Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
28 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oh My Damn!!!!
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
'Member Lil B?
32 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Derrick Rose high as sh-t
19 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 2 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #3961
1000bluntz 
space
space
$15,025 | Props total: 2224 2224
That Lowery kid is underrated, he's real good and hasn't played much.
 06-11-2008, 09:35 AM         #3962
CANEBOI11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
In private chats, Florida's Urban Meyer and Florida State's Bobby Bowden admitted last month that with Randy Shannon coaching the Canes, it has become increasingly difficult for them to lure top players from South Florida. But after recent lulls here, both are making a big push for top Dade and Broward 2009 prospects.

''Last year was real hard. Coach Shannon has done a nice job,'' said Meyer, who plucked seven Broward/Palm Beach players -- but none from Dade -- in the past three years, after UF grabbed 11 from Dade from 2002-05. ``We'll always be real aggressive here because there are more NFL players from this area than any in the country. It has just made it a little more difficult.''

So impressed with Shannon's recruiting, Bowden is reminded of a UM legend. ''That's where Howard Schnellenberger made a real good move -- wrapping up kids from this area,'' said Bowden, who signed seven players from Miami-Dade from 2004-06 but just one the past two years.

Heading into the summer, an update on some of the top local seniors-to-be who haven't orally committed:

• k!llian running back Lamar Miller said ''I really like'' UM -- which covets him -- but also is considering eight others, including UF, FSU, UCF and USF. ''This will be a UM/UF f!ght,'' recruiting guru Larry Blustein predicts. Dade's other top running back, Palmetto's Jaamal Berry, said UM hasn't offered; he has strong interest in UF, FSU, Ohio State, Michigan, Auburn and Ole Miss.

• Miramar's Eugene Smith, South Florida's top quarterback prospect, said he is considering five schools -- FSU, USF, LSU, Louisville and Michigan. UM, deep in young QBs, hasn't offered, and though the Gators offered, ``They've recruited other quarterbacks, and I don't want to be set back.''

• Plantation QB/defensive back Brandon McGee (rated 110th nationally) said UM, FSU and UF are among 30 offers, and he will play cornerback in college: ''Miami stands a good chance. I grew up a Florida State fan, but that won't benefit them. Florida's [strong] depth at cornerback concerns me'' because he wants to play immediately.

• Undecided Gulliver linebacker Frankie Telfort, a potential safety in college, said UM hasn't offered, but 30 have, including FSU, UF, LSU, Notre Dame and USC. . . . South Broward offensive tackle Steven Jacques calls Auburn his favorite but hopes for an offer from UM. . . . Hallandale receiver/cornerback Ricardo Dixon said USF is his favorite (FSU offered; UM and UF haven't).

• Undecided Krop defensive tackle Brandon Taylor, son of NFL Hall of Famer Lawrence Taylor, said only UM, Purdue and UCF have offered. . . . Florida and Clemson are making the strongest push for Northwestern safety Tevin McCaskill. . . . Blustein predicts a UM/UF battle for top Plantation American Heritage OT Jared Wheeler, and they also are top contenders for Columbus DT Antwan Lowery.
 8 years ago '06        #3963
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,579 | Props total: 11962 11962
 8 years ago '06        #3964
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 1000bluntz said:
That Lowery kid is underrated, he's real good and hasn't played much.
ill be suprised if he dosent go here

and then i say thats a wrap on DL this year

and only take chandler next year... we are loaded on the DT
 8 years ago '06        #3965
Against D Grain 
space
space
$6,257 | Props total: 125 125
Rueben Randall will probably visit you guys at some point during the summmer, If you fools play your cards right, I believe you guys can reel him in, since he grew up rooting for you guys, and his brother is a big time U fan....
 8 years ago '06        #3966
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 Against D Grain said:
Rueben Randall will probably visit you guys at some point during the summmer, If you fools play your cards right, I believe you guys can reel him in, since he grew up rooting for you guys, and his brother is a big time U fan....
real talk on another miami board.... his older bro posts big time U fan...

Rueben Randle is attending the miami camp this weekend
 8 years ago '06        #3967
Against D Grain 
space
space
$6,257 | Props total: 125 125
^^^ Thats whats up, If we dont get him, I hope he ends up at the U. fu*k LSU
 06-12-2008, 01:29 PM         #3968
CANEBOI11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
OL signees Brandon Washington and Benjamin Jones officially graduated from high school today.

But a dark cloud hung over what should be one of the brightest days of their lives: Neither are qualified for admission to college per NCAA standards.

Washington received his ACT results from the recent test, the first he's taken – he missed a previous testing date with a severe toothache. He scored a 15.

He needs a 17 to qualify.

"It wasn't high enough," Washington said. "I had a 15 and I take it this Saturday again. I have to get a 17. I've been studying. I think I'll get it, but I'm a little worried. It's my last chance. It's this or go home, go to JUCO. I've been tutoring with a lot of people. Everyone's helping me."

If he makes the grade he says he'd report to UM June 24 for the start of summer school.

Jones says he got what Washington needs – a 17 – on the most recent ACT.

But he says his understanding is he'll need an 18 to balance out his GPA per the NCAA sliding scale.

"I'm taking it again Saturday," he said.
 06-12-2008, 01:29 PM         #3969
CANEBOI11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Oakland Park (FL) Northeast High School DB Isaac Geffard got a visit from coach Jeff Stoutland for his spring game.

"He watched the game and I've talked to him on the phone - Miami is recruiting me," the 6-foot-3, 187-pounder with 4.53-second speed said. "We talked about how he feels that there's no doubt in his mind that I'm a potential Hurricane and that he sees me playing for the University of Miami."

Geffard's twin brother, Jacob, has also caught UM's eye.

"We want to go to the same school," Isaac said. "Coach Stoutland feels like me and my brother should definitely come to the camp (that ends on Monday) and show the rest of the staff how he feels about us, how good we really are, that we're the guys to come on that team."

They will attend the camp.

It was Isaac that got UM's attention first.

"Miami was recruiting me at the end of this past season," he said. "I went to a few games, watched them play, loved the environment. I went to their spring game, and it looked real good. I saw some real good things out of the coaches – they're very energetic, and I love the atmosphere of the U."

Isaac currently lists five offers: Louisville, South Carolina, FIU, Iowa State and Marshall.

"Miami's high in my recruiting picture," he said. "I'm just waiting on them to pull the trigger, take that chance with me. Miami's a local team. I grew up watching them play, and a lot of great players came out of the U."

Geffard says he's in no rush to make a decision, even if the Canes do offer after the camp.

"I want to go to a school where I have a chance to play," he said. "Right now I'm open to a lot of schools. I'm going to take a good look at Miami. Miami was one of the first teams to recruit me."

Geffard finished his junior season with 100 tackles, eight sacks, five forced fumbles and 12 passes broken up. He also played blocking tight end.
 06-12-2008, 06:11 PM         #3970
-Scar- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I Found This Canes Userbar.....Not Sure If It's Old Or Not But I Like It So I'm A Rock It.....

Figured I'd Drop It Here As Well...

[pic - click to view]

My Bad If It's Old....
 06-12-2008, 06:18 PM         #3971
SteveSS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm going to be at the Central Florida/South Florida game on September 6th with a sign that says "WE COULDN'T AFFORD TICKETS FOR MIAMI AND FLORIDA"

Watch for me on ESPN2.
 8 years ago '05        #3972
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
 SteveSS said:
I'm going to be at the Central Florida/South Florida game on September 6th with a sign that says "WE COULDN'T AFFORD TICKETS FOR MIAMI AND FLORIDA"

Watch for me on ESPN2.
lmao, sorry ill be missing out..ill be at the um/uf game
 8 years ago '08        #3973
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,014 | Props total: 156 156
What can y`all South Florida experts tell me about Xavier Rhodes from Norland...
 06-14-2008, 09:50 AM         #3974
CANEBOI11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 904Nole said:
What can y`all South Florida experts tell me about Xavier Rhodes from Norland...

hes not coming here for sure..if a players not coming here i could careless about him..and on top of that i think hes a fsu lock
 8 years ago '06        #3975
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
new commit

8 years ago '04        #3976
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
Bryce Brown | RB

Hometown: Wichita, KS
East High School
Ht: 6'0" Wt: 212

Evaluation

Brown is a highly productive back with a rare combination of speed and power. He runs with the kind of explosiveness his brother Arthur displayed as a top linebacker prospect in 2008. He has a solid, thickly built frame and the compact body structure necessary to be a workhorse type at the next level. Presses the hole, but also has a great blend of vision, balance and decisiveness to hit the cutback lane sharply and burst through the line of scrimmage. Squares his shoulder pads quickly out of his cuts and instantly generates excellent north-south speed. He's a bit straight-lined, but he has the smooth hips, body control and suddenness to avoid defenders through initial traffic. Makes subtle cuts to sidestep trash without losing much in transition. A low center of gravity, proper body tilt and the ability to reach top speed in an instant give him the power to break initial arm tackles. Demonstrates a strong lower body, good determination and relentless leg drive on contact. Picks up extra yards and finishes runs. Flashes the speed to bounce outside, turn the corner and go the distance. Has the explosive extra gear in space to separate. Shows adequate hands and receiving skills, and the strength to chip and pick up the blitz. Brown's somewhat questionable open-field elusiveness and level of competition are the only real concerns at this point, but he definitely has the physical gifts to make an early impact at the next level.
Notes

Still plans to take his visits. Older brother, Arthur, is an elite Class of 2008 linebacker who signed with Miami. 2007: Rushed for 2,039 yards and 26 touchdowns. Also recruited by Clemson, Georgia, LSU, Miami-FL, Kansas, Kansas State, North Carolina...
 8 years ago '04        #3977
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
A.J. Highsmith | QB

Hometown: Fort Bend, TX
Hightower High School
Ht: 6'0" Wt: 188

Evaluation

Highsmith is highly competitive and very productive. His methods are a bit unorthodox and it isn't always pretty, but he is extremely athletic and mobile, has good size and is an accomplished runner and passer. Shows very good command of this offense and plays with confidence. Has good feet and a quick set up and is an excellent ball handler that takes pride in play fakes. Shows good competency in the short passing game as well as throwing on the move to either side and is a legit dual-threat on nekkids and bootlegs. Has a quick, live delivery and flashes good RPM's on throws in the short and intermediate range of the field. At times shows excellent patience, set up and balance as a pocket passer and will not flush too early. When his feet are set and he is in rhythm, he can be very difficult to defend as a passer and has the arm to drive the ball downfield if on time. Shows enough zip to fit the ball into tight spots underneath, yet throws a catchable ball as well. Shows adequate to good accuracy and is very accurate when throwing on the run. Is very quick, shows great speed and is very elusive as a runner-- looks like a wide receiver. However, you really have to watch Highsmith to appreciate him because he does have an awkward delivery and at times looks like he doesn't have control of the ball when it's coming out. Once you realize that is just how he throws it, you can get past it and focus on the production. Carries the ball like a waiter holding a large serving tray and will "push" the ball a bit too. However, there is no delay in his release-- he can get rid of the ball very quickly despite what it looks like and the end results are positive. Overall, Highsmith's stock will continue to rise throughout his senior year and he fits the mold of what everyone is looking for in a QB for today's game, especially in the spread.
Notes

Hopes to enroll early. Committed during junior year. 2007: Passed for 2,299 yards, 21 touchdowns and 12 interceptions. 2006: Threw for 1,516 yards, 18 touchdowns and four interceptions. Formerly lived in Miami-FL. Son of former Miami-FL and NFL running back Alonzo Highsmith...
 8 years ago '04        #3978
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
Olivier Vernon | DE

Hometown: Miami, FL
American High School
Ht: 6'3" Wt: 239

Evaluation

Vernon is a talented and well rounded defensive end prospect. Displays the tools to be a productive player versus the run and pass. He possesses good size. He has a very good get-off. Displays a consistent ability to fire off the ball and be one of the first people moving. He will shoot his hands and can create separation, though needs to be more consistent with his use of his weapons. Displays good strength to be able to hold his ground and at times push a blocker back. He can generate power from his lower body. Displays the ability to move laterally and stretch a play. Displays the ability to slant, plant, re-direct, and get flat. He has good speed and is a solid wrap-up tackler. Plays with a good motor. His ability to get off the ball makes him a dangerous pass rusher. Can fire off the ball, get to the outside shoulder, throw a rip, and turn the corner. His quickness will make opposing tackles quickly kick back and he can counter with quick inside moves. Displays a good understanding of how to attack and defeat blockers in pass rushing situations. Displays a good burst to the ball. Vernon is a good player. If he can add some more bulk and keep his quickness, he has the tools to be a productive and disruptive defender at the college level.
Notes

Holding 15 scholarship offers (May 2008, Miami Herald). Committed to Miami-FL during junior year but will consider other schools. 2007: Registered 52 tackles and 12.5 sacks. Reportedly runs a 4.9 40-yard dash... 29-inch vertical. Also recruited by West Virginia, Illinois, Florida...
 8 years ago '04        #3979
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
Billy Sanders | DE

Hometown: Phoenix, AZ
Brophy Prep School
Ht: 6'4" Wt: 230

Evaluation

Sanders is an interesting prospect. He could project to either side of the ball in college. He has solid size for either the defensive end or tight end position. He will need to continue to add good bulk to his frame, but an argument could be made for either position. He looked to have more playing time at defensive end as a junior and you do not exactly hate this kid there. Displays good quickness off the ball. He uses his hands well, but needs to be more consistent. Displays the ability to take on a block and hold his ground. Can come across the ball and squeeze down. Displays solid straight line speed. Pursues to the ball and is a good wrap-up tackler. Displays good short-area change-of-direction skills. He will at times come off the ball and try and power his way through a blocker and lead shoulder first and you would like to see him more consistently shoot his hands. As a pass rusher he displays some savvy. Will work to the outside shoulder and try and club and rip by. Will flash the ability to use his hands and can bull rush some. Sanders is a good defensive end prospect and may end up being his best fit at the college level. As a tight end he runs adequate routes. Has good hands, but would like to see him catch the ball away from his frame more consistently. Displays the tools to be a productive in-line blocker. Would like to see him more at tight end, bit either way this kid is a pretty good football player. He offers versatility. Where he plays will likely be determined by where he goes and their need, but a good prospect at either position.
Notes

Committed during junior year...
 8 years ago '04        #3980
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
Cory White | TE

Hometown: Orange Park, FL
Fleming Island High School
Ht: 6'4" Wt: 225

Evaluation

White is a high school offensive tackle. He is too light in the pants at this time to project to that position in college. With some time he could add the bulk to his 6-foot-4 frame to be a more ideal type size, but it will take awhile to do it right. The more likely solution, short term at least is to move him to tight end and utilize his ability there. He still needs to add bulk, but he can be a productive player as a blocking tight end. He displays the ability to get good hand placement. When he gets locked on he can be tough to beat. Displays good tenaciousness as a blocker. Will flash the ability to make good contact, roll his hips, generate power from his lower body, and drive a defender off the ball. You just want to see that on a more regular basis. He, like many high school prospects needs to watch his pad level. He displays good strength, but needs to work to playing lower. Looks comfortable when asked to pull. Does a good job of climbing up to the second level and getting a piece of moving targets. Looks comfortable in space. Displays the ability to step and reach a defender, just needs to work on getting all the way around and finishing with better positioning. His worth a pass catcher is a question at this time, but he can be of value in passing situations as a blocker. He works hard to play with good technique. Will kick back and use his arms to punch. Displays the ability to shadow a rusher, but needs to be sure to stay off his toes and bend at the knees. Displays the ability to pound the post and be able to shut down an inside counter move. White is a good player. You wish he had more bulk as he would be a good tackle prospect, but can be just as productive as a blocker from the tight end spot. If he has any type of hands that will just be a bonus.
Notes

Committed during junior year. Also recruited by Troy, Eastern Michigan, Tulane, Cincinnati...
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Best Twerking Vines
31 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
162 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
360 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside J Cole 4 Your Eyez Only Documentary! Drake Stans Come See a TRUE Hip Ho..
36 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Soulja Boy caught Pump faking he in Singapore but really in a ratcher ..
57 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
156 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 2 - Man who gunned down ex-NFL player in road rage case released wi..
142 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy