most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Melissa Ford !!
29 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kool Killa Klay Highlights vs Pacers (2016.12.05) 60 points, Grand Wizadry
66 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #3981
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
Luther Robinson | DT

Hometown: Fort Pierce, FL
Fort Pierce Westwood High School
Ht: 6'2" Wt: 275

Evaluation

Robinson is a productive two-way lineman at the high school level. He is a physical run blocker on offense, but will likely play on the defensive side in college, at least to start off. He has adequate size and displays a good get-off. Is a kid that displays good raw strength and you can see that on offense when he is able to push defenders off the ball. He needs to watch his pad level, but he can be tough to push off the ball versus the run. Will flash the ability to derive power from his hips and can stand a blocker up when he does that, but needs to be more consistent. On both sides of the ball has a tendency to fire out with his head down and get himself overextended. Moves well laterally and has a good motor. Flashes a solid burst to the ball, but needs to work on his angles of pursuit. He is a solid tackler. He can be active with his hands, but needs to be more consistent. He will let blockers get into his chest and can have trouble quickly shedding at times. As a pass rusher he will work to get to a blockers shoulder and can push his way up-field. Needs to keep developing pass rush moves to help separate. Will give good effort and will stay after the quarterback if he is initially blocked. Robinson is a good prospect who displays some good versatility. Needs to keep cleaning up some parts of his game, but displays good ability on both sides of the ball.
Notes

Committed during junior year. Has run a 5.18 40-yard dash... 24.2 inch vertical...
 8 years ago '06        #3982
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,595 | Props total: 12025 12025
ruben randle this weekend

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '04        #3983
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,792 | Props total: 1397 1397
 P. Dedos said:
ruben randle this weekend

[pic - click to view]

kiss of death....
 8 years ago '06        #3984
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
these lames cant keep our names out there mouths

"At first I thought (Shannon) would say no, but he was real cool about it," said Charles, who lists a Cane scholarship offer. "Coach Pannunzio asked him and he said yes.

"It was a half hour tour. He showed me engineering classes – that's my major, and things like that. It was just me and him."

Charles had some questions for Shannon.

One involved negative recruiting – Charles said he'd been hearing rumors about Shannon not staying at UM long-term.

"That was a main question I wanted to ask him because I'd heard that from other people - he told me he's not going anywhere, that he has a four-year contract," Charles said. "I also asked about dorms, food, classes. He said it's 10 hours of study hall each week and they're rebuilding new dorms and they get a card to swipe for food whenever they want."
 06-17-2008, 02:55 PM         #3985
CANEBOI11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Bastrop (LA) High School five-star WR Rueben Randle spent the last three days on the University of Miami's campus and says "The visit went well."

Randle says he's seriously considering becoming a Cane, but that he'll be weighing all of his options.

"The visit helped Miami," he said. "I was just going around and meeting everybody, coaches and players."

He spoke with coach Randy Shannon and says, "He was just talking to me, advising me and stuff. He's a real cool guy, real laid-back, keeps it real with you."

Randle says he'll make a college decision based on "The people I'll be around, who keeps it real with you."

Now Randle is heading to Georgia for a Thursday visit. He'll either go to LSU or California from there as he continues a college tour to help narrow his choices.

Randle says he has no frontrunners right now and that he hopes to have things narrowed down by the start of his senior season.

"It's a good chance Miami will be in there," he said.

Miami certainly will be if his brother has any say. Deatrick Mitchell, 37, is taking the visits with Randle.

"He's been a Hurricane fan for about 25 years," Randle says.

Mitchell spent the three days at UM at Randle's side.

"He seemed to like what was going on, the camaraderie the players had," said Mitchell, who is a regular CaneSport.com message board contributor. "The players were coming up to him, introducing themselves. When a coach asked what he experienced best, he said the closeness of everyone there."

Mitchell said he wants to see his brother pick the college that best suits him. And if that's Miami, all the better.

"We'll take visits, check everyone out and come down to a final five and will visit those," Mitchell said. "I'm going to love him wherever he goes. There's no secret I'd love him to come here."

Randle says he has no timetable for making a decision. And he'll eventually make one college's coaching staff very happy.

Last year Randle finished with 65 receptions for 1,068 yards and 11 touchdowns.

"He's a special receiver," Bastrop coach Brad Bradshaw said. "We've had other athletes here, but we haven't had many like him that have the total package – size, strength, he can run, is intelligent, is good with people, is just an all-around very good young man."
 06-17-2008, 02:56 PM         #3986
CANEBOI11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jacksonville Raines High School DE Lawrence Henderson attended all three days of the Randy Shannon summer camp, emerging with Defensive End MVP honors.

After the camp ended Henderson sought out defensive line coach Clint Hurtt and defensive coordinator Bill Young.

"Coach, I'm coming to Miami," he told them.

"Coach Hurtt said, `We'd love to have you here,' and the coordinator said, `We won't say no,'" Henderson said. "They were excited."

Just one problem: Henderson hadn't cleared the commitment with his family. His mother, Jacqueline, had asked him to come home and discuss things before making any final decision.

"His word's his bond, and he has to make sure first," Jacqueline said. "Yes he would like to go to Miami, but at this time we're still unsure as to what's going to be best for him academically, not just on that football field."

Henderson had previously told CaneSport.com that it's "a done deal" for Miami.

But now the Canes will have to wait a while before getting that definitive word.

Henderson lists other offers from West Virginia, East Carolina, Indiana, Alabama State, Florida A&M, Western Kentucky and Appalachian State.

Henderson grew up thinking basketball was his future.

But then the school's football coach, Cedric Thornton, talked the 6-foot-5, 220-pounder into coming out for the football team last year.

He missed four games with a knee injury, and had a handful of sacks. He didn't attend any combines, but showed college coaches enough potential that he landed some offers this spring.

Including Miami.

After getting the offer he told CaneSport he might make a decision after the camp.

But that decision came a little too quickly. Regardless, Henderson said he had a great experience at UM.

"I loved working with coach Hurtt," Henderson said. "He was professional. He taught me stuff, kept working with me. I kept learning. He got me better. I did well, just went out and competed, did my thing."

Henderson said he held his own against a top national prospect, offensive lineman Xavier Su'a Filo, who attended the camp from Utah.

"I went against him every time, all the time," Henderson said. "I did well with him. I didn't even know who he was until after the camp."

Just how good is Henderson?

"Lawrence is a 6-5, 220-pound kid that thought he was a basketball player," Raines High coach Cedric Thornton said. "I convinced him you cannot dribble or shoot, so let me show you how to make some money. What he does well right now is he just doesn't quit. His motor – he's learning how to rush the passer, how to play the run. What he does well is he has a beautiful frame, works hard, loves the weight room. Everyone that looks at this kid says he'll be 270, 280 with no problem. I think he'll be a very dynamic pass rusher. He's a big kid with long arms who can run."

* Henderson's teammate, rising junior Louis Nix, received the DL award at the camp
 06-17-2008, 02:57 PM         #3987
CANEBOI11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Tampa (Fla.) Plant High School TE Orson Charles knew he wanted to get to know coach Randy Shannon better. So, he figured, what better way to learn more about UM's coach than get a private tour of campus from him?

Charles was planning to attend the summer camp on Sunday and asked his recruiter, Joe Pannunzio, if Shannon would show him around the school.

"At first I thought (Shannon) would say no, but he was real cool about it," said Charles, who lists a Cane scholarship offer. "Coach Pannunzio asked him and he said yes.

"It was a half hour tour. He showed me engineering classes – that's my major, and things like that. It was just me and him."

Charles had some questions for Shannon.

One involved negative recruiting – Charles said he'd been hearing rumors about Shannon not staying at UM long-term.

"That was a main question I wanted to ask him because I'd heard that from other people - he told me he's not going anywhere, that he has a four-year contract," Charles said. "I also asked about dorms, food, classes. He said it's 10 hours of study hall each week and they're rebuilding new dorms and they get a card to swipe for food whenever they want."

Of the overall tour, Charles said, "It was my first time seeing (the entire campus) and I liked it. I'd been there before but hadn't gotten a tour. The head coach gave me a tour, so I felt kind of special."

Charles had visited the Georgia campus on Saturday before driving to UM on Sunday. He participated in the camp at Miami that day.

"I worked with (coach) Pannunzio," Charles said. "He was teaching me how to get in a stance, short steps, explosion and catching the ball through traffic."

Of where Miami stands in his recruiting picture, Charles said, "They're still up there. I'm still evaluating. I'm going to have my top 5 or 10 at the end of the summer. Miami will be in there."

After Charles left UM he headed to the University of Florida, where he's camping today.

He says his most recent offers are from Clemson and Rutgers. He lists other offers from the likes of Oklahoma, Ohio State, Georgia, FSU and Kansas.
 8 years ago '06        #3988
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
good looks caneboi
 06-17-2008, 03:15 PM         #3989
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Big ups Cane
 8 years ago '04        #3990
booie4 
space
space
$4,874 | Props total: 586 586
"Miami was nice, I loved the city. It's by the ocean. It was real nice."

Green says he spent most of his time while at UM working with defensive backs coach Wesley McGriff.

"He was telling us since I'll be playing defensive back about all the DB's that have been through the program," Green said. "He talked about winning another championship, how he needs some good defensive backs to come in."

Green took the visit with his brother and father.

"They loved it, too," he said. "They just liked all the scenery, thought it was a great place."

Green's highlight of the visit?

"I really liked how while we were at the camp how coach McGriff ran his drills," Green said. "He stayed on his players until everything was perfect. I liked the campus even though it was kind of small. I think it could fit me pretty well."

Green says he also spent some time with UM tailback Shawnbrey McNeal.

"He was telling me the Miami team, it's like a big family, that everyone looks out for each other," Green said. "He said that it's a team of brothers."

Of where his time at UM puts the Canes, Green said, "Miami's way up there. I really like the program. They're definitely one of my top schools."

Green now has some other visits on tap. He says he'll visit Ohio State this week, and then Illinois.

"I'll be taking my official visits, and I know for a fact that Miami will be an official visit," he said.

For now Green isn't listing any favorites.

But Miami certainly left an impression.

"Coach McGriff said I'm a top cornerback he's going to be trying to get," Green said. "It was a great weekend."
 8 years ago '04        #3991
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
I didn't expect to write about football this week, but I'll make it quick. Baseball deserves ALL the focus.

But I saw the news where incoming freshman linebacker Zach Kane was arrested and charged with aggravated a.ssault. He is accused of breaking a bottle over a 21-year-old man's head at a college graduation party.

If guilty, the question is whether the University of Miami will honor its scholarship offer. Coach Randy Shannon has been real big on character and it will be interesting to see what decision is made. We've seen Shannon punish guys for being late to practice or missing class, so what happens now? He released a statement earlier today:

“I am aware of the situation involving Zach Kane and am in the process of gathering more information," Shannon said in the statement. "We hold our current and future student-athletes to an extremely high standard. It is important that Zach and his family focus on resolving this issue. I will have no further comment until Zach’s legal issue has gone through the judicial system.”

I won't pass judgment because I don't know Zach Kane from Zach Morris. I do know Kane has a history of controlling his temper on the field. He was ejected a couple of times during his high school career. When I spoke to him last month, we discussed those incidents. He simply said they were just overblown.

UM probably hasn't dealt with anything like this since Willie Williams in 2004 and we all know how that turned out. Stay tuned ...
 8 years ago '06        #3992
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
new commit

06-19-2008, 09:56 PM         #3993
CANEBOI11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Fort Myers High School TE Stephen Plein isn't a major name on national recruiting boards.

He played for a small school in Georgia - Canton (Ga.) Sequoyah High – before transferring to Fort Myers (Fla.) High School in January. He opened eyes with a strong spring, earning offers from Eastern Carolina, Eastern Michigan and Marshall.

And he was poised to land more offers with a busy summer camp schedule that included stops at Miami, Ohio State, Louisville, Kentucky and NC State.

His first stop was UM, where he participated in the Randy Shannon Summer Camp this past Sunday. Cane coaches were impressed, and he received an offer yesterday during a phone call to coach Tommie Robinson.

"They offered me and I committed right away," said Plein, a 6-foot-6, 240-pounder who grew up in Forth Myers before moving to Georgia as an 8-year-old. "It's all said and done. Miami's close to home, and I don't want to go out of state. I love the campus, the tradition. I've been a Cane fan for a pretty long time. I love the coaching staff."

Plein won't be attending camps at the other schools now.

"I'm not taking any other visits, it's a done deal," Plein said. "I'm 100 percent solid to Miami. I'm going to sign with Miami, and I'm thinking about graduating early."

Plein worked at tight end at the summer camp, but he says coaches have also mentioned defensive end and offensive line as possibilities. He'll play defensive end for the first time this season in addition to tight end.

"Stephen's a kid blessed with a lot of natural ability," Fort Myers High coach Sam Sirianni said. "He's got a great physique. I think he's still a pup. He's got good ball skills, he moves well. If he has a growth spurt you don't know what position he'll end up playing. He's a big boy, has a lot of ability and upside ahead of him. He's still a raw talent that can only get better."

Plein finished his junior season with nine catches for 160 yards and one touchdown. He played mostly as a slot receiver. As a sophomore he caught 11 passes for 200 yards and two scores.

He's put on 20 pounds since last season.

"The kid's physicalness and size speaks for itself," Sirianni said. "The athleticism piques a lot of interest. If he's 6-7 and 280 and outgrows tight end, he'll be a great tackle. In another month he'd have had five or six offers from the big boys."

Plein says there's one name he's heard since seventh grade when people see him play: Jeremy Shockey.

"Everyone at the camp was calling me another Jeremy Shockey," he said. "Everyone calls me Shockey. I have blond hair. I'm not built completely like him, but I kind of look like him in pads and play like him. He's also kind of like my football hero."

Plein can in part thank his teammate, Cane signee C.J. Odom, for getting UM to begin recruiting him.

"C.J., he helped get Miami to look at me in the first place," Plein said. "He said they had a good kid here and to come check me out. They came to a practice and watched my spring game and then I went to the camp."

Plein says he's not worrying about his future position at UM, but says "more than likely" he'll begin as a tight end.

"I've always had a hard time putting on weight and keeping it on," he said. "I could probably get up to 270. Coach (Randy) Shannon said if I get up to 295 I could play offensive line. With Miami's strength program it's possible, but they want me to play tight end I think."

He says when he was at UM "They were battling in the coaches' office – the defensive line coach and tight ends coach said it's going to be a big battle for which side of the ball they want me to play. But I'll most likely be playing tight end."

Plein says the Cane offer lifted a big weight off his chest.

"It's the biggest thing that's ever happened to me," he said. "It's what I've been working for since seventh grade. All the hard work has finally paid off. It almost hasn't set in yet, but I'm going to be a Hurricane. There's no more recruiting."
 8 years ago '08        #3994
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,014 | Props total: 156 156
Here`s a interview with Jakhari Gore at the Dolphins 7 on 7

Gore-"Go Canes baby I love `em!"

Lucky bastards, ya`ll are gonna clean up pretty big next year. Maybe we`ll be able to stick our hands over the fence a little bit without worrying about Randy`s pitbulls biting at us;)
 8 years ago '05        #3995
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,667 | Props total: 3775 3775

Cane's countdown....#41
 06-22-2008, 01:26 AM         #3996
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Junior G said:

Cane's countdown....#41

For us to make any noise we need a lot of things to happen but I like the team. We need Hurricane James to be like he was as a Freshman. We need Marve to play like a real QB and we need some of star defensive freshman to step up. Like Fortson.. We are known for those impact D-Tackles. So he better show up or get the fu*k out
 06-22-2008, 01:30 AM         #3997
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You know what else is crazy, remember how close we were to getting LeSean McCoy from Pitt? Whatever though were going to be getting some crazy backs the next couple of years. Hurricane James needs a big year and then bounce to the NFL or hes going to get left behind.
 8 years ago '05        #3998
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
so who didnt qualify academically?
 8 years ago '04        #3999
booie4 
space
space
$4,874 | Props total: 586 586
With the first summer session at the University of Miami set to begin, incoming freshmen say they are reporting tomorrow.

And it appears as of now that all the signees will get through admissions except for four student-athletes - C.J. Holton, C.J. Odom, Brandon Washington and Antonio Harper.

Other signees that were on the fence academically in the last month were Benjamin Jones, Gavin Hardin and Andrew Smith. Jones says he will be reporting for the second summer session while Hardin and Smith say they will be on campus tomorrow.
 8 years ago '05        #4000
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,667 | Props total: 3775 3775
fu*k Holton....

"Holton said Tuesday he expects to qualify." :sick:
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside South African Snowbunny Fitness Trainer(Lawd Have Mercy!!)
81 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This website shows how frighteningly quick the internet knows everythi..
6 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - The People's Cabinet?...Trump's administration for millionaire..
119 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Killing Me Softy
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 4 - Man With Gun Arrested at Comet Ping Pong
176 comments
1 day ago