most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Melissa Ford !!
48 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kool Killa Klay Highlights vs Pacers (2016.12.05) 60 points, Grand Wizadry
87 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #381
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
schedule looks interesting
 10 years ago '04        #382
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,792 | Props total: 1398 1398
07 is a hard year..and 08 is even harder.
 10 years ago '04        #383
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
the non-conference part, especially oklahoma and texas a&m, should be fun to watch
 12-12-2006, 10:51 PM         #384
P DEDOS 954 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
our O line is gettin more experiance

and you already know we got baby james

looks like our defense is on point too

cant wait too see if any of the freshman we get back an impact too

only 9 more months tho to wait :hang:
 12-13-2006, 01:40 PM         #385
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
December 13, 2006

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Robert Marve bioVideo highlights

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Tampa (Fla.) Plant High School QB Robert Marve is an Alabama commitment.

Marve is committed to Alabama.
But, with the coaching staff shakeup there, he says he may be opening things up in the near future.

"I am still committed to Alabama, but I have to find out who the new coach is," Marve said. "I have to make sure I'm comfortable with the coaching staff. I like the campus a lot, but I liked the coaching the most. Coach (Mike) Shula coached my dad when he played for the Bucs (Eugene Marve played for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers from 1986-90)."

With Shula gone, Marve says, "I have to figure things out. There has been a lot of schools calling. I stayed away from it during the season. I just won a state championship, so now I've been talking to coaches a little bit."

Miami is recruiting Marve hard.

"Miami definitely has a chance," he says. "Florida's also in it, LSU, Alabama and one or two more. I really am interested in Miami, but I haven't sat down and thought about it too much."

Marve says he doesn't know much about the UM program.

"I haven't talked to the new guy [Randy Shannon] yet," he said. "I've been talking to coach Joe Pannunzio. I talked to him [Tuesday]. He's come to the school a couple of times, and Miami's trying to set up an in-home visit."

Marve says he will set up his official visits for January and make a final decision from there.

He set a state record with 4,372 passing yards and 48 touchdowns this season. He was intercepted 13 times.

In the state title game he helped his team to victory with 30 of 46 completions for 305 yard and three scores.

Marve has been a starter at Plant High since his sophomore season.
 12-13-2006, 01:40 PM         #386
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ecember 13, 2006

Jim Martz, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Doug Wiggins bioVideo highlights

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

North Miami Beach High School athlete Doug Wiggins spoke with coach Randy Shannon on Sunday.

"He called, was saying he wanted me to stop by the school, but I couldn't," Wiggins said.

Wiggins' primary recruiter this year has been Shannon.

"He'd said before he was named head coach that he liked the way I played," Wiggins said. "He's an excellent recruiter. Being from Miami, knowing about what kids my age growing up here go through, he can relate to it.

"I was very happy (he was named head coach). I was also surprised he was named coach."

Wiggins has previously said he's wide open.

He says that's still the case among his favorites.

But he does say Shannon's hiring "has an effect because I have a bond with him and he's been recruiting me. It made that bond a little stronger when he was named head coach."

Wiggins will announce a final decision Dec. 22 at his school's football banquet.

"I don't know right now where I'm going to go, but it was the right time to do it," said Wiggins, who has already graduated high school and will be on a campus somewhere in January.

Wiggins has a busy week - he left for Western Michigan yesterday and will then go to North Carolina and South Carolina.

He says he won't take an official visit to Miami.

"I've already been there a couple of times, so I pretty much know what I need to know," Wiggins said.
 12-13-2006, 01:41 PM         #387
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
December 13, 2006

CaneSport.com Staff

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room

CaneSport reported Dec. 10 that former Arizona State head coach Dirk Koetter, who built a reputation as an offensive wizard at Boise State in the late 1990s but was recently fired because he couldn't get the Sun Devils out of the middle of the Pac-10 pack, is emerging as a top candidate to become offensive coordinator and possibly a.ssistant head coach at the University of Miami.

And Minnesota Vikings quarterbacks coach Kevin Rogers is emerging as the other candidate for the offensive coordinator job along with Koetter.

This is Rogers' 32nd season of coaching with 28 at the collegiate level. He has coached an impressive list of players and been fortunate to coach alongside some of the legends of the game, sharing the sideline with Woody Hayes and Frank Beamer while coaching the likes of Donovan McNabb, Marvin Harrison and Napolean McCallum during his career.
Rogers spent the 2002-05 seasons at Virginia Tech where he guided back-to-back Hokies QBs to impressive performances. Rogers helped Bryan Randall etch his name throughout the school record book as he became the all-time leader in passing yards, TDs and total offense. Randall ended his career in 2004 with Atlantic Coast Conference Player of the Year and Offensive Player of the Year honors. In 2005, Rogers guided Marcus Vick in his debut as a starter and on to 1st-Team All-ACC honors. Vick led the ACC in pass efficiency and the Hokies led the conference in scoring offense at 33.8 points per game with a league-high 51 TDs. The Hokies amassed a 39-14 record in Rogers' tenure, won the ACC title in 2004 and played in the 1st ACC Championship Game in 2005 after winning the ACC Coastal Division. The team advanced to bowl games in each of the 4 seasons.

Prior to his stint at Virginia Tech, Rogers spent 1999-01 at Notre Dame as offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach on Bob Davie's staff. Rogers worked with QB Jarious Jackson in his final season and helped the senior signal-caller leave with the single-season passing yardage record in 1999 and set school marks for attempts and completions. Jackson ended his career as the 4th-ranked Irish QB in school history and was selected in the 7th round of the 2000 NFL Draft, the first Irish QB drafted since Rick Mirer in 1993. The 2000 Irish went 9-3 and were invited to the Fiesta Bowl in the school's debut in a Bowl Championship Series game.

Rogers first became acquainted with Vikings Head Coach Brad Childress when the Philadelphia Eagles were evaluating Rogers' star pupil, Donovan McNabb, before the 1999 NFL Draft. McNabb excelled under Rogers' tutelage, leaving Syracuse with the majority of the school's passing records and earning 3 straight Big East Offensive Player of the Year awards from 1996-98 before being drafted #2 overall by the Eagles. Individually, McNabb was one of the most decorated players in team history, but other Orange players benefited from Rogers teaching as well. From 1992-98 Syracuse QBs were prominent in league play as McNabb was a 1st-Team All-Big East choice in each of his 4 seasons (1995-98), Kevin Mason earned 1st-team acclaim in 1994 and Marvin Graves was a 2nd-team choice in 1992 when he ranked 2nd in the nation in passing. Graves held the school records that McNabb would soon break as both still stand among the top QBs in school history. Rogers helped groom future NFL stars Marvin Harrison, Qadry Ismail and Rob Konrad in his tenure.

Syracuse posted an impressive record during Rogers' 8 seasons with the team, going 68-26-1, tieing for the 1996 Big East title and winning the crown outright in 1997 and '98 to become the first team in conference history to win 3 straight championships. Syracuse played in 6 bowl games during that span and had a 6-2 mark. Rogers joined the team in 1991 as quarterbacks coach on Pasqualoni's staff. He was named a.ssistant head coach in 1995, served as recruiting coordinator from 1995-97 and was promoted to offensive coordinator in 1997.

Rogers spent 1983-90 on the staff at Navy where he spent 7 seasons working with the offense and future NFL standout Napolean McCallum. From 1980-82 he coached RBs at his alma mater, William & Mary. Rogers got his start in coaching at Virginia Beach's Bayside High (1974-76) before serving as a graduate a.ssistant at Ohio State under the legendary Woody Hayes in 1977-78.

Rogers earned his bachelor's degree in 1974 from William & Mary where he played LB and went on to receive a master's degree from Ohio State in 1978. Rogers joins Vikings Defensive Coordinator Mike Tomlin and Pro Bowl FS Darren Sharper as graduates of the College of William & Mary, the 2nd-oldest college in the United States. Rogers and his wife, Betty, have 3 children- Kevin, Megan and Ryan. Kevin is a former Villanova QB who is a scouting a.ssistant for the Indianapolis Colts.

Rogers played linebacker in college at Massanutten Academy (1969-70) and William & Mary (1971-73).

Coaching Information:
1974-76 Bayside (VA) High
1977-78 Ohio State
1979 Mainland (FL) High
1980-82 William & Mary
1983-90 Navy
1991-98 Syracuse
1999-01 Notre Dame
2002-05 Virginia Tech
 10 years ago '04        #388
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
CANES LAND ANOTHER WR COMMITMENT

[pic - click to view]

VIDEO:

Bradenton Prep wide receiver Jermaine McKenzie told CaneSport Dec. 6 that he would decommit from Alabama to Miami if the Canes offered him a scholarship.

This afternoon that offer came during a meeting between McKenzie's family and Cane coach Marquis Mosely.

"I committed about an hour ago," said McKenzie, who is the second receiver to commit to UM in two days and the fifth receiver in this recruiting class. "Coach Mosely -- he offered me, asked me was I ready to tell coach [Randy] Shannon that I wanted to go to their program. I said `Yes, sir.' He said `Welcome to the family.'

"Coach Mosely was here for about three hours. At the beginning of the meting we were talking about the school, and toward the middle he was like `I'm here to let you and your parents know that we all want you and that you have a scholarship to the University of Miami.'"

McKenzie says his family asked Mosely several questions during the meeting.

"My mom was asking if my son is going to be comfortable, if he'll have the academic support," McKenzie said. "Coach Mosely really summed it all up, was talking about their academics and that I'm going to be safe, well taken care of and that I won't have any regrets when I step foot there.

"Coach Mosely is very down to earth, very sincere. That's what I like."

McKenzie said he was told that Shannon will call him tonight.

"I was surprised I got the offer," McKenzie said.

He figured if he didn't have one before, he likely wouldn't get one this quickly with a new coach just taking over and re-evaluating film.

But the 6-foot-3, 170-pounder with 4.41-second speed is certainly no second-tier prospect.

He had offers from Florida State, Alabama, Auburn, West Virginia and numerous other programs.

Miami was where he always dreamed of playing.

"I grew up Miami fan - I just always like them since I was about 7," he said. "I always liked how they played. I liked their defense a lot."

McKenzie has earned comparisons to a young Chad Johnson by his coaching staff.

And it's no wonder, with seven punt returns for touchdowns this season.

He played wing back most of this season in his school's Wing-T offense and had 33 rushes for 345 yards along with 17 catches for 380 yards and four touchdowns.

Miami coaches can thank the firing of Mike Shula at Alabama for landing McKenzie.

"If he wasn't fired there was probably an 85 or 90 percent chance I would have gone there," McKenzie said. "He was a big part of my commitment to Bama. When they let him go then I was open again."

McKenzie says his goals at UM are "To go in there, work hard and possibly get a shot at the NFL down the road. I want to just be the best athlete I can be.

"They said I have all the ability to come in and earn a starting spot, that everything is up to me. Everything is in my hands."

McKenzie saw the UM campus at the Miami Nike Camp in April. He is in the process of setting up his official visit date in January.

"I won't take any other visits," he said.

McKenzie was academically qualified coming out of St. Pete Catholic High School last year but opted for prep school to try and earn a football scholarship.
 12-13-2006, 04:32 PM         #389
P DEDOS 954 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

whats rivals rank this guy, not that matters just wonderin

10 years ago '04        #390
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
4 Stars

#13 WR in the Nation
#31 in Florida Top 100
and he made Rivals250 2007

and he was commited to bama
 12-13-2006, 04:36 PM         #391
P DEDOS 954 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
good lookin out.....
 10 years ago '04        #392
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
load 'em up
 10 years ago '04        #393
space
space
so how may recruits we got so far, is there a list???

u always know there will be a couple surprises come signing day, i.e. frank gore
 12-13-2006, 04:41 PM         #394
NiKchizzle 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
been a fan since i was.. pshh... started playing sports
age 5 i guess

i live in new orleans, but i been to 9 miami home games kid
would went to a couple in the past 2 yrs... but u kno, hurricane katrina messed up some stuff
but aye...
CLINTON PORTIS ALL TIME FAVORITE PLAYER

LETS WRECKSHOP IN THAT MPC COMPUTERS BOWL
 12-13-2006, 04:42 PM         #395
P DEDOS 954 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NiKchizzle said:
LETS WRECKSHOP IN THAT MPC COMPUTERS BOWL
you already know pimp
 12-13-2006, 04:45 PM         #396
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This doesnt include the WR we just picked up. Hes a 4 star.

[pic - click to view]

12-13-2006, 04:49 PM         #397
P DEDOS 954 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
does anybody remember how many stars was sam sheilds last year ?

:rasta:
 10 years ago '04        #398
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
wideouts comin back:

darnell jenkins
lance leggett
sam shields
rashaun jones
ryan hill
khalil jones
terrell walden

theyre prolly gonna move r.hill and r.jones back to DB
 12-13-2006, 04:54 PM         #399
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Shield was a 4 star and so was Hurricane James.. Stars dont really mean sh*t. I mean a lot of those n*gga's that have 5 stars will be ballin but its not worth sh*t really
 10 years ago '04        #400
space
space
where are the 4.2 4.3 speed players
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Single Mothers Infographic
230 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This website shows how frighteningly quick the internet knows everythi..
8 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside South African Snowbunny Fitness Trainer(Lawd Have Mercy!!)
85 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside FAST & FURIOUS 8 Trailer Teaser (2017) (Like the announcement for the a..
43 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Best Buy Buy 2 Get 1 Free 12/4/16-12/10/16
51 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - The People's Cabinet?...Trump's administration for millionaire..
122 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside GTA Online: Import/Export coming December
46 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Brother acts like little sister is invisible & she believes him
73 comments
1 day ago