most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Melissa Ford !!
29 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kool Killa Klay Highlights vs Pacers (2016.12.05) 60 points, Grand Wizadry
66 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #3841
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
Today we catch up with Tommy Streeter, a 6-4, 190-pound receiver out of Miami Northwestern High. With his size and speed (4.49 in the 40), he could wind be the Hurricanes' most dangerous recruit of the class, regardless of position. Here's what Streeter is saying these days as he prepares for his UM arrival:

SR: Your teammate Aldarius Johnson was known as "Glue Hands" when you guys played at Traz Powell in high school. Did longtime announcer Willie Wilcox have a nickname for you?

TS: Yeah, they used to call me "Stretch `em out Streeter." It was something the announcer came up with. I guess over the course of the season, he said everything I catch, I just stretch out and get it. I liked it.

SR: How cool would it be for one day that you and Aldarius are the starting receivers at UM?

TS: Only time will tell. We're two big guys coming from winning systems and we have the drive to get better and push each other. I teach him things. He teaches me things. That's the advantage we have, we've played together for a long time. He's down there (at UM) now and he's not so much telling me things, but showing me things.

SR: Most of your Northwestern teammates committed to UM really early in the process. What took you so long?

TS: My dad (Tommy Streeter Sr. played at Colorado in the mid-80s) told me it was a long process and to be patient and take advantage of the experience. It only comes once in a lifetime. Just because other guys committed early, didn't mean I couldn't take my time.

SR: Were you having any reservations about playing with your old teammates in college? Did you feel like you had to break away from the pack?

TS: That's not true at all. You've got to do what's best for you. I told that to every reporter that I talked with and they took it out of context. They thought I felt like I was going to be in Aldarius' shadow. That had nothing to do with it. We can both dominate together.

SR: How comfortable are you running routes across the middle? Are you capable of being that possession wide receiver?

TS: It doesn't matter to me. It's my job to catch the football, no matter where they send me. I just want to go out and get the job done. But I don't want to be a possession receiver. I want teams to have to prepare for Tommy Streeter. I don't want to catch the ball and get tackled. I want to be the deep threat.

SR: What has been your focus in the offseason? Anything in particular that you are trying to improve on?

TS: In college, (defensive backs) are going to be pressing you, so I'm trying to bulk up. I want to be ready for the next level. I just started working out again. I've gained five pounds. I was running track and that caused me to lose 10 pounds. I also want to work on my blocking.

SR: It appears UM is probably at least a year away from making any real noise in the ACC. Is it going to be tough dealing with those losses after such a successful high school career?

TS: When I get to Miami, I don't even think we're going to lose, personally. I'm going there with a winning attitude. We're used to winning, coming from the No. 1 team in the country. We're used to the crowds, our games were always sold out. It's no different. Guys are just bigger, faster, stronger and smarter.

SR: You guys were the national champs in high school, but there is debate if you were even the best team in Dade County. Who would've won between Northwestern and Class 4A champion Booker T. Washington?

TS: (Laughing) Why do people always bring this up? I doubt they would beat us and that's all I'll say. We were the No. 1 team in the nation for a reason. It's easy for them (Booker T) to talk about it once it's passed. If they wanted to play, it should've been set up.
 9 years ago '04        #3842
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
"strech' em out" streeter coming to an endzone near you!:rasta:

i was just watching his 3-touchdown game against southlake carroll texas, my god i cant wait to see him abuse n*ggas on the next level:applause:
 9 years ago '06        #3843
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,595 | Props total: 12024 12024
yeah streeter is gonna sick

my favorite moment was when streeter owned jeremy brown ( gator DB commit ) over and over then got a TD on him... then the cameras went to the sidelines and he said " whos jeremy brown " taunting his a.ss.. he had the U swagga from the start...

:rasta:
 05-15-2008, 03:54 PM         #3844
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Cory White out of Jacksonville signed. Gonna be a TE
 9 years ago '04        #3845
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
Hurricanes blow away Tar Heels, take ACC crown

CORAL GABLES - North Carolina pitcher Alex White had only allowed two home runs all season.

By the fourth inning Thursday, the University of Miami matched that total.

By game's end, the Hurricanes were celebrating the Atlantic Coast Conference regular season title.

UM showcased its powerful hitting and the pitching of Chris Hernandez to capture a 12-2 victory at Mark Light Field in front of 3,250 fans. The win and Florida State's loss to North Carolina State wrapped up the league championship and the No. 1 seed in next week's ACC tournament in Jacksonville.

"Our guys played well," UM coach Jim Morris said. "White is an outstanding pitcher. He's put up great numbers. He's got really good stuff. To score the numbers of runs, that was big for us."

The first game of this series, a matchup of the nation's top two teams, was hardly the prize-f!ght expected. This was more like a contender in a sparring session.

The second-ranked Tar Heels grabbed an early lead, but it was all the No. 1 Hurricanes (43-6, 23-3 in ACC) from there.

After falling behind 1-0 in the first inning, UM gained control in third on one swing by first baseman Yonder Alonso. He hit a grand slam off White and sparked the Hurricanes for the second time this week.

It was Alonso who hit a homer Tuesday to wake up the team and help it avoid an upset bid against North Florida. He has 17 this season.

"The whole momentum [changed]," Alonso said. "We were losing 1-0 at that point. Coach said, 'Come on guys, we've got to get something going.' The guys at the bottom of the order, they did a good job. They walked, they battled. When it was my turn, I tried to put a big piece on it."

UNC (43-10, 20-7) came right back with a run in the fourth on an RBI single by Tim Federowicz that made it 4-2.

The momentum was short-lived as the Hurricanes showed their lineup depth when Dave DiNatale hit a two-run homer.

UM then broke it completely open with a six-run seventh in which it forced the Tar Heels to use three pitchers.

The 12 runs were more than enough cushion for Hernandez.

Even though he's just a freshman, Hernandez continued to show why he's one of the nation's top young pitchers. He allowed just six hits and two runs with seven strikeouts.

Hernandez never faced any real threats after the fourth inning, improving to 10-0.

"I'm feeling more comfortable out there," Hernandez said. "I'm not nervous out there.

"I just looked at this as another game. I don't try to keep up with those [rankings], because if you do, that's when you start getting nervous about games and I don't want to do that."

shout out to the muthafu*kin baseball team, they doin the damn thang:applause:

like dedos says, we already NFL U and now we about to be MLB U!!:rasta:
 9 years ago '05        #3846
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
baseball been doing it for a while...funny i ran into my boy whose a um pitcher and we were getting drunk as fuuuuck at the grove last night
 05-18-2008, 04:12 PM         #3847
CANEBOI11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Monroeville (PA) Gateway High School athlete Corey Brown is up to 32 scholarship offers.

And he says he's strongly considering Miami.

"I talk to coach (Aubrey) Hill a lot," Brown said. "We talk about getting me down there. I'll probably go to visit this summer or on an official visit.

"I know a lot about Miami. I talked to some people that went there. They say it's a nice school, that there's a lot of history."

Brown is being recruited as a cornerback/wide receiver.

Last year he had 24 receptions for over 500 yards, adding five interceptions, 10 passes broken up and 54 tackles on defense.

He says he has no frontrunners right now.

Of where UM fits in, he simply says, "They're up there."

"I definitely want to go there and see it," he adds.

Brown has already taken unofficial visits to several other schools – Michigan, Ohio State, North Carolina, Pittsburgh, Penn State, Maryland and West Virginia.

He says those visits haven't helped him narrow things down yet.

Asked when he'd like to make a final decision, he says, "I don't have a clue yet."

And he says things are getting hectic for him.

"All these coaches want me to call them every night and stuff," Brown said. "They're always telling my coach to tell me to call them - they can't call me (per NCAA rules), so I have to call them."
 9 years ago '06        #3848
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
Coach Hill is really gonna pay off!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 years ago '08        #3849
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,014 | Props total: 156 156
 CANEBOI11 said:
Monroeville (PA) Gateway High School athlete Corey Brown is up to 32 scholarship offers.

And he says he's strongly considering Miami.

"I talk to coach (Aubrey) Hill a lot," Brown said. "We talk about getting me down there. I'll probably go to visit this summer or on an official visit.

"I know a lot about Miami. I talked to some people that went there. They say it's a nice school, that there's a lot of history."

Brown is being recruited as a cornerback/wide receiver.

Last year he had 24 receptions for over 500 yards, adding five interceptions, 10 passes broken up and 54 tackles on defense.

He says he has no frontrunners right now.

Of where UM fits in, he simply says, "They're up there."

"I definitely want to go there and see it," he adds.

Brown has already taken unofficial visits to several other schools – Michigan, Ohio State, North Carolina, Pittsburgh, Penn State, Maryland and West Virginia.

He says those visits haven't helped him narrow things down yet.

Asked when he'd like to make a final decision, he says, "I don't have a clue yet."

And he says things are getting hectic for him.

"All these coaches want me to call them every night and stuff," Brown said. "They're always telling my coach to tell me to call them - they can't call me (per NCAA rules), so I have to call them."
Don`t even waste your time, every kis from that area goes to either Pitt or OSU......By the way, your sig with the Forston quote is the realest sh*t I`ve seen on bx.......
 9 years ago '06        #3850
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 904Nole said:
Don`t even waste your time, every kis from that area goes to either Pitt or OSU......By the way, your sig with the Forston quote is the realest sh*t I`ve seen on bx.......
fortson owned those clowns trying to use the sean taylor situation against us.. they bleed green and orange out here mang they aint gonna stop us!!!

9 years ago '08        #3851
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,014 | Props total: 156 156
 P. Dedos said:
fortson owned those clowns trying to use the sean taylor situation against us.. they bleed green and orange out here mang they aint gonna stop us!!!

And that is exactly why I don`t respect Florida..... What kinda n*gga would use some sh*t like that to sway a recruite?They gets no love for that foul tactic...
 9 years ago '04        #3852
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 904Nole said:
And that is exactly why I don`t respect Florida..... What kinda n*gga would use some sh*t like that to sway a recruite?They gets no love for that foul tactic...
it wasnt only florida, a number of other schools tried to use the sean taylor incident against us.

negative recruiting happens at every school, like i'm sure some schools are using the FSU cheating scandal against yall.
 9 years ago '04        #3853
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 904Nole said:
Don`t even waste your time, every kis from that area goes to either Pitt or OSU......
hill knows some of those east coast kids personally from when he coached at pitt, he's definately got some connections up there.
 9 years ago '04        #3854
1000bluntz 
space
space
$15,027 | Props total: 2227 2227
 madness said:
it wasnt only florida, a number of other schools tried to use the sean taylor incident against us.

negative recruiting happens at every school, like i'm sure some schools are using the FSU cheating scandal against yall.
True, every school negatively recruits against each other, especially our in-state schools. It's not as if FSU or Miami don't do the sh*t just as bad and you're a clown if you think otherwise. I don't even get offended off the sh*t no more, it's to be expected. Like telling RBs they won't ever touch the ball at Florida. Anybody with a brain knows that ain't true but they still tell these dumbass kids this type of sh*t all the time and lots of them fall for it. No way to get around it. They should be thinking hey I could come in and actually make an impact at UF running the ball taking some of the load off of Tebow but a lot of kids are dumb.
 9 years ago '05        #3855
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,917 | Props total: 3 3
 904Nole said:
Don`t even waste your time, every kis from that area goes to either Pitt or OSU......
Corey Brown is down to OSU and Michigan for all intensive purposes. Recent articles have stated Michgian leads but I do not believe that for a couple reasons.

#1) He grew up liking OSU.

#2) As soon as we offered he informed a few of our recruits he intends on being a Buckeye.

#3) His teammate, 5* LB Bell, is already commited to us.
 9 years ago '07        #3856
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
Rising junior Todd Chandler (right) anchors the defensive line for reigning No. 1 Miami Northwestern.

MIAMI -- Tyresse Jones, the sinewy running back from Miami Northwestern High, was pondering his future Friday.

He was concerned for the dearth of college interest when coach Billy Rolle emerged from the office.

"Here you go," said Rolle, tossing a bundle of mail with nearly 50 college pitch letters and offers. "Now you have choices, Tyresse."

With that the torch was passed.

Jones felt like a hot prospect, knowing he'll have multiple college choices.

"It feels good," said Jones, while smiling. "I didn't know where I stood (with colleges)."

He does now and it hammers home the obvious: At talent-rich Miami Northwestern, the Bulls never rebuild, they reload, as several players are on the wish list of most BCS schools.

Jones, a rising senior, is one of eight returning starters for the Bulls, who finished top-ranked in the ESPN HIGH Elite 25 football rankings in 2007. He rushed for 527 yards and six touchdowns, but will have an expanded role when the season kicks off on Sept. 5 against Carol City (Opa-Locka).

The spring practice sessions -- Florida schools are allowed 15 in May -- came at an opportune time for the Bulls.

The first week was capped Friday amidst steamy, hot temperatures with a controlled 30-play scrimmage. This was the first live action since Dec. 15 when the Bulls trounced Boone (Orlando) 41-0 to win their second straight Class 6A state championship and fourth overall since 1995.

"It's back to work," Rolle said. "We'll emphasize the fundamentals like blocking and tackling. Time to knock the rust off and brush up on a few things; we have two more weeks after this."

Excuse Rolle if he laments the graduation of 18 seniors who signed with colleges, including eight with the University of Miami.

Instead he wrings his hands as the 2008 season kicked off this week.

Northwestern concludes the spring with a jamboree game against North Miami Beach on May 30 at Traz Powell Stadium.

"It's time for us to step up," said Jones, an ESPN 150 Watch List player. "There are doubters out there expecting us to lose this year because lost so many seniors. But that's not the way we look at it; we have a lot of young, hungry players all competing for positions."

Jones and Daquan Hargrett, who ran for eight TDs and a team-leading 605 yards on 82 carries in 2007, form a diminutive one-two running punch while Wayne Times (5-10, 170 pounds) will be the quarterback, solidifying the backfield. Center Shavin Wright is the lone returning starter along the offensive line.

"We have three solid running backs and three others were reassigned new positions just to get them on the field," Rolle said. "Players come into the spring trying out for any position but the coaches will make the final call."

Expect Times, a triple threat, to bring a new dimension to the Bulls. Jacory Harris, a 6-4 quarterback who enrolled at Miami in January, was pass-oriented, throwing for 3,445 yards and 49 TDs in 2007.

"Times is an athlete," Rolle said. "We'll do some different things this year, mainly establishing the run."

Northwestern, which completed a wire-to-wire finish atop the Elite 25 rankings, recorded its second straight 15-0 season, winning the nation's most difficult high school football tournament. The Bulls enter the season carrying a 30-game win streak, the longest current streak in Florida. The Greater Miami Athletic Conference features powers such as Miami Central, Booker T. Washington and Miami Southridge.

Last season, Rolle (112-29 record in 10 years) inherited a loaded squad with 26 returning seniors in July and knew better than to tinker with it. He won his third Class 6A state championship in his second stint with the Bulls. Rolle previously won a 6A title with Northwestern in 1998 and his second with k!llian (Miami) in 2004.

Rolle righted the ship when the entire Northwestern coaching staff was let go in the aftermath of a s3x scandal involving a former player and underage female student.

Instead of wilting, the Bulls pulled together, combining a quick-strike offense and stingy defense which had five shutouts.

The 4-3, ball-hawking defense is bolstered by cornerback Khalid Marshall (5-9, 165), nose tackle Todd Chandler (6-0, 280), safety Tevin McKaskill (6-2, 180) and end Wade Tolbert (6-2, 230). McKaskill is on the ESPN 150 Watch List.

Talent and depth are hallmarks for the Bulls.

"We always have the players but the spring is like a stepping stone," said Chandler, who favors Miami and Florida from a slew of suitors. "We ultimately want to win another state championship. This is the first step."

Rising junior Corvin Lamb, a converted slot back, is learning the position and already receiving recruiting correspondence. Lamb, who ran a 4.31 40-yard dash at the Underclassman Camp in February in Boca Raton, recently flashed that speed at the Class 4A state track meet.

Lamb, along with three football players, teamed to win the 4x400 meter relay. He took second in the 400 (47.96 seconds) and sixth in the 200 (21.97). Jones and Hargrett were two of the four legs on the third-place 4x100 relay.

"The bar is set high every year," said Corvin, who rushed for 338 yards and four scores as a sophomore. "It's our job to (during spring practice) to get them ready for the season and winning another title. That's what we expect around here."

9 years ago '04        #3857
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
UM track has top finishes

University of Miami sprinter Tim Harris and hurdler Cory Nelms won their events in career-best times at the Georgia Tech Invitational on Saturday in Atlanta.

Harris, a four-time All-American, lowered his top collegiate time in the 800-meters by finishing first in 1 minute, 47.12 seconds. Patrick O'Donnell also ran in the event, finishing at 1:53.62.

Harris has won all three 800-meter races he has competed in this season, including his third outdoor and sixth overall Atlantic Coast Conference title.

Nelms ran a personal best (14.23) in the final of the 110-meter hurdles, winning the event with his eighth regional qualifying time of the season.

The 400-meter relay team of DeMarcus Van Dyke, Bruce Johnson, Khalil Jones and Shawnbrey McNeal missed the regional qualifying mark by one one-hundredth of a second, with their second-place finish in 40.67.

The lone field participant, Elan Daviglus, hit his season-best height in the high jump with a mark of 2.05 meters.

Harris and Nelms will be joined by Les Bradley II (110 hurdles) as the men's representatives in the NCAA Regional Championships in Tallahassee from May 30-31.
 9 years ago '06        #3858
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
nobody gonna catch Corvin Lamb

05-19-2008, 02:07 PM         #3859
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
McNeal will be a problem if they get him the rock.. Kids unreal.
 05-19-2008, 02:11 PM         #3860
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Rising junior Todd Chandler (right) anchors the defensive line for reigning No. 1 Miami Northwestern.

MIAMI -- Tyresse Jones, the sinewy running back from Miami Northwestern High, was pondering his future Friday.

He was concerned for the dearth of college interest when coach Billy Rolle emerged from the office.

"Here you go," said Rolle, tossing a bundle of mail with nearly 50 college pitch letters and offers. "Now you have choices, Tyresse."

With that the torch was passed.

Jones felt like a hot prospect, knowing he'll have multiple college choices.

"It feels good," said Jones, while smiling. "I didn't know where I stood (with colleges)."

He does now and it hammers home the obvious: At talent-rich Miami Northwestern, the Bulls never rebuild, they reload, as several players are on the wish list of most BCS schools.

Jones, a rising senior, is one of eight returning starters for the Bulls, who finished top-ranked in the ESPN HIGH Elite 25 football rankings in 2007. He rushed for 527 yards and six touchdowns, but will have an expanded role when the season kicks off on Sept. 5 against Carol City (Opa-Locka).

The spring practice sessions -- Florida schools are allowed 15 in May -- came at an opportune time for the Bulls.

The first week was capped Friday amidst steamy, hot temperatures with a controlled 30-play scrimmage. This was the first live action since Dec. 15 when the Bulls trounced Boone (Orlando) 41-0 to win their second straight Class 6A state championship and fourth overall since 1995.

"It's back to work," Rolle said. "We'll emphasize the fundamentals like blocking and tackling. Time to knock the rust off and brush up on a few things; we have two more weeks after this."

Excuse Rolle if he laments the graduation of 18 seniors who signed with colleges, including eight with the University of Miami.

Instead he wrings his hands as the 2008 season kicked off this week.

Northwestern concludes the spring with a jamboree game against North Miami Beach on May 30 at Traz Powell Stadium.

"It's time for us to step up," said Jones, an ESPN 150 Watch List player. "There are doubters out there expecting us to lose this year because lost so many seniors. But that's not the way we look at it; we have a lot of young, hungry players all competing for positions."

Jones and Daquan Hargrett, who ran for eight TDs and a team-leading 605 yards on 82 carries in 2007, form a diminutive one-two running punch while Wayne Times (5-10, 170 pounds) will be the quarterback, solidifying the backfield. Center Shavin Wright is the lone returning starter along the offensive line.

"We have three solid running backs and three others were reassigned new positions just to get them on the field," Rolle said. "Players come into the spring trying out for any position but the coaches will make the final call."

Expect Times, a triple threat, to bring a new dimension to the Bulls. Jacory Harris, a 6-4 quarterback who enrolled at Miami in January, was pass-oriented, throwing for 3,445 yards and 49 TDs in 2007.

"Times is an athlete," Rolle said. "We'll do some different things this year, mainly establishing the run."

Northwestern, which completed a wire-to-wire finish atop the Elite 25 rankings, recorded its second straight 15-0 season, winning the nation's most difficult high school football tournament. The Bulls enter the season carrying a 30-game win streak, the longest current streak in Florida. The Greater Miami Athletic Conference features powers such as Miami Central, Booker T. Washington and Miami Southridge.

Last season, Rolle (112-29 record in 10 years) inherited a loaded squad with 26 returning seniors in July and knew better than to tinker with it. He won his third Class 6A state championship in his second stint with the Bulls. Rolle previously won a 6A title with Northwestern in 1998 and his second with k!llian (Miami) in 2004.

Rolle righted the ship when the entire Northwestern coaching staff was let go in the aftermath of a s3x scandal involving a former player and underage female student.

Instead of wilting, the Bulls pulled together, combining a quick-strike offense and stingy defense which had five shutouts.

The 4-3, ball-hawking defense is bolstered by cornerback Khalid Marshall (5-9, 165), nose tackle Todd Chandler (6-0, 280), safety Tevin McKaskill (6-2, 180) and end Wade Tolbert (6-2, 230). McKaskill is on the ESPN 150 Watch List.

Talent and depth are hallmarks for the Bulls.

"We always have the players but the spring is like a stepping stone," said Chandler, who favors Miami and Florida from a slew of suitors. "We ultimately want to win another state championship. This is the first step."

Rising junior Corvin Lamb, a converted slot back, is learning the position and already receiving recruiting correspondence. Lamb, who ran a 4.31 40-yard dash at the Underclassman Camp in February in Boca Raton, recently flashed that speed at the Class 4A state track meet.

Lamb, along with three football players, teamed to win the 4x400 meter relay. He took second in the 400 (47.96 seconds) and sixth in the 200 (21.97). Jones and Hargrett were two of the four legs on the third-place 4x100 relay.

"The bar is set high every year," said Corvin, who rushed for 338 yards and four scores as a sophomore. "It's our job to (during spring practice) to get them ready for the season and winning another title. That's what we expect around here."
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside South African Snowbunny Fitness Trainer(Lawd Have Mercy!!)
81 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This website shows how frighteningly quick the internet knows everythi..
6 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - The People's Cabinet?...Trump's administration for millionaire..
119 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Killing Me Softy
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 4 - Man With Gun Arrested at Comet Ping Pong
176 comments
1 day ago