ck has had both his knees reconstructed after ACL tears. If Redd*ck can somehow find his form as a freshman, he can be a major surprise and will fill a major need at a position that UM historically produces All-Americans at.

Sophomore JoJo Nicolas should also be in the mix. With his youth and potential, Nicolas will get more time this season on the field and he'll be given every chance to run with the position as he is the player of the future along with incoming freshmen C.J. Holton, Vaughn Telemaque and C.J. Odom.

While there has been talk of potentially moving Telemaque to corner, he's a natural safety and a playmaker that makes you remember Ed Reed so any thoughts of moving Telemaque to corner should quickly be forgotten as he could be a starter at safety by midseason. Watch film on Telemaque and you find yourself mesmerized by what he does on the field.

One thing remains certain about the entire Secondary; only one spot is truly secure while the remaining positions are up for grabs. Who wants the spots the most will be answered in Fall practice.

My Projected Starters

CB - DeMarcus Van Dke
CB - Brandon Harris
S - Randy Phillips
S - Anthony Redd*ck
 8 years ago '04        #4097
booie4 
space
space
$4,879 | Props total: 605 605
When Fall practice starts in two weeks there will be one common denominator and that's underclassmen, specifically, the freshmen class which will have all the camera lenses pointing its way on August 2nd.

A third of the class enrolled early in January and got a chance to go through a grueling Spring practice and learn on the job. They took the bumps and bruises early, experienced a serious workout plan and got a good taste of college life.

The rest of the class joins them on the field on August 2nd when the 'Canes take the field for their first official Fall practice in a season that has question marks throughout, but also has high expectations because of the high quality of the freshmen class.

The names that immediately jump off the page are quarterback Jacory Harris, wide receiver Aldarius Johnson, linebacker Sean Spence, defensive tackle Marcus Forston, linebacker Arthur Brown, cornerback Brandon Harris, and safety Vaughn Telemaque.

Quite realistically, up to 20 freshmen could see action in the season opener against Charleston Southern.

But you can call the seven freshmen listed above, the "Special Seven."

The first five enrolled early so they have an advantage over Brandon Harris and Telemaque, but if there are seven freshmen that are expected to immediate impact, those are the seven.

Saturday, we ran into Jacory's dad, Northwestern defensive coordinator Rodney and Spence's father, Sam, at the Nike 7-on-7 at Miramar Regional Park.

Both parents, who also doubled as their son's coaches, have taken a step back letting their sons enjoy themselves at the University of Miami, however, both confirmed that things are looking good for both of their kids from the things their sons have told them.

For Spence, that was confirmed in the Spring as he lined up as a starting outside linebacker from Day 1. He never lost the spot and shouldn't lose the spot when Fall practice begins.

Harris has had to battled redshirt freshman Robert Marve for the starting quarterback position and although Marve is expected to win the overall battle for the position, sources have confirmed that Harris has been great in Summer 7-on-7 drills and throws a beautiful deep ball.

If there was any doubt that both quarterbacks wouldn't get a chance to get on the field regardless of the outcome of the quarterback battle, Randy Shannon confirmed Thursday in Tampa that both quarterbacks will play and not just in garbage time for the backup.

So what's the outlook for the "Special Seven" who are expected to see plenty of field action rather early:

QB Jacory Harris - Harris is in a battle with Marve for the starting quarterback position. For the most part, he looked good in both the scrimmage and the Spring Game and had good pocket presence. He is the underdog in the quarterback battle, but should expect to see about 30 percent of the snaps, especially in the season opener.

OLB Sean Spence - Spence earned a starting outside linebacker position in the Spring with Colin McCarthy missing the Spring. Starting next to him in the Spring were senior Glenn Cook and Daryl Sharpton. Clearly, there will be some shuffling going on at linebacker. Will McCarthy earn his spot back in the lineup? If so, which linebacker does he beat out, Sharpton or Spence? Odds are, it will be Sharpton that McCarthy leap frogs.

WR Aldarius Johnson - Johnson has the size, he has the footwork, he has the hands and he has the football instincts to be a playmaker, and not just a playmaker, but the top receiver the Hurricanes have. He was part of the four-man rotation in the Spring and could quite possibly be a starter when the season begins.

DT Marcus Forston - Forston was part of the three-man rotation in the Spring at defensive tackle with Antonio Dixon and Joe Joseph. Getting used to the daily grind and the constant pounding defensive tackles endure in the trenches was the main thing Forston had to get used to in the Spring. He said in the Spring it was like coming out of the womb again, but as he gets stronger, Forston will be on the field plenty. Center Xavier Shannon calls Forston "Mr. Five-Star." If that's not respect for you, what is?

OLB Arthur Brown - Brown took a little bit longer to get acclimated with college football than Spence for one main reason, the difference between high school football in Miami from that in Wichita, Kansas. But once Brown got the hang of it, the speed of the game and the type of physical action he'd have to face, people caught a glimpse of what he can become in the Spring Game. While he's not expected to start when the season begins, it wouldn't be so far fetched to see Brown and Spence starting on the outside with McCarthy starting in the middle. It's all about building for the future.

CB Brandon Harris - If Harris isn't starting when the season starts, something is clearly wrong. Harris was an All-World prospect who was promised his jersey number when getting to campus, something that never happens. Harris is already working as a nickel back in 7-on-7's. If DeMarcus Van Dke was the best corner Miami had last year in the Fall, Harris was an even better prospect coming out of high school and has all the physical tools to be a standout corner for the next four years.

S Vaughn Telemaque - Telemaque might have the hardest time of the freshmen to get into the rotation, but it won't be because he's not tremendously skilled. He faces more of an uphill battle because there are three seniors who are ahead of him at safety. At the same time, he brings reminders of Ed Reed in his ridiculous playmaking ability. At 6-foot-2, 195 pounds, he finished with eight interceptions as a senior at Long Beach Poly. He might not start this season, but Telemaque will find a way to get in the mix because safeties his size with his speed and athletic ability don't come around often. When all is said and done, Telemaque could arguably be the best recruit in this class.
 8 years ago '06        #4098
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
good looks famo!!!

damn cant wait till next year!!!

only 40 days or so left :wow:
 8 years ago '05        #4099
booker20 
space
space
$10,295 | Props total: 0 0
When choosing among quarterbacks Robert Marve, Jacory Harris and Cannon Smith, Miami coach Randy Shannon found there was only one solution that made sense.

He'll play at least two of them.

Redshirt freshman Robert Marve will share snaps with true freshman Jacory Harris this fall.
Shannon still hasn't selected a starter, but announced Thursday that he'll use multiple quarterbacks this season. But he's not revealing which two have the inside track on field time.

The Hurricanes don't have a single quarterback on the roster with any college snaps on their resume. Marve is a redshirt freshman, Harris a true freshman, and both were Florida high school record-setters before enrolling at Miami. Smith is in his first year at Miami as well.

"Whichever quarterback that we name, we're going to play the other one," Shannon said at the Florida Sports Writers a.ssociation College Football Media Days, again without specifying any of the quarterbacks by name and therefore not tipping his hand. "We need depth at every position on the field and that's the one position that we don't have depth at because they're young. They're good quarterbacks, but they're young."

Shannon said it won't be a platoon situation. The way he envisions it, one person will emerge as the clear starter, and another will play at certain times to get a feel for game action - in case that person gets called upon for a bigger role, for injury or any other reason.

Either way, it's a new era for "Quarterback U." The school that produced Vinny Testaverde, Bernie Kosar, Gino Torretta, Jim Kelly, Steve Walsh and Craig Erickson is starting over, at least at the game's marquee position.

"We can't go into the season not getting this other guy any experience and then have something unforeseen happen, like it always does in football," Shannon said. "So we're going to make sure both get reps."

Shannon said he doesn't expect to name a starter until before the Aug. 28 opener against Charleston Southern.

Marve led Tampa Plant High to a state championship and 15-0 record in 2006 after throwing for 48 touchdowns and 4,380 yards. Harris also went 15-0 as a senior, throwing for 49 touchdowns and 3,445 yards. Both were selected Florida's "Mr. Football" after their respective senior seasons. Smith had a strong spring for the Hurricanes as well, ensuring that it's not just a two-man race for the starting job.

The Hurricanes went 5-7 last season, a year where Kyle Wright and Kirby Freeman took the snaps under center. Wright graduated and exhausted his eligibility; Freeman got his degree and chose to transfer to Baylor for his final season. The offense - which has undergone several changes in recent years - simply didn't ever click with either quarterback and Miami struggled offensively throughout 2007.

"We're going to improve," Shannon said.
not a good look... they if you have 2 qbs u really dont have any especially when they have the same type game.... Marve aint the scrambler i thought he was
 8 years ago '06        #4100
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space

Home      

most viewed right now
Would You Put A Ring On It Even After Her Past?
19 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Maliah can get it boy damn
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside which heaux you trynna turn into a housewife??
176 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Kobe A.D. ID (my colorway) Your thoughts......
22 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Introduction to Pizzagate
139 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Dec 8 - Barely Half of 30-Year-Olds Earn More Than Their Parents
67 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
167 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy