Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
28 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oh My Damn!!!!
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
'Member Lil B?
32 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Derrick Rose high as sh-t
19 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 2 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '08        #3901
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,014 | Props total: 156 156
 P. Dedos said:
fu*k frankie... give me bostic instead
:thumbsdow Telfort>>>>Bostic trust me.. Film and measurable wise, Bostic is more impressive,but he`s doing that against some weak a.ss comp.out there in Palm Beach. I went to the Nike RB vs. LB in Gainsville and he looked terrible. Not bad,not ok, but terrible....
 9 years ago '06        #3902
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,579 | Props total: 11962 11962
the RB vs LB two hand touch drills is the most overrated shyt to judge talent on IMO

and IMO all the LB looked horrible in all those drills

Ferrel looked like a.ss and the list goes on and on and on

im very happy we stocked the kitchen up with Great LB's in this years class

thats the least position im worried about anyways....

CD, DE and OL is where we need to get alot of commits from
 9 years ago '05        #3903
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,917 | Props total: 3 3
 P. Dedos said:
well in a interview done yesterday it looks like jamal berry is trying to make sense why the canes wouldnt offer him......

he might be OSU lock... or he might go to florida

but both schools should be very worried if UM offers :rasta:
...or maybe he was asked about UM. Sites/writers "lead" questions all the time.

I wouldn't be happy with UM offering him, but again, I'm not sure that would be enough right now.

I think we can both agree that OSU doesn't want UM involved. I've already conceded that if UM had gotten involved earlier this wouldn't be much of a debate.
 9 years ago '04        #3904
1000bluntz 
space
space
$15,025 | Props total: 2224 2224
I would highly doubt Berry would sign with Miami given that Brown is already committed and Miller is likely right behind. Though I have heard Miller does have some grade issues so maybe that could change things up. He probably going to UF or OSUck.
 9 years ago '06        #3905
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 1000bluntz said:
I would highly doubt Berry would sign with Miami given that Brown is already committed and Miller is likely right behind. Though I have heard Miller does have some grade issues so maybe that could change things up. He probably going to UF or OSUck.
thats the same shyt they said about cookie

" why would he go to miami with all those LB commiting "

when u bleed orange and green these kids dont care about depth...

and lamar millers grades will be fine he's going into his senior year just two points away from making the grade... and everybody knows that the senior year is the easiest... he will be fine.. plus if shannon thought this kid was really in trouble with grades he would of offered more kids at RB... its still way to early..
 9 years ago '04        #3906
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
$8,675 | Props total: 7 7
 P. Dedos said:
im guess the kid was offered to play OL here.....

do u know if the kid can play O line famo?
I think he played DT only last year

they're playing him at OT this year cuz thats where he will play in college and his size (6-5 320 lbs.)

Last edited by UknowWhatItIs; 05-29-2008 at 11:11 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #3907
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
UM recruit still listening to offers
American defensive end Olivier Vernon is committed to Miami but says he still plans to visit other schools this year.

[pic - click to view]

Ben Aarestad was trying to call a play for his defense last spring when a persistent tap on the shoulder from a college recruiter got on his nerves.

''I'm not going to say who it was, but I can tell you this guy from Louisville wouldn't stop asking me questions about Olivier [Vernon],'' said Aarestad, in his second season as Miami American High's coach.

'I had to stop him and say, `Is it all right if I coach?' ''

Little did Aarestad know it was just the beginning. Being the ''official secretary'' for Olivier Vernon -- that's Olivier, not Oliver -- has kept Aarestad busy ever since that breakout game in Spring 2007.

Louisville, which on that same afternoon became the first school to offer Vernon a scholarship, according to the 6-3, 235-pound defensive end, is now one of 15 schools that have sent him a written offer.

Vernon committed to the University of Miami in February, shortly after an unofficial visit to the campus. But the suspense of his recruitment will likely continue all the way up to national signing day 2009.

Vernon said Alabama, Florida State and South Florida are still recruiting him ''very hard.'' And he said Crimson Tide coach Nick Saban has been giving him something to think about: the possibility of playing a flex defensive end/linebacker role like that of the Dolphins' Jason Taylor, a player Vernon admires.

''I'm still committed to UM,'' Vernon said Wednesday. ``But I still got a lot of schools talking to me and I want to take my official visits. I want to enjoy the process.''

A LATE START

Vernon has a good reason. He hasn't been able to enjoy playing football very long.

''I always told my parents I wanted to play football, but they wouldn't sign me up,'' Vernon said. ``So I played soccer for like eight years. I played forward, midfielder, striker. Then I got here in the ninth grade and I stopped all that.''

Now his parents -- mother Bernadette and father Olivier Sr. -- are his two biggest football supporters. Bernadette volunteers 60 hours per week at American and is the head of the PTA and president of the team's booster club. Olivier Sr., a Miami Beach police officer, helps serve team meals in the fall.

Vernon, who has a 2.6 GPA, has convinced his parents that football is the right sport for him. After playing on the JV team as a freshman, Vernon started 10 games on varsity as a sophomore. He followed up his sensational spring with a junior year in which he recorded 42 tackles (18 for loss) and 12 ˝ sacks.

His coach believes Vernon, who was selected to the All-Dade Second Team, likely would have earned first-team honors if not for one of the most highly touted senior classes in Miami-Dade history in 2008.

''As a sophomore you could see Olivier had it,'' Aarestad said. ``Some of the things he did naturally were amazing. Then, this past fall, he basically did whatever he wanted.''

Vernon's size, strength and speed have a lot to do with it. After competing in track this spring, Vernon was timed running an improved 40-yard dash time of 4.7 seconds. His strength numbers -- 320-pound bench press and 455-pound squat -- also went up.

STILL IMPROVING

National recruiting analysts have Vernon as one of the top 10 pass-rushing defensive ends in the country in the class of 2009 and the second best in Florida behind Seffner Armwood's Ryne Giddins (6-4, 235).

What separates Vernon from the rest of the pack, according to his coach, is his versatility. This season, Aarestad said he will play Vernon a little at outside linebacker to give him the opportunity to thrive in a Taylor-type role.

Vernon, though, said he still feels much more comfortable at end. He played linebacker for only three snaps in American's 14-0 loss to k!llian in a spring jamboree.

''I just want to learn the position more and keep getting better,'' Vernon said. "I've got nothing to do but keep getting better at football and school.''
 9 years ago '06        #3908
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
i hope he dosent fall for saban's bulshyt lies

you see the depth we got at DE famo.... come join the family!!!

:rasta:
 9 years ago '06        #3909
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
wow if we win this battle :wow: :wow: :wow:

ruben randle

One thing Randle has done throughout the recruiting process is remain grounded and keep his options open.

He has never come out and declared an outright leader or favorite but he did name a few schools when asked if any have really caught his eye.

“Georgia and Miami have and then Florida State has paid me a couple of visits too,” he said. “LSU is another one.”
 9 years ago '05        #3910
booker20 
space
space
$10,295 | Props total: 0 0
Hallandale High School CB Ricardo Dixon already lists some big offers, including Tennessee, Florida State, Clemson, Boston College, West Virginia and Auburn.

He has 19 offers in all.

And 25 coaches took in his spring game, in which he didn't allow a catch and had four pass breakups.

So where do the Canes fit in?

Well, UM coaches were at his spring game. But Miami has yet to dangle a scholarship offer.

"Coach (Patrick) Nix said `The reason we haven't been recruiting you is we wait later to recruit someone since we want to see if they're the right prospect we want,'" Dixon said. "He said when they offer they don't want to make a mistake and then want to take that offer back. They want me to know that when they offer they'll be hard after me.

"They're still evaluating me."

If the Canes do offer down the road, will it be too late in the game for UM to emerge at the top of his list?

"Everyone keeps asking me that, but no," Dixon said. "I'm still open. Anyone can jump in. I'm not making my decision until the middle of my senior season, so there's time for teams to get up there."

Dixon says he wants to take visits "to make sure the school I'm going to pick is the right school" before making a final decision.

He says if the Canes offer "They would be high up, not in the top, but high up there because I do like Miami. That was my favorite school growing up."

Dixon clarifies by UM not being in the top that if UM offers and he takes a visit and loves what he sees "they would move up."

He adds "I'm just evaluating the coaches myself."

As of now he says he has no clear frontrunners.

"Recruiting's hectic," he said. "Schools that come and talk to me, they say I'm a very good corner, my skills are real good, that I just have to gain a little weight, get bigger. But they want me to come. Recruits that have already committed to those schools say I should go to that school. But I just don't want to make my decision right now."

Last year the 5-foot-10, 160-pounder had 52 tackles, one interception and 29 pass breakups. He also took back two kicks and one punt for touchdowns, and he blocked two field goals.

That was his first year playing varsity football – he was on JV as a freshman at Krop High and didn't play as a sophomore due to academic issues.

He says his grades now "aren't in great shape, but are in good shape."

What is the bottom line of what he wants in a college?

"Really most of the schools that offer me have good academics, so I'm not worried about that because once I go I know I'll get a good education," he says. "I'm just worried about how long I have to wait to play, how are the players, how is the team, community and things like that, and how are the coaches."
he'll be a Nole we been goin hard and he already kno.... too bad we didnt offer Michael Green cause he would be comin here too...
 9 years ago '06        #3911
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
good looks booker

im def happy that our staff dosent just offer these kids cause some recruiting website is high on them... unlike some other programs

Mark Pantoni: Terry was hired as the Player and Community Relations and is not involved too much in the daily operations of the recruiting office. Myself and Emily Heater both have our separate duties in which we are in charge of. We both have the titles of Program a.ssistant for Recruiting. We also have other a.ssistants in the recruiting office, Ryan Solesky who works with me, and Jackie Hensel who handles the Marketing aspect for recruiting.
Mark Pantoni: I am in charge of the "Player Personnel" aspect of recruiting. My job is to know everything about not only the top players in the state but the entire country. My brain is like a database so when the coaches ask me about a player, I can give them any information they need. Thus, I help to initially find the players as early as possible, keep track of them on who they are being offered by/where they are visiting/their interest level/what are they basing their decision on/key people/etc. I then use all of that info. to help create and maintain our Recruiting board So in that aspect, I get paid to read sites like Rivals, which I have been told many times how that is like a dream job.

I also help screen all of the film that comes in and make edits/cut-ups for the coaches, and act as a liaison to the high school coaches in gathering information on players, requesting film, etc.

I also help the coaches out with special projects and many administrative type tasks involved with recruiting.

Finally, I a.ssist with unofficial/official visitors during practice and game days.
GatorBait.net: Meyer admits to following recruiting rankings. How closely do you pay attention?

Mark Pantoni: I don't pay as much attention to them as Coach Meyer does. He would always ask me where we were ranked and I would have no idea. It is great to say you have the #1 ranked recruiting class from a marketing perspective but in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't mean anything. We aren't going to take a player listed as a 4* just to boost our rankings if the coaches don't have him evaluated as high as someone else ranked lower. As Coach Meyer says, you can't evaluate a recruiting class until 4 years afterward to see how each contributed and if they won any championships anyway.
GatorBait.net: When it comes to recruiting, it's almost impossible to have a conversation and not have the Internet come up. How big a role does it play in recruiting?

Mark Pantoni: The internet plays a huge role in recruiting nowadays. I probably spend at least 4-5 hours a day reading thru all of the recruiting websites trying to gather information from interviews and staying on top of things. You always have to be on top of things and be in constant communication with the coaching staff. For example, if a prospect claims a certain school now leads, I have to alert the coaches immediately so they can get hold of the kid and find out what's going on to react to the situation and make up any lost ground.
GatorBait.net: And finally, what are the top two or three priorities for this recruiting cycle?

Mark Pantoni: Offensive line and wide receiver.
 9 years ago '04        #3912
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
UM tops Bethune-Cookman in opener

CORAL GABLES - Dave DiNatale scored three runs and had two hits as top-seed Miami defeated Bethune-Cookman 7-4 in the second game of the Coral Gables Regional on Friday night.

The Wildcats kept the game close until Blake Tekotte's two-run single in the seventh gave Miami the three-run margin.

Miami went ahead for good in the sixth when DiNatale scored his third run on Yasmani Grandal's RBI single off losing pitcher Eric Thomas (9-1).

Reliever Kyle Bellamy (6-0) got the victory, pitching 2 1/3 scoreless innings. Carlos Gutierrez pitched a scoreless ninth for his 12th save.

The victory advanced Miami (48-8) to the winner's bracket game against Missouri on Saturday at 4. Missouri defeated Mississippi 7-0 in the first game Friday.

Mark Brooks' two-out, two-run triple in the sixth tied it 4-4 and chased Miami starter Enrique Garcia, who allowed four runs and seven hits, walked three and struck out four.

The Hurricanes erased a 2-0 deficit, scoring four against Wildcats starter Hiram Burgos in the third.

Shortstop Jose Lozada's throwing error on a relay throw to third ended in the Miami dugout and scored Dave DiNatale. Yasmani Grandal's groundout drove in Adan Severino. Miami took the lead on Mark Sobolewski's two-run single.

The Wildcats (36-21) struck early with a two-run second. Brooks' ground out drove in Neal Jones for a 1-0 lead. Patrick Jones followed with a sinking line drive, which landed in front of diving right fielder Dennis Raben and scored Emannuel Castro.

Bethune-Cookman will play Mississippi in the loser's bracket game Saturday at noon in the double-elimination regional.
the road to omaha begins!:applause:
 9 years ago '06        #3913
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
northwestern got worked by north miami beach

:wow: :wow: :wow:
 05-30-2008, 11:26 PM         #3914
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I can't wait for this season.. Marve is gonna be ballllllllllllllllin
 9 years ago '06        #3915
Against D Grain 
space
space
$6,257 | Props total: 125 125
 madness said:
UM recruit still listening to offers
American defensive end Olivier Vernon is committed to Miami but says he still plans to visit other schools this year.

[pic - click to view]

Ben Aarestad was trying to call a play for his defense last spring when a persistent tap on the shoulder from a college recruiter got on his nerves.

''I'm not going to say who it was, but I can tell you this guy from Louisville wouldn't stop asking me questions about Olivier [Vernon],'' said Aarestad, in his second season as Miami American High's coach.

'I had to stop him and say, `Is it all right if I coach?' ''

Little did Aarestad know it was just the beginning. Being the ''official secretary'' for Olivier Vernon -- that's Olivier, not Oliver -- has kept Aarestad busy ever since that breakout game in Spring 2007.

Louisville, which on that same afternoon became the first school to offer Vernon a scholarship, according to the 6-3, 235-pound defensive end, is now one of 15 schools that have sent him a written offer.

Vernon committed to the University of Miami in February, shortly after an unofficial visit to the campus. But the suspense of his recruitment will likely continue all the way up to national signing day 2009.

Vernon said Alabama, Florida State and South Florida are still recruiting him ''very hard.'' And he said Crimson Tide coach Nick Saban has been giving him something to think about: the possibility of playing a flex defensive end/linebacker role like that of the Dolphins' Jason Taylor, a player Vernon admires.

''I'm still committed to UM,'' Vernon said Wednesday. ``But I still got a lot of schools talking to me and I want to take my official visits. I want to enjoy the process.''

A LATE START

Vernon has a good reason. He hasn't been able to enjoy playing football very long.

''I always told my parents I wanted to play football, but they wouldn't sign me up,'' Vernon said. ``So I played soccer for like eight years. I played forward, midfielder, striker. Then I got here in the ninth grade and I stopped all that.''

Now his parents -- mother Bernadette and father Olivier Sr. -- are his two biggest football supporters. Bernadette volunteers 60 hours per week at American and is the head of the PTA and president of the team's booster club. Olivier Sr., a Miami Beach police officer, helps serve team meals in the fall.

Vernon, who has a 2.6 GPA, has convinced his parents that football is the right sport for him. After playing on the JV team as a freshman, Vernon started 10 games on varsity as a sophomore. He followed up his sensational spring with a junior year in which he recorded 42 tackles (18 for loss) and 12 ˝ sacks.

His coach believes Vernon, who was selected to the All-Dade Second Team, likely would have earned first-team honors if not for one of the most highly touted senior classes in Miami-Dade history in 2008.

''As a sophomore you could see Olivier had it,'' Aarestad said. ``Some of the things he did naturally were amazing. Then, this past fall, he basically did whatever he wanted.''

Vernon's size, strength and speed have a lot to do with it. After competing in track this spring, Vernon was timed running an improved 40-yard dash time of 4.7 seconds. His strength numbers -- 320-pound bench press and 455-pound squat -- also went up.

STILL IMPROVING

National recruiting analysts have Vernon as one of the top 10 pass-rushing defensive ends in the country in the class of 2009 and the second best in Florida behind Seffner Armwood's Ryne Giddins (6-4, 235).

What separates Vernon from the rest of the pack, according to his coach, is his versatility. This season, Aarestad said he will play Vernon a little at outside linebacker to give him the opportunity to thrive in a Taylor-type role.

Vernon, though, said he still feels much more comfortable at end. He played linebacker for only three snaps in American's 14-0 loss to k!llian in a spring jamboree.

''I just want to learn the position more and keep getting better,'' Vernon said. "I've got nothing to do but keep getting better at football and school.''

Get Em Nick
 9 years ago '06        #3916
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
canes win again beat Missouri 6-5 :applause::applause::applause:
 06-02-2008, 10:09 PM         #3917
SMLB 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Miami is back on it.. #1 recruiting class, you diiiiiiiig :applause:
 9 years ago '04        #3918
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
i had to cancel my rivals subscription :( i will be relying on you guys with news!!!

cane nation always strong i'm happy to see y'all still post on this
 06-03-2008, 08:32 AM         #3919
CANEBOI11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Roebuck (SC) Dorman High School CB Taylor Sowell has been a North Carolina commitment since February.

But, after the Canes offered a scholarship two weeks ago, the talented 6-foot-0, 185-pounder with 4.5-second speed says he'll be "considering Miami a lot."

"I'm still taking it in (that Miami offered)," Sowell said. "That's big right there, and the city down there, being down there by the beach ... I'm going to take a visit – my dad likes the school, I like the school. We'll talk more and visit and see how we like it."

Sowell says he committed to North Carolina because "It's a good school, and kind of close to home. My dad likes them a lot.

"I didn't think I was going to get any more offers because North Carolina was my first one. My coach said there was a chance I might not get any more offers, and it's better to have one than try to wait for something to come. He said you might not want to wait and just verbal just in case, so that was the deal with that."

Sowell says he's also giving consideration to West Virginia and Georgia Tech. He also has an offer from Virginia.

"Me and my dad are planning on some visits," Sowell said. "We're working on the schedule now. We're definitely going to take a visit to Miami."

Of UM, he says, "I just know they've been good. They have a lot of defensive players in the NFL right now. It's a respectable school. I watched them growing up."

Coaches Wesley McGriff and Clint Hurtt are recruiting him.

"I talk to them every week," Sowell said. "We talk about things that go on down there, the history of the school, what goes on during the season and off-season, just basically a whole run-down of Miami, how the place is a good place to be at."

As a junior Sowell finished with six interceptions, 40 tackles an seven passes broken up.

So what kind of chance does Miami really have?

"It's a really big chance," Sowell says. "Really big. I never would have imagined Miami would offer me."
 06-03-2008, 08:33 AM         #3920
CANEBOI11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Sweatshirt helping Kane prepare

Incoming freshman LB Zach Kane knows conditioning will have a lot to do with his performance once he arrives in Miami.

He's heard plenty about the heat and humidity of South Florida, so the New Jersey native decided to do something to simulate the conditions he'll be practicing in this summer when he arrives at UM – "It's getting hot up here now and I'm trying to get used to it - I run with a sweatshirt on sometimes to get used to it, do a lot of sprints," he says.

Kane says he's following the UM workout plan he received in the mail. And he's also doing some extra work.

"The workout plan's not difficult to do, but you can push yourself more and more each week," Kane said. "I do stuff on the side also – I do classes and courses for speed and strength, do explosive power stuff to get faster."

Among the things he does is pull tires as he runs. Kane hopes all the hard work pays off with early playing time.

"I'll be at middle linebacker and I'm on second string kickoff team, supposedly," Kane said. "I don't know if I'll play right away. They're giving me the opportunity, but you never know."

Kane played at 212 pounds last season and says he currently weighs 220.

"I'm pretty lean, and I'm stronger," he said. "I definitely bench and squat a lot more."

He says he's improved 90 pounds on his bench max. He says he could do 10 reps of 225 pounds during his senior season and now he's up to "17 or 18" reps.

Kane has already gotten a taste of what it will be like playing at the college level.

"I went to the spring game, was in the stands," he said. "And I was at practice when I was down there – I've definitely got to work on a lot of things (from watching practice), but there's time."

Of his goals as a freshman, Kane says "Hopefully I can stick with the kickoff (special teams) spot, perform on that, and perform in practice. If they give me a scout middle linebacker job, hopefully they can see me take control there."

Of the team's goals, Kane says "Nobody thinks this year will be a national championship, but we should hopefully just do really well."

Kane says he's already received his UM admission letter and will arrive in Miami June 23.

"I'm rooming with Taylor Cook, and Jordan Futch and Joe Wiley are suitemates," he said.

Kane says his understanding is he will wear uniform No.34.

"That's what I wore in high school, so hopefully I can keep it," he said.

* Kane is playing in the New Jersey vs. New York all-star game June 8. He begins practice today.

"We have seven practices," he said. "That'll give me time to get in shape, some competition. There are kids going to Michigan, Ohio, Central Florida, Iowa, so there's a lot of competition.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Best Twerking Vines
31 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
162 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
360 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside J Cole 4 Your Eyez Only Documentary! Drake Stans Come See a TRUE Hip Ho..
36 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Soulja Boy caught Pump faking he in Singapore but really in a ratcher ..
57 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
156 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 2 - Man who gunned down ex-NFL player in road rage case released wi..
142 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy