Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
28 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oh My Damn!!!!
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
'Member Lil B?
32 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Derrick Rose high as sh-t
19 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #4001
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,654 | Props total: 3750 3750
2 MNW boys not gonna qualify...yeah that's a first :rolleyes:

I did hear Holton did get in though :sleepy:
 8 years ago '06        #4002
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,579 | Props total: 11962 11962
 Junior G said:
2 MNW boys not gonna qualify...yeah that's a first :rolleyes:

I did hear Holton did get in though :sleepy:

i thought they said ben jones got in?? and i thought washington was waiting on his test scores... what two players are u talking about famo?

8 years ago '05        #4003
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,654 | Props total: 3750 3750
 P. Dedos said:

i thought they said ben jones got in?? and i thought washington was waiting on his test scores... what two players are u talking about famo?

that's the 2 I was talking about

from reading off the Miami board....I guess maybe they is gettin in.
 8 years ago '06        #4004
Against D Grain 
space
space
$6,257 | Props total: 125 125
Tough break on HitStick Holton, I'm sure he will be there next year..
 06-25-2008, 03:59 PM         #4005
CANEBOI11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
people peoples ima member on canesport.com and everybody is in except for
C.J. Holton, C.J. Odom, Brandon Washington and Antonio Harper. Cj holton can still get in he can still raise his gpa a little bit more. Brandon Washington is still waiting for his act score..if he gets a 17 hes good to go..Antonio Harper is waiting for his final transcripts but doesnt know when they will come in..if it doesnt add up to what he needs..he will be headed to prep school but HE WILL NOT OPEN UP HIS RECRUITMENT..his mother said they hope they hope he can report July 31st...CJ Odom is waiting for his test scores..his schoolwork is in order its just his test scores...everyone can possibly still get in..well just have to wait and see.
 8 years ago '06        #4006
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
good looks caneboi
 06-26-2008, 07:40 PM         #4007
CANEBOI11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Detroit (MI) Cass Tech High School CB Dior Mathis attended all three days of the recent Randy Shannon Summer Camp, and he emerged with the Defensive Back MVP award.

That's even more impressive considering he's a rising junior. Despite his age, he's already getting plenty of college attention. Miami, Florida and several other top programs are sending him recruiting mail. Colleges can't officially offer until Sept. 1 per NCAA rules.

But he believes he'll get a lot of offers on his doorstep that day, including Miami.

And, if the Cane offer does arrive, he says not to be surprised if he pulls the trigger right away.

"Right now I'm thinking about committing to Miami Sept. 1," he said. "I talked to my family, and they want me to commit too."

His family went to Miami with him for the summer camp.

"They want me to go there, too," Mathis said.

The chances he commits a.ssuming he gets an offer Sept. 1?

"Right now it's a 98 percent chance," he said. "I love it. That's been my dream school since I've been little. I love Miami. I've been loving Miami ever since I've been playing football. One day when I was 10 I turned on the TV – I started liking the colors, didn't even find out about the school until the next year. I saw people going from there to the NFL, how coaches make their players ready for pro ball."

Mathis says he decided to attend the summer camp because "I love the school so much and I had to show them what I've got."

He worked with coach Wesley McGriff at the summer camp.

"I love coach McGriff and he loves me also," Mathis said. "He was so impressed, had already heard about my skill level and he was very impressed.

"I also talked to coach Shannon at the camp. He said how I had good footwork."

Of his overall time in Miami, Mathis said, "That was my first time there and I loved it. It was just amazing, seeing South Beach, checking out the beaches."

Mathis says other schools on his early short list are Michigan, Ohio State, LSU and USC.

Last year as a sophomore Mathis finished with three interceptions and had six touchdowns at running back.
 06-26-2008, 07:41 PM         #4008
CANEBOI11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Garland (TX) South Garland High School OL Jeramie Roberts took an unofficial visit to Miami two weekends ago and was blown away.

"It was great, was really cool," the 6-foot-4, 305-pounder said. "It's a very beautiful campus, a beautiful area."

He enjoyed the visit so much that the Canes are now his frontrunner.

"Miami's at the top," Roberts said. "I have four main colleges I'm looking at – Miami, Kansas, Baylor and Colorado. Miami's high above the other three. I haven't been to Kansas or Colorado yet, so I'll see when I go there."

If the Canes remain at the top after he takes those two visits, which could happen by the end of July, he'll be heading to Miami.

He has offers from all of his top four choices.

"When I was there all the coaching staff was real nice," Roberts said. "I got to hang out with most of the offensive linemen. They were just talking to me, telling me to pick a college I'd want to go to. They were going on and on about Miami, told me a lot of good things. Miami's a great school to go to, a very good opportunity.

"Miami coaches know how much I like it there. I talked to them a lot while I was there. We talked about all the things that will be going on there."

Roberts also got a face-to-face meeting with school president Donna Shalala while on the visit.

"She was talking about how Miami's a very good academic college beside a good football college, how the students are, that it's a family kind of college," Roberts said. "And I noticed that when I was looking around the college. It was really neat."

Roberts is also building a strong relationship with UM line coach Jeff Stoutland.

"All the offensive linemen there talked highly of him - he's very straightforward with us, is very well-spoken and I like him a lot," Roberts said.

Roberts played only defense last year, finishing with 14 sacks, three forced fumbles and three fumble recoveries. He's playing right guard this year and will also play in some specialty situations on defense.

He played both ways as a freshman and sophomore, and every college is recruiting him for offensive line with the excpeiton of Purdue, which wants him on the defensive line.
 8 years ago '06        #4009
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
ooooooooooooooooooooooo weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

kids fastttttttttttttttttttttt

:applause::applause::applause:
 8 years ago '06        #4010
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
new commit folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

looks like we goin wit 3 headed monster for this class

06-28-2008, 02:25 PM         #4011
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 8 years ago '06        #4012
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
Here's a interesting quote from James on insidetheu site

According to James, the staff told him he would be the last running back commitment they take for the class of 2009. "They said me and Bryce Brown will be the only two," James said. "They only want two in the class and that will be me and Bryce Brown."

:wow::wow::wow:
 8 years ago '08        #4013
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,014 | Props total: 156 156
 P. Dedos said:
Here's a interesting quote from James on insidetheu site

According to James, the staff told him he would be the last running back commitment they take for the class of 2009. "They said me and Bryce Brown will be the only two," James said. "They only want two in the class and that will be me and Bryce Brown."

:wow::wow::wow:
Lamar Miller?
 8 years ago '04        #4014
1000bluntz 
space
space
$15,025 | Props total: 2224 2224
Holy sh*t. Miller's grades must be fu*king atrocious or Shannon is lying his a.ss off. The Gators need to get on that n*gga regardless, maybe he squeaks in like Devine or some sh*t. We usually don't go after kids with grade issues but we did go after Dee Finley last year and he's going to have to wait and go to prep until January before he can enroll. Finley is the only guy I can think of that hasn't qualified from the jump. This will be interesting to see how this plays out. Regardless this has to help us with Berry at least, once he goes up to OSU when it's freezing and snowing that could help also.
 8 years ago '04        #4015
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
james is a nice solid pickup, we havent had a big, bruising back since najeh davenport..... but i'm greedy and want miller too.

hopefully he improves his grades dramatically because i dont see shannon saying no to him if he really wants to come here. we're not in the luxurious position where we can deny any talented kids no matter how much depth we have at a particular position.
 8 years ago '04        #4016
1000bluntz 
space
space
 madness said:
james is a nice solid pickup, we havent had a big, bruising back since najeh davenport..... but i'm greedy and want miller too.

hopefully he improves his grades dramatically because i dont see shannon saying no to him if he really wants to come here. we're not in the luxurious position where we can deny any talented kids no matter how much depth we have at a particular position.
Yeah but if y'all did take a commit from Miller if he does get his sh*t together Shannon would look really sh*tty in that situation after what he told James. Yet you can't deny a talent like that. This will be interesting...
 8 years ago '04        #4017
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,789 | Props total: 1391 1391
 1000bluntz said:
Yeah but if y'all did take a commit from Miller if he does get his sh*t together Shannon would look really sh*tty in that situation after what he told James. Yet you can't deny a talent like that. This will be interesting...
things Change. kind like last year Taylor Cook was told we were only taking 2 QB's and then we get Cannon Smith.
 06-29-2008, 11:16 AM         #4018
CANEBOI11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
In the end, all it took for the Canes to land their latest commitment was mom's okay.

Davenport (Fla.) Ridge High School RB Mike James said earlier this week that if he enjoyed an unofficial visit to Miami today he would commit on the spot.

He went on the visit and enjoyed it.

But he didn't pull the trigger on the visit. Now he has, though – he talked things over with his mother after returning home and made the decision to give his pledge to the Canes.

"I committed," he said. "After we got home me and my family talked about it. I talked to coach (Clint) Hurtt and said I want to be a Hurricane. He said `Oh, that's great!' and `Welcome to the family.'

"It's good to finally make a decision. I'm glad I'm part of the Hurricane family. It's a done deal. I'm a Hurricane. I'm probably not taking any other visits."

Of the visit today to UM, the 6-foot-0, 209-pounder with 4.59-second speed said, "It was great. I had a great vibe with the coaches and everything was great.

"I spent a lot of time with coach (Clint) Hurtt and the strength and conditioning coach. I met the president (Donna Shalala), toured the school. I met players and everyone seemed down to earth, real cool. I also watched the first 7-on-7 practice - that was awesome. They were throwing the ball nicely."

James was on campus from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. He didn't get to meet with head coach Randy Shannon, though – "he wasn't there, had to take care of some other business," James said.

Of the overall visit, he said, "I got all my questions answered, everything I wanted to hear about everything. They didn't put any pressure on me. They were willing to answer anything I had to ask."

James first received a Cane offer early this month.

"I didn't know it was coming," he said. "I hadn't been hearing from the Big 3 at all, so I was thinking I'd play ball out of state."

James has family in the area – his aunt and cousins live in Fort Lauderdale, and he says every summer he spends at least a week or two in South Florida.

James lists over 20 scholarship offers, and depending on who you ask his running style is reminiscent of Eddie George, Edgerrin James and Adrian Peterson.

Last year this James rushed 198 times for over 1,100 yards with 15 touchdowns. He also had four receiving scores out of the backfield.
 8 years ago '04        #4019
1000bluntz 
space
space
I heard from some people that on top of Miller's sh*tty grades he also has a really bad shoulder, that's why teams been backing off him.
 8 years ago '07        #4020
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
 1000bluntz said:
I heard from some people that on top of Miller's sh*tty grades he also has a really bad shoulder, that's why teams been backing off him.
fu*k grades and injuries, Miller can straight up ball

We better end up with him regardless
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Best Twerking Vines
31 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
360 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
162 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
156 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside J Cole 4 Your Eyez Only Documentary! Drake Stans Come See a TRUE Hip Ho..
36 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Soulja Boy caught Pump faking he in Singapore but really in a ratcher ..
57 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 2 - Man who gunned down ex-NFL player in road rage case released wi..
142 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy