Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oh My Damn!!!!
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside When ya upstairs neighbors more petty than you
74 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Middle School Student in China Proposes to His Teacher, Gets Mercilessl..
10 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #3881
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,579 | Props total: 11963 11963
we are ranked #1 overall in the championship tourney in baseball

LETS GET GET GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alonso will be a top 20 pick
 9 years ago '04        #3882
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
 P. Dedos said:
we are ranked #1 overall in the championship tourney in baseball

LETS GET GET GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alonso will be a top 20 pick
it kinda sucks tho cuz missouri, ole miss and BCC are in our field. all those teams are capable of pulling off the upset.
 9 years ago '05        #3883
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,654 | Props total: 3750 3750
Trabis Ward favoriting Ohio State
 9 years ago '06        #3884
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 Junior G said:
Trabis Ward favoriting Ohio State
thats cause he dosent even have a miami offer like Berry

if we offer im sure he jumps

listen to the end he bleeds this shyt :rasta:
 9 years ago '05        #3885
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,917 | Props total: 3 3
 P. Dedos said:
thats cause he dosent even have a miami offer like Berry
Berry has already told the Ohio State staff his intentions to play for the Buckeyes next year. No timetable on when that will be made public. Probably this summer after his mother gets up there.

I'm glad Miami didn't offer. I think the ground might be a little to far to make up if they got involved now, but as Im sure you know, had Miami been there from the start this might be completely different.

Ward wont get an offer btw. We are talking Berry/Speed Back, Hyde/Power Back, Hall/ATH/Scatback.
 9 years ago '06        #3886
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 Y2Luda said:
Berry has already told the Ohio State staff his intentions to play for the Buckeyes next year. No timetable on when that will be made public. Probably this summer after his mother gets up there.

I'm glad Miami didn't offer. I think the ground might be a little to far to make up if they got involved now, but as Im sure you know, had Miami been there from the start this might be completely different.

Ward wont get an offer btw. We are talking Berry/Speed Back, Hyde/Power Back, Hall/ATH/Scatback.
i doubt we take more than two running backs in this class....

and we got the two best running backs that we wanted

good luck to berry and all but give me lamar miller and bryce brown and then get the next wave in 2010 :rasta:

i hope this dosent jinx a lamar miller commit... but from all comments and most other teams wont even waste time trying to talk to lamar cause they feel its a wrap too

Last edited by DEDOS; 05-27-2008 at 06:44 PM..
 9 years ago '05        #3887
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
 P. Dedos said:

good luck to berry and all but give me lamar miller and bryce brown and then get the next wave in 2010 :rasta:

i hope this dosent jinx a lamar miller commit... but from all comments and most other teams wont even waste time trying to talk to lamar cause they feel its a wrap too

I feel you. I personally like Berry a bit more than Miller but we are splitting hairs at that point.

Either way you guys are getting a hell of a combo with those two if it works out. BTW, I think Miller is 150% Hurricane....as long as his grades are okay.
 9 years ago '07        #3888
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
It is extremely early, but it is already becoming evident the running back class of 2010 coming out of Miami-Dade will be special.

Already, the class has a handful of guys who will likely be able to choose to go to any college in the country by the end of their recruiting process.

Miami won’t have to go far to find a quality running back in 2010, but the staff will need to do their research so they find the right fit.

Jakhari Gore – has the most publicity of any of the Miami running backs from this class because he is the cousin of former UM running back Frank Gore and he has produced since his freshman year. He has a similar running style to his cousin in that he has very quick feet, great balance, and great vision. Gore ran for 1,106 yards and 13 touchdowns on 114 carries as a sophomore.

Eduardo Clements – is the most complete running back of the class. He has the size and strength to run between the tackles and he has the speed to break long runs outside. He has been the starting running back at Booker T. Washington the previous two years. Clements was the MVP of the state championship game last year for the Tornadoes when he rushed for 100 yards and scored two touchdowns in the game. He ran for 961 yards and 19 touchdowns on 158 carries as a sophomore.

Hosey Williams – is probably the running back with the most explosive ability in the group. He has a great burst through the line of scrimmage and is rarely caught if he manages to break into the secondary. Williams has been ultra-productive in his career. He has rushed for over 1,000 yards as a freshman and sophomore and tied for the Dade County lead last year with 20 rushing touchdowns on the season. Williams is the smallest running back on this list and that might prevent UM from giving him a look.

Brandon Gainer – is the power back of the group who is at his best running between the tackles. He is a strong back who has the frame to likely be at about 210 pounds by his senior year. Gainer’s sophomore season was cut short due to a shoulder injury he sustained mid-season, but he still managed to total 487 yards and four touchdowns on 64 carries.

Corvin Lamb – has a gear which few running backs posses. He runs a legitimated 4.3 in the 40 and is well built at 5-feet-9 and 180 pounds. He runs well outside of the tackles and gets upfield in a hurry. An Lamb must improve in the coming years is his ability to run tough through traffic. He has a tendency to be brought down on tackles that he should break. Lamb’s speed will make him one of the most sought after backs in the 2010 class though. He ran for 350 yards and four touchdowns on 31 carries as a sophomore.
 9 years ago '07        #3889
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
With spring football right around the corner, expect the Miami coaching staff to begin passing out more offers to local players.

The 2009 class of South Florida talent may not be as deep as the 2008 class, but there is still talent in the area to be had.

The following is a list of players who haven’t received a Miami offer yet that I would like to see UM offer this spring.

Denard Robinson

Robinson wants to play quarterback in college, but at 5-feet-11 and 180 pounds, his future is in playing cornerback. With UM’s great need for corners in the 2009 class, the coaching staff should give Robinson his offer and work on convincing him to play defensive back. With his 4.3 speed in the 40, Robinson has the raw ability and potential to be a strong corner at the college level.

Quan Fletcher

Fletcher is not the typical linebacker Miami targets because he is big at 6-2, 240 pounds, but all he does is make plays. Fletcher has natural linebacker instincts that can’t be taught and he will likely be a productive middle linebacker at whatever school he ends up. Many who watched Fletcher believe he is a better football player than his Krop teammate Ettiene Sabino was. All Fletcher did last season was finish with 142 tackles, 37 tackles for loss, nine sacks, two interceptions, and seven fumble recoveries.

Ricardo Dixon

With Miami’s need at corner, there is no reason Dixon should not already have an offer. UM may be concerned with Dixon’s slight build, but much like current UM sophomore DeMarcus Van Dyke, Dixon will put on the needed weight in college. Dixon admits to being a big Miami fan still to this day and he likely won’t be a tough sell for the UM coaching staff.

Frankie Telfort

It is time for Miami to recruit Telfort. At six-feet and 200 pounds, Telfort is the type of linebacker Miami loves to target. Telfort reportedly runs a 4.4 in the 40 and carries himself with a UM swagger. I expect Miami to give him a serious look this spring when the staff makes it out to Gulliver Prep this spring.

Jaamal Berry

Berry has been a rising star on the national recruiting scene in the last two months. Berry holds offers from virtually every major program east of the Mississippi. Berry is a punishing runner who has 4.4 speed in the 40. No matter how many running backs Miami wants to bring in with the 2009 class UM should not let a player with the elite talent of Berry leave South Florida.
 9 years ago '06        #3890
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
fu*k frankie... give me bostic instead
 9 years ago '04        #3891
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
props ttime
 9 years ago '04        #3892
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
$8,675 | Props total: 7 7
:applause: for Randy Shannon going on the Middle East tour
 9 years ago '04        #3893
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 UknowWhatItIs said:
:applause: for Randy Shannon going on the Middle East tour
:applause:tuberville and them held it down too
 9 years ago '04        #3894
1000bluntz 
space
space
$15,025 | Props total: 2225 2225
 P. Dedos said:
fu*k frankie... give me bostic instead
I want Bostic like a motherfu*ker, kid could probably play every LB position and well.
 9 years ago '04        #3895
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 P. Dedos said:

• Palmetto running back Jaamal Berry, rated Miami-Dade's best '09 prospect and 37th nationally by rivals.com, said he is surprised UM hasn't offered him a scholarship. ''I grew up a UM fan. I guess they don't want me,'' he said. UM instead offered a scholarship to k!llian running back Lamar Miller (ranked 80th and undecided) and has an oral commitment from Wichita (Kansas) RB Bryce Brown (ranked ninth in the country and UM linebacker Arthur Brown's brother).
if we needed another back and offered him, i'm positive berry wouldve jumped on it.

Last edited by madness; 05-28-2008 at 02:55 AM..
 9 years ago '05        #3896
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
 madness said:
if we needed another back and offered him, i'm positive berry wouldve jumped on it.
I agree, but "would've" is the key word. At this point, I don't think he would.

It works out for all of us though. You guys get 2 outstanding RB's, and we get our 2 outstanding RB's from Florida.
 05-28-2008, 08:42 AM         #3897
CANEBOI11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The Hurricanes have several signees that are on the fence academically.

For a couple, the results of the last ACT test were heartwarming.

Others say they are still either waiting on their results or will be taking it again.

LB Gavin Hardin's ACT score brought great news. He got his scores in the mail and put up a 20. His previous best score was a 16 on his second attempt; he had a 15 the first time he took the test.

"It was just studying," Hardin said. "I had more time on it.

"I was happy (when I got the score). I told Miami coaches - they know, are happy. The clearinghouse process is going on right now."

Andrew Smith also retook the ACT, hoping to improve on his 18 score. He says he wound up with another 18.

He says he's fine with that.

Now he has to raise his GPA from a 2.4 to 2.5. He says "I'll be fine" once his final report card grades are factored in.

Antonio Harper is a signee who should have received his test results by now.

If he actually took the test.

He says he showed up on the testing date and that "The ACT didn't let me take it – I went to the place and they were telling me I didn't register. I was so mad."

His best score so far is a 16, and he says his understanding is he needs an 18 for admission to UM.

"I have one last (ACT) testing date," he said. "I'm going to take the SAT also, so I have two chances really.

"I'm quite sure I'll make it. That's what I'm hoping."

Also still on the academic fence are Benjamin Jones and Brandon Washington. While it would have been expected they'd receive their scores by now, Jones says he hasn't gotten his back, and Washington's mother said she hasn't gotten his scores either.

Jones says his teammate, Kendall Thompkins, should be okay academically for admission to Miami.

"I think he's good to go," Jones said.

Jones suffered a knee sprain a month ago that limited his ability to work out, but he says he's "fine now."

Others also still working to qualify are C.J. Holton, who has scored an 18 on the ACT but needs to raise his GPA, and C.J. Odom, who is working to raise his SAT score.
 9 years ago '06        #3898
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 Y2Luda said:
I agree, but "would've" is the key word. At this point, I don't think he would.

It works out for all of us though. You guys get 2 outstanding RB's, and we get our 2 outstanding RB's from Florida.
well in a interview done yesterday it looks like jamal berry is trying to make sense why the canes wouldnt offer him......

Palmetto running back Jaamal Berry, rated Miami-Dade's best '09 prospect and 37th nationally by rivals.com, said he is surprised UM hasn't offered him a scholarship. ''I grew up a UM fan. I guess they don't want me,'' he said. UM instead offered a scholarship to k!llian running back Lamar Miller (ranked 80th and undecided) and has an oral commitment from Wichita (Kansas) RB Bryce Brown (ranked ninth in the country and UM linebacker Arthur Brown's brother).
he might be OSU lock... or he might go to florida

but both schools should be very worried if UM offers :rasta:
 9 years ago '04        #3899
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
$8,675 | Props total: 7 7
Dedos gotta spread some rep... I was talking about Brandon Moore from Montgomery,AL in the Alabama thread if thats what you were asking about (he grew up a Canes fan)
 9 years ago '06        #3900
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 UknowWhatItIs said:
Dedos gotta spread some rep... I was talking about Brandon Moore from Montgomery,AL in the Alabama thread if thats what you were asking about (he grew up a Canes fan)
im guess the kid was offered to play OL here.....

do u know if the kid can play O line famo?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Plano High School Curriculum: Beer Pong & Algebra Teacher Puzzy
86 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside J Cole 4 Your Eyez Only Documentary! Drake Stans Come See a TRUE Hip Ho..
37 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Best Twerking Vines
33 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
69 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
360 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Soulja Boy caught Pump faking he in Singapore but really in a ratcher ..
59 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside SOCCER is better than FOOTBALL and BASKETBALL!!!!!
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Soulja Boy tell Shia LeBouf to pull up in the streets !!!!
50 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy