Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick Spanish Milf Adult Film Star(You Saving Her?)
51 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside This J. Cole "4 Your Eyez Only" Fan Theory Is Going To Blow Your Mind
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 21 Savage Responds To 22 Savage
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Everything You Thought You Knew About #Dinosaurs is Wrong
15 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 09-21-2006, 10:11 AM         #21
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
September 20, 2006

CaneSport.com Staff

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
Coach Mario Cristobal was honored by Rivals.com as one of the nation's top recruiters in the past.

And now, after a 1-2 start, Cristobal and the rest of the UM coaching staff is working hard to make sure top recruits understand Miami is still a top program.

Cristobal told CaneSport that, considering the slow start, the recruit reaction has been positive.

"I think they understand what Miami has been, what Miami always will be," Cristobal said. "Did they watch the game? Yeah. And some of them are a little bit surprised that we didn't come out on top of a couple of these games. But at the same time they're quick to point out that there is a lot of youth at certain key positions on the field. It kind of makes them understand, `Hey, I could do something immediately (at Miami).' I'm not saying it helps. It never helps when (you lose). But I don't sense any drawbacks right now.

"It's a long season. There's enough people out there now, high school coaches that advise their athletes, `Hang on, let things play out. Because what's hot now is going to be real cold later. And the guy you think is great right now, that guy's going to be in the NFL or go some other place.' So the bottom line is it's not about (us) as recruiters. It's about the program itself. The more kids understand and realize that and fall less in love with the fireworks and balloons of recruiting, the more they'll understand `This should be the place for everybody.'"

Asked if he's had to specifically reassure recruits, ask them not to get down on UM, Cristobal said, "No, I think they understand that already. They do. When asked about that, it's `We didn't get the job done this past Saturday and we will work whatever hours it takes to get the job done. And not because we wear a `U' on our helmet, but because we'll outwork everyone out there.' They have to respect that. If it's not the type of attitude they like, it's not the place for them anyway."

Miami has lost one commitment this season.

Cristobal was asked how much harder the staff has to work to keep the other current commitments on board with the team struggling.

"I think it's the same as if you're off to a 3-0 (start), because once they're committed it just raises the bulls-eye a little bit," Cristobal said. "Everybody comes after them anyway. If you do real well, (other teams tell them) you have too much talent and too much depth. If we're not doing real well, then the opposition says, `Well, they ain't playing real good.' It's always going to be like that. It's always down to the wire. It is truly a marathon where every ounce of time you get (with a recruit), you better not waste it. You have a window where that recruit's going to call you, you better have your cell phone there so you can talk. Don't let someone creep in, man. Don't create a wedge, don't create a little pocket of air where someone can sneak in there.

"These are young minds. Think about yourself when you go buy a car. You go from one dealer to another, that BMW changed from Mercedes real quick when that other dude started putting that little Men In Black package that you saw in that movie, right? Now go back and you're 18 years old and walk into (a) campus. Some will put their faces all over the Jumbotron and play that loud music. That feels pretty good. And then go out with the local players and they round up all these girls and put them all around. It's `Wow, college is pretty darn good.' And all of a sudden guys are wearing different colors week to week. It's a tough thing. Winning always helps. We will win. That's always going to help. But even at a place like Rutgers (where Cristobal used to coach) where you're 1-12, the sun comes out once every 14 days and temperatures drop below sub-zero, you still find a way to get kids from Florida there to go play football. There are no excuses, man."

* Asked if Larry Coker has changed at all since the 1-2 start, Cristobal said, "I just feel whenever you're like this, a situation like this, you're tight as it is and you become that much tighter. I'm talking about as a team, as a coaching staff. You're ready to f!ght. It doesn't matter who it is, who comes into your stadium. It has nothing to do with the outside. It really doesn't. And that's the biggest misconception about the whole thing. When it comes down to it, it truly is what lies beyond the lines of this field in that locker room. And it all stays within. And you do it in front of cameras on the field. You don't do it vocally at people. You don't try to blame, point fingers. You handle it within house. Coach Coker, I believe he's on a mission to make sure things are right. We will back him 100 percent."
 09-21-2006, 01:46 PM         #22
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
September 20, 2006

CaneSport.com Staff

Defensive tackle Teraz McCray began this season playing behind Bryan Pata and Kareem Brown. But now he's played ahead of both of them.

McCray started at left tackle against Louisville in place of Pata, who was held out the start of the game after he was late to a team meeting.

And now McCray has been elevated to first team right tackle ahead of Brown.

"It's exciting," McCray said. "But I can't get lax. I have great players behind me. This isn't a time for me to relax. It's a time for me to keep pushing."

McCray says of how he's playing this year that "I still have to get better at some things. As far as I'm concerned, I'm not playing to my potential, where I want to be."

This is a defensive line that has struggled with the pass rush.

"The defensive line, we have to get better," McCray said. "We have to get more pressure on the quarterback. When we have opportunities to pass rush we have to capitalize on it, get some sacks. We have to get better as a whole. At both ends and both tackles, we have to get better."

Coach Larry Coker said McCray was moved to first team because "He's starting to really practice well and get himself back in condition to play. Teraz is not tall (at barely 6-foot-0), but he's starting to get his conditioning, is really starting to play well. He's earned the opportunity."

McCray's elevation means two starters from the beginning of the year -- Baraka Atkins and Brown -- are now backups.

The line has underperformed so far.

"It's just a line that we're trying to get the best players on the field," Coker said. "We're going to evaluate. Guys have to know they have to perform."

* Asked to a.ssess the mood of the team, McCray said, "The mood is you can't dwell on a loss, because it affects you in the next game. We have to take it in stride and keep going. Keep your head up and f!ght hard.
 09-21-2006, 01:53 PM         #23
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
September 20, 2006

Mike Farrell
Rivals.com Football Recruiting

Related Links:
Rivals.com Prep School Top 50

The 2006 Rivals.com prep school player rankings for the recruiting class of 2007 are out, and while it's not as star-studded a group as 2006, there are plenty of players who will make an immediate impact next year and beyond. Led by New Berlin (N.Y.) Milford Academy Academy running back Graig Cooper, this year's crop is loaded with speed.

According to his coach, Cooper has added speed since high school.
Cooper, who signed with Miami in February out of Memphis (Tenn.) Melrose has been tearing things up at Milford. According to Milford head coach Bill Chaplick, Cooper has stepped up his game a notch.

"Coop is averaging more than 15 yards-per-carry through four games and has added an extra step of speed since high school," he said of his 5-foot-11, 185-pounder. "If he's not the best running back out there I'd like to see who is."

Cooper's backfield mate is former Harrisburg (Pa.) Bishop McDevitt running back LeSean McCoy, a much more hyped prospect coming out of high school. McCoy will also head off to Miami to play college ball.

"Shady is coming along," said Chaplick. "He came in a bit out of shape because he missed our camp, but each week he's worked hard to get back. This past week he rushed for more than 100 yards for the first time for us and his quickness is coming back. It'll be very hard to take the job from Coop, but we have a good 1-2 punch."

Sandwiched between the two Milford running backs are eight players from Chatham (Va.) Hargrave Military Academy and one player from Fork Union (Va.) Fork Union Military. Former Hampton (Va.) Phoebus speedster Brent Vinson checks in at No. 2 and is playing both ways for Hargrave.

"He's so fast, he could end up being the fastest player we've ever had here," said Hargrave head coach Robert Prunty. "We've got him at wide receiver and cornerback. Against West Virginia, a team we've never beaten until this year, he had more than 400 total yards of offense. He's a game changer."

Vinson was signed and placed by Tennessee.

Brent Vinson is playing wide receiver and cornerback for Hargrave.
Following Vinson is former New Haven (Conn.) Hyde Leadership offensive tackle Bruce Campbell, former Tallahassee (Fla.) Godby safety DeAndre McDaniel, former Fort Valley (Ga.) Peach County wideout Chris Slaughter and former Ocilla (Ga.) Irwin County offensive lineman Justin Anderson.

"Campbell is our best offensive lineman," said Prunty. "He reminds me of Jared Gaither because he's so big and long but has great feet. He's got to be around 300 pounds by now. McDaniel is just k!lling people out there, he's a big-time hitter. Slaughter is the real deal, he's has NFL potential like these other guys. And Anderson is a beast, you just line up and run behind him all day."

Campbell was signed and placed by Maryland, McDaniel by Clemson, Slaughter by Auburn and Anderson by Georgia.

Ex College Park (Ga.) Banneker defensive tackle Olufemi Ajiboye and former Chesapeake (Va.) Deep Creek star Ras-I Dowling rounds out the Hargrave group in the top 10.

Ajiboye was signed and placed by Virginia Tech and Dowling by Virginia.

"Ajiboye has one of the best first steps I've seen for a defensive lineman, he's is so quick," said Prunty. "And Dowling is a shutdown cornerback for us, he just locks players down. He has good size and great hips."

Checking in at No. 9 is Fork Union linebacker Gerald Williams who hails from Lauderdale Lakes (Fla.) Boyd Anderson. Williams signed with Tennessee back in 2005 and still needs a test score to qualify. He's now 6-foot-4 and 245 pounds and will be a monster on defense for head coach John Schuman.

Others of note in the top 50 include Georgia commitments Clifton Geathers and Ben Harden, Louisville commitments Kareem Crowell and Emanuel Francis, Penn State commitment J.B. Walton and Syracuse signee Jermaine Pierce.

Of the uncommitted players, Milford's Devin Parrish, Hargrave's Jamie Childers and Fork Union's Dwayne Priest stand out. Parrish, the cousin of former Miami wide receiver Roscoe Parrish and is expected to take an official visit to Florida for their home game against Alabama. Childers, a tall, athletic quarterback, is being recruited by schools like West Virginia, NC State, North Carolina and others and Priest is an undersized hitter with looks from Virginia, Virginia Tech and others.
 09-21-2006, 01:54 PM         #24
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Number 1 prep player in the country 2007
 09-21-2006, 01:56 PM         #25
DrunkenMonkey58 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RakimAllahNY said:
Number 1 prep player in the country 2007

im still @ 66 yards on 55 carries... :banghead:
 09-21-2006, 01:59 PM         #26
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
No one respect Wright because hes trash.. Hes the reason we can run because they can play wideouts one on one because he cant do sh*t down the field and the little bit of pressure he thinks hes vick..
 09-21-2006, 02:02 PM         #27
DrunkenMonkey58 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn.... and the oline got r*ped the past few weeks too. maybe that has somethin to do with it...
 09-21-2006, 02:06 PM         #28
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah it has but if you watc the games theres alot of time he could have stepped up and made the pass instead of runnin outside and running.. The truth is if they wanna run that kinda offense they need to bring in Kirby Freeman. There running game would be nice if they could pass then play action would work and there goes your offense..

Plus the offense is fu*kin up the defense because theres so many 3 n outs, were not constantly driving and not scoring were not even moving tha fu*kin ball.
 09-21-2006, 02:08 PM         #29
DrunkenMonkey58 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah miami always had an agressive D....
 10 years ago '04        #30
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,799 | Props total: 1401 1401
Wright is fine...its mostly the backs thats fu*kin everything up by not picking up the blitz

Charlie Jones...ive tried to stick up for him cuz he is an hard worker but he fu*ked up so many times in that loss to louisville.

He missed alot of key blocks, He got took down on an arm tackle where he should have went for 6, and he fumbled the ball and gave away our momentum.

his time is up

if KW can get time to throw he will get the ball there. but the problem is he is always on his a.ss.
 09-21-2006, 03:35 PM         #31
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wright doesnt have pocket presence ethier and it hurts alot.. Alot of times in the FSU game he had time but was scrambling like a moron.. I just think hes one of the major problems and Coker needs to fix him or make a move.
 10 years ago '04        #32
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
yeah his pocket pressence isnt good at all..but i guess that comes from not having at pocket most of the time
 09-21-2006, 03:40 PM         #33
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Well if there gonna keep struggling protecting him and hes not having the presence to ever step up or throw to a back why not try a more mobile Freeman in his spot. I dont think it could hurt at this point
 10 years ago '04        #34
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
well the problem with that is....Kirby isnt better than Kyle when it comes to throwing the ball...his sh*t is more floaterish than bullet and it takes a lil longer to get to the reciever which could lead to an INT in this short passing game we use.
 10 years ago '05        #35
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,896 | Props total: 290 290
what gives with the white shoes..since when the hell do we wear white shoes???
 10 years ago '04        #36
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
yeah we need to go back to black on black
 09-21-2006, 07:10 PM         #37
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
September 21, 2006

CaneSport.com Staff

The Hurricanes practiced for an hour and 15 minutes this afternoon, working on special teams situations.

* Coach Larry Coker said after practice that James Bryant is performing well after moving from linebacker to H-back.

"It's a good start, he's really into it," Coker said. "He wants to play awfully bad, and desire means a lot. Hopefully he can keep progressing, because I think he can help us there. He can catch the ball and he can block."

Coker said he anticipates Bryant remaining on offense the rest of the season.

* Freshman RB Javarris James is splitting first team carries with Charlie Jones this week. James says his understanding is he will get more carries in upcoming games than he has in the first three.

Tyrone Moss is still not 100 percent as he's coming off ACL surgery, which could certainly lead to James having more of a role.

"I think I'll play more -- I've been getting more reps with the ones," James said.

* Freshman DE Steven Wesley underwent shoulder surgery. He is redshirting this year.

"(The injury) was from high school," Coker said. "He had that corrected."

* OL Reggie Youngblood jogged
today but was held out of other work.

* Glenn Cook and Romeo Davis continue to get most of the first team work at middle linebacker. But Coker said Darryl Sharpton is coming along.

"I've been really impressed with Sharpton," Coker said. "He's really starting to come on."

Coker said of Cook that "He's a very intelligent player, is healthy now. I like his progression so far."

* Coker was also asked his first pre-Houston question.

He was asked to talk about quarterback Kevin Kolb; UM faces Houston after a bye this weekend.

"He has great command of that offense," Coker said. "It's a perfect offense for him. He doesn't make many mistakes, is a terrific talent and throws a lot of catchable balls.

"It's a very multiple (offense). They have a thousand formations, try to cause mismatch problems as far as matching up. We need to have a great week of preparation for Houston."

* DB Carlos Armour said he's been hampered all season by a lingering hamstring injury. He says he's finally getting close to normal.

"This week I slowed it back down, did a little bit today," he said. "It's day-by-day, step-by-step. I'm getting back into it. Today was a good day of work."

Armour said he played some safety as well as cornerback today.

* Coker said, despite Jon Peattie's struggles, that he still plans on redshirting freshman kicker Matt Bosher.
 09-21-2006, 09:43 PM         #38
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
September 20, 2006

CaneSport.com Staff

Larry Coker Q&A following the team's Sept. 20 practice

Opening statement: We did a lot of situational things (today). It was a pretty physical day. Guys worked hard. Coaches coached with a lot of energy and guys were giving great effort in practice. Sometimes you have to push and challenge. Guys did that today, were challenging each other. I feel we had a good day today.

Q: Who is getting most of the reps at No. 1 tailback right now?

Coker: Charlie Jones and Javarris James.

Q: Is Tyrone Moss working in with the first team also?

Coker: A little bit.

Q: How do you feel Kyle Wright has played? He's only thrown one touchdown pass. Is that indicative of how he's played?

Coker: No, not at all. He's played pretty well. In the game last week against Louisville he played pretty well, was a 60 percent passer. He created some big play opportunities. I think he's played pretty well.

Q: So you haven't thought about making a change at quarterback?

Coker: No, not at all. He's our starter.

Q: Talk about the offensive line.

Coker: I'm really encouraged with the offensive line. I think we're much ahead of where we were a year ago at this time. They're doing a good job. I don't have any complaints about the offensive line. We've got to give them some help also with some scheme things. That's something we're working to do this week.

Q: What's happened on the sacks you've given up?

Coker: Two of the sacks (last weekend) were a guy getting beat one-on-one. And it was a back. It wasn't a lineman.

Q: Greg Olsen has eight catches for under 100 yards. That's not where you want him to be.

Coker: Yes and no. No, I'd like (him) to have twice that many. But the wide receivers are catching more balls. I don't care who catches them as long as we're catching the ball some. We need to pass and catch more, and we're going to do that. The wide receivers are going to help Greg, I think, get more opportunities.

Q: With Darnell Jenkins injured, who replaces him in practice, not including Sam Shields?

Coker: You've got Ryan Hill, Khalil Jones. Those will be the two who jump off the charts. Darnell may be ready by next week, so hopefully we'll have a chance to find out. If he's healthy, he'll play.

Q: Is Rashaun Jones (academically ineligible) cleared to play yet?

Coker: No. He may be cleared this week. When, we'll see.

Q: Is this a big recruiting weekend with no game this weekend?

Coker: We're going to get out. We have guys going out tonight. There were games scheduled tonight. We're going to get out tomorrow night and into the weekend.
 10 years ago '04        #39
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
Javariss James needs to start from now on.
 09-21-2006, 10:07 PM         #40
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Pretty much.. Moss aint healthy so hes the best back right now.. And even then you keep him and bring Moss in as change of pace
Home      

most viewed right now
Would You Put A Ring On It Even After Her Past?
18 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Maliah can get it boy damn
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside which heaux you trynna turn into a housewife??
176 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Introduction to Pizzagate
139 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Kobe A.D. ID (my colorway) Your thoughts......
22 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
167 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ye hopped on the blonde hair wave
145 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy