Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oh My Damn!!!!
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside When ya upstairs neighbors more petty than you
74 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Middle School Student in China Proposes to His Teacher, Gets Mercilessl..
10 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 05-14-2008, 01:28 AM         #3821
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm always hyped for the seasons but I can't fu*king wait.. Tommy Streeter is gonna BEAST.. n*gga is a problem!
 05-14-2008, 01:30 AM         #3822
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Also wanna add. Look at Shannon's recruiting with a terrible team, imagine once we win some games. We should easily get one of the top classes if not the best.
 9 years ago '06        #3823
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,579 | Props total: 11963 11963
 Hurricane Ra said:
Also wanna add. Look at Shannon's recruiting with a terrible team, imagine once we win some games. We should easily get one of the top classes if not the best.
:applause::applause::applause:

get shannon in a home visit and he's a closer plain and simple!!!!!!!!!

Marino Rivera aint got shyt on randy!!!!!!

9 years ago '04        #3824
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,789 | Props total: 1391 1391
 P. Dedos said:
Brandon McGee is the truth and we badly need him in this class
dude aint going no where
 9 years ago '07        #3825
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
for real though, I cant wait for this season to start....Marve should be lightyears ahead of where kirby and kyle were last year....finally a legit qb
 9 years ago '04        #3826
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
Today we catch up with Joe Wylie, a 6-2, 187 pound safety out of Boyd Anderson High School in Lauderdale Lakes, Fla. I was first introduced to Wylie during a 7-on-7 tournament in 2006 when he turned a game of touch into full contact. That should tell fans all they need to know about his aggression on the field. Here's what Wylie is saying these days as he prepares for his UM arrival June 23:

SR: You made your college decision before finishing your junior year. What made you commit to UM so early in the process?

JW: When you know what you want, it just feels right. I felt like Miami was the perfect fit. There was no need to wait and beat around the bush. I really wanted to play for a coach like Randy Shannon.

SR: With your dad playing hoops at UM, was there any chance of you going elsewhere?

JW: I mean, I couldn't see myself playing anywhere other than UM just because the love I had for the school. But it wasn't a situation where my dad tried to pressure me. He always said it was up to myself and that whatever decision I made, he would support it.

SR: Early in your high school career, there was all this talk of you being a standout quarterback in Broward County. What brought on the decision to switch positions?

JW: Basically, it was a need. We had a couple good, young quarterbacks on the team. We were kind of lacking at the safety position. It was a decision made by the coaches. Coach (Mark) James and I sat down and we felt that I could contribute at safety. I never doubted myself. I never tried to make myself like I'm bigger than the team.

SR: But look at the attention Jacory Harris and Robert Marve receive. Do you miss playing quarterback just a bit?

JW: I mean, yes, that's the glamor position, that's the highlight position. That's where guys shine. But after playing safety and doing all that hitting and contact, I can't throw the ball like I used to. We were out there throwing it around the other day, and it wasn't the same.

SR: I first saw you at the Glades Central 7-on-7 tournament in the summer of 2006. It was a non-contact event, but you knocked out Glades Central receiver Eddie Poole on a crossing route. You remember that?

JW: (Laughing) Yeah, I remember. That's just me. It was just a 7-on-7 game, but I always have that mentality. I want to get you before you get me. I bring the same aggression to everything. I apologized to Eddie. It wasn't a situation where I was trying to hurt him. It was a situation where you just get caught up in the moment. It was just game time.

SR: Size is probably the biggest question mark for you. Have you bulked up in the offseason?

JW: I haven't maxed out, but I'm at my high school everyday working out. Right now, I'm 187 (up from 175 during the season). There's always room to get bigger, faster, stronger. I want to come in weighing at least 190.

SR: What have your conversations been like with coach Wesley McGriff? Any talk of redshirting?

JW: Honestly, we have never talked about redshirting. The biggest discussion with him has been will I be ready to play, do i want to play and do I have the drive and determination to play? I told him, `Yes' to all the questions. I just want to come in and make contributions to the team as early as possible.

SR: It seems likely you will begin your UM career as a cornerback. Is that what they're telling you?

JW: Yes, we've talked about that. He asked me if I can play a little bit of that. If it gets me on the field, then I'm all for it. It just means I would have to stay a little bit after practice because it would be new to me. I'll have to work on my hips and work on my speed. But whatever helps the team is fine with me.
 9 years ago '05        #3827
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,917 | Props total: 3 3
 C.R.I.P. said:
dude aint going no where
If the recruiting season ended today he would be a Buckeye.

Of course the recuiting season doesn't, so we'll see.
 9 years ago '04        #3828
1000bluntz 
space
space
$15,025 | Props total: 2225 2225
 ttime236 said:
for real though, I cant wait for this season to start....Marve should be lightyears ahead of where kirby and kyle were last year....finally a legit qb
Marve will probably struggle this year, you're being naive to think otherwise.
 9 years ago '06        #3829
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 1000bluntz said:
Marve will probably struggle this year, you're being naive to think otherwise.
no way he will be worse than a one completion game showing like the one againt NC state... somehow we still lost on the final play in that game...
 9 years ago '06        #3830
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 Y2Luda said:
If the recruiting season ended today he would be a Buckeye.

Of course the recuiting season doesn't, so we'll see.
i believe you said that same exact quote about brandon harris last year famo

9 years ago '04        #3831
1000bluntz 
space
space
$15,025 | Props total: 2225 2225
 P. Dedos said:
no way he will be worse than a one completion game showing like the one againt NC state... somehow we still lost on the final play in that game...
I'm not saying he'll be sh*tty like Kirby or that overrated as fu*k coming outta HS f*g**t Kyle Wright but he's going to have a lot of growing pains next season, that's almost guaranteed. Some of y'all are acting like he's going to lead y'all to a fu*king ACC title or some sh*t, yeah right.
 9 years ago '07        #3832
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
sh*t ill take marve over 1-14 passing with 3 picks
 9 years ago '05        #3833
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,917 | Props total: 3 3
 P. Dedos said:
i believe you said that same exact quote about brandon harris last year famo

Negative. I dont believe I did. I felt good about being in his final 3 and wouldn't have been surprised if he became a Buckeye but ultimetly never got my hopes up.

In comaprision.....

I feel good about being in his Top 2.....would be surprised (at this point) if he did NOT become a Buckeye....and have much more information to back that than anything I ever heard about Harris last year.

For example (about Harris):

Last edited by Y2Luda; 05-14-2008 at 02:55 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #3834
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
 1000bluntz said:
I'm not saying he'll be sh*tty like Kirby or that overrated as fu*k coming outta HS f*g**t Kyle Wright but he's going to have a lot of growing pains next season, that's almost guaranteed. Some of y'all are acting like he's going to lead y'all to a fu*king ACC title or some sh*t, yeah right.
the team will struggle again this year, they are mad young and its unrealistic to expect the freshmen to contribute right out the gate. there isnt a QB on the roster who's thrown a pass in a collegiate game, that alone is a scary thought.

on the flipside, numerous freshman QB's have had success recently, there's no reason to think marve cant be one of them.
 05-14-2008, 03:35 PM         #3835
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Marve will be nice as hell best believe. Esp with the WR class we brought in.
 9 years ago '07        #3837
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
yeah, I saw that sh*t too......Moncur is gonna beast, but where the hell is Javarris?
 9 years ago '05        #3838
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
wow ive been playing ncaa for a min now...that is the least amount of 90s ratings ive seen for the canes
 9 years ago '04        #3839
booie4 
space
space
$4,874 | Props total: 585 585
New Commit

Fleming Island OL Cory White already boasted offers from Troy, Cincinnati, Tulane, and FIU but on Wednesday afternoon the rising lineman picked up his first big offer when the Miami Hurricanes officially extended an offer. Hurricanes a.ssistant coach Clint Hurtt then got a surprise of his own later in the day when White informed the Miami coaching staff that their offer was the one he had been waiting for and made his commitment to be a Hurricane. FV has the latest on this rising star at offensive line that will now make his new home in Coral Gables next fall.

OL Cory White committed to the Hurricanes today
Recruiting is such an unpredictable process and no one knows that better than Fleming Island rising prospect Cory White who just recently started to pick-up interest from some of the top programs like Florida, Georgia Tech and Michigan. The Miami Hurricanes were another program on the radar for the 6-foot-5, 233 pound star and after a close look at White, Miami a.ssistant coach Clint Hurtt saw all he needed to and extended an offer to White.

"Coach Hurtt just mentioned they wanted to get a closer look at me and then shortly after that, I received my written offer. My heart was beating fast the whole time and I was so excited. I just felt Miami was the perfect place for me so I committed," explained White.

White had plenty of reasons to choose the Hurricanes despite the fact that he was starting to pick-up pretty heavy interest from a lot of top Division I programs.

"It's Miami. You don't get much better than that. The Hurricanes do a great job at putting players into the NFL, not to mention it is in-state, so my family would always have a chance to see me play, especially my father who's had a big influence in my football career. Also, Miami has a pretty good pre-med program and that's what I want study."

At first glance White might be a little undersized for the offensive line position, but according to Fleming Island a.ssistant coach Joel Brighton, that shouldn't be a concern

"No it's not that big of a deal because I believe the Matt Patchan kid who signed with Florida was a little undersized as well. Cory is a tenacious player at left tackle and just has a motor that never slows down."

Following his decision, White went into detail about how firm his commitment is to the University of Miami and if another big offer could sway him away from the Canes with in-state programs like Florida and FSU taking a hard look.

It's Miami. You don't get much better than that.
Cory White, OL
Fleming Island
"No, Miami is where I want to be. I'm still going to attend the Florida Gator summer camp, but I'm very happy with Miami. I'm just excited to be a part of the family. Miami is a great program with a strong history and it's just a relief to have my decision behind me now."

Unlike Miami though, Florida is recruiting White at the tight end position according to Coach Joel Brighton.

"It varies with a lot of schools in where they like Cory but Florida mentioned how impressed they were with Cory and they just wanted to see him perform at their summer camp."

Now with his school of choice out of the way, White can turn all his attention to helping Fleming Island have a big year and possibly making some noise in the playoffs.

"We lost about three guys last year on the offensive side of the ball but I think we should be really good this season. This team learned a lot last season and we are just pumped up about getting everything going. Spring practice is going very well and everyone is putting in the hard work."

As Coach Brighton mentioned, White plays with reckless abandon. So we asked White what goes through his mind once the ball is snapped?

"I'm just going full steam ahead and looking to hit my opponent is hard as humanly possible, delivering a clear message."
 9 years ago '04        #3840
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,789 | Props total: 1391 1391
 madness said:
the team will struggle again this year, they are mad young and its unrealistic to expect the freshmen to contribute right out the gate. there isnt a QB on the roster who's thrown a pass in a collegiate game, that alone is a scary thought.

on the flipside, numerous freshman QB's have had success recently, there's no reason to think marve cant be one of them.
i will agree with that statement. but i think we will be at least 2 games better than last year, although im hoping we win at least 8.

do i think Marve will be good, yes i think he will be very good...but surprisingly i think Jacory will be even better once he spends some time in the program. so out future seems secure as far as signal callers go. which is something we havent had the last few years and has cost us plenty of games, with KW/KF not reading defenses, not making the proper throws and etc...

Jacory and Marve are students of the game they are learning so we will be alright.

im expecting Marve to start. and to be honest i think he will at least do what KW did his first year starting in 05.

180 comp
307 att
58.6 %
2,403 yds
18 TD
10 INT
137.2 QB Rating

i think thats perfectly reachable by marve, it wouldnt surprise me if knocks off a few of those INT's and add a few TD's
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Plano High School Curriculum: Beer Pong & Algebra Teacher Puzzy
86 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside J Cole 4 Your Eyez Only Documentary! Drake Stans Come See a TRUE Hip Ho..
37 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Best Twerking Vines
33 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
69 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
360 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Soulja Boy caught Pump faking he in Singapore but really in a ratcher ..
59 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside SOCCER is better than FOOTBALL and BASKETBALL!!!!!
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Soulja Boy tell Shia LeBouf to pull up in the streets !!!!
50 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy